PDA

View Full Version : New Nacogdoches Coach

LP-79
04-25-2005, 05:48 PM
Well since Nac. is moving back up to 5A next year any guesses about who will take over as new coach and A.D.? The football team is not going to be very good next year! The old coach got the job at New Braunfels because of strength of all other sports not football team. I think they need a coach that runs the spread offense or at least run and gun. They need to score a lot of points to win!

pack4life
04-25-2005, 06:03 PM
Nac... movin back up to 5A?? I missed this!! What district will they be placed in?? I thought you had to be able to handle 4A first :p

Favpack
04-25-2005, 06:39 PM
I have not heard a final on their enrollment - I thought they were safely in 4A. Coach Conifer (sp) was in WAYYYY over his head as head coach and AD. His record was 7-23 in three years - and the team really wasn't improving at all. Absolutely amazing he got that job - he must be an excellent interviewer.

Here's a reflection of his offensive brilliance. Nac. had a wr that won state in high jump his junior year and will likely take it again this year. Guess how many fade/jump ball routes they threw to him in two years? Zippo. Duh - this guy is a genius.

wide-e-wide
04-25-2005, 07:17 PM
Poor Nac, I wish they could get it together.
The rivalry with Lufkin was a lot of fun back in
the day. All the pranks and talking smack. Now it's
just an annual beat-down that means nothing.

PackAttack2005
04-25-2005, 07:30 PM
Nacodoches coach and AD was Chuck Caniford, he came from Euless Trinity three years ago. Is he gone for sure ?

LP-79
04-25-2005, 10:29 PM
According to daily sentinel he is gone.

stumpman8
04-26-2005, 02:01 AM
he went to new braunfels

Mr. Buddy Garrity
04-26-2005, 11:59 AM
I have no love for Nac-a-roaches. Prime example of letting talent go to waste.

CoppellCowboy57
04-26-2005, 01:23 PM
Nac... movin back up to 5A?? I missed this!! What district will they be placed in?? I thought you had to be able to handle 4A first :p

ouch...that was hardcore

PackAttack2005
04-26-2005, 02:07 PM
The word around says that Harold "Scooter" Sroggins, a Lufkin assitant coach could be in line for the HC opening at Nacogdoches.

I am not so sure about that information, because Caniford just resigned today.

Seems to me there would be the customary coaches search and interview period before the board would make a decision on a HC or AD.

I don't know about Nacogdoches, they do not seem to be a magnet for attracting good coaching prospects.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
04-26-2005, 02:17 PM
The word around says that Harold "Scooter" Sroggins, a Lufkin assitant coach could be in line for the HC opening at Nacogdoches.

Seems to me there would be the customary coaches search and interview period before the board would make a decision on a HC or AD.

I don't know about Nacogdoches, they do not seem to be a magnet for attracting good coaching prospects.
He's not doing a good job representing the "Scooter's" of the world.....LOL I wouldn't step foot inside a Nac-a-roaches land area anymore unless it's a life or death situation.

LP-79
04-26-2005, 03:53 PM
Maybe they could talk the guy that got fired from SFA to be their coach! LOL Better yet see if they can talk Lynn Graves out of retirement. I thought that stunk the way San Augustine fired him after they won state.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
04-26-2005, 04:13 PM
Maybe they could talk the guy that got fired from SFA to be their coach! LOL Better yet see if they can talk Lynn Graves out of retirement. I thought that stunk the way San Augustine fired him after they won state.
Yeah. I was shocked when that happened. Did they even make the playoffs this year?

RedRage00
04-26-2005, 04:18 PM
Why would someone be fired after they lead the team to a state title?

RR

LP-79
04-26-2005, 04:34 PM
After they won state the school board did not renew his contract. Something about his age. I don't care how old a guy is if he is a winner you don't get rid of him! Heck he even won at SFA, they have not had a good team since he left.

Bootsdaddy
04-26-2005, 11:56 PM

I believe I read today they've had 5 AD's since 1994. They have a decent athletics program in everything except football.

RainyTX81
04-27-2005, 11:21 AM
I'm from Nacogdoches and the main problem with their football program is that they can't find a good coach. They are always tops in track and power lifting but can't seem to win more than 2-3 games a year over the past 13 years. In my eyes, the talent/potential level of the athletes in Nac aren't that dissimilar to that of Lufkin (I know...haha). The main difference in the two programs is Lufkin has one of the best coaches in Texas High School Football and Nac can't get a coach that's halfway decent. Another thing, Lufkin's athletes are devoted to the game of football. Doing things during the spring and summer to stay in football shape, while the guys at Nac are sitting on their a$$es playing playstation and being lazy. There is no discipline in the Nacogdoches system, that is the main problem. Hell, I'm sure most of us could do a better job coaching that team than the previous coaches they've had there.

im out

PantherPack
04-27-2005, 11:28 AM
Yeah it's because noone wants to live in that horrid town of nastyroaches. Just going through there leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Yuck.

RainyTX81
04-27-2005, 11:36 AM
I agree, I was born and raised in this sh!thole and I hate it. I moved to Lufkin for 4 years after high school and loved it. Lufkin is just the right size city, not too big, not too small. Nacogdoches is controlled by a bunch of old folks who don't want new businesses coming into this town....a perfect example of how crappy this town is...check out our mall or shall i say "the hall". The only good thing we got going is SFA.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
04-27-2005, 11:37 AM
I agree, I was born and raised in this sh!thole and I hate it. I moved to Lufkin for 4 years after high school and loved it. Lufkin is just the right size city, not too big, not too small. Nacogdoches is controlled by a bunch of old folks who don't want new businesses coming into this town....a perfect example of how crappy this town is...check out our mall or shall i say "the hall". The only good thing we got going is SFA.
The mall? I thought it was just a shopping center....LOL yeah I hate just driving through there too.

PantherPack
04-27-2005, 11:38 AM
Hahah the Hall, that's a good one. Yeah I only cross that river for one thing and one thing only.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
04-27-2005, 11:41 AM
Hahah the Hall, that's a good one. Yeah I only cross that river for one thing and one thing only.
BEER!!!!!!!

panthermaniac
04-27-2005, 11:48 AM
Wow, y'all sure talking mean about poor old Doches. I wish they would get a good coach and improve. It's not as much fun to beat them when both teams go onto the field knowing what the outcome will be. I miss the days when we really had a rivalry.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
04-27-2005, 11:51 AM
Wow, y'all sure talking mean about poor old Doches. I wish they would get a good coach and improve. It's not as much fun to beat them when both teams go onto the field knowing what the outcome will be. I miss the days when we really had a rivalry.
Yea. I bet the Nac players bet one another on how many points they're gonna lose by...LOL

Bootsdaddy
04-27-2005, 10:25 PM

Nac won in '82 and '92. I believe they have something like 6 wins since World War II. Seriously.