PDA

View Full Version : Early Coaches Poll

WOS87
04-03-2007, 03:59 AM
Dave Campbell put up an "early" coaches poll yesterday. A lot of usual suspects pretty much...

CLASS 5A 1. SLC 2. Katy 3. Trinity 4. Lufkin 5. Cedar Hill 6. Westfield 7. North Shore 8. Westlake 9. Smithson Valley 10. Allen

CLASS 4A 1. La Marque 2. Waco 3. Highland Park 4. Copperas Cove 5. Texas High 6. Stephenville 7. Lamar Consolidated 8. Alamo Heights 9. Brenham 10. Aledo

CLASS 3A 1. Liberty Hill 2. Cuero 3. Celina 4. Liberty-Eylau 5. Giddings 6. West Orange-Stark 7. Wimberley 8. Gilmer 9. Wylie 10. Robinson

CLASS 2A 1. Tatum 2. Mart 3. Marlin 4. Newton 5. Lexington 6. Cisco 7. Stratford 8. Jefferson 9. Boyd 10. Littlefield

CLASS 1A 1. Alto 2. Chilton 3. Windthorst 4. McCamey 5. Goldthwaite 6. Roscoe 7. Groveton 8. Shiner 9. West Sabine 10. Flatonia

trainin' the game
04-03-2007, 06:54 AM
5a looks ok. lufkin has something to prove at number 4.

do you have the link to this???

78 Spartan
04-03-2007, 07:01 AM
Baytown Lee should go into this season ranked ahead of North Shore, IMHO.

ktchamp97
04-03-2007, 07:59 AM
Lufkin, North Shore, and Westlake are too high, but it's hard to argue with the other 7.

KT and I have been working on our Top 25, but this year, just filling out the top 10 seems to be difficult. There seem to be only 3 teams that truly stand out, but there are about 40 teams that can make a case to be ranked, including some teams that would definitely surprise quite a few people.

Drake
04-03-2007, 08:04 AM
Baytown Lee should go into this season ranked ahead of North Shore, IMHO.I agree, but I don't think either deserve Top Ten. Lee has the potential, but they are receiving some attention based on a returning team that had one great performance against a team that turned out to be not all it was cracked up to be. I think North Shore made the Top Ten based on its reputation and its a safe pick because they'll probably be 10-0 when the playoffs roll around, but they probably ARE NOT one of the ten best teams. Lee might be one of the ten best once the playoffs roll around, but if I were voting I'd want them to show me something first before I gave them my vote.

c-lisle
04-03-2007, 08:20 AM
Lufkin, North Shore, and Westlake are too high, but it's hard to argue with the other 7.

KT and I have been working on our Top 25, but this year, just filling out the top 10 seems to be difficult. There seem to be only 3 teams that truly stand out, but there are about 40 teams that can make a case to be ranked, including some teams that would definitely surprise quite a few people.

As you know Lufkin has been extremely talented in the new millenium and there is no sign of that dropping off. I don't see any reason they shouldn't be there until it is proven otherwise on the field. I guess if you go off of returning starters then maybe you wouldn't rank them that high but we know there is much more to it than that. Lufkin is a top notch program and deserves that ranking.

HUM398
04-03-2007, 08:28 AM
I agree, but I don't think either deserve Top Ten. Lee has the potential, but they are receiving some attention based on a returning team that had one great performance against a team that turned out to be not all it was cracked up to be. I think North Shore made the Top Ten based on its reputation and its a safe pick because they'll probably be 10-0 when the playoffs roll around, but they probably ARE NOT one of the ten best teams. Lee might be one of the ten best once the playoffs roll around, but if I were voting I'd want them to show me something first before I gave them my vote.

i'd put them in the Top 15. Maybe 13 or 14. And then by the time the playoffs roll around, if everything goes well...They should come out of 21-5a with a couple close calls but a 10-0 record nontheless. Getting out of 21-5a with a 10-0 is going to be tough, and if they can... They deserve the Top 5-8 spot if you ask me (if they go 10-0, and if 21-5a is as competitive as they were last year)

t00 playa
04-03-2007, 08:28 AM
I agree, but I don't think either deserve Top Ten. Lee has the potential, but they are receiving some attention based on a returning team that had one great performance against a team that turned out to be not all it was cracked up to be. I think North Shore made the Top Ten based on its reputation and its a safe pick because they'll probably be 10-0 when the playoffs roll around, but they probably ARE NOT one of the ten best teams. Lee might be one of the ten best once the playoffs roll around, but if I were voting I'd want them to show me something first before I gave them my vote.

in hindsight... i would disagree with this statement.. simply because NS shot themselves in the foot against pearland and it was a close game... could have gone either way... and pearland went on to bow out in a close to a good westlake team that gave SLC a few problems in the title game.... so... i give lee a lot of credit...because if they could have beaten shore..they could have very well been the ones playing in the title game...... :eek:

HUM398
04-03-2007, 08:34 AM
in hindsight... i would disagree with this statement.. simply because NS shot themselves in the foot against pearland and it was a close game... could have gone either way... and pearland went on to bow out in a close to a good westlake team that gave SLC a few problems in the title game.... so... i give lee a lot of credit...because if they could have beaten shore..they could have very well been the ones playing in the title game...... :eek:

Great point.

On another note:

North Shore has alot to prove before they can be put in the Top 10. Only because they lost alot to Grad. and dont have the usual big names...Which could prove to be benifical.

ktchamp97
04-03-2007, 08:35 AM
As you know Lufkin has been extremely talented in the new millenium and there is no sign of that dropping off. I don't see any reason they shouldn't be there until it is proven otherwise on the field. I guess if you go off of returning starters then maybe you wouldn't rank them that high but we know there is much more to it than that. Lufkin is a top notch program and deserves that ranking.
I don't disagree with any of that, I just think a #4 ranking is a bit high for a team that has to replace such key contributors. I didn't mean to say that they didn't deserve to be in the Top 10, I just don't think they're #4.

t00 playa
04-03-2007, 08:37 AM
Great point.

On another note:

North Shore has alot to prove before they can be put in the Top 10. Only because they lost alot to Grad. and dont have the usual big names...Which could prove to be benifical.

i agree... too much to prove to deserve a ranking......and i dont have a problem with teams like lee who return many starters ranked in the top 5-10....

HUM398
04-03-2007, 08:38 AM
Dave Campbell put up an "early" coaches poll yesterday. A lot of usual suspects pretty much...

CLASS 5A 1. SLC 2. Katy 3. Trinity 4. Lufkin 5. Cedar Hill 6. Westfield 7. North Shore 8. Westlake 9. Smithson Valley 10. Allen

CLASS 4A 1. La Marque 2. Waco 3. Highland Park 4. Copperas Cove 5. Texas High 6. Stephenville 7. Lamar Consolidated 8. Alamo Heights 9. Brenham 10. Aledo

CLASS 3A 1. Liberty Hill 2. Cuero 3. Celina 4. Liberty-Eylau 5. Giddings 6. West Orange-Stark 7. Wimberley 8. Gilmer 9. Wylie 10. Robinson

CLASS 2A 1. Tatum 2. Mart 3. Marlin 4. Newton 5. Lexington 6. Cisco 7. Stratford 8. Jefferson 9. Boyd 10. Littlefield

CLASS 1A 1. Alto 2. Chilton 3. Windthorst 4. McCamey 5. Goldthwaite 6. Roscoe 7. Groveton 8. Shiner 9. West Sabine 10. Flatonia

I have no disagreements with this Ranking with the exception of NS, WF and Lufkin.

NS is to high for a Preseason ranking. Westfield needs to be higher. And Lufkin is WAY to high for a preseason ranking.

My top 5 ranking:
1. SLC
2. Katy
3.Westfield
4.Trinity
5.Cedar hill

Everything else looks about right.

Drake
04-03-2007, 10:35 AM
My Top Ten:

1. Westfield
2. SLC
3. Trinity
4. Allen
5. Longview
6. Plano East
7. Katy
8. Lufkin
9. Cedar Hill
10. Tyler Lee/Smithson Valley

HUM398
04-03-2007, 10:42 AM
My Top Ten:

1. Westfield
2. SLC
3. Trinity
4. Allen
5. Longview
6. Plano East
7. Katy
8. Lufkin
9. Cedar Hill

Wow...Katy is really low, and Westfield is really high. Well, anything is possible. I def. Think Westfield is a legit contender this year.

ScottS
04-03-2007, 10:50 AM
What D1 recruits does Westfield have?

HUM398
04-03-2007, 10:51 AM
What D1 recruits does Westfield have?

alot of them have the potential to go D1... They just dont have the grades. Which is becoming IMO a Huge problem in the Greater Houston Area.

They are one of the most talented team in the State, if not country.

Drake
04-03-2007, 10:56 AM
Wow...Katy is really low, and Westfield is really high. Well, anything is possible. I def. Think Westfield is a legit contender this year.What? #7 in the state is NOT low. The fact is Katy has as good a shot as any team in the state to make it to the State Championship game, but that doesn't necessarily make them #1, 2, 3, or 4...

But my top ten is based on heads up ability. The way I picked my top ten is I used SLC as my anchor team (started with them) and then took each school and compared them to SLC (did I think they could beat SLC) and moved them down the list (or up in the case of Westfield) until I thought they would beat the next team on the list. Do you honestly believe Katy should be the favorite heads up against SLC, Trinity, or Westfield? I don't. If you agree then that makes them 4 right there, doesn't it?

HUM398
04-03-2007, 11:17 AM
What? #7 in the state is NOT low. The fact is Katy has as good a shot as any team in the state to make it to the State Championship game, but that doesn't necessarily make them #1, 2, 3, or 4...

But my top ten is based on heads up ability. The way I picked my top ten is I used SLC as my anchor team (started with them) and then took each school and compared them to SLC (did I think they could beat SLC) and moved them down the list (or up in the case of Westfield) until I thought they would beat the next team on the list. Do you honestly believe Katy should be the favorite heads up against SLC, Trinity, or Westfield? I don't. If you agree then that makes them 4 right there, doesn't it?

ok.. I understand how you did it. I dont approach the rankings in the same manner.

BUT, i would still have Katy higher..using your Ranking system. 4 or 5.

WOS87
04-03-2007, 11:25 AM
5a looks ok. lufkin has something to prove at number 4.

do you have the link to this???

Sorry about that... I meant to include it in the original post... scroll down to 4/2/07 to find the actual post.

DCTF Early Coaches Poll (http://www.texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&change_well_id=2&url_article_id=897)

trainin' the game
04-03-2007, 11:30 AM
My Top Ten:

1. Westfield
2. SLC
3. Trinity
4. Allen
5. Longview
6. Plano East
7. Katy
8. Lufkin
9. Cedar Hill

:eek: :confused: :eek:
whatever!

Drake
04-03-2007, 11:36 AM
:eek: :confused: :eek:
whatever!I know you don't care what I think, but tell me you're going to have William Cole back and I'll move you up 9 spots! :)

c-lisle
04-03-2007, 11:43 AM
My Top Ten:

1. Westfield
2. SLC
3. Trinity
4. Allen
5. Longview
6. Plano East
7. Katy
8. Lufkin
9. Cedar Hill

Longview will be a legitimate contender this year but I wouldn't have us that high at this point. We have some very talented players returning and some coming up to fill the holes. There is a Fresh QB who is very good and we will see at spring training how well he does. If he has a good spring traing and matures over the summer some we could have a QB controversy come fall. If that sophomore gets the starting job then I am not sure how the season will go.

trainin' the game
04-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Sorry about that... I meant to include it in the original post... scroll down to 4/2/07 to find the actual post.

DCTF Early Coaches Poll (http://www.texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&change_well_id=2&url_article_id=897)

thanks.

home-town; how are things looking in the golden triangle for this fall?

trainin' the game
04-03-2007, 11:48 AM
[QUOTE=Drake;450856]I know you don't care what I think, but tell me you're going to have William Cole back and I'll move you up 9 spots! :)[/QUOTE

LOL!!!!okok; no it's not that; i promise i'm done with ch. i'm talking about slc 80-1? gotta respect that.

