PDA

View Full Version : ND vs. Mich.

southlake thug
09-10-2005, 12:48 PM
It is 14-3 Notre Dame over Michigan at the half. Charlie Weise has done a great job with this team in the off-season and I have been really impressed by the Irish.

The Big10 is going to be a real deep and solid conference this year.

mad_fan
09-10-2005, 02:14 PM
It is 14-3 Notre Dame over Michigan at the half. Charlie Weise has done a great job with this team in the off-season and I have been really impressed by the Irish.

touchback ND...the san antonio madison of the ncaa...if the packers and brett do well i'll have my triple crown. :D

FootballJunkie
09-10-2005, 02:14 PM

Notre Dame is not in the Big Ten. From what I see either Notre Dame is better than people thought or Michigan is not the Number#3 team in the country. I think it's more Michigan not being as good as advertised.

mad_fan
09-10-2005, 02:16 PM
Notre Dame is not in the Big Ten. From what I see either Notre Dame is better than people thought or Michigan is not the Number#3 team in the country. I think it's more Michigan not being as good as advertised.

M is number 3 in a poll (i hate preseason/early season polls). nd will rock some worlds this year.

FootballJunkie
09-10-2005, 05:55 PM
M is number 3 in a poll (i hate preseason/early season polls). nd will rock some worlds this year.
Michigan WAS #3. Final ND 17 - Michigan 10 but it was not that close. ND dominated both sides of the ball.

Garland02
09-10-2005, 06:25 PM
I agree, M was ranked too high. They weren't that impressive last week against N.Illinois either... The ND defense was impressive today.

pack0808
09-10-2005, 06:34 PM
Bad day so far for the big boys of the Big10 and a horrible nauseating day for my hawks. Once they lost Tate it was over. Sad to see!! You guys would be silly to go by 1 week of football because it usually means nada in september. Last year Iowa started 2-2 and won their next 8 including a major bowl over LSU. When you play a rival game on the road anything can happen and it did. Same in 2002 and same in 2003. Had early season losses but finished strong and all three times they finished in the top 10 in the end with a major bowl win besides 2002 when they lost USC in a BCS bowl.

FootballJunkie
09-10-2005, 07:09 PM
Bad day so far for the big boys of the Big10 and a horrible nauseating day for my hawks. Once they lost Tate it was over. Sad to see!! You guys would be silly to go by 1 week of football because it usually means nada in september. Last year Iowa started 2-2 and won their next 8 including a major bowl over LSU. When you play a rival game on the road anything can happen and it did. Same in 2002 and same in 2003. Had early season losses but finished strong and all three times they finished in the top 10 in the end with a major bowl win besides 2002 when they lost USC in a BCS bowl.
Perhaps you are right but this could be an omen. Two top Big Ten teams have gone done to supposedly lesser teams already today. Iowa and Michigan perhaps were overated. It is early but it sure does hurt the Big Ten's image.

pack0808
09-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Talk to me when the season is over. The Big 10 has had almost no problems with conferences like the SEC and the Big10 in bowl games lately. It is way too early to tell!!

pack0808
09-10-2005, 07:18 PM
I made a mistake in my post. Iowa has won 2 of the last 3 vs Iowa St!! I made it sound like Iowa st. won the last 3. Not the case. Iowa st was the only team to beat them in 2002 besides the BCS loss in to USC in 2002. Rivalry games you can never tell. Iowa has won 17 of the last 23 though. Rivals usually play you tough though. Today still really caught me off guard. ND is better then most think. They are good. Some forget they beat Michigan and Tennesse last year.

FootballJunkie
09-10-2005, 07:23 PM
I made a mistake in my post. Iowa has won 2 of the last 3 vs Iowa St!! I made it sound like Iowa st. won the last 3. Not the case. Iowa st was the only team to beat them in 2002 besides the BCS loss in to USC in 2002. Rivalry games you can never tell. Iowa has won 17 of the last 23 though. Rivals usually play you tough though. Today still really caught me off guard. ND is better then most think. They are good. Some forget they beat Michigan and Tennesse last year.
I don't know how good ND is my thought was either ND is better than advertised or Michigan is not and was not #3 in the country. I mean the number 8 team loses to an unranked team and Michigan loses to ND with new head coach who most experts predicted would take a couple of years to start winning. It is still early but today the Big ten took a hit. It is a long season but today is not a good day so far for them. Perhaps OSU will redeem them.

Mr_Lucci
09-11-2005, 03:54 AM

Southlake Thug? Why does that name all of a sudden make me think of Malibu's Most Wanted? Only Southlake doesn't even compare to Malibu but you get my point.

Spectatorsport
09-11-2005, 10:07 AM
Southlake Thug? Why does that name all of a sudden make me think of Malibu's Most Wanted? Only Southlake doesn't even compare to Malibu but you get my point.

I hope this is like Willingham first season in which ND makes a run through it's schedule but the once difference is I hope ND wins the bowl game at the end of the season. I don't think ND will be able to beat USC, and its a real possibility they will drop at least a game to one of the Big 10 teams left (MSU, Purdue), plus they have a tough Tennesee team as well as the damn BC team (which no matter their record alway seems to trip the Irish up).

mad_fan
09-12-2005, 11:44 AM
spectator, i DIDNT see bc on the schedule for this year...and i was VERY happy with that...do i have that right?

Spectatorsport
09-12-2005, 12:00 PM
spectator, i DIDNT see bc on the schedule for this year...and i was VERY happy with that...do i have that right?

http://und.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/nd-m-footbl-sched.html
Sweet no BC at the end of the season. I believe Stanford is.

Schedule:
Pitt
UM
MSU
Wash
Purdue
USC
BYU
TENN
Navy
Syracuse
Stanford.

mad_fan
09-12-2005, 04:13 PM
http://und.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/nd-m-footbl-sched.html
Sweet no BC at the end of the season. I believe Stanford is.

Schedule:
Pitt
UM
MSU
Wash
Purdue
USC
BYU
TENN
Navy
Syracuse
Stanford.

exactly what i thought i saw...only have to deal with the madison/macarthur thing the end of this year... :rolleyes: