PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State vs tu : Who wins?

Mr_Lucci
09-04-2005, 03:26 AM
I think that the Buckeyes will easily defeat tu. Their physical style of play will be too much for the longhorns to handle. Everytime the longhorns play this caliber team they always lose. Especially on the road. I mean come on TCU beat OU ON THE ROAD and tu can't even beat them in Dallas. And even Texas A&M beat the Sooners atleast once in the past five years. Damn that's sad.

Ohio State 17
tu 7

mtbray
09-04-2005, 05:10 AM
I want to clear up a couple of things:

1) You are ghetto. (yes I know, personal insult...very cheap...get over it)

2) We will murder OU in the worst way imaginable.

3) I believe, as a horn, we will lose against OSU. If it were at another site it may be different IMO

4) Your logic sucks because you are trying to compare different teams in different years.

5) The score will be a lot higher than what you say for damn sure.

mtbray
09-04-2005, 05:11 AM
Oh and one other thing....do you think TU will beat M&A???

I love me some M&A.

Hdshrinker
09-04-2005, 08:34 AM
Ohio State...and I am a Texan

Garland02
09-04-2005, 08:36 AM
I want to clear up a couple of things:

1) You are ghetto. (yes I know, personal insult...very cheap...get over it)

2) We will murder OU in the worst way imaginable.

3) I believe, as a horn, we will lose against OSU. If it were at another site it may be different IMO

4) Your logic sucks because you are trying to compare different teams in different years.

5) The score will be a lot higher than what you say for damn sure.

I'm not sure that you, as a horn, need to predict a loss.
I thought the horns looked very good yesterday...but it was U la la....
Same thing can be said for OSU, they beat up a team they should be able to beat up.
Its hard to say if we learned that much about either team yesterday, but Texas is flat loaded with athletes! It should be a fantastic game, Ginn will make some plays, he will against everyone, but so will Charles, RT, and VY. I think the horns have a good chance to win, but it will be in a very hostile atmosphere.

FootballJunkie
09-04-2005, 08:50 AM
Ohio State...and I am a Texan
OSU 24 - UT 17

westlake
09-04-2005, 09:52 AM
I think Texas is gonna take it

OSU only beat Miami (OH) by 20. I think Texas has WAY more skill players that can make things happen than OSU, and a many more dimensions on offense. The only advantage that OSU has is 100,000 red people crammed into that horse shoe.

That was the worst oklahoma team ive ever seen. :D texas is gonna destroy them.

jtk1519
09-04-2005, 11:12 AM
Ohio State isnt playing Tulsa.

Reaganrattler07
09-04-2005, 12:07 PM
Osu....

GTown02
09-04-2005, 12:12 PM
mean come on TCU beat OU ON THE ROAD and tu can't even beat them in Dallas. And even Texas A&M beat the Sooners atleast once in the past five years. Damn that's sad. Different teams, different years... This years OU has so many holes to fill on the offensive line and QB. In the past if people keyed in on the running back, the QB would have passed instead, but this year the QB's are having trouble getting anything done.

Their physical style of play will be too much for the longhorns to handle. Everytime the longhorns play this caliber team they always lose. Especially on the road.
And I guess you were in your hole in the ground when you missed the Rose Bowl last season... Last time i checked Michigan was a high calibre team... and last time i checked, UT won that game... so there goes that point....

Now with that said... I want UT to win, but im sure OSU is going to make that tough to come true.

KT2000
09-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Ohio State doesn't have the offense to win this game in my opinion. Zwick is not a hard QB to defend for even an average defense. Even if they use Troy Smith, it will be his first live action in a year and to throw him out there against the Texas defense would be asking for trouble in my opinion. However, I don't think it matters if they do because the Texas defense sees Vince Young every day in practice so every other dual threat they face looks very ordinary in comparison.

Ginn is a good player, but he's only going to be thrown to about 5 or 6 times and he'll be going against a secondary just as athletic as he is.

Texas is going to control the line of scrimmage because of the talent/experience on the offensive and defensive lines and that will be huge as far as determining the result. Oh yeah, and Vince Young can make a few things happen also.

Again, Ohio State is very good on defense and special teams but none of that will matter if they can't score points. I'd be very surprised if Ohio State scored more than 14 points in this game.

WestTXRebel
09-04-2005, 01:09 PM
The Longhorns will win - SPEED, SPEED, SPEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WestTXRebel

Reaganrattler07
09-04-2005, 01:32 PM

WestTXRebel

Man, you had a great post saying the Chargers would beat the Cowboys and then you go and mess it up with this....tisk tisk tisk. :D

dragons08
09-04-2005, 01:53 PM
UT will win, OSU may be a lil overrated

Reaganrattler07
09-04-2005, 01:56 PM
UT will win, OSU may be a lil overrated

OSU may be a LIL overrated but Texas has overrated written all over them.

dragons08
09-04-2005, 01:58 PM
OSU may be a LIL overrated but Texas has overrated written all over them.
we shall see, this game will come down to a game winning field goal

Reaganrattler07
09-04-2005, 02:00 PM
Too bad the guy kicking it will have "Hall" written on his jersey.

Cancel all of what I just said....thought this was a different thread..

dragons08
09-04-2005, 02:01 PM
Too bad the guy kicking it will have "Hall" written on his jersey.
hall....of shame after he misses the game tying kick for OSU

Reaganrattler07
09-04-2005, 02:02 PM
hall....of shame after he misses the game tying kick for OSU

Sorry...I thought this was the Bears-Skins thing....Hall is the Redskins kicker..my bad! Haha

dragons08
09-04-2005, 02:04 PM
Sorry...I thought this was the Bears-Skins thing....Hall is the Redskins kicker..my bad! Haha
haha loser, i find it funny were aruging for teams we dont root for, i HATE OSU though with a passion, Illinois is my team, but i do have like 1 or 2 UT shirts

Reaganrattler07
09-04-2005, 02:08 PM
haha loser, i find it funny were aruging for teams we dont root for, i HATE OSU though with a passion, Illinois is my team, but i do have like 1 or 2 UT shirts

Haha yeah, that is funny....and I hate t.u. cause my sis graduated from A&M last year.

LHSLion11
09-04-2005, 03:56 PM
OSU - 45
Texas - 21

KT2000
09-04-2005, 04:15 PM
I didn't realize we had so many A&M folks on this site. I need to fix our "Anti Aggie-Sooner Device". ;)

Reaganrattler07
09-04-2005, 04:41 PM
I didn't realize we had so many A&M folks on this site. I need to fix our "Anti Aggie-Sooner Device". ;)

Are you a longhorn KT2000?

mtbray
09-04-2005, 04:54 PM
Haha yeah, that is funny....and I hate t.u. cause my sis graduated from A&M last year.