Drake
04-03-2007, 12:15 PM
LOL!!!!okok; no it's not that; i promise i'm done with ch. i'm talking about slc 80-1? gotta respect that.Believe me I do. And one of the big reasons for 80-1 is no longer there. Still, putting them #2 had nothing to do with lack of respect, but more to do with my opinion of the team Westfield will be fielding...

trainin' the game
04-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Believe me I do. And one of the big reasons for 80-1 is no longer there. Still, putting them #2 had nothing to do with lack of respect, but more to do with my opinion of the team Westfield will be fielding...

so you think they will take it all by giving them the top spot then.

what all do they have coming back?

Drake
04-03-2007, 12:38 PM
so you think they will take it all by giving them the top spot then.

what all do they have coming back?They were 13-1 last year, their defense gave up 4 points a game, they have at least 4 defensive players that are solid D1 prospects, they have 10 players on this site's "Super List", and they have size, speed, and coaching. QB will be a concern early, but by playoff time they'll be rolling like a runaway locomotive...

mad_fan
04-03-2007, 12:49 PM
I don't care what the coaches in Early think...:eek:

:rolleyes:

KT1ss24
04-03-2007, 01:15 PM
What? #7 in the state is NOT low. The fact is Katy has as good a shot as any team in the state to make it to the State Championship game, but that doesn't necessarily make them #1, 2, 3, or 4....

Actually, it is. Consider that there are national sportswriters considering Katy for the top 10 maybe top 5 nationally (I'd say top 20, like 16, but whatever). I'm not so sure about WF at #1 either, they have a terrific defense but they never play anyone during the season that gets them ready for the PO's. I do agree with KT2000 & co. that after the first 3 or 4 it's a bit shady so that being said; 1. SLC 2. Katy 3. & 4. Lufkin and ET interchangeable but after that for the most part it's a toss up.

ktchamp97
04-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Actually, it is. Consider that there are national sportswriters considering Katy for the top 10 maybe top 5 nationally (I'd say top 20, like 16, but whatever). I'm not so sure about WF at #1 either, they have a terrific defense but they never play anyone during the season that gets them ready for the PO's. I do agree with KT2000 & co. that after the first 3 or 4 it's a bit shady so that being said; 1. SLC 2. Katy 3. & 4. Lufkin and ET interchangeable but after that for the most part it's a toss up.
Actually, I think Westfield's district is plenty strong enough to prepare them for the playoffs. Klein, Klein Forest, and Klein Oak are all solid teams making that district one of, if not the best in Houston. Westfield is infinitely more prepared for the playoffs with their district schedule than Katy, Lufkin, or North Shore are, for example.

I may not necessarily agree with Westfield as #1 either, but I also don't think it's much of a stretch...that program is a legitimate powerhouse and they have plenty of talent coming back.

panamamyers
04-03-2007, 02:16 PM
I would not put Lee in the top 10, however I would put them ahead of North Shore. So, I guess I'd just move North Shore down some.

I thought at first that North Shore underachieved last year, but the more I thought about it...by all rights they should have beaten Pearland. They were rolling them in the first quarter. The lucky run at the end of the first half was a back breaker. Pearland almost made the state finals. So, I think North Shore wasn't really that bad of a team, and if Lee could have won that game, who is to say what would have happened.

t00 playa
04-03-2007, 02:32 PM
I would not put Lee in the top 10, however I would put them ahead of North Shore. So, I guess I'd just move North Shore down some.

I thought at first that North Shore underachieved last year, but the more I thought about it...by all rights they should have beaten Pearland. They were rolling them in the first quarter. The lucky run at the end of the first half was a back breaker. Pearland almost made the state finals. So, I think North Shore wasn't really that bad of a team, and if Lee could have won that game, who is to say what would have happened.

thats exactly the point i made earlier.... exactly. There just was not much separation between Lee, NS, Pearland, and Cy Fair........ all were super tough and all had just a good a chance as anyone at playing in the state title game.... so i dont slight anyone of those teams.... yes.. i was frustrated with north shores anemic offense....however.. that didnt make them a bad team... i just thought they could have been much better..but they were still by no means a weak team....:eek:

rodjohns
04-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Actually, I think Westfield's district is plenty strong enough to prepare them for the playoffs. Klein, Klein Forest, and Klein Oak are all solid teams making that district one of, if not the best in Houston. Westfield is infinitely more prepared for the playoffs with their district schedule than Katy, Lufkin, or North Shore are, for example.

I may not necessarily agree with Westfield as #1 either, but I also don't think it's much of a stretch...that program is a legitimate powerhouse and they have plenty of talent coming back.

You are my new Hero.

16-5a gets no credit Klein Forest, Klein, Klein Oak and Westfield are very tough. The talent is spread pretty thin between these Schools and if they decided one day to recruit like Kingwood they would be unstoppable. Oops did I just say that?

Go Bearkats!!

rodjohns
04-03-2007, 02:46 PM

Can you give us an update on Katy's returners this year? if this has been discussed already just point me to the thread.

Thanks

panamamyers
04-03-2007, 03:17 PM
I think you must be confusing Westfield's district with North Shore's district. Westfield has a great group of teams to challenge them in their district.

Redhoss
04-03-2007, 03:28 PM
My Top Ten:

1. Westfield
2. SLC
3. Trinity
4. Allen
5. Longview
6. Plano East
7. Katy
8. Lufkin
9. Cedar Hill

Drake, how many folks does Westfield return?

I saw Westfied two times last year. I can guarantee you they would not have beaten Katy. In fact, Klein Forest did beat them and had the winning touchdown called back on a penalty in the last two minutes.

Against The Woodlands, the game was closer for a good part than the score indicated.

If Katy doesn't play in the semi's this year, I'll pay your debt to Carl. :D

Redhoss
04-03-2007, 03:30 PM

Champ, why not list the number 26-40 teams in a bunch after the top 25 are announced?

ktchamp97
04-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Champ, why not list the number 26-40 teams in a bunch after the top 25 are announced?
As hard as it is to rank anything outside of the Top 10, ranking 26-40 with any sort of accuracy would be damn near impossible...all of those teams would be appear to be about equal since we're not to the point where we get full participation/feedback from our coaches surveys. Most of the time, all we have to go on is returning All-District players, recent program history, and our own "knowledge," which really ain't much.

We kinda sorta allude to those teams not making the Top 25 cut when we put out our Darkhorse list and the Most Improved list, but we don't attempt to put them in order as of yet.

Drake
04-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Drake, how many folks does Westfield return?

I saw Westfied two times last year. I can guarantee you they would not have beaten Katy. In fact, Klein Forest did beat them and had the winning touchdown called back on a penalty in the last two minutes.

Against The Woodlands, the game was closer for a good part than the score indicated.

If Katy doesn't play in the semi's this year, I'll pay your debt to Carl. :DFirst of all, I don't owe Carl anything. I owe KatyTigerDad. Somehow Carl got in on the deal, I still don't know how??

Secondly, Katy is a virtual lock for the Region III d2 Championship game regardless of how good they really are, and right now I can't think of any in the D2 side of Region III that would be favored over them in the final. My hopes are that Baytown Lee qualifies for D2 and is good enough to play through for a shot at them in the regional III d2 final. If that happens then that means Lee is playing well and since they run an offense similar to CyFalls, they might make it a game.

I think most contenders would prefer to play Katy rather than Westfield. Katy has an awesome program, but Westfield does too and Westfield is bigger and faster. Just one guys opinion though.

CFlb38 08
04-03-2007, 03:49 PM
good list i think.

Redhoss
04-03-2007, 04:03 PM
my bad on the mixup in the bet. :eek:

But, regarding Katy, I hear they have a difficult time getting teams to play them.
Personally, I would like to see Pearland, NorthShore and Westfield play Katy every year in the pre-season.
This would be much better when not having to travel.

Big Daddy Cool
04-03-2007, 04:12 PM
I think North Shore made the Top Ten based on its reputation

Whether its Dave Campbell doing the ranking or its someone else reputation almost always plays some part in where a team is ranked. I mean aside from SLC and Cedar Hill who are the defending champs, everyone else was ranked to some degree on what they've done in the past. And when you consider this is a poll made in April you can bet come August there will be a lot of changes made to it.

Honestly I wouldn't have a problem with North Shore being left out of the top ten. Seeing as no one really knows what kind of team they will have I say let them be a wildcard or darkhorse team right now.

txhsfootballfan
04-03-2007, 04:33 PM
First of all, I don't owe Carl anything. I owe KatyTigerDad. Somehow Carl got in on the deal, I still don't know how??

Secondly, Katy is a virtual lock for the Region III d2 Championship game regardless of how good they really are, and right now I can't think of any in the D2 side of Region III that would be favored over them in the final. My hopes are that Baytown Lee qualifies for D2 and is good enough to play through for a shot at them in the regional III d2 final. If that happens then that means Lee is playing well and since they run an offense similar to CyFalls, they might make it a game.

I think most contenders would prefer to play Katy rather than Westfield. Katy has an awesome program, but Westfield does too and Westfield is bigger and faster. Just one guys opinion though.

You think most contenders would prefer to play Katy over Westfield? I know you wouldn't get that vote in Region I and I doubt you would get it in Region II. I agree that Westfield has a great program but no one in the state other than SLC has a ten year history that compares to Katy. Performance on the field should be your judge, not some bias about size and speed. I for one hope Katy stays in D2 and stays out of our way in December.

rodjohns
04-03-2007, 04:49 PM
You think most contenders would prefer to play Katy over Westfield? I know you wouldn't get that vote in Region I and I doubt you would get it in Region II. I agree that Westfield has a great program but no one in the state other than SLC has a ten year history that compares to Katy. Performance on the field should be your judge, not some bias about size and speed. I for one hope Katy stays in D2 and stays out of our way in December.

Klein decided last year that if they were going to play with the big boys they would schedule the big boys in the pre season. Klein opens with Katy. I hope we can make a game of it. Last year at the half Klein was up then Katy smacked us in second half. Same thing happened with Westfield Klein up at Half smacked in second. Is it the Athletes, Coaching, no winning tradition or a combination of the 3?

CCHS77
04-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Klein decided last year that if they were going to play with the big boys they would schedule the big boys in the pre season. Klein opens with Katy. I hope we can make a game of it. Last year at the half Klein was up then Katy smacked us in second half. Same thing happened with Westfield Klein up at Half smacked in second. Is it the Athletes, Coaching, no winning tradition or a combination of the 3?

On "paper", that sounds like coaching!

rich_pack
04-03-2007, 05:19 PM
From what I have heard so far about this next football season, I think Lufkin will be just fine...especially at the qb position.

Drake
04-03-2007, 06:47 PM
You think most contenders would prefer to play Katy over Westfield? I know you wouldn't get that vote in Region I and I doubt you would get it in Region II. I agree that Westfield has a great program but no one in the state other than SLC has a ten year history that compares to Katy. Performance on the field should be your judge, not some bias about size and speed. I for one hope Katy stays in D2 and stays out of our way in December.Well, that's my bad, because I didn't realize that Katy had all its players from the last 10 years back.

Um, I was talking about next season based on next season's teams...

As far as the last 10 years, you're right, Westfield's slate doesn't compare to Katy's... And if you think I should ignore size, speed, and talent, okay fine.

But both teams will have their core back from 13-1 teams this season and a head-to-head from last year slightly favors Westfield:

Katy beat Klein 31-14, Westfield beat Klein 24-3
Katy beat The Woodlands 10-7, Westfield beat The Woodlands 33-14
Katy lost to Cyfalls 21-28, Westfield beat CyFalls 13-6

Westfield also beat 3 round playoff team Westbrook 35-0, highly regarded Klein Forest, playoff surprise Klein Oak, Plano East, and barely lost to Allen, a solid contender for this year's crown.

I know games aren't played on paper, but with my respect for Katy's program and using this comparison alone, I can certainly justify my high regard for Westfield for this upcoming season.

HUM398
04-03-2007, 07:01 PM
You are my new Hero.

16-5a gets no credit Klein Forest, Klein, Klein Oak and Westfield are very tough. The talent is spread pretty thin between these Schools and if they decided one day to recruit like Kingwood they would be unstoppable. Oops did I just say that?

Go Bearkats!!

Kingwood Recruits for Football? Well ill be damned.. you could of fooled me. Considering that they aren't blessed on the Athletic aspect of the Football Program.

Now i have my Opinions and suspicions about their Basketball team, but thats about it... They are a legit Powerhouse in the Cross Country, track(distance and Field events), Baseball, Swimming, and Gymnastics. Football has yet to be seen, but they have a chance to really contend with the Triple option being installed. It makes up for their lack of athletic ability... But those kids Execute it to perfection.

txhsfootballfan
04-03-2007, 07:38 PM
Well, that's my bad, because I didn't realize that Katy had all its players from the last 10 years back.

