PDA

View Full Version : Texas named #1 football State in America, via ESPN!

ThEgReAtOnE
12-27-2006, 06:48 PM
ESPN says Texas is #1, hands down....

Texas IS No. 1 (http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/story?page=communityfbIP)

;)

NSStangs#1fan
12-27-2006, 07:42 PM
WOW! The rest of America finally figures out what we knew all along!!!

jakerz
12-27-2006, 07:44 PM
Not really a shocker...

Oklahoma comes in at 19, take away those Texas boys that play for OU and OSU then their ranking goes down to about 21-25 :p

ThEgReAtOnE
12-27-2006, 07:52 PM
WOW! The rest of America finally figures out what we knew all along!!!

Exactomundo!:D

ThEgReAtOnE
12-27-2006, 07:55 PM
Oklahoma comes in at 19, take away those Texas boys that play for OU and OSU then their ranking goes down to about 21-25 :p

Gotta agree, there, bro! I'm pro OU, primarily, because they continue to fold out Texas-rich Rosters and storied success.

TXFOOSBALL
12-27-2006, 08:07 PM
Gotta agree, there, bro! I'm pro OU, primarily, because they continue to fold out Texas-rich Rosters and storied success.

that is true

jrock210
12-27-2006, 08:09 PM

Texas IS No. 1 (http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/story?page=communityfbIP)

;)

Not really a shocker...

not a major suprise and i think out of florida and cali the hs teams r all scared to play SLC;) ...lol and jakerz made a really good pt....i mean OU's best player (Adrian Peterson) is even from TEXAS

dragonsfan
12-27-2006, 08:10 PM
Texas has more high school football teams than California and almost twice as many as most of the other top 10. That is an interesting statistic. Are California high schools larger than Texas high schools? Don't tell me there are high schools in America that don't have football teams! Oh, sorry Brock and Krum, I forgot about you.

wide-e-wide
12-27-2006, 08:11 PM
Let's not get too krunk...I mean this is the same network that proclaimed USC the greatest football team of all time. Not to mention crowning Reggie Bush as the new Gale Sayers. No wait.......they said BETTER than Gale Sayers didn't they?

Don't tell me to get over it.............I will never,ever,ever...let that one go.
We as Texans don't need ESPN's seal of approval.

BDB
12-27-2006, 08:14 PM
vermont just sucks........ at least alaska is hundreds of miles away, and tundra.......vermont is just woosy

jrock210
12-27-2006, 08:15 PM
Let's not get too krunk...I mean this is the same network that proclaimed USC the greatest football team of all time. Not to mention crowning Reggie Bush as the new Gale Sayers. No wait.......they said BETTER than Gale Sayers didn't they?

Don't tell me to get over it.............I will never,ever,ever...let that one go.
We as Texans don't need ESPN's seal of approval.

i know but its good for them to annuncre we r the best...but 2 pt somethings out...first Reggie Bush is a bust and he may have these great numbers if u want to call it that but Vince Young is better and more deserving of a heisman....oh and since Texas beat the great USC Trojans doesnt that make them the best ever???just curious

toddg
12-27-2006, 08:18 PM

;)

with a bullet! now everybody put your hands together and say "hell yeahhh"!!

caveman
12-27-2006, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the link!

jrock210
12-27-2006, 08:22 PM
with a bullet! now everybody put your hands together and say "hell yeahhh"!!

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okt0ber
12-27-2006, 08:39 PM
not a major suprise and i think out of florida and cali the hs teams r all scared to play SLC;) ...lol and jakerz made a really good pt....i mean OU's best player (Adrian Peterson) is even from TEXAS

Ya, some of those California schools have no football team. I don't think Hollywood High School has one.

toddg
12-27-2006, 08:44 PM
texas was always known to have the best RBs and linemen and now texas has the best QBs and WRs too.

ThEgReAtOnE
12-27-2006, 08:47 PM
texas was always known to have the best RBs and linemen and now texas has the best QBs and WRs too.

Oh, don't forget DB's!

DragonDad
12-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Since this is a Texas board... finally something we can all agree on! lol

BDB
12-27-2006, 08:53 PM
Oh, don't forget DB's!

