PDA

View Full Version : The guy on your team that you hated...

wide-e-wide
03-19-2007, 12:23 AM
or still hate...
You know the one guy that for one reason or another always got on your nerves even though he was a member of your favorite team.

Here's my list:

Dallas Cowboys-
Isaac Holt...you have no idea how many times I threw things at the tv and cursed this guy out.
Troy Aikman...always hated Troy...of course I hate pretty boy QBs so that had a lot to do with it. I can't argue with his stats...especially his stats in the playoffs..but I was never a big fan of TroyBoy.

Texas Longhorns-
Hodges Mitchell...and I really don't know why...he just got on my damn nerves for some reason. Wait a minute...I do know why...but I don't have time to tell that story. Horns fans know why I hate him I'm sure.
Chris Simms...and it's not the whole "Major should have been starting" crap either. I just didn't like the guy. I absolutely can't stand his Dad so that plays a part in it. As a player I always thought he was solid...at times I questioned his heart. But as a person I never liked him.

Boston Celtics-
Bill Walton...nuff said

Houston Astros-
Bob Knepper- got on my damn nerves for years
Brad Lidge- I hate this guy from the very depths of my lower region
Bradley Ausmus- think Brad Lidge...only without the fastball and with approx. 10 more hits per season.
ex-Astro and now recycled Astro Richard Hidalgo. You wanna see a guy hit a ton of HRs and RBIs and then totally tank it the next season...well Doggie is your man.

stevefoxsc
03-19-2007, 12:34 AM
chris sims nails it...

toddg
03-19-2007, 12:57 AM
dallas cowboys:
jackie smith..probably unfair, but that play made me vomit.
danny white..met him, the dude was a peckerwood.
phil pozderek..disliked this guy so much, i forgot about him!

texas rangers:
bobby witt..cant put my finger on "it", but the guy got on my nerves something fierce.

texas tech:
billy joe tolliver..had a class with this knucklehead, was a complete goofball.

dallas mavs:
roy tarpley..what a nerve racking sob he was! biggest waste of talent and brain..

CCDawg
03-19-2007, 01:10 AM
Boston Celtics -
Brian Scalabrine - He's just awful. Last month in one game he played 37 minutes: 0 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 5 fouls.

That's the only guy I can think of right now that I cannot stand.

BoomerSooner
03-19-2007, 01:17 AM
Houston Rockets:
Rafer Alston: I have never seen a guy with so many turnovers and such an on and off game. 20 points 8 assists one night then 3 points and 1 assist the next.
Until...
Cavaliers:
Daniel Gibson: He is a joke of a point guard for the Cavaliers. In a game I was unfortunate enough to watch earlier this season, he started at point guard, playing 18 minutes. He had 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 blocks, 0 steals, 1 - 3 fg's for 2 points, and 2 fouls. He just walked around the court and did nothing the whole time he was in.

OU:
Rhett Bomar: Big Red Imports

Astros:
Richard Hidalgo
Brad Ausmus
Morgan Ensberg
Adam Everett
The Bullpen

BoomerSooner
03-19-2007, 01:18 AM
Boston Celtics -
Brian Scalabrine - He's just awful. Last month in one game he played 37 minutes: 0 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 5 fouls.

Daniel Gibson wins the absolutely awful award, at least your guy had rebounds and assists.

K-Rock
03-19-2007, 01:23 AM
Raiders Past - Anthony Dorsett. Always seemed to be out of position

Raiders today - Anyone on the o-line.

CCDawg
03-19-2007, 01:53 AM
Daniel Gibson wins the absolutely awful award, at least your guy had rebounds and assists.

My guy isn't a rookie.
My guy is getting paid $2,380,385 more than Gibson. Which means he's not only killing us on the court but off it as well.
My guy has a worse FG% and 3PT%.
My guy also averages more minutes and fewer points.

I would trade Scalabrine for Gibson in a heartbeat because Gibson is 21 and has time to grow and get better; Scalabrine is 28, the age most people are when they're at the peak of their game, which means he's not getting any better.

My guy is much, much worse.

BoomerSooner
03-19-2007, 01:57 AM
My guy isn't a rookie.
My guy is getting paid $2,380,385 more than Gibson. Which means he's not only killing us on the court but off it as well.
My guy has a worse FG% and 3PT%.
My guy also averages more minutes and fewer points.