Um, I was talking about next season based on next season's teams...

As far as the last 10 years, you're right, Westfield's slate doesn't compare to Katy's... And if you think I should ignore size, speed, and talent, okay fine.

But both teams will have their core back from 13-1 teams this season and a head-to-head from last year slightly favors Westfield:

Katy lost to Cyfalls 21-28, Westfield beat CyFalls 13-6

Westfield also beat 3 round playoff team Westbrook 35-0, highly regarded Klein Forest, playoff surprise Klein Oak, Plano East, and barely lost to Allen, a solid contender for this year's crown.

I know games aren't played on paper, but with my respect for Katy's program and using this comparison alone, I can certainly justify my high regard for Westfield for this upcoming season.

I'm sorry, I guess I misread your post. I thought your approach to "admiring" their program was a continuation of a bunch of other postings I have seen where you talk about how much you respect them while consistently relegating them to second tier status in your comments. Is there some history there that we are not privy to?

Justify away if it makes you feel better.

NSStangs#1fan
04-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Whether its Dave Campbell doing the ranking or its someone else reputation almost always plays some part in where a team is ranked. I mean aside from SLC and Cedar Hill who are the defending champs, everyone else was ranked to some degree on what they've done in the past. And when you consider this is a poll made in April you can bet come August there will be a lot of changes made to it.

Honestly I wouldn't have a problem with North Shore being left out of the top ten. Seeing as no one really knows what kind of team they will have I say let them be a wildcard or darkhorse team right now.

I agree but even if it was a dark horse, it wouldn't stay that way for long. I think we should be a good team... not great like 01 , 03 or even 05 to an extent., but hopefully the coaches know something we don't know!

panamamyers
04-03-2007, 07:50 PM
As a Baytown Lee fan, I'd much prefer to play Katy than Westfield this year. It's not a knock on Katy. Katy could very well stomp a mudhole in Lee, but I'd rather play them.

Drake
04-03-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm sorry, I guess I misread your post. I thought your approach to "admiring" their program was a continuation of a bunch of other postings I have seen where you talk about how much you respect them while consistently relegating them to second tier status in your comments. Is there some history there that we are not privy to?

Justify away if it makes you feel better.What are you talking about? I can respect Katy's program and still believe other teams might be better in '07... I only had to make my case because you took a "no way is Westfield better than Katy" stance using a 10 year history as your criteria... LOL

I think I have consistently said Katy is more likely to reach the championship game than ANY other team in the state. However, my Top Ten is based on who I think is better head-to-head.

Now, of course, if I feared being different or had a need to SUCK UP, I'd certainly have Katy on TOP. But I'm just calling it like I see it, and listing anyone in a Top Ten is a compliment, not relegation. Even so, I'm certainly not saying my Top Ten is indisputable...

the_pack
04-03-2007, 08:20 PM
I do not think that Lufkin should start out in the top 5. I believe that we should start out at around #7. However, I do believe that by the time the end of district rolls around, Lufkin will have proven its spot in the top 5.

PackAttack2005
04-03-2007, 10:33 PM
IMO, Lufkin has to prove they belong in the top 10. After the way they ended last season with an encore performance of the 2003 playoffs, I think Lufkin needs to again find that team chemistry and work ethic that got them to the State title in 2001 and three semi-final appearences thereafter. They really need to get back to the fundementals that originally helped them to become the winning program they are today. To be that hungry over achieving team again. It may be a good idea this year to stay away from spotlight of TV games and the individualism that brought down the team in 2006.

Lufkin will still have the speed and talent they always have every year, but keeping it together for the entire year will be the tough task and something they need to learn to do again, especially if they ever want to be back on top.

"Talent wins games, but Teamwork and Intelligence wins championships" Michael Jordan

Redhoss
04-03-2007, 10:47 PM

Katy lost to Cyfalls 21-28, Westfield beat CyFalls 13-6.

Tell you where I think you are going wrong.............
Katy vs. Klein and The Woods was game 1 and 2 with the youngest team in recent years for Katy and only 4 returning from the previous year.
Westfield vs. CyFalls was the first few games of the season as well.
I'm sure several teams started slow. I know Katy always does.

As for Westfield beating Klein Forest, it didn't happen. Forest outplayed Westfield all day. The score didn't reflect the winner.

t00 playa
04-04-2007, 07:19 AM
North Shore should start at around #23 to start the season.:eek:

Drake
04-04-2007, 07:59 AM
my bad on the mixup in the bet.

But, regarding Katy, I hear they have a difficult time getting teams to play them.
Personally, I would like to see Pearland, NorthShore and Westfield play Katy every year in the pre-season.
This would be much better when not having to travel.

Tell you where I think you are going wrong.............
Katy vs. Klein and The Woods was game 1 and 2 with the youngest team in recent years for Katy and only 4 returning from the previous year.
Westfield vs. CyFalls was the first few games of the season as well.
I'm sure several teams started slow. I know Katy always does.

As for Westfield beating Klein Forest, it didn't happen. Forest outplayed Westfield all day. The score didn't reflect the winner.I did not know North Shore, Pearland, and Westfield were afraid to play Katy. I also didn't know that Westfield lost to Klein Forest (the Chronicle had that wrong)

With that new information and trying to be less blasphemous, I've reworked my Top Ten. The way I now see it:

1. Katy
2. Katy JV
3. Westfield
4. SLC
5. Trinity
6. Allen
7. Longview
8. Plano East
9. Lufkin
10. Cedar Hill

(never thought I'd succumb to the pressure) :)

nsmustang
04-04-2007, 08:13 AM
North Shore is an unknown this year. They will be highly competitive as usual but to put them in the top ten is mind boggling unless DC knows something no one else does. But then again, its DC and he doesn't hold much stock with me. NS should not be top ten. I just store a ranking of this early in the trash can.

SV61
04-04-2007, 08:14 AM
I did not know North Shore, Pearland, and Westfield were afraid to play Katy. I also didn't know that Westfield lost to Klein Forest (the Chronicle had that wrong)

With that new information and trying to be less blasphemous, I've reworked my Top Ten. The way I now see it:

1. Katy
2. Katy JV
3. Westfield
4. SLC
5. Trinity
6. Allen
7. Longview
8. Plano East
9. Lufkin
10. Cedar Hill

Actually, Drake, I think you mean:

1. Katy
2. Katy JV Red
3. Katy JV White
4. Katy Sub Varsity
5. Katy Freshman
6. Katy Band
7. Katy Booster club
8. SLC
9. Cedar Hill
10. Spring Westfield

:D :D :D

Drake
04-04-2007, 08:17 AM

1. Katy
2. Katy JV Red
3. Katy JV White
4. Katy Sub Varsity
5. Katy Freshman
6. Katy Band
7. Katy Booster club
8. SLC
9. Cedar Hill
10. Spring Westfield

:D :D :DROFL! If I thought you were serious I'd say you have to swap 6 and 7, but I know you're not... :)

ScottS
04-04-2007, 08:20 AM

1. Katy
2. Katy JV Red
3. Katy JV White
4. Katy Sub Varsity
5. Katy Freshman
6. Katy Band
7. Katy Booster club
8. SLC
9. Cedar Hill
10. Spring Westfield

So the Katy band doubles as a football team? I hope we don't run into them.

BlackandRed05
04-04-2007, 08:47 AM

1. Katy
2. Katy JV Red
3. Katy JV White
4. Katy Sub Varsity
5. Katy Freshman
6. Katy Band
7. Katy Booster club
8. SLC
9. Cedar Hill
10. Spring Westfield

The Katy Chess Club should be ranked in the 8th spot.

t00 playa
04-04-2007, 10:26 AM
I did not know North Shore, Pearland, and Westfield were afraid to play Katy. I also didn't know that Westfield lost to Klein Forest (the Chronicle had that wrong)

1. Katy
2. Katy JV
3. Westfield
4. SLC
5. Trinity
6. Allen
7. Longview
8. Plano East
9. Lufkin
10. Cedar Hill

you really think NS would be afraid to play katy? yeah right. Thats another..thier coaches say this.... NS coaches say that... etc etc... about why the deal couldnt be done...:eek:

SV61
04-04-2007, 10:30 AM
So the Katy band doubles as a football team? I hope we don't run into them.

Hell, the Tuba section alone averages about 280!

:D

They DO have an awesome band, no doubt!

Da da, da dom!!!

Da da, da dom!!

Redhoss
04-04-2007, 01:18 PM

1. Katy
2. Katy JV
3. Westfield
4. SLC
5. Trinity
6. Allen
7. Longview
8. Plano East
9. Lufkin
10. Cedar Hill

Drake, sorry if I hurt your feelings :rolleyes:

Actually, I think SLC has to be ranked number 1 with their recent history. I don't know if I would place Katy above Trinity or not. Trinity had an awesome team last year.
I certainly believe Katy and Trinity could be swapped in the second spot.
Westfield might still be a little high at number 3 in my opinion.
I think Lufkin might be ranked a bit too low given their recent past as well.
I don't feel that I have enough knowledge to speculate on the other teams you have listed.

After the season, I'll be certain to look back on your initial rankings. :D

By the way, I never said that any of those teams were afraid to play Katy, so let's not try to put words in my mouth.

Drake
04-04-2007, 01:27 PM
After the season, I'll be certain to look back on your initial rankings. :D

Since, as I have said, I made my Top Ten based on who can beat who, how about you get back to me after Katy has PLAYED and BEATEN any of the teams (Westfield, SLC, Trinity, Allen, Longview, Plano East) I ranked ahead of them! :D

PackAttack2005
04-04-2007, 01:46 PM
Lufkin at #9 is generous, based only on their past success.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, they will be young and unproven in 2007, they will need to earn any ranking they get.

1. SLC
2. Katy
3. Euless Trinity
4. S. Westfield
5. Allen
6. Plano East
7. Leander
8. Cedar Hill
9. Tyler Lee
10. Odessa Permian ( they are on the way back)

12. Lufkin (we'll see if the 2007 team comes together)

Redhoss
04-04-2007, 02:37 PM
Since, as I have said, I made my Top Ten based on who can beat who, how about you get back to me after Katy has PLAYED and BEATEN any of the teams (Westfield, SLC, Trinity, Allen, Longview, Plano East) I ranked ahead of them! :D

Well let's see, Katy beat SLC in '03 and Longview in '97. :D

Alright, past doesn't count and we're talking this year.

The reason I mentioned playing Pearland, NorthShore and Westfield is because they almost always go D1 which means Katy never plays them.
I think it would be good to play other teams in the area and I think good programs need to play better teams to maintain an edge.

Redhoss
04-04-2007, 02:41 PM
As I mentioned in an earlier post, they will be young and unproven in 2007, they will need to earn any ranking they get.

1. SLC
2. Katy
3. Euless Trinity
4. S. Westfield
5. Allen
6. Plano East
7. Leander
8. Cedar Hill
9. Tyler Lee

Pack, I think ya gotta count Lufkin as a top ten anyway.

But I'm wondering if Abilene might be a top ten sleeper this year. They had a decent young team last year and are looking to return quite a number from what I hear?

I think mojo might be yet another year away but we'll have to see.

CoveMom
04-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Pack, I think ya gotta count Lufkin as a top ten anyway.

But I'm wondering if Abilene might be a top ten sleeper this year. They had a decent young team last year and are looking to return quite a number from what I hear?

I think mojo might be yet another year away but we'll have to see.

I'll let you know after our annual scrimmage this fall. Remind me, unless you have already seen them in practice before then. We have scrimmaged them for several years because both teams walk away with so much valuable information about themselves from the event. Great team and coaching at AHS. They help you reveal what your team has the potential for.

I hope they do turn out to be a "sleeper" in 5A. Why not, my team is 4A now anyhoo.....:D

Redhoss
04-04-2007, 03:43 PM
OK CoveMom, I'll try to do that.

I expect by that time, the board will be heating up as usual and threads will be flying all over the place. :D

powerofthehaka
04-04-2007, 04:28 PM

1. SLC
2. Katy
3. Euless Trinity
4. S. Westfield
5. Allen
6. Plano East
7. Leander
8. Cedar Hill
9. Tyler Lee

We'll know after week 2 how these three teams stack up.
Lee week 1 and Permian week 2. Nice little road trips to start the season!