STOP STEALING OUR PLAYERS!

tailgater
12-27-2006, 09:04 PM

Man Law. If you play HS FB in Texas - you must commit to a Texas School.

Oklahoma stole Adrian Peterson. OSU stole Bobby Reid.

Can you imagine them playing together at Texas (ok, ok- I'll say it) or even Texas A&M (Gulp!).

jakerz
12-27-2006, 09:08 PM

Can you imagine them playing together at Texas (ok, ok- I'll say it) or even Texas A&M (Gulp!).

Now...why would someone do that?!

Mr. Buddy Garrity
12-27-2006, 09:09 PM
Texas #1?? omfg! im shocked......:D

ThEgReAtOnE
12-27-2006, 09:48 PM

Adrian Peterson at Texas, with Cedric Benson (1 yr), then Jammal Charles, Selvin Young and Henry Melton? Absolutely not!

Bobby Reid at Texas, with Colt McCoy and Jevan Snead? Aint happening!

If all the Super-Stars of Texas HSFB stayed in Texas, the majority would either ride the pine at Texas, Texas A&M, TCU or Texas Tech...then the other Stars would pack Houston, Baylor, Rice, UNT, UTEP and SMU. Bro...the Stars aren't playing for 2nd Tier programs. They'll go to OU, FSU, USC, Miami, Florida, Georgia, LSU and Tennessee, first.

jakerz
12-27-2006, 09:49 PM
Adrian Peterson at Texas, with Cedric Benson (1 yr), then Jammal Charles, Selvin Young and Henry Melton? Absolutely not!

If all the Super-Stars of Texas HSFB stayed in Texas, the majority would either ride the pine at Texas, Texas A&M, TCU or Texas Tech...then the other Stars would pack Houston, Baylor, Rice, UNT, UTEP and SMU. Bro...the Stars aren't playing for 2nd Tier programs. They'll go to OU, FSU, USC, Miami, Florida, Georgia, LSU and Tennessee, first.

You just stated what already happens.

ThEgReAtOnE
12-27-2006, 09:57 PM
You just stated what already happens.

Exactly. The point of exacting Man Law, in order to bring about the "hoarding" of Texas athletes, into Texas-only colleges is a bit out there. Super-Stars want to play for Bigtime Programs.

I was just stating the obvious...though I think tailgater was just joking around.

NSStangs#1fan
12-27-2006, 10:04 PM

GO BOBBY GO!!!:D Sorry I couldn't help myself!

BDB
12-27-2006, 10:41 PM
Exactly. The point of exacting Man Law, in order to bring about the "hoarding" of Texas athletes, into Texas-only colleges is a bit out there. Super-Stars want to play for Bigtime Programs.

I was just stating the obvious...though I think tailgater was just joking around.

all texas teams should be big time programs....all it takes is a coupla defectors that dont fit the mold and say "hey, i signed with rice"

GridironJAC
12-27-2006, 11:58 PM

Just too much talent to hold into one state... This great state has been supplying America in many talents, in many areas.

Here's to the Lone Star State! ;)

ruffshod
12-28-2006, 12:08 AM

Actually, Texas didn't even approach him until Bomar changed his mind at the last minute.

tailgater
12-28-2006, 10:59 PM

You are right - I was just being facitious. And what you said is exactly right. The big time players want to play right away. I am ok with that. As big as the state of Texas is - there is not enought room for all the great players to go to the same schools. But hey - this makes it fun for us. We get to watch them grow up on Natl TV. Look at Drew Tate - He has matured right before our eyes. Bobby Reid just won himself a bowl game.

That is why I follow Texas HS football - we are witnessing future stars at bargain base prices. Texas HS FB - best ticket in town.

jrock210
12-29-2006, 01:23 AM
Actually, Texas didn't even approach him until Bomar changed his mined at the last minute.

BYE BYE BOMAR

PaulinPlano
12-29-2006, 08:54 AM

Well... we won 3 superbowls with a OK HS kid... so I suppose it's ok.;)

DragonPirate
12-29-2006, 01:18 PM
Well, I hope I represented Texas well. I don't consider myself an expert. Just a fan who loves watching football. I sent in some comments and they asked me to elaborate and this was the result:

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/story?page=communityfbTX
http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/story?id=2710564

ThEgReAtOnE
12-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Well, I hope I represented Texas well. I don't consider myself an expert. Just a fan who loves watching football. I sent in some comments and they asked me to elaborate and this was the result:

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/story?page=communityfbTX
http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/story?id=2710564

Bro...you should've posted this on a new thread. That was some excellent writing, and yes, you represented Texas very well. Congrats on getting your/our word out on ESPN.

Haha! You played Golf, attended a D-III school....and root for SLC! The irony of a Texan! :D

DragonPirate
12-29-2006, 01:28 PM
Fair enough sir.....you've inspired me to do that.

wide-e-wide
12-29-2006, 01:30 PM
This year you'll find Longhorns fans with droopy-eyed symptoms of tryptophan, but it's from the 12-7 beating they took at the hands of the Aggies, not because of holiday turkey. There aren't enough pick-up trucks in Texas to handle the excuses either.

Only aggy would refer to a 12-7 victory as a "beating".

wide-e-wide
12-29-2006, 01:31 PM
Between this and the "nut squeezing" aggy is trying it's damnedest to make sure the entire country thinks all Texans are hillbilly dorks.

ruffshod
12-29-2006, 03:16 PM

Yeah, but if they play for the other D! schools in Tx, then those schools would also rise to prominence. Besides, Four of those afore mentioned were bigtime programs prior to the demise of the SWC. And could be again.

toonman
12-29-2006, 03:18 PM
Confirms what everyone who posts on this forum already knows.

BDB
12-29-2006, 08:32 PM
Only aggy would refer to a 12-7 victory as a "beating".
these are the same people that call bible aggy vs. cult aggy a rivalry.

slorch
12-29-2006, 08:50 PM
The term " Cult aggy" is repetitive and unnessessary. Pleas use one word or the other, but not both, as they are pretty much synonomous.

wide-e-wide
12-29-2006, 09:11 PM
The term " Cult aggy" is repetitive and unnessessary. Pleas use one word or the other, but not both, as they are pretty much synonomous.

Kind of like "dumb aggy" right?

BDB
12-29-2006, 09:17 PM
noted and ashamed

PeterGibbons
12-29-2006, 09:38 PM
Texas has more high school football teams than California and almost twice as many as most of the other top 10. That is an interesting statistic. Are California high schools larger than Texas high schools? Don't tell me there are high schools in America that don't have football teams! Oh, sorry Brock and Krum, I forgot about you.

Believe it or not there are some Texas High Schools that don't have football teams.

Dog Will Hunt
12-29-2006, 10:40 PM

Yo, Less Than the great one, we got Darryl Royal. YE HAW!!!! ;)

BDB
12-29-2006, 10:48 PM

nice first post. welcome to the board.

slorch
12-29-2006, 11:06 PM
nice first post. welcome to the board.

I don't know why but that made me LMAO.:D

ThEgReAtOnE
12-29-2006, 11:47 PM

Point? Please elaborate.

Thanx for being you,
OnE

RickLattimer
12-30-2006, 05:12 AM
The ESPN article that I read said that Texas was first because of high school and college football. They rated the pro impact as #10, which makes sense. Houston doesn't have a professional football team, they have the Texans.

DragonBand06
12-30-2006, 05:14 AM
The ESPN article that I read said that Texas was first because of high school and college football. They rated the pro impact as #10, which makes sense. Houston doesn't have a professional football team, they have the Texans.
SLC could beat the Texans LOL...

DiamondJ2
12-30-2006, 11:54 AM
Texas players are more fundamentally sound from small school through big school than most states. It also helps to have athletic periods which most states do not.

brad@sunshinepreps
01-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Glad ESPUSCN got something right. Remember their count down to the greatest team ever the 2005 USC team. What a Joke. Thank you Vince for messing that up.

www.texaspreps.net

Matthew 2000 Eagle
01-02-2007, 06:30 AM
Word on the street is that Concha is on the first plane to Connecticut so he can protest this.

Matthew 2000 Eagle
01-02-2007, 06:32 AM
Well... we won 3 superbowls with a OK HS kid... so I suppose it's ok.;)

I keep forgetting that Aikman is from dirt-burglar territory (with all due respect to the great man Aikman is).