PDA

View Full Version : Site Picture of Mr. Bryant

Mr. Buddy Garrity
04-26-2005, 03:25 PM
This kid look too big to be a 10th grader. What is his height and weight?

RedRage00
04-26-2005, 03:59 PM
I don't see a picture?

LP-79
04-26-2005, 04:03 PM
Last year he was listed at 6'2" 200 lbs. Just a big ole east texas boy! Fast and a great vertical leap!

Mr. Buddy Garrity
04-26-2005, 04:18 PM
Last year he was listed at 6'2" 200 lbs. Just a big ole east texas boy! Fast and a great vertical leap!
He looks bigger than that. sheesh! We dont have a corner over 6'0" I do believe. Guess we gonna have to send Robert Joseph on him and see what happens.

RedRage00
04-26-2005, 04:23 PM
Oh, you meant the guy on the front page....I thought you were posting a picture lol

RR

KT2000
04-26-2005, 04:41 PM
The latest height/weight listing I have for Bryant is 6'2, 200.

SummitGrad04
04-26-2005, 05:26 PM
He looks pretty good. Love to have him on my team.

PackAttack2005
04-26-2005, 08:27 PM
Not only does Dez Bryant have good size and speed, this young man also has a great set of hands and outstanding leaping ability. He will have plenty help on the other side as well, with 6'3" 200 lb. junior to be Thaddeus Gordon. Both are great basketball players and have no problem catching the ball.

Add Raphael Thomas, E.J. Shankle and Marcus Rains in the mix and Lufkin could have the best overall recieving corps in their history.

Favpack
04-26-2005, 08:29 PM
If Dez takes care of the classroom he could be a legend. Interesting tidbit on Dez - when he takes off his hat for the Star Spangled Banner - he usually PALMS it. Yep - just like Dr. J with a basketball - only it's his helmet! He's a freak.

KLH75287
04-26-2005, 11:04 PM
If Dez takes care of the classroom he could be a legend. Interesting tidbit on Dez - when he takes off his hat for the Star Spangled Banner - he usually PALMS it. Yep - just like Dr. J with a basketball - only it's his helmet! He's a freak.

Just get it close baby !!!

This kid along with the other receivers should have a banner season playing catch with LP's new QB.

This is going to be fun !!!!

GO PACK IN '05

PackAttack2005
04-26-2005, 11:16 PM
New Lufkin QB will be Jeremy Claybon. I went out to practice this afternoon and this guy looks awesome. I knew two years ago this guy had "IT" to be a great QB. Believe it or not he has a younger brother who will be a freshman in 2005 that may be better than Jeremy. We may have another possibility of a QB brother combo in Texas in 2006, Tyler Lee had the Hill brothers together for a couple of years(2003 & 2004).

The next two years could be very special for the PACK!

wide-e-wide
04-26-2005, 11:25 PM
Not trying to be sarcastic I promise...
But why is it that any time a player is mentioned,
there is almost always someone younger than him that is
going to be even better...but by the time that player comes
of age...his name is immediately followed by ...so and so is going
to be even better....

PackAttack2005
04-26-2005, 11:44 PM
Who knows about these things. We hear this information from coaches and there are some great athletes on the way for Lufkin. I don't know if anyone will be as good as a Reggie McNeal or Jorvorskie Lane, but we have some kids playing that are very talented and we will just need to wait and see how they develope. Jeremy does have a younger brother and he is very good for his age, we will see if he does anything at the freshmen level.

All I know is Jeremy Claybon is a very good QB and will lead the Panther football team in that position the next two years. We will see what little brother Claybon can accomplish in a couple of years.

:cool: :) :cool: :)

LPMOM
04-26-2005, 11:55 PM
we just grow them like that in east texas! "Them Country Boys"

wide-e-wide
04-27-2005, 08:09 AM
It's funny how people refer to Lufkin as "country boys"
I grew up there...lived there the majority of my life...and
the closest I ever came to a cow...was sitting down and
eating one at the Cattle Company...and the closest I came
to being country was hearing Horace McQueen tell me the
temp. and weather forecast as I got dressed for school.
I'm sure Pack0808 would agree with me on this one.

LPMOM
04-27-2005, 08:31 AM
Horace McQueen! sure miss him being on in the mornings. i grew up in houston, moved to killeen at 14. all of my relatives are from lufkin and lousiana. i also lived in lufkin for about 10 years as an adult. lufkin is COUNTRY! maybe you don't realize it because you grew up there.

wide-e-wide
04-27-2005, 08:38 AM
Oh...indeed I know it is country. I had people from other states
make fun of my accent the entire time I was in the military. I told
them if they thought my accent was bad...they should hear how the
true country boys talk...

I was just saying...not all the kids from Lufkin like being labeled a "country
boy"...it conjurs up the image of dumb hicks...When I think "country" I think Alabama or Mississippi...I was stationed in Mississippi and believe they speak a different kind of English there...

PackAttack2005
04-27-2005, 08:43 AM
Hey wide, your right, Lufkin is no more country than Houston or Dallas is country, if you want to make that equation. We are a small city in the middle of East Texas and our secret is that most big schools we play don't know where we are or who we are. They assume we are just simple country folks. I think some of the Houston teams have found out we are not backwoods and we have some nice sports facilities and people here in Lufkin and in some cases we have better facilities than what they have in the big city. I think the biggest surprise to most is that they found out we play pretty good all around sports here in Lufkin.

