PDA

View Full Version : Smithson Valley

lonny23
04-26-2005, 09:05 PM
I thought it would be appropriate to give a shout out to Smithson Valley. I've been going back and forth between Wichita Falls and San Antonio and driving in general for the last few months. It was amazing how nice the people were at Mouse's BBQ last Saturday, but the guys at the Chinese Restaurant by the HEB were even better a few weeks back. The girls and me were a few minutes late after closing time, but they served us food anyway and the lady up front was real nice to the girls giving them stuff to color and talking to them, etc.

It made me remember how much I like Texas and how certain parts of the state are friendlier than others. The only drawback to SV was that I saw one guy wearing a Confederate flag t-shirt.

Xfballphenome05
04-26-2005, 09:10 PM
thank you loony..i also think we have very nice people here.but yes as u mentioned,there is a lot of rebel flags flying :( ....

JC73
04-26-2005, 09:31 PM
No more flags than any other rural area. I do think the area around SV is changing as more and more people are moving to the area. It is becoming less rural and more Suburban like. Not saying this is always a good thing, but many people in the SV area are trying get ride of that "hick" image that seems to linger. It is a pretty nice area though. :)

LoneStarProud
04-27-2005, 09:32 AM
thank you loony..i also think we have very nice people here.but yes as u mentioned,there is a lot of rebel flags flying :( ....

That's hilarious...although unintentional I think. Lonny is Loony.

ktCarl
04-27-2005, 08:16 PM
I thought it would be appropriate to give a shout out to Smithson Valley. I've been going back and forth between Wichita Falls and San Antonio and driving in general for the last few months. It was amazing how nice the people were at Mouse's BBQ last Saturday, but the guys at the Chinese Restaurant by the HEB were even better a few weeks back. The girls and me were a few minutes late after closing time, but they served us food anyway and the lady up front was real nice to the girls giving them stuff to color and talking to them, etc.

It made me remember how much I like Texas and how certain parts of the state are friendlier than others. The only drawback to SV was that I saw one guy wearing a Confederate flag t-shirt.

What's wrong with the Confederate flag? It has a striking look.

dragonsdaddy
04-27-2005, 08:24 PM
i think what it implies can be disturbing to many. i appreciate the states rights issues that the csa stood for, as well as the chivalry and the love of country. the racial aspects are more in play than i can stomach, now or then.

Slim-Rob
04-28-2005, 05:11 PM
there is a person who lives across the street from the Performing Arts Center (between the Red Campus and the Gray Campus) that flies the Reb Flag alongside the Texas and American flags on the front of their house.

KT2000
04-28-2005, 05:41 PM
There are many who view the confederate flag as a sign of "pride, not prejudice" (as in southern pride), and obviously others who choose to use it to fuel something most of us don't like.

Anyway, we should stay on topic and not veer off on any controversial political discussions.

Rerun
04-28-2005, 06:07 PM
What's wrong with the Confederate flag? It has a striking look.

Looks interesting enough.

i think what it implies can be disturbing to many. i appreciate the states rights issues that the csa stood for, as well as the chivalry and the love of country. the racial aspects are more in play than i can stomach, now or then.

Outstanding.

there is a person who lives across the street from the Performing Arts Center (between the Red Campus and the Gray Campus) that flies the Reb Flag alongside the Texas and American flags on the front of their house.

Wonder how long before they get acosted.

Anyway, we should stay on topic and not veer off on any controversial political topics.

Perfect.

stevefoxsc
04-29-2005, 01:05 AM
that reminds me of that applebee's comercial were that football team is lookin for a place to eat and the place is about to close but the guy said i can stay late and they cooked for the team hehe, yea texas has some of the nicest people around though the flag is somthing that many don't like to see its hard to distingiush if its pride or prej

ktCarl
04-29-2005, 08:33 AM
There are many who view the confederate flag as a sign of "pride, not prejudice" (as in southern pride), and obviously others who choose to use it to fuel something most of us don't like.

Anyway, we should stay on topic and not veer off on any controversial political discussions.

Exactly why I didn't respond to dragondaddy.
Let's just leave it be and talk more football.

Mad Hatter
05-01-2005, 11:10 AM
its very sad that people still fly racist symbols...even worse when they wear them :mad: