PDA

View Full Version : J. Charles or A. Peterson?

TheDuke
09-16-2005, 10:37 AM
Who do you think will be better?

Who do you think means more to the team?

Who is gonna be a better roll model?

Who will win the Heisman?

Who will gain more yards on College?

Which would you have on your team?

wide-e-wide
09-16-2005, 11:01 AM
That is a really hard one.
I think Peterson is an amazing running back.
And Jamaal has looked solid his first two games.
But it's way too early to tell with him.
I think Peterson will be awesome in the NFL.
But Jamaal being a year behind him...gives him
something to shoot for...and something to prove.

Jamaal's statement was "By the time I leave UT ...all of 'yall will
forget all about Adrian Peterson."
It's turning into a healthy rivalry that will be good for both teams.

Heisman?...who knows?
I would give the edge to Peterson because he has been there before.
Let's see how the Soph. jinx plays out...
And ou is a weaker team this year. Peterson will have a good year,
but nothing like his freshman year. IMO

dragonfootballfan
09-16-2005, 11:07 AM
Adrian Peterson

Mr. Buddy Garrity
09-16-2005, 11:10 AM
That is a really hard one.
I think Peterson is an amazing running back.
And Jamaal has looked solid his first two games.
But it's way too early to tell with him.
I think Peterson will be awesome in the NFL.
But Jamaal being a year behind him...gives him
something to shoot for...and something to prove.

Jamaal's statement was "By the time I leave UT ...all of 'yall will
forget all about Adrian Peterson."
It's turning into a healthy rivalry that will be good for both teams.

Heisman?...who knows?
I would give the edge to Peterson because he has been there before.
Let's see how the Soph. jinx plays out...
And ou is a weaker team this year. Peterson will have a good year,
but nothing like his freshman year. IMOLike I said b4, i've already forgotten about AD. I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of Jamaal's Junior year if he has broken all of Benson's records.

dada
09-16-2005, 11:33 AM
Who do you think will be better?

Who do you think means more to the team?

Who is gonna be a better roll model?

Who will win the Heisman?

Who will gain more yards on College?

Which would you have on your team?
I Like both players....Peterson WAS Heisman runner up last year...in his 2nd season...Charles just played his 2nd game...so we have a long way to go.

Mad Hatter
09-16-2005, 11:49 AM
this was dumb Charles will be a great texas running back, but he in no where near AD's level at the moment and neiter have put up numbers to match benson. So saying that charles will beat all of besons numbers by his junior year is crazy. Lets just see how game 3 goes b4 u go and make charles the next archie griffin.

jtk1519
09-16-2005, 12:44 PM
It's WAY too early to tell.

Let's see who Jamaal does in more than two games and let's see how AD continues to do behind a bad O-line and and even worse QB.

BTW, in the long run, Jamaal may have a slight adavatange because AD will more than likely go pro after his Jr. year. Given Mack's history of keeping kids on campus, I think it is safe to say that there is a very strong possibility that Jamaal stays through his senior year.

dada
09-16-2005, 12:47 PM
It's WAY too early to tell.

Let's see who Jamaal does in more than two games and let's see how AD continues to do behind a bad O-line and and even worse QB.

BTW, in the long run, Jamaal may have a slight adavatange because AD will more than likely go pro after his Jr. year. Given Mack's history of keeping kids on campus, I think it is safe to say that there is a very strong possibility that Jamaal stays through his senior year.

If OU has a bad year this year...AD might head for the NFL....before his stock starts going down. He will be labeled as a GOOD player who played on a GREAT team his freshman year.

Mad Hatter
09-16-2005, 01:33 PM
well i bet Ad wishes he was at texas now :)

mtbray
09-16-2005, 09:50 PM
Just curious but why do you guys keep referring to him as "AD"??

dragons08
09-17-2005, 12:22 AM
i say wait till end of the season then come back and discuss, its way to early to tell

jtk1519
09-17-2005, 01:32 AM
Just curious but why do you guys keep referring to him as "AD"??

That is his nickname. It stands for "All Day."

mtbray
09-17-2005, 03:12 AM
And to think I might have thought you were all incompetent for putting a d instead of a p.......or just kidding

interesting anyhow

tailgater
09-17-2005, 10:22 AM
Adrein is "The Man" right now for OU. J. Charles is not - V. Young is "The Man" for Texas.

Don't get me wrong - I am a big J. Charles fan and hopes is scores on every touch. But I have to give it to Adrian right now

mtbray
09-18-2005, 12:41 AM
Adrein is "The Man" right now for OU. J. Charles is not - V. Young is "The Man" for Texas.

Don't get me wrong - I am a big J. Charles fan and hopes is scores on every touch. But I have to give it to Adrian right now

I don't think anyone is debating the fact that VY is UT's "man." But here's something to think about....who else does OU have? Who else does Texas have? Yes, yes, that is correct.

TheProphet
09-18-2005, 12:51 AM
man...peterson-esque is JC....remember another freshman who wasnt starting at the start of last year? yup. so far we have seen him against the extremes. 2 terrible defenses, and the 2nd best D in the country. the mizzou and OU games will tell a lot, because those are average - slighty above avg D's, see how he does say to day grindin you know

FootballJunkie
09-18-2005, 01:16 AM
I Like both players....Peterson WAS Heisman runner up last year...in his 2nd season...Charles just played his 2nd game...so we have a long way to go.
AD was Heisman runner-up in his first year not second. AD is carrying OU right now because they have no passing game. I don't think he will stay past junior year unless OU finds a passing game because as of right now 8 men in the box is all that is needed to beat OU and AD will still get his but won't be enough as was demonstrated today but the guy is a STUD!!!! Charles will be good but we will see at end of season how he compares to AD first year to first year.

jtk1519
09-18-2005, 01:51 AM
Charles will be good but we will see at end of season how he compares to AD first year to first year.

