PDA

View Full Version : Saints at San Antonio

RedRage00
09-14-2005, 03:44 PM
Anyone going to the Saint's games in San Antonio?

There are 3 games being played in San Antonio.

RR

relraiderfan
09-14-2005, 10:56 PM
if they sell cheap tickets i would definatly consider it. Let me know when you hear the details about the tickets.

cougardude
09-15-2005, 05:17 AM
I think I saw an article in the paper that said tickets would range from $35 to $360.

RedRage00
09-15-2005, 01:59 PM
Tickets are on sale at ticketmaster.com

I got tickets to the first game vs Buffalo on October 2nd

So many people showed up to buy tickets online that ticketmaster had computer problems.

And they thought SA wouldn't support the Saints LOL

RR

zippy
09-15-2005, 02:03 PM
I think they support them because of the money they will bring to the Dome. Also the Saints owner lives in San Antonio I think.

So many people showed up to buy tickets online that ticketmaster had computer problems.

RR

RedRage00
09-15-2005, 02:43 PM
They have already sold most of the tickets for all 3 games.

The only ones left are the ones the season ticket holders have. Those will become available as season ticket holders turn them in. If those season ticket holders do not contact the organization they will put those up for sale 10 days before.

RR

dada
09-15-2005, 03:14 PM

RR
When Basketball season is over...what else is it to do?

Redneckn
09-15-2005, 09:53 PM
As a Louisianian, I hope more than most anything else that when the Saints come to SA, they will STAY for good. Aside from being a joke in general, Tom "greedster" Benson has got to be one of the larger a-holes in modern times.
I swear I think somehow he directed the hurricane to NO. Wait. He is the one that knocked out the levee. That way, he was almost certain to get the new stadium he has been whining about for so long.

Before all this hurricane/flooding mess, the SuperDome was nice. That punk wanted a new venue, and wanted Louisiana to foot the bill for it.

People of SanAntonio. You can have 'em. There ya go, an NFL team to call your very own. Merry Christmas.

jtk1519
09-15-2005, 09:58 PM
I want to watch the Falcons game. I might try and pick up a few tickets.

BTW, if you want to see the NFL in San Antonio, then get your butts to the Dome. I read recently that the NFL and Saints ownership are going to use the support in these games to determine whether or not San Antonio is deserving of a franchise. If the support is good, you can bet your bottom dollar that the Saints will be calling the Alamodome home next year (for good) and the suits will start battleing the city and county for public money for a new stadium (or a massively overhauled Alamodome).

Reaganrattler07
09-15-2005, 10:09 PM
If anything, i think the Saints will go to LA....

dragons08
09-15-2005, 10:26 PM
i think moving them would be bad, new orleans doesnt have much left, at least keep something that will keep those people happy for 3 hours, did you watch the game? how bad the fans wanted it and were happy for the time the game was on made them feel better, we CANT take the new orleans name from them

Reaganrattler07
09-15-2005, 10:30 PM
i think moving them would be bad, new orleans doesnt have much left, at least keep something that will keep those people happy for 3 hours, did you watch the game? how bad the fans wanted it and were happy for the time the game was on made them feel better, we CANT take the new orleans name from them

Yeah, but businessman don't really think about it.....money is the driving force. To be honest....now that the Saints took away my Skins game last week and even threatened it on MNF...i kinda don't want them anymore. Only upside would be seeing Atlanta and eventually the Skins.

dragons08
09-15-2005, 10:32 PM
Yeah, but businessman don't really think about it.....money is the driving force. To be honest....now that the Saints took away my Skins game last week and even threatened it on MNF...i kinda don't want them anymore. Only upside would be seeing Atlanta and eventually the Skins.
all wrapped up in your precious skins eh? :D , acuttaly i was pissed about the game 2, but i think the saints should stay, like what i said only thing these people have, im sure somebody will make the businessman realize they cant move them

Reaganrattler07
09-15-2005, 10:33 PM
all wrapped up in your precious skins eh? :D , acuttaly i was pissed about the game 2, but i think the saints should stay, like what i said only thing these people have, im sure somebody will make the businessman realize they cant move them

Kinda hard to contact an executive who's in a mansion....in other words, people have a hard time contactin' you, D08? :p

dragons08
09-15-2005, 10:38 PM
Kinda hard to contact an executive who's in a mansion....in other words, people have a hard time contactin' you, D08? :p
its easy to contact me, unless i dont like you, my cell will ring, if i dont liek that person...dont answer, easy as that, i usually dont answer the house phone, usually my mom claling to yell at me to do chores before she gets home from shopping or what ever..

CoppellCowboy57
09-15-2005, 11:43 PM
I say the Saints should just play in San Antonio for ever...i mean if Florida can have three teams, if Cali as three teams, and we are stuck with the ohioans with two, we should get a third.

jtk1519
09-16-2005, 12:24 AM

Not going to happen. The Saints need a new home by next season and there is no way LA could do it. That city has had well over a decade to find money for a stadium and drum up support, but they just cant do it. The Coliseum and Rose Bowl are great college venues, but they are dumps by NFL standards and the league will not allow an NFL team to play in those stadiums as they are. The Alamodome may be lacking some things, but it is more than up to NFL standards. The Home Depot Center is new and amazing and it would probably be cheaper to add 40,000 seats there than to build a new stadium (or renovate one of the two college stadiums), but that has it's own set of problems and will probably never happen.

Then you have to throw in the fact that the people in Southern California just dont want a team. The NFL wants a team there because of the money that could be made, but the residents just dont care.

Keeping the team in New Orleans just isnt fair to the people of New Orleans. I know we think it would be cool and all to give those people something to cheer for, but what would not be cool is to ask them to supply the millions of dollars needed to rebuild the Superdome or build a new stadium all together. Another thing that wouldnt be cool would be to ask those people to pay such an outrageous amount of money for tickets and parking given all that they have been through and the Saints cant just give away tickets or sell the all for $5 each because the Saints are a business and they have obligations they have to meet and they need to make money. In the end, it is just way to unfair to ask the city of New Orleans or the state of Louisiana to support an NFL franchise. They should, and probably will move to San Antonio and I think the organization should do as much as they can to recognize New Orleans and pay tribute to it's people.