NSStangs#1fan
04-04-2007, 06:11 PM
you really think NS would be afraid to play katy? yeah right. Thats another..thier coaches say this.... NS coaches say that... etc etc... about why the deal couldnt be done...:eek:

The boys @ NS are afraid of no one! They just choose bad days to make bad plays sure against Pasadena it's ok in the PO's not so much!

txhsfootballfan
04-04-2007, 08:18 PM

Actually I thought your top ten was loosely based on who beat who last year with extra brownie points going to anyone from Region 1. I assume you factored in a year of experience for returning starters, so I can only assume that you think very highly of Region 1 (which I agree with) and regard Region 2 favorably as well; that the best team in the greater Houston area is Westfield and that the only reason Katy would challenge for a state title is because all of the "good" teams in your poll will be in Division 1 while Katy will be in Division 2. So, using your logic, I can also assume that if Westfield lost to SLC, Trinity and Allen during this stretch and Katy went undefeated against different competition, you would still rank Westfield as a favorite against Katy because Division 1 teams have to be stronger than Division 2 teams. Conversely, if Katy finished fourth in its district but qualified for the the Division 1 playoffs and defeated SLC or Trinity in the final, then Katy would be ranked ahead of anyone that lost to SLC or Trinity. Am I on the right track????

WestlandTiger'95
04-04-2007, 08:43 PM

well, why dont you get back to me when those teams beat katy. that argument/point doesnt hold much water...Your opinion in fine with me, Westfield may be the best team. But we dont know who beat who yet. we wont see one of those matchups this year anyway.

slorch
04-04-2007, 09:38 PM
I think Longview should definately be on the list.

How long has it been since they lost a scrimmage?:D

Drake
04-04-2007, 10:12 PM
Actually I thought your top ten was loosely based on who beat who last year with extra brownie points going to anyone from Region 1. I assume you factored in a year of experience for returning starters, so I can only assume that you think very highly of Region 1 (which I agree with) and regard Region 2 favorably as well; that the best team in the greater Houston area is Westfield and that the only reason Katy would challenge for a state title is because all of the "good" teams in your poll will be in Division 1 while Katy will be in Division 2. So, using your logic, I can also assume that if Westfield lost to SLC, Trinity and Allen during this stretch and Katy went undefeated against different competition, you would still rank Westfield as a favorite against Katy because Division 1 teams have to be stronger than Division 2 teams. Conversely, if Katy finished fourth in its district but qualified for the the Division 1 playoffs and defeated SLC or Trinity in the final, then Katy would be ranked ahead of anyone that lost to SLC or Trinity. Am I on the right track????Not sure about that. I will admit that I weighted the northern regions higher because overall they have stronger programs, especially at the top. The fact is, Katy returns the same team that didn't make it out of its region and got beat by a team that didn't look like it could have gone very far in Region I or II. That's the facts going into this season. Agreed they'll walk through their district and probably through d2 of region III. Unless they play Smithson, they'll probably have an easier opponent in the semi-final than they did the game prior. That puts them in the championship game. Does it make them better than SLC or Trinity, one of which will lose in the 2nd round of d1? Not necessarily... Very few would say CyFalls was a better team than Trinity this year, would they?

That said, Katy plays the schedule its given by the rules its given and goes to the playoffs its told. If they win it all then they're every bit the champion the d1 winner is.

Anyway, its just my Top Ten and like every other high school poll in Texas, it is meaningless.

wargograw
04-04-2007, 11:57 PM
i can at least vouch that westlake is in the right slot. we will be very young this year. although going by what that guy said about teams taht could beat them, we should definitely be higher granted we almost did beat them.

pack0808
04-05-2007, 08:50 AM

1. SLC
2. Katy
3. Euless Trinity
4. S. Westfield
5. Allen
6. Plano East
7. Leander
8. Cedar Hill
9. Tyler Lee

I disagree! Lufkin has proven they are a top 10 type team year in and year out regardless of the shocking upset last year and regardless of how many starters they have coming back. They have had some great years when having to replace a load of starters in recent history. See 02, 04, and 05. Especially 02 and 04. They lost 80% plus of their starters (90% in 01) the year before and just missed winning state both of those years. I think Lufkin is around a #8 this preseason.

fb#1
04-05-2007, 09:50 AM
This is why you guys should not even talk about polls!!!!!!!!!!

pack0808
04-05-2007, 09:59 AM
This is why you guys should not even talk about polls!!!!!!!!!!

Polls are fun to discuss and make for good message board discussion. There will always be polls and predictions (at all levels) because it is good advertising and it pumps fans up for the season!

HUM398
04-05-2007, 10:05 AM
Polls are fun to discuss and make for good message board discussion. There will always be polls and predictions (at all levels) because it is good advertising and it pumps fans up for the season!

I can do with out NFL Rankings and Polls...

In fact, i can do without the NFL.

Damn Texans:mad:

pack0808
04-05-2007, 10:10 AM
I can do with out NFL Rankings and Polls...

In fact, i can do without the NFL.

Damn Texans:mad:

Yeah the college and hs rankings are much more fun to discuss.

txhsfootballfan
04-05-2007, 05:29 PM
Not sure about that. I will admit that I weighted the northern regions higher because overall they have stronger programs, especially at the top. The fact is, Katy returns the same team that didn't make it out of its region and got beat by a team that didn't look like it could have gone very far in Region I or II. That's the facts going into this season. Agreed they'll walk through their district and probably through d2 of region III. Unless they play Smithson, they'll probably have an easier opponent in the semi-final than they did the game prior. That puts them in the championship game. Does it make them better than SLC or Trinity, one of which will lose in the 2nd round of d1? Not necessarily... Very few would say CyFalls was a better team than Trinity this year, would they?

That said, Katy plays the schedule its given by the rules its given and goes to the playoffs its told. If they win it all then they're every bit the champion the d1 winner is.

Anyway, its just my Top Ten and like every other high school poll in Texas, it is meaningless.

I would hesitate to confuse what you refer to as "the facts going into this season" with your opinions of last season. While CyFalls stepped on Katy in their game, SLC barely escaped Trinity in the last seconds (my blood pressure is still pumping from the excitement of that game). I still would have put Katy up against either SLC or Trinity and expected a good game with a toss-up outcome because that is the kind of team Katy is. It's no different than the Aggies stepping on Kansas and UT during the basketball season but losing to Texas Tech twice. No one would have said that Tech was a better basketball team than A&M even though Tech beat them twice. I would think the same thing would hold true with Katy's team of 2006 and their loss in the Region 3 final.

North Shore Mustang
04-06-2007, 12:53 PM
HAHA, oh my...polls...you people have nothing else better to do?
May seem fun to predict...but I am pretty sure a lot of people are just going off by school name for rankings...how many actually have done the research????, if you have great, BUT THEN...anything can happen. Things, especially this great texas hs football thing, don't always go the way it's written on paper....espcially during the the spring training time....couple of more months people!

HUM398
04-06-2007, 01:07 PM
HAHA, oh my...polls...you people have nothing else better to do?
May seem fun to predict...but I am pretty sure a lot of people are just going off by school name for rankings...how many actually have done the research????, if you have great, BUT THEN...anything can happen. Things, especially this great texas hs football thing, don't always go the way it's written on paper....espcially during the the spring training time....couple of more months people!

blah..blah..blah

Blah...blah...blah blah..blah

toonman
04-06-2007, 03:05 PM
alot of them have the potential to go D1... They just dont have the grades. Which is becoming IMO a Huge problem in the Greater Houston Area.

They are one of the most talented team in the State, if not country.

We read this each year about Westfield only for them to fade away in another underachieving season.

WestlandTiger'95
04-06-2007, 05:01 PM
I would hesitate to confuse what you refer to as "the facts going into this season" with your opinions of last season. While CyFalls stepped on Katy in their game, SLC barely escaped Trinity in the last seconds (my blood pressure is still pumping from the excitement of that game). I still would have put Katy up against either SLC or Trinity and expected a good game with a toss-up outcome because that is the kind of team Katy is. It's no different than the Aggies stepping on Kansas and UT during the basketball season but losing to Texas Tech twice. No one would have said that Tech was a better basketball team than A&M even though Tech beat them twice. I would think the same thing would hold true with Katy's team of 2006 and their loss in the Region 3 final.

i think people have the wrong idea of how that game went down. We had a VERY GOOD chance to win the game on the 5 yrd line on the last play. it was a VERY close, great game. If any katy loss no matter how close it is so significant that its considered a "stepped on" affair....then I guess we'll take that as a compliment:rolleyes:

PurpleNation
04-06-2007, 06:31 PM

In 2004 my Sr season we started out #17 in Dave Campbells but #4 in the coaches poll and we hardly had any returning starters I think it was some were around 3-2. So a total of 5 starters. Needless to say we finished 14-1 and lost to SLC 37-30 in the semi finals. Lufkin can never be to high in the rankings because we dont rebuild here we just simply reload. Your a Katy fan so you should no first hand. In 2002 we were unranked but some how managed to simply beat a #4 ranked Katy team bad (41-16). The coaches always know what they are talking about. I can promise you that Lufkin will go at least 4 deep next season in the playoffs. Plus you people are putting to much into these rankings it doesnt matter were you start but were you finish.

panamamyers
04-06-2007, 08:49 PM
We read this each year about Westfield only for them to fade away in another underachieving season.

Is everyone on crack in this forum? First I hear that Westfield is in a weak district.(obviously confusing Westfield and North Shore)

Now, I see that Westfield is built up and fails to live up to expectations? Say what brother? Where have they been ranked pre-season the last 3 years that would cause them to fall short of expectations? They haven't been ranked number one in the state for sure. They have made the state championship game, made the semi-finals and then made the quarterfinals in three consective seasons. For Christ's sake man. Other than Southlake Carroll, who in the hell in the state has a better resume` than that. Sometimes, I think people just type to hear the tip tappin of the keyboard.

pack0808
04-07-2007, 12:42 AM
Is everyone on crack in this forum? First I hear that Westfield is in a weak district.(obviously confusing Westfield and North Shore)

Now, I see that Westfield is built up and fails to live up to expectations? Say what brother? Where have they been ranked pre-season the last 3 years that would cause them to fall short of expectations? They haven't been ranked number one in the state for sure. They have made the state championship game, made the semi-finals and then made the quarterfinals in three consective seasons. For Christ's sake man. Other than Southlake Carroll, who in the hell in the state has a better resume` than that. Sometimes, I think people just type to hear the tip tappin of the keyboard.

Katy, Lufkin, and SV

AE 8008
04-07-2007, 01:02 AM

1. SLC
2. Katy
3. Euless Trinity
4. S. Westfield
5. Allen
6. Plano East
7. Leander
8. Cedar Hill
9. Tyler Lee

Permian is not a top 10 team yet. they are definately a good team, not taking anything away from them, but i doubt they will be able to hang with ET early. they also need to get past Abilene in district (8 straight losses to the Eagles, not to mention AHS has a 16 game district winning streak). i see maybe 18-25 at the beginning, and moving up as the season goes along, but not a top 10 team from the start

panamamyers
04-07-2007, 10:28 AM
Katy, Lufkin, and SV

Tell me the end result of the last 3 years for each of those teams. I don't think any of those teams can claim BETTER RESULTS than a finals appearance, a semi-finals appearance and a quarterfinals appearance. I don't think Lufkin has been in a finals game since McNeal was there, so they are automatically disqualified. Katy made the finals two years ago, lost in the regional finals last year. I'm not sure what they did three years ago. If SV was ever eliminated before the quarterfinals, then they are gone too, because I know they haven't won state.

ktchamp97
04-07-2007, 11:36 AM
In the last 3 years, Westfield is behind only Southlake Carroll and Katy. An argument could be made for Trinity since they did win a state title, but Westfield has won 2 more games and lost 2 fewer games, despite playing 2 less games in '05 due to Rita...and they've appeared in two more playoff games than Trinity.

