PDA

View Full Version : Star Haltom RB busted for attacking teammate!!!

Joboots
02-15-2007, 10:19 AM
What do you think of this?????

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/16704168.htm

LoneRocket
02-15-2007, 10:37 AM
The coach says anything goes during the drill with no pads on?

rams55
02-15-2007, 10:46 AM
he must have busted that kids balls

hahaha

im sorry but anything goes in practice. maybe im just oldschool

drgnbkr
02-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Maybe Dunbar should be the punter!

wide-e-wide
02-15-2007, 11:24 AM

That's what she said.

bake34
02-15-2007, 12:23 PM
he must have busted that kids balls

hahaha

im sorry but anything goes in practice. maybe im just oldschool

ram...anything goes in practice? kicking another kid in the nuts is acceptable? you ain't old school, and that ain't old school...that doesn't teach toughness, it teaches assault...that's sissy crap.

He should at least allowed to transfer and play somewhere else next year...then I'd have a talk to his coach.

wide-e-wide
02-15-2007, 12:33 PM
I think we should file charges when a player physically tackles another player. He is assaulting that player and should be punished. Why would any player think that it's okay to physically hit or kick another player? You can't do that...this is football. Better yet let's just shoot 'em...you hit somebody...bang! dead right there. We have to make it a point to teach these kids that violence and physical assault will not be tolerated in football.
You fight....you die. That's the only way these little ******** are gonna learn that football is not a physical sport.

bake34
02-15-2007, 12:37 PM
I think we should file charges when a player physically tackles another player. He is assaulting that player and should be punished. Why would any player think that it's okay to physically hit or kick another player? You can't do that...this is football. Better yet let's just shoot 'em...you hit somebody...bang! dead right there. We have to make it a point to teach these kids that violence and physical assault will not be tolerated in football.
You fight....you die. That's the only way these little ******** are gonna learn that football is not a physical sport.

tackling is a football action...kicking someone in the nuts is not...what is the coach teaching again? remind me....maybe he should just give them knives and bats too...last man alive wins???

wide-e-wide
02-15-2007, 12:45 PM
tackling is a football action...kicking someone in the nuts is not...what is the coach teaching again? remind me....maybe he should just give them knives and bats too...last man alive wins???

Nobody is suggesting that you should kick someone in the junk. But fights happen...scuffles in practice happen all the time. Handle it in house...make the kids run some laps...write an essay on sportsmanship...something. What happened to stuff like this being handled within the team?
The coach should have been a little more specific with the "anything goes"...but it's certainly nothing that should have involved freaking cops. Gimme a break...

CoveMom
02-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Dunbar, a junior, has been in school this week, "staring down" the
other boy, said Scott Landmesser, the 16-year-old's father.
He asked that his son not be named for fear of retaliation.

What a way to keep your son's identity secret.....:rolleyes:

rams55
02-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Nobody is suggesting that you should kick someone in the junk. But fights happen...scuffles in practice happen all the time. Handle it in house...make the kids run some laps...write an essay on sportsmanship...something. What happened to stuff like this being handled within the team?
The coach should have been a little more specific with the "anything goes"...but it's certainly nothing that should have involved freaking cops. Gimme a break...

agreed

wide-e-wide
02-15-2007, 12:55 PM
CoveMom your avatar sucks and so does A-Rod.

bake34
02-15-2007, 12:56 PM
agreed

I said nothing about cops...i said he should be allowed to transfer and play if he chooses...

wide-e-wide
02-15-2007, 12:57 PM
I said nothing about cops...i said he should be allowed to transfer and play if he chooses...

Why should he have to transfer??

drgnbkr
02-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Why should he have to transfer??