Wait, wait, you mean M&A?

Reaganrattler07
09-04-2005, 04:56 PM
Wait, wait, you mean M&A?

There's actual reasoning behind the "t.u." course you wouldn't understand such things.

mtbray
09-04-2005, 04:57 PM
There's actual reasoning behind the "t.u." course you wouldn't understand such things.

So there's no logic behind mind? And to think I thought I was being extremely clever..... :( Dang M&A

dragons08
09-04-2005, 05:03 PM
Are you a longhorn KT2000?
i throw that in the yes column, or maybe hes an aggy at heart, but UT on the outside?

Reaganrattler07
09-04-2005, 05:06 PM
i throw that in the yes column, or maybe hes an aggy at heart, but UT on the outside?

Boy, say Aggie. Or else I'll just take more glory when the Bears get Skinned.

dragons08
09-04-2005, 05:07 PM
aggy is shorter to type, and why is aggy involed in this? oh well, my prediction will be.............UT-24
OSU-21

Reaganrattler07
09-04-2005, 05:09 PM
aggy is shorter to type, and why is aggy involed in this? oh well, my prediction will be.............UT-24
OSU-21

Heaven forbid you have to type on extra key.....

dragons08
09-04-2005, 05:11 PM
Heaven forbid you have to type on extra key.....
time is valuable, anyways, the OSU kicker went to the bears didnt he? and isnt OSU's rb a heisman canidate?

Reaganrattler07
09-04-2005, 05:12 PM
time is valuable, anyways, the OSU kicker went to the bears didnt he? and isnt OSU's rb a heisman canidate?

Fine...I guess I'll have to keep saying Chase Daniels

dragons08
09-04-2005, 05:13 PM
Fine...I guess I'll have to keep saying Chase Daniels
yea you can say chase daniel'S...fill in the rest

mtbray
09-04-2005, 05:52 PM
By late in the third, another freshman tailback, 270-pound Henry Melton, bulled his way through a pile of tacklers before breaking free for a 14-yard TD. He did it again in the fourth, breaking five tackles on a 22-yard scoring run.

And that's only with 6 carries for 65 yards. If he would have been given the ball 14 times like J. Charles it would have been interesting to see who would have had the most yards.

http://vdubaddiction.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5803&stc=1

wide-e-wide
09-04-2005, 07:11 PM

KT..your anti-aggy/sooner device works just fine.
It's me.....hahahahahahaha

Mr_Lucci
09-04-2005, 09:43 PM
in response to mtbray. There's actual reasoning behind the "t.u." course you wouldn't understand such things.

mtbray has some nerve slanging insults and commenting on a topic he obviously knows nothing about. You don't know the meaning behind t.u.? I love when people come on here and think they are better then everyone else and just end up looking stupid. And I don't know what you are trying to say by calling me ghetto but it is rather obvious you have never even been there so stop using that word cause it makes you look like a close minded....

FootballJunkie
09-04-2005, 10:29 PM

OSU only beat Miami (OH) by 20. I think Texas has WAY more skill players that can make things happen than OSU, and a many more dimensions on offense. The only advantage that OSU has is 100,000 red people crammed into that horse shoe.

MIAMI of Ohio is a lot better than Louisiana Lafayette. OSU wins 20-17 GINN runs punt back for TD and the win.

mtbray
09-04-2005, 10:51 PM
mtbray has some nerve slanging insults and commenting on a topic he obviously knows nothing about. You don't know the meaning behind t.u.? I love when people come on here and think they are better then everyone else and just end up looking stupid. And I don't know what you are trying to say by calling me ghetto but it is rather obvious you have never even been there so stop using that word cause it makes you look like a close minded *******.

Heh. I do have nerve. I'm an internet troll, it's what we do.

I have been to M&A many times and have many friends there. I like M&A everyone there has been nothing but very nice and friendly to me even knowing I'm a horn.

I didn't say I don't know the meaning. You both assumed I don't. I just like using M&A because it's very clever of me to do so. Yes I am being sarcastic.

dragons08
09-04-2005, 11:37 PM
bleeped out the wrong part

mtbray
09-04-2005, 11:46 PM

I think he was trying to be clever like the geniouses at M&A.

pack0808
09-05-2005, 01:04 AM
I hate to say it but kt2000 struggles picking top games!! LOL He even went against his own rankings twice last year when picking against Lufkin. ;) His homer UT brain is taking control now. I wish i was wrong but there is no way Texas wins at Ohio St. Ohio St will win by at least 14. They have not lost to a non conference foe at the shoe since 1990!! :eek: Ohio St makes teams play absolutely ugly there. Look, My Iowa hawks beat Ohio St last year something like 37-7 at Iowa but that matters not when you are at the Shoe. Iowa has not won there in forever!! They make great college teams look like hs teams there. I hope i am wrong i really do because i hate Ohio St but this is reality. If i am wrong i will completely admit it and be happy about it. Iowa has to play at the shoe this year and it is the only game i think they will lose. They have a better shot then Texas though because they know about the shoe. I honestly do not think it will be much of a contest there. I think Texas would win at home.

dragons08
09-05-2005, 01:13 AM
I hate to say it but kt2000 struggles picking top games!! LOL He even went against his own rankings twice last year when picking against Lufkin. ;) His homer UT brain is taking control now. I wish i was wrong but there is no way Texas wins at Ohio St. Ohio St will win by at least 14. They have not lost to a non conference foe at the shoe since 1990!! :eek: Ohio St makes teams play absolutely ugly there. Look, My Iowa hawks beat Ohio St last year something like 37-7 at Iowa but that matters not when you are at the Shoe. Iowa has not won there in forever!! They make great college teams look like hs teams there. I hope i am wrong i really do because i hate Ohio St but this is reality. If i am wrong i will completely admit it and be happy about it. Iowa has to play at the shoe this year and it is the only game i think they will lose. They have a better shot then Texas though because they know about the shoe. I honestly do not think it will be much of a contest there. I think Texas would win at home.
didnt michigan? i think give them a scare at the shoe in the recent pass? or maybe it was illinois.. :D

mtbray
09-05-2005, 01:15 AM

I agree 100%. I think it'd be awesome if we played at a neutral site....Iowa!!! :D

pack0808
09-05-2005, 01:22 AM
Iowa has been ranked in the top 10 3 years straight and they embarrassed Ohio St last year and have beat Michigan 2 of the last 3 games. Iowa beat the hell out of Florida in a major bowl in 2003 and beat LSU last year in a bowl. They lost to USC in 2002 in a BCS bowl but who has not?? I am not sure what Iowa :D meant?? Iowa even shut down Kingsbury in 2001 in an Alamo Bowl win!! The last time Iowa played Texas the Hawks won by about 40 in a bowl game in the 80's. :D Iowa is one of best teams in the nation period!! The defense has been in the top 5 for 3 years straight. I have not seen a better d in the last 3 years. Scary D!! :eek: They have shut down Rothlesberger and Kingsbury like it was nothing and that is just a few. Good luck scoring on Iowa is all i am saying.