Here are the numbers for the Top 10 programs over the last 3 years:
1. SLC: 48-0 (100%), 18 playoff apps
2. Katy: 39-4 (90.7%), 14 playoff apps
3. Westfield: 37-4 (90.2%), 13 playoff apps
4. Lufkin: 39-3 (92.9%), 12 playoff apps
5. SV: 35-7 (83.3%), 12 playoff apps
6. Trinity: 35-6 (85.4%), 11 playoff apps
7. Abilene: 32-7 (82.1%), 9 playoff apps
8. Allen: 31-8 (79.5%), 9 playoff apps
9. Judson: 28-11 (71.2%), 9 playoff apps
10. North Shore: 33-3 (91.2%), 6 playoff apps

Westfield is an elite program no matter how you look at it. The notion that Westfield has underachieved is ridiculous. If they've underachieved, then only two or three teams in the state have met expectations.

Redhoss
04-07-2007, 11:47 AM
In the last 3 years, Westfield is behind only Southlake Carroll and Katy. An argument could be made for Trinity since they did win a state title, but Westfield has won 2 more games and lost 2 fewer games, despite playing 2 less games in '05 due to Rita...and they've appeared in two more playoff games than Trinity.

Westfield is an elite program no matter how you look at it. The notion that Westfield has underachieved is ridiculous. If they've underachieved, then only two or three teams in the state have met expectations.

Champ, that list might make a fairly good top ten list for '07 :D

caveman
04-07-2007, 11:50 AM
My Top Ten:

1. Westfield
2. SLC
3. Trinity
4. Allen
5. Longview
6. Plano East
7. Katy
8. Lufkin
9. Cedar Hill

Ouch, Drake is still mad at us;... @ #7.

Drake
04-07-2007, 01:52 PM

Westfield is an elite program no matter how you look at it. The notion that Westfield has underachieved is ridiculous. If they've underachieved, then only two or three teams in the state have met expectations.If you consider that 2 years ago Westfield lost their best player (and QB no less) at the beginning of the state semifinal and lost the game by 1 TD, and then was moved to a tougher Region last year and lost again in the semis by a TD, you have to conclude their recent teams compare favorably with just about anyone in the state.

Drake
04-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Ouch, Drake is still mad at us;... @ #7.Has nothing to do with that... If Katy were to swap places with Colleyville Heritage they wouldn't win district or have any hope of making it out of the Regional final in either division, so how high should an objective person really rank such a team?

WestlandTiger'95
04-07-2007, 04:18 PM
Has nothing to do with that... If Katy were to swap places with Colleyville Heritage they wouldn't win district or have any hope of making it out of the Regional final in either division, so how high should an objective person really rank such a team?

any hope? now your just being asinine. Last time I checked we've always had to face those regions in the state championship. And I think we can make a better argument than most about winning that district if we were in it.
I agree with about 90% of the things you throw out there but that 10% really goes off the deep end.

txhsfootballfan
04-07-2007, 05:34 PM
Has nothing to do with that... If Katy were to swap places with Colleyville Heritage they wouldn't win district or have any hope of making it out of the Regional final in either division, so how high should an objective person really rank such a team?

When you find an objective person, let me know, because your reasoning is garbage. You're like Bill O'Reilly. In the beginning, you sound reasonable and speak well. But, soon, you try and turn your opinion into a fact and you lose your audience. What did those folks in Katy do to you man because your hammering them pretty hard?

Drake
04-07-2007, 08:54 PM
When you find an objective person, let me know, because your reasoning is garbage. You're like Bill O'Reilly. In the beginning, you sound reasonable and speak well. But, soon, you try and turn your opinion into a fact and you lose your audience. What did those folks in Katy do to you man because your hammering them pretty hard?You figure the folks in Katy must have done something really awful to me huh? That only hate can explain someone throwing caution to the wind and offering such nonconforming opinions, right?

I mean if it's not hate, how else could I have the audacity to rank Katy only #7 in the state?? Or have the presumptuousness to claim they'd not win district 5-5A, not to mention the effrontery to deny they'd dominate any other division/region as they have Division II of Region 3? You're wondering how I could not have been awed by their utter dominance of the juggernaut district 18-5A and a playoff march that laid in its wake powerhouses like Jersey Village (5-6), Memorial (5-7), and Brazoswood (11-2) before bowing to 4-loss CyFalls in the regional final, aren’t you?

Well, the truth is, Katy, its team and fans, have done nothing to me. It is without malice that I have concluded that there are a handful of programs that are fielding better teams than them in 2007… I am being as objective as I can, so please don't take such offense to my heresy. :)

pack0808
04-07-2007, 09:26 PM
Tell me the end result of the last 3 years for each of those teams. I don't think any of those teams can claim BETTER RESULTS than a finals appearance, a semi-finals appearance and a quarterfinals appearance. I don't think Lufkin has been in a finals game since McNeal was there, so they are automatically disqualified. Katy made the finals two years ago, lost in the regional finals last year. I'm not sure what they did three years ago. If SV was ever eliminated before the quarterfinals, then they are gone too, because I know they haven't won state.

ummm Lufkin has definitely has SW (not even close) this decade going to 3 state semis and winning a championship. Not to mention Lufkin is 1-0 vs SW this decade. The only reason Lufkin has not been to several more finals is because they met SLC in the state semis. I promise you SW would not have made it to the finals in any of those years either if they were in div2 those years. They have lost to SLC in the state semis 3 times in the last 5 years. Meanwhile, SW made it to the finals in a much weaker div1 in 2004 and lost to Tyler Lee. A team both Lufkin and Longview beat that year. Lufkin beat Lee by 11 in 2004. So in the last 3 years Lufkin has went to the state semis twice and 2nd round last year. It is all how you want to look at it. If you go to 5 years then Lufkin tops SW once again.

panamamyers
04-07-2007, 10:06 PM
Well I sure the hell hope the original poster wasn't saying that Westfield under performed back in the day when they were going 0-10 lol

The poster got his hand caught in the ol cookie jar, trying to belittle Westfield. It's ok. It happens to the best of us.

Westfield, since becoming a power house, has had greater or equal success(regular and post season) than every team not named Southlake Caroll. Go look at KT's numbers in his post. Westfield has out performed Lufkin as well. Getting that many playoff games played in Division 1 meant more than getting that many playoff games played in Division 2 up til last year.

pack0808
04-07-2007, 11:08 PM
Well I sure the hell hope the original poster wasn't saying that Westfield under performed back in the day when they were going 0-10 lol

The poster got his hand caught in the ol cookie jar, trying to belittle Westfield. It's ok. It happens to the best of us.

Westfield, since becoming a power house, has had greater or equal success(regular and post season) than every team not named Southlake Caroll. Go look at KT's numbers in his post. Westfield has out performed Lufkin as well. Getting that many playoff games played in Division 1 meant more than getting that many playoff games played in Division 2 up til last year.

One would have to be a ****** not to think that div1 was tougher then div2 in 04 and 05. div2 was by far tougher in those years. Not to mention SLC has more then proven that theory. Lufkin destroys SW in this decade and in the last 5 years and that is a fact. Try to argue and compare records and playoff records I dare you. ;)

panamamyers
04-07-2007, 11:35 PM
You're arguing something that I'm not even talking about on both counts.

Westfield only got really great in the last 3 years. The original poster was obviously trying to take a shot at Westfield being ranked high the last 2 years and not fulfilling the hype. They weren't ranked that high 6 or 7 years ago when they were bottom feeders. I went on to say in my post "last 3 years," so it was rather obvious what my argument was. Don't go back 10 years or 5, because I'm not arguing those points. My post concerned the last 3 years.
Westfield has had as good a run as anyone not named SLC in the last 3 years, period.

Point two that flew over your head:
I neer made mention of which division was tougher. That's all up to opinion, so it's not my place to say which is tougher. What I said was...13 playoff games in Division 1 will get you farther than 13 playoff games played in Division 2, up until last year when there were equal number of teams in both divisions. In 2004 and 2005, 5 playoff apearances would get you a state championship appearance in D1, but not in D2. So my point was that Katy had one more "playoff appearance," but by virtue of being D1, Westfield was in fact closer to winning State Championships, with one less win, because D1 started out with less teams.

Playoff appearances are nice, and total playoff games played are nice, but to me, proximity to the State Finals is more important. I know it can't be helped that D2 started with 64 teams and D1 only 32 up til last year, but it is what it is.

toddg
04-07-2007, 11:38 PM
One would have to be a ****** not to think that div1 was tougher then div2 in 04 and 05. div2 was by far tougher in those years. Not to mention SLC has more then proven that theory. Lufkin destroys SW in this decade and in the last 5 years and that is a fact. Try to argue and compare records and playoff records I dare you. ;)

ill say this..and this is jmo, if lufkin had been in div 1 the last five years, its a safe bet that they would have atleast 2 more championships, possibly 3.

panamamyers
04-08-2007, 12:46 AM
ill say this..and this is jmo, if lufkin had been in div 1 the last five years, its a safe bet that they would have atleast 2 more championships, possibly 3.

Or they may have no championships at all. One will never know.

txhsfootballfan
04-08-2007, 08:36 AM
You figure the folks in Katy must have done something really awful to me huh? That only hate can explain someone throwing caution to the wind and offering such nonconforming opinions, right?

I mean if it's not hate, how else could I have the audacity to rank Katy only #7 in the state?? Or have the presumptuousness to claim they'd not win district 5-5A, not to mention the effrontery to deny they'd dominate any other division/region as they have Division II of Region 3? You're wondering how I could not have been awed by their utter dominance of the juggernaut district 18-5A and a playoff march that laid in its wake powerhouses like Jersey Village (5-6), Memorial (5-7), and Brazoswood (11-2) before bowing to 4-loss CyFalls in the regional final, arenít you?

Well, the truth is, Katy, its team and fans, have done nothing to me. It is without malice that I have concluded that there are a handful of programs that are fielding better teams than them in 2007Ö I am being as objective as I can, so please don't take such offense to my heresy. :)

No offense taken here. I just think it's obvious you got out of your way to downgrade the Katy program. You seem to know alot about Region 3 so maybe Katy has stomped your team a couple of times and you didn't like it.:D

Drake
04-08-2007, 08:44 AM
ill say this..and this is jmo, if lufkin had been in div 1 the last five years, its a safe bet that they would have atleast 2 more championships, possibly 3.Since they were DIV 1 last year, I guess that's one they wouldn't have gotten... So out of 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2005, which three of those years would they have been a safe bet to win it all?

Drake
04-08-2007, 08:53 AM
No offense taken here. I just think it's obvious you got out of your way to downgrade the Katy program. You seem to know alot about Region 3 so maybe Katy has stomped your team a couple of times and you didn't like it.:DWrong again. Westfield is the one that's stomped my team a couple times, and that is why I have them #1...

lonny23
04-08-2007, 10:42 AM

Yeah,

They took the teams that were playing in late December and threw them all in there!:D

lonny23
04-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Believe me I do. And one of the big reasons for 80-1 is no longer there. Still, putting them #2 had nothing to do with lack of respect, but more to do with my opinion of the team Westfield will be fielding...
They win enough. Quit giving them extra wins (79-1)!:p

lonny23
04-08-2007, 10:56 AM

1. Katy
2. Katy JV Red
3. Katy JV White
4. Katy Sub Varsity
5. Katy Freshman
6. Katy Band
7. Katy Booster club
8. SLC
9. Cedar Hill
10. Spring Westfield

To be honest, I think the Katy Booster Club could take the football team. They should be #1!:p

nsmustang
04-09-2007, 08:30 AM

So what happened in 06?

pack0808
04-09-2007, 09:48 AM
So what happened in 06?

Ironically they got beat by a team that had a smaller enrollment. ;) And another irony was both the div1 final teams in 06 had a smaller enrollment then both the div2 teams in the finals. I would have liked Lufkin's chances in 02, 04, and 05 in div1, but that is just would of could of should of stuff and you never really know? The fact is that LP was in div2 those years and could not get by SLC in the state semis.

toddg
04-09-2007, 10:31 AM
Since they were DIV 1 last year, I guess that's one they wouldn't have gotten... So out of 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2005, which three of those years would they have been a safe bet to win it all?

2002 and 2004 in my opinion would have been safe bets, 2005 would be my possibly..a trinity/lufkin semi that year would have been a classic..

HUM398
04-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Ironically they got beat by a team that had a smaller enrollment. ;) And another irony was both the div1 final teams in 06 had a smaller enrollment then both the div2 teams in the finals. I would have liked Lufkin's chances in 02, 04, and 05 in div1, but that is just would of could of should of stuff and you never really know? The fact is that LP was in div2 those years and could not get by SLC in the state semis.

