PDA

View Full Version : what district will be the toughest.....

Mr. Buddy Garrity
04-27-2005, 12:35 PM
....this up-coming football season?

I'm bias so I gotta go with 22-5A. Westfield, Memorial, and Baytown Lee should make some big noise in the playoffs this season.

any thoughts?

RGVBadBoy
04-27-2005, 12:49 PM
i gotta go with 5 or 26, in 5 you got SLC, Denton Ryan and Keller Fossil Ridge and in 26 you got Smithson Valley, Converse Judson, SA Madison, SA Churchill and SA Reagan......both are very tough districts, i think 26 maybe tougher because at some point all of those 26 teams have been or are state ranked..

ktchamp97
04-27-2005, 12:49 PM
19-5A

Ok just kidding...

6-5A, 11-5A, 14-5A, and 15-5A are my top 4 districts, in no particular order.

dragonsdaddy
04-27-2005, 01:08 PM
5-5a is in flux. dr will be replacing a pretty salty qb with one who hasn't gotten any spring training due to baseball. lots of holes, but the coaching prowess continues, so they will be a contender. fridge has lost many if not all of their stars, and has little in the larder as they all chose to go to central. don't expect much out of them. keller also lost many of their skill people, so they are likely to decline. gvine won't have its cancer to contend with so they may be better as will c-h, who has some potential at qb. they will have some chips on their shoulders, but not much of a winning tradition to fall back on. birdville schools will be transitioning, hopefully less this year, and may make some noise with some fair talent and pretty good coaching. all in all, not as strong as last year throughout, though a potential to be really good at the top again. everyone will be playing for second, imo.

NewSherriffInTown
04-27-2005, 03:51 PM
15-5a really??!!! Nice!!!

pack0808
04-27-2005, 04:14 PM
19-5A

Ok just kidding...

6-5A, 11-5A, 14-5A, and 15-5A are my top 4 districts, in no particular order.

is 195a the one with laredo united south??

RGVBadBoy
04-27-2005, 06:03 PM
Laredo is 29-5A, Laredo is horrible as a whole, i wouldnt wanna live there, i wouldnt wanna visit, i wouldnt wanna even look at it......but i do respect Nixon, the laredo Nixon mustangs are like the little engine that could.....every season tehy play in SA and every season they get beat, but they keep comming and comming and give those big SA schools all they got......i got give it to em' for heart..

farmerfan
04-27-2005, 06:43 PM
I will go ahead and be a little bit biased, something i very rarely do, and probably should do more often, but Im going to go out on a limb and say 8-5A will suprise some people, it wont be the best in the state but it will be a tough district, from what I hear, Lewisville is going to be much improved along with Plano, the frontrunners still remain Plano East and Allen, but Marcus has some talent coming up in its system, i think it will be a dog fight till the finish and im going to get a little bit crazy and say Plano and Lewisville will duke it out for the final playoff spot.

dragonsdaddy
04-27-2005, 06:49 PM
you left off the fm jags who have a fair to middling qb and may also have a say. i agree about the overall district. there may be some old standbys standing down this year.

RedRage00
04-27-2005, 06:55 PM
I read on MSN yesterday that Laredo is the HAPPIEST city in America...who woulda thought? lol

RR

dragonsdaddy
04-27-2005, 07:14 PM
and el paso was up there too. go figure. maybe they are happy that none of us wants to move there.

farmerfan
04-27-2005, 07:15 PM
DD
Your right abou the Jags, I think this is the year they get into the post-season, the good thing about them is they have stability in their coaching staff, Cody Vanderford is still regarded as a genius around these parts, and given the right amount of time, will turn FM into the offenseive juggernaut that he had FM Marcus at. FM actually could contend for a district title this year, the athletes they draw from within the boundaries of the LISD, is better than that of LHS and MHS, they have the makeup of becoming a powerhouse in all three sports, FB,Basketeball and Baseball (which in baseball they already are), if this district stays alligned after this year then i think you will see some great batlles between Lewisville and FM, and will eventually become for a district title. I know that Lewisville has tons of talent in its freshman and soph classes and the two JH feeder school to LHS played for eh city championship last year, things are on the rise for the once proud LISD.

dragonsdaddy
04-27-2005, 07:31 PM
i for one am tired of plano and lville out of the po's. we need farmers and wildcats to make texas football whole, imo.

farmerfan
04-27-2005, 09:20 PM
DD
could not agree with you more, those two school out of the po's kind of make the po's mute in my mind, even though we still have great battles. Just think of the battles that should have been between Lville and SLC in district, I know that plenty of Carroll fans waited for the day they could get a shot at the Farmers, and all we could do for you was lay down weak. However I truly believe the Farmers and Wildcats will come back to respectiful form this year and soon back to dominant form in the not to soon future, i mean as Farmers, we do owe it to you Dragons to give you the game you all were looking forward to back in 02, and what better way than in the po's with a birth with Plano on the line. Maybe im dreaming, but one can only hope.