Mr_Lucci
09-05-2005, 03:55 AM

Actually I wanted to leave that part of the word in there. To get my point across to you like minded people.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Got Ring's ?
Judson 6 Times and counting ! :eek:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

mtbray
09-05-2005, 02:08 PM
I meant it would be awesome if we played at a neutral site instead of one of our home fields......i was thinking Iowa could be the perfect place for this!

dragons08
09-05-2005, 02:50 PM
mr lucci, your "got rings" thing did you take that from a yankees shirt? i have a friend with a yankees shirt that says that and shows the yankees WS rings vs red soxs and says a lil line about it on the back, im glad they didnt compare it to the cubs

CoveFan05
09-05-2005, 04:55 PM
I think that the Buckeyes will easily defeat tu. Their physical style of play will be too much for the longhorns to handle. Everytime the longhorns play this caliber team they always lose. Especially on the road. I mean come on TCU beat OU ON THE ROAD and tu can't even beat them in Dallas. And even Texas A&M beat the Sooners atleast once in the past five years. Damn that's sad.

Ohio State 17
tu 7
After seeing what the TU backs looked like against ULL i think they will win and this is coming from an AGGIE!!!!!! that one guy had 6 carries for 265 yards and hes a freshman!!!!!

ThEgReAtOnE
09-05-2005, 05:14 PM
The Big Ten doesn't face many South Teams, therefore are unaware of what the south brings, athletically. Football, in the South, is played with a certain ruggedness and/or toughness, where as the Northern teams finess their opponents. With that said, Ohio State shouldn't have beaten Miami in the Orange Bowl 3 years ago, and if McGahee wasn't injured they sure wouldn't have...Michigan didn't beat USC 2 years ago in the Rose Bowl and they didn't beat Texas last year. USC, Miami and Texas are southern teams. Texas and Miami schools live to play hard-nosed football.

With that said, you guys will witness a hungry Texas Longhorn team that will shock you so much, you'll write off the OU game, if you haven't already.

Texas 42
Ohio State 14

Then Texas will come into Dallas and play OU, of which they will lose...

Texas 28
OU 35

South 'Ball is a difficult tough game to guess-a-mate!

wide-e-wide
09-05-2005, 05:17 PM
If Texas beats Ohio St. by 4 touchdowns...they will beat ou by 50+ ...trust me. Ohio St. is a much better team that ou.

GTown02
09-05-2005, 05:18 PM
If Texas beats Ohio St. by 4 touchdowns...they will beat ou by 50+ ...trust me. Ohio St. is a much better team that ou.
Haha agreed...
I hope UT wins, but its going to be close! Low scoring game... I think 24-17 UT.

SummitGrad04
09-05-2005, 09:58 PM
Playing at Ohio St during the night gives the Buckeyes a heck of an advantage, but let's not act like UT has never played in big games. I'm a longhorn fan, so I might be biased, but the Longhorns are just as talented as Ohio St and could very well win. It's gonna be a close game.

bowiedawgs01
09-06-2005, 01:22 AM
Everytime the longhorns play this caliber team they always lose. Especially on the road.

Texas is 21-2 on the road since the start of the 2000 season.

You don't know the meaning behind t.u.? I love when people come on here and think they are better then everyone else and just end up looking stupid.

Now this is just comical. "tu" is just aggy being aggy. Stupid is as stupid does.
UT = University of Texas
tu = Texas University (wow! aggy is so clever! who knew flipping letters could be so fun?!)
TU = THE University (official name is The University of Texas...sorry aggy)
M&A = I don't use it, but some horn fans do just to show aggy how ridiculously ******** they are.

KT2000
09-06-2005, 06:53 AM
Given Mack Brown's track record as a coach and the way I've seen Texas perform on the road in his tenure, I don't mind playing in Colmbus at all. There are no rules that say Texas can't go in there and come out with a win if they outplay OSU. The OSU coaches could have a pretty tough time keeping their guys focused with all of the distractions going on around campus this week leading up to the game. I'm glad Texas and Ohio State are playing this game because hardly anyone does this anymore with the BCS.

Favpack
09-06-2005, 08:09 AM
Call me insane - but I think UT wins fairly handily - something like 31-21.

Ohio State does not know right now who starts at qb - not a good thing.

Every analyst out there is predicting OS to win easily - good bulletin board stuff for VY - who NEEDS the motivation.

UT plays well on the road and they are a generally seasoned group. OS will not run through them, but they will get theirs - I just think VY will have another Rose Bowl game. The receivers at UT look so much better this year - of course, that was against LA-Laf.

dada
09-06-2005, 08:12 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ap-t25-texas-roadwarriors&prov=ap&type=lgns

KT2000
09-06-2005, 08:23 AM
I think the combination of Vince Young and David Thomas, among others, has a chance to come up huge this week because I don't believe the Buckeye defense will give VY enough respect as a passer. They will load up against the run and try to pressure the edges to keep VY contained to the middle of the field. However, they have to also realize that he can hurt them just as badly running up the middle given his size and strength in addition to the speed. QBs like a Reggie McNeal or Michael Vick can't always do that because they don't have the frame to absorb the heavy contact. The OSU LBs are talking a good game, but VY is the kind of player you can't simulate in practice, and can't know how good he is until you are in live action.

pack0808
09-06-2005, 09:35 AM
The Big Ten doesn't face many South Teams, therefore are unaware of what the south brings, athletically. Football, in the South, is played with a certain ruggedness and/or toughness, where as the Northern teams finess their opponents. With that said, Ohio State shouldn't have beaten Miami in the Orange Bowl 3 years ago, and if McGahee wasn't injured they sure wouldn't have...Michigan didn't beat USC 2 years ago in the Rose Bowl and they didn't beat Texas last year. USC, Miami and Texas are southern teams. Texas and Miami schools live to play hard-nosed football.

With that said, you guys will witness a hungry Texas Longhorn team that will shock you so much, you'll write off the OU game, if you haven't already.

Texas 42
Ohio State 14

Texas 28
OU 35

Lay off the crack pipe i beg you!! LMAO I do not know what is more funny?? The score prediction in the OSU game or the fact you called the widely known most physical hard hitting conference the Big 10 soft. I mean that is just hillarious. The Big10 is notorious for being a hard hitting brutal and physical conference of them all. You obviously know nada about the Big10?? Teams like Iowa and Ohio St are just extremely physical and tough. Should of could would bs on the Ohio st should have not won the national championship 2 years ago. Whatever!! Ohio St. manhandled Michigan last year by the way while UT beat them by a point. Still a well deserved win and i give UT credit. Michigan does not play defense like Ohio St and Iowa though i promise you. Both of those school's are always in the top 10 or 5 in the nation in both total d and scoring d. They make you play uuuugly.

Iowa has played those so called tough south teams twice in bowl games in the last 2 years when they played Florida and LSU. Care to look up the scores?? Who did Ohio St play in a bowl game last year?? Oklahoma st?? That was ugly if i am thinking correctly with the Buckeyes winning very easily. Ohio St. beat Kansas St in a BCS bowl in 2002 i believe?? That was just after Kansas St just spanked OU in the BIg 12 championship game. You need to brush up on your history my friend because it is lacking. Iowa gets there fair share of players from the south mostly Texas and Florida by the way like many do but they get majority of their players from the north. Texas as a state along with Florida, is the best at producing talent but do not get blinded by your southern goggles because some of these northern kids can play major ball too. I am cheering for UT but i just do not see them winning. I really do hope I am wrong but please do not ever say the Big 10 is soft again because it makes you look silly. You might be the first person in history to say that teams in the Big10 likes to finess it's opponents?? LMAO Beyond funny!! Where have you been?? They are known for old school pound me and hit me type of football.

concha
09-06-2005, 09:55 AM

FYI, Miami of Ohio scored their points against 2nd and 3rd stringers - not speculation, fact. The game would have been 40+ to 0 otherwise.

TheDuke
09-06-2005, 09:57 AM
OSU - 45
Texas - 21

SMOKIN CRACK!!

You think OSU is gonna get 45 on this Defense? PLEEEEZE!!

concha
09-06-2005, 09:59 AM
Ohio State doesn't have the offense to win this game in my opinion. Zwick is not a hard QB to defend for even an average defense. Even if they use Troy Smith, it will be his first live action in a year and to throw him out there against the Texas defense would be asking for trouble in my opinion. However, I don't think it matters if they do because the Texas defense sees Vince Young every day in practice so every other dual threat they face looks very ordinary in comparison.

Ginn is a good player, but he's only going to be thrown to about 5 or 6 times and he'll be going against a secondary just as athletic as he is.

Texas is going to control the line of scrimmage because of the talent/experience on the offensive and defensive lines and that will be huge as far as determining the result. Oh yeah, and Vince Young can make a few things happen also.

Again, Ohio State is very good on defense and special teams but none of that will matter if they can't score points. I'd be very surprised if Ohio State scored more than 14 points in this game.

OSU has one of the most talented receiving corps in the nation. Santonio Holmes, Ginn Jr, Gonzalez etc.... Antonio Pittman is an effective RB. I'm not seeing where you're coming from...at all.

Texas is going to run into one of the best defenses there is, including the nation's finest LB crew and a very talented secondary.

concha
09-06-2005, 10:00 AM

WestTXRebel

Ted Ginn Jr.

TheDuke
09-06-2005, 10:01 AM
Is the only weapon they have? Yes, your right

pack0808
09-06-2005, 10:04 AM
OSU has one of the most talented receiving corps in the nation. Santonio Holmes, Ginn Jr, Gonzalez etc.... Antonio Pittman is an effective RB. I'm not seeing where you're coming from...at all.

Texas is going to run into one of the best defenses there is, including the nation's finest LB crew and a very talented secondary.

I agree Ohio St has one of the best LB crews in the nation this year but in my biased opinion Iowa's lb crew is even better. Many agree with me. They have possible 2 top 10 NFL picks and pre season all americans in Greenway and Hodge. Miles looks to be as good. He is a top lb that came from the state of Florida.

concha
09-06-2005, 10:05 AM
The Big Ten doesn't face many South Teams, therefore are unaware of what the south brings, athletically. Football, in the South, is played with a certain ruggedness and/or toughness, where as the Northern teams finess their opponents [Wrongola!!!!] . With that said, Ohio State shouldn't have beaten Miami in the Orange Bowl 3 years ago, and if McGahee wasn't injured they sure wouldn't have [Speculation. Barring blown calls, OSU had it in regulation....] ...Michigan didn't beat USC 2 years ago in the Rose Bowl and they didn't beat Texas last year [Michigan was destroyed by Ohio State and Texas snuck out a win in the last seconds, FYI] . USC, Miami and Texas are southern teams. Texas and Miami schools live to play hard-nosed football. [Miami gets 40%+ of its roster from out-of-state, depends on Northern and California QBs in most years and has gotten some of its finest linemen from CANADA. Its first title was won with an Ohioan at QB and that year the D was led by an All-American Ohioan. Heck, Ohio basically put them on the map.]

Texas 42
Ohio State 14 http://texashsfootball.com/board/style_emoticons/default/laughing1.gif

Texas 28
OU 35

concha
09-06-2005, 10:10 AM
Is the only weapon they have? Yes, your right

Put the crack pipe down.

After making some offensive changes last year Ohio state increased their offensive production to about 400 yards per game average. They destroyed Michigan (who Texas barely squeaked by) and treated Oklahoma State like a red-headed step-child.

"Only weapon they have". Priceless.

pack0808
09-06-2005, 10:12 AM
Except Ohio St lost to Iowa 33-7 last year ;) It was not at the shoe though. Iowa has a 19 game winning streak at home so Kinnick Stadium is no stroll in the park either. Him saying they cannot play with top Southern teams is just funny. All he has to do is look up the results of Iowa and Ohio St vs top south teams in the last 3 years and he will see.

RDAWG11
09-06-2005, 10:18 AM
Texas wins in a come from behind close one!

pack0808
09-06-2005, 11:14 AM
Texas wins in a come from behind close one!

Now that could be possible!!

dada
09-06-2005, 11:38 AM
Horns by 10 (27-17)

FootballJunkie
09-06-2005, 02:31 PM
................................You really are contradicting yourself here. You go out of your way to say Miami wins with northern talent. Your words 2 Ohioens won Miami's first National Championship. Then you say a team from the south will go to "OHIO" and win by 28 points. This after you say Texas barely beat a Michigan team that Ohio St. destroyed. Are you confused just a little??

concha
09-06-2005, 02:34 PM
You really are contradicting yourself here. You go out of your way to say Miami wins with northern talent. Your words 2 Ohioens won Miami's first National Championship. Then you say a team from the south will go to "OHIO" and win by 28 points. This after you say Texas barely beat a Michigan team that Ohio St. destroyed. Are you confused just a little??

When did I say that a Southern team will go to Ohio and win by 28? :confused:

FootballJunkie
09-06-2005, 02:49 PM
[QUOTE=concha]When did I say that a Southern team will go to Ohio and win by 28? :confused:[/QUOTE ]
Did not mean to quote you was responding to "bsptlw"

TheDuke
09-06-2005, 03:11 PM
Put the crack pipe down.

After making some offensive changes last year Ohio state increased their offensive production to about 400 yards per game average. They destroyed Michigan (who Texas barely squeaked by) and treated Oklahoma State like a red-headed step-child.

"Only weapon they have". Priceless.

Your killing me!! They did this, they did that, WHATEVER!! New Year, New Team, Stop talking about what DID happen and let's get to today's game OK Crack Head!

concha
09-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Your killing me!! They did this, they did that, WHATEVER!! New Year, New Team, Stop talking about what DID happen and let's get to today's game OK Crack Head!

TheDuck,

The major offensive change was putting Ginn AND Santonio Holmes on as receivers TOGETHER. They are both back this year and combined for some pretty impressive stats last week.

TheDuke
09-06-2005, 03:35 PM
OK, I agree with you! I do however think TEXAS has more weapons then them and if they can control the crowd they can pull away with the win!

"Concha" shut your smart mouth now!!

wide-e-wide
09-06-2005, 03:37 PM
concha you flip-flop more than I f'n politician.
You are NEVER wrong...NEVER...
It's always "Oh what had happened was...ummm...I didn't say that..ummm..show me where I said that..."
It speaks volumes about you as a fan and a person.
Own up to your BS. After this weekend what will your laundry list
of excuses be?
Hey...why don't you do this...
Go out on a limb right now...say it in no uncertain terms...that way when you are wrong...we can all smash on you.

concha
09-06-2005, 03:41 PM
OK, I agree with you! I do however think TEXAS has more weapons then them and if they can control the crowd they can pull away with the win!

"Concha" shut your smart mouth now!!

More weapons? They'll both have 11 guys on the field at once. Texas has the advantage at RB and running QB (maybe not passing). Ohio State has Ginn, who is a threat to score whenever he walks on the field. Ohio State has a fantastic recieving corps and now a solid running game to open it up.... And Ohio State's LB corps are arguably the best in the land, something to help neutralize the Texas ground game.....

Oh, and once you say something intelligent about the thread topic, I promise I will. :p

TheDuke
09-06-2005, 03:42 PM
LOL!!

I think that is a GEAT IDEA WIDE! :D

wide-e-wide
09-06-2005, 03:45 PM
The only way Ginn will score is on special teams. Texas return teams are horrible. But he will not run all over the D all day. It just ain't gonna happen. And if you think Ohio St. has the advantage at QB in any aspect...any...you are ********.

I don't know why I'm even posting on this thread. I don't care about Ohio St. playing Tennessee...

concha
09-06-2005, 03:47 PM
concha you flip-flop more than I f'n politician.
You are NEVER wrong...NEVER...
It's always "Oh what had happened was...ummm...I didn't say that..ummm..show me where I said that..."
It speaks volumes about you as a fan and a person.
Own up to your BS. After this weekend what will your laundry list
of excuses be?
Hey...why don't you do this...
Go out on a limb right now...say it in no uncertain terms...that way when you are wrong...we can all smash on you.

You sound like you've been hitting the Bartles & Jaymes again.

BTW, what are you drunken blabbering about now? Some guy made it look like he thought I saiid something about a Southern team beating an Ohio team by 28. I never did. Can you even focus right now? Get some coffee.

And have you noticed how people accuse me of crap and can't back it up?

Switch to Shirley Temples. For the love of God.

TheDuke
09-06-2005, 03:48 PM
More weapons? They'll both have 11 guys on the field at once. Texas has the advantage at RB and running QB (maybe not passing). Ohio State has Ginn, who is a threat to score whenever he walks on the field. Ohio State has a fantastic recieving corps and now a solid running game to open it up.... And Ohio State's LB corps are arguably the best in the land, something to help neutralize the Texas ground game.....

Oh, and once you say something intelligent about the thread topic, I promise I will. :p

When OSU decides who is even gonna start the game at QB then you can start saying "(maybe not passing)" About Ginn, Young is just as much as a threat if not even more then Ginn. He only gets to touch the ball 5 times a game! You think we are gonna punt to him? He won't get a punt all night! Only thing that has me worried at all are the LB's! Texas has a veteran O-Line to take care of that. Jammal Charles is the key to this game, he will have a career freshman night.

Oh ya, what you said before was so stupid I don't have a comment for so you win.

pack0808
09-06-2005, 03:50 PM
The only way Ginn will score is on special teams. Texas return teams are horrible. But he will not run all over the D all day. It just ain't gonna happen. And if you think Ohio St. has the advantage at QB in any aspect...any...you are ********.

I don't know why I'm even posting on this thread. I don't care about Ohio St. playing Tennessee...

Texas has the advantage at ol and qb and possibly rb. Ohio St has the advantage at wr's and on defense although Texas's defense is very solid. But the key is the Shoe in my opinion. The 12th man is going to play the biggest part in this one. Ohio St has never lost a night home game at the shoe and has not lost to a non conference opponent since 1990. Texas has been a great road team i know but i still do not see it happening. If Texas can pull it off they will open a lot of eyes including mine on how tough they really are. I will say it again!! Texas would win at home but i think the game has a chance to be ugly at the shoe.

wide-e-wide
09-06-2005, 03:50 PM
Your mother likes it when I come to bed drunk.

concha
09-06-2005, 03:54 PM
Ginn is a receiver too. He had 5 catches for 75 yards and a TD. Just which Texas d-back is going to cover arguably the fastest kid in college football?

concha
09-06-2005, 03:55 PM

My mom passed away several years ago. You must be talking about my dad. Hey, he's lonely.

