PDA

View Full Version : What must Allen do to have a chance of beating Carroll?

twcpfan1
12-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Any thoughts?

jakerz
Pray. A lot.

GarlandOwl06
I think this game will be a shootout. If Allen can just stop SLC a little bit, obviously Carroll will light up the scoreboard like always but Allen needs to just try to think about maying containing them a little bit. Allen has a great offense too. This game will probably take 6 hours to play.

dragonsdaddy
12-10-2006, 12:28 PM
figure out a way to outplay the slc defense, which so far has been an option. the allen defense will have to play lights out too, since scoring 21+ is not terribly likely.

twcpfan1
12-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Does Allen have the type of defense that could bother Riley Dodge? I honestly know very little about Allen. Who did they lose to this year?

Dds115
12-10-2006, 12:32 PM
Also, they must keep a balanced D. With a breakout game like Tre had yesterday, you now have to watch for the long ball, and the very strong run.

SLC fan
12-10-2006, 12:34 PM
Does Allen have the type of defense that could bother Riley Dodge? I honestly know very little about Allen. Who did they lose to this year?

They lost to Garland 38-35 in the first game of the season.

whs_03starter
12-10-2006, 12:35 PM
Its not like they cant be beaten.

Like I sd in the WF vs. Allen post game thread, have faith in your team(Eagle fans). The only thing Allen can do at this point is play to their abilities and leave it on the field. Its the semis...you got it or you dont.

BigFanSLC
12-10-2006, 12:36 PM
Allen better be able to be multi-dimensional on Offense to keep the Carroll D guessing.. if you just pass, pass pass, then you wont win and vice versa with running (the dragon d is too good against the run) The Allen O. is very good and they are going to have to play their best come saturday to keep up with SLC.

tjw
12-10-2006, 12:57 PM
Allen better be able to be multi-dimensional on Offense to keep the Carroll D guessing.. if you just pass, pass pass, then you wont win and vice versa with running (the dragon d is too good against the run) The Allen O. is very good and they are going to have to play their best come saturday to keep up with SLC.

Both teams are multi-demensional, SLC is always good on keeping the chains moving usually with Tre & Riley only though. Allen can run and pass with multiple backs and recievers. Would give SLC a slight edge on O overall and on D SLC is much better as Allen gives up big plays but holds when needed. Look at RR & SW games both with good O but Allen held when really had to.

So the real way to bet SLC is like Trinty did, jam the recievers at the line, sack Dodge and contain the run with good run defense. Unfortunately, Allen is only so so at that. For Allen to win we need SLC to play like yesterday, 2 INT's & 2 fumbles lost as well as contain long bombs and the run. It can be done. Only Trinity and Katy have done so in the last few years. Would like to see Allen step up and do it next week but guess we'll see.

This will be a great game as both teams have large followings and SLC looks to be suspect to getting beat. Trinty had them beat until the coach made two bonehead moves, not kicking the FG in 1st QTR and fack punt with 1:27 left. Their defense stifled SLC's O in that game and do not believe they would have been able to come back 10 pts with that time left and 80 yds if he had done everything right, but didn't so all just thoughts of how he lost the game as SLC won 22-21 instead of losing 24-22.

AllenEagle06
12-10-2006, 01:14 PM
Allen needs to learn how to defend the pass. I don't get it really. This team knows how to pass really well, why can't they learn how to defend something they're good at?

big red & cujo
12-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Any thoughts?

i think the question should be what can carrol do to have a chance at beating allen. allen's passing gaem will be touble for carroll and allen's qb does'nt make it any better for the dragons. it will be a very hight scoring game. the differense will be in favor of who ever establishes the run better. the best counter to the spread offense is time consuming drives with points and some kind of defense. a couple of turnovers will be a big plus.i think allen wins 38-35.

BigFanSLC
12-10-2006, 01:19 PM
Allen needs to learn how to defend the pass. I don't get it really. This team knows how to pass really well, why can't they learn how to defend something they're good at?

Poor execution during practices during the week... Thats why SLC is so good at defending spread O's. Because they face the best recievers/QB/RB and Offense in the state everyday.

BigFanSLC
12-10-2006, 01:20 PM
i think the question should be what can carrol do to have a chance at beating allen. allen's passing gaem will be touble for carroll and allen's qb does'nt make it any better for the dragons. it will be a very hight scoring game. the differense will be in favor of who ever establishes the run better. the best counter to the spread offense is time consuming drives with points and some kind of defense. a couple of turnovers will be a big plus.i think allen wins 38-35.

HAVE YOU SEEN THE CARROLL D THIS YEAR? giving up 38 points is a rediculous statement.

drgnbkr
12-10-2006, 01:21 PM
Go back and look at the Rockwall games for both teams..that would indicate how it might go....

Winston
12-10-2006, 01:21 PM
Steroids

drgnbkr
12-10-2006, 01:22 PM
Steroids

Brilliant contribution to the thread..:rolleyes:

BigFanSLC
12-10-2006, 01:22 PM
Steroids

YOUR AN IDIOT.
Steroids dont help you win 76 games in 5A. Heart, pride and execution wins.

Winston
12-10-2006, 01:28 PM
Brilliant contribution to the thread..:rolleyes:

Whoa! No flames, please. It's a joke, sort of. Looks like I somehow hit a nerve there. Didn't realize it wasn't a laughing matter to some of you. Wow, what was it Shakespeare said about protesting too much? LOL.

big red & cujo
12-10-2006, 01:29 PM
HAVE YOU SEEN THE CARROLL D THIS YEAR? giving up 38 points is a rediculous statement.

yes i have seen carrols d. they have not played the teams allen has played. carrols defense was toasted by trinity and will be hit hard against a better offense. they will give up points in the 30's believe me. this carrol teams is not as good as the past. this allen team is not the same team you have been blowing out the last couple of years. we will see how rediculious it is.

dragonsdaddy
12-10-2006, 01:29 PM

to answer your opinions/questions. slc plays defense against a better passing team than allen every day in practice. they have faced 7-8 spread teams and have defensed them all well enough to be one of the top defensive teams(statistically) in the state. we are averaging giving up less that 10 points a game and this one won't be much different. the slc running game, while always potent has gone to a new level in the last 2 games. we may be able to score 35 against allen, but i don't see allen coming close to 38.

BigFanSLC
12-10-2006, 01:31 PM
to answer your opinions/questions. slc plays defense against a better passing team than allen every day in practice. they have faced 7-8 spread teams and have defensed them all well enough to be one of the top defensive teams(statistically) in the state. we are averaging giving up less that 10 points a game and this one won't be much different. the slc running game, while always potent has gone to a new level in the last 2 games. we may be able to score 35 against allen, but i don't see allen coming close to 38.

Exactly what i was trying to say, but you say it better every time haha

AllenEagle06
12-10-2006, 01:33 PM
yes i have seen carrols d. they have not played the teams allen has played. carrols defense was toasted by trinity and will be hit hard against a better offense. they will give up points in the 30's belive me. this carrol teams is not as good as the past. this allen team is not the same team you have been blowing out the last couple of years.
Trinity consumed the clock with their powerful running game. I wouldn't say Carroll's defense was toasted by Trinity, they made some good stops. This is a game where Charles would have been good to have for Allen, but we don't, so we just have to work with what we have.

dragonsdaddy
12-10-2006, 01:34 PM
yes i have seen carrols d. they have not played the teams allen has played. carrols defense was toasted by trinity and will be hit hard against a better offense. they will give up points in the 30's belive me. this carrol teams is not as good as the past. this allen team is not the same team you have been blowing out the last couple of years. we will see how rediculious it is.

they were toasted by et to the tune of about 2/3 of what the et offense normally produced. the allen o is good. are they better than et. different schemes, though not close to being better, esp at controlling the clock, which has universally been accepted as necessary to beat slc. i am having trouble believing what you hope to be true about this game. there is little evidence to support it.

BigFanSLC
12-10-2006, 01:35 PM
yes i have seen carrols d. they have not played the teams allen has played. carrols defense was toasted by trinity and will be hit hard against a better offense. they will give up points in the 30's believe me. this carrol teams is not as good as the past. this allen team is not the same team you have been blowing out the last couple of years. we will see how rediculious it is.

