PDA

View Full Version : Bring back wide

mtbray
09-11-2005, 04:49 AM
Why was he banned anyway? I have been sort of busy so I haven't been around....but wth happened??? God he was a funny son of a gun

jtk1519
09-11-2005, 02:05 PM
He got banned? When did this happen and why? I was wondering where his smack talk against the Texas haters went.

Tiger Dude
09-11-2005, 02:43 PM
go to the off topic page and read all about it.

bottom line, no member is above the rules. two members get into a showdown and verbally take it waaaaaaay too far, they both get banned.

kudos to the admins for keeping the place civil.

Reaganrattler07
09-11-2005, 03:04 PM

bottom line, no member is above the rules. two members get into a showdown and verbally take it waaaaaaay too far, they both get banned.

Yes, no matter how many posts you have or how many people like you, you are still a member that needs to abide by the rules.

The Admins did the right thing.

jtk1519
09-11-2005, 04:14 PM

I guess it has been erased because I didnt see anything. Oh well, the posters have to keep things within the rules and the admins. have to punish them if they dont.

Wide, if you can read this, I'm drinkin' a frosty Miller Lite just for you. Cheers.

RidgePride
09-11-2005, 04:30 PM
I guess it has been erased because I didnt see anything. Oh well, the posters have to keep things within the rules and the admins. have to punish them if they dont.

Wide, if you can read this, I'm drinkin' a frosty Miller Lite just for you. Cheers.
Yeah wide - Your really took one for the team. Concha probably deserved whatever verbal assaults you unleashed on him.

Glad Concha is banned though.

GoOwls
09-11-2005, 10:19 PM
Concha is a mainstay over on the THSF board, where he behaves a bit better there, and he is crying an moaning about how crappy this board is and how badly it's managed. I think he was a jerk, personally, and he's proving it by his actions over there. I graced him down and didn't let him get away with it.

I miss my little boy, Wide.....he's my buddy.

He took one for the team and I want him to get paroled soon, if the board leaders feel it's warranted and deserved.

dragons08
09-11-2005, 10:23 PM
Concha is a mainstay over on the THSF board, where he behaves a bit better there, and he is crying an moaning about how crappy this board is and how badly it's managed. I think he was a jerk, personally, and he's proving it by his actions over there. I graced him down and didn't let him get away with it.

I miss my little boy, Wide.....he's my buddy.

He took one for the team and I want him to get paroled soon, if the board leaders feel it's warranted and deserved.
concha is on THSF? didnt know that, which thread is he saying this crap in, id like to have a word or 2 with him

pack0808
09-11-2005, 10:23 PM
I grew up with wide and he is like a brother and this pisses me off!! I hope it is just a temporary ban because if it is a life ban it is just sad and pathetic on their part.

GoOwls
09-11-2005, 10:26 PM
concha is on THSF? didnt know that, which thread is he saying this crap in, id like to have a word or 2 with him

He hangs around the National Board, mostly, and argues with anyone who will read his mess.

Reaganrattler07
09-11-2005, 10:27 PM
I grew up with wide and he is like a brother and this pisses me off!! I hope it is just a temporary ban because if it is a life ban it is just sad and pathetic on their part.

sad and pathetic he broke the rules? I liked Wide, but he broke the rules. If they just ban people for short periods of time there will be a lot more people acting up.

KT2000
09-11-2005, 11:26 PM
Wide's got good spirit talking sports, but he practically asked us to ban him. We can only let things go to a point.

I'm all for debate and good discussion, but I think we have to step in as the admins of the site when stuff just gets out of control.

All we ask is that the debate is kept civil. This is a message board, we expect disagreements, but just do it in a mature way that's all.

We've run the site for four years out of pocket purely as a hobby, so I guess you might excuse us ;) if we care enough to moderate if things go too far.

I think it is important to keep the theme of the site in mind. We have a wide range of people visiting this site. It's not just adults so we've got to be more careful as far as what we let slide. Plus, I don't think many grown ups want to get on here and see people just jumping down each other's throats all the time either.

jtk1519
09-12-2005, 02:01 AM
Wide's got good spirit talking sports, but he practically asked us to ban him. We can only let things go to a point.

I'm all for debate and good discussion, but I think we have to step in as the admins of the site when stuff just gets out of control.

All we ask is that the debate is kept civil. This is a message board, we expect disagreements, but just do it in a mature way that's all.

We've run the site for four years out of pocket purely as a hobby, so I guess you might excuse us ;) if we care enough to moderate if things go too far.

I think it is important to keep the theme of the site in mind. We have a wide range of people visiting this site. It's not just adults so we've got to be more careful as far as what we let slide. Plus, I don't think many grown ups want to get on here and see people just jumping down each other's throats all the time either.

You guys did what you had to do. I would love to know what was said that forced all of this, but I'm sure it had something to do with the Ohio State game. I know if I typed half of the things I said during that game, I would have been banned faster than Ramonce Taylor can run the 40.

