PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs

Pages : 1 2 [3]

jrock210
04-21-2007, 12:25 PM
I want some of that action!:p

I already got an avatar bet with him so you might want a sig bet if it's not for money :D

lonny23
04-21-2007, 05:16 PM
If you had to work with Crawford, do you think you would like him? I doubt other refs will think much about it. They probably think Crawford had it coming.
Some people think the Philly connection will support him. Many probably look to him as a mentor.

There's no way Steve Javie, a member of the Philly Connection, would take it out on the Spurs. Spurs fans absolutely adore Steve Javie!:p

T-ROCK
04-21-2007, 05:30 PM
Watch the game tape or any Spurs game tape and check out the stuff Duncan does during games. He doesn't get T'd up much, but he does a lot of puppy dog looks, palms up, and questions/gripes/complaints about calls and non-calls. I'm not trying to single him out, because every star in the NBA is looking to get calls.

...and I do the firing around here!:D

He is a superstar and like Jordon can get away with allot. I think Crawford is an total A*^, and they should have banned the guy forever. I feel that Tim should have the say if this guy is to ever come back. The Spurs were trying to catch the Suns at the time and probabaly would have won the game if not for Crawford.

jrock210
04-21-2007, 08:00 PM
He is a superstar and like Jordon can get away with allot. I think Crawford is an total A*^, and they should have banned the guy forever. I feel that Tim should have the say if this guy is to ever come back. The Spurs were trying to catch the Suns at the time and probabaly would have won the game if not for Crawford.

We might have caught the Suns but after the Dallas game (if we would have won) we didn't play our starters so you know. Anything can happen.

jrock210
04-23-2007, 07:47 AM
As I said depending on Game 1 the Spurs will take it in 4 or 5 :D.

jrock210
04-30-2007, 07:31 AM
Ok so Mavs are down 3-1 Sprus are up 2-1 (Spurs game tonite of course) predictions people we need them! :D

Mac Is Back
04-30-2007, 07:56 AM
Ok so Mavs are down 3-1 Sprus are up 2-1 (Spurs game tonite of course) predictions people we need them! :D

Game 4 is a huge tossup. It depends on how the Spurs set the tone in the early going - taking Denver out early will be key.

Mavs will fall in 6. Could easily be 5, but I see them surviving Game 5.

PaulinPlano
04-30-2007, 08:46 AM
I am thinking 5.

I am still thinking 5. Spurs are a great road team and the defense is playing very well. Iverson looks like a mouse looking for cheese out there!:D

jrock210
04-30-2007, 09:57 AM
I am still thinking 5. Spurs are a great road team and the defense is playing very well. Iverson looks like a mouse looking for cheese out there!:D

Same here. Read my early prediction I said Spurs in 4 or 5 depending on the first game.

PaulinPlano
04-30-2007, 10:07 AM
Same here. Read my early prediction I said Spurs in 4 or 5 depending on the first game.

I saw your post on that prediction. Darn game does not start until 9:30 tonight!:mad:

Mac Is Back
04-30-2007, 10:51 PM

50-42 Nuggs lead at Half. Some horrendous officiating already marring the first half of this one. My current beefs:

1) No fouls for TD. He's getting doubleteamed and hammered each time he drives and has just 2 free throws to show for it.

2) Spurs not driving into the lane. We're settling for jumpshots and unfortunately the ones we have open aren't falling. The Nuggets however are getting just about everything to go down. I can't blame Duncan because he's getting hacked frequently with no results and it's inefficient to keep trying unless he can get some free throws.

On the bright side, Anthony is finally getting called for the offensive fouls he often commits. But unless the Spurs can capitalize on that and get him out for most of the second half, they will not win Game 4.

CKE
04-30-2007, 11:00 PM
yeah the refs and stern clearly do not want the spurs to win this one

jrock210
05-01-2007, 07:16 AM
Hahahahaha it ended at 12:30. I watched all of it and started going crazy after the Horry 3. Now anyone that thinks Pop is making bad decisions when he brings Ginobili off he bench I must say look at the excitement he brings to the floor :eek: look at the points he contributes :eek: and look at the final score :eek:

Reaganrattler07
05-01-2007, 06:08 PM
yeah the refs and stern clearly do not want the spurs to win this one

It must be that a-hole Peter Holt....I mean, c'mon! Stern is pushing them with his thumb!

jrock210
05-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Once again this game is a must win for Denver :eek: and (I gots to say it) Another must win for Dallas :D

Mac Is Back
05-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Once again this game is a must win for Denver :eek: and (I gots to say it) Another must win for Dallas :D

Dallas is going down tomorrow. And Denver is going down tonight.

SA over Denver in 5
GS over Dallas in 6
Houston over Utah in 6
Phoenix over LA in 5

Chicago over Detroit in 6
Cleveland over NJ in 7

SA over Phoenix in 6
Houston over GS in 7

SA over Houston in 6

Chicago over Cleveland in 7

SA over Chicago in 6

Let's see how I fare.