GTown02
09-06-2005, 04:00 PM
Ouch...

But if Texas goes to The Shoe this year, does OSU go to DKR next year?

wide-e-wide
09-06-2005, 04:01 PM
Am I supposed to feel bad?...
Your on the freakin' internet...how do I know that is true?
And judging from you past on this board...you have no problems with
telling a lie if it helps your argument.
Don't take personal shots at me...and I won't take them at you...
How 'bout that?

concha
09-06-2005, 04:04 PM
Am I supposed to feel bad?...
Your on the freakin' internet...how do I know that is true?
And judging from you past on this board...you have no problems with
telling a lie if it helps your argument.
Don't take personal shots at me...and I won't take them at you...
How 'bout that?

FYI, yes that was a lie. But simply in response to your poor taste.

Can you please point out lies I have made in the past? No, you can't. Because you are full of schiznit and I don't lie in debates.

wide-e-wide
09-06-2005, 04:08 PM
Ummmm...you just did...and admitted it.

Here's the deal. I don't blow smoke...I am a gambler.
I will back up anything I have to say...Talk the talk..walk the
walk.

If Ohio St. beats Texas....I will go away. I WILL NOT POST ON THIS BOARD AGAIN UNTIL NEXT SEASON. Swear on my kid's eyes...

But if Ohio St. loses...You go away...and never come back.

C'mon big shot...where are your stones?

Deal?

TheDuke
09-06-2005, 04:13 PM
What happened?

He must be thinking REAL HARD about this one! :D

bowiedawgs01
09-06-2005, 04:15 PM
Michael Huff
Starting Safety
10.1 second 100m

TheDuke
09-06-2005, 04:16 PM
Michael Huff
Starting Safety
10.1 second 100m

BINGO!!!!! ALL DAY LONG!

pack0808
09-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Ummmm...you just did...and admitted it.

Here's the deal. I don't blow smoke...I am a gambler.
I will back up anything I have to say...Talk the talk..walk the
walk.

If Ohio St. beats Texas....I will go away. I WILL NOT POST ON THIS BOARD AGAIN UNTIL NEXT SEASON. Swear on my kid's eyes...

But if Ohio St. loses...You go away...and never come back.

C'mon big shot...where are your stones?

Deal?

Do not do it wide!! Please!! I will miss you bro!! You have finally made it in here pretty long without being booted once again and now you are going to find another way to not come in here?? ;)

TheDuke
09-06-2005, 04:26 PM
Do not do it wide!! Please!! I will miss you bro!! You have finally made it in here pretty long without being booted once again and now you are going to find another way to not come in here?? ;)

Don't worry Pack!

concha is ALL TALK!! and NO WALK!!

wide-e-wide
09-06-2005, 04:27 PM
Oh ye of little faith. I admire you trying to come and talk me out of it. But I cannot comply...for my burnt orange sunglasses are too thick. I did it to prove a point. Concha doesn't have the cajones to back up his mouth. I on the other hand do....I have faith in my team...and will make the ultimate wager as a sign of that faith. Bring it!!!

wide-e-wide
09-06-2005, 04:31 PM
Concha you are on the clock.
Now you know if you don't accept this challenge you will forever be viewed as a coward and a loud mouth...so back it all up. Show us you believe in what you are saying.

Now if I win.....I will forever be a hero on this board. I will be known as the guy that finally shut Concha up.

TheDuke
09-06-2005, 04:36 PM
AMEN!!!!!!

(crowd in the stands) "WIDE!!....WIDE!!....WIDE!!....WIDE!!....WIDE!!.... WIDE!!....WIDE!!....WIDE!!....WIDE!!....WIDE!!.... WIDE!!............................

concha
09-06-2005, 04:40 PM
On a business call.....

Won't that give you less time and opportunity to rake me over the coals about REL's rout of Colerain? And it would be irresponsible of me to deny TexasFrog his opportunity to do so also. Think of your pals. Don't be so selfish.

wide-e-wide
09-06-2005, 04:41 PM
Don't be a little worm concha...answer the question.
Where is your integrity?
Do you accept or not?

pack0808
09-06-2005, 04:42 PM
Don't worry Pack!

concha is ALL TALK!! and NO WALK!!

But this time i think concha is right.

wide-e-wide
09-06-2005, 04:44 PM
Well Pack you can get some too if you want...
whatcha' say ....a 30 pack?

TheDuke
09-06-2005, 04:46 PM
But this time i think concha is right.

I am in on that with ya Wide!!

Hey Pack, If I lose I will pay up when I come down for the Pack game! Of course if I win I will have a fun time at the Pack game!

Deal? :D

wide-e-wide
09-06-2005, 04:48 PM
See there Pack...not one but 2 ....30 packs...well? you in?

pack0808
09-06-2005, 04:56 PM
I want UT to win so my heart is not into it even though I am a huge Big 10 fan. I will take that bet though. My wife will freak smooth out when i come in with two 30 packs though. I have not drank beer like that since college. It is usually a 6 pack now with a few singles that i sneak in the sack so she will not know. LOL If i am really feeling crazy i get a 12 pack and hide some and replace when i get a chance. Oh yes she checks the frig. :eek: So ok i accept both of your bets even though i might get kicked out of the house that weekend. ;)

wide-e-wide
09-06-2005, 05:01 PM
Hell yeah...Pack's buying me beer...woo-hooooo!!!
I know you had the stones bro.
Now Concha on the other hand...

Colerain-Cards
09-06-2005, 07:27 PM
OSU Wins At Home

wide-e-wide
09-06-2005, 07:28 PM
Texas wins on the road!

Reaganrattler07
09-06-2005, 07:37 PM
Texas LOSES on the Road....

TheDuke
09-06-2005, 08:35 PM
Redskins SUCK!!

TEXAS wins on the road!!

dragons08
09-06-2005, 08:36 PM
Redskins SUCK!!

TEXAS wins on the road!!
hahahaha thats nice thats nice :D , boy, its seems like everyone hates the skins..

TheDuke
09-06-2005, 08:39 PM
I like Portis and Lavarr, other then that they suck!

If the Texans play like they did last week they will also suck!

Reaganrattler07
09-06-2005, 08:39 PM
hahahaha thats nice thats nice :D , boy, its seems like everyone hates the skins..

Gee, I wonder why.....we're in Texas! Two things I hate about Texas...t.u and the Cowgirls.