That game was heart breaking for me... and im not even a Lufkin Fan. They really didn't know what hit them when they stepped out on that field.

toddg
04-09-2007, 10:36 AM
So what happened in 06?

well...they started smelling themselves and had their *** handed to them by a well prepared and focused RR dragon.

lonny23
04-09-2007, 10:48 AM
2002 and 2004 in my opinion would have been safe bets, 2005 would be my possibly..a trinity/lufkin semi that year would have been a classic..
I don't even think 2002 and 2004 were safe bets. They would've fought off Tyler Lee in Region 2 both years, and gone up against a cinderella Midland team in 02 and Trinity in 04. I'm not picking LP over Judson in 02 or Westfield in 04. I know how well LP has played in recent years but we really don't know how they compared to D1 since they were in D2. D1 can also play football.

pack0808
04-09-2007, 10:52 AM
I know one thing! It does not matter what division SLC plays!

LufkinPantherRules
04-09-2007, 01:39 PM
This is my top 10

1.SLC
2.Abliene
3.ET
4.Katy
5.South Garland
6.Lufkin
7.Spring Westfield
8.Tyler Lee
9.Smithison Valley
10.Austin Westlake

WestlandTiger'95
04-09-2007, 01:57 PM
just for the sake of conversation....what makes you put abilene at the #2 spot. Just interested in learning what they have going into the new year.
There must be something about them that impresses you to put them that high.

trainin' the game
04-09-2007, 02:14 PM
This is my top 10

1.SLC
2.Abliene
3.ET
4.Katy
5.South Garland
6.Lufkin
7.Spring Westfield
8.Tyler Lee
9.Smithison Valley
10.Austin Westlake

did s. garland even make the playoffs last year?

this poll has to be a joke. drake did a great job of explaining and you better do the same because it looks like you pulled names right out of a hat.

abliene is noway better than katy or et.

and you are missing one team from region 1 that has to be on there.

4th & short
04-09-2007, 03:35 PM
South Garland lost to Berkner in the 2nd round last year.

c-lisle
04-09-2007, 04:07 PM
just for the sake of conversation....what makes you put abilene at the #2 spot. .

the same thing that made him put SG and Lee int here. He got some bad info somewhere.

c-lisle
04-09-2007, 04:11 PM
South Garland lost to Berkner in the 2nd round last year.

SG had a horrible year and lost to Berkner 38-21 in the FIRST round. SG went 4-7 on the season

nsmustang
04-09-2007, 04:26 PM

So it sounds like the luck of the draw. In any given year one division will be tougher than the other. In 06, If SLC goes D2, Cedar Hill wins no title and Trinity would probably have taken D1.

trainin' the game
04-09-2007, 05:04 PM
So it sounds like the luck of the draw. In any given year one division will be tougher than the other. In 06, If SLC goes D2, Cedar Hill wins no title and Trinity would probably have taken D1.

txhsfootballfan
04-09-2007, 05:08 PM
My poll:

1. Southlake Carroll
2. Euless Trinity
3. Cedar Hill
4. Allen
5. Plano East
6. Smithson Valley
7. Lufkin
8. Austin Westlake
9. Westfield
10. Tyler Lee

Drake: You like?

Drake
04-09-2007, 06:43 PM
My poll:

1. Southlake Carroll
2. Euless Trinity
3. Cedar Hill
4. Allen
5. Plano East
6. Smithson Valley
7. Lufkin
8. Austin Westlake
9. Westfield
10. Tyler Lee

Drake: You like?First, it's not a "poll" unless at least 2 people participated in its creation... But anyway...

I think Cedar Hill is a little high for now. As good as they were, their team couldn't have achieved what it did without WCole. Let's see how they progress this season without him. I'd swap Westfield and Cedar Hill on your list.

While Smithson is certainly the Region 4 favorite, Region 4 is not a good barometer of a team's ability. I would replace them with Katy, another team that benefits from a weak region, but not as weak as region 4.

Westlake, like Cedar Hill, is another team that must replace its best player in a key position. The JV quarterback has a great arm and throws accurately but will he be anywhere near Nick Foles level? Probably not at first. But they'll need him to be to have any chance of repeating as R4 champ. Another team with potential but probably would have to work its way into my top ten as opposed to beginning the season there.

Lufkin is a safe bet to be at least 9-1 by season's end so they're also a safe pick in your top ten. I don't like them as a top ten pick for this season. They lost a lot from the past season, most devastating was their aura of invincibility...

But all-in-all, I like your list.

YuccaRoot
04-09-2007, 06:56 PM
1. Southlake Carroll
2. Euless Trinity
3. Austin Westlake
4. Katy
5. Lufkin
6. Allen
7. Tyler Lee
8. A&M Consolidated
9. Smithson Valley
10. The Woodlands

Fleeman93
04-09-2007, 07:01 PM
Hey Drake I guess the guys that coach this silly little sport got it all wrong by putting Katy at #2? You do realize this will be the most loaded offensive team Katy will return since the 16-0 2000 state team (time will tell if it is better or not). I have no doubt the defense will be very solid but there are a few step up questions, but above average for sure. In my opinion Katy will have one of the top 3 offenses in the state and with Coach J guiding the defensive side I see Katy going a long way in 2007.

HUM398
04-09-2007, 07:33 PM

homer

HUM398
04-09-2007, 07:34 PM
1. Southlake Carroll
2. Euless Trinity
3. Austin Westlake
4. Katy
5. Lufkin
6. Allen
7. Tyler Lee
8. A&M Consolidated
9. Smithson Valley
10. The Woodlands
THE WOODLANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

any list without WF is laughable.

The woodlands? that has to be some kind of joke for the Top 10. If they were to be ranked i would put them at #26... And thats being nice.

Warbird
04-09-2007, 08:04 PM
This is my top 10

1.SLC
2.Abilene
3.ET
4.Katy
5.South Garland
6.Lufkin
7.Spring Westfield
8.Tyler Lee
9.Smithson Valley
10.Austin Westlake

He probably meant Allen, but I'm not going to argue with it!:D

drgnbkr
04-09-2007, 09:08 PM
He probably meant Allen, but I'm not going to argue with it!:D

Hey...it's a clean slate...everyone starts out unbeaten!

Drake
04-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Hey Drake I guess the guys that coach this silly little sport got it all wrong by putting Katy at #2? You do realize this will be the most loaded offensive team Katy will return since the 16-0 2000 state team (time will tell if it is better or not). I have no doubt the defense will be very solid but there are a few step up questions, but above average for sure. In my opinion Katy will have one of the top 3 offenses in the state and with Coach J guiding the defensive side I see Katy going a long way in 2007.It's pretty obvious Katy should be improved over last year. The silly coaches you mention ranked this team #14 in their final poll last season. I think moving them to #7 pre-season is more in line with their final ranking from last season than moving them all the way to #2. But I certainly can't claim to know near as much as they do, so they're probably right. Of course, with the two divisions and unbalanced regions, we'll never know for sure.

AE 8008
04-09-2007, 10:30 PM
This is my top 10

1.SLC
2.Abliene
3.ET
4.Katy
5.South Garland
6.Lufkin
7.Spring Westfield
8.Tyler Lee
9.Smithison Valley
10.Austin Westlake

this is by far the most accurate list so far:p

txhsfootballfan
04-10-2007, 08:05 AM
It's pretty obvious Katy should be improved over last year. The silly coaches you mention ranked this team #14 in their final poll last season. I think moving them to #7 pre-season is more in line with their final ranking from last season than moving them all the way to #2. But I certainly can't claim to know near as much as they do, so they're probably right. Of course, with the two divisions and unbalanced regions, we'll never know for sure.

Surely no one knows as much as you Drake, silly coaches or otherwise.;)

HUM398
04-10-2007, 08:15 AM
My poll:

1. Southlake Carroll
2. Euless Trinity
3. Cedar Hill
4. Allen
5. Plano East
6. Smithson Valley
7. Lufkin
8. Austin Westlake
9. Westfield
10. Tyler Lee

Drake: You like?

I hate your poll... Westfield has to be in the top 3, They have way to much talent returning to not be ranked up their. Cedar hill is below WF. Katy needs to be included in the mix... and Westlake needs to drop about 4 spots.

CedarHillDad
04-10-2007, 08:27 AM
I hate your poll... Westfield has to be in the top 3, They have way to much talent returning to not be ranked up their. Cedar hill is below WF. Katy needs to be included in the mix... and Westlake needs to drop about 4 spots.

you are the greatest expert in all the world when it comes to Texas H.S. football. When you speak we should bow down and except your word as law.:rolleyes:

trainin' the game
04-10-2007, 08:53 AM
[QUOTE=HUM398;455036]:rolleyes:

homer[/QU

:confused: ; what cedar hill should not be in the top ten; but s.garland should?

homer? no; but you are a hater. i still got that CROW ready for ya.:D

say what you want; i know who will not be mentioned for the pre-season top ten. ;)

bleed purple; but live through katy?:confused: that's soooooooo sad.

Drake
04-10-2007, 09:18 AM
Surely no one knows as much as you Drake, silly coaches or otherwise.;)One thing I don't know is WHY you keep trying to pick a fight with me?

HUM398
04-10-2007, 10:57 AM
:confused: ; what cedar hill should not be in the top ten; but s.garland should?

homer? no; but you are a hater. i still got that CROW ready for ya.:D

say what you want; i know who will not be mentioned for the pre-season top ten. ;)

bleed purple; but live through katy?:confused: that's soooooooo sad.

Cedar hill should be in the Top ten, but not in the top 4. Look at the poll i posted Skippy. :rolleyes: . Westfield is a better team if you are talking about what they are returning and how consistent their program has been over the last 4 years.

Aren't you from Beaumont living through Cedar Hill?

As far as living through Katy...No, i have just seen enough of them to know alot about them. When you play them almost 9 years in a consecutive row you tend to get familiar. Same goes for The Woodlands, NS, and IKE(actually just a Carson fan..who now resides in College park). Im Huge fans of all those schools because we have played them in the past and i got real familiar with their schemes and how their coaches do things.

HUM398
04-10-2007, 10:59 AM
you are the greatest expert in all the world when it comes to Texas H.S. football. When you speak we should bow down and except your word as law.:rolleyes:

You haven't been on the board for long, but you are already getting the hang of things... Good for you. :p

CedarHillDad
04-10-2007, 11:00 AM
You haven't been on the board for long, but you are already getting the hang of things... Good for you. :p

HA HA HA!!! it does not take long to figure certain individuals out. :cool:

HUM398
04-10-2007, 11:06 AM
HA HA HA!!! it does not take long to figure certain individuals out. :cool:

What are you trying to say....:p

CedarHillDad
04-10-2007, 11:12 AM
What are you trying to say....:p

some people like to shall we say "debate" just to thump their chests and say look at me I am King(lmao). The minutia of the "debate" is irrelevant to these individuals. does that clear it up for you?:D

HUM398
04-10-2007, 11:18 AM
some people like to shall we say "debate" just to thump their chests and say look at me I am King(lmao). The minutia of the "debate" is irrelevant to these individuals. does that clear it up for you?:D

You do know what you just said is punishable by message board death?

:cool:

CedarHillDad
04-10-2007, 11:32 AM
You do know what you just said is punishable by message board death?

:cool:

literally or figuratively?

KLH75287
04-10-2007, 12:51 PM
My Top Ten:

1. Westfield
2. SLC
3. Trinity
4. Allen
5. Longview
6. Plano East
7. Katy
8. Lufkin
9. Cedar Hill

Plano East over Lufkin?

Allen over L'view and Lufkin with Mr. **** taking the snaps?

Westfield over Carrol and Trinity before six week grades come out?

I'm note sure I'm buying this lineup.

Interesting though.... Thanks for the insight.

trainin' the game
04-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Cedar hill should be in the Top ten, but not in the top 4. Look at the poll i posted Skippy. :rolleyes: . Westfield is a better team if you are talking about what they are returning and how consistent their program has been over the last 4 years.

Aren't you from Beaumont living through Cedar Hill?

As far as living through Katy...No, i have just seen enough of them to know alot about them. When you play them almost 9 years in a consecutive row you tend to get familiar. Same goes for The Woodlands, NS, and IKE(actually just a Carson fan..who now resides in College park). Im Huge fans of all those schools because we have played them in the past and i got real familiar with their schemes and how their coaches do things.

you are not a huge fans of all those schools you are a wanna be tiger trapped in humble.

i am from beaumont; however i do not have to live through anyone. i just like hs football. you on the other hand just like to find people to pick with; it's cool you are probably all of 17 anyway.

my ties to westbrook are deep jush like ch. you pull for katy because? oh! the scheme and displine that your school has not quite perfected yet; right?:o

either way it's still sad and even though you called me a morron earlier it's still cool; it will be so sweet later when you start to back track and eat the crow you so deserve.