PaulinPlano
05-02-2007, 09:40 PM

SA over Denver in 5
GS over Dallas in 6
Houston over Utah in 6
Phoenix over LA in 5

Cleveland over NJ in 7

SA over Phoenix in 6
Houston over GS in 7

SA over Houston in 6

SA over Chicago in 6

Let's see how I fare.

That is a bold statement!:D I am going to hold off another week before I say the Spurs will have hang a 4th banner. Right now, it looks like it!:)

jrock210
05-03-2007, 07:23 AM
Bold Move but I like the enthusiasm about it all. I don't know who else watched the postpre game show yesterday but Charles Barkley said this " I don't see anyone beating them 4 times in 7 games. The Spurs WILL win the NBA Title." I know Barkley is a huge Ginobili fan but still another broadcaster agreed so me likey :D

Mac Is Back
05-03-2007, 08:34 AM
Bold Move but I like the enthusiasm about it all. I don't know who else watched the postpre game show yesterday but Charles Barkley said this " I don't see anyone beating them 4 times in 7 games. The Spurs WILL win the NBA Title." I know Barkley is a huge Ginobili fan but still another broadcaster agreed so me likey :D

Well, remember what Chuck said about Dallas? After they won Game 2 he said they wouldn't lose again in the series.

But he's a rare miss on the Spurs. :D

jrock210
05-03-2007, 09:13 AM
Well, remember what Chuck said about Dallas? After they won Game 2 he said they wouldn't lose again in the series.

But he's a rare miss on the Spurs. :D

Ya I know but EVERYONE said Dallas would take the series in 4. The only chance to take it is in 7 :D

Mac Is Back
05-03-2007, 05:50 PM
That is a bold statement!:D I am going to hold off another week before I say the Spurs will have hang a 4th banner. Right now, it looks like it!:)

If the Spurs can a) continue playing they have been in Games 3-5, and if Dallas gets eliminated, then I'd say they have a huge chance of winning it. If Dallas pulls off the comeback and the Spurs meet them in the WCF, they still have a chance but it's definitely slimmer. If nothing else, Golden State is exposing the Mavs' weaknesses for all potential opponents to see.

CKE
05-03-2007, 05:56 PM
spurs in 4.....calling it

Reaganrattler07
05-03-2007, 07:40 PM

SA over Denver in 5
GS over Dallas in 6
Houston over Utah in 6
Phoenix over LA in 5

Cleveland over NJ in 7

SA over Phoenix in 6
Houston over GS in 7

SA over Houston in 6

SA over Chicago in 6

Let's see how I fare.

If you hadn't knocked our class song I would've called you a genious.

But I guess I'll just say you had a flash of genious.;)

jrock210
05-04-2007, 07:29 AM
Against the suns I'm going to say Spurs in 5 or 6. they will have a close Game 2 and if the Suns win that game I say spurs in 6 :eek: lonny

jrock210
05-04-2007, 07:55 AM
Message to the Spurs:

Stop sucking. Lest you wish Dallas to eat you all alive in front of your home crowd on Friday. And this summer.

Well, Well, Well. The Spurs lost again. I said what I said because the Spurs just aren't as good as Dallas. The only team in Dallas' class right now is the Suns. They have a good team.

My boycott of the Spurs games continues.

Rockets 81
Spurs 68

4th

The Spurs are proving they can't beat the West elite. I see a very early exit in the playoffs for SA this year.

I'm not "giving up" on the Spurs, because I am a true fan, but quite frankly I have no reason to watch the games because I never know what's going to happen. The Spurs need to get with the program and understand that even though we have a talented roster of veterans, their play is inconsistent and they can't keep up with teams like Dallas - who are young, athletic and play faster and harder than we do - anymore. Losing 4 home games to the Western Conference elite is ridiculous. Not making a trade will be unfortunate, but likely not the Spurs fault. As it is, they don't have anybody other teams are interested in.

I really don't care if the Spurs or anybody else gets better after the break. Nobody is going to beat Dallas unless they get worse.

If you think beating Dallas is hard right now, wait until they actually play their starters more and turn up the intensity and will run through a brick wall to take the title.

I realize that, but I wanted to show why I say what I say about the playoffs. The Mavs are going to win at least 70 games. If they don't match the Bulls this year, I bet they try to take them down next year.

It's not so much the records that Avery is chasing. He just wants them to win every game and play well for 48 minutes. That's going to lead to wins. Avery did tell them they'd have 3 or 4 double digit winning streaks this year. If you saw all the guys Dallas is playing, you'd know they're not going out there trying to bust the Bulls per se. They're winning all these games, but they're resting guys all during games to keep them fresh.

I'll go loss-by-loss:

Spurs- They were just better and Dallas was in a funk.
Rockets- Dallas just didn't come ready to play.
Warriors- A classic NBA rip-off.
Clippers- Dallas just didn't have it.

Now 0-4, something happened on the road because they toughed out a game in Phoenix and won 12 in a row. Some games were easy and they started geting soft.

They lost 3 of the next 5 games alternating wins and losses in early December:

Wizards- Bad defense and bad habits from winning streak.
Pistons- Just took it to Dallas in Texas. Last home loss.
Jazz- Cleaned Mavs clock in Utah.

That left them at 14-7. The light came on and they started to play every game. They won 13 games in a row.