I would trade Scalabrine for Gibson in a heartbeat because Gibson is 21 and has time to grow and get better; Scalabrine is 28, the age most people are when they're at the peak of their game, which means he's not getting any better.

My guy is much, much worse.

You may be right. I'll settle for Gibson being the 2nd worst player. Then again your guy does something when it comes to assists and rebounds, if it weren't for the salary issue I'd still maintain Gibson is the absolute worst.

slorch
03-19-2007, 05:12 AM
Cowboys-
Eric Williams- always had a knack for making mental mistakes at the most opportune times whether it was false starts, holding, or the dreaded hands-to-the-face.

Deion Sanders- Dallas mortgaged( whored out) 5-8 years of salary cap to get this guy and 1 more SB ring. Money could have been better spent on WRs.

TO- disruptive and selfish. Even though he has the jersey, he isn't a Cowboy in my heart, not even close. Should have never been brought to the team.

Jerry Jones- fired my 2 favorite Cowboys coaches, and maybe the best 2 they'll ever have because of personality conflicts.

Texas Tech
Graham Harrell- has not lived up to hype and cost the Raiders at least 2 wins last year with indecisive reads and abysmal throws. The A&M game should not have even been close as Tech had their way in the 1st half, only to disolve offensively in the 2nd, until the last drive. There were too many 1/2's of football where the Raiders did nothing. Texas, Mizzou, and Oklahoma are all 3 games Tech should have won-but the offense melted down.

Zebbie Lethridge- never could understand why Spike stayed with this guy. He had a throwing motion that scared the hell out of any blade of grass within shouting distance and could just drive you insane with his reads- or lack thereof.

Sakatha
03-19-2007, 07:32 AM
or still hate...
You know the one guy that for one reason or another always got on your nerves even though he was a member of your favorite team.

Here's my list:

Dallas Cowboys-
Isaac Holt...you have no idea how many times I threw things at the tv and cursed this guy out.
Troy Aikman...always hated Troy...of course I hate pretty boy QBs so that had a lot to do with it. I can't argue with his stats...especially his stats in the playoffs..but I was never a big fan of TroyBoy.

Texas Longhorns-
Hodges Mitchell...and I really don't know why...he just got on my damn nerves for some reason. Wait a minute...I do know why...but I don't have time to tell that story. Horns fans know why I hate him I'm sure.
Chris Simms...and it's not the whole "Major should have been starting" crap either. I just didn't like the guy. I absolutely can't stand his Dad so that plays a part in it. As a player I always thought he was solid...at times I questioned his heart. But as a person I never liked him.

Boston Celtics-
Bill Walton...nuff said

Houston Astros-
Bob Knepper- got on my damn nerves for years
Brad Lidge- I hate this guy from the very depths of my lower region
Bradley Ausmus- think Brad Lidge...only without the fastball and with approx. 10 more hits per season.
ex-Astro and now recycled Astro Richard Hidalgo. You wanna see a guy hit a ton of HRs and RBIs and then totally tank it the next season...well Doggie is your man.

Yeah. I remember watching him get caught TWICE laughing @ Major after a couple INT's... The whole family is just one giant classless asshat.

~DnM

Sakatha
03-19-2007, 07:33 AM
Cowboys-
Eric Williams- always had a knack for making mental mistakes at the most opportune times whether it was false starts, holding, or the dreaded hands-to-the-face.

Deion Sanders- Dallas mortgaged( whored out) 5-8 years of salary cap to get this guy and 1 more SB ring. Money could have been better spent on WRs.

TO- disruptive and selfish. Even though he has the jersey, he isn't a Cowboy in my heart, not even close. Should have never been brought to the team.

Jerry Jones- fired my 2 favorite Cowboys coaches, and maybe the best 2 they'll ever have because of personality conflicts.

Texas Tech
Graham Harrell- has not lived up to hype and cost the Raiders at least 2 wins last year with indecisive reads and abysmal throws. The A&M game should not have even been close as Tech had their way in the 1st half, only to disolve offensively in the 2nd, until the last drive. There were too many 1/2's of football where the Raiders did nothing. Texas, Mizzou, and Oklahoma are all 3 games Tech should have won-but the offense melted down.

Zebbie Lethridge- never could understand why Spike stayed with this guy. He had a throwing motion that scared the hell out of any blade of grass within shouting distance and could just drive you insane with his reads- or lack thereof.

I would argue that the Joey Galloway trade was worse...