I said top 10; i said nothing about anything more than that. by the time 07 is done you will no longer be the king just the court jester!!!!:p

HUM398
04-10-2007, 04:39 PM
you are not a huge fans of all those schools you are a wanna be tiger trapped in humble.

i am from beaumont; however i do not have to live through anyone. i just like hs football. you on the other hand just like to find people to pick with; it's cool you are probably all of 17 anyway.

my ties to westbrook are deep jush like ch. you pull for katy because? oh! the scheme and displine that your school has not quite perfected yet; right?:o

either way it's still sad and even though you called me a morron earlier it's still cool; it will be so sweet later when you start to back track and eat the crow you so deserve.

I said top 10; i said nothing about anything more than that. by the time 07 is done you will no longer be the king just the court jester!!!!:p

???

First off, learn to make some sense...Please.

1.How exactly do i live through Katy???? Because my team doesn't have a State Championship? No they don't, but they do have a History of being winners. 21 district Titles... 11 Bi-district Championships.. 9 Regional Finals..etc. etc. Not to mention top tier atheltes...What is it going to be after this years Draft...6 NFL Players. Thats better then both Cedar Hill and Westbrook. The Difference my Friend is that your Teams were able to get it done. We were not....Our Time for a State Championship hasnt come...and it very well may never come. Spare me the "Living through KATY" bit. I have alot of respect for a Program that has Knocked off a Talented Humble Squad year in and Year out.

2. Your ties for CH are deep? Perhaps. Or maybe your just a Bandwagon fan from Westbrook. Who really Knows?

Here are the Facts: Cedar Hill is not a Top 4 Team.. i myself put them at i believe number 5 on this very thread Skippy(your knew nickname). Westfield is a better team then Cedar Hill Simply because they have WAY more coming back...and im my opinion have some of the States Best Players (all Div 1 potential). Honestly, i have nothing against Cedar Hill besides the fact that Fans like yourself seem to think that after one year should be Respected as a State power...I laugh at the premise. no doubt they are a Good team, and perhaps an area power...Or maybe just a blimp on the rader that will fade as time goes on. to early to tell...:rolleyes:

And when did i call you a "morron"? ( i love the irony though)

And if i am wrong about Cedar Hill...Then so be it. I will eat Crow...Wont be the first time, and wont be the last.

This is for Sure, Im King....and your my little pawn.

HUM398
04-10-2007, 04:40 PM
literally or figuratively?

Maybe both...:D :eek: :cool:

txhsfootballfan
04-10-2007, 05:43 PM
One thing I don't know is WHY you keep trying to pick a fight with me?

One thing?

trainin' the game
04-11-2007, 08:43 AM
???

First off, learn to make some sense...Please.

1.How exactly do i live through Katy???? Because my team doesn't have a State Championship? No they don't, but they do have a History of being winners. 21 district Titles... 11 Bi-district Championships.. 9 Regional Finals..etc. etc. Not to mention top tier atheltes...What is it going to be after this years Draft...6 NFL Players. Thats better then both Cedar Hill and Westbrook. The Difference my Friend is that your Teams were able to get it done. We were not....Our Time for a State Championship hasnt come...and it very well may never come. Spare me the "Living through KATY" bit. I have alot of respect for a Program that has Knocked off a Talented Humble Squad year in and Year out.

2. Your ties for CH are deep? Perhaps. Or maybe your just a Bandwagon fan from Westbrook. Who really Knows?

Here are the Facts: Cedar Hill is not a Top 4 Team.. i myself put them at i believe number 5 on this very thread Skippy(your knew nickname). Westfield is a better team then Cedar Hill Simply because they have WAY more coming back...and im my opinion have some of the States Best Players (all Div 1 potential). Honestly, i have nothing against Cedar Hill besides the fact that Fans like yourself seem to think that after one year should be Respected as a State power...I laugh at the premise. no doubt they are a Good team, and perhaps an area power...Or maybe just a blimp on the rader that will fade as time goes on. to early to tell...:rolleyes:

And when did i call you a "morron"? ( i love the irony though)

And if i am wrong about Cedar Hill...Then so be it. I will eat Crow...Wont be the first time, and wont be the last.

This is for Sure, Im King....and your my little pawn.

never once did i say that cedar hill is a power-house. i said that this team will be looked at as one of the greatest in texas hs football. it will take awhile; because of haters like yourself. the numbers really do not lie and i think they put up enough to be called one of the best. not one of the best power-house programs; just this 2006 team.

we will have to wait to see if this program turns into hou. madison; or proves itself to be something great. either way the 2006 team will be one of the greatest.

i done with you until september; then it should be fun first with "tha brook" and then with "tha hill". ;)

oh yes; do you like that crow baked or fried?:p

HUM398
04-11-2007, 09:27 AM
never once did i say that cedar hill is a power-house. i said that this team will be looked at as one of the greatest in texas hs football. it will take awhile; because of haters like yourself. the numbers really do not lie and i think they put up enough to be called one of the best. not one of the best power-house programs; just this 2006 team.

we will have to wait to see if this program turns into hou. madison; or proves itself to be something great. either way the 2006 team will be one of the greatest.

i done with you until september; then it should be fun first with "tha brook" and then with "tha hill". ;)

oh yes; do you like that crow backed or fried?:p

I have shown you on more then one occasion that Cedar Hill doesn't have the Numbers as a team to be considered among the best. Dont get me wrong, i think they were far better then most teams that Year...But Historically Speaking we have seen this type of team before.

Whether they turn into a Westfield, or a Madison is really no concern of mine... its your rankings for a team that has lost so much.. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and said they would reload...I put them at 5. But any higher then that just isn't justified...in fact some would probably say 5 is much to high. Cedar Hill = SLC... You cant have what your returning and expect a Championship... I wont be eating crow my friend...The odds are against you.

Of course their are Exceptions.

Westbrook should field a good team...Maybe even beat Humble this year.:D Its been a while hasn't it....

And regards to me being a hater.. How so? Because i have a different opinion then yours? Because i refuse to recognize them as one of the greatest yet? Hardly hater, more like realistic.

Redhoss
04-11-2007, 12:43 PM
If I was a supporter of CH and was thinking of projecting them as a contender for State Champs in '07, I'd have to ask myself this question.

In the last 5-10 years, how many high schools have achieved back-to-back State Championships?

The chances are small, unless your school is SLC. :eek:

trainin' the game
04-11-2007, 02:17 PM
If I was a supporter of CH and was thinking of projecting them as a contender for State Champs in '07, I'd have to ask myself this question.

In the last 5-10 years, how many high schools have achieved back-to-back State Championships?

The chances are small, unless your school is SLC. :eek:

dude nobody is talking about back to back championships; but thanks for the thought i'll dream about that tonight.:D

katy2007dad
04-11-2007, 04:26 PM
My two cents on the upcoming season:

1. SLC
2. Trinity
3. Westfield
4. Katy
5. Cedar Hill
6. Lufkin
7. Allen
8. Smithson Valley
9. Plano East
10. Westlake

I see SLC beating Westfield in the Divison 1 final and Division 2 being a race between a handful of teams depending on who goes Div1 and who goes Div 2.

I see Region 3 stronger at the top this year than last and Region 4 weaker at the top this year than last. Reigon 2 remains strong and Region 1 is still the king of the hill until proven otherwise.

CedarHillDad
04-11-2007, 05:27 PM
1. SLC

2-10 is everyone else trying to accomplish what SLC has for the past 5 seasons

CedarHillDad
04-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Maybe both...:D :eek: :cool:

you wish.:cool:

CFlb38 08
04-11-2007, 05:38 PM
definitely trying to go 79-1

HUM398
04-11-2007, 06:34 PM
you wish.:cool:

I Dont Wish... I accomplish.

CedarHillDad
04-11-2007, 07:41 PM
I Dont Wish... I accomplish.

I have been waiting for 2 days.:confused:

My orders for "message board death" have not come in yet.:eek:

trainin' the game
04-12-2007, 07:19 AM

it's all talk ch dad; spoken like the hater he his.
:p

HUM398
04-12-2007, 12:46 PM

ok...

http://www.tgsrm.org/images/Gay%20Men.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen i would like to present to you a Photo of Tranin' da game and CH dad Capturing their Love in a single Kodak moment.

CedarHillDad
04-12-2007, 12:52 PM
ok...

Ladies and Gentlemen i would like to present to you a Photo of Tranin' da game and CH dad Capturing their Love in a single Kodak moment.

nice pic if you are into that type of thing, us common folk do not know how to access that type of thing.:rolleyes:

but I guess when persons such as yourself have an extensive library of those pics it comes easy.

HUM398
04-12-2007, 12:55 PM
nice pic if you are into that type of thing, us common folk do not know how to access that type of thing.:rolleyes:

but I guess when persons such as yourself have an extensive library of those pics it comes easy.

bwhahaha

Your a good sport CH dad.

CedarHillDad
04-12-2007, 12:56 PM
bwhahaha

Your a good sport CH dad.

I try to be, this is all for fun. do not get serious

HUM398
04-12-2007, 12:57 PM

So how high do you think your Beloved Cedar hill team should be?

Certainly not in the Top 4 or Top 3 Like some of the other "special" posters?

CedarHillDad
04-12-2007, 01:00 PM

I really do not know, me being a homer prevents me from properly realizing where we should be. My heart says #2 but realistically I do not think that is right so I have not commented on our position.

I actually hope a lot of publlications forget about C.H. so we can shock the world again:D

HUM398
04-12-2007, 01:10 PM
I really do not know, me being a homer prevents me from properly realizing where we should be. My heart says #2 but realistically I do not think that is right so I have not commented on our position.

I actually hope a lot of publlications forget about C.H. so we can shock the world again:D

The problem i see with ranking Cedar Hill that high is the William Cole factor. Alot of fans don't really understand the HUGE impact he had on the success he had for that offense. The Spread works exceptionally well when you have a Super Athlete...That combined to a pretty well coached team...Its obvious they deserved every little bit of what they attained in the playoffs and in the championship game. My Problem comes with the great deal that you lose, and that QB position... The opponent doesn't have to worry about Cole anymore. Unless you have a Line of Carbon Copies of Cole...I dont see you higher then 5. I gave yall 5 only because i like the type of talent you churn out, plus the coaches seem to be doing a good job.

We will see what happens.

right now i really Like SLC, Westfield and Katy... I think those three make it to their respective State title games

CedarHillDad
04-12-2007, 01:21 PM
The problem i see with ranking Cedar Hill that high is the William Cole factor. Alot of fans don't really understand the HUGE impact he had on the success he had for that offense. The Spread works exceptionally well when you have a Super Athlete...That combined to a pretty well coached team...Its obvious they deserved every little bit of what they attained in the playoffs and in the championship game. My Problem comes with the great deal that you lose, and that QB position... The opponent doesn't have to worry about Cole anymore. Unless you have a Line of Carbon Copies of Cole...I dont see you higher then 5. I gave yall 5 only because i like the type of talent you churn out, plus the coaches seem to be doing a good job.

We will see what happens.

right now i really Like SLC, Westfield and Katy... I think those three make it to their respective State title games

Even though we will never have a W.Cole again we have players wth just as much athleticism coming up. There is a general feeling that some of the younger classes have as much if not more talent than this class had. It was not known because of the Huge Senior pool of talent that is now graduating.

Repeating as champs is very difficult, I know that, the coaching realizes this as well. But believe me when I say that everyone involved with the program is ready for the challenge. They take this as serious business, hell my son was in his weightroom last night at 9:00 because he feels a need to improve. Trainin in a lot of ways is more involved with the program than I can ever be. I do not blame him for being vocal nor would I wish him to stop, we were involved in something very special.

trainin' the game
04-12-2007, 01:26 PM

i'll take the "special" comment as a compliment. :D

HUM398
04-12-2007, 01:46 PM
i'll take the "special" comment as a compliment. :D

take it however you see fit.

HUM398
04-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Even though we will never have a W.Cole again we have players wth just as much athleticism coming up. There is a general feeling that some of the younger classes have as much if not more talent than this class had. It was not known because of the Huge Senior pool of talent that is now graduating.