Trinity didnt win so how did Carroll's D get toasted? you make no sense, ever.

big red & cujo
12-10-2006, 01:37 PM

ohhhhhhhhh that is the most homerest statement i have ever heard . they cant score that much on yall but yall can score 35 on them. come on man. i have seen both teams. i am tellin you carro,l will have big trouble saturday. allen will score just as much as carrol will. it will be a high scoring game. carrols pass defense is not good enough to stop allen's offense. allen defense is suspect to. but, their offense is more dangerous than carrol's. you will see. this team will take over for carroll as the next team to beat. i dont know for how long but they will be a great. thei are other teams that are goin to be hell in 07. i am wondering what the top 10 and 25 will look like in the rankings. ha ha !!!

BigFanSLC
12-10-2006, 01:41 PM
I think Colleyville had a great Passing game and against Carroll they only had 118 yards passing. Allen's oline wont be able to contain Russo, Saldi and Fleps at DE.
Just ask Rams55, he talked all last week the same crap you are.... and your not even from Allen!!! you just dont like SLC and i see why you dont, but you cant overlook facts and stats.

TrinityTrojan80
12-10-2006, 01:42 PM

Allen is a mystery to me, without having seen them beside highlights, is is hard for me to compare them. I was not a believer of the SLC-D before Trinity was beaten by them. I was the one that predicted 55-10 Trinity win. I was way off since I didn't believe in the SLC D. Good luck to both teams, I would be surprised if anyone beats Carroll this year though.

38-10 SLC

BigFanSLC
12-10-2006, 01:42 PM
[QUOTE=big red & cujo;386231] but, their offense is more dangerous than carrol's. you will see. [QUOTE]

PLEASE PROVE TO ME WHO ON ALLEN'S TEAM IS BETTER THAN NEWTON/DODGE/CANTU/BRAINARD/FORD/TOMLIN?

ScottS
12-10-2006, 01:44 PM
i am tellin you carro,l will have big trouble saturday.

mark

Winston
12-10-2006, 01:44 PM
YOUR AN IDIOT.
Steroids dont help you win 76 games in 5A. Heart, pride and execution wins.

It's "YOU'RE AN IDIOT", BTW.

Dds115
12-10-2006, 01:47 PM
ohhhhhhhhh that is the most homerest statement i have ever heard . they cant score that much on yall but yall can score 35 on them. come on man. i have seen both teams. i am tellin you carro,l will have big trouble saturday. allen will score just as much as carrol will. it will be a high scoring game. carrols pass defense is not good enough to stop allen's offense. allen defense is suspect to. but, their offense is more dangerous than carrol's. you will see. this team will take over for carroll as the next team to beat. i dont know for how long but they will be a great. thei are other teams that are goin to be hell in 07. i am wondering what the top 10 and 25 will look like in the rankings. ha ha !!!

Thank you! Amidst my studying for finals in the library, you gave me something to laugh about.

P.S. Carroll is spelled with 2 "l"s at the end.

BigFanSLC
12-10-2006, 01:47 PM

Tahkns Wnitosn

dragonsdaddy
12-10-2006, 01:48 PM

if the shoe fits, and i'm guessing you have those kind of feet that whenever they aren't in your mouth, are very easy to fit into any available footware.

big red & cujo
12-10-2006, 01:52 PM
they were toasted by et to the tune of about 2/3 of what the et offense normally produced. the allen o is good. are they better than et. different schemes, though not close to being better, esp at controlling the clock, which has universally been accepted as necessary to beat slc. i am having trouble believing what you hope to be true about this game. there is little evidence to support it.

it wil hard to let a HOMER SEE THE LIGHT. HE WILL ALWAYS BE BLIND TO IT. you will see what i am sayin next week end. they have a strong passing game just like carrol. they have a better qb at scrambling. that will help in the running game.carrol could win this game. i never said they cant. allen shouldnt still be playin, but thay have a very good offense and luck is on their side also. at least it seems that way. i am confident thay can beat carroll. carroll is very beatable. they have not played a team as good as euliss since the second round. allen has been playing the beast all of the playoffs.

ScottS
12-10-2006, 01:53 PM
i am confident thay can beat carroll. carroll is very beatable.

mark

drgnbkr
12-10-2006, 01:56 PM
it wil hard to let a HOMER SEE THE LIGHT. HE WILL ALWAYS BE BLIND TO IT. you will see what i am sayin next week end. they have a strong passing game just like carrol. they have a better qb at scrambling. that will help in the running game.carrol could win this game. i never said they cant. allen shouldnt still be playin, but thay have a very good offense and luck is on their side also. at least it seems that way. i am confident thay can beat carroll. carroll is very beatable. they have not played a team as good as euliss since the second round. allen has been playing the beast all of the playoffs.

Allen does'nt play enough defense to hang with Carroll..everyone has lit them up...go look at the Rockwall games for both teams..Carroll has a running game also, which Allen does not..

dragonsdaddy
12-10-2006, 01:57 PM

you are by definition completely unreliable and possibly psychotic to think that casey can even be in the same universe with riley when it comes to scrambling. casey is a great qb, don't get me wrong, but a better runner than rd. i'm pretty sure that you have earned the sign and permanent ignoring.

AllenEagle06
12-10-2006, 01:57 PM
mark
What does it mean when you say 'mark'? Just curious.

drgnbkr
12-10-2006, 01:59 PM

Maybe mark it so you can go back to what he said later?

ASH1157
you are by definition completely unreliable and possibly psychotic to think that casey can even be in the same universe with riley when it comes to scrambling. casey is a great qb, don't get me wrong, but a better runner than rd. i'm pretty sure that you have earned the sign and permanent ignoring.

FYI...it's Nathan, not Casey. Casey graduated in '04 and is starting QB at Arkansas.

dragonsdaddy

it's what the ticket guys say when something stupid or memorable is said, so the producers know to save it for later.

ScottS
12-10-2006, 02:00 PM

Yep, just scan for mark after the game on Saturday.

dragonsdaddy
12-10-2006, 02:00 PM
FYI...it's Nathan, not Casey. Casey graduated in '04 and is starting QB at Arkansas.

thanks. i hope to be cheering for nathan for years to come down with the owls.

dragons08
12-10-2006, 02:01 PM

didnt Colleyville have a better offense (stat wise) and dont they throw a lot more than allen? if so, look at yesterday. if its still similar, still you can look at how we only allowed 110ish yards on a prolific passing game..that must say something

isnt allen weak on defense as well? dont they give up a lot of passing yards?

Winston
12-10-2006, 02:02 PM
if the shoe fits, and i'm guessing you have those kind of feet that whenever they aren't in your mouth, are very easy to fit into any available footware.

Sorry, I'm not going to participate in name-calling here. But I will make jokes about what I want to on this board, and no name-calling or otherwise socially objectionable behavior exhibited by others can prevent that.

I think it will take a super-human effort by Allen to beat SLC, for the record. I hope they can come up with it.

You fine gentlemen have a good day.

AllenEagle06
12-10-2006, 02:03 PM
isnt allen weak on defense as well? dont they give up a lot of passing yards?
Yep, I would like to know Westerberg's game plan for defending your passing game this week.

BigFanSLC
12-10-2006, 02:05 PM
CHHS passing yards both games: 168 first game, 118 second game..... CHHS season average: 303.1 ypg.

big red & cujo
12-10-2006, 02:05 PM

ha ha !! no when he says mark. he is calling me a name. mark is like sayng punk or something you know.

dragons08
12-10-2006, 02:06 PM
another thing, against CH we PROVED we could manage the clock, have long drives, etc. that'll keep the potent Allen offense off the field, and just wear out their defense even more

ScottS
12-10-2006, 02:06 PM
ha ha !! no when he says mark. he is calling me a name. mark is like sayng punk or something you know.

Wrong, its to mark it for after the game.

big red & cujo
12-10-2006, 02:08 PM
dodge is not that good of a scrambler to me. plus dick casey is bigger and taller which helps make him harder to tackle.

BigFanSLC
12-10-2006, 02:09 PM
dodge is not that good of a scrambler to me. plus dick casey is bigger and taller which helps make him harder to tackle.

Your crazy big red.... Riley Dodge is a pure athlete. He is so elusive when he gets out of the pocket. you must have just seen the past few games with his ankle hurt.. ill try to find his highlight film for you to see some good runs.

BigFanSLC
12-10-2006, 02:10 PM
http://64.237.99.126/oldclips/2008BA035.wmv

there ya go Big Red...

my3sons
12-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Both teams are multi-demensional, SLC is always good on keeping the chains moving usually with Tre & Riley only though. Allen can run and pass with multiple backs and recievers. Would give SLC a slight edge on O overall and on D SLC is much better as Allen gives up big plays but holds when needed. Look at RR & SW games both with good O but Allen held when really had to.

So the real way to bet SLC is like Trinty did, jam the recievers at the line, sack Dodge and contain the run with good run defense. Unfortunately, Allen is only so so at that. For Allen to win we need SLC to play like yesterday, 2 INT's & 2 fumbles lost as well as contain long bombs and the run. It can be done. Only Trinity and Katy have done so in the last few years. Would like to see Allen step up and do it next week but guess we'll see.

This will be a great game as both teams have large followings and SLC looks to be suspect to getting beat. Trinty had them beat until the coach made two bonehead moves, not kicking the FG in 1st QTR and fack punt with 1:27 left. Their defense stifled SLC's O in that game and do not believe they would have been able to come back 10 pts with that time left and 80 yds if he had done everything right, but didn't so all just thoughts of how he lost the game as SLC won 22-21 instead of losing 24-22.

better look at the stats --their defense did not stifle SLC's offense. If Allen can score on the SLC defense, it might be competitive. 8 teams have scored 7 points or less. couple of those that scored more than 7 were against the second team defense. that is the test for Allen. See if you can score more than 21.

reed35
12-10-2006, 02:11 PM
show up and play.

my3sons
12-10-2006, 02:13 PM
Steroids

what do you have for breakfast?

tjw
12-10-2006, 02:19 PM
to answer your opinions/questions. slc plays defense against a better passing team than allen every day in practice, I doubt this its about the same. they have faced 7-8 spread teams and have defensed them all well enough to be one of the top defensive teams(statistically) in the state, Allen just played SW who is higher ranked defensive team then SLC in the state.we are averaging giving up less that 10 points a game and this one won't be much different, SW avg's 8 pts a game and they gave up 33 pts so we'll see on this too. the slc running game, while always potent has gone to a new level in the last 2 games, lets see Tre 41 rushes last game so stop Tre stops SLC run game same as SW stop Stewart stop SW running game. we may be able to score 35 against allen, but i don't see allen coming close to 38, all depends how the day goes doubt Allen scores less then 21 but could score in the 30's.

Like I said it will be a good game. Allen has played a better defenses so far as well as some equal or better offenses.

dragonsdaddy
12-10-2006, 02:32 PM
Like I said it will be a good game. Allen has played a better defenses so far as well as some equal or better offenses.

please name all the offenses that are better, at least staistically, and not just subjectively, than slc. you want these things to be true, but that doesn't make them so.

allendad
12-10-2006, 02:32 PM
Wow,

I was hoping that we were not going to have this kind of crap this week.

I would think that by advertising that your team is 77-1 that you wouldn't take things so personally.

Certainly you(slc)guys would realize what you believe your team is.

If someone, not from the DFW area, comes along and has an opinion other than yours, he gets slammed.

Being 77-1, haven't y'all learned anything YET? I really expected more.:(
Don't you face this smack crap each and every week?

I have an idea what Allen will face this Saturday. It's a tall order to fill.

I have no fear of Carroll. You only fear things that you don't know.

I feared W.F. because I had no idea what to expect.

To have to "prove" that Allen's players are "better" than SLC's is crazy.
I could ask you to prove that Riley is better than Nathan.

They are two different players. Was Joe Montana or Vince Young better?
(Ooops, wrong state to ask that question in.:) )

I am refusing to let the trolls come in here stir the pot up for me.

I have a healthy respect for Carroll. I would be silly not to.

I believe Allen can beat Carroll.

Your stats are stats. That's it. A&M had the stats. Lufkin had the stats. Westfield had the stats.

Slc is 14-0 . . . . . .Allen is 13-1.

Is it how much you win by, or that you win.

Winning is winning. You learn when you win. You learn HOW to win.

Don't let the trolls take over and turn this into a smack down.

Allendad

Stats are subjective. Variables exsist.

BigFanSLC
12-10-2006, 02:34 PM
so you think the SLC players will want to be the team to lose and ruin the great run? NO! they play everygame like its their last and i know allen does too. but in my eyes i feel the dragons have more on the line then allen does.

ASH1157
12-10-2006, 02:43 PM

Don't know about the better offenses (although I might argue that Round Rock's was about as solidly prepared as they come), but I think they played a dang good defense yesterday(Westfield). If SLC has that kind of defense this year, Allen may be in trouble.

Truthfully, on the field, I think it comes down to Allen's defense...again. (This is beginning to sound like a broken record from all the Allen threads). Can it be "fixed" this late in the postseason? Probably not. I don't know if they're good enough to put a tap on all of SLC's offensive weapons...even if some of those weapons aren't playing at full speed right now.

Plus, there's the elusive mental edge SLC has over its opponents. They never get rattled easily (or they didn't in past years). I've not seen Riley Dodge as their QB, but the past two guys were incredibly poised team leaders. That makes a huge difference when the chips are seemingly down which they aren't that often for SLC.

my3sons
12-10-2006, 02:50 PM
One positive for Allen is the fact that Nathan Dick has had 2 years worth of experience playing against SLC's defense. You'll recall that Casey was injured and Lil'Brother stepped up and actually played a good game, especially for a sophomore. However, the bad news is that Nathan Dick has played the SLC defense the past 2 years and knows what to expect. He will be hit by many different players. Again, Allen has to score more than 21 to win. There's the challenge. We'll see how it turns out Sat. Winner should go all the way.

Winston
12-10-2006, 02:51 PM
what do you have for breakfast?

The point of the joke was that Allen would have to do something quite unorthodox to prevail over SLC. I didn't know I would get such a warm welcome in response to it. Normally in my experience, people don't react to jokes that way unless they aren't really jokes.

my3sons
12-10-2006, 02:57 PM
Wow,

I would think that by advertising that your team is 77-1 that you wouldn't take things so personally.

If someone, not from the DFW area, comes along and has an opinion other than yours, he gets slammed.

Your stats are stats. That's it. A&M had the stats. Lufkin had the stats. Westfield had the stats.

Allendad

Good for you. The SLC faithful isn't trying to belittle the opposition. You are right, we recognize what the team has achieved over 5 years and are dang proud of it. One thing about history though, it doesn't count on this year's team effort to win a state title. Of the 77 wins, only 14 count. SLC's 14 wins includes 2 wins over common opponents Rockwall and Lake Highlands. Neither of them could run the ball and they each only scored 1 td with the SLC first team defense in the game. Look forward to a competitive game. I won't call you any names but I will challenge you statistically speaking, so be prepared. I was pulling for you all in Region 2, even before Lufkin lost. After all, I love the Big Allen band and preferred a Metroplex team representing us at State. This semi is for state. No disrespect to Pearland or Westlake, just my opinion.

allendad
12-10-2006, 02:57 PM
One positive for Allen is the fact that Nathan Dick has had 2 years worth of experience playing against SLC's defense. You'll recall that Casey was injured and Lil'Brother stepped up and actually played a good game, especially for a sophomore. However, the bad news is that Nathan Dick has played the SLC defense the past 2 years and knows what to expect. He will be hit by many different players. Again, Allen has to score more than 21 to win. There's the challenge. We'll see how it turns out Sat. Winner should go all the way.

Good thoughts.

The truth is, THESE two teams have not played each other.

Allendad

Bandnerd1983
12-10-2006, 03:05 PM
Wow,

Allendad

Well said Allen Dad,

But, I think it will fall on deaf ears!!!!!!! SLC can't resist putting another team down.

Don't get me wrong SLC is a great team, but they are beatable. Winning streaks do come to an end, and it's not a question of if, it's question of when.

Don't give me stats on another game, this a new game with a different team stats don't matter.

So when the smack talk is getting really bad, Fans of Allen take the high road because of can win with smack or win with class.

DragonDad
12-10-2006, 03:07 PM
Steroids

KT2000 can we just ban this guy. How many more times are we going to have to hear the drug references before something is done?

Winston
12-10-2006, 03:09 PM
It was a joke.

DragonDad
12-10-2006, 03:13 PM

are you friends withe rams55? you both share the same rose-colored glasses. I don't think Allen compares with Trinity's offense or size. Not too worried about your passing game. I am more worried about the 4 turnovers this past weekend; 2 of them interceptions in the end zone.