~DnM

jrock210
03-19-2007, 07:42 AM
San Antonio Spurs- Finley (this yr)

Hosuton Astros- Bullpen

Miami Dolphins- QB for the season (unless Marino tries for a comeback)
Ricky Williams

Texas Longhorns- No one

wide-e-wide
03-19-2007, 07:48 AM
I would argue that the Joey Galloway trade was worse...

~DnM

The Galloway trade was terrible. What was your reaction when he was in the game on the opening weekend against Philly??...Dallas was down by like 50pts and HE'S STILL IN THE GAME!!! Has a leg injury and is out for the season...that pretty much set the tone for his career as a Cowboy.

Sakatha
03-19-2007, 08:22 AM
The Galloway trade was terrible. What was your reaction when he was in the game on the opening weekend against Philly??...Dallas was down by like 50pts and HE'S STILL IN THE GAME!!! Has a leg injury and is out for the season...that pretty much set the tone for his career as a Cowboy.

It was pretty damn defeating... But I knew that we were terrible anyway, so it wasn't the end of the world. I was never a big 'Joey' fan...

~DnM

pack0808
03-19-2007, 09:05 AM
Man I cannot stand Morgan Ensberg or Brad Lidge. They both get on my nerves like I cannot explain.

Bobcat81
03-19-2007, 09:05 AM
Houston Rockets;

Vernon Maxwell- Lock him in prison and throw away the key, I'd be a happy camper. Without a doubt, a 100% total & complete LOSER!

farmerfan
03-19-2007, 09:57 AM
Red Sox

Roger Clemens - gets himself thrown out of game 2 of the 90 ALCS against Okland because he knew he was going to choke anyways. After that he proceeds to become a fat *** and act like he cant pitch anymore only to go to Toronto and win 2 cy youngs. Go to Hell Roger

Kevin "i wish i was Tom Brady" Millar - I mean for the love of God just play baseball. Dont put on a freaking circus act everytime you take the field. Thats freaking bull crap. You sucked as a baseball player but yet you acted like you were a 1st ballot HoF'er. Grow up.

UNT
Johnny Quinn - seeing this guy walk around campus and the way he conducted himself on the football field would make you think he was a freaking all-american.
I would see the guy all over Wooten Hall and he would never have a backpack or any type of notebooks or folders. Would come to class and leave when he felt like it. The guy sucked.

farmerfan
03-19-2007, 10:00 AM
Cowboys-

Texas Tech

The King of TT football also struggled his 1st year as a starter in the Leach offense.
You are way too critical on a freaking sophmore, I cant wait for all you techies who are so hard on Graham right now to see what he does the next 2 years. The guy is going to rewrite the record books and make all of yall forget about Kingsbury and some of those who have been critical (not saying its you slorch) will sya that they knew it all along.

Favpack
03-19-2007, 10:22 AM
I'm not a huge Astros fan -but Roger Clemens. Retire already! I mean, c'mon Astro-fan - he might win you 7 games - whoopdeedoo!

Cowboys - Deion was mildly annoying.

Texas football - I never cared for Cedric Benson and still really don't. He didn't understand all the fuss about why it was more important to him to win the Heisman than beat OU - after all, the Heisman is for a life-time, but OU is just one game. Brilliant.

Dawg Fan
03-19-2007, 10:28 AM
T.O.
Brad Lidge
Bill Romanowski
Kurt Rambis
Barry Bonds
Chris Sims
Phil Sims
Joe Thiesman
Steve Young
Ralph Sampson
Barry Switzer
Jerry Jones.....

there are many more

Mhs06
03-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Cowboys-

Texas Tech

Now now now....Graham is a sophomore! Give him some time...he will be amazing for us soon enough.

Firebird
03-19-2007, 12:07 PM
The King of TT football also struggled his 1st year as a starter in the Leach offense.
You are way too critical on a freaking sophmore, I cant wait for all you techies who are so hard on Graham right now to see what he does the next 2 years. The guy is going to rewrite the record books and make all of yall forget about Kingsbury and some of those who have been critical (not saying its you slorch) will sya that they knew it all along.

THANK YOU Famah!!

I completely agree with you here. If he does the same stuff next year, it'll be time to bench him. But until then, I'm gonna trust Mike Leach's instincts....I think he had done enough to deserve that.

BTW, Slorch I agree about Zebbie Lethridge. They should have started Sone Cavasos and turned Zebbie into an RB/WR type player. He had the athleticism.

