PDA

View Full Version : Your preference between pistol or revolver, and what brand do you own/like?

twcpfan1
12-28-2006, 05:17 PM
Please note, it is a sporting and not a political thread.

carter08
12-28-2006, 05:18 PM
Revolver is one of my favourite beatles albums

CoveMom
12-28-2006, 05:50 PM
Revolvers look cool. Don't own either, but I like trying to hit targets with black powder revolvers at Scout Camp. Notice, I said "trying." The kick sets you up to needing to think a bit more about what you are doing with those.

True story. My boyfriend in my Junior year lived in Dallas and worked at Monkey Ward's. He didn't come to see me in Tyler for about 3 weeks so he could work extra and pay for a .357 Magnum long barrel he really, really wanted. The deal was: If I would not whine, I got to shoot it first. Soooo, the big day comes and we drive out to a place in the country with a few dumpsters (targets). Well, I grabbed that puppy and held it out in front of me all Charlie's Angels and then LOCKED MY ELBOWS before pulling the trigger. My wire-rimmed glasses were bent around my face and the shot of course hit a low flying cloud! Next shot, since I knew better by then, was done one-armed. Not pretty. I was not allowed another try. I still smile about that one.

wide-e-wide
12-28-2006, 07:19 PM
You got a problem? I got a problem solver...and his name is Revolver- Dr. Dre'

tayb
12-28-2006, 08:28 PM
I don't own any weapons but when I am given both of the options in video games I choose the revolver...it seems more powerful. I also like the Rage song 'revolver' haha.

Miss Kitty
12-28-2006, 08:46 PM
Revolver - Smith&Wesson .357Mag

grayowl60
12-28-2006, 10:34 PM
Glock 33 is mine

okt0ber
12-28-2006, 11:14 PM
I once had a BB gun....

GoOwls
12-29-2006, 03:23 AM
S&W semi-auto .45 cal........dont' be uninvited in my house......ouch!
Scoped Russian SKS for the long shots.......:D
S&W semi-auto .22 cal Model 622 w/bull barrell and custom target grips just for fun. Sweet little gun, I can put all 200 rounds in the center mass circle or in the head on a silhouette target at 15 yards in rapid fire. Little holes, but all lethal.
Revolvers are ancient news. Like using arrows, spears, and rocks.

twcpfan1
12-29-2006, 05:26 AM
I currently own a Sig Sauer P226 and a H&K USP 40 compact. I'm kind of a collector of NATO issued handguns. I've owned every one of them at one time or another. Unfortunately, I don't have the pocket book to own them all at once. So I just keep trading and buying. These 2 that I have right now, I find really hard to part with though.

rams55
12-29-2006, 08:01 AM
DESERT EAGLE NUKKAH

http://i12.tinypic.com/30ihqqg.jpg

dada
12-29-2006, 10:40 AM
Revolver hands down. Wont jam on you and leaves no shells.

CoveMom
12-29-2006, 10:41 AM
S&W semi-auto .22 cal Model 622 w/bull barrell and custom target grips just for fun. Sweet little gun, I can put all 200 rounds in the center mass circle or in the head on a silhouette target at 15 yards in rapid fire. Little holes, but all lethal.

I'm pretty good with arrows....:D

wide-e-wide
12-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Note to self: never piss off GoOwls

dada
12-29-2006, 10:43 AM

I had a SKS....stupid cops took it from me.

ThEgReAtOnE
12-29-2006, 12:29 PM

WTF?! What tha hell are you gonna to do with all that fire-power, GoOwls? Please tell me they're not for hunting purposes? And if they are....what are you hunting....Jaws or Bigfoot?!

All of the sudden, this is how I picture GoOwls....
http://www.fanfromfla.net/bk/images/weirdscience/killerparty_gun.jpg
:D

CoveMom
12-29-2006, 01:06 PM
lmao, that was funny OnE.

rams55
12-29-2006, 01:32 PM
screw it this is what im gonna open my door with from now on

http://i14.tinypic.com/2djv1o0.jpg

ThEgReAtOnE
12-29-2006, 02:12 PM
lmao, that was funny OnE.