RIP wide

KT2000
09-12-2005, 05:47 AM
It wasn't limited to one event.

NMHS fan
09-12-2005, 06:11 AM
I saw some of it and couldn't believe it. You definitely did the right thing.

dada
09-12-2005, 06:42 AM
Is it permanet or temorary? I dont know what happened but I bet he was defending the state like he usually does.....Can we get him back?

pack0808
09-12-2005, 10:22 AM
I will have to call him today!!

LPLVR
09-12-2005, 11:23 AM
http://p2.forumforfree.com/images/smiles/headbang.gifhttp://p2.forumforfree.com/images/smiles/headbang.gif(CHANTING) "BRING WIDE BACK!" "BRING WIDE BACK!!" http://p2.forumforfree.com/images/smiles/headbang.gifhttp://p2.forumforfree.com/images/smiles/headbang.gif
http://p2.forumforfree.com/images/smiles/raisetheroof.gif

NMHS fan
09-12-2005, 12:25 PM
I dont know what happened but I bet he was defending the state like he usually does.....

He was, in fact. He just used some very inappropriate language in the example that I saw, and it got too personal and less objective for our football interchanges.

Garland02
09-12-2005, 12:47 PM

Yeah, I saw them too. They have never permitted that kind of talk on this board, and hopefully never will.

CoppellCowboy57
09-12-2005, 01:15 PM
Wide, is a good guy, he really really is, I hope its a temp ban, because if its not, I think the Mods. went to far this time. I know your trying to keep peace on the board...but thats not really fair to ban wide for standing up for somthing. Bring him back...

jtk1519
09-12-2005, 01:53 PM
I too hope wide can return. Maybe a little jail time is neccessary, but I hope it's not a life sentence. I think he is good for the board.

dragonsdaddy
09-12-2005, 02:39 PM
i would be shocked if massive amounts of beer wasn't a strong component of this. better he was drinking and typing than drinking and driving. good luck shipmate.

jtk1519
09-12-2005, 02:47 PM
wide just needs to learn to post the "adult" stuff on Hornfans where they let ANYTHING go and leave this board for PG material only.

Reaganrattler07
09-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Wide, is a good guy, he really really is, I hope its a temp ban, because if its not, I think the Mods. went to far this time. I know your trying to keep peace on the board...but thats not really fair to ban wide for standing up for somthing. Bring him back...

Standing up for something is one thing, but he went to far and started using inappropriate language.

CoppellCowboy57
09-12-2005, 05:03 PM
Standing up for something is one thing, but he went to far and started using inappropriate language.

If someone started to talk about my race, and my kids, I would have done the same...Im feeling for him because he has kids who are multi racial, alot like me...If someone brought my racism into the picture, I would have snaped aswell

Reaganrattler07
09-12-2005, 05:06 PM
If someone started to talk about my race, and my kids, I would have done the same...Im feeling for him because he has kids who are multi racial, alot like me...If someone brought my racism into the picture, I would have snaped aswell

He should've shown how much of a man he really is and not handle it immaturely like he did. Yes, it was immature on Concha's part, but Wide handled it equally same by doing what he did.

CoppellCowboy57
09-12-2005, 05:20 PM
He should've shown how much of a man he really is and not handle it immaturely like he did. Yes, it was immature on Concha's part, but Wide handled it equally same by doing what he did.

Yeah he handled badly, I agree with that, but it wasnt deserving of a ban, maybe a warning from the admin.

Reaganrattler07
09-12-2005, 05:21 PM
Yeah he handled badly, I agree with that, but it wasnt deserving of a ban, maybe a warning from the admin.

My understanding was he was banned on the last board....so really that was a "warning" in of itself.

farmerfan
09-12-2005, 05:38 PM

Wide was the one who brought race into the picture, he brought it into the picture when we were discussing the heisman, he said it would not go to a african american and said that the heisman commitee was racist. He then went on and on about how there were racist on the board, he also had been attacking concha's family and making jokes about his mom and everything else. Trust me CC, the discussion going on between those two on friday night was totally uncalled for and warranted to two of them getting banned. I believe the first time wide got banned was for making some remark about the Aggie bonfire tragedy, he crosses the line to much at times, and when we all have been doing some drinking then that is expected.

Reaganrattler07
09-12-2005, 05:41 PM
Wide was the one who brought race into the picture, he brought it into the picture when we were discussing the heisman, he said it would not go to a african american and said that the heisman commitee was racist. He then went on and on about how there were racist on the board, he also had been attacking concha's family and making jokes about his mom and everything else. Trust me CC, the discussion going on between those two on friday night was totally uncalled for and warranted to two of them getting banned. I believe the first time wide got banned was for making some remark about the Aggie bonfire tragedy, he crosses the line to much at times, and when we all have been doing some drinking then that is expected.