dragonsdaddy
04-27-2005, 09:37 PM
the day we found out we would be moving up and would be in lville's district my sons circled the calendar on the day we would face the farmer's in gsmith. aqll we heard from day 1 was how we would be put in our place come october. everyone in the metromess said same all thru aug and sept. it was exciting to beat them, but disappointing to have almost no resistance. we definitely came into 5a with a chip on our shoulder and made lots of teams pay for it. i'll welcome the farmers back and none too soon. having plano and lville in the same district should have brought back visions of the 70s and the epic games with 2 great teams, not a fight not to be last in district. ugh.

wide-e-wide
04-27-2005, 09:45 PM
I read on MSN yesterday that Laredo is the HAPPIEST city in America...who woulda thought? lol

RR

Well with all the news lately about Nueva Laredo's drug trafficking and
marijuana harvesting....I think I know why everybody is so happy...Ironically, they are also the hungriest city in America...j/k

farmerfan
04-27-2005, 10:10 PM
the day we found out we would be moving up and would be in lville's district my sons circled the calendar on the day we would face the farmer's in gsmith. aqll we heard from day 1 was how we would be put in our place come october. everyone in the metromess said same all thru aug and sept. it was exciting to beat them, but disappointing to have almost no resistance. we definitely came into 5a with a chip on our shoulder and made lots of teams pay for it.

DD
I will admit i was one who did not believe in the dragon hype until after that 1st 5A district game against Marcus. Like I said, it literally breaks my my heart that our first game was such a lop sideded affair, my best friend grew up in southlake, we met at Liberty Christian, we both became great friends the 1st day of school in 94 when we discovered our passion for HS football. We both agreed that a Lewisville-SLC matchup would be nice to see, I still think the 1992 16-0 3A champ Dragons would have beaten the 10-2-1 Farmers that year, I also believe that same Carroll team would have beaten the Temple Wildcats (im going to get flamed for that). However, we owe it to yoy guys to give you the games you expected back in 02, one day it will happen, I think those two schools more than any other in the metroplex have a destiny to become a rivalry, and soon will, I just apologize we could not have done it when you guys were ready, we dropped the ball on what could have become a classic Texas rivalry.

Xfballphenome05
04-27-2005, 11:51 PM
i would have to say 26-5a..you got 2 teams(S.V. and judson) who are state contenders year in and year out,plus madison churchill,and the underated roosevelt..it is an aesome district,altho it seems like Lee dosnt belong....

Jtate862003
04-27-2005, 11:55 PM
ahhhhhh can we say 125a has to be right in the mix of things...tyler lee longview mesquite...maybe john tyler!

TexasHSFootball
04-28-2005, 12:21 AM
I will give you eight top districts and no pun intended to the rest of the state.. these eight are the one that stick out the most IMHO.

The top four districts:
12-5A - Tyler Lee, Longview, Mesquite, John Tyler
26-5A - Judson, Smithson, Madison, Roosevelt
22-5A - PA Memorial, Baytown Lee, Spring, Westfield, Humble
5-5A - Southlake Carroll, Denton Ryan, Fossil Ridge, Haltom, Keller

next group of toughest list:
6-5A - Euless Trinity, So Grand Prairie, Irving, Irv MacArthur, Coppell
13-5A - Waco, Temple, A&M Consolidated, Bryan
3-5A - Abilene, Cooper, Midland Lee, Midland, Permian
7-5A - Lamar, Duncanville, De Soto

Thor
04-28-2005, 09:57 AM
I will give you eight top districts and no pun intended to the rest of the state.. these eight are the one that stick out the most IMHO.

The top four districts:

7-5A also has Arlington who will had a down year last season, Cedar Hill who has been very tough last two seasons. And this year Arlington Martin is suppose to have something. With Lamar , Duncanville and DeSoto who are always powerhouses that just reload instead of rebuild this district will have some great football every Friday night

CCDawgs05
04-28-2005, 10:10 AM

The top four districts:

Why isnt the best team in 13-5A not in that group....duh....

