PDA

View Full Version : Longview has opened up their big mouth again!

Mr. Buddy Garrity
04-25-2005, 03:28 PM
http://pub4.bravenet.com/forum/292382005/show/640603

check out that site if you can. how ignorant to think a scrimmage is a real game. they better be worried about the PACK come playoff time. I hope Outlaw keeps the starters in the whole game this time. :mad:

wide-e-wide
04-25-2005, 03:56 PM
Isn't it a little early for all that?
Why are they so pre-occupied with Lufkin?
And bringing up a scrimmage game...that is weak...

dragonsdaddy
04-25-2005, 03:58 PM
that's some scintillating conversation, i must admit.

supercentex
04-25-2005, 03:59 PM
I think this is the year that Longview breaks that Lufkin curse. They are just too loaded to not win that game.

But, crazier things can happen. Lufkin and Longview might not even make it back to that game.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
04-25-2005, 04:29 PM
Isn't it a little early for all that?
Why are they so pre-occupied with Lufkin?
And bringing up a scrimmage game...that is weak...
They were sooooo happy last year when they so-called "beat" Lufkin. I swear I dislike Longview. I hope we play them after re-alignment. :mad:

I know one thing that Colbert is good at is running the score up on teams that talk too much out the side of their neck before and during the season----Baytown Lee this past season.

pack0808
04-25-2005, 04:43 PM
some of those longview fans should be embarrassed getting excited about a pointless and meaningless scrimmage game where you play 1 half and all of the players play including the 3rd and 4th string players. why would anybody be excited about that?? lufkin won in the real game last year that actually counted where the starters played 4 quarters. i have never in my life heard people get that excited about a practice aka scrimmage game?? it is beyond wacky to me. i know bleedgreen gets irritated with some of them. longview has another legit shot to win it all this year just like last year just like lufkin does but this is ridiculous.

dragonsdaddy
04-25-2005, 04:52 PM
ok pack, you're holding out on us now. just how many times in a row has lp beaten longview? maybe they consider that scrimmage as breaking the streak. you've got to get solace wherever you can.

LP-79
04-25-2005, 04:54 PM
Well you can tell it is just time for the spring drills. Everybody is undeafeted! All the people are talking smack. Longview's fans really want to beat Lufkin. It may happen when it counts, but watch out for the letdown the next week! Besides that you can't fumble 5 times again and win.

farmerfan
04-25-2005, 05:41 PM
I can understand how the lufkin fans might get upset, but just be glad they are talking about yall, the day no one cares to beat you is not very fun, as long as they are talking about ya, it means your one of the greats, the day it stops is when you guys should worry.

pack4life
04-25-2005, 06:19 PM
lol dont you guys just love those kind of longview fans?? the only one with any sense ive found is bleedgreen, cause he tells the truth about things. these other guys dont even know what they are saying... i guess that streak we've got going just goes in one ear and out the other..

Favpack
04-25-2005, 06:47 PM
DD - I believe the real streak stands at 9 - but it could be 10. PA0808 keeps the running tab on that baby.

The only thing I agree with on that forum is the dude that mentioned Lufkin should be in the Houston region. I agree with that - why would we play all our district games in the Houston area - then move north for the playoffs? Oh well - I guess someone has to make up the eastern region.

It just defies imagination that someone would consider a scrimmage a victory. I can't believe the majority of Lobos feel that way. C'mon - how many refs are at a scrimmage anyway?

Bootsdaddy
04-26-2005, 02:17 AM
I guess I'll pile on. At the real game at SFA last year I saw a kid wearing a "Road to the Title" t-shirt from Longview listing their wins up to the Lufkin matchup. The first thing listed was their big scrimmage victory over Lufkin

wide-e-wide
04-26-2005, 07:48 AM
Why in the world would you put a practice game score
on a t-shirt like that? They are really reaching...

c-lisle
04-26-2005, 08:14 AM
I think you should go check out the Longview website before you make any more assumptions. Lufkin fans are coming on Longview's site and harrassing people. Many of you Lufkin fans are saying you don't like Longview, well Longview fans could say the same about Lufkin. As for me, last year is over. I am looking forward to the rematch though. Put yourself in our shoes and you would get excited about any win too, even a scrimmage.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
04-26-2005, 08:22 AM
But a scrimmage means nothing...LOL

They probably would get excited about beating Lufkin Middle School in a scrimmage.

wide-e-wide
04-26-2005, 08:38 AM
I can't invision any scenario where Lufkin fans would brag about
a scrimmage game. Unless of course it was against the Patriots or
something...It's freakin' practice, gimme a break.

TheDuke
04-26-2005, 08:52 AM
Sounds to me like some Lobo fans are pretty upset about losing to the Pack once again! They sound like they would rather beat Lufkin then win State! You can tell Texas has some die hard fans if they are talking like that this early! :D

RP-3
04-26-2005, 09:05 AM
Hey guys not all Longview fans feel the way those guys feel on that sight. I just read it. To me its just a bunch of kids that don't have anything better to do. Because if you don't know the difference between what a scrimmage means and what a REAL game means, you don't know football. I am a true Lobo but when you have lost 9 games straight to one team, (LUFKIN) what is there to brag about? Honestly they are not even worth apologizing for, just know there are some Lobo fans that live in reality and know the difference between a meaningless scrimmage and a playoff game that will move you into the next round.

GO LOBOS 2005 !!!

pack0808
04-26-2005, 09:48 AM
thank you rp-3 that is well put. hey dragonsdaddy i do not know what you are talking about?? i do not keep up with winning streaks against teams. ;) i guess you could rub it in about winning 2 in a row vs my pack!! :)

TheDuke
04-26-2005, 11:17 AM
Ya well I have a feeling that the streak ends this year for Southlake!! :D :p

Mr. Buddy Garrity
04-26-2005, 11:57 AM
You must have read my mind.

c-lisle
04-26-2005, 01:09 PM
They were sooooo happy last year when they so-called "beat" Lufkin. I swear I dislike Longview. I hope we play them after re-alignment. :mad:

I know one thing that Colbert is good at is running the score up on teams that talk too much out the side of their neck before and during the season----Baytown Lee this past season.

Scooter, I think you are the one with the big mouth. The reason that post was made on lobosfootball.com is because lufkin fans were harrassing lobo fans on their own site. Since when did having goals become a bad thing anyways. Did PA Memorial even make the playoffs last year? Why are you even talking smack about Longview? You wouldn't stand a chance.

CoppellCowboy57
04-26-2005, 01:24 PM
WOW...just wow

Mr. Buddy Garrity
04-26-2005, 01:25 PM
Scooter, I think you are the one with the big mouth. The reason that post was made on lobosfootball.com is because lufkin fans were harrassing lobo fans on their own site. Since when did having goals become a bad thing anyways. Did PA Memorial even make the playoffs last year? Why are you even talking smack about Longview? You wouldn't stand a chance.
Yeah we did. We had the nation's best RB I think his name is Jamaal Charles I do believe. We would stand more of a chance beating Longview than Tyler Lee or Lufkin. It wouldn't be that much of an upset really in my opinion. Why don't you get yawls head man to put us on the schedule after re-alignment and shall see eh? We do have a slot open since we now are gonna try to play at least 2 East Texas teams in non-district. Hopefully Lufkin (which I think will happen) will be on there after re-alignment.

c-lisle
04-26-2005, 02:50 PM
Didn't PAM play Lee last year? If I remember correctly PAM got stomped. Longview beat Lee. So how is it you think PAM has a better chance of beating Longview. If Longview played PAM this season, Longview would win by 20+. It is no contest. Maybe we'll meet one day and find out.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
04-26-2005, 02:52 PM
Didn't PAM play Lee last year? If I remember correctly PAM got stomped. Longview beat Lee. So how is it you think PAM has a better chance of beating Longview. If Longview played PAM this season, Longview would win by 20+. It is no contest. Maybe we'll meet one day and find out.
Put an * by that whippin we got from Lee. Jamaal didn't play, not saying we would've won but it definitely would've been a closer game. Yeah I hope we meet too, long as its not a scrimmage...LOL (inside joke)......

dragonsdaddy
04-26-2005, 04:44 PM
you better take your a game to any lview scrimmage, or suffer the slings and arrows of their t-shirts.

KT2000
04-26-2005, 05:06 PM
I don't even know where to start as far as bragging about a scrimmage win goes. That is a new low.

I'm not going to paint all Longview fans with that same brush though. I know there are sane Lobo fans out there.

stevefoxsc
04-26-2005, 05:55 PM
wow talkin poo already!

wide-e-wide
04-26-2005, 06:23 PM
you better take your a game to any lview scrimmage, or suffer the slings and arrows of their t-shirts.

Let me guess...this year Longview fans will be sporting green t-shirts,
with "unfinished business" on the back?
Wow...that's original.

lonny23
04-26-2005, 08:15 PM

If the Mean Green match up against Barney and Friends in the playoffs, I'll go this year. I hate to admit it, but Lufkin is still better than Longview because they have better coaching. The Lobos might have better talent some years, but never better coaching.

lonny23
04-26-2005, 08:22 PM
In a forum, no place is sacred. Until the Lobos beat Lufkin, the fans can talk all the trash they want, even on a Longview board.