Lakers- It was an NBA ripoff.

8 more wins in a row.

Bulls- Mavs played hard and came back, but could never shoot that night. They win most of these games, but it wasn't good enough that night.

12 more wins in a row.

Dallas hasn't lost to a mediocre team since November. They should be 34-1 in the last 2 1/2 months instead of 33-2. They COULD have a bad shooting night against a playoff team on the road and lose a game, but it sure hasn't been happening so far. They COULD lose a home game, but they've won 20 in a row at home. My point is that all the signs are there to say they won't lose another game, but if they do lose games, it's probably going to be 3 or less.

The achievement is not pointless, either. The teams that roll through seasons and playoffs get talked about the most. Sometimes you hearbtalk about the best teams that don't win titles. Take what Pop says with a grain of salt. He's never had a team good enough to win 70 games because they've always had older and slower players and don't do well in back-to-backs. I'm not taking anything away from what they do in the playoffs, but I will say Pop would rather win 65 than 55. It just sounds better to downplay winning 65 because he's never done it. It's just like he said he was happy with the team because he knew they couldn't trade for anybody to be better.

Yes, that's true in the NBA. I look forward to a Mavs-Spurs WCF.

I see no reason for me to pick against them. The only team I would give a chance to beat them is the Spurs. No matter how well Phoenix shoots against Dallas, they're going to give Dallas plenty of chances to score. Phoenix might 3-point their way into a few wins, but not 4.

I don't know. Nobody has beaten Dallas at home since December.

Dude the Warriors suck. End of story.

OK so I stopped at pg 20 cuz I have to leave for the bus but I was looking for my bet between me and lonny...anyways on the quotes....I personally love the last one.

Mac Is Back
05-04-2007, 07:59 AM
OK so I stopped at pg 20 cuz I have to leave for the bus but I was looking for my bet between me and lonny...anyways on the quotes....I personally love the last one.

LOL!!

Mac Is Back
05-04-2007, 08:01 AM
If you hadn't knocked our class song I would've called you a genious.

But I guess I'll just say you had a flash of genious.;)

How is Reagan's English department again?

I jest. :D

RedRage00
05-04-2007, 09:27 AM

I'm guessing it's not very good! :D

jrock210
05-04-2007, 06:20 PM

What you talking about we dn't need no edumucation :D
lol anyways I like your sig because that's my Birthday and my brothers birthday is the 18th (Same as VY)

jrock210
05-07-2007, 09:21 AM
OK Mavs are out. Do you think whoever wins Spurs/Suns series wins it all?

jrock210
05-09-2007, 07:19 AM
No comment

jrock210
05-11-2007, 09:56 PM
Sorry but i'm trying to keep this thread going a llittle while longer so how do you think the game will go tomorow? Suns or Spurs?

stevefoxsc
05-11-2007, 10:28 PM
spurs ftw

svfootball45
05-11-2007, 10:55 PM
Sorry but i'm trying to keep this thread going a llittle while longer so how do you think the game will go tomorow? Suns or Spurs?

again who cares basketball is GAY

PaulinPlano
05-11-2007, 11:29 PM
again who cares basketball is GAY

Why are you browsing an obvious basketball thread?:rolleyes:

Mac Is Back
05-11-2007, 11:47 PM
What you talking about we dn't need no edumucation :D
lol anyways I like your sig because that's my Birthday and my brothers birthday is the 18th (Same as VY)

May 23 is Battle Royale!

Anybody remember 2005? AKA single greatest football match of all time?

Liverpool FC v. AC Milan, Milan is up 3-0 at half. Liverpool stages the single greatest comeback in soccer history. LFC makes it 3-1 on a header by Gerrard. Minutes later, somebody (I can't remember anymore) drills a sick goal that the Milan keeper almost helps into the corner of the net to make it 3-2 Milan. Again, minutes later, a penalty kick is blocked and then put back into the net by the player who first kicked it to tie it 3-3...all this by the 65th minute.

Penalty kicks go 4-2 LFC (I think it was 4-2) and Liverpool steals back the 05 title.

PaulinPlano
05-11-2007, 11:59 PM
May 23 is Battle Royale!

Liverpool FC v. AC Milan, Milan is up 3-0 at half. Liverpool stages the single greatest comeback in soccer history. LFC makes it 3-1 on a header by Gerrard. Minutes later, somebody (I can't remember anymore) drills a sick goal that the Milan keeper almost helps into the corner of the net to make it 3-2 Milan. Again, minutes later, a penalty kick is blocked and then put back into the net by the player who first kicked it to tie it 3-3...all this by the 65th minute.

Penalty kicks go 4-2 LFC (I think it was 4-2) and Liverpool steals back the 05 title.

Again I ask, why are you browsing a basketball thread!

jrock210
05-12-2007, 12:35 PM
May 23 is Battle Royale!

1- Heck yes May 23 is my birthday!
2- Sorry but I'm an Bayern Munchen fan
3- Greatest football match ever has to go to the Milan vs Munich game (the first one not the second)...It had a great comeback after a bad call

jrock210
05-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Spurs win by 7 in a game where it was nailbiting action, on your feet ation, and a fluster of boos. the chant of dirty rung throughout the building and many Spurs fans were on there feet as the man who claims the spurs play dirty finished with 5 fouls.

t-long20
05-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Spurs win by 7 in a game where it was nailbiting action, on your feet ation, and a fluster of boos. the chant of dirty rung throughout the building and many Spurs fans were on there feet as the man who claims the spurs play dirty finished with 5 fouls.

go spurs

Mac Is Back
05-13-2007, 12:54 PM
Again I ask, why are you browsing a basketball thread!

Because I like basketball.

Mac Is Back
05-13-2007, 12:56 PM
1- Heck yes May 23 is my birthday!
2- Sorry but I'm an Bayern Munchen fan
3- Greatest football match ever has to go to the Milan vs Munich game (the first one not the second)...It had a great comeback after a bad call

Shame on you.

2005 League Final Liverpool FC 3-3 AC Milan (LFC wins on penalties) remains the best match ever for me.

jrock210
05-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Shame on you.

2005 League Final Liverpool FC 3-3 AC Milan (LFC wins on penalties) remains the best match ever for me.

Heck when I went to the world cup in Korea and saw the World Cup's fastest goal I thought that was one of my favorite batches but I missed the Liverpool Milan game.
Well Spurs are set to win a game where Phoenix should claim this as a "mustwin"

PaulinPlano
05-14-2007, 08:36 AM
Shame on you.

Heck when I went to the world cup in Korea and saw the World Cup's fastest goal I thought that was one of my favorite batches but I missed the Liverpool Milan game.
Well Spurs are set to win a game where Phoenix should claim this as a "mustwin"

Hijackers!:D

jrock210
05-14-2007, 05:41 PM
Hijackers!:D

No we don't call it hijacking we call it "yoinking" or at least I do

jrock210
05-15-2007, 06:35 PM
OK that game hurt but San Antonio and Phoenix are both facing suspensions. spurs facing suspensions on Bowen, Duncan, and obviosuly Horry while Suns are looking at Stoudemire and Diaw suspended.

jrock210
05-15-2007, 06:37 PM
OK I lied
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ArHm3UEulYijx2B5cFHKvlQ5nYcB?slug=ap-suns-spurssuspensions&prov=ap&type=lgns

Phoenix center Amare Stoudemire and teammate Boris Diaw were suspended Tuesday for one game for leaving the bench after Robert Horry's flagrant foul of Steve Nash in Game 4 of the Suns' Western Conference semifinal against San Antonio.

The NBA also announced Horry was suspended for two games for knocking Nash into the scorer's table with 18 seconds remaining in the Suns' 104-98 victory at San Antonio on Monday night. Phoenix's victory evened the series at 2-2.
All three players will miss Wednesday night's Game 5 in Phoenix of what has been a rough, intense showdown between two of the best teams in the NBA. Horry also will miss Friday night's Game 6 in San Antonio.

Horry was suspended for flagrantly fouling Nash and striking Raja Bell about the shoulders with a forearm, NBA executive vice president Stu Jackson said in a statement. Stoudemire and Diaw were suspended for leaving "the immediate vicinity of their bench" during the altercation.

As a spurs fan I am happy with this and I AGREE with Horry's suspension even if it was out of frustration but cmon who wouldn't want to see Nash fight an old guy like Horry ;)

svfootball45
05-15-2007, 06:50 PM
the spurs suck

svfootball45
05-15-2007, 06:50 PM
they suck so bad i have to say this twice maybe three times

svfootball45
05-15-2007, 06:51 PM
yeah the suck so bad i have to say this THREE TIMES!! just becuase they are dirty:D

svfootball45
05-15-2007, 06:58 PM
ah why not lets make it four times the spurs suck i am going to lmao if they get knocked out by the suns

BAMF cowboy
05-15-2007, 06:59 PM
May 23 is Battle Royale!

**HIJACK WARNING**

Sorry but I have to disagree. That is the 2nd best match of all time. Number 1 being 1999 Manchester United vs. Bayern Munich in the Champions League Final.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WoS2YQFZ-s

**END HIJACK**

jrock210
05-15-2007, 07:10 PM
**HIJACK WARNING**

Sorry but I have to disagree. That is the 2nd best match of all time. Number 1 being 1999 Manchester United vs. Bayern Munich in the Champions League Final.

**END HIJACK**

I remember this game as I grew from excitement to pain. Great game but upsetting. :( lol anyways curious to see the game on my birthday!

jrock210
05-18-2007, 11:34 PM
As I said depending on Game 1 the Spurs will take it in 4 or 5 :D.

Against the suns I'm going to say Spurs in 5 or 6... Game 2 if the Suns win that game I say spurs in 6 :eek: lonny

Am I right or am I right

SVite
05-18-2007, 11:45 PM
ah why not lets make it four times the spurs suck i am going to lmao if they get knocked out by the suns

:D Was`nt even close, 4 games to 2, and the Spurs win 2 in the cry babys house!:D

jrock210
05-18-2007, 11:50 PM
:D Was`nt even close, 4 games to 2, and the Spurs win 2 in the cry babys house!:D

Actually it was kind of close

Dawg Fan
05-19-2007, 12:06 AM

no laughing for you...too bad, so sad

PaulinPlano
05-19-2007, 12:16 AM

It was a very competitive series. These 2 teams are probably the two best in the NBA. SV, you are so wrong in saying it wasn't even close.

jrock210
05-19-2007, 12:19 AM
It was a very competitive series. These 2 teams are probably the two best in the NBA. SV, you are so wrong in saying it wasn't even close.

Ya one of the most contrvoersial and entertaining series I ave ever seen. I agree with the announcer that this should be a best of 15 series because I could watch these games with pure excitement all night!

PaulinPlano
05-19-2007, 12:33 AM

I remind you that Stoudemire was out for game 5. Rules are rules. I don't like this rule. I don't like this call by the NBA. But the Spurs beat Phoenix at home in game 1 and that was probably the key loss for the Suns. I believe that the Spurs are the superior team right now.

Mac Is Back
05-19-2007, 11:54 AM
**HIJACK WARNING**

**END HIJACK**

I must admit that was quite a match.

But I'm going to stick with 05 Milan-Liverpool as my all time favorite and I still say it's the best match ever played. :D

Mac Is Back
05-19-2007, 11:56 AM
Spurs just played fantastically in Game 6. I was very surprised that they came out so aggressively so quickly and maintained it throughout the game.

I think this game was the final statement that the Spurs are still a very serious contender, despite age, and that this may very well be their year once again.

jrock210
05-19-2007, 12:28 PM
I remind you that Stoudemire was out for game 5. Rules are rules. I don't like this rule. I don't like this call by the NBA. But the Spurs beat Phoenix at home in game 1 and that was probably the key loss for the Suns. I believe that the Spurs are the superior team right now.

Nash says if it went to Game 7 they would have won but he believes the Spurs are still the better team. If you keep thinking that the other team is a better team you neevr will beat them.

drgnbkr
05-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Stern for whatever reason, wanted the Spurs in the next round...The NBA is moving toward the credibility factor of Pro Rasslin...just an unbiased observation, but he wrapped it up and handed it to the Spurs...

Dawg Fan
05-19-2007, 03:18 PM
Stern for whatever reason, wanted the Spurs in the next round...The NBA is moving toward the credibility factor of Pro Rasslin...just an unbiased observation, but he wrapped it up and handed it to the Spurs...

wow....just wow

its a conspiracy I tell ya:rolleyes:

How many baskets did Stern make anyway?

Reaganrattler07
05-19-2007, 03:33 PM

Lonny's gotta have a truck full of dirt on ya.

drgnbkr
05-19-2007, 03:38 PM
wow....just wow

its a conspiracy I tell ya:rolleyes:

How many baskets did Stern make anyway?

Whatever the slim margin was in game 5 were Sterns points...It's just lame to suspend players for nothing, the entire inside game for the Suns for nothing, when they allow traveling on every possesion, in the lane on free throws on every one..and other things that are too numerous to name. I'm not a Suns fan or a Spurs hater, but the NBA is really not looking too good at the moment..He completely shifted the nature of the series after the Suns got the home court advantage back....Whatever..it wasn't much to watch before and it definately isn't now...Think I'll stick to HS Sports..

jrock210
05-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Lonny's gotta have a truck full of dirt on ya.

where is lonny I haven't seen him much since after the Mavs losing in Rd 1. Suprsies

Reaganrattler07
05-19-2007, 04:24 PM
where is lonny I haven't seen him much since after the Mavs losing in Rd 1. Suprsies

He takes convenient vacations after his teams lose....

jrock210
05-19-2007, 04:29 PM
He takes convenient vacations after his teams lose....

lol I noticed but I can't wait to see his new avatar coming soon.
Spurs avatar + lonny = my bet :D

Reaganrattler07
05-19-2007, 05:01 PM
lol I noticed but I can't wait to see his new avatar coming soon.
Spurs avatar + lonny = my bet :D

Best quote lonny ever said "The reason why people don't wanna go up against me is cause they know I'll win." In other words, he believed he could influence the outcomes of Judson, Mavericks, etc.

jrock210
05-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Best quote lonny ever said "The reason why people don't wanna go up against me is cause they know I'll win." In other words, he believed he could influence the outcomes of Judson, Mavericks, etc.

lonnys a good guy but he gets carriedd awya....ALOT!

t-long20
05-19-2007, 05:13 PM

what an idiot yea everything is just a conspiracy. what about the eastern conference? did stern conspire that too ill tell ya that stern must be pistons and spurs fan, dude give me a break and stop sounding like a lunatic

jrock210
05-19-2007, 05:14 PM
what an idiot yea everything is just a conspiracy. what about the eastern conference? did stern conspire that too ill tell ya that stern must be pistons and spurs fan, dude give me a break and stop sounding like a lunatic

Its like the moon landing it's all a conspiracy:rolleyes:

t-long20
05-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Its like the moon landing it's all a conspiracy:rolleyes:

yea jfk...conspriacy, 9/11...conspiracy, war in iraq...conspiracy man they just never stop coming:rolleyes:

jrock210
05-19-2007, 05:23 PM
yea jfk...conspriacy, 9/11...conspiracy, war in iraq...conspiracy man they just never stop coming:rolleyes:

whoa I got the munchies!

drgnbkr
05-19-2007, 05:32 PM

Hey bud, you can be a Spurs fan and not be an idiot, and I can see what I see, and maybe still be an idiot.:p .but it's pretty much in all the non-San Antonio papers...it's not a conspiracy..it's deliberate...And it's hard to hide when it's this obvious..

Reaganrattler07
05-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Hey bud, you can be a Spurs fan and not be an idiot, and I can see what I see, and maybe still be an idiot.:p .but it's pretty much in all the non-San Antonio papers...it's not a conspiracy..it's deliberate...And it's hard to hide when it's this obvious..

But why have a small market "dirty" team be this good then? Why not have LA, Chicago, NY/Jersey, Dallas?

drgnbkr
05-19-2007, 05:55 PM
But why have a small market "dirty" team be this good then? Why not have LA, Chicago, NY/Jersey, Dallas?

I have no idea..I'm really not a Spurs basher..it really is a pretty hot topic in the papers and on sports talk..I'm just calling it like I see it...Hell I don't even like the Suns...You guys have a good team..good luck!

Reaganrattler07
05-19-2007, 05:56 PM
I have no idea..I'm really not a Spurs basher..it really is a pretty hot topic in the papers and on sports talk..I'm just calling it like I see it...Hell I don't even like the Suns...You guys have a good team..good luck!

You don't come off as one and everyone should speak their opinion....I'm just giving my conflicting opinion.;)

t-long20
05-19-2007, 05:57 PM

amare and diaw got themselves suspended, either throw out the rules or enforce them..nuthing was handed to the spurs they had to go out out there and play i bet you didnt say anything when the spurs lost game 4 at home and the suns attempted twice as many free throws

drgnbkr
05-19-2007, 06:30 PM
amare and diaw got themselves suspended, either throw out the rules or enforce them..nuthing was handed to the spurs they had to go out out there and play i bet you didnt say anything when the spurs lost game 4 at home and the suns attempted twice as many free throws

It's all good...good luck the rest of the way

jrock210
05-19-2007, 06:31 PM
You don't come off as one and everyone should speak their opinion....I'm just giving my conflicting opinion.;)

He's lonny's minion :D

Dawg Fan
05-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Whatever the slim margin was in game 5 were Sterns points...It's just lame to suspend players for nothing, the entire inside game for the Suns for nothing, when they allow traveling on every possesion, in the lane on free throws on every one..and other things that are too numerous to name. I'm not a Suns fan or a Spurs hater, but the NBA is really not looking too good at the moment..He completely shifted the nature of the series after the Suns got the home court advantage back....Whatever..it wasn't much to watch before and it definately isn't now...Think I'll stick to HS Sports..

I guess the players shouldn't have broken the rules should they? Its not an obscure rule. The plays were reviewed and the punishment was laid out. I though the 2 game suspension on Horry was excessive with the theatrics of Nash. You can't prove the margin wouldn't have been any different only speculate. Stern didn't win or lose any of the games as much as you would like that to be the case. I don't believe it was Stern that handed out the punishment anyway. I am not sorry the Suns lost but they should have won last night if they were the better team with those two players all rested up and all.

BlackandRed05
05-19-2007, 07:18 PM

Could you post some links to these newspaper stories? I would like to read them.

jrock210
05-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Could you post some links to these newspaper stories? I would like to read them.

Ya me to...do it do it you won't

drgnbkr
05-19-2007, 09:08 PM

I don't have the link..Jennifer Floyd Engle - Ft. Worth Star Telegram today..The Ticket KTCK AM 1310..not your known Spurs haters..:eek:

jrock210
05-19-2007, 09:40 PM
I don't have the link..Jennifer Floyd Engle - Ft. Worth Star Telegram today..The Ticket KTCK AM 1310..not your known Spurs haters..:eek:

Alrite I'm making my hit list ;)

PaulinPlano
05-19-2007, 10:01 PM

And I believe that San Antonio would have handled the Suns in Phoenix with Stoudemire just the way they did in game 6. Marion had a great game 5, but where was he game 6. The Spurs will give you a scorer... and shut down everything else...

PaulinPlano
05-19-2007, 10:14 PM

Dallas Morning News, Tim Cowlishaw – He said, as everyone else has, that it is a stupid rule and that the series was tainted… but tainted for the SUNS and SPURS…

Here is a quote:

"If the Suns' Stoudemire and Boris Diaw had been available for Game 5, would they have won and taken the series lead?

We will never know.

What we do know is the Spurs won three of five games when the Suns were at full strength, so San Antonio doesn't deserve it when critics say the league handed them the series by suspending the two Suns for Game 5."

jrock210
05-19-2007, 10:57 PM
Dallas Morning News, Tim Cowlishaw – He said, as everyone else has, that it is a stupid rule and that the series was tainted… but tainted for the SUNS and SPURS…

Here is a quote:

"If the Suns' Stoudemire and Boris Diaw had been available for Game 5, would they have won and taken the series lead?

We will never know.