SummitGrad04
04-28-2005, 10:46 AM
7-5A also has Arlington who will had a down year last season, Cedar Hill who has been very tough last two seasons. And this year Arlington Martin is suppose to have something. With Lamar , Duncanville and DeSoto who are always powerhouses that just reload instead of rebuild this district will have some great football every Friday night
I've gotta agree. My vote's with 7-5A. They're one of the most competitive districts in all sports. Duncanville & DeSoto are always good football teams....Bowie won the girls 5A State Championship....DeSoto lost to Humble Kingwood in the state game.
It ought to be interesting to see how things play out during football season. I doubt Martin's going to be any good, but I am interested in Cedar Hill. They've been steadily improving every season.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
04-28-2005, 11:54 AM

The top four districts:

7-5A - Lamar, Duncanville, De Sotodang! thats perfect!!!!! :) :)

CoppellCowboy57
04-28-2005, 01:45 PM
6-5a is an old school running district, i enjoyed playing in 6-5a this year, it was fun!

NewSherriffInTown
04-28-2005, 02:47 PM
According to the freeman ratings...

Top 5 are

26-5A
3-5A
6-5A
12-5A
13-5A

The next group is tight and there is no order really...27-5A, 8-5A, 5-5A, 15-5A, and the top 4A district is 17-4A...They are mixed into that second tier or districts in terms of toughness.

Chief Wahoo
04-28-2005, 09:27 PM
According to the freeman ratings...

Top 5 are

26-5A
3-5A
6-5A
12-5A
13-5A

The next group is tight and there is no order really...27-5A, 8-5A, 5-5A, 15-5A, and the top 4A district is 17-4A...They are mixed into that second tier or districts in terms of toughness.

I would think 3-5A would have to be in any top 5 football districts. :cool:

LD Bell Blue Raiders
04-30-2005, 09:20 AM
Our coach constantly mentions how our district is the toughest in the state and I have to agree. 6-5a, top to bottom has good teams. Every team last year in our district defeated a playoff bound team and there is no dead weight in our district either. Undefeated MacArthur, State Semifinals Trinity, Jamaal Evans/Adron Tenell/Dante Pinchback Irving, Incredibily talented South Grand Prairie, who collapsed last year due to grades but were state ranked at a point in time, Coppell beat Duncanville, Nimitz took care of us pretty handily, we destroyed Irving, and Grand Prairie defeated playoff bound Dallas Skyline easily.

dragonsdaddy
04-30-2005, 09:43 AM
who did nimitz defeat that made the po's?

LeanderLions3033
05-01-2005, 11:44 AM
15-5a is getting a decent amount of respect, but come on. Look over the past few years, and tell me that 13-5a is a tougher district. 265a is always strong. 5-5a will continue to be strong. 14-5a should be strong. But Pflugerville, Leander, Round Rock Mcneil, Cedar Park, Georgetown (with their revamped coaching staff that they got from Abilene). I think we should be strong again.

lonny23
05-01-2005, 10:55 PM
26-5A was the best district last year and is never worse than 2nd. 3-5A is first some years, but always high. These districts have great depth and there are real good teams that miss the playoffs each year.

5, 12, and whoever else you want to throw in there have some good teams, but not as much depth.

The first team that misses the playoffs in 26-5A is always better than at least 30-40 teams that do make the playoffs.

The best district always comes down to great teams at the top, which means playoff wins and strength of competition.

CoppellCowboy57
05-02-2005, 01:49 PM
What I like about the district i played in (6-5A) two season ago 5 outta the 7 Coppell, Trinty, SGP, GP, Irving High. and over the past couple of years Irving Nimtz has been a force to recon with. The race this season came down to the last game where Irving High, Coppell, and SGP faught to the very very last game of the season, which ended up being Irving, and Irving got knocked out in the first round to SLC. Irving Mac, won our district and got knocked out in the first round by Denton Ryan, and Euless Trinty went to the DI state Semi Finals

dragonfootballfan
05-02-2005, 02:04 PM
The best district always comes down to great teams at the top, which means playoff wins and strength of competition.
the two D2 5-5A representatives ran the table and met each other in the Region I finals. If that is not playoff wins and strong competition I don't know what it is. There was only one easy team in that district and it also featured two Nationally ranked teams. There were 3 teams that did not make the playoffs in that district that would probably make it in any other district. Next year it is yet to be seen what happens, but last year the toughest district was 5-5A

pack0808
05-02-2005, 04:45 PM
well this would all be solved if the east texas district was still intact because it would be the toughest in my opinion. you might have 3 east texas teams preranked in the top 5 this year in lufkin, longview, and tyler lee. it is nothing unusual for them all to be in the top 10 at the same time.

htownfootball
05-02-2005, 05:22 PM
19-5A won't be the power it always is next year
but heres the breakdown anyways

