PDA

View Full Version : Waco's dropping to 4-A

supercentex
04-24-2005, 11:22 PM
How crazy is that?

We were playing with 4-A numbers last year.

RGVBadBoy
04-24-2005, 11:56 PM
Waco should be a pretty impressive 4A team thats for sure.....Waco has always had fine athletes.........i guess in a way its good for them..

supercentex
04-25-2005, 06:45 AM
Waco is in the hiring process for a QB coach....who I think will also function as the OC. We have never had an OC. Tusa always called the plays.......

So, I think Waco is going to go to the spread, or they are going to tweak the passing game alot.

They will be in 7 on 7 for the first time ever this year.

I don't think Tusa is going to settle for anything less than a 4-A state championship.

We will be stacked our first year on the drop........

I hate to see us drop to 4-A......but it's time for some championships to start coming. I'm hoping they put us in Region 3. That way we can match up against Ennis in the state championship.

supercentex
04-25-2005, 08:43 AM
Our new inflatable.......right out after production.

Waco Lion inflatable (http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-4/999401/ababcMVC-004X.JPG)

KT's Note- We allow linked photos only. Thanks!

pack0808
04-25-2005, 09:15 AM
is that a done deal centex?? you keep saying that every year but waco still plays in 5a every year?? i believe john tyler has smaller numbers then waco right?? if they are in 4a i think they will be a major power just like marshall is becoming now.

supercentex
04-25-2005, 09:41 AM
It's not a done deal.......but, this is almost a for sure deal.

Our numbers are dropping and we're in the 1800's right now.....and we were at 1,800 back last year.

We've always missed it by 10-25 students two years and have been one of the smallest 5-A's for a long time now.

Waco ISD opened a new academy downtown in 2000 and it is taking students from Waco High and University. That is the reason for the drop in numbers.

AJ Moore Academy has enough students to be a large 3-A or small 4-A.

It's going to piss me off if we drop down to 4-A and Waco Midway goes up to 5-A.

cougardude
04-25-2005, 09:43 AM
Realignment's not until next February or so is it not? :rolleyes:

supercentex
04-25-2005, 09:46 AM
I listened to the Waco-Lufkin broadcast when I got home after the game and the Lufkin announcers were talking about our numbers.......and that they talked with the Waco officials in the press box and mentioned that we had been playing with 4-A numbers for awhile.

Knowing Tusa though we'll still have a 5-A non-district.

pack0808
04-25-2005, 09:54 AM
i will believe it when i see it. like i said, every year i hear they are going down and they never do.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
04-25-2005, 10:20 AM
I hear the same thing about CUJO. I see their still 5A.

supercentex
04-25-2005, 10:34 AM
Yeah, since 2000 we have missed by as little as 9 students.

We will definitely be going 4-A this next time.......no doubt about it.

jrdaniel
04-25-2005, 02:52 PM
Has the athletic administration made up it's mind to make the drop if the numbers come back that way? They can remain in 5a if they choose with 4a numbers to enhance competition for the athletic teams. I believe SA Jefferson did the same thing last year - requested to be in 5a with lower numbers. That would take some guts for most 5a schools, but for SA Jefferson, it was just plain suicide.

supercentex
04-25-2005, 03:06 PM
Has the athletic administration made up it's mind to make the drop if the numbers come back that way? They can remain in 5a if they choose with 4a numbers to enhance competition for the athletic teams. I believe SA Jefferson did the same thing last year - requested to be in 5a with lower numbers. That would take some guts for most 5a schools, but for SA Jefferson, it was just plain suicide.

As of last realignment you can't elect to stay 5-A anymore. So, if we have the number we will be dropping for sure.

The only reason you cannot is due to travel reasons....I THINK

dragonsdaddy
04-25-2005, 03:07 PM
the last round was made difficult to do the staying up option. i heard they were going to do away with it all together.

RedRage00
04-25-2005, 03:08 PM
Yeah, its travel/costs.....CC Moody and CC Miller have elected to stay 5A for years with 4A numbers. CCISD wants all their HS's in one 5A district for costs reasons.

RR

supercentex
04-25-2005, 03:14 PM
There were only a select few that got to stay 5-A............and most of them come from the metropolitan districts.....Dallas Carter was one I know for sure.

Houston Yates dropped down to 4-A after electing up to 5-A for awhile.

I'm looking forward to playing 4-A schools to see what we can do. With what we do in 5-A.........I think we'll be pretty tough in 4-A.

We're installing a new defense......going to be in 7 on 7.....getting an OC (we've never had one) and QB coach.
So, we may be going to the spread.........or tweaking what we have. I do know this year we'll have a 6ft 5in QB and 6ft 5in WR that are pretty good. Ty IVY is back at RB....and defense will be improved with Tusa over there.

twhfan#1
04-25-2005, 03:39 PM
First of all -- too eraly to speculate about re-a;ighnment -- it will be Oct before UIL even looks at enrollment --then Feb for actual realignment --but rules as of last realignment :

ONLY ISD's with AT LEAST 8 schools can elect to move up --only exception is EXTREME travel problems ( as in El Paso )

supercentex
04-25-2005, 03:44 PM
The admins from Waco are already projecting that we may turn in high 1600's to low 1700's.......for Waco High. Unless we have 200-300 brand new students to Waco High (which I don't see that happening) then we'll be 4-A.

I'll be happy if we stay 5-A.........we still beat schools with the largest enrollments. But, in 4-A I think we will make a run for state.

RedRage00
04-25-2005, 04:25 PM
Everyone in 4A just needs to put up their equipment now and forego the 2006 season...hand the trophy to Waco! :rolleyes: :D

Mr. Buddy Garrity
04-25-2005, 04:30 PM
Everyone in 4A just needs to put up their equipment now and forego the 2006 season...hand the trophy to Waco! :rolleyes: :D
Oh they won state. Congrats to the Lions......LOL :D :rolleyes:

supercentex
04-25-2005, 04:39 PM
Did I say we would win state in 4-A....no. I said "But, in 4-A I think we will make a run for state."

supercentex
04-25-2005, 04:40 PM
Oh they won state. Congrats to the Lions......LOL :D :rolleyes:

You must be talking about the Ennis Lions. :D

ktCarl
04-25-2005, 08:36 PM
Waco is in the hiring process for a QB coach....who I think will also function as the OC. We have never had an OC. Tusa always called the plays.......

So, I think Waco is going to go to the spread, or they are going to tweak the passing game alot.

They will be in 7 on 7 for the first time ever this year.

I don't think Tusa is going to settle for anything less than a 4-A state championship.

We will be stacked our first year on the drop........

I hate to see us drop to 4-A......but it's time for some championships to start coming. I'm hoping they put us in Region 3. That way we can match up against Ennis in the state championship.

Isn't LaMarque and Texas City in 4A Region 3?

supercentex
04-25-2005, 08:42 PM
Isn't LaMarque and Texas City in 4A Region 3?

Yep, those two schools I have already picked to be our rivals....along with Ennis and possibly Calallen.

ktCarl
04-25-2005, 09:28 PM
The reason I asked about La Marque and Texas City being in 4A Region 3 is because Waco would have to get passed those two teams to make it to State. That's a tough row to hoe. La Marque could beat a lot of 5A teams.
I guess you meant that Waco in Region 3 would make an Ennis/Waco matchup a possibility. How long has Waco been participating in football. My wife's Uncle played for Waco in the 40's.

dragonsdaddy
04-25-2005, 09:39 PM
super, your flight of fancy should come true, but you have already seemingly made plans for dusting 60 years of dust off those state trophies. jumping the gun just a smidgen. how does the 05 team look?

supercentex
04-25-2005, 10:00 PM
The reason I asked about La Marque and Texas City being in 4A Region 3 is because Waco would have to get passed those two teams to make it to State. That's a tough row to hoe. La Marque could beat a lot of 5A teams.
I guess you meant that Waco in Region 3 would make an Ennis/Waco matchup a possibility. How long has Waco been participating in football. My wife's Uncle played for Waco in the 40's.

Waco High and Abilene High started it all! They were the talk of the state. There was a Waco High game back in the 20's or 40's that almost sold out the Cotton Bowl.

We've been playing since early 1900's...not really sure.

And, yes we know about LaMarque. When we first merged all three high schools in 1986 here...LaMarque was on the schedule.......I think we were both 5-A in '86 and '87 and we split the series.

Texas City beat Waco Midway in the state semi-finals in 1997........I know about them also.

We played CC Calallen last year and they are a '4-A power' and pretty much handled them pretty well.

It will be a big change if we do drop.

supercentex
04-25-2005, 10:04 PM
super, your flight of fancy should come true, but you have already seemingly made plans for dusting 60 years of dust off those state trophies. jumping the gun just a smidgen. how does the 05 team look?

Yeah, I know just something to look forward too.

On defense we should be about the same as last year. Don'Tay Ward 6ft 3in 290 should be Top 100 in the state on the D-LINE and has already committed to Baylor. We always produce a tough defense...but what will change this year is Coach Tusa (who always called the plays on offense) will now go to defense along with the current defensive coach to shift our defense to a 4-3-4.

We've never had an OC....so, i've heard we just hired a good one...and he is also going to be the QB's coach. Perfect timing cause we got a 6ft 5in QB and 6ft 5in WR. We may be smaller than normal on the OLINE....but 300 lbs average isn't exactly normal.

We'll be decent..........I look forward to seeing us in 7 on 7 for the first time this summer.

RedRage00
04-26-2005, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE=supercentex]
We played CC Calallen last year and they are a '4-A power' and pretty much handled them pretty well.

QUOTE]

you beat Calallen really well, but they were not very good last year....They didn't even win the Region like they usually do.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
04-26-2005, 02:11 PM
You must be talking about the Ennis Lions. :D
yeah.........LOL! :D

RGVBadBoy
04-26-2005, 02:21 PM
[QUOTE=supercentex]

QUOTE]

you beat Calallen really well, but they were not very good last year....They didn't even win the Region like they usually do.
the reason Cal wasnt good last seaosn was because they were trying to put a new offensive scheme in place to be more competative in the semi finals, because we all know, Calallen is pretty much a permanent fixture in the region 4 finals...... next season Gregory Portland wont be as good as they were this past season and Calallen shoudl dominate their district once again, if Cal plays Waco, i expect Cal will pound them now that their offensive scheme is now in place...

RedRage00
04-26-2005, 02:49 PM
GO WACO!!!

The defending 2004 All-Galaxy Champions!!!!

supercentex
04-26-2005, 04:33 PM
[QUOTE=supercentex]

QUOTE]

Yeah, but didn't they play Gregory-Portland the #1 team in the state to a game by a score of 15-8.

The Waco score was 31-14 and we were being nice to them at the end.

stevefoxsc
04-26-2005, 05:43 PM
if waco does go 4a they would win state year in year out for a while

supercentex
04-26-2005, 05:49 PM
if waco does go 4a they would win state year in year out for a while

I don't know about all that.......but I think we would do fairly well.

RedRage00
04-27-2005, 10:56 AM
[QUOTE=RedRage00]

Yeah, but didn't they play Gregory-Portland the #1 team in the state to a game by a score of 15-8.

The Waco score was 31-14 and we were being nice to them at the end.

Obviously GP wasn't the #1 team in the state because they didn't win the title....

CCDawgs05
04-28-2005, 10:13 AM
It's not a done deal.......but, this is almost a for sure deal.

Our numbers are dropping and we're in the 1800's right now.....and we were at 1,800 back last year.

We've always missed it by 10-25 students two years and have been one of the smallest 5-A's for a long time now.

Waco ISD opened a new academy downtown in 2000 and it is taking students from Waco High and University. That is the reason for the drop in numbers.

AJ Moore Academy has enough students to be a large 3-A or small 4-A.

It's going to piss me off if we drop down to 4-A and Waco Midway goes up to 5-A.

It would be awesome if midway came into our district that way we can have a new bottom feeder

stevefoxsc
04-29-2005, 01:07 AM
It would be awesome if midway came into our district that way we can have a new bottom feeder
nah bring in those whacked out killeen kangroo's don't think they have beaten temple in anything at all lately

LD Bell Blue Raiders
04-30-2005, 09:18 AM
wrong thread :mad:

CCDawgs05
04-30-2005, 11:31 AM
nah bring in those whacked out killeen kangroo's don't think they have beaten temple in anything at all lately

Thats another solution.... i would take a 54-6 win anytime.....

supercentex
05-10-2005, 01:40 PM
This is Waco High's enrollment as of this month. We're going 4-A! It's expected to drop more for this coming fall.

Student Enrollment: 1691
Teachers: 135

African American: 44%
Hispanic: 32%
White: 23%
Other: 1%

wide-e-wide
05-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Why was it necessary to post the racial make-up
of the students?

supercentex
05-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Because that was the information that I copied where the enrollment was.

What is wrong with posting the demographics?

wide-e-wide
05-10-2005, 02:05 PM
I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. I asked if it
was necessary. And there is a little button on your keyboard
that allows you to delete.

supercentex
05-10-2005, 02:57 PM
There is also something called..if i wanted to hit delete I would have. :D

wide-e-wide
05-10-2005, 03:48 PM
So you thought it was necessary to enlighten all of us as to
the racial demographics at Waco High? Okay...I can dig it.
I just didn't see the point.