Because he's scheduled for 4 more butt-kickins this weekl alone!

rams55
he should just nut up and go to practice and play and brush that dirt off his shoulders

rams55
Because he's scheduled for 4 more butt-kickins this weekl alone!

he shouldnt make people mad then

drgnbkr
02-15-2007, 01:01 PM
he should just nut up and go to practice and play and brush that dirt off his shoulders

Thats the only real way out of it...when he gets a shot at Dunbar, take it! Theres no whining in football....

rams55
02-15-2007, 01:03 PM
Thats the only real way out of it...when he gets a shot at Dunbar, take it! Theres no whining in football....

thats right

gwdaddy
02-15-2007, 01:06 PM

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/16704168.htm

I think Coach George is glad to be out of that zoo.

jp744
02-15-2007, 01:12 PM
This is almost as bad as the SLC cheer thing. Suit for getting kicked in the cooter. Come on. Tell him your sorry for kicking him in the cooter and let's move on. Definately should have been taken care of in house. You think the coach will loose his job for this?

wide-e-wide
02-15-2007, 01:14 PM
This is almost as bad as the SLC cheer thing. Suit for getting kicked in the cooter. Come on. Tell him your sorry for kicking him in the cooter and let's move on. Definately should have been taken care of in house. You think the coach will loose his job for this?

I'm laughing...
Just imagine the kid walking up..."hey...about yesterday...I'm sorry for kicking you in the cooter dawg...we cool?"

bake34
02-15-2007, 01:29 PM

right...maybe he can blow out his knee...then smash out the windows of his car...ya tha'll be good for the team...guess we know why Haltom doesn't win..

LoneRocket
02-15-2007, 01:29 PM

New use of the word - cooter.

LoneRocket
02-15-2007, 01:34 PM
he shouldnt make people mad then

You take a shot in the pebbles and ask the question how am I making them mad. It seems like the coach encourage it by saying anything goes.

FreshmanTiger
02-15-2007, 01:49 PM
Maybe we should use "Eye for an Eye"

Then next day tell the kid that kicking your teammate in the nuts was uncalled for (It was not an accident) and so the guy who got kicked gets one clean shot at your junk.

Then we all go back to practice and laugh later.:confused: :eek:

No cops, just two kids who will never have kids. :rolleyes:

rams55
02-15-2007, 01:53 PM
pebbles .

BOULDERS

mojotrain
02-15-2007, 02:54 PM
The coach says anything goes during the drill with no pads on?
Would anything, to you mean a knifing or shooting?

mojotrain
02-15-2007, 02:58 PM
This is the solution, take a knee out.

jp744
02-15-2007, 03:07 PM
Right Wide......Say Dog How's your cooter? Still Swole!

jp744
02-15-2007, 03:11 PM

Then next day tell the kid that kicking your teammate in the nuts was uncalled for (It was not an accident) and so the guy who got kicked gets one clean shot at your junk.

OH SH*T THAT IS FUNNY.Laughing Out Loud. That was so funny I spelled it out.

drgnbkr
02-15-2007, 03:12 PM
BOULDERS

Stones....Nads.....

jp744
02-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Can you imagine what kind of hell that kid will catch in school. The one who got kicked of course. I can see a barage of deez nutz jokes.

fbmarshall
02-15-2007, 03:44 PM
sounds more like football practice than p.e. training, in January???????????

CoveMom
02-15-2007, 05:07 PM
sounds more like football practice than p.e. training, in January???????????

It was a tug-of-war. They are in football class after all. Conditioning. Running sprints. Lifting weights. All good.

wide-e-wide
02-15-2007, 05:17 PM
It was a tug-of-war. They are in football class after all. Conditioning. Running sprints. Lifting weights. All good.

Getting kicked in the junk....bad.

t-long20
02-15-2007, 06:38 PM

i agree an eye for an eye..all i know is if someone kicked me in the groin like that they better had transfered schools by the time i get back from the hospital cause i would be happy to return the favor

Matthew 2000 Eagle
02-15-2007, 06:51 PM
Well, not only did the young man get kicked in the nuts, but, when his parents returned to Haltom later that evening to pick up the victim's car, his windows just happened to be broken out. HMMMM! Kick a dude in the nuts, and then his windows end up broken out? I'm glad he pressed charges.

drgnbkr
02-15-2007, 08:35 PM
Well, not only did the young man get kicked in the nuts, but, when his parents returned to Haltom later that evening to pick up the victim's car, his windows just happened to be broken out. HMMMM! Kick a dude in the nuts, and then his windows end up broken out? I'm glad he pressed charges.

I'm sorry this is f---- up...

CoveMom
02-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Getting kicked in the junk....bad.