Scooter has to root for Lufkin because he's so disgruntled with PAM. I hope they go 0-10 just to see what he'll say and do. He already wants to go on TV, start petitions, take out ads on the radio and everything! :D

KLH75287
04-26-2005, 10:56 PM
I won't even get into the scrimmage thing, or the fact they put that on their T-shirts. It seems everybody is out or The Pack.

I drove down from Dallas to work this week in the Conroe / Woodlands area, and have already been told how these boys are going to get their revenge on LP for running the table on them last year. I specifically mentioned that we were used to district rivals coming after us, but never mentioned the 9-0 run against L'view.

Maybe in the morning I will bring that up :D

GO PACK IN '05

Mr. Buddy Garrity
04-27-2005, 09:03 AM
In a forum, no place is sacred. Until the Lobos beat Lufkin, the fans can talk all the trash they want, even on a Longview board.

Scooter has to root for Lufkin because he's so disgruntled with PAM. I hope they go 0-10 just to see what he'll say and do. He already wants to go on TV, start petitions, take out ads on the radio and everything! :D
We'll never go 0-10, thats just not possible with that program. Even Colbert wouldn't go 0-10. our worse record has been 6-4. this year I really think we'll go probably 8-2, possibly 9-1. We're winning district again, probably undefeated.

pack0808
04-27-2005, 09:22 AM
If the Mean Green match up against Barney and Friends in the playoffs, I'll go this year. I hate to admit it, but Lufkin is still better than Longview because they have better coaching. The Lobos might have better talent some years, but never better coaching.

barney and friends?? ok?? if barney and friends can go 50-7 in the past 4 seasons with 2 state semi appearances and a state championship by all means call the pack barney and friends?? :rolleyes: so should we call judson strawberry shortcake and friends?? :)

oh and i keep hearing that longview had more talent then lufkin in the past few years by some people even though lufkin won all of the games and it was the coaching that was the difference. news flash **** lufkin has had 11 div1 players in the last 2 years and they are tied with lamarque for most div1 signees in the state in that time span. longview has had 3 or 4 div1 signees in the past 2 years. case in point!! the less talented argument absolutely holds no water. you cannot get much more talented then 11 div1 signees and 18 total college scholarships in only 2 years.

lonny23
04-29-2005, 05:58 PM
We'll never go 0-10, thats just not possible with that program. Even Colbert wouldn't go 0-10. our worse record has been 6-4. this year I really think we'll go probably 8-2, possibly 9-1. We're winning district again, probably undefeated.
If you think you're going 8-2 or 9-1 I have to ask a question. Why are you so disgruntled? Is it because you want them to win so bad or because you view them having too much talent to not really contend for state titles?

lonny23
04-29-2005, 06:03 PM
barney and friends?? ok?? if barney and friends can go 50-7 in the past 4 seasons with 2 state semi appearances and a state championship by all means call the pack barney and friends?? :rolleyes: so should we call judson strawberry shortcake and friends?? :)

oh and i keep hearing that longview had more talent then lufkin in the past few years by some people even though lufkin won all of the games and it was the coaching that was the difference. news flash **** lufkin has had 11 div1 players in the last 2 years and they are tied with lamarque for most div1 signees in the state in that time span. longview has had 3 or 4 div1 signees in the past 2 years. case in point!! the less talented argument absolutely holds no water. you cannot get much more talented then 11 div1 signees and 18 total college scholarships in only 2 years.
Ol' Strawberry has some pretty good shows. I don't like the smart-aleck horse, but I watch the show with my girls.

Hey, I was in the mood to make a play on Lufkin's colors. I've called SLC Puff the Magic Dragon before but wasn't ever trying to offend anybody. Truthfully, I like Lufkin's colors and uniforms.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-02-2005, 09:08 AM
If you think you're going 8-2 or 9-1 I have to ask a question. Why are you so disgruntled? Is it because you want them to win so bad or because you view them having too much talent to not really contend for state titles?I didn't understand that question but really we do have a lot of talent to work with if we get the right coach in there to make it work.

CoppellCowboy57
05-02-2005, 01:40 PM
Silly Longvieweans...idk if thats what y'all are called, i know in Coppell we call our selfs, native Coppelians

ALLIN
05-02-2005, 02:32 PM

It is easy to be right when this exact statement has been said for 3 years now. Sooner or later you guys will be right. And then you can say see I told ya! Hopefully later than sooner, it is kinda fun.

NewSherriffInTown
05-02-2005, 02:39 PM
Can someone list Longview's record and round of playoffs they have ended their season in for each of the past 10 years....I've heard of Longview for a long time way up here in NY, but do they ever win the state title??

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-02-2005, 02:46 PM
Can someone list Longview's record and round of playoffs they have ended their season in for each of the past 10 years....I've heard of Longview for a long time way up here in NY, but do they ever win the state title??
No they don't win because they end up running into the PACK!

pack0808
05-02-2005, 03:19 PM
they won one a long long time ago but they almost always have a very good team that is capable of beating anybody anywhere. i think they are very capable of going all the way this year but they have to beat lufkin to get there.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-02-2005, 03:27 PM
they won one a long long time ago but they almost always have a very good team that is capable of beating anybody anywhere. i think they are very capable of going all the way this year but they have to beat lufkin to get there.
Which wont happen. Is there anyway that Outlaw cannot have the freaking game against SLC----in WACO?! dang it, they're cursed there. 2 losses in WACO that I can remember, and a loss to WACO in the playoffs. might wanna flip the coin for say---Rose eh?

dragonfootballfan
05-02-2005, 03:51 PM
Which wont happen. Is there anyway that Outlaw cannot have the freaking game against SLC----in WACO?! dang it, they're cursed there. 2 losses in WACO that I can remember, and a loss to WACO in the playoffs. might wanna flip the coin for say---Rose eh?
but then he would risk coming to Dragon Stadium. I don't think he would want to do that

c-lisle
05-02-2005, 04:18 PM

We won the big dance way back in 1937. We reached the state title game in 1998, but fell way short to Katy. etsupersite.com has a record of every season Lonview has ever had. Go to the home page, look about 3/4 down the page and click on the Longview link.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-02-2005, 04:24 PM
but then he would risk coming to Dragon Stadium. I don't think he would want to do that
Naw, I think Dodge would go for Texas Stadium and Outlaw would go for Rose. Seems logical right?

c-lisle
05-02-2005, 04:25 PM
Last year we reached regionals and lost a heartbreaker to our cuddly purple friends in Lufkin.

pack0808
05-02-2005, 04:41 PM
something does not sound right when a longview fan calls the hated panthers cuddly purple friends. i am not going to lie though. i cheer for longview when they are not playing lufkin. i like their style of play. i still hate their guts when the panthers play them though.

Bootsdaddy
05-02-2005, 10:17 PM
something does not sound right when a longview fan calls the hated panthers cuddly purple friends. i am not going to lie though. i cheer for longview when they are not playing lufkin. i like their style of play. i still hate their guts when the panthers play them though.

Great running team but the lack of a passing game really hurt them against lufkin in the second half at SFA.

pack4life
05-02-2005, 10:37 PM
A big difference with this year is they have no Malcom Kelley to bust them out of those 3rd and longs...

lonny23
05-03-2005, 02:16 AM
1937 is the Lobos only title. Katy beat them for the title in 1997 and Longview had a great team in the mid-70's. They've been good for a long time, but never get over the top.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-03-2005, 08:01 AM
1937 is the Lobos only title. Katy beat them for the title in 1997 and Longview had a great team in the mid-70's. They've been good for a long time, but never get over the top.
Yeah, over the top of the PACK.

PackAttack2005
05-03-2005, 08:32 AM
I remember those Lobos of the early 70's, they were tough. Lobo power sweep, you knew it was coming but you couldn't stop it. By the fourth quarter they had you so worn down on defense you couldn't do anything to slow them down. That is why I still don't care for them today, they rolled over Lufkin for years in the 70's, 80's and early 90's and I remember how they would never let us forget how many times they beat us. They gloated and rub it in our faces, so you see, now when the worm has turned they have become defensive and resentful about Lufkin winning 9 games in a row in only 6 years against them. Frankly, I am gald we are not in the same district any longer, that way they know the only way to meet us is in the third round of the playoffs and if they or we don't make it that far, it just adds to their frustration. :cool:

RP-3
05-03-2005, 09:25 AM

Unfortunately NewSherriff, Longview hasn't won a championship since 1937. Trust me the drought is killing us.

Scooter, I know you don't have much love for Longview but I have to agree with you, yes we keep running into the PACK.

GO LOBOS 2005 !!!

pack0808
05-03-2005, 09:38 AM
correct me if i am wrong but did not longview go into the championship game against katy as the clear favorite by most?? then katy handed it to them

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-03-2005, 09:45 AM
correct me if i am wrong but did not longview go into the championship game against katy as the clear favorite by most?? then katy handed it to them
That is correct sir.

c-lisle
05-03-2005, 10:07 AM
I remember those Lobos of the early 70's, they were tough. Lobo power sweep, you knew it was coming but you couldn't stop it. By the fourth quarter they had you so worn down on defense you couldn't do anything to slow them down. That is why I still don't care for them today, they rolled over Lufkin for years in the 70's, 80's and early 90's and I remember how they would never let us forget how many times they beat us. They gloated and rub it in our faces, so you see, now when the worm has turned they have become defensive and resentful about Lufkin winning 9 games in a row in only 6 years against them. Frankly, I am gald we are not in the same district any longer, that way they know the only way to meet us is in the third round of the playoffs and if they or we don't make it that far, it just adds to their frustration. :cool:

Since we are talking about the past. Longview had a record of 14-2-2 against Lufkin during the 80's and early 90's. So I guess your current streak is alright.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-03-2005, 11:05 AM
Since we are talking about the past. Longview had a record of 14-2-2 against Lufkin during the 80's and early 90's. So I guess your current streak is alright.
Looks like the PACK is gonna top that..LOL

pack0808
05-03-2005, 11:26 AM

yeah lufkin's record has changed against many teams since coach outlaw arrived. 9 in a row and still counting. 10 in a row sounds a lot better. ;)

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-03-2005, 11:28 AM
yeah lufkin's record has changed against many teams since coach outlaw arrived. 9 in a row and still counting. 10 in a row sounds a lot better. ;)
Don't worry. It WILL happen. I wonder if they can get 10 more afterwards. :confused:

c-lisle
05-03-2005, 11:59 AM

10 in a row ain't gonna happen. Longview is sick of losing to Lufkin and this year it stops. I feel more passionate about this than I do a state championship. The season is successful in my eyes as long as we defeat Lufkin.

Hornified64
05-03-2005, 12:01 PM

New Sheriff.....

Here's the info that you've requested....

The Last 10 years:

1995.....7-3 (No Playoffs)
1996.....9-4 (Lost in 3rd Round)
1997.....14-1 (State Finalist)
1998.....7-3 (No playoffs)
1999.....4-6 (No playoffs) Replace Robert Bero
2000.....3-7 (No playoffs) Pat Collins New HC
2001.....7-5 (Lost in 2nd Round)
2002.....10-4 (Lost in 4th Round) 3 OF 4 losses to Lufkin
2003.....7-4 (Lost in 1st round)
2004.....12-1 (Lost in 3rd round) John King promoted to HC...Collins to AD only

Just wanted to give the answer you were seeking INSTEAD of all
the chest pounding. ;)

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-03-2005, 01:21 PM
10 in a row ain't gonna happen. Longview is sick of losing to Lufkin and this year it stops. I feel more passionate about this than I do a state championship. The season is successful in my eyes as long as we defeat Lufkin.
LOL! Well at least yall will win district. But beating LP---not gonna happen.

LP-79
05-03-2005, 03:33 PM
If they play again this year I will be there. I am just wondering where they will play though? Homer Bryce Stadium at SFA was not big enough last year! Holy Toledo you had to get to game 7 hours early to stand a chance of getting a seat!

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-03-2005, 03:59 PM
If they play again this year I will be there. I am just wondering where they will play though? Homer Bryce Stadium at SFA was not big enough last year! Holy Toledo you had to get to game 7 hours early to stand a chance of getting a seat!
It might cost a lil money but the Astrodome would be a nice venue or reliant stadium.

c-lisle
05-03-2005, 04:18 PM
I thought the atmosphere at the game was awesome. If you move to a big stadium it will take that away. Plus SFA is between our cities and it made it convenient for more people to go. If we meet again there will be even more people and maybe both inzones will fill up.

wide-e-wide
05-03-2005, 04:33 PM
Better bring your own food...
It was like Grand Central Station down there...
took me 20 minutes to get some freakin' nachos...

Favpack
05-03-2005, 04:49 PM
Would somebody please drag BleedGreen over to this new forum - where's dat boy at anyhow? He's not a part-timer is he?

dragonsdaddy
05-03-2005, 05:02 PM
i wondered the same thing. his wisdom would be appreciated by one and most.

Bootsdaddy
05-03-2005, 10:23 PM

They are not scheduled. Unless you mean Scrimmage Bowl 2005. Dont feel bad-last year when Humble scored on our 4th stringers in the scrimmage at Abe Martin in the last seconds they celebrated like they had won state.

NewSherriffInTown
05-04-2005, 12:04 AM
Oh okay...

well they aren't as great as I thought they were, but still seem like underachivers to me. I'm pulling for them this year.

Bootsdaddy
05-04-2005, 12:15 AM
I dont know if underachievers is quite accurate. Despite teams like Converse Judson, Odessa Permian, Katy, and Southlake Carroll that have won multiple championships its not an easy task. Lufkin and Longview have been playing football for almost 100 years and they both have one title. I'm glad Lufkin's was in 2001. Sixty-eight years is a long time (1937-2005). That's getting to be almost Red Sox like. Especially since their biggest rivals Lufkin, Tyler Lee (2004), Tyler John Tyler (1994), and Marshall (1990) have all won one in the last 15 years.

pack0808
05-04-2005, 10:12 AM
yeah and if were not for those stupid slc dragons lufkin could have 3 titles in 4 years. ;)

KLH75287
05-05-2005, 06:29 PM
I miss my buddy Bleedgreen too.

With Mr. Mcgee coming out of the backfield this year with a serious attitude, the need for Kelley on 3rd and longs may not exist. This kid is the real deal. He is going to be a handful for any D that shows up on Friday nights or Saturday afternoons.

LP coaches get it done again this year if they meet though, and The Streak continues.

GO PACK IN '05

c-lisle
05-10-2005, 01:25 PM
I miss my buddy Bleedgreen too.

With Mr. Mcgee coming out of the backfield this year with a serious attitude, the need for Kelley on 3rd and longs may not exist. This kid is the real deal. He is going to be a handful for any D that shows up on Friday nights or Saturday afternoons.

LP coaches get it done again this year if they meet though, and The Streak continues.

GO PACK IN '05

Unfortunately for Lufkin the coaches can't stop Mcgee and company, the players must do it. They didn't stop our running game last year....take away the fumbles(which we will) and you have a lop-sided Longview win.

wide-e-wide
05-10-2005, 01:36 PM
Take away my grandfather's equipment and he was my grandmother.
What's your point?

c-lisle
05-10-2005, 01:41 PM
The point is that coaching will do Lufkin no good in stopping Longview's running game this year.

wide-e-wide
05-10-2005, 01:46 PM
Okay...while you are predicting the future...
Could you possibly run down the lotto number for
the next few months, the world series winner, the
super bowl, and every horse racing event for the
next 10 years. Since you have Biff's sports almanac
and know the outcome of every game before it happens...
why not let everyone else prosper?

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-10-2005, 02:31 PM
Okay...while you are predicting the future...
Could you possibly run down the lotto number for
the next few months, the world series winner, the
super bowl, and every horse racing event for the
next 10 years. Since you have Biff's sports almanac
and know the outcome of every game before it happens...
why not let everyone else prosper?
LMAO! {i'm spitting my coke all over my computer!) That was funny. McGee is good don't get me wrong but he's not a say--Jamaal Charles---(Can single-handedly take over a game---see what happened to the state finalist huh? (402 yards rushing 48-41 win)}

c-lisle
05-10-2005, 03:48 PM
LMAO! {i'm spitting my coke all over my computer!) That was funny. McGee is good don't get me wrong but he's not a say--Jamaal Charles---(Can single-handedly take over a game---see what happened to the state finalist huh? (402 yards rushing 48-41 win)}

And how far did Charles take PAM into the playoffs ( in a predominantly weak region and district)? Also, I bet Charles was their only offensive threat when Longview has many offensive threats. Vondrell CAN take over a game. Against Marshall (4a D1 State Finalist) he had over 200 yds in the second half alone. We were losing at halftime in the first game of the season and he took over. Anyone can tell you he can take over a game. I'm sorry but Longview plays much better teams than PAM. You really can't compare Jamaal to Vondrell unless Jamaal played against the same competition.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
05-10-2005, 04:34 PM
And how far did Charles take PAM into the playoffs ( in a predominantly weak region and district)? Also, I bet Charles was their only offensive threat when Longview has many offensive threats. Vondrell CAN take over a game. Against Marshall (4a D1 State Finalist) he had over 200 yds in the second half alone. We were losing at halftime in the first game of the season and he took over. Anyone can tell you he can take over a game. I'm sorry but Longview plays much better teams than PAM. You really can't compare Jamaal to Vondrell unless Jamaal played against the same competition.
True in a SMALL way.

ktCarl
05-10-2005, 07:01 PM
True in a SMALL way.

Sometimes players are good no matter what their competition is. Since Jamaal played in a weaker region or district doesn't mean he's not as good or even better than Vondrell. (Showing my age here) I remember a running back from, at the time, a 2A school in Sealy eventually tear up the NFL. He was a lot better than most/all of the 5A and 4A running backs from Texas in his high school graduating class.

pack4life
05-10-2005, 07:05 PM
And if you would like to elaborate on that

See: Adrian Peterson

Katyexrb29
05-10-2005, 07:48 PM
And if you would like to elaborate on that

See: Adrian Peterson

Can't be any more true.

pack0808
05-11-2005, 09:19 AM
rodney thomas was one of the best texas running backs ever and he was from a little east texas town called groveton. he went onto have a successful nfl career.

c-lisle
05-11-2005, 10:53 AM
Sure there are exceptions. However, even the guys mentioned, while they would still be dominating, might not have the outrageous numbers had they played against bigger, faster, better all round defenses.

pack0808
05-11-2005, 11:25 AM
that is true!

ktCarl
05-11-2005, 07:30 PM
Sure there are exceptions. However, even the guys mentioned, while they would still be dominating, might not have the outrageous numbers had they played against bigger, faster, better all round defenses.
I'll agree to agree with you. Maybe Jamaal would've had 200-300yds less in your district for a season total. But ya never know. My earlier comment was about Eric Dickerson who dominated defenses in college and the NFL (one or two seasons being the NFL rushing champ) after leaving a 2A program.

Texas Hammer
05-11-2005, 07:37 PM
They should play at Baylor or A&M. They owe it to the fans to get a place with enough seats.

Texas Hammer
05-11-2005, 07:38 PM
I have a better one. Rent Independence Stadium and it's less travel for both teams. The Lobos should want that since they usually win in Shreveport.

c-lisle
05-11-2005, 09:44 PM
I have a better one. Rent Independence Stadium and it's less travel for both teams. The Lobos should want that since they usually win in Shreveport.

Not a bad idea. Longview fills their side when we play Evangel.

wide-e-wide
05-11-2005, 10:06 PM
Plus it is a good excuse to get the wife to let me go to the casino.

Bootsdaddy
05-11-2005, 10:43 PM

How is Shreveport (110 miles from lufkin) less travel than Nacogdoches (20 miles from Lufkin). Nacogdoches is between Lufkin and Longview. Sure, the parking was horrible and I had to sit in the grass behind the endzone but everyone who wanted to see the game got to see it.

That endzone view is horrible. I'd hate to have season tix for a pro or college team with that view!

wide-e-wide
05-11-2005, 10:54 PM
Your right...that view is no bueno. And just think people in
Green Bay pay good money to have those seats year after year...in the snow...
I think I would just have to show my support by watching on
TV.

lonny23
05-14-2005, 07:50 AM
How is Shreveport (110 miles from lufkin) less travel than Nacogdoches (20 miles from Lufkin). Nacogdoches is between Lufkin and Longview. Sure, the parking was horrible and I had to sit in the grass behind the endzone but everyone who wanted to see the game got to see it.

That endzone view is horrible. I'd hate to have season tix for a pro or college team with that view!
The discussion is not about playing in Nacogdoches, which is between the cities, but a lot closer to Lufkin. Shreveport is better than playing in Waco or at A&M.

Texas Hammer
05-14-2005, 08:37 AM
I never mentioned Tyler as a place because Rose Stadium is also too small. Longview-Lufkin is too big of a game to be played at a small stadium.

The_BreezeLP
07-08-2005, 04:15 PM
I agree with you on that one Duke. SLC falls this yearGO Panthers

drgnbkr
07-08-2005, 05:10 PM
Bring it.....

myround0
07-08-2005, 09:01 PM

sCOOTER...NAME YOUR TEAM, DON'T HIDE, NAME YOUR TEAM, THIS WAY IF THEY SQUARE OFF AGAINST LONGVIEW WE CAN SEE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY WHEN THE GAME IS OVER

drgnbkr
07-08-2005, 09:32 PM
Three letters...PAM

PackAttack2005
07-08-2005, 09:41 PM
Scooter's team is PA Memorial. Lufkin seems to be a second favorite for some reason, maybe he lived in Lufkin once or he has relatives here, I don't know.

KT2000
07-09-2005, 02:25 PM
Scooter aint dumb. He's got PA Memorial at #1, and if things go wrong there Colbert is the fall guy and then he becomes Lufkin's biggest fan :D . If things go well for PAM, he's got his main school to cheer for but he can also support Lufkin since the two teams don't play. It's all about keeping your options open people.

Hornified64
07-09-2005, 04:10 PM
Scooter aint dumb. He's got PA Memorial at #1, and if things go wrong there Colbert is the fall guy and then he becomes Lufkin's biggest fan :D . If things go well for PAM, he's got his main school to cheer for but he can also support Lufkin since the two teams don't play. It's all about keeping your options open people.

KT2000

As a matter of fact....PAM and Lufkin do play one another this
season. I believe it's the same date that Tyler Lee travels to
Ohio to face Colerain....September 9,2005.

That was the "original" schedule date of the REL-Lufkin tilt that
was to have been played before Lee opted to travel up north.

Anyway....it would appear that Scooter will win on that night
either way.

KT2000
07-09-2005, 04:39 PM
Ah, thanks for that. Forgot about that one. The board might implode that week.

myround0
07-09-2005, 08:59 PM
Three letters...PAM

Scooter is down with PAM. The same PAM Tyler Lee trounced 41-0, and even worse they had like 60 total yards against Tyler Lee. Wow, you are a brave man.

pack0808
07-10-2005, 02:08 AM
but he is going to tell you that was without j charles!! :) he will tell you that pam would have won 42-41 if they had charles. :rolleyes: pam was 6-5 last year and at least 2 of the losses came with j charles in the lineup but do not remind scooter. lmao

Mr. Buddy Garrity
07-11-2005, 10:03 AM
but he is going to tell you that was without j charles!! :) he will tell you that pam would have won 42-41 if they had charles. :rolleyes: pam was 6-5 last year and at least 2 of the losses came with j charles in the lineup but do not remind scooter. lmaoJamaal would've had 200-300 yards against them.....LOL I lived in Lufkin during the summer months of High School.

pack0808
07-11-2005, 10:16 AM
lol scooter!! i enjoy teasing you.

bleedgreen
07-13-2005, 01:11 AM
scooter----you hurt my feelings by saying that you can't stand Longview. what's up with that??? we would be more than happy to face PAM whenever you want, brother. tell your coaches to contact the LISD and let's see if we can get a non-district series set up for the future. man, that comment hurt!! never heard me bad-mouth PAM one time......as for the scrimmage, that game doesn't mean crap!! it's a scrimmage between 2 great programs to make adjustments for the REAL games. that's one reason that i didn't buy one of those t-shirts last season. didn't want anyone laughing at me from behind--LOL....as for Longview/Lufkin, we don't have a leg to stand on---NINE times in a row??? we can't talk any smack until we overcome that obstacle. people are so pre-occupied with Lufkin in this town because we have lost so many times to them. me on the other hand, i just hope that we get the chance to meet up with them in the post-season. of course i would like to win, but if not, to make it that deep in the playoffs is one hell of a good season!

Mr. Buddy Garrity
07-13-2005, 07:41 AM
LOL-----I think Colbert is confused. He'll play Lufkin but not Longview. I don't know about this guy. I think he's a very confused man right now.

pack0808
07-13-2005, 08:27 AM
bleedgreen!! i thought you vanished?? good to have you back my friend. the trash talking has even continued over the summer. ;)

bleedgreen
07-13-2005, 11:32 AM
good to be back brother----been really busy with school(transferred from the ADN nursing degree at Kilgore to the BSN degree at UT-Tyler), divorce, playing alot of ball(traveling almost every weekend)......have the rest of the summer off with my daughter(summer visitation)..taking it easy for a change. decided to catch back up on some 5A Texas football....i see Vondrell getting around 3,000 this season....man, for Texas to have him as a commit and Charles already there, the Longhorns should have no problem in the running game over the next few years.....

Mr. Buddy Garrity
07-13-2005, 11:36 AM
good to be back brother----been really busy with school(transferred from the ADN nursing degree at Kilgore to the BSN degree at UT-Tyler), divorce, playing alot of ball(traveling almost every weekend)......have the rest of the summer off with my daughter(summer visitation)..taking it easy for a change. decided to catch back up on some 5A Texas football....i see Vondrell getting around 3,000 this season....man, for Texas to have him as a commit and Charles already there, the Longhorns should have no problem in the running game over the next few years.....I think it's about time that Texas gets back to that good ol' power football style. I hope they beat UO by 70+! :mad:

bleedgreen
07-13-2005, 11:49 AM
i'll just be happy with a 1 point win over OU.......................

pack0808
07-13-2005, 12:24 PM
good to be back brother----been really busy with school(transferred from the ADN nursing degree at Kilgore to the BSN degree at UT-Tyler), divorce, playing alot of ball(traveling almost every weekend)......have the rest of the summer off with my daughter(summer visitation)..taking it easy for a change. decided to catch back up on some 5A Texas football....i see Vondrell getting around 3,000 this season....man, for Texas to have him as a commit and Charles already there, the Longhorns should have no problem in the running game over the next few years.....

sorry to hear about the divorce. i also went through a time when i did not post for almost 2 months because of a new position at work that required a lot of my time. i have it down now so i have more time post in here lol you sound like you are busy man these days. welcome back