PDA

View Full Version : woodlands getting another highschool?

pom poms
12-07-2006, 10:38 AM
i just heard from a friend that the woodlands could possibly be getting another highschool? is this true? where would it be located and how would this affect both of the high schools already?

twcpfan1
12-07-2006, 10:44 AM
I have not heard that. Where did your friend get that info from?

PackAttack2005
12-07-2006, 10:50 AM
I think everyone is getting a new HS, I heard it from a friend.;) ;) ;) ;) :D

pom poms
12-07-2006, 11:13 AM
i dont know...thats why i was asking. maybe he was just messing with me

DIN0wns
12-07-2006, 11:33 AM
if they did all the parents would want their kids going to the main woodlands because it owns in almost every sport and everything else so it would be pointless to get another highschool just add on to the one they have already

klein_oak_panthers
12-07-2006, 11:35 AM
Klein ISD just announced that they will be building a new high school and intermediate school. Since Klein is next-door to The Woodlands area, perhaps that's what your friend is talking about. I heard it will be on Spring-Cypress.

DIN0wns
12-07-2006, 11:37 AM
how many diff kleins are there?

klein_oak_panthers
12-07-2006, 11:50 AM
Klein
Klein Collins
Klein Forest
Klein Oak
newest one will probably open 2009, I'm guessing

DIN0wns
12-07-2006, 11:53 AM
any idea for the name i got a few

klein maple
klein palm
klein pine haha that rhymes

no offense to your district but it just seems they name some of yalls schools after a tree cept collins

wonka38
12-07-2006, 12:04 PM
No, there are no plans to build any schools in The Woodlands in the near future. Most of the growth in the district is now in Oak Ridge and Conroe - that is where the new schools in the next 10 years will be built - but no new high schools in those places either - just elementary and middle schools right now.

twcpfan1
12-07-2006, 12:06 PM
if they did all the parents would want their kids going to the main woodlands because it owns in almost every sport and everything else so it would be pointless to get another highschool just add on to the one they have already

Actually there are 2 high schools as of last year. The Woodlands College Park played their first year of varsity football this year. They had a very small senior class, but as of next year, I'm guessing the talent will be pretty evenly distributed. I think it's safe to say that the loyalties of the community to both schools is pretty even at this point. And as far as where to send their athletically talented kids, I think College Park draws as much interest as The Woodlands because of Coach Richard Carson heading up the athletic program at CP.

DIN0wns
12-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Actually there are 2 high schools as of last year. The Woodlands College Park played their first year of varsity football this year. They had a very small senior class, but as of next year, I'm guessing the talent will be pretty evenly distributed. I think it's safe to say that the loyalties of the community to both schools is pretty even at this point. And as far as where to send their athletically talented kids, I think College Park draws as much interest as The Woodlands because of Coach Richard Carson heading up the athletic program at CP.

o well yes but it will always take a few years to get any program started but with a coach as talented as Coach Carson then its like adding a catylst

pom poms
12-07-2006, 01:40 PM
just curious...but what makes a coach talented???

okt0ber
12-07-2006, 05:24 PM
any idea for the name i got a few

klein maple
klein palm
klein pine haha that rhymes

no offense to your district but it just seems they name some of yalls schools after a tree cept collins

LOL, I like Klein Pine, also. Mascot will be the Cones. :D

slorch
12-07-2006, 05:27 PM
just curious...but what makes a coach talented???
everything from playcalling(x's and o's) to being a great motivator/ team builder to being a politician( having influence on behalf of the program and school)

ruffshod
12-07-2006, 05:52 PM
o well yes but it will always take a few years to get any program started but with a coach as talented as Coach Carson then its like adding a catylst
College park made the playoffs this year. Great job!

Red Raiders
12-07-2006, 05:57 PM
Dang, we need a new High School for Tyler Lee because its getting overcrowded with 2,528 students (Huge Campus) and John Tyler with 1,970 (Enrollments listed as 2004-2005). Since most people hear Tyler is growing from 81,000 to 101,000 in 10 years so we need a new high school soon but along with many many retirements moving in too. Tyler ISD is just poor because of low taxes in Tyler. We have 2 new elementry schools building right now.

twcpfan1
12-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Dang, we need a new High School for Tyler Lee because its getting overcrowded with 2,528 students (Huge Campus) and John Tyler with 1,970 (Enrollments listed as 2004-2005). Since most people hear Tyler is growing from 81,000 to 101,000 in 10 years so we need a new high school soon but along with many many retirements moving in too. Tyler ISD is just poor because of low taxes in Tyler. We have 2 new elementry schools building right now.

In comparison , The Woodlands has an enrollment of 3250 (also counting the 9th grade campus)

The Woodlands College Park has an enrollment of 2468

okt0ber
12-07-2006, 07:18 PM
Deer Park is at 3700.

Those Tyler schools aren't that big.

DIN0wns
12-07-2006, 07:36 PM
College park made the playoffs this year. Great job!

like i stated with a coach like coach carson its an catylst aka they are doing better than usual also meaning they made the playoffs first time as a 5a varsity

Red Raiders
12-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Deer Park is at 3700.

Those Tyler schools aren't that big.

We have surrounding areas with 4A schools so Deer Park would equal 2 5A if they split, you just have 1 big high school, thats it.

twhfan#1
12-08-2006, 04:03 PM
No, there are no plans to build any schools in The Woodlands in the near future. Most of the growth in the district is now in Oak Ridge and Conroe - that is where the new schools in the next 10 years will be built - but no new high schools in those places either - just elementary and middle schools right now.

you arer right about growth in OR ( next CISD high school will split from OR maybe in 5 years or so )---- BUT : Woodlands is built out ( 5 villages )in Conroe ISD : howewver there are 2 new villages --one in Harris County that has started & will be in Tomball ISD -- probably have impact in Tomball in 3-5 years. The 2nd new village just announced will be in Magnolia ISD == impact probably 6-7 years away

twcpfan1
12-08-2006, 04:14 PM
you arer right about growth in OR ( next CISD high school will split from OR maybe in 5 years or so )---- BUT : Woodlands is built out ( 5 villages )in Conroe ISD : howewver there are 2 new villages --one in Harris County that has started & will be in Tomball ISD -- probably have impact in Tomball in 3-5 years. The 2nd new village just announced will be in Magnolia ISD == impact probably 6-7 years away

Aren't there 6 villages in the Woodlands now? 7 if you count Harper's Landing?

Grogans Mill
Panther Creek
Indian Springs
Cochrans Crossing
Sterling Ridge
Alden Bridge
Harper's Landing (if it counts)

unless I separated a couple that counts as one.

twhfan#1
12-08-2006, 09:02 PM
Aren't there 6 villages in the Woodlands now? 7 if you count Harper's Landing?

Grogans Mill
Panther Creek
Indian Springs
Cochrans Crossing
Sterling Ridge
Alden Bridge
Harper's Landing (if it counts)

unless I separated a couple that counts as one.

You are probably right --- I just guessed at the 5 ---Sterling Ridge & Alden Bridge are still new to me --- but the 2 new villages WIIL be outside CISD