Absolutely. My comment was only a direct response to the question about it sounding like football. Even if it was a "real" football practice, getting kicked there would not have been a part of it.

gtowndrumma
02-15-2007, 08:50 PM
what ever happened to having a clean fight when you get mad in football..... i say take the kid to jail and teach him how to fight so the next time he gets mad at someone he at least hits him instead of kickin the guy in the nuts

FeeltheHaka
02-15-2007, 09:22 PM
To add to this, the article says that this kid continued to stare down at school. It sounds like he did not get a proper lecture from his parents, and his coach. We need to remember that all we know is what is in the newspaper article. There are probably things that we don't know.

DrEdward
02-15-2007, 10:11 PM
CoveMom your avatar sucks and so does A-Rod.

CoveMom, your avatar is great, but wide is right, A-Rod does sort of suck. Back to the place kicking discussion.

CoveMom
02-15-2007, 11:36 PM
CoveMom, your avatar is great, but wide is right, A-Rod does sort of suck. Back to the place kicking discussion.

I agree as to A-Rod. I even fired him accidentally in another thread. Oh the horror -- Wide caught my mistake! I was thinking about The (not so) Big Unit leaving and wishful thinking turned him into A-Rod. :o

Matthew 2000 Eagle
02-16-2007, 09:14 AM
I'm sorry this is f---- up...

drgnbkr, this is beyond f----- up.

wide-e-wide
02-16-2007, 09:24 AM
drgnbkr, this is beyond f----- up.

I agree...kicking someone in the junk is pretty f'd up...but he shouldn't go to jail because of it.

btw....
that f..... is the $100 word I've been talking about...don't ever type it and count on the filter to catch it...because it doesn't.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
02-16-2007, 09:30 AM
I agree...kicking someone in the junk is pretty f'd up...but he shouldn't go to jail because of it.

btw....
that f..... is the $100 word I've been talking about...don't ever type it and count on the filter to catch it...because it doesn't.

Thanks for the input wide. I just woke up and noticed how throwed I was last night. As someone said previous times, don't drink and post.

CFlb38 08
02-16-2007, 02:58 PM
thats stupid reason for arrest.

drgnbkr
02-16-2007, 03:06 PM

btw....

Yeah, I found that out the hard way..but when you think about it..isn't it the same to type F--- as it is to type the actual word? Just a random thought.

FeeltheHaka
02-16-2007, 03:18 PM
thats stupid reason for arrest.

Well then what do you consider a good reason for arrest? None of us were there. We don't know the facts. Did this kid kick the other kid with malice? Obviously, this kid needs something as the other kid's car had the windows broken out, and he continues to stare down the other kid that was kicked. What is the difference if the kid kicked the other kid in the nuts in the school hallway? Kicking someone is not part of football. Especially, when it is done with intent to injure.

jp744
02-16-2007, 03:40 PM
That is true. We do not know the circumstances. I know there is more to the story.

Bobcat81
02-16-2007, 04:17 PM
If that's the kind of sportsmanship they're teaching these kids in practice, then i'd hate to be caught in a "dog pile' at midfield with them on game day. Liable to come back to the sidelines missing an eyeball, or a sliced achilles, let alone missing a go-nad or two.

I tell you what though.. some dip sh*t ever did that to me, he'd better be looking over his shoulder from now on, cause when it comes to him, i just threw (my rule book) out the window.

That Heathen breedin' coach of theirs is partially to blame as well.

DragonBand06
02-16-2007, 04:29 PM
I was thinking about The (not so) Big Unit
That's what she said

wide-e-wide
02-16-2007, 04:35 PM
You know it's only a matter of time before I get a nasty-gram from KT telling me to stop the "that's what she said" movement.
But until then I say we ride this thing until the wheels fall off.

slorch
02-16-2007, 04:51 PM
looks like to me the punk is going to get punked in this situation, and he's still trying to bully the kid" staring him down in class"

see, this is where the psychotic Slorch would come out, and it's similar to the tactics used by Tom Cruise with the Maralto crime family in The Firm. As long as nothing else happens to me, we both exist happily. if something else happens, I'll blast your kneecaps off. Should be a pretty important assset to protect for a top athlete. No intimidation, no harrassment, nothing. We just walk away. Something ever happens to me again, you pay the price, and yes, I am crazy enough to do it.

