PDA

View Full Version : Regional Finals: Our Picks and Game-by-Game Analysis

ktchamp97
12-06-2006, 10:39 PM
Regional Finals: Our Picks and Game-by-Game Analysis (http://www.5atexasfootball.com/round4gotw.htm)

Discuss...

:D

Gridiron Gopher
12-06-2006, 10:57 PM
Very good read. I wish I could see all the games.

purple_thunder
12-06-2006, 11:25 PM
great assesments of the games kt i only disagree with one but hey im a SM fan lol well about the playoff systems around the nation i was searching for the 1999 4a div. 2 bracket i found this site explaining all the states playoffs systems i thought was kool dont know if it is accurate but it seems what they say about texas is pretty right
http://www.journal-news.com/sports/content/shared/oh/fbnation/fbstatelist.html

bigdaddydog
12-07-2006, 12:56 AM
Regional Finals: Our Picks and Game-by-Game Analysis (http://www.5atexasfootball.com/round4gotw.htm)

Discuss...

:D

I have to agree it is a good read. Great logic and many picks I can agree with.

The one I am most interested in is the Allen vs Spring Westfield game at SFA.

I have not been able to locate any video of Westfield's games so it is hard for me to judge for myself just how good their defense is going to be against the Allen passing attack.

Just like with Round Rock, They tore allen up with the running game. The thing playing in Allen's faver against Westfield is with Allen's D being so suspect, when they score, it will happen quickly. That negates Westfield monopolizing the clock.

Just like they did with Round Rock, all they need to do is come up with a couple stops on a couple drives and Allen wins.

Does that seem reasonable?

Cheers

~

ktchamp97
12-07-2006, 01:05 AM

I have not been able to locate any video of Westfield's games so it is hard for me to judge for myself just how good their defense is going to be against the Allen passing attack.

Just like with Round Rock, They tore allen up with the running game. The thing playing in Allen's faver against Westfield is with Allen's D being so suspect, when they score, it will happen quickly. That negates Westfield monopolizing the clock.

Just like they did with Round Rock, all they need to do is come up with a couple stops on a couple drives and Allen wins.

Does that seam reasonable?

Cheers

~ Sure that's reasonable, but you're assuming that Allen's offense won't be stopped.

I happen to believe that Westfield's defense is far better than Round Rock's and they just had an 'off' half last week against PESH. They have given up yards through the air, but they've usually come with low completion percentages and with multiple picks. Then again, Allen is better offensively than anyone Westfield has seen, so it will be very interesting to see how it all plays out.

I will say that I don't believe Westfield can win if they are even or behind in turnover margin.

Tut
12-07-2006, 06:42 AM
Seven of eight picks are the same as mine (San Marcos). Great analysis of the games. Looks like a great football weekend. :)

G-Man
12-07-2006, 06:58 AM

Does that seem reasonable?

Cheers

~

Great game plan. Let 'em score quick so they cant control the clock!! :D :D I love it!!

KT2000
12-07-2006, 07:10 AM
The toughest game to call in my opinion is that Macarthur-San Marcos match-up. By most accounts, SM had little to no chance of getting this far but that's the state playoffs for you. SV was the overwhelming favorite and SM flipped it upside down.

It's awfully tough to pick against teams like Reagan and San Marcos that don't feel like they can lose right now, but the teams they are playing have also done a few things right.

Down n' Out
12-07-2006, 08:35 AM
I'm going with San Marcos for one reason, they are playing crazy right now and I think thier 'heart' will pull them through at least one more week.
They are just not going to let themselves lose. I see Coach of the Year with this team.

toonman
12-07-2006, 08:49 AM
great assesments of the games kt i only disagree with one but hey im a SM fan lol well about the playoff systems around the nation i was searching for the 1999 4a div. 2 bracket i found this site explaining all the states playoffs systems i thought was kool dont know if it is accurate but it seems what they say about texas is pretty right

A great link - thank you. I am in the process of reading all the other States, but did you see that some States do not have State Titles.

toonman
12-07-2006, 08:54 AM

When you read what happens in other States, the UIL in Texas appears to be very sensible in the way the regular season and play-offs are structured.

bigdaddydog
12-07-2006, 09:26 AM
Great game plan. Let 'em score quick so they cant control the clock!! :D :D I love it!!

That's it, turn your weakness into a strength. IF they score it will be on big plays. That is the way it has gone the past two weeks. We will see you on here after the game. No matter which way things go. Right? :D

Pearland1
12-07-2006, 09:55 AM
you guys have been wrong 3 times picking agains pearland so lets make it 4 in row this weekend nice going.

Favpack
12-07-2006, 10:06 AM
The game with the biggest question mark to me is fortunately the one I'll be watching - SW vs. Allen. Yes, Allen gave up 35 to Round Rock, however, RR had IMO the most diverse and explosive offense in the first three rounds. I think Allen will see a much more predictable and less explosive SW offense.

Conversely, Allen has been unstoppable on offense, and SW was unable to contain PESH until Smalls went down. Dick will lead Allen to 4-5 scores IMO, maybe more. This game has upset written all over it, but SW could also rebound and dominate both lines as well.

We'll see.

purple_thunder
12-07-2006, 12:43 PM
A great link - thank you. I am in the process of reading all the other States, but did you see that some States do not have State Titles.
yea i saw that like they give out regional championships i only think on place got it right witch is washington d c they only have 1 state champ but hey the only got like 12 or something like that

CedarHillDad
12-07-2006, 01:01 PM
Thx for the Love, I am sure we will live up to the hype!:D

CyFair'86
12-07-2006, 07:59 PM
you guys have been wrong 3 times picking agains pearland so lets make it 4 in row this weekend nice going.

Well that just means the odds of them finally getting the pick right has increased. Surely they couldn't be wrong 4 times in a row. ;)

DIN0wns
12-07-2006, 08:04 PM

So win yall win it should make you feel even better

Pearland Longhorn
12-07-2006, 08:07 PM
So win yall win it should make you feel even better

It does.

DIN0wns
12-07-2006, 08:09 PM
It does.

good ne ways y does it matter its only their picks and pretty much their opions as well

KatyTigerDad0407
12-07-2006, 08:30 PM
5atexasfootball..............DCTF

D1
R1 - Carrol.....................
R2 - Westfield.............Allen
R3 - CyFair....................
R4 - Westlake................

D2
R1 - Cedar Hill.................
R2 - Garland.................Klein Oak
R3 - Katy........................
R4 - MacAuthur................

Again, Great football minds think alike.
DCTF has picked Pearland to win every round except this one.
http://www.texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&change_well_id=2&url_articl