PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Fox, check it out

zippy
09-14-2005, 01:40 PM
Anyone familiar with the Angelo State Rams know that the past few years have been a disaster. They have been lucky to win 3 games all season. This year they are 3-0 so far. One of the up and comming stars is Judson's Kyle Fox. He had 3 carries for 35 yards and a 100 yard kick return for a TD in week 2. In week 3 he had 9 carries for 70 yards and 1 TD, as well as 1 catch for 54 yards to help ASU come into this season as 3-0. This is big for this school, and I have a feeling we will see a lot more of Kyle Fox in the future. Great Job by this true freshman. Im just glad he isnt at Judson anymore!

mad_fan
09-14-2005, 03:46 PM
Anyone familiar with the Angelo State Rams know that the past few years have been a disaster. They have been lucky to win 3 games all season. This year they are 3-0 so far. One of the up and comming stars is Judson's Kyle Fox. He had 3 carries for 35 yards and a 100 yard kick return for a TD in week 2. In week 3 he had 9 carries for 70 yards and 1 TD, as well as 1 catch for 54 yards to help ASU come into this season as 3-0. This is big for this school, and I have a feeling we will see a lot more of Kyle Fox in the future. Great Job by this true freshman. Im just glad he isnt at Judson anymore!

thanks zippy, i really do live in san angelo but go to san antonio frequently to visit/care for parents. since ive been around most of the teams have been marginal. thanks for the heads up, i'll catch kyle and the rams.

zippy
09-14-2005, 05:18 PM
No problem. You should go watch a game, and then get back to me as to how he looks. All I have seen is stats on paper. That QB is suppose to be real good too.

thanks zippy, i really do live in san angelo but go to san antonio frequently to visit/care for parents. since ive been around most of the teams have been marginal. thanks for the heads up, i'll catch kyle and the rams.

Mad Hatter
09-14-2005, 07:42 PM
i knew he would do well hes a very exciting player :)

Bucky
09-14-2005, 09:00 PM

The kickoff return was 102 yards. He opened up the 2nd half of a 7-7 game after about a 45 min rain/lightening delay. The 3 caries for 30 yards was the 1st game also. He has like 145 yards on 10 carries and 3 TDs in the 2nd game and the 3rd game he had the 9 carries for like 74 yards and a TD. They have 3-4 good backs but Fox is pulling away..as usual. There are a lot of schools that screwed the Pooch when it came to recruiting Kyle Fox.

clemensbuff
09-14-2005, 09:41 PM
i knew he would do well hes a very exciting player :)

PURE AND SIMPLE, STUD! This kid is a great running back! I really thought that he would play at a major D-1 school. I think that the D-1 schools overlook a whole lot of kids that would and could do very well at the top level of college play. I also think that if he works hard and stays healthy we might be watching him on sunday afternoons in the future.

zippy
09-14-2005, 10:26 PM
Thanks, I missed the info on the 2nd game. It was two weeks ago when he returned the kickoff now that I think about it. Looks like I missed his best performance. A lot of people passed him up because of his size. At one of his games I was talking with a recruiter from Ok that was there watching him, and he said they were interested in him. The only drawback was his size.

The kickoff return was 102 yards. He opened up the 2nd half of a 7-7 game after about a 45 min rain/lightening delay. The 3 caries for 30 yards was the 1st game also. He has like 145 yards on 10 carries and 3 TDs in the 2nd game and the 3rd game he had the 9 carries for like 74 yards and a TD. They have 3-4 good backs but Fox is pulling away..as usual. There are a lot of schools that screwed the Pooch when it came to recruiting Kyle Fox.

Mad Hatter
09-14-2005, 10:57 PM
can he transfer to a D1 skool after his first season ?

bubbacoach
09-15-2005, 06:58 AM
No matter the talent you must take care of the classroom to go D1 and this is where Kyle fell short.

lonny23
09-15-2005, 09:24 AM
No matter the talent you must take care of the classroom to go D1 and this is where Kyle fell short.
One of the recruiters from Midwestern State told me he tried to get Kyle and Fox said Wichita Falls was too far away. The recruiter's brothers graduated from Judson and he said Kyle fell short in the classroom.

bullrock
09-15-2005, 10:32 AM
Glad Kyle is doing good as expected, but some things are better left unsaid.

clemensbuff
09-15-2005, 01:48 PM

I beg to differ! If your good enough on the field, they'll find a way to get him in!!!!

zippy
09-15-2005, 02:02 PM
I do know that if Kyle passes at ASU, he will be able to pass his classes at other schools. ASU is tough. They also dont give special privledge to athletes. They have access to nothing more than other students do. I think he will do fine in the classroom and I know he will do fine on the field. If it were his grades that kept him out of a D1 school, prove it. We dont know, and you cant go by. "well he said" stuff. There are several D1 schools that have lower/same requirments as ASU. I think his size played a role in this, and it was a mistake for these schools. Barry Sanders was the best ever, and they are about the same size.

mad_fan
09-15-2005, 04:43 PM
I would say ASU is very tough. Alot of guys can do better in the ASU environment than elsewhere (fewer distractions, lower student to professor ratio, etc). I hope he does well here.

zippy
09-15-2005, 06:45 PM
Your right on that part, but the work is just as hard. As for the masters program, it is a lot harder. They expect more from the students than some larger universities do. I had some classes that you would fail if you missed more than 3 classes in the entire semester. Oh yea, talk to someone that has taken A&P at ASU.

I would say ASU is very tough. Alot of guys can do better in the ASU environment than elsewhere (fewer distractions, lower student to professor ratio, etc). I hope he does well here.

Bucky
09-15-2005, 11:13 PM
If it were his grades that kept him out of a D1 school, prove it. We dont know, and you cant go by. "well he said" stuff.

I think BULLROCK said it best

"Glad Kyle is doing good as expected, but some things are better left unsaid."

Some things are better left unsaid. I dont think this is the place to be proving anything...other than Kyle is a ASU and he is a STUD runningback. Those of us that know Kyle know Kyle and we certainly dont need to prove why he ended up at ASU.

I'll say this about Kyle Fox...He was the BEST running back in the city last year and A LOT (Texas & A&M) screwed up not doing a better job of finding a way to get him on their campus.

lonny23
09-18-2005, 06:54 AM
I think BULLROCK said it best

"Glad Kyle is doing good as expected, but some things are better left unsaid."

Some things are better left unsaid. I dont think this is the place to be proving anything...other than Kyle is a ASU and he is a STUD runningback. Those of us that know Kyle know Kyle and we certainly dont need to prove why he ended up at ASU.

I'll say this about Kyle Fox...He was the BEST running back in the city last year and A LOT (Texas & A&M) screwed up not doing a better job of finding a way to get him on their campus.
I really think winning plays a huge part in who you pick at RB and it's like the Emmitt-Barry debates of the 90's. I always said Emmitt and I'd take Fox, too. He had more people around him, but he also got less touches.

I never put 2 and 2 together before, but I have to ask if you were on the 2002 team. If you're who I think you are, you got accepted to the Air Force Academy.

Bucky
09-19-2005, 10:31 AM
I really think winning plays a huge part in who you pick at RB and it's like the Emmitt-Barry debates of the 90's. I always said Emmitt and I'd take Fox, too. He had more people around him, but he also got less touches.

I never put 2 and 2 together before, but I have to ask if you were on the 2002 team. If you're who I think you are, you got accepted to the Air Force Academy.

Fox added another 140+ yards this weekend and scored the winning TD with about a 1:20 to go in the game. Im just saying that Fox was good enough to play D1..

lonny..I was on the 2002 team but Im not who you think I am. And who you think I am is now starting at Texas State. He left the Acadamy after his freshman year!

lonny23
09-19-2005, 10:54 AM
Fox added another 140+ yards this weekend and scored the winning TD with about a 1:20 to go in the game. Im just saying that Fox was good enough to play D1..

lonny..I was on the 2002 team but Im not who you think I am. And who you think I am is now starting at Texas State. He left the Acadamy after his freshman year!
I knew he transferred from the Academy and the name seemed too much like a coincidence.

mad_fan
09-19-2005, 11:06 PM
Amazing is what everybody at ASU is saying about him.