Repeating as champs is very difficult, I know that, the coaching realizes this as well. But believe me when I say that everyone involved with the program is ready for the challenge. They take this as serious business, hell my son was in his weightroom last night at 9:00 because he feels a need to improve. Trainin in a lot of ways is more involved with the program than I can ever be. I do not blame him for being vocal nor would I wish him to stop, we were involved in something very special.

Perhaps.

The Inexperience of the guys coming in is really the only reason why i dont think they are capable of a repeat. The Program really hasnt been established... I think they make a run, but i don't think the make it to the Semis.

Its a tough Region.

CedarHillDad
04-12-2007, 01:58 PM
Perhaps.

The Inexperience of the guys coming in is really the only reason why i dont think they are capable of a repeat. The Program really hasnt been established... I think they make a run, but i don't think the make it to the Semis.

Its a tough Region.

that is part of the reason I try to stay quiet on the subject. I know, they know, and the coaching staff knows what they can do. But as you said there is inexperience in almost all areas(except the O-line). They will just have to go out and prove themselves again. I am fine with that.

8-5A is good District to prepare for a run, if/when we come out of District on top we will be poised for another Championship.

stinger
04-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Just call me biased. But I see Trinity making it all the way. You would not believe all that they have coming up to add to an already potent force. First time I can remember having the passing game along with the running game of the same quality as years past.

toddg
04-12-2007, 03:26 PM
Just call me biased. But I see Trinity making it all the way. You would not believe all that they have coming up to add to an already potent force. First time I can remember having the passing game along with the running game of the same quality as years past.

who's going to play QB? iv heard some names mentioned, looks like 2-3 guys competing for, this, very important position this year.

Redhoss
04-12-2007, 05:40 PM
My two cents on the upcoming season:

1. SLC
2. Trinity
3. Westfield
4. Katy
5. Cedar Hill
6. Lufkin
7. Allen
8. Smithson Valley
9. Plano East
10. Westlake

I see SLC beating Westfield in the Divison 1 final and Division 2 being a race between a handful of teams depending on who goes Div1 and who goes Div 2.

I see Region 3 stronger at the top this year than last and Region 4 weaker at the top this year than last. Reigon 2 remains strong and Region 1 is still the king of the hill until proven otherwise.

KTDad, if I had a list, I think it would have most of those same teams in a little different order.
As for SLC and Westfield playing, I don't remember for sure but is SLC that likely to go Div. 1 again?

TrinityTrojan80
04-12-2007, 07:33 PM
who's going to play QB? iv heard some names mentioned, looks like 2-3 guys competing for, this, very important position this year.

We do have 3-4 guys that are looking pretty good in the 7 on 7 scrimmages! I'm not sure who will get the nod and I believe any of them could lead the team. I would be courious to hear an opponets point of view regarding the scrimmages. I only made one of the Heritage v Trinity. We played SLC, Colleyville Heritage, and Arlington Bowie, did anyone get to see any of these that could offer a review?

Oiler99
04-12-2007, 08:45 PM
i know pearland isnt a top 10 team but where wouldyall guys put them. they return the defense but have to replace the fozz and proc show.

Redhoss
04-12-2007, 08:55 PM
i know pearland isnt a top 10 team but where wouldyall guys put them. they return the defense but have to replace the fozz and proc show.

If I recall, Pearland has been a fairly consistent playoff team over the past 5 years or so ?

I guess losing that special backfield could keep them out of the top 10 but I'd expect them to be competitive in the area again.

LufkinPantherRules
04-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Top 10

1.Southlake
2.ET
3.Katy
4.Abliene High (they bring a lot of talent back from last years playoff team)
5.Spring Westfield
6.Lufkin
7.South Garland (have a GREAT qb and bring back talent)
8.Tyler Lee
9.Smithison Valley
T10.Austin Westlake/North Shore/Allen

trainin' the game
04-13-2007, 10:00 AM
Top 10

1.Southlake
2.ET
3.Katy
4.Abliene High (they bring a lot of talent back from last years playoff team)
5.Spring Westfield
6.Lufkin
7.South Garland (have a GREAT qb and bring back talent)
8.Tyler Lee
9.Smithison Valley
T10.Austin Westlake/North Shore/Allen

where do people keep finding stuff on this s.garland team. i thought they had a losing season last year? any article that could be put up would be great.

HUM398
04-13-2007, 10:46 AM
where do people keep finding stuff on this s.garland team. i thought they had a losing season last year? any article that could be put up would be great.

They went 10-2.... Losing season? What are you talking about?

pack0808
04-13-2007, 10:51 AM

SG went 4-7 last year bro. Your thinking of Garland.

HUM398
04-13-2007, 11:11 AM

Well i stand corrected.

HUM398
04-13-2007, 11:13 AM

Actually come to think of it... Im thinking of South Grand Prairie.

grayowl60
04-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Garland was 12-3 in 06

pack0808
04-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Garland was 12-3 in 06

I was just assuming he was thinking of Garland. It all makes sense now that he said he meant sgp

HUM398
04-13-2007, 11:32 AM
I was just assuming he was thinking of Garland. It all makes sense now that he said he meant sgp

I saw south and i guess my mind failed to connect ALL the dots....

It happens.

Hey is it raining up there?

twcpfan1
04-13-2007, 11:35 AM
I must be missing something.

Why does a lot of people have Spring Westfield ranked so high?

HUM398
04-13-2007, 11:39 AM
I must be missing something.

Why does a lot of people have Spring Westfield ranked so high?

Why Wouldn't you have them Ranked high, They are returning loads of talent. They should have one of the states best Rushing attacks...Bo Walker is a beast.

They have a couple of Key spots to fill, but nothing that will really hinder them a top spot in the state.

trainin' the game
04-13-2007, 12:33 PM

:eek: :confused: :rolleyes:
you are such a court jester.:p

better get used to that i stand corrected statement because that's all you will be saying when the season starts. hater!!!! you are already starting to eat crow in the off-season; that's good get a taste of it now; that way it will not be so hard to swallow later.

nsmustang
04-13-2007, 12:49 PM
What'll really be interesting to see is how the divisions pan out when the playoffs start this year. Who knows, there could be a repeat of last year with SLC and Lufkin going D1 again.

Redhoss
04-13-2007, 03:07 PM
Why Wouldn't you have them Ranked high, They are returning loads of talent. They should have one of the states best Rushing attacks...Bo Walker is a beast.

They have a couple of Key spots to fill, but nothing that will really hinder them a top spot in the state.

I thought Westfield signed something like 14-16 players?

That wouldn't leave too many returning?

HUM398
04-13-2007, 03:55 PM
:eek: :confused: :rolleyes:
you are such a court jester.:p

better get used to that i stand corrected statement because that's all you will be saying when the season starts. hater!!!! you are already starting to eat crow in the off-season; that's good get a taste of it now; that way it will not be so hard to swallow later.

Court Jester? I didn't know admitting i was wrong qualified for such a title. I guess sitting here and trying to convince myself that South Garland went 10-2 would of made more sense opposed to me correcting myself....:rolleyes:

And who the hell types " your such a court Jester"...Whats wrong with you dude.. "Your Such a Joke" flows better and doesn't make you look like your trying to pull words out of your [censored].

By the way, I thought you said you were done with me????? make up your mind Skippy.

And to Comment on this "Crow" you speak of. Ask anyone on this board who has been here for awhile...I eat my crow, son...

You know what... Lets put a Wager on CH? What do you say?

If Cedar Hill makes it to State Title game for 07-08 ...I will wont post for a 6 month period.

If Cedar Hill Fails to make the Playoffs, or Loses in rounds 2 or Above (Before State Game) You take your rear and park it elsewhere for 6 months...

What do you say?

HUM398
04-13-2007, 04:00 PM
Court Jester? I didn't know admitting i was wrong qualified for such a title. I guess sitting here and trying to convince myself that South Garland went 10-2 would of made more sense opposed to me correcting myself....:rolleyes:

And who the hell types " your such a court Jester"...Whats wrong with you dude.. "Your Such a Joke" flows better and doesn't make you look like your trying to pull words out of your [censored].

By the way, I thought you said you were done with me????? make up your mind Skippy.

And to Comment on this "Crow" you speak of. Ask anyone on this board who has been here for awhile...I eat my crow, son...

If Cedar Hill makes it to State Title game for 07-08 ...I will wont post for a 6 month period.

If Cedar Hill Fails to make the Playoffs, or Loses in rounds 2 or Above (Before State Game) You take your rear and park it elsewhere for 6 months...

What do you say?

You shouldn't have a problem with this since you did Rank Cedar Hill No. 3... So making it to the State Title game is pretty much an expected achievement. By Week 15 That very young and inexperienced Team should gain enough experience to waltz right in and dominate.... Right?

trainin' the game
04-16-2007, 11:29 AM
You shouldn't have a problem with this since you did Rank Cedar Hill No. 3... So making it to the State Title game is pretty much an expected achievement. By Week 15 That very young and inexperienced Team should gain enough experience to waltz right in and dominate.... Right?

so ch has to just get to week 13?

i'll take that jester.

HUM398
04-16-2007, 11:37 AM
so ch has to just get to week 13?

i'll take that jester.

Week 14 and win.

Deal?

(with the exception if Cedar Hill were to get to state and play Katy...and they were to lose...its one years self banning... Same goes for me if Cedar Hill were to beat Katy.)

trainin' the game
04-16-2007, 11:49 AM

If Cedar Hill Fails to make the Playoffs, or Loses in rounds 2 or Above (Before State Game) You take your rear and park it elsewhere for 6 months...:eek: :eek: :eek:

What do you say?

no,no,no,no jester; look at what you said. i'll take that bet. you said it; now you need to stand by it!!!! :p

so week 13 deal??? if so you better pray grand prairie and haltom make the playoffs; so ch has to play trinity; and slc in the first and second rounds.
so what's up? you said it now your changing on me; your not being a funny court jester anymore.

if your scared get a dog!!!!

trainin' the game
04-16-2007, 12:00 PM
you can't be scared though, because your the king; right?!?:confused: :rolleyes:

HUM398
04-16-2007, 03:56 PM
[/B]

no,no,no,no jester; look at what you said. i'll take that bet. you said it; now you need to stand by it!!!! :p

so week 13 deal??? if so you better pray grand prairie and haltom make the playoffs; so ch has to play trinity; and slc in the first and second rounds.
so what's up? you said it now your changing on me; your not being a funny court jester anymore.

if your scared get a dog!!!!

Considering their are 16 weeks in a State champ team their skippy... When i said if they lose in rounds 2 or above (BEFORE THE STATE GAME which would actually make it week 15, but im only requiring that they get to the semi-finals) i meant rounds 2-5... But they only have to make it to week 5 of the po's. That is what i constitute as a DEEP RUN. Skippy.

Deal or No Deal?

take it or leave it.

AE 8008
04-16-2007, 10:54 PM
my friend adopted a homeless dog
he named it skippy

HUM398
04-17-2007, 08:12 AM
my friend adopted a homeless dog
he named it skippy

Maybe the Dog and 5atexas Skippy are the same.

trainin' the game
04-19-2007, 07:43 AM
Maybe the Dog and 5atexas Skippy are the same.

good one :rolleyes:.

i respect the playoff ride too much to just say it is going to happen. good luck to humble; and to everyone else.

HUM398
04-19-2007, 12:22 PM
good one :rolleyes:.

i respect the playoff ride too much to just say it is going to happen. good luck to humble; and to everyone else.

alright.

You may be kicking yourself later.

trainin' the game
04-19-2007, 12:31 PM
alright.

You may be kicking yourself later.

i cannot believe the other thread got locked! i feel bad; like i did something wrong.

HUM398
04-19-2007, 12:36 PM
i cannot believe the other thread got locked! i feel bad; like i did something wrong.

They tend to lock stuff when people start having fun.:D

toddg
04-20-2007, 01:41 AM
They tend to lock stuff when people start having fun.:D

http://www.w3bdevil.com/forums/Emoticons/Lock.gif

HUM398
04-20-2007, 08:12 AM
http://www.w3bdevil.com/forums/Emoticons/Lock.gif

Bwhahahaha.

I like that one.

KT, lets work on the dancing lock.

2Rings
04-25-2007, 09:17 AM
I would also think Longview ahead of Allen.