What we do know is the Spurs won three of five games when the Suns were at full strength, so San Antonio doesn't deserve it when critics say the league handed them the series by suspending the two Suns for Game 5."

I'm not saying it again

PaulinPlano
05-20-2007, 12:12 AM
I'm not saying it again

:D

jrock210
05-21-2007, 07:24 AM
:D

:D :D :p I'm winning!

PaulinPlano
05-22-2007, 10:59 AM
One thing I would like to add about the Spurs is that unlike a lot of superstars, Tim Duncan is willing to put his ego aside for the betterment of the team. He learned that from David Robinson. This kind of attitude and the integrity and character of the San Antonio Spurs is the Legacy of the Admiral.:)

Kobe and Shaq could not do the same in LA.

jrock210
05-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Tied up 17-17 with 6 to go in the first quarter.

jrock210
05-22-2007, 08:27 PM
Spurs up 24-23 with 1:41 to go in the first quarter.

jrock210
05-22-2007, 08:32 PM
spurs lead 26- 24 at end of the first.

DiamondJ2
05-22-2007, 10:36 PM
Spurs razz the Jazz. Spurs may sweep or win it in 5 games.

jrock210
05-23-2007, 07:43 AM
Spurs razz the Jazz. Spurs may sweep or win it in 5 games.

I like Spurs kick Jazz! ha but nice! Still think 4 or 5 games.

PaulinPlano
05-23-2007, 04:57 PM
You wouldn't believe how happy I was when I heard Fin was going to the Spurs!:D I loved the Mavs giving their biggest problem to the enemy.

So far in the Spurs 10-3 run through the playoffs, Michael Finley has averaged 14 points, over 3 rebounds, shooting 91% from the FT line and 47 percent from downtown.;)

jrock210
05-23-2007, 05:08 PM
So far in the Spurs 10-3 run through the playoffs, Michael Finley has averaged 14 points, over 3 rebounds, shooting 91% from the FT line and 47 percent from downtown.;)

This is what theannouncers say during the games. Finley wide open on the outside he shoots and another 3! It's good. Wow too bad Dallas gave him up. :D

Mac Is Back
05-23-2007, 06:30 PM
This is what theannouncers say during the games. Finley wide open on the outside he shoots and another 3! It's good. Wow too bad Dallas gave him up. :D

Mark Cuban apparently is hopeful to get Finley back. So I heard today on the radio.

PaulinPlano
05-24-2007, 04:50 PM
Mark Cuban apparently is hopeful to get Finley back. So I heard today on the radio.

The NBA is investigating Cuban and may fine him for tampering. They do not have a case. Cuban is only verbalizing admiration for Finley.

Dawg Fan
05-24-2007, 05:05 PM
The NBA is investigating Cuban and may fine him for tampering. They do not have a case. Cuban is only verbalizing admiration for Finley.

Maybe he should have kept Don Nelson;)

jrock210
05-24-2007, 06:06 PM

Take away his team and get a new owner! lol I wonder what happens if he won't pay the fine

Reaganrattler07
05-24-2007, 06:47 PM
Take away his team and get a new owner! lol I wonder what happens if he won't pay the fine

If Cuban wants to go down that road, it will not be pretty for him. I would imagine that the Mavericks would eventually be declared ineligible.

PaulinPlano
05-24-2007, 10:44 PM

If Cuban wants to go down that road, it will not be pretty for him. I would imagine that the Mavericks would eventually be declared ineligible.

It is a non-issue. Maybe I shouldn’t have brought it up. It is easy to hate Cuban because of his big mouth. But he is actually very good for the Mavericks. He wants to win and he takes care of his team. He just needs to back away a bit and quit being so vocal. He is a passionate guy and it gets him into trouble and he makes himself look ridiculous at times.

Reaganrattler07
05-24-2007, 10:51 PM
It is a non-issue. Maybe I shouldn’t have brought it up. It is easy to hate Cuban because of his big mouth. But he is actually very good for the Mavericks. He wants to win and he takes care of his team. He just needs to back away a bit and quit being so vocal. He is a passionate guy and it gets him into trouble and he makes himself look ridiculous at times.

Yeah, I was just talking about if Cuban just absolutely refused to listen to Stern.

But yeah, I agree with you. He's a good owner but too much of a average type fan. (If you understand where I'm going with this).

jrock210
05-26-2007, 07:23 PM

WTF? If someone sees him on the street theylaugh because he looks ridiculous ALWAYZ!

K-Rock
05-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Spurs got beat down tonight. Played bad defense and was out hustled.

jrock210
05-26-2007, 10:30 PM

Ya but foul trouble was a key part of this.

PaulinPlano
05-27-2007, 01:05 AM

Ya but foul trouble was a key part of this.

True. Also did not play with a lot of energy.

TexasRed6x
05-27-2007, 01:40 AM
You could see this coming, more money for the NBA. Duncan was taken out of the game by his foul's. Spurs will still take thr series it just a matter when the NBA will let them do it, since they need this thing to go 6 to 7 games for the money.

jrock210
05-27-2007, 05:35 PM
True. Also did not play with a lot of energy.
Ya another small thing I noticed.