KT2000
03-19-2007, 12:18 PM
I was a big Bulls fan in the Jordan era, and I couldn't stand any of the centers (Cartwright, Wennington, Longley, etc.).

Jordan deserves his legendary reputation just based on the fact he had to rely on those guys.

For UNC, it definitely has to be Rasheed Wallace and Maktar Ndiaye. I never really liked either one, and they both started on a team that broke my heart (1996).

CedarHillDad
03-19-2007, 12:24 PM
T.O. he is the reason(after 38 years) I am not a Cowboy fan today. Jerry Jones is in that mix as well.

MidLineOption73
03-19-2007, 12:31 PM
DAVID CARR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Clemens - retire already!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

T.O. - The only 2 letters you need to say when asked "What do you think is wrong with professional sports today?" :p

AZTiger
03-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Rockets -
Ryan Bowen - why JVG found the need to play this tool night in and night out I have no clue. He might as well have headed to the bench on offensive possesions, and then came back on the floor when they went to the D end.
Steve Francis - Loved the dunks...hated the un-Mensa like basketball IQ

Oilers/Texans -
Steve Jackson - Oh Lord....worst nickel back of all time.
Matt Stevens - worst FS ever....couldn't tackle air, always went for the big hit, connected 1/200 times
Corey Bradford - singlehandedly cost the Texans a couple games with dropped passes

Astros
Jason Lane - Do I need to explain?
Chris Holt - I know since he's been outta baseball he's had some health issues, but he was the "stopper" in our rotation on some good teams, as in "he'd stop a win streak"

AZTiger
03-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Good topic, btw, wide

slorch
03-19-2007, 01:02 PM

Kingsbury didn't have near the line or WRs Harrell had last year, if that's who you're wanting to compare him too, plus Leach's system was brand new for the whole team. If there is one game that completely killed me on this guy it was the first half of the Mizzou game, but then he trumps it with the 2nd half against the whorns and OU. I understand he's a soph, but it's some of the reads and the way he handles himself with the ball that just drive me crazy. i guess I got spoiled witht he 5th year seniors, but it shouldn't be that big of a drop off. plus if he wasn't acting like he was the greatest, maybe I'd cut him a break.

I will never say, i told you so with Harrell, but it was pretty gutwrenching at times this year. BTW, If I'm wrong about the next 2 years, guess what, I'll still be happy for the Raiders. We can never get the momentum from 04 and 05 back, because 06 killed it. Now it's time to get it going again.

KT2000
03-19-2007, 01:05 PM
AZ, how about this Astro...Carl Everett. Or was he not around long enough to qualify?

And Morgan Ensberg...because he's Bob Stoops' twin.

CyFallsMom
03-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Not necessarily my teams but I never could stand these guys - funny thing is, they all seem sort of similar to me:

Lenny Dykstra
John Stockton
Danny Ainge

All terribly annoying people.

PaulinPlano
03-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Wide... Are you not a Texas Ranger fan? Can't believe you have not mentioned a former shortstop! :D I was not a fan when he was here.

I don't like T.O. on the team.

Jerry Jones has made some mistakes... a big one with Landry, but I know he wants to win. His first priority is the Dallas Cowboys. So he gets a pass with me.

Kevin Brown - Rangers

Ruben Sierra and Julio Franco. Back when they were in their prime and on the Rangers, they were both huge jerks. I think Ruben became more fan friendly after his career tanked. I know Julio turned it around and became a pretty nice guy.

Dallas Mavericks are not my team, but I am sure many fans did not care for Mark Aguirre. He was a huge jerk. He like many others, he has matured to be good guy.

Firebird
03-19-2007, 01:48 PM
Kingsbury didn't have near the line or WRs Harrell had last year, if that's who you're wanting to compare him too, plus Leach's system was brand new for the whole team. If there is one game that completely killed me on this guy it was the first half of the Mizzou game, but then he trumps it with the 2nd half against the whorns and OU. I understand he's a soph, but it's some of the reads and the way he handles himself with the ball that just drive me crazy. i guess I got spoiled witht he 5th year seniors, but it shouldn't be that big of a drop off. plus if he wasn't acting like he was the greatest, maybe I'd cut him a break.

I will never say, i told you so with Harrell, but it was pretty gutwrenching at times this year. BTW, If I'm wrong about the next 2 years, guess what, I'll still be happy for the Raiders. We can never get the momentum from 04 and 05 back, because 06 killed it. Now it's time to get it going again.