Go Pack!!!

pack0808
04-27-2005, 09:52 AM
it is just a lame stereotype. i have been all over the united states and houston people acting like lufkin is so country is funny. yes we have our share of east texas hicks but houston has there share of hilbillies also. yes houston is a huge city but it is only a short 2hr drive from lufkin. they act like they are in new york or something when they are comparing lufkin to houston. :rolleyes:

dragonsdaddy
04-27-2005, 10:16 AM
i'm having trouble believing anyone in texas doesn't recognize that they have their hands full every time the lufkin bus shows up, for whatever sport you can name. if they don't, they will the next time.

PackAttack2005
04-27-2005, 10:24 AM
Lufkin defeated The Woodlands baseball team on Tuesday in Lufkin, 5 - 1. The Woodlands are the #1 ranked 5A team in Texas and 3rd in the nation.

The Woodlands had defeated Lufkin @ The Woodlands 3-2 earlier in the year.

I know this is a football topic, just wanted to add to what Dragondaddy stated.

Tigerjag
04-27-2005, 11:13 AM
we have some nice sports facilities

Surely you aren't refering to ol abe.

pack0808
04-27-2005, 11:42 AM
ol abe is about to be much nicer when they add the new safe turf and the jumbotron scoreboard this year. all they have left is the stands. they need more sitting and preferrably bigger seating. you have to squeeze in now. one step at a time though. they are spending a load right now but it will be worth it in the long run.

pack4life
04-27-2005, 09:50 PM
Hey wide, your right, Lufkin is no more country than Houston or Dallas is country, if you want to make that equation. We are a small city in the middle of East Texas and our secret is that most big schools we play don't know where we are or who we are. They assume we are just simple country folks. I think some of the Houston teams have found out we are not backwoods and we have some nice sports facilities and people here in Lufkin and in some cases we have better facilities than what they have in the big city. I think the biggest surprise to most is that they found out we play pretty good all around sports here in Lufkin.

Go Pack!!!

Yeah... I'll never forget that one sign. Back in 2001, Austin Westlake, state championship. I look across the stadium and see a few "Lufkin WHO?" signs all around... i remember thinking they're about to find out...

wide-e-wide
04-27-2005, 11:48 PM
I remember being in boot camp and the drill instuctor asking me where I was from....I said Lufkin, Texas...he snarled back at me..."hmmm...NOWHERE,TX"
After a while you just say outside of Houston...very few people knew where it was...

LPMOM
04-28-2005, 12:17 AM
i didn't mean anything negative when i said lufkin is country. those are some of the very things i enjoy about lufkin, and everybody knows i have a lot of pride about lufkin. killeen is just a lot different than the rest of texas because hardly anybody that lives here is from texas.

pack0808
04-28-2005, 10:30 AM
"spitting my tobacco juice in my beer can and putting my hand around my girlfriend beeeeeeety the sheep"

it is ok lp mom i did not take it to heart. :D

wide-e-wide
04-28-2005, 10:46 AM
And havin' Sunday dinner with Uncle Dad and my wife/sister...

In a related story...I was driving from Waco to Lufkin about a month ago and saw a man riding his horse on the side of the highway (which is enough to blow some northern folks minds) But wait...beside him was another horse carrying all of his stuff...and perched up on the saddle was ....get this....
his little dog...

I looked at my wife and said "what the (bleep)?'ya see that is how sterotypes get started"
Only in Texas...even our dogs have horses...

LP-79
04-28-2005, 06:41 PM
You want to know something, I saw the same thing about an hour ago. An old black man was riding his horse with a dog in his lap. Nowhere but East Texas! I am not saying Lufkin is a backwoods place but I grew up living in Lufkin, behind Chambers park. Now everybody from Lufkin knows where I lived. You could not do that in a place like Houston

wide-e-wide
04-29-2005, 12:49 AM
so you lived really close to where I endured those horrible,humid,torturous,unbelievably hot 2-a-days at
Jr.High West?

LP-79
04-29-2005, 09:12 PM
I sweated on that horrible practice field too. I probably still have stone bruises from all the rocks that got throwed out there. I remember when I was in jr. high we were undeafeted both years. Tied the same team both years. Can't remember who it was. nickname the doggies? Great very friendly cheerleaders for them to! wink wink.

dragonfootballfan
04-29-2005, 11:51 PM
either he is a freak because of big hands or a really small head

The_BreezeLP
07-08-2005, 04:38 PM
Well lets just say that EVERYONE will probably know his name by the end of the season

Go Pack

Texasfrog
07-08-2005, 08:32 PM
Well lets just say that EVERYONE will probably know his name by the end of the season

Go Pack

The kid has some bigtime skills. It doesnt take long watching him on the football field to realize that. His probably going to have a breakout year if Lufkin's new QB-Claybon has a solid year. They should probably make a strong tandem.

drgnbkr
07-08-2005, 09:39 PM
Watching him give it a go as well as he did in Waco last year was enough for me...he's going to be hell on 2 wheels this year!