Couple of Madison guys up here also, fyi

#92 Daniel Smith LB 6-3 185 So. San Antonio-Madison
#93 Dustin Arthur DL 6-4 272 Fr. San Antonio-Madison

lonny23
09-20-2005, 04:45 AM

Couple of Madison guys up here also, fyi

#92 Daniel Smith LB 6-3 185 So. San Antonio-Madison
#93 Dustin Arthur DL 6-4 272 Fr. San Antonio-Madison
Speaking of Madison, I didn't know Amadeus Waters transferred to Hays Consolidated this year.

mad_fan
09-20-2005, 07:29 AM
Speaking of Madison, I didn't know Amadeus Waters transferred to Hays Consolidated this year.

Ya, transferred back to Hayes, he was a freshman there. He was a good all around player and pretty fast. Missed in both sides of the line.

mad_fan
09-20-2005, 10:19 AM
He's a full time RB there (i think). I dont know, but maybe he wasnt given that opportunity a Madison (running behind the Green boys).

Hey, is that our offensive line coach hanging out at Judson?

Bucky
09-20-2005, 11:18 AM

That is what we said about him while he was at Judson

Bucky
09-20-2005, 11:19 AM
Hey, is that our offensive line hanging out at Judson?

What does this mean?

mad_fan
09-20-2005, 11:26 AM
What does this mean?

ha ha, cant work and do this at the same time...will stop working...

it should have said "line COACH" as in offensive line coach.

lonny23
09-20-2005, 01:17 PM
ha ha, cant work and do this at the same time...will stop working...

it should have said "line COACH" as in offensive line coach.
Either way, they could both learn a thing or two! :p

I can't go very long without talking about Madison. Otherwise, I'd ruin my reputation!

Bucky
09-21-2005, 10:45 AM
I just noticed that this thread is getting hijacked!! Lets keep this one about Kyle and not about Madison. We can go to the HS part to do a little Madison bashing if we want..lol

adcwalker
09-21-2005, 11:11 AM
Glad to here Kyle Fox is doing well at ASU. I think that ASU will turn there program around with him there. It is great to see him get a shot.

mad_fan
09-21-2005, 11:19 AM
I just noticed that this thread is getting hijacked!! Lets keep this one about Kyle and not about Madison. We can go to the HS part to do a little Madison bashing if we want..lol

See Lonny, Bucky and I agree, even from Kyrgyzstan you should be bashing Madison...sorry that was off topic. Did Kyle run all over Madison last year?...on topic.

adcwalker
09-21-2005, 11:22 AM
He pretty much ran all over everyone last year.

bullrock
09-21-2005, 01:58 PM
Except Westfield.... :(

lonny23
09-21-2005, 05:22 PM
Except Westfield.... :(
Westfield tackled him on plays he ran for long TD's all year. Kyle did a number on a lot of teams. You don't get like 2600 yards in 14 games with plenty of time on the bench in blowouts without being awesome.

lonny23
09-21-2005, 05:23 PM
See Lonny, Bucky and I agree, even from Kyrgyzstan you should be bashing Madison...sorry that was off topic. Did Kyle run all over Madison last year?...on topic.
I may break out some of the old material if Streety makes me mad. It's not the same without MavsFan55, though! :D

mad_fan
09-22-2005, 06:04 PM
I may break out some of the old material if Streety makes me mad. It's not the same without MavsFan55, though! :D

Dont break out the old material...the kids around here wont get. Besides I said something nice about Judson somewhere here recently.

PS...1999, 2001, 2003...notice a sequence developing... :D :D :D...2005.

zippy
09-22-2005, 06:55 PM
They also have a new coaching staff there, this helps more than having Fox. However he will do nothing but good for them.

Glad to here Kyle Fox is doing well at ASU. I think that ASU will turn there program around with him there. It is great to see him get a shot.

Mad Hatter
09-23-2005, 01:37 PM
I think if kyle has a great year maybe he can tranfer to a bigger program that likes small backs like Tech or A&M.

lonny23
09-23-2005, 03:38 PM
I think if kyle has a great year maybe he can tranfer to a bigger program that likes small backs like Tech or A&M.
He'd fit good in Houston, too.

Mad Hatter
09-24-2005, 01:04 AM
houstons not on tv much i want to see him play :)

lonny23
09-24-2005, 01:14 PM
houstons not on tv much i want to see him play :)
They get on a couple times a year. The problem right now is they keep losing the TV games. I'd love for him to go to Texas Tech.

lonny23
09-24-2005, 01:15 PM
Dont break out the old material...the kids around here wont get. Besides I said something nice about Judson somewhere here recently.

PS...1999, 2001, 2003...notice a sequence developing... :D :D :D...2005.
I know about those 3 years, but it's not going to happen in 2005!

Mad Hatter
09-24-2005, 04:25 PM
i think gary green had somethign to do with that

J-ROCKSTUD79
09-24-2005, 04:54 PM
I know about those 3 years, but it's not going to happen in 2005!

Your right lonny.thats not gonna happen this year like it did in the past.

lonny23
09-24-2005, 07:44 PM
i think gary green had somethign to do with that
He had a LOT to do with 2003. Did he even play in 2001?

mad_fan
09-25-2005, 11:27 AM
He had a LOT to do with 2003. Did he even play in 2001?

Ya, he played 2001-03, dont have anything on Judson game that year.

Quarterfinals Laredo Nixon in a Region IV semifinal
53-19 Madison
Rush
Green 165 yards; four TDs
Jacob Gutierrez 155 yards

lonny23
09-25-2005, 01:39 PM
Ya, he played 2001-03, dont have anything on Judson game that year.

Quarterfinals Laredo Nixon in a Region IV semifinal
53-19 Madison
Rush
Green 165 yards; four TDs
Jacob Gutierrez 155 yards
When in doubt, use Laredo to make your point! There's always 2 feasts Thanksgiving week. One is the turkey on Thursday and the other is the games when Laredo/Corpus/Valley get eliminated.

Mad Hatter
09-25-2005, 01:43 PM
ha... i cant wait for the day they acctually beat us :)

ill cheer for them what the hell.

mad_fan
09-25-2005, 02:50 PM
When in doubt, use Laredo to make your point! There's always 2 feasts Thanksgiving week. One is the turkey on Thursday and the other is the games when Laredo/Corpus/Valley get eliminated.

What point? I thought the question was if he played for Madison in '01. If not, my error. No point being made. :confused:

lonny23
09-25-2005, 03:56 PM
What point? I thought the question was if he played for Madison in '01. If not, my error. No point being made. :confused:
The question was if he played for you guys and the answer was yes. You picked the Laredo game and I was just saying that a 4 TD game was probably his best game that year. Since SA pounds Laredo, I took it as your best evidence for answering the question and was commenting on the state of Laredo football.

mad_fan
09-25-2005, 07:41 PM
The question was if he played for you guys and the answer was yes. You picked the Laredo game and I was just saying that a 4 TD game was probably his best game that year. Since SA pounds Laredo, I took it as your best evidence for answering the question and was commenting on the state of Laredo football.

who doesnt pound laredo :D and yes I could have just answered the question.

mad_fan
09-25-2005, 08:14 PM
and leading the Rams to a 5-0 start on the season...

RUSHING .........No-Yds/TD.......WSC......SNU.........SOSU......UCO....... .MSU

Kyle Fox RB.......48-493/7.......3-35/0...10-145/3...9-70/1...14-141/2...12-102/1

lonny23
09-26-2005, 04:49 AM
and leading the Rams to a 5-0 start on the season...

RUSHING .........No-Yds/TD.......WSC......SNU.........SOSU......UCO....... .MSU

Kyle Fox RB.......48-493/7.......3-35/0...10-145/3...9-70/1...14-141/2...12-102/1
If he can get 10 yards a carry and a TD every 7 carries, why doesn't he get more carries? :confused:

mad_fan
09-26-2005, 07:47 AM
If he can get 10 yards a carry and a TD every 7 carries, why doesn't he get more carries? :confused:

Don't be disappointed in these numbers; 48 touches out of 159 rushing plays ain't to bad. Rams O has been about 50/50 rush/pass. Kyle is leading the Rams in rushing and kick return. His long KOR was 100yds against Western State. Toss in almost a field of receiving yards....