I can't believe so many took the star's side in this. For one, if it was just some 2nd teamer messing with a star, the coaches probably would have handled it with the running thing or whatever. Since it is a star, and then the other kid shows up from the hospital with the damaged windows in his car, and then this week gets stared down in class, makes me think said football star is a bully and a punk, and should be dealt with accordingly. tells me coach is scared of his star player too and has little control over the team.

confrontations like these are what leads to tragic stuff like Columbine or other situations. When adults ignore the weaker kids. Looks like at least his parents and the authorities are involved. Maybe this kid was in the wrong. Maybe the star athlete is a great kid, but it doesn't look that way from the info.

PESHpanther
02-16-2007, 06:20 PM
at PESH we played a game similar to that every friday during competition day. we never had a situation like that... we had kids get hurt but none ever on purpose. If done right it is a very fun exciting game that testosterone teenage guys cant resist :D

Matthew 2000 Eagle
02-17-2007, 06:22 AM
I'll say this again:

The dude was intentionally kicked in the nuts. After he was intentionally kicked in the nuts, his windows were broken out of his car on THE EXACT SAME DAY. After all of this has taken place, this clown continues to stare down the victim at school. But, yet, you have people blowing off the victim, and they're taking the side of the fool who committed the crime. Am I the only one that thinks this mess is insane?

Oh, and by the way, I know a few folks from Haltom that play on the football team, and they say that it wasn't an accident.

slorch
02-17-2007, 07:12 AM
I'll say this again:

The dude was intentionally kicked in the nuts. After he was intentionally kicked in the nuts, his windows were broken out of his car on THE EXACT SAME DAY. After all of this has taken place, this clown continues to stare down the victim at school. But, yet, you have people blowing off the victim, and they're taking the side of the fool who committed the crime. Am I the only one that thinks this mess is insane?

Oh, and by the way, I know a few folks from Haltom that play on the football team, and they say that it wasn't an accident.

so is the perp(atrator) a punk, or did he have a reason to kick the guy? I mean the other kid could have said something to the perp that was out of line as well, that's the reason I gave the perp an out. The news article could have been slanted, so I didn't want to jump to conclusions, but the intimidation this week tells me that the star player is in the wrong.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
02-17-2007, 09:57 AM
so is the perp(atrator) a punk, or did he have a reason to kick the guy? I mean the other kid could have said something to the perp that was out of line as well, that's the reason I gave the perp an out. The news article could have been slanted, so I didn't want to jump to conclusions, but the intimidation this week tells me that the star player is in the wrong.

From my understanding, I was told that one guy was getting the best of the other, and the other got mad, atleast that's what I was told.

doc skurlock
02-17-2007, 12:58 PM
You guys have this all wrong...Lance is a great kid...Last year the other kid was kicked out of practice for punching players while being blocked during a JV scrimmage...He also has a long history of gettting "injured"...Lance is not the type to stare him down...He has no need, Lance is not threatened by the other kid in any way...

Lance is a jokester and likes to play around...It wasn't intentional...When he went to check on the lass she responded by saying "GET THE F#*& away from me!!!"So Lance did...Lance should have known better after all he is ten times the athlete the other kid was and did not need that advantage to win...But the rules were, "there are no rules, anything goes"...

The cars and the windows were not related..There were 6 other cars that night that received damage in the HHS parking...Incidents not related...My son's recollection of it may not be exact but it sounds more like Lance than that BS in the papers...

mojotrain
02-17-2007, 02:54 PM
You guys have this all wrong...Lance is a great kid...Last year the other kid was kicked out of practice for punching players while being blocked during a JV scrimmage...He also has a long history of gettting "injured"...Lance is not the type to stare him down...He has no need, Lance is not threatened by the other kid in any way...

Lance is a jokester and likes to play around...It wasn't intentional...When he went to check on the lass she responded by saying "GET THE F#*& away from me!!!"So Lance did...Lance should have known better after all he is ten times the athlete the other kid was and did not need that advantage to win...But the rules were, "there are no rules, anything goes"...

The cars and the windows were not related..There were 6 other cars that night that received damage in the HHS parking...Incidents not related...My son's recollection of it may not be exact but it sounds more like Lance than that BS in the papers...