BigFanSLC
12-10-2006, 03:14 PM
Well said Allen Dad,

But, I think it will fall on deaf ears!!!!!!! SLC can't resist putting another team down.

Don't get me wrong SLC is a great team, but they are beatable. Winning streaks do come to an end, and it's not a question of if, it's question of when.

Don't give me stats on another game, this a new game with a different team stats don't matter.

So when the smack talk is getting really bad, Fans of Allen take the high road because of can win with smack or win with class.

Thats what Colleyville fans were saying last week... its a new game blah blah blah, stats dont matter blah blah blah.... but if im not mistaken dont statistics make up what happens during the games?

Bandnerd1983
12-10-2006, 03:15 PM
Thats what Colleyville fans were saying last week... its a new game blah blah blah, stats dont matter blah blah blah.... but if im not mistaken dont statistics make up what happens during the games?

You just proved my point.

BigFanSLC
12-10-2006, 03:18 PM
how? im not talking smack at all... ive given credit to Allen this year.... im just saying every week its the same ole talk about how this week will be diff., SLC will lose soon and this weekend they will..... IT GETS OLD! so until SLC loses, us fans will keep posting with confidence

allendad
12-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Steroids

As I reread this post, I think Winston was refering to Allen having to take steroids to beat SLC.

I see he is from Austin. He may not know about . . . . . Well, you know, past accusations.

Allendad

drgnbkr
12-10-2006, 03:21 PM
As I reread this post, I think Winston was refering to Allen having to take steroids to beat SLC.

I see he is from Austin. He may not know about . . . . . Well, you know, past accusations.

Allendad

Yeah, he probably confused Carroll with Colleyville, as happens frequently...but it is just not something to throw around, even in that context..

allendad
12-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Yeah, he probably confused Carroll with Colleyville, as happens frequently...but it is just not something to throw around, even in that context..

Bkr,

I mean . . .

Read the question, "What must Allen do to have a chance of beating Carroll?"

He answered, "Steroids".

Doesn't that mean that he thinks Allen will need steroids to have a chance?

I might be Naive, but I don't think he understands why he's being blasted.

tjw
12-10-2006, 03:28 PM

Allendad

Good point he may not know about steroid charlie arrested in 04 with his list of clients, lets see seem to recall 2 SLC palyers, 2 Trinity and 1 Colleyville Heritage? Of course that was 2 years ago so sure that is all gone, I hope...:confused:

Maybe it was 2 Colleyville, 2 Trinity and 1 SLC my memory maybe incorrect Drgnbkr? But I know all 3 schools were listed?

Winston
12-10-2006, 03:31 PM

Allendad

Thank you, Allendad. No, I don't know about a lot of past accusations, nor did I know certain subjects were somewhat taboo on this board. I reported the post asking for my ban to the mods, BTW, so if I am to be banned, I suppose it will happen soon enough. I enjoy contributing to the board and I'm sorry if some of you don't enjoy my humor as much as I do sometimes.

drgnbkr
12-10-2006, 03:34 PM
Good point he may not know about steroid charlie arrested in 04 with his list of clients, lets see seem to recall 2 SLC palyers, 2 Trinity and 1 Colleyville Heritage? Of course that was 2 years ago so sure that is all gone, I hope...:confused:

Maybe it was 2 Colleyville, 2 Trinity and 1 SLC my memory maybe incorrect Drgnbkr? But I know all 3 schools were listed?

Nope you got it wrong..it was a Colleyville scandal..period..if you want to throw crap around go do it somewhere else...They are sick of it as we are for being included in their issue..it is way beyond dead...

DragonDad
12-10-2006, 03:34 PM
Bkr,

I mean . . .

Read the question, "What must Allen do to have a chance of beating Carroll?"

He answered, "Steroids".

Doesn't that mean that he thinks Allen will need steroids to have a chance?

I might be Naive, but I don't think he understands why he's being blasted.

Doesn't really matter if it was Allen or SLC. Wrong place, wrong time. We talk about cars getting scratched and whole threads get removed.

Bandnerd1983
12-10-2006, 03:38 PM
how? im not talking smack at all... ive given credit to Allen this year.... im just saying every week its the same ole talk about how this week will be diff., SLC will lose soon and this weekend they will..... IT GETS OLD! so until SLC loses, us fans will keep posting with confidence

You need to go back and reread my post, I never said that SLC was going to lose this week, I said they are a beatable team. I'm glad you've given Allen credit this year, and like I said SLC is a great team.

But, there is a difference between posting with confidence and putting down another team that some not all posters have done.

BigFanSLC
12-10-2006, 03:42 PM
You need to go back and reread my post, I never said that SLC was going to lose this week, I said they are a beatable team. I'm glad you've given Allen credit this year, and like I said SLC is a great team.

But, there is a difference between posting with confidence and putting down another team that some not all posters have done.

Your right... there is a diff. and i hope you dont think im putting down allen at all...
Every week i get really nervous for SLC and their players bc they have a huge bullseye on their backs every week, every team wants to beat the Dragons and the carroll players know this... anyone can win on any given day.

Saturday will be electric at TS and i hope the best to both teams and a injury-free game.

tjw
12-10-2006, 03:43 PM
Nope you got it wrong..it was a Colleyville scandal..period..if you want to throw crap around go do it somewhere else...They are sick of it as we are for being included in their issue..it is way beyond dead...

I hope so and not throwing crap but did read it originally in DMN that all 3 teams were involved which no one can deny. Yes, SLC & Trinity were cleared during the investigaation but still had SLC players names on buyers lists??? Which no one could say either way, only they know for sure. I would hope players would not resort to that when you see the Plano kid dead at 17 and all Pro baseball players dead or sick by 40.

protect-the-tradition
12-10-2006, 03:55 PM
It was a joke.

Your joke is very uncalled for-- you should be banned-- drugs have no place here or anywhere as far as that goes

dragonsdaddy
12-10-2006, 03:55 PM
I hope so and not throwing crap but did read it originally in DMN that all 3 teams were involved which no one can deny. Yes, SLC & Trinity were cleared during the investigaation but still had SLC players names on buyers lists??? Which no one could say either way, only they know for sure. I would hope players would not resort to that when you see the Plano kid dead at 17 and all Pro baseball players dead or sick by 40.

trinity was never thrown under the bus by the cville octet. it was gvine and slc that the losers tried to implicate. you and several others bought the original story and still find it handy to throw some fitlth on the boards and hope some sticks.

WestPlano006
12-10-2006, 04:00 PM
Allen has the best O line in the playoffs right now. O lines win games.

drgnbkr
12-10-2006, 04:02 PM

Carroll vs Allen..Saturday at 1..come see how your theory holds up....:D

tayb
12-10-2006, 04:03 PM

SLC has the best defense and arguably the most efficient offense... defenses win championships, not offensive lines.

Bandnerd1983
12-10-2006, 04:03 PM
Your right... there is a diff. and i hope you dont think im putting down allen at all...
Every week i get really nervous for SLC and their players bc they have a huge bullseye on their backs every week, every team wants to beat the Dragons and the carroll players know this... anyone can win on any given day.

Saturday will be electric at TS and i hope the best to both teams and a injury-free game.

Can't wait for Saturday good luck to both teams.

And, no I don't your putting Allen down.

protect-the-tradition
12-10-2006, 04:04 PM
Carroll vs Allen..Saturday at 1..come see how your theory holds up....:D

does anyone know what time the gates will be open?

BigFanSLC
12-10-2006, 04:06 PM
OK.... i just watched a pretty good video on Inside High School Football on Nathan Dick and some good highlights on Allen.

WR'S: #81 and # 82 are big, taller than the SLC corners. #7 is quick so is #22.
Nathan Dick can throw (even those his balls dont look nice but the balls are there to be caught) and is pretty mobile and is a tall lenky(sp?) runner.
Your o-line looks big and strong.

This game is going to be very tough for the Dragons.
SLC cant take allen lightly bc of the past, bc Allen's gotta be pretty good to be in the semifinals of 5A Div. 1.

Heres the video.....
http://insidehighschoolfootball.com/video.aspx?itemID=1001212859&catID=5728

drgnbkr
12-10-2006, 04:07 PM
does anyone know what time the gates will be open?