Other factors:
Rams are trailing opponents in TOP by an average of 5 minutes per game.
They've got a RS Freshmen, Daniel Thomas (from Taylor) they've been starting behind a Senior.
Kyle hasn't retired those Juniors and Seniors yet; but further into district play he will.

Mad Hatter
09-26-2005, 09:29 AM
i really want him to tranfer so i can watch him play on saturdays.

lonny23
09-26-2005, 01:50 PM
i really want him to tranfer so i can watch him play on saturdays.
So do I!

gibberish
10-24-2005, 03:32 PM
Wow Ö.did Kyle Fox ever fall through the D-1 cracks. ASU beat the number 7 team this past week end (West Texas A&M). He set two new school records with a 95-yard touchdown run and total yards of 281. They now only have one loss on the season.
Iím not saying Kyle fox is the only reason for their turn around. And I know they got new coaches but he has been a huge part of their offense.

I know J. lane and J. Charles are having pretty tremendous years as freshmen. I just hope Kyle gets to show what he has on a bigger stage.

zippy
10-24-2005, 07:41 PM
I think he would be just a little above average in D1. I dont think he would be the starter this year. However at ASU he is having a great year. I think he needs to stay one more year at least, then maybe transfer somewhere else. ASU has a very good team, and real good coaches this year, and this helps with a lot that he is doing. He would fit in real nice at TT! To replace Henderson...

Wow Ö.did Kyle Fox ever fall through the D-1 cracks. ASU beat the number 7 team this past week end (West Texas A&M). He set two new school records with a 95-yard touchdown run and total yards of 281. They now only have one loss on the season.
Iím not saying Kyle fox is the only reason for their turn around. And I know they got new coaches but he has been a huge part of their offense.

I know J. lane and J. Charles are having pretty tremendous years as freshmen. I just hope Kyle gets to show what he has on a bigger stage.

zippy
10-24-2005, 07:45 PM
Oh yea, he didnt fall through the D-1 cracks. They didnt want him, which was a big mistake. OU, Texas, and OSU I know had people at some of his games. One of the people from one of these schools said it was his size they were concerned about. They said he was a very good runner however, good feet. I was thinking, did you not ever see Barry Sanders play?? :confused: How can you pass him up? Oh well.

Evil47
10-24-2005, 08:27 PM
Kyle Fox is a really good player, I remember him playing La Joya last year in the playoffs and damn never seen a guy with awsome agility.

lonny23
10-26-2005, 01:48 PM
Oh yea, he didnt fall through the D-1 cracks. They didnt want him, which was a big mistake. OU, Texas, and OSU I know had people at some of his games. One of the people from one of these schools said it was his size they were concerned about. They said he was a very good runner however, good feet. I was thinking, did you not ever see Barry Sanders play?? :confused: How can you pass him up? Oh well.
I loved watching Kyle, but he needs to gain some weight to be a good to great college runner. Barry was 200 pounds and Kyle was about 160 last year.

lonny23
10-26-2005, 01:49 PM
I think he would be just a little above average in D1. I dont think he would be the starter this year. However at ASU he is having a great year. I think he needs to stay one more year at least, then maybe transfer somewhere else. ASU has a very good team, and real good coaches this year, and this helps with a lot that he is doing. He would fit in real nice at TT! To replace Henderson...
That would make me a happy man if he went to TT or UH.

Mad Hatter
11-08-2005, 01:16 AM
this is some new news on an old topic Kyle got over 1000 yards in his freshman season and something like 16 touchdowns i cant remember. One thing is for sure he could transfer away to a smaller D1 college like Utep or New Mexico something like that...who knows he could be a good back for Texas Tech i just would like to see him get to D! so i could watch him play again.

lonny23
11-08-2005, 12:35 PM
this is some new news on an old topic Kyle got over 1000 yards in his freshman season and something like 16 touchdowns i cant remember. One thing is for sure he could transfer away to a smaller D1 college like Utep or New Mexico something like that...who knows he could be a good back for Texas Tech i just would like to see him get to D! so i could watch him play again.
I'm almost tempted to say I'll root for whoever he plays for, but I might really have to eat my words if he went someplace I really hate.