That's why he didn't wanna remark on it. Well, i lost what respect I had for him with that. Wide didn't just cross the line that night...he was constantly crossing it. The only thing he had going for him was he had many people who liked him. But even that couldn't protect him.

mad_fan
09-12-2005, 08:21 PM

That's the way I remember it.

mtbray
09-13-2005, 01:13 AM
If someone brought my racism into the picture, I would have snaped aswell

heh

dada
09-13-2005, 08:51 AM
heh
Dont know if this makes a difference....but for those who dont know...Wide is white. Not that it matters, for the short time I've been here.... I liked the dude, but this is KT's house so you have to abide by his rules. Wide if you out there, come playoff time and if the Pack is playing in the Houston area..hit me up...wouldnt mind catching a game with you. That goes for everyone here. I dont travel to see Playoff games, I dont have a favorite team since my cousin(TB James Wade, B.T. Washington) is in college now...so if any of you guys are in the Houston area...hit me up. KT2000...I'm pretty sure we will run into each other again this year.

pack0808
09-13-2005, 11:56 AM
Well guys wide came into Lufkin today and he just came by my office and we talked for about 10 minutes. Well i should say we laughed for about 10 minutes because when we are together that is all we do. First time i have seen him in years. There is hope and i will leave it to that. He would like to come back!!

lonny23
09-13-2005, 12:26 PM
Now if we can only get Dragons08 banned, I'll be back in 1st place! :D

Seriously, I liked Wide and didn't see the stuff he was saying, but the mods have to make the rules they see fit. I had a few warnings last year and they have to be fair. I don't mind letting a few things slide, but I don't make the rules and have to follow them if I'm going to post here.

I thought Wide might make it through the year without getting banned.

dragons08
09-13-2005, 06:36 PM

Seriously, I liked Wide and didn't see the stuff he was saying, but the mods have to make the rules they see fit. I had a few warnings last year and they have to be fair. I don't mind letting a few things slide, but I don't make the rules and have to follow them if I'm going to post here.

ouch lonny ouch, willing to sacrfice me for to be post count leader i can see

Hdshrinker
09-13-2005, 07:11 PM

Fellows, He's gone. They did what they should have that keeps this board better than the others. Let's move on....turn the page...yada yada....

dragons08
09-13-2005, 07:12 PM
Fellows, He's gone. They did what they should have that keeps this board better than the others. Let's move on.
hes back my friend, according to KT he is back

Hdshrinker
09-13-2005, 07:13 PM
hes back my friend, according to KT he is back

Well then perhaps he can handle himself accordingly.

CoppellCowboy57
09-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Wides Back

mtbray
09-13-2005, 11:18 PM
Dont know if this makes a difference....but for those who dont know...Wide is white. Not that it matters, for the short time I've been here.... I liked the dude, but this is KT's house so you have to abide by his rules. Wide if you out there, come playoff time and if the Pack is playing in the Houston area..hit me up...wouldnt mind catching a game with you. That goes for everyone here. I dont travel to see Playoff games, I dont have a favorite team since my cousin(TB James Wade, B.T. Washington) is in college now...so if any of you guys are in the Houston area...hit me up. KT2000...I'm pretty sure we will run into each other again this year.

Not sure why you quoted me, I just thought it was funny he put racism instead of race on that one...yes

VB Pack Fan
09-17-2005, 09:39 PM
Well I don,t know Wide, but he seem s to be a little out of control at times.Over on the high school board he call me a liar in comments about the Lufkin- Nacogdoches game.He call me out and ask me to prove a comment that I stated.Well when someone told Wide where to look and to see it for himself , he came back and had to eat some crow :D :D now that was funny.

pack0808
09-17-2005, 10:20 PM
Dang i have been right on many threads and have proved people wrong but i did not go around and post it in 2 or 3 different threads to make sure everybody on this board knew about it. LOL So you said the game would be closer then most expected?? EGADS!! Let me give you a trophy hold on!! I am sure you have been wrong many times in your predictions like we all have. ;)

wide's BETTER half
09-17-2005, 10:37 PM
Well I don,t know Wide, but he seem s to be a little out of control at times.Over on the high school board he call me a liar in comments about the Lufkin- Nacogdoches game.He call me out and ask me to prove a comment that I stated.Well when someone told Wide where to look and to see it for himself , he came back and had to eat some crow :D :D now that was funny.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I guess everyone got Wide to look back at what I said. Don,t worry wide I been called worse names than that .I,ve read lots of you comments, and I don,t know you peronally, but I got you figured out dude.I laugh at lot of your statements. It,s a good idea to think before you speak .I have been to all the games and LP will stuggle if we don,t get that offense in gear soon.The D can,t keep us in really tough games week in and week out.Man we got to put some points on those teams or all the talk about seeing SLC again won,t happen.................GO PACK

I'm sorry but is this the same person??? Oh wait...you're doing the split personality thing but without different user names! Good One! You're funny!