Katy- loses james aston. but its katy. 'nuff said
Cinco Ranch- will probably return their west coast offense that worked so well before losing 3 straight at the end of the season. they need a quarterback who can deliver like austin morgan.
Katy Taylor- dont know much but i do know theyre always a dark horse team and may be handy since 4th place is in effect for the UIL playoff system next season.
Strake Jesuit- returns 3 5atexasfootball.com top tier prospects for their positions. sophomore season in the UIL looking better than the first. a playoff team to more than optomistic fans.
Alief Taylor- loses all american TE martellus bennet to texas a&m.
Elsik- loses the best duel threat QB in houston, morris crosby.
Hastings- tries to keep up with the rest of Alief, let alone Katy.
Mayde Creek- usually springs up after eligiblity comes back.

lonny23
05-03-2005, 02:24 AM
the two D2 5-5A representatives ran the table and met each other in the Region I finals. If that is not playoff wins and strong competition I don't know what it is. There was only one easy team in that district and it also featured two Nationally ranked teams. There were 3 teams that did not make the playoffs in that district that would probably make it in any other district. Next year it is yet to be seen what happens, but last year the toughest district was 5-5A
I maintain that a real good Denton Ryan team last year at no point in the season should've been nationally ranked. Ryan lost to SLC, but it would've been Lufkin, Abilene, or SV if SLC weren't in D2.

Whoever finished in 4th was a decent team, but 4-6 was not as good in 5-5A as 26-5A. If you had place by place games like basketball does for the Big 10-ACC, I bet 26 could go 6-2 or 7-1. For once, I'd pick Lee to win a game.

dragonsdaddy
05-03-2005, 09:36 AM
and everyone knows that lonny speaks from a lean-free rostrum. his bias is well camoflaged.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-03-2005, 09:46 AM
and everyone knows that lonny speaks from a lean-free rostrum. his bias is well camoflaged.
LMAO! I'm falling outta my seat..LOL!

SLC-Dad
05-04-2005, 12:35 AM
I maintain that a real good Denton Ryan team last year at no point in the season should've been nationally ranked. Ryan lost to SLC, but it would've been Lufkin, Abilene, or SV if SLC weren't in D2.

Whoever finished in 4th was a decent team, but 4-6 was not as good in 5-5A as 26-5A. If you had place by place games like basketball does for the Big 10-ACC, I bet 26 could go 6-2 or 7-1. For once, I'd pick Lee to win a game.

Yikes.. :eek: ..I find myself partially agreeing with lonnie!??

Having seen Denton Ryan play several times last year, I agree they would have lost to any of the teams mentioned and in retrospect shouldn't have been nationally ranked.

As far as 26-5A vs. 5-5A goes, I think it would be pretty even.....most likely a split or at worst 5-3 either way.

Maybe now that district play doesn't mean as much because most everyone makes the playoffs, we can see some fun stuff like district vs district get scheduled. It certainly would be interesting to watch. :) :) :)

bigsam
07-19-2005, 09:40 PM
I Think The Toughest Will Be The One I Am Playin In 7-5a With Ducanville Lamar And Us Desoto People Are Counting Us Out But We Are Going To Be A Force With Our Defense And Running Game It Will Be Hard But Desoto Wins Division

Mr. Buddy Garrity
07-19-2005, 11:00 PM
I doubt if they can beat anybody from 22-5a.

bleedgreen
07-20-2005, 02:14 AM
top 2----22-5A and 26-5A--IMHO...........got to go with Lonny and Scooter's districts............................

Eagle81
07-20-2005, 07:57 AM
Ryan lost to SLC, but it would've been Lufkin, Abilene, or SV if SLC weren't in D2.

You're kidding right?? Noway Ryan beats Abilene or Lufkin. I'll give ya SV but I doubt that also.

DR, Abilene, and Lufkin all had one common opponent and that was SLC. I won't even mention the joke on national television so lets just get to the playoffs.

SLC 35 Abilene 30
SLC 37 Lufkin 30
SLC 28 DR 7

Both Abilene and Lufkin had chances to win the game late. DR never had a chance in either of their games vs SLC outside of the opening kickoff. So how do you figure they beat Abilene and Lufkin? Not knocking DR I thought they were a good 5A team but to say they were better then the three mentioned on this post is a stretch.

Abilene and DR had one other common opponent. Midland High.

DR 49 Midland 38
Abilene 52 Midland 14

Abilene starters were pretty much on the bench midway thru the third quarter.

PackAttack2005
07-20-2005, 08:57 AM
A couple of you have mentioned 4 teams from each district going to the playoffs next season. That does not take effect until the 2006 season.

No respect for 14-5A? Lufkin, The Woodlands, Klein Collins and Klein Forest?

I think there shoul be some considerations here for at least a top ten ranking.

pack0808
07-20-2005, 09:42 AM
yeah the great idea with 4 teams in the playoffs starts in 2006 i know!! : i am really looking forward to it. :eek: what a joke!!