Reaganrattler07
09-06-2005, 08:40 PM

Both of which should be better...Portis has new running routes and blocking patterns and Lavar should be healthy. Ya gotta love Sean taylor, too ;)

GoOwls
09-06-2005, 08:45 PM

aggy....aggy.....aggy.....aggy.....aggy....

:D

TheDuke
09-06-2005, 08:48 PM
Both of which should be better...Portis has new running routes and blocking patterns and Lavar should be healthy. Ya gotta love Sean taylor, too ;)

I liked Taylor but his off the field attitude has kind of blown it for me!

Portis, looks BIG! Put on 20 pounds of muscle this year and I am not sure how he is gonna handle it but he looks BIG!

Lavarr, Was a BADAZZ in College and has not shown me that he can dominate at the next level yet (#44 Bosworth same story) but he still has some good years left.

Overall I think the Skins have a better chance to prove that they are a decent team this year.

Slim-Rob
09-06-2005, 08:57 PM
UM, I think its UT, not TU

Reaganrattler07
09-06-2005, 08:58 PM
I liked Taylor but his off the field attitude has kind of blown it for me!

Portis, looks BIG! Put on 20 pounds of muscle this year and I am not sure how he is gonna handle it but he looks BIG!

Lavarr, Was a BADAZZ in College and has not shown me that he can dominate at the next level yet (#44 Bosworth same story) but he still has some good years left.

Overall I think the Skins have a better chance to prove that they are a decent team this year.

Yeah, Taylor's go to prove off the field....he's a great player on it and Williams' is determined to make the best out of him.

Portis has been working extremely hard over the off-season, and the entire team is anxious for the new season. People are gonna be surprised with Ramsey. If Ramsey wasn't the right thing for the Skins, Gibbs wouldn't have stuck with him.

TheDuke
09-06-2005, 09:00 PM
LOL!!!

FINALLY!! SOMEONE SAYS IT!!

That is just a STUPID way for TEXAS HATERS to say UT!

tu, isn't that so stupid?

wide-e-wide
09-06-2005, 09:01 PM
UM, I think its UT, not TU

Exactly..why is everyone so interested in Tennessee University?

Reaganrattler07
09-06-2005, 09:03 PM
LOL!!!

FINALLY!! SOMEONE SAYS IT!!

That is just a STUPID way for TEXAS HATERS to say UT!

tu, isn't that so stupid?

I assume you know what t.u. means?

TheDuke
09-06-2005, 09:07 PM
I assume you know what t.u. means?

Why don't you tell me Skin lover!

Reaganrattler07
09-06-2005, 09:09 PM
Why don't you tell me Skin lover!

You could find it out for yourself....and I'm too lazy to explain it.

TheDuke
09-06-2005, 09:10 PM
You could find it out for yourself....and I'm too lazy to explain it.

I will make sure I dig deep for something so meaningless!

Reaganrattler07
09-06-2005, 09:16 PM
I will make sure I dig deep for something so meaningless!

amazing how people comment on things they don't know.....

TheDuke
09-06-2005, 09:18 PM
amazing how people comment on things they don't know.....

and that means???????????????????????????

I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT WHAT IT MEANS!!!!!!! Is that so amazing?

wide-e-wide
09-06-2005, 09:19 PM
t.u. .....let's see

TexasFrog's Underoos
Tenacious Undergarments
Timidly Underestimating
Tallywacker Unleashed
Testing Umbrellas
Testes Underneath
and my all-time favorite
Tappin' Uterus'

Reaganrattler07
09-06-2005, 09:22 PM
t.u. .....let's see

TexasFrog's Underoos
Tenacious Undergarments
Timidly Underestimating
Tallywacker Unleashed
Testing Umbrellas
Testes Underneath
and my all-time favorite
Tappin' Uterus'

All the meanings were wrong...of course, and, t.u. is lower case....

farmerfan
09-06-2005, 09:22 PM
t.u. .....let's see

TexasFrog's Underoos
Tenacious Undergarments
Timidly Underestimating
Tallywacker Unleashed
Testing Umbrellas
Testes Underneath
and my all-time favorite
Tappin' Uterus'

Wide, even thoug im no Horn fan, you can't go, so I guess for the first time in a long long time, im pulling for the horns this week, a board without Wide is a board without reading.

Slim-Rob
09-06-2005, 09:24 PM
t.u. .....let's see

TexasFrog's Underoos
Tenacious Undergarments
Timidly Underestimating
Tallywacker Unleashed
Testing Umbrellas
Testes Underneath
and my all-time favorite
Tappin' Uterus'

lol

wide-e-wide
09-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Thank you my brother. I got all warm and fuzzy when I read that...
And I'm not even drinkin'...

Reaganrattler07
09-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Thank you my brother. I got all warm and fuzzy when I read that...
And I'm not even drinkin'...

Warm and fuzzy off of what?! :eek:

dragons08
09-06-2005, 09:30 PM
Warm and fuzzy off of what?! :eek:
the love were sending our home boy

mtbray
09-06-2005, 10:26 PM
I know what it means and still think it's ********. It's also still no reason to carry on with such a stupid attempt at an insult. Crazy folks at M&A what are they thinking!? God I'm so clever I could kill myself

/thread

SummitGrad04
09-07-2005, 11:59 AM

It's hard not to like Lavarr. He's gonna have a big season.

RDAWG11
09-07-2005, 01:21 PM
ut-28
osu-27
In overtime

garlandowl08
09-07-2005, 05:35 PM
OSU 24
Texas 14, 17, or 21

It will be close
but not that close

TheProphet
09-07-2005, 09:16 PM
1) tu is not funny. Not only that, you lost to nosmelc, so just shut up.

2) Since you obivously haven't looked into either team, let me break something down for you. Yeah, both teams are good, no doubt, BUT not only does Ohio State not have a QB or RB that is even remotely proven or has shown any promise outside of Troy Smith's Alamo Bowl performance against the stifling Oklahoma State D who UT hung 49 points on in the second half, but their defense is SLOW ( bar AJ Hawk).

3) The only way to stop a running QB is with fast linebackers (See DJ v Reggie McNeal). When you combine that QB with Ramonce Taylor (4.23) and Jamaal Charles(4.34) and Selvin Young (4.40) AND Henry Melton who looked nothing short of Ricky Williams on his two TD runs vs LaLa, you create a defensive headache.