That wont be a fair comparison. AD wasnt having to split carries with Selvin Young, Henry Melton, Ramonce Taylor and Vince Young. Jamaal may be the #1 RB at Texas and he may see a vast majority of the carries, but Melton, Young, Young and Taylor are all still going to get some carries. That is not a lack of confidence in JC's ability, but rather a commentary on how loaded Texas is at that position. AD was all Mobilhoma had and so he saw almost all of the carries.

I think AD and JC are two different styles of RBs. They both are great at what they do. AD has more experience, but I think JC might actually have more potential (let that soak in for a minute). Only time will tell how they compare, but I dont see any way to make a fair and accurate comparison of the two, even after their college careers are over.

businesstron
09-18-2005, 11:02 AM
The question should be who would you take if your line was crap.

ThEgReAtOnE
09-18-2005, 11:54 AM
Who will gain more yards on College? This year?...Adrian Peterson. Vince Young and Adrian Peterson will be looked upon to win games, J. Charles won't. (If Rhett Bomar continues to improve, look out.)

Which would you have on your team? Adrian Peterson. Proven.

Who do you think will be better? This year? AD. The NFL? AD.

Who do you think means more to the team? Adrian Peterson. Texas has 3 or 4 rotating running backs this year and they have probably 2 or 3 TOP RANKED TEXAS high school running backs coming next year. Doesn't exude confidence from Mack Brown, upon J. Charles, if you ask me.

Who is gonna be a better roll model? WE have no idea!

Who will win the Heisman? If any wins...it'll be Adrian Peterson. Vincet Young is a junior, and UT has several other young running backs!

Garland02
09-18-2005, 05:29 PM
Who do you think will be better? AD, similar speed and moves, more power.

Who do you think means more to the team? AD, OU has little else now.

Who is gonna be a better roll model? I doubt either, but give the nod to JC for now.

Who will win the Heisman? This year, neither, but between the 2, AD, Mack will make sure VY is the man at Texas.

Who will gain more yards on College? Great question, have to go with AD since Texas has so many weapons to use.

Which would you have on your team? Either, but if I had to choose 1, AD, more power.

I don't think many of us imagined that OU would fall so far, so fast. Big difference when the defense only keys on stopping AD. JC would have the same problems there.

dada
09-19-2005, 07:34 AM
AD was Heisman runner-up in his first year not second. AD is carrying OU right now because they have no passing game. I don't think he will stay past junior year unless OU finds a passing game because as of right now 8 men in the box is all that is needed to beat OU and AD will still get his but won't be enough as was demonstrated today but the guy is a STUD!!!! Charles will be good but we will see at end of season how he compares to AD first year to first year.
That's what I said...he was Heisman runner up in his first season...now he's in his second

dada
09-19-2005, 07:35 AM
Who will gain more yards on College? This year?...Adrian Peterson. Vince Young and Adrian Peterson will be looked upon to win games, J. Charles won't. (If Rhett Bomar continues to improve, look out.)

Which would you have on your team? Adrian Peterson. Proven.

Who do you think will be better? This year? AD. The NFL? AD.

Who do you think means more to the team? Adrian Peterson. Texas has 3 or 4 rotating running backs this year and they have probably 2 or 3 TOP RANKED TEXAS high school running backs coming next year. Doesn't exude confidence from Mack Brown, upon J. Charles, if you ask me.

Who is gonna be a better roll model? WE have no idea!

Who will win the Heisman? If any wins...it'll be Adrian Peterson. Vincet Young is a junior, and UT has several other young running backs!
Unless they have Tulsa on the schedule a few more times...I dont see AD as a Heisman canidate.

FootballJunkie
09-19-2005, 07:45 AM
Unless they have Tulsa on the schedule a few more times...I dont see AD as a Heisman canidate.

They still have Kansas St, Kansas, Baylor, and Nebraska so plenty of opportunities for big games. Not like these are powerhouse teams. Wow!! imagine Nebraska in the category of NOT being a powerhouse team, how times have changed!!!

stevefoxsc
09-19-2005, 10:40 AM
well i bet Ad wishes he was at texas now :)
i said the same thing after the UCLA game,

but to me J.C is still young and in time like he said once hes done at UT AD will be known as A, who?

but J.C hands down for me

ThEgReAtOnE
09-19-2005, 12:51 PM

It's not about having Tulsa on the schedule, it's about OU's line forming.....plus how many run stopping defenses will OU face, this year?!

UT...they're solid!
K State...no!
A&M...nope...looks too slow! (Which is not like A&M.)
OSU...gimme a break!
Baylor....I'm laughing too hard to answer!
Tech...all they do is throw...they don't play D-fense, they don't run...just throw!
Nebraska....hasn't been Nebraska since Osbourne left!!

AD should get over 1500 yds, 16 tds, 250 yds receiving and 5 pass tds.

He won't win the Heisman this year, but he'll be a sure candidate next year!