You could see this coming, more money for the NBA. Duncan was taken out of the game by his foul's. Spurs will still take thr series it just a matter when the NBA will let them do it, since they need this thing to go 6 to 7 games for the money.

I hope your wrong. This is crap that the NBA is covering games us with bad officiating and more stuff for publicity and money. Huge Example:
I knew the Spurs were going to beat the Suns the second after Game 2 where Staudemire ran his mouth because that's how the NBA works.

jrock210
06-05-2007, 09:27 PM
game 1 predictions?

TexasRed6x
06-05-2007, 09:31 PM
game 1 predictions?

Spurs win. Nuff said. :cool:

jrock210
06-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Spurs win. Nuff said. :cool:

I say they win but it will prolly be close.

TexasRed6x
06-05-2007, 09:33 PM
I say they win but it will prolly be close.

It might but I don't see it happening since the Spurs are well rested.

Dawg Fan
06-05-2007, 09:41 PM
I think the Spurs make a statement in game 1 and win by 16 or better

t-long20
06-05-2007, 09:46 PM
i agree i think the spurs are tired of being overlooked and hearing about lebron james i think they win big in game 1 and set the tone

jrock210
06-05-2007, 09:58 PM
It might but I don't see it happening since the Spurs are well rested.
both are well rested but the Spurs have had way too long off.

i agree i think the spurs are tired of being overlooked and hearing about lebron james i think they win big in game 1 and set the tone

Ya I hate the fact Lebron is in any news article you can find about the Finals

PaulinPlano
06-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Spurs by 12!

jrock210
06-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Spurs by 12!

What's next Spurs in 4 games.

Bootsdaddy
06-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Spurs in 6.

TexasRed6x
06-06-2007, 08:29 PM

Nah I don't think so. There might be a few crazy people that will think that will happen.

SVite
06-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Spurs in 5.

I think the experience factor is huge in this match up.

The Spurs took out the 2 headed montster from Denver. The 3 headed monster from Phoenix. The 2 headed monster from Utah. And now they will take out the 1 headed monster Cleveland!:D

Reaganrattler07
06-06-2007, 09:11 PM
Spurs in 5.

I think the experience factor is huge in this match up.

The Spurs took out the 2 headed montster from Denver. The 3 headed monster from Phoenix. The 2 headed monster from Utah. And now they will take out the 1 headed monster Cleveland!:D

Cue Longhorn fans in 5......4......3......2.......

jrock210
06-07-2007, 02:01 AM
Cue Longhorn fans in 5......4......3......2.......

HI!!!!!:D

RedRage00
06-07-2007, 09:36 AM
Every article on every website is focused on LeBron!

PaulinPlano
06-07-2007, 11:42 AM

My initial feeling was 5 or 6. I did not see the regular season contests so i am not sure about matchups.

PaulinPlano
06-07-2007, 11:46 AM

He is the new big name in the NBA and everyone loves the fact that he is on the finals. I don't believe they can take the Spurs. And I don't think that the CAVS can win a championship with the existing team.

I think Lebron will eventually win one... but it may not be with the Cavs.

jrock210
06-07-2007, 06:05 PM

I have been the first to notice this I previously complained about it in the finals thread. In fact I watched ESPN moments ago and they showed the trophy in between a Duncan and Lebron jersey and then it sort of zooms in on the trophy right next to King James' jersey.

jrock210
06-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Alrite the starting line up matchups
The Cavs-
Hughes
PPG- 14.9
RPG- 3.8
APG- 3.7
Pavlovic
PPG- 9
RPG- 2.4
APG- 1.6
James
PPG- 27.3
RPG- 6.7
APG- 6
Gooden
PPG- 11.1
RPG- 8.5
APG- 1.1
Ilgauskas
PPG- 11.9
RPG- 7.7
APG- 1.6

THE SPURS
Parker
PPG- 18.6
RPG- 3.2
APG- 5.5
Finley
PPG- 9
RPG- 2.7
APG- 1.3
Bowen
PPG- 6.2
RPG- 2.7
APG- 1.4
Duncan
PPG- 20
RPG- 10.6
APG- 3.4
Elson
PPG- 5
RPG- 4.8
APG- .8

Under Spurs 2 things
1- Manu Ginobili has the 3rd best number on the team and he is not included on this "starters" list.
2- I do not believe Elson is starting but that is who is listed as a starter.

PaulinPlano
06-09-2007, 11:39 PM
Ginobili coming off the bench is the general on the floor. I don't think any other NBA team has his caliber player coming off the bench. Truth is, Manu IS a starter. But this is the genius of POP.

http://mooreslore.corante.com/archives/images/manu%20ginobili.jpg

TexasRed6x
06-10-2007, 12:12 PM
Ginobili coming off the bench is the general on the floor. I don't think any other NBA team has his caliber player coming off the bench. Truth is, Manu IS a starter. But this is the genius of POP.

http://mooreslore.corante.com/archives/images/manu%20ginobili.jpg

Manu is a legitimate starter yes but he does better when he comes off the bench. He gives the team more energy and is more aggressive.

jrock210
01-26-2008, 12:47 AM
GO SPURS GO
I'm bringing back the classics!