I bet it will be thea same as the Trinity game...9 for the parking lots...10:30 for the stadium

Winston
12-10-2006, 04:08 PM
Your joke is very uncalled for-- you should be banned-- drugs have no place here or anywhere as far as that goes

Yes, I have gotten a pretty good idea about how some SLC folks feel about my joke. Reading through recent posts, I'm truly sorry if I brought up the memory of something horrible that may have happened to someone in the past. If this is the case, I promise I won't make jokes about it anymore. I asked the mods to let me know if I was doing anything wrong, so I will learn about it from somebody that doesn't have a dragon in their avatar soon enough. Even if something like that did happen, attacking first and asking questions later is uncalled for.

drgnbkr
12-10-2006, 04:09 PM
Yes, I have gotten a pretty good idea about how some SLC folks feel about my joke. Reading through recent posts, I'm truly sorry if I brought up the memory of something horrible that may have happened to someone in the past. If this is the case, I won't make jokes about it anymore. I asked the mods to let me know if I was doing anything wrong, so I will learn about it from somebody that doesn't have a dragon in their avatar soon enough.

It happened to Colleyville..thats why you don't need to be dragging others into it...

dragonsdaddy
12-10-2006, 04:10 PM
i just want to know in advance, will there be lots of keying of cars, or booing fight songs? cause we seem to really have it easier against teams whose fans try to beat us using those time worn techniques.

CKE
12-10-2006, 04:11 PM
Any thoughts?

score more points

protect-the-tradition
12-10-2006, 04:11 PM
I bet it will be thea same as the Trinity game...9 for the parking lots...10:30 for the stadium

Thank you,, I just hope they have more gates open and more police officer's to help with traffic. yesterday it was crazy

BigFanSLC
12-10-2006, 04:13 PM
Thank you,, I just hope they have more gates open and more police officer's to help with traffic. yesterday it was crazy

Thats why you get there early to tailgate :D

Mr. Buddy Garrity
12-10-2006, 04:20 PM
First Allen cannot be scared of SLC :rolleyes: . Secondly---pray a lot and ask jimmy johnson to come back and coach, and third sabotage RD's and Tre Newton's grades so they cant play.

with that being said SLC by 28. :D

tjw
12-10-2006, 04:23 PM
i just want to know in advance, will there be lots of keying of cars, or booing fight songs? cause we seem to really have it easier against teams whose fans try to beat us using those time worn techniques.

Can't speak for all fans but Allen is not known for these kind of tactics. And I don't care if they are Allen or SLC fans if I see anyone doing this I will turn them over to the police and would hope all would do the same.

tjw
12-10-2006, 04:24 PM
Thats why you get there early to tailgate :D

We need Jerry Jones not to be so cheap and open those gates!

BigFish_SLC
12-10-2006, 04:28 PM

Stop right there...put down the pipe and quit drinking the bong water. :eek:

allendad
12-10-2006, 04:35 PM

Daddy,

Have those things really happened to y'all in the past?

I don't know anyone that dislikes Carroll THAT much out this way.

I wouldn't wait for the police though.:mad:

We don't play that kind of crap up here.

Now, if y'all start acting like Miami in the 90's, you might hear boo's.:p

Allendad

PackAttack2005
12-10-2006, 04:40 PM
The only way Allen wins this game is for Soutlake not to show up at Texas Stadium.

I saw Allen play WF at SFA and I think the Southlake defense will continue their post season dominance. Allen doesn't have the defensive secondary speed to stay with the Southlakes offense.

Bet you guys have another 46,000 at TS Saturday.

Southlake - 38 Allen - 17

dragonsdaddy
12-10-2006, 04:42 PM
Daddy,

Allendad
it's the cville sign of affection. they are funny that way.

drgnbkr
12-10-2006, 04:43 PM
Daddy,

Allendad

We've had trouble at Colleyville's stadium..but we have a shuttle now and park at Dragons Stadium..nothing we can't handle or would expect anywhere else...

allendad
12-10-2006, 04:47 PM
it's the cville sign of affection. they are funny that way.

I guess then . . . .

WE don't LOVE you that much.

That kind of stuff is so, so, so . . . West Texas!:eek:

(NOw don't write about the wise crack y'all)

Allendad

DragonDad
12-10-2006, 04:48 PM

I haven't seen the Allen O-Line play lately. I can tell you that Carroll's O-Line is getting the job done in the playoffs. They give Riley LOTS of time to throw the ball, and their trap/seal blocking is great. Most times, Tre gets thru the line UNTOUCHED. They gotta be doing something right.

If the Allen line is that good, then it will be a great matchup with the Dragon Defense.

I heard that Allen isn't that big (This coming from my boss who is an Allen season ticket holder). I'll have to do lots of sucking up this week.

twcpfan1
12-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Will it be a double header? Is Cedar Hill and Garland playing too? I'm thinking of going. Have the times been set? Not too familiar with the Metroplex area. What's the best way to get to TS from The Woodlands? Obviously, take 45 Nth, then what..?

allendad
12-10-2006, 04:58 PM
I haven't seen the Allen O-Line play lately. I can tell you that Carroll's O-Line is getting the job done in the playoffs. They give Riley LOTS of time to throw the ball, and their trap/seal blocking is great. Most times, Tre gets thru the line UNTOUCHED. They gotta be doing something right.

If the Allen line is that good, then it will be a great matchup with the Dragon Defense.

I heard that Allen isn't that big (This coming from my boss who is an Allen season ticket holder). I'll have to do lots of sucking up this week.

He's playing mind games with ya man.:D

drgnbkr
12-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Will it be a double header? Is Cedar Hill and Garland playing too? I'm thinking of going. Have the times been set? Not too familiar with the Metroplex area. What's the best way to get to TS from The Woodlands? Obviously, take 45 Nth, then what..?

Games are at 1 and 5 with Carroll / Allen the first one...take I-45 to Dallas and follow the signs to I-35 North toward Denton..take the 183-West exit off of I-35 and you will run smack into Texas Stadium..be sure and wear green...:D

dragonsdaddy
12-10-2006, 05:03 PM

45 to i-35 north to 183 north to ts.

twcpfan1
12-10-2006, 05:24 PM
Games are at 1 and 5 with Carroll / Allen the first one...take I-45 to Dallas and follow the signs to I-35 North toward Denton..take the 183-West exit off of I-35 and you will run smack into Texas Stadium..be sure and wear green...:D

LOL. Thanks. Unfortunately, I got rid of all my green stuff when College Park opened. I'll just be the innocent bystander in blue.(CP colors). Thanks for the directions, guys.

PESHfan
12-10-2006, 05:47 PM
KT2000 can we just ban this guy. How many more times are we going to have to hear the drug references before something is done?

Good Grief! Time to lighten up folks. Everyone outside of Southlake thought his comment was just a joke. Hardly cause to ban the guy. :rolleyes:

PESHfan
12-10-2006, 05:59 PM
Stop right there...put down the pipe and quit drinking the bong water. :eek:

DragonDad, you may need to ask for this guy to be banned as well. :eek:

dragonsdaddy
12-10-2006, 06:03 PM
Good Grief! Time to lighten up folks. Everyone outside of Southlake thought his comment was just a joke. Hardly cause to ban the guy. :rolleyes:

the definition of a minor apartment fire is when it is in someone else's apartment. the definition of a joke is when it makes at least a significant minority of the readers at least chuckle. the definition of a shiv in the back is exemplified by winston. the value of his commentary and his "jokes" can be measured in confederate currency, and it wouldn't take very much to overprice it all. he will be much better ignored, imo.

BigFish_SLC
12-10-2006, 06:06 PM
DragonDad, you may need to ask for this guy to be banned as well. :eek:

Hey I've been kicked outta better joints that this...:D

Favpack
12-10-2006, 06:08 PM
The Allen folks I talked to seemed to be pretty confident of their chances - I like that. I would say the odds are about 10-15% of it happening.

Allen has a tough, physical D against the run - they played well against a physical SW run team, especially on 3rd down. Newton won't rush for 300 yards - bank on that. But, SLC will throw for maybe 400 yards.

What I like about Allen's O is their O-line is very physical and tough, I like Dick's pocket presence and I like the fact either wide-out (7 or 82) can go all the way any play. I understand Allen lost a slotback to an ankle injury - wondering if he'll be back?

Dick will need to have the game of his life - and Allen will need to score at least 45 - I just don't see that happening.

Winston
12-10-2006, 06:09 PM

Wait a minute - I thought the reason they were upset must have been because something unspeakably terrible happened to some poor kid(s) they knew some time ago because of steroids. Is this not the case?

Winston
12-10-2006, 06:18 PM
the definition of a minor apartment fire is when it is in someone else's apartment. the definition of a joke is when it makes at least a significant minority of the readers at least chuckle. the definition of a shiv in the back is exemplified by winston. the value of his commentary and his "jokes" can be measured in confederate currency, and it wouldn't take very much to overprice it all. he will be much better ignored, imo.

Yes, I would like it if you ignored me too. It sure beats name-calling, personal attacks, and ban efforts. I will not be made to post only to your liking, so you may as well do what most adults do when they don't wish to participate in an interactive dialogue.

Well I'll be checking out of this thread for now - maybe longer, if the mods decide to ban me for causing SLC folks to insult me. Best of luck to both teams.

Gazelle
12-10-2006, 06:45 PM

As you pass D'town on your left, take the Woodall Rodgers Expressway exit. After getting on Woodall Rodgers Expressway, get into the 2nd right hand lane ASAP. Follow the signs to I35E North. (American Airline Center and the W hotel will be on the right of I35E.) Get in the 2nd lane from the left. Follow this lane, and you will get to State 183 (exit 433 B). TS will be in front of you, about 2-3 miles away. State 114 bears off on the right in about 2 miles, but stay on 183. Take the 1st exit after the 114 exit (a right hand exit, and I believe it is listed as Loop 12 North exit). You will be on an access road and the entrance to the stadium parking lots are on your right. If you get there at about 11am (like most people), there will be no problem getting in. As for getting out, GOOD F*ing LUCK!!!

PESHfan
12-10-2006, 07:45 PM
Wait a minute - I thought the reason they were upset must have been because something unspeakably terrible happened to some poor kid(s) they knew some time ago because of steroids. Is this not the case?

Last year, or the year before, there was a big scandal of football players from several schools being accused of using steroids. Nothing much ever came of the story, but SLC happened to be mentioned in the story. That's why the only ones who saw no humor in your comment were the ones from SLC.

A baseball player at Plano West died a few years ago due to steroids, and his family was devastated. Seeing that you are from Austin, I just figured your comment was intended to be funny, and not intended as fighting words to anyone. Evidently the SLC folks thought differently.

Personally, I would like to see the UIL institute random drug testing for all athletes that advance to PO's in any sport. Hopefully this would be a deterrent for those few students out there who feel that winning while taking steroids is a good thing as long as you're not caught. This opinion is not aimed at SLC or any particular school or program. I just feel that it would be a good policy to discourage the use of steroids. We all know that there are way too many kids using them. We just never hear about it or admit it until a promising athlete like the one from Plano West actually die. Steroids are a serious matter among athletes and should be addressed at some point rather than swept under the rug for fear of offending anyone. Just my opinion...

jdlewallen
12-10-2006, 07:54 PM

Right...21 points is "toasted"??? I don't think so....

Allen might stand a chance, but they will have to play tough for 4 full quarters against a very potent defense, and an offense that can explode when you least expect it. If the game is high scoring, it will be SLC romping. I would say you best hope for a low scoring game, because SLC's defense doesn't give you too many chances.

dragonsdaddy
12-10-2006, 07:54 PM
Last year, or the year before, there was a big scandal of football players from several schools being accused of using steroids. Nothing much ever came of the story, but SLC happened to be mentioned in the story. That's why the only ones who saw no humor in your comment were the ones from SLC.

A baseball player at Plano West died a few years ago due to steroids, and his family was devastated. Seeing that you are from Austin, I just figured your comment was intended to be funny, and not intended as fighting words to anyone. Evidently the SLC folks thought differently.

Personally, I would like to see the UIL institute random drug testing for all athletes that advance to PO's in any sport. Hopefully this would be a deterrent for those few students out there who feel that winning while taking steroids is a good thing as long as you're not caught. This opinion is not aimed at SLC or any particular school or program. I just feel that it would be a good policy to discourage the use of steroids. We all know that there are way too many kids using them. We just never hear about it or admit it until a promising athlete like the one from Plano West actually die. Steroids are a serious matter among athletes and should be addressed at some point rather than swept under the rug for fear of offending anyone. Just my opinion...

so, would you assume that the pwest faithful and the baseball team in particular saw a lot of humor in this "joke"? and wouldn't it be hilarious to make jokes about neck injuries?

jdlewallen
12-10-2006, 08:07 PM

I doubt SLC's defense will have much trouble. Even if they don't get to him, they will hurry him and confuse him and make his day miserable.

Allen's D gave up over 90 points in the first three games of the playoffs. SLC's gave up 27, posting two shutouts in that time. I predict the SLC juggernaut will continue past next week....

FeeltheHaka
12-10-2006, 08:21 PM
The only chance Allen will have is if Riley Dodge is not at least 80%. Texas Stadium is like a home game for Southlake. I can't think of any advantages that Allen might have.

jdlewallen
12-10-2006, 08:26 PM
The only chance Allen will have is if Riley Dodge is not at least 80%. Texas Stadium is like a home game for Southlake. I can't think of any advantages that Allen might have.

That will just keep SLC from scoring quite AS much....If Riley is having a bad day, they just had it to Trey (like they did this week as he rushed for over 300 yards himself!!:eek: ).

As I said before, Allen doesn't have the D to hang with SLC, as evidenced by the number of points they have given up this year. SLC's D will keep their scoring to a minimum, and SLC will score quite a few, regardless of Riley's health. We put him on the turf several times, a couple of them pretty hard, and even saw him pulled for a series. We held them to 7 points in the first half, and they STILL came back to romp all over us in the second half.:( Their D is too potent and their O is too explosive. SLC will win by a comfortable margin.

Winston
12-10-2006, 08:28 PM

Thanks for the explanation PESH fan. No, I didn't know about the incident involving the young man, and I'm sincerely sorry to anyone connected to it in this thread who may have been hurt by the joke. I would be hurt too.

No, I didn't intentionally set out to stir up SLC fans. Now I have a little bit better idea why they aren't happy with me.

I am going to avoid joking about steroids on this board. Thanks again PESHfan.

PESHfan
12-10-2006, 08:31 PM
so, would you assume that the pwest faithful and the baseball team in particular saw a lot of humor in this "joke"? and wouldn't it be hilarious to make jokes about neck injuries?

You guys from SLC need to spend more time focusing on your chest thumping of telling Allen how much better you are, than the one small comment posted early in this thread. The only ones who should have been offended by Winston's comment are those that have personally been affected by steroid use. My kids are more into academia and getting good scholarships, so steroid abuse has never personally affected my family. Time to take a deep breath and move on. Winston has apologized if his comment upset anyone. For goodness sake folks, MOVE ON! Everyone else who saw his comment just said Hmm, and moved on to the next post. Time for you to do the same thing and not be distracted by it. It's not worth it.

ASH1157
12-10-2006, 09:08 PM

Thanks for the A-town support, big red & cujo...but a correction needs to be made. Allen's QB is the younger brother of Casey - Nathan Dick. They're definitely cut from the same cloth (well, duh...they are brothers, after all), but they each have their own unique strengths and weaknesses.

Great parents, btw. I'm going to miss seeing Mr. and Mrs. D. in the stands next year.

Incidentally, Nathan has been the starting QB in the last two playoff games Allen has played against SLC, so this will be his 3rd go round. (In 2004, Nathan played backup to his brother who was injured and not able to play when Allen faced SLC.) I'm certain he knows what to expect as far as hoopla and pre-game jitters are concerned.

farmerfan
12-10-2006, 09:11 PM
As you pass D'town on your left, take the Woodall Rodgers Expressway exit. After getting on Woodall Rodgers Expressway, get into the 2nd right hand lane ASAP. Follow the signs to I35E North. (American Airline Center and the W hotel will be on the right of I35E.) Get in the 2nd lane from the left. Follow this lane, and you will get to State 183 (exit 433 B). TS will be in front of you, about 2-3 miles away. State 114 bears off on the right in about 2 miles, but stay on 183. Take the 1st exit after the 114 exit (a right hand exit, and I believe it is listed as Loop 12 North exit). You will be on an access road and the entrance to the stadium parking lots are on your right. If you get there at about 11am (like most people), there will be no problem getting in. As for getting out, GOOD F*ing LUCK!!!

Just be sure when you exit off of 45/75 that you are not looking for the Woodall Rogers exit sign. The exit will be the one for I-35, the rest of that is spot on and will get you to TX stadium without much of a problem.

tjw
12-10-2006, 09:11 PM
I doubt SLC's defense will have much trouble. Even if they don't get to him, they will hurry him and confuse him and make his day miserable.

Allen's D gave up over 90 points in the first three games of the playoffs. SLC's gave up 27, posting two shutouts in that time. I predict the SLC juggernaut will continue past next week....

Allen heard this before the SW game too, less then 8 pts a game (better then SLC D) and blitzing and confusing the Allen QB, sorry it did not happen and don't see that happening Saturday.

Yes, they did give up 90 points but also scored 143 points in those games too don't forget.

jdlewallen
12-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Allen heard this before the SW game too, less then 8 pts a game (better then SLC D) and blitzing and confusing the Allen QB, sorry it did not happen and don't see that happening Saturday.

Yes, they did give up 90 points but also scored 143 points in those games too don't forget.

Won't against SLC's defense. And don't tell them they are soft on their secondary coverage or they will just hit you that much harder.:p

As I said before, I wish you luck, but I don't see anyone stopping this SLC team. They are too multi-faceted to be overcome, and they are extraordinarily well-coached. If you manage to be effective in the first half, they will find a way to overcome it and WILL do so in the second half. Shut down the pass, and they will run over you. Shut off the run, and they will kill you with their passing. And in the meantime their defense will make your QB's life miserable and shut down the most potent offenses. Your QB needs more than 2 seconds to pass, and there won't be any room to run.

tjw
12-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Won't against SLC's defense. And don't tell them they are soft on their secondary coverage or they will just hit you that much harder.:p

As I said before, I wish you luck, but I don't see anyone stopping this SLC team. They are too multi-faceted to be overcome, and they are extraordinarily well-coached. If you manage to be effective in the first half, they will find a way to overcome it and WILL do so in the second half. Shut down the pass, and they will run over you. Shut off the run, and they will kill you with their passing. And in the meantime their defense will make your QB's life miserable and shut down the most potent offenses. Your QB needs more than 2 seconds to pass, and there won't be any room to run.

Thanks as we'll need it. I'm not sure you are correct as I already watched Trinity run on the SLC D and they should have won if not for the two mistakes by their coach (not kicking the FG in 1st qtr & 4th qtr fake punt) which SLC took advantage to win by 1. Now can Allen do that and not make some mistake that SLC can take advantage of, guess we'll see Saturday.

dragonsdaddy
12-10-2006, 09:47 PM
You guys from SLC need to spend more time focusing on your chest thumping of telling Allen how much better you are, than the one small comment posted early in this thread. The only ones who should have been offended by Winston's comment are those that have personally been affected by steroid use. My kids are more into academia and getting good scholarships, so steroid abuse has never personally affected my family. Time to take a deep breath and move on. Winston has apologized if his comment upset anyone. For goodness sake folks, MOVE ON! Everyone else who saw his comment just said Hmm, and moved on to the next post. Time for you to do the same thing and not be distracted by it. It's not worth it.

thanks. boy it's great to have you tell me what i and others should be concerned with. i am seriously glad the comments were so hilarious. winston has a habit of making these "jokes", as you describe them every week or so. it gets funnier almost everytime he "jokes" about it.

drgnbkr
12-10-2006, 10:22 PM
Thanks as we'll need it. I'm not sure you are correct as I already watched Trinity run on the SLC D and they should have won if not for the two mistakes by their coach (not kicking the FG in 1st qtr & 4th qtr fake punt) which SLC took advantage to win by 1. Now can Allen do that and not make some mistake that SLC can take advantage of, guess we'll see Saturday.
Dream on..Allen won't go anywhere against the Carroll defense..nobody has yet..Your stuffs geting old and it's only Sunday...You would never be able to stay on the field with Trinity..they are in a different league...

dragonbuck
12-10-2006, 10:26 PM
Allen gave up 42 points to mesquite in the playoffs. that is the same amount of points that mesquite had scored against lowly Mesquite Horn (1 win/9 losses). and they expect to hold SC under 50???? Something doesn't add up.

drgnbkr
12-10-2006, 10:27 PM
Allen gave up 42 points to mesquite in the playoffs. that is the same amount of points that mesquite had scored against lowly Mesquite Horn (1 win/9 losses). and they expect to hold SC under 50???? Something doesn't add up.

They're going to have to call rent-a-defense..theirs will not be able to hang...

ScottS
12-10-2006, 10:28 PM
I'm going to just go ahead and say it.....SLC will win the title.

jdlewallen
12-10-2006, 10:37 PM
They're going to have to call rent-a-defense..theirs will not be able to hang...

I don't even think THAT would help....As many points as their D has given up in the playoffs alone, this one could get ugly FAST!!!!:eek:

Better mix up another batch of green Kool-Aid for next weekend....seems you guys will have to prove things to another group of folks next weekend.

BTW, I think you guys should change from the Dragons to the Borg....you know,

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE....YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED... lol...:p

BigFanSLC
12-10-2006, 10:38 PM
The game saturday will be like the Saints Cowboys game tonight... close early but then too many weapons for SLC in the end.

AllenEagle06
12-10-2006, 10:40 PM
I'm going to just go ahead and say it.....SLC will win the title.
You wouldn't be the first.

SLC-Baylor
12-10-2006, 10:40 PM
OK.... i just watched a pretty good video on Inside High School Football on Nathan Dick and some good highlights on Allen.

Heres the video.....
http://insidehighschoolfootball.com/video.aspx?itemID=1001212859&catID=5728

I just watched a pretty good video on Inside High School Football on Justin Padron...

Check out the hit he lays on Nathan Dick.

http://insidehighschoolfootball.com/video.aspx?itemID=1001212859&catID=5728&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

toddg
12-10-2006, 10:41 PM
Its the 3 R's! Roids, recruiting, and refs.

The use roids,

They recruit,

and they pay the refs!

There is no mistery!

No, the only mystery is why frequent posters on this board don't know that crunked9 is a former Carroll player--who is speaking tongue-in-cheek here. He, like most of us Carroll fans, has probably heard all too many unfounded accusations of which he speaks here tongue-in-cheek.

thanks. boy it's great to have you tell me what i and others should be concerned with. i am seriously glad the comments were so hilarious. winston has a habit of making these "jokes", as you describe them every week or so. it gets funnier almost everytime he "jokes" about it.

but yet it is ok for a former slc player to "joke" about it.

DPSimcho
12-10-2006, 10:52 PM

I'm sorry - - - maybe I'm missing something . . . How many 300 LB Tongans do you have at Allen?? :confused:

Trinity is hands down THE MOST physical team. Of course they were able to run on us (in the third quarter) . . . But remember - Southlake completely shut Trinity out the first half.

Second - Southlake had 2:30 left in the game - - - Southlake would have had that final touchdown whether the football was punted or not. Why do you think Trinity's coach called for the fake? HE KNEW Carroll would get the ball in the endzone with 2 minutes on the clock. Better off try for the first down and run out the clock.

Winston
12-10-2006, 10:57 PM

That is totally false. I defy you to quote any other steroid jokes I have made outside of this thread. I am reporting this post to the mods because it is a flat-out falsehood, apparently made with the intent to smear.

my3sons
12-11-2006, 06:40 PM
What must Allen do to have a chance of beating Carroll???

PRAY and PRAY again. Allen better score 35 or better, because Allen's defense will give up 35.

drgnbkr
12-11-2006, 06:45 PM
That is totally false. I defy you to quote any other steroid jokes I have made outside of this thread. I am reporting this post to the mods because it is a flat-out falsehood, apparently made with the intent to smear.

Now thats funny....:D

OILERtj3
12-11-2006, 06:48 PM
Score more points?

:D

my3sons
12-11-2006, 06:49 PM
Winston's going to tell on you? What is this, 3rd grade? Meet him on the playground and settle it like juveniles!:D

Gazelle
12-11-2006, 07:58 PM
1st - Get about 20 300# Tongans how can block and tackle.
2nd - control the middle of the field and keep R Dodge in the pocket
3rd - catch the ball when you have a chance for an interception

and finally

4th - PUNT THE BALL on 4th and 5 on your own 35!!!!!!!!

BleedBurntOrange
12-12-2006, 10:48 AM
The only thing I can think of would be to have Southlake's coach suddenly announce that he is leaving.............

Oh wait, that just happened.

DragonFan0316
12-12-2006, 10:57 AM
The only thing I can think of would be to have Southlake's coach suddenly announce that he is leaving.............

Oh wait, that just happened.

Will this announcement help the team or hurt it? They have known he was in the running for weeks. I think most if not all on the team knew this was his last season anyway. He has to get established somewhere and set the table for Riley.

This game should be about the players. I hope no one tries to chaepen the outcome by saying it was influenced by this announcement.:cool:

BigFanSLC
12-12-2006, 10:58 AM
the players wont Dodge leave SLC with a loss. this is just extra incentive to win state.

Football Bum
12-12-2006, 11:13 AM
I just watched a pretty good video on Inside High School Football on Justin Padron...

Check out the hit he lays on Nathan Dick.

http://insidehighschoolfootball.com/video.aspx?itemID=1001212859&catID=5728&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

I have seen better hits on Nathan than that one.

my3sons
12-12-2006, 01:04 PM
I have seen better hits on Nathan than that one.

You are going to see even more hits come Saturday.

cctharealest
12-12-2006, 02:47 PM
This Game Is Definitely Going To Be A Massacre Saturday Now. I Hink It Will Be Like Michigan-ohio St, Schembechler Dies, Michigan Plays The Best They Could Have Played Imo. Except This Is Carroll Vs Allen, And If Slc Plays The Best They Can Play, Allen Doesnt Stand Chance.

Pearland1
12-12-2006, 02:52 PM
The way you beat Carroll is by controling the clock and keeping their defense on the field and their offense on the sidelines. have a drives that eats up 8 or 10 minutes and score then if they score in 1 minute their defense will be dead tired by the 4th quarter.

chpanther
12-12-2006, 02:54 PM
The way you beat Carroll is by controling the clock and keeping their defense on the field and their offense on the sidelines. have a drives that eats up 8 or 10 minutes and score then if they score in 1 minute their defense will be dead tired by the 4th quarter.

call me crazy but they have one heck of a defense...

bigdaddydog
12-12-2006, 02:57 PM
What must Allen do to have a chance of beating Carroll???

PRAY and PRAY again. Allen better score 35 or better, because Allen's defense will give up 35.

ack! :D

Pearland1
12-12-2006, 02:57 PM
call me crazy but they have one heck of a defense...

They may have but if you keep pounding and pounding and eating clock and keeping them on the field they will get tired after awhile the key is running the ball and controlling the clock you cant get into a shoot out with them its all over then.

drgnbkr
12-12-2006, 02:58 PM
They may have but if you keep pounding and pounding and eating clock and keeping them on the field they will get tired after awhile the key is running the ball and controlling the clock you cant get into a shoot out with them its all over then.

Allen does'nt have a running game that will be able to move the ball on Carroll.

Pearland1
12-12-2006, 03:10 PM
Allen does'nt have a running game that will be able to move the ball on Carroll.

oh then they are in big trouble!!!!!!

bigdaddydog
12-12-2006, 03:27 PM
First Allen cannot be scared of SLC :rolleyes: . Secondly---pray a lot and ask jimmy johnson to come back and coach, and third sabotage RD's and Tre Newton's grades so they cant play.

with that being said SLC by 28. :D

ack!:D

~

chpanther
12-12-2006, 03:27 PM

you say eat the clock and all that stuff but they wont let you do that. they can and will stop it

bigdaddydog
12-12-2006, 03:33 PM
The only way Allen wins this game is for Soutlake not to show up at Texas Stadium.

I saw Allen play WF at SFA and I think the Southlake defense will continue their post season dominance. Allen doesn't have the defensive secondary speed to stay with the Southlakes offense.

Bet you guys have another 46,000 at TS Saturday.

Southlake - 38 Allen - 17

da hawaiian
12-12-2006, 03:53 PM

Wow - I like you cujo don't get me wrong. Riley's looks are deceiving. He can do it all at the highschool level. He's got great quickness, vision, and understanding of what his roll is on offense. We've faced Dewberry, Brooks, and a nice looking quarterback from your school, and this kid can run with any of them. And if you shut down the running lanes - he's the best of all of them at finding his recievers.

Brooks Downing
12-12-2006, 03:57 PM
Get up and play physical with there receivers and put pressure on the QB and listen to your Def. Coordinator, unlike Brence did last year for Plano.

bigdaddydog
12-12-2006, 04:09 PM
Dream on..Allen won't go anywhere against the Carroll defense..nobody has yet..Your stuffs geting old and it's only Sunday...You would never be able to stay on the field with Trinity..they are in a different league...

bigdaddydog
12-12-2006, 04:11 PM

bigdaddydog
12-12-2006, 04:13 PM
I don't even think THAT would help....As many points as their D has given up in the playoffs alone, this one could get ugly FAST!!!!:eek:

Better mix up another batch of green Kool-Aid for next weekend....seems you guys will have to prove things to another group of folks next weekend.

BTW, I think you guys should change from the Dragons to the Borg....you know,

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE....YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED... lol...:p

LOL, that's my favorite line.

I guess for Mojo, ASSIMILATION IS COMPLETE!! :cool:

~

bullrock
12-12-2006, 04:24 PM
I'll tell what Allen needs to do. Given the fact that Dodge is a lame duck at Carroll, perhaps you could hire him for the week. He is the only one that can beat his team.;)

jdlewallen
12-12-2006, 11:46 PM

You can only make three and out last so long...

jdlewallen
12-12-2006, 11:50 PM
LOL, that's my favorite line.

I guess for Mojo, ASSIMILATION IS COMPLETE!! :cool:

~

Hey, we're big enough to admit when we got licked...so, for this year, yeah, count me in as a Mojo Dragon! Seein' is definitely believin'!!!:eek:

But I am definitely glad that Coach Dodge is moving up....though I definitely don't want my Red Raiders to schedule UNT anymore!! :p

Mr. Buddy Garrity
12-12-2006, 11:53 PM
ack!:D

~Had to say it man....lol

Winston
12-13-2006, 12:47 AM
Winston's going to tell on you? What is this, 3rd grade? Meet him on the playground and settle it like juveniles!:D

[Note: Anyone strictly interested in the game may want to just skip over this post. The ones affected by it know who they are.]

I guess you didn't read the thread to see who the first ran to the mods. It was your SLC pals, not me - so I guess you owe your pals an apology for insulting them the way you did in your intelligent, classy post. Either that, or you are simply a hypocrite.

Speaking of apologies, I will be truly happy to accept one from dragonsdaddy in this thread, as I have communicated to him. Do you know why he hasn't come on here to provide examples of my "weekly steroid jokes"? BECAUSE THERE AREN'T ANY. Being the classy guy that he is, I know he will be man enough to own up to his mistake and apologize for it here in this thread instead of running from the truth. I look forward to it.

Wish I could say the same for some of the other posters in this thread.

Sorry for everyone here not involved, I had to get that off my chest. Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

my3sons
12-13-2006, 01:07 AM
[Note: Anyone strictly interested in the game may want to just skip over this post. The ones affected by it know who they are.]

I guess you didn't read the thread to see who the first ran to the mods. It was your SLC pals, not me - so I guess you owe your pals an apology for insulting them the way you did in your intelligent, classy post. Either that, or you are simply a hypocrite.

Speaking of apologies, I will be truly happy to accept one from dragonsdaddy in this thread, as I have communicated to him. Do you know why he hasn't come on here to provide examples of my "weekly steroid jokes"? BECAUSE THERE AREN'T ANY. Being the classy guy that he is, I know he will be man enough to own up to his mistake and apologize for it here in this thread instead of running from the truth. I look forward to it.

Wish I could say the same for many of the other posers in this thread.

Sorry for everyone here not involved, I had to get that off my chest. Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

I hope you feel better.

Winston
12-13-2006, 01:21 AM
I hope you feel better.

An apology is all I ask. I know the kind of humor you guys don't like directed at you and I'm not engaging in it right now. If that respect cannot be reciprocated, then I don't mind making more jokes about you guys for the well-being and amusement of the board. Then we'll see who goes crying to the mods again, chump.

bigdaddydog
12-13-2006, 01:33 AM
Had to say it man....lol

Gotta do what you gotta do...

You must really be football starved up there. I hear they have like 8 teams.

Made a visit to Adak this fall. Alaska is something else.

Cheers