Gracias...
I aim to please!;) :D

GoOwls
12-29-2006, 11:31 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

TGO, that was funny, you made me laugh out loud. I really needed that. Actually, I don't use them that much. The .45 was inherited from my dad who passed away in 1997. I took it to the range in about 2000 and that was the last time it had rounds in it. I don't even own any rounds for it. A thief wouldn't have to worry about it unless I threw it at him. It's just too expensive to shoot the darn thing. The SKS, I got back about 1997 or so. It's the more expensive Russian version, mine was made in 1954. It's still packed in the original packing grease and never fired. It's more of an investment and an oddity than anything. Now the .22 target is my toy. About once a year I get a brick of 500 .22's and go to the range a fire away for an afternoon. I inherited other "farmer" weapons from my dad, an old single shot shotgun, an old sinlge shot .22 rifle, and an old 9 shot .22 revolver, but I gave them to my son for for his legacy.

I made it sound worse than it was..........:D

wide-e-wide
12-29-2006, 11:56 PM
Well it's time to reveal today's Idiot of the Day (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9_lTy2J3Mk).

CoveMom
12-30-2006, 12:02 AM
Well it's time to reveal today's Idiot of the Day (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9_lTy2J3Mk).

I wish to make it CLEAR that this was not me with the .357.

lmfao. what an idiot.

TexasRed6x
12-30-2006, 12:03 AM

Lmao. What an idiot.

dragons08
12-30-2006, 12:03 AM
I wish to make it CLEAR that this was not me with the .357.

lmfao. what an idiot.

well, im sure the word "MOM" in your username clarified that info

CoveMom
12-30-2006, 12:07 AM
well, im sure the word "MOM" in your username clarified that info

But the word "large" to describe the idiot might have confused those who actually know me...:D

ThEgReAtOnE
12-30-2006, 12:10 AM

Wide, my brother....I think this guy belongs on the list as...

Idiot of the Day 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfIt88qC3zY)

:eek: :D :eek: :D

....and with that...goodnight!

mtbray
12-30-2006, 12:20 AM
I currently own a Sig Sauer P226 and a H&K USP 40 compact. I'm kind of a collector of NATO issued handguns. I've owned every one of them at one time or another. Unfortunately, I don't have the pocket book to own them all at once. So I just keep trading and buying. These 2 that I have right now, I find really hard to part with though.

Those are my ideal handguns. Since turning 21 I've wanted to invest in getting one, but keep finding other ways to spend my money. I think .38 or .40 caliber is ideal...it packs a punch but also fires at a quick enough rate to have some stopping power, unlike the .22.

Trinity Trojan Fan For Li
12-30-2006, 12:22 AM
I have a Ladies' Smith & Wesson - 5 shot - 38 Cal. revolver. I"ll shoot to kill - already psyched myself to do that. I don't want the idiot to come back and sue me.

wide-e-wide
12-30-2006, 01:04 AM
Wide, my brother....I think this guy belongs on the list as...

Idiot of the Day 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfIt88qC3zY)

:eek: :D :eek: :D

....and with that...goodnight!

Lord have mercy...I don't know what he was saying but that [censored] cracked me up.

"waylie bobbed...waylie bobbed..."

Bobcat81
12-30-2006, 08:18 AM
Our dept. incorporated the .40 cal. but fortunate for me, i was able to grandfather my Colt 10mm. I prefer it by far. Wheel guns are out though reliable, are much slower reloading.

ktCarl
12-30-2006, 09:43 AM

I know a deputy that used to live a couple of houses from me that got into a confrontation with a teen that had a revolver and the deputy had a semi-auto pistol. The deputy's pistol jammed and the kids revolver was emptied on him.

Arrows and spears are deadly and David killed Goliath with a rock. It just depends on who is behind the weapon.

I use to own a Ruger .357 revolver with an 8" barrel. Beautiful gun and fun to shoot.