If KK didn't have the same WR's, then he also didn't have the same bunch of prima donna WRs who let the ball bounce off of their hands regularly. This season cannot be put soley on Harrell's shoulders....Leach recognized as much. The whole team acted like because they ran the "Air Raid", they were entitled to 50 points a game. The whole team disgusted me during the games you mention. Especially the defense. We should have seen some of these problems, because Tech's D was much younger and lost some crucial role players. Before, it did its job well enough to stop bleeding occasionally, especially after Tech got up big, this year no lead ever felt safe. And that can't be pinned on GH.

You keep complaining about Harrell's reads...that's your No.1 complaint. I ask you this, what other area would you expect a first year starter to have trouble with? IMO, making the correct reads with regularity in Tech's offense is the most difficult part of the job. Symons et. al only made it LOOK like it was a fool-proof system that anyone with a decent arm could run.

In fact, they made it look that way because they were doing the same thing on gameday that they had done for 4 years in practice and scrimmages. Leach has installed a great system, but the "intuition" it seemed like those guys had, where they just "knew" where to go with the ball, can only come from practice, practice, and more practice. It wasn't something "they" had and GH doesn't.

GH has shown (Minn. game esp.) that he can play under pressure, and that he can look like a mature, poised QB in the pocket. Tech fans owe him another year to show what he can do with some experience under his belt.

slorch
03-19-2007, 02:03 PM
I owe him nothing!!!:eek: :D

So you're telling me it takes 4 years to learn this offense? then leach needs to go to the Pros( no I don't really think so...)

GH was a 3rd year player, and supposedly very smart with a great arm, not to mention the pedigree to learn an offensive scheme.

maybe the expectations are too high. If the offense is so complicated, then why did Kingsbury and Symons get derided as "system guys"( I always thought they were great college QB's who never got their due) then you have Cumbie and Hodges run it, and probably would not have gotten noticed by any other D1 team because they were at Snyder and Hereford, but put up huge numbers and made plays when it counted.

Maybe i'm just out of my mind. I've watched a TON of football, played a TON of football and the guy looks lost at times.

AZTiger
03-19-2007, 02:42 PM
AZ, how about this Astro...Carl Everett. Or was he not around long enough to qualify?

And Morgan Ensberg...because he's Bob Stoops' twin.

I LOVED Dinosaurs Everett

SV61
03-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Spurs:
1) Dennis Freakin Rodman

Cowboys:
1) Jones. Even though I realize that Pro Football is business, he should have handled Laundry a little different. Not just from me, but he will never live that down. He alienated many folks, with that move.
2) Deion. Classless; Self promoter.

yallerjacket
03-19-2007, 03:40 PM
Spurs:
1) Dennis Freakin Rodman

Cowboys:
1) Jones. Even though I realize that Pro Football is business, he should have handled Laundry a little different. Not just from me, but he will never live that down. He alienated many folks, with that move.
2) Deion. Classless; Self promoter.

Come on. It's none of your business how Jerry handles his laundry.

yankee
03-19-2007, 03:49 PM
New York Yankees:
Gay-rod
Randy Johnson
Kyle Farnsworth
Gay-rod again

Giants:
Ron Dayne

As for the rest of the sporting world:
t.o.
barry bonds
manny ramirez
stephon marbury
kenyon martin
colin montgomerie
jason varitek
pedro martinez
allen iverson

RocklandDragon
03-19-2007, 04:02 PM
I owe him nothing!!!:eek: :D

So you're telling me it takes 4 years to learn this offense? then leach needs to go to the Pros( no I don't really think so...)

GH was a 3rd year player, and supposedly very smart with a great arm, not to mention the pedigree to learn an offensive scheme.

maybe the expectations are too high. If the offense is so complicated, then why did Kingsbury and Symons get derided as "system guys"( I always thought they were great college QB's who never got their due) then you have Cumbie and Hodges run it, and probably would not have gotten noticed by any other D1 team because they were at Snyder and Hereford, but put up huge numbers and made plays when it counted.

Maybe i'm just out of my mind. I've watched a TON of football, played a TON of football and the guy looks lost at times.

You got a good point there, Slorch. Cumbie came through in the Holiday Bowl. Hodges played good last year (sans Texas and Okie State--showed some grit in the Cotton Bowl). Kingsbury was one tough cookie. Before the line was as good as it has been these past couple of years, Kingsbury would take some solid licks but made good decisions.

Harrell does have some skill. Has to be better with his decision making and NOT TRIP over an imaginary string that STOPPED HIM FROM GAINING A FIRST DOWN (only needed a damn foot!!!--sorry...still bitter about that game).

:mad:

SV61
03-19-2007, 04:14 PM
Come on. It's none of your business how Jerry handles his laundry.

SON UF VA! :mad:

LANDRY LANDRY LANDRY LANDRY LANDRY LANDRY LANDRY LANDRY LANDRY LANDRY

:o

jakerz
03-19-2007, 05:06 PM
Texas Longhorns -
Chance Mock. For some reason I always though he would ruin VY's career...man was I wrong.

KT2000
03-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Rockets- Shane Battier. I know I don't have to elaborate on that.

slorch
03-19-2007, 06:00 PM
Rockets- Shane Battier. I know I don't have to elaborate on that.

I feel your pain, but he has been a nice addition for the rockets. I actually have liked his style of play since he was at Duke. doesn't say much, he just hustles and gets after it. Smart players that hustle do well, even if they are unappreciated...

MidLineOption73
03-19-2007, 07:12 PM
Jose "Stick Me In The a$$ With That Needle" Canseco :rolleyes:

Ralphie Palmero

Dystra, Ho Jo, Mookie Wilson, Kevin Mitchell, Doc Gooden, and the rest of the 86 Mets

Mitch "Wild Thing" Williams

Rob "worst damn pro on pros v. joes" Dibble :rolleyes:

big red & cujo
03-19-2007, 07:32 PM
san francisco 49ers steve mariucci. i know he is a head coach but, he blew my top the most. i was glad we got rid of him. he hurt us when we could have done some damage in 2001 and 2002.49ers were pretty good.

dragons08
03-19-2007, 07:37 PM
Chicago Cubs
- Sammy Sosa, always had that huge ego, me first mentality, could not stand it. either strike out or hit a home run

cyfallsgoalie31
03-20-2007, 05:01 AM
Red Wings - Sergei Federov
Dominik Hasek
Astros - "Lit Up" Lidge
Texans - Carr

KT2000
03-20-2007, 07:08 AM
I feel your pain, but he has been a nice addition for the rockets. I actually have liked his style of play since he was at Duke. doesn't say much, he just hustles and gets after it. Smart players that hustle do well, even if they are unappreciated...

I've never seen anyone flop more in my life. He is definitely the consummate Dook player in that regard. UNC fans simply know him as Floppier.

pack0808
03-20-2007, 09:57 AM
I was a big Bulls fan in the Jordan era, and I couldn't stand any of the centers (Cartwright, Wennington, Longley, etc.).

Jordan deserves his legendary reputation just based on the fact he had to rely on those guys.

For UNC, it definitely has to be Rasheed Wallace and Maktar Ndiaye. I never really liked either one, and they both started on a team that broke my heart (1996).

Kt I am shocked! I never figured you to be a bandwagon fan? ;)

pack0808
03-20-2007, 09:58 AM
I've never seen anyone flop more in my life. He is definitely the consummate Dook player in that regard. UNC fans simply know him as Floppier.

There is no way Battier flops more then Karl Malone and Dennis Rodman did. They were the ultimate floppers in their days!

yallerjacket
03-20-2007, 10:05 AM
There is no way Battier flops more then Karl Malone and Dennis Rodman did. They were the ultimate floppers in their days!

Vlade Divac was the king of all floppers.

Favpack
03-20-2007, 10:22 AM
Bill Laimbeer - a hated player and terrible flopper.

Bobcat81
03-20-2007, 11:12 AM
DAVID CARR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Clemens - retire already!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

T.O. - The only 2 letters you need to say when asked "What do you think is wrong with professional sports today?" :p

AHHMEN!!!!!!!!

pack0808
03-20-2007, 11:32 AM
Vlade Divac was the king of all floppers.

Oh yeah you are right he was a big time flopper. But I would still put Karl Malone as the king. He did it horribly on offense and defense.

dada
03-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Rockets----Skip to my Lou Rafer Alton
Texans----Charlie Casserly

yallerjacket
03-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Oh yeah you are right he was a big time flopper. But I would still put Karl Malone as the king. He did it horribly on offense and defense.

Yeah, I wasn't thinking about the offensive flop. Karl definitely had him beat there. I love Dirk, but man, he's almost at Malone level when it comes to offensive floppers.

slorch
03-20-2007, 05:47 PM

but as a rockets fan, would you say he is bad for the team?
(follow the thread title...)

lonny23
03-20-2007, 08:51 PM
Boston Celtics -

I remember when he was a rookie for the Nets and fouled out in the 4th quarter in about 8 minutes!:D

lonny23
03-20-2007, 08:56 PM
THANK YOU Famah!!

I completely agree with you here. If he does the same stuff next year, it'll be time to bench him. But until then, I'm gonna trust Mike Leach's instincts....I think he had done enough to deserve that.

BTW, Slorch I agree about Zebbie Lethridge. They should have started Sone Cavasos and turned Zebbie into an RB/WR type player. He had the athleticism.
As mad as Harrell made me last year, I have to say this about him. He didn't give up in the A&M game and drove down the field. He didn't give up in the Mizzou game even though his mistakes cost them the game. After blowing the next week in Boulder, he came back against the Cyclones. He brought 'em back in the OSU game and was at the helm in the Gopher comeback. He deserves a chance to see if he gets better next year.

lonny23
03-20-2007, 09:00 PM
If KK didn't have the same WR's, then he also didn't have the same bunch of prima donna WRs who let the ball bounce off of their hands regularly. This season cannot be put soley on Harrell's shoulders....Leach recognized as much. The whole team acted like because they ran the "Air Raid", they were entitled to 50 points a game. The whole team disgusted me during the games you mention. Especially the defense. We should have seen some of these problems, because Tech's D was much younger and lost some crucial role players. Before, it did its job well enough to stop bleeding occasionally, especially after Tech got up big, this year no lead ever felt safe. And that can't be pinned on GH.

You keep complaining about Harrell's reads...that's your No.1 complaint. I ask you this, what other area would you expect a first year starter to have trouble with? IMO, making the correct reads with regularity in Tech's offense is the most difficult part of the job. Symons et. al only made it LOOK like it was a fool-proof system that anyone with a decent arm could run.

In fact, they made it look that way because they were doing the same thing on gameday that they had done for 4 years in practice and scrimmages. Leach has installed a great system, but the "intuition" it seemed like those guys had, where they just "knew" where to go with the ball, can only come from practice, practice, and more practice. It wasn't something "they" had and GH doesn't.

GH has shown (Minn. game esp.) that he can play under pressure, and that he can look like a mature, poised QB in the pocket. Tech fans owe him another year to show what he can do with some experience under his belt.Harrell at his best can shred a team like Texas for a half. If he can do that more often for complete games, we might be cooking.

lonny23
03-20-2007, 09:19 PM
Cowboys- Gotta go with Pozderac. All I remember is "Holding Number 75". I don't hate Deion, Jerry, Aikman, or Jackie Smith even though there are aspects of each that I'm not enthused about.

Rangers- Chad Kreuter because he can't catch the ball. Juan and Ruben were knuckleheads, but I rooted for them. Julio gave me an autograph. Witt made me mad because of the gopherballs. Harold Baines was crap after the Rangers traded for him.

Astros- Lidge is the best example. I've generally liked the players. Randy Johnson for stiffing the Astros in 1999 after failing in 1998.

Stars- Pierre Turdgeon and Marty Turdco. One was too soft and the other chokes too much.

Mavericks- I was mad about what Tarpley did to the Mavs, but I don't hate him. I can't stand Aguirre's slacking play while he was in Dallas and I can't stand Adrian Dantley being crap in Dallas. I don't know if I even need to name these last 4 names. All I have to say is that they were all involved with the 2003-2004 Mavericks. That's right, I'm talking about the 4 horsemen of Steve Nash, Michael Finley, Don Nelson, and Antoine Walker!:D

Oilers (Not Titans)- Buddy Ryan and Bud Adams.

I can't say I've ever disliked any Houston Cougars or Air Force Falcons. The only Tech player ever to really get under my skin is that idiot Kevin Tillman who's a complete moron. After I thought Leach was tanking the year, he proved me wrong by encouraging them enough to make that comeback against Minnesota. I don't like everything Harrell does, but I can cut the kid some slack for being young like I generally do for high school and college kids.

I won't list any other teams since it has to be teams I like. I sure could come up with a good list if I moved on to other teams!:p