Gosh, theres the problem, "anything goes" and supported by a parent,"a long history of getting injured", sure deserves a kick in the jewels, "hes not the type to stare him down", but he may kick someone in the jewels and thats a good type kid! " Lance is not threatened." That, I believe, so he just kicked him in the jewels to prove it. Dad refers to the kickee as a lass and she, that may be a true statement now. "Ten times the athelete," this is really the point, isnt it? Six cars with broken windows! There you go, positive prove the sweet kid didn't do it.

So we have a kid that punch's, I suppose with fists, who gets hurt often and now we can call him lass or her, he told the good kid to "get the heck and away from me" and he is a poor athelete. Then we have this great kid who kicks a team-mate in the jewels. mmmm, I really need to think this one over.

wide-e-wide
02-17-2007, 05:59 PM
I have no doubt in my mind that some of you guys were on the pink team in high school. Good Lord lighten up.

mojotrain
02-17-2007, 07:17 PM
I have no doubt in my mind that some of you guys were on the pink team in high school. Good Lord lighten up.

And there is doubt in my mind you squat down to pee but what does that have to do with the topic?

wide-e-wide
02-17-2007, 10:42 PM
and now we can call him lass or her

Didn't you just blast another poster for doing the same damn thing you just did???

And there is doubt in my mind you squat down to pee but what does that have to do with the topic?

???????

Lighten up Francis

FeeltheHaka
02-17-2007, 10:55 PM
Gosh, theres the problem, "anything goes" and supported by a parent,"a long history of getting injured", sure deserves a kick in the jewels, "hes not the type to stare him down", but he may kick someone in the jewels and thats a good type kid! " Lance is not threatened." That, I believe, so he just kicked him in the jewels to prove it. Dad refers to the kickee as a lass and she, that may be a true statement now. "Ten times the athelete," this is really the point, isnt it? Six cars with broken windows! There you go, positive prove the sweet kid didn't do it.

So we have a kid that punch's, I suppose with fists, who gets hurt often and now we can call him lass or her, he told the good kid to "get the heck and away from me" and he is a poor athelete. Then we have this great kid who kicks a team-mate in the jewels. mmmm, I really need to think this one over.

I had the same impression after reading the post. As if it is okay because the other kid punched someone a year ago? If you want that melodrama on your team, then you won't have a winning season.

mojotrain
02-17-2007, 11:48 PM
Didn't you just blast another poster for doing the same damn thing you just did???

???????

Lighten up Francis
Heres what I mean Nicole, the kicker had no reason to kick the kickee. He could have punched him. I thought the post prior to mine was a dad justifing the kick because the the coach said anything goes, do you think a kick in the jewels was included. The post by the Dr. was justifying the kick because, the kickee was injury prone and was a poor football player and had punched someone because they blocked him. He also seemed to think that since six cars had been damaged the kicker could not have been involved with the car incident. I don't think if all were true it would justify a kick. Do you? I did not intend for it to seem like I called the kickee a lass or her. That was sarcasim from me toward that post.

So Nicole, maybe that explanation help's. I don't know how to write a lighten up post and express my views. I never made it to charm school.

wide-e-wide
02-17-2007, 11:54 PM
Who the hell is Nicole?

Lighten up Francis is a quote from the 1981 classic movie "Stripes" with Bill Murray.

mojotrain
02-18-2007, 12:35 AM
Who the hell is Nicole?

Lighten up Francis is a quote from the 1981 classic movie "Stripes" with Bill Murray.
Nicole, be the lady on tv, Thats from FOX news 2007.

slorch
02-18-2007, 07:26 AM

that's why I wanted more info than just the news article...

Thank You!

Matthew 2000 Eagle
02-18-2007, 09:20 AM
The info I gave was from some that I know at Haltom. I done with this conversation.

slorch
02-18-2007, 09:33 AM
The info I gave was from some that I know at Haltom. I done with this conversation.

I didn't mean to imply anybody was wrong. I imagine the truth is mangled somewhere in the middle of the 3 different accounts of the events we've had on here.

mojotrain
02-18-2007, 02:30 PM
I didn't mean to imply anybody was wrong. I imagine the truth is mangled somewhere in the middle of the 3 different accounts of the events we've had on here.

Right! All my post were assuming it happened at all. In reality I guess the only thing sure is don't park your car in their parking lot.