My Dad's best buddy owns over $1million worth of Civil War and pre-Civil War revolvers. He also owns all types of rifles, flintlocks and pistols. For protection at his home it is a sawed off shotgun and revolver that he thinks are the most dependable.

GoOwls
01-01-2007, 09:02 AM
I know a deputy that used to live a couple of houses from me that got into a confrontation with a teen that had a revolver and the deputy had a semi-auto pistol. The deputy's pistol jammed and the kids revolver was emptied on him.

Arrows and spears are deadly and David killed Goliath with a rock. It just depends on who is behind the weapon.

I use to own a Ruger .357 revolver with an 8" barrel. Beautiful gun and fun to shoot.

My Dad's best buddy owns over $1million worth of Civil War and pre-Civil War revolvers. He also owns all types of rifles, flintlocks and pistols. For protection at his home it is a sawed off shotgun and revolver that he thinks are the most dependable.

I know, I was just being a smart-alek about it. I was really referring to the firepower disadvantage you have with a revolver vs. a semi-auto. That's why the cops have switched, they were outgunned to much in shootouts.

ktCarl
01-01-2007, 12:10 PM
I know, I was just being a smart-alek about it. I was really referring to the firepower disadvantage you have with a revolver vs. a semi-auto. That's why the cops have switched, they were outgunned to much in shootouts.

Where can you buy a good spear? :D

gtowndrumma
01-01-2007, 04:24 PM
give me a glock 40 any day of the week

as far as protection goes though
3 bushmaster m-15s w/ flash suppressors
2 glock 40s
2 swat issued sawed off remington 820 defenders
and then an old school 45

mind that these are all my dads guns and he lives out in east texas where they deal w/ a lot of meth dealers who seem to think he's d.e.a

Firebird
01-03-2007, 03:46 AM
I myself have a Glock 19 9mm (that's the smaller, concealed carry model, though it still carries a ten round clip). I like a .45, but a 9mm will do anything you need it to, with more control. Anything more than a .45 is basically just to look "cool". These guys with the .50 caliber desert eagles are just kidding themselves. There is simply no reason to put that much firepower in a hand gun.

If you want personal protection, you need to go with the semi-auto for the simple reason that 10>6. Not to say that wheel guns are worthless. A .38 snubnose is just the thing to wear with a shoulder holster and a suit-coat. The other plus to a wheel-gun, especially a double-action: You can be darn sure the thing will fire when you want it to.

GoOwls, I LOVE my Russian SKS. I've owed a few, including a cheap Chinese model I picked up for about 150 at the pawn shop. But that Russian gun is one of the best I've owned. You really ought to go get one not in pristene shape just for shooting. The one thing that the Russians built better than us is small arms. I also have a Ruger Mini-14 that is just the thing for fun shooting.

twcpfan1
01-03-2007, 08:23 AM
As far as carry weapons go, I think you just go with whatever you are most comfortable with. Try a few of them. Take it out to the range. I've found that no two handguns have the exact same feel. I do very well at the range with my Sig Sauer P226 9MM, but not so well with any of the Glocks I've tried. The thing about the popular handguns, they never depreciate after the 1st resale. So if you don't think the handgun you own is ideal for your needs, just go to the gun show and trade it for another one. One thing though. This is the one thing you don't go cheap on. Particularly if you plan on using it for personal protection. The site below has some good info.

http://www.internetarmory.com/handgunammo.htm

LUFPAN
01-03-2007, 08:56 AM
Revolver - Smith&Wesson .357Mag

ditto

KT2000
01-03-2007, 09:06 AM
*Now interrupting for this PSA*

All you newbies out there take good notes. This thread here is a great indicator of who not to piss off on the board.

Thanks.

LUFPAN
01-03-2007, 10:11 AM

All you newbies out there take good notes. This thread here is a great indicator of who not to piss off on the board.

Thanks.

That's some good advice.

Miss Kitty
01-03-2007, 10:12 AM
That's some good advice.

I agree.

drgnbkr
01-03-2007, 10:59 AM

Thanks.

Yep...Sho nuff...