4) UT has the best O-line in the country (see Sporting News or College Football News)

5) O yeah and the best D-Line (Sporting News again)

Thus your prophecy of the week...
Texas 30
Ohio State 14

wide-e-wide
09-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Prophet you might have just talked yourself into a new friendship.
I'm Wideman ...glad to have you on the board.

Hook 'em

dragons08
09-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Prophet you might have just talked yourself into a new friendship.
I'm Wideman ...glad to have you on the board.

Hook 'em
Prophet, welcome to the board man, wideman is the "class clown" for future refrence...

TheProphet
09-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Haha, thanks man, so I being hailed or patronized?

dragons08
09-07-2005, 09:45 PM
Haha, thanks man, so I being hailed or patronized?
hailed, wideman loves the horns fans

TheProphet
09-07-2005, 09:47 PM
haha thats tight, i just know A&M and OU will be talking so much crap, because their only chance at a season is having a team thats actually good beat UT. So we gotta stand up for the horns! Although I think the scores should stand for themselves..

wide-e-wide
09-07-2005, 09:52 PM
Just so you'll know...that school in Bryan/Collie Station is referred to as aggy...even if it is plural. It's always aggy....

We should get along just fine my brother.
I've got a huge bet ridin' on this one...check out the
"Wide" world of sports thread..

TheProphet
09-07-2005, 10:23 PM
More interesting topic though, UT's best receiver??? bar david thomas
Limas Sweed
Jordan Shipley (my vote if he ever plays)
Ramonce Taylor
Brian Carter
Nate Jones

wide-e-wide
09-07-2005, 10:25 PM
I would go with Shipley as well..but we gotta get his ***
on the field.
Ramonce pulled off ...not 1 but 2 reverses last week.
But that was against ULaLa...

SummitGrad04
09-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Anyone know if Shipley's gonna play this weekend?

TheProphet
09-07-2005, 10:32 PM
on the depth chart hes still listed behind brian carter, so i would imagine that he isnt, i am eager to see him suit up though

CoppellCowboy57
09-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Ut

Hook' Em Horns

mtbray
09-07-2005, 10:49 PM
Here's a few snips from another forum from a guy talking about the game...any thoughts?

Interesting stuff here, and of course, take it for what its worth. 81% of bets are on UT, but 61% of money is on OSU. Seems like Joe Average is all over UT, and the wiseguys are pounding OSU. The Stardust just moved the line to OSU -3, from -1. Big money laid down on OSU.

My Take:
If UT doesn't get up early, they are ******. Vince Young cannot pass, as I outlined earlier. Ohio State is more talented than last year, and certianly more talented that the 2002 National Championship team. The only area where I would give the advantage to Texas is the offensive line.

QB- even. Young is electric, but makes repeatedly poor decisions. Smith is an accurate passer, who stays in the confines of this offense.

RB- Big advantage to OSU. Haw, Pitmann, and Wells all run sub 4.4 40's, with haw running a 4.21.

Wr/Te Core- Obvious advantage to OSU. Any of OSU's top 3 recievers would instantly become the #1 for Texas. Ginn, Holmes, and Hall are all superb.

O-Line: Texas. What can I say, this will be OSU's best o-line under tressel, and Texas will still trump them. Scott is remarkable, and the rest of the line is solid.

D-Line: Push. Texas has the superior interior, while OSU has better overall depth and Defensive ends.

LB: Ohio State boasts the #1 lB core in america (Tied with FSU). Texas' choice to go small on the LB core will prove costly against OSU's straight ahead rushing attack.

Secondary: Push. Both groups are talented, but overshadowed by more heralded units.

Special Teams; Large advantage to OSU. Better at returner, Kicker, Punter and coverage Unit.

Coaching: HUGE ADVANTAGE TO OHIO STATE. Mack Brown is an excellent recruiter. Tressel is a better game coach. On saturday, they will be coaching, not recruiting. Greg Davis is a horrible offensive coordinator, Jeff Bodwen/Paul Hackettesche.

My Prediction: 20-13 Ohio State. Texas recievers will be completely innefective, Ohio State will cover them one-on-one, allowing their 2 saftey's to focus on Young. Long day for Texas, and Texas will make several key mental mistakes, including one turnover inside their own redzone.

*I am not a OSU or Texas fan, and really dislike both programs*

mtbray
09-07-2005, 10:49 PM
After my reply..

Ok, maybe I was overlooking Texas RB's some. Id re-evaluate it and give a slight advantage to OSU, as I do not trust these Texas Backs.

The D-Line is very even, and I will stand by my evaluation of them. Texas has Wright and Dibbles in the middle, but are not equiped with DE'S the quality OSU has.

I hope that you mean Huff will be asisting with the coverage of Ginn. If Texas were to fall into the unfortunate situation of having Huff singled on Ginn, then TD BUCKEYES! At some point, the UT corners will be singled on Ginn, or Holmes, because the saftey's will be in run support. That will be a key matchup in this game. Also, Aaron Ross (Texas #2 corner), is very inexperienced, and succeptable to double moves. Goodluck covering Ginn and Holmes, while still playing 8 in the box to cover the fact that your 2 LB's are as small as Saftey's. Bobino (weakside LB) will be brutalized in this game.

Is Texas more talented? I do believe that may be so. The talent advantage isn't visible however, at the outset, and isn't some huge edge.

To say VY's true strength is passing, is a farce. He just doesn't read defenses well, and doesnt accurately deliver the football. I know this is a Texas Board, and I will get blasted for that, but honestly, you can't prove me wrong on this. I have outlined several times, that he has NEVER passed the ball well against a top 25, nfl style defense. There are NO Big12 Starting qb's in the NFL. None. There is a reason for this. VY can't take over the game against a defense like this. Michigan and K State? please. Both of those defenses were woefully slow, and poorly coached. Michigan didn't have any LB NFL prospects, OSU has 5.

****INJURY UPDATE****
It now appears that Shipley may not play in the game, as he is being bothered by injury. For anyone who isn't in the know, Shipley is what Texas calls their stud reciever.

Most believe that this is the best OSU defense ever (Including the MNC '02 team). Not only are they supremely talented to Texas, but they also hold the huge depth advantage. Mike D'Andrea (#1 recruit in '02), doesn't even start at MLB.

I am very glad you Mentioned Greg Davis, one of the worst coordinators in the country. He makes almost NO halftime adjustments (yes yes, except for the Ok State last year), and fails to formulate a competitive game plan.

Texas is undisciplined. They missed how many extra points last week? How many stupid penalties do they take in these games?

Texas is 3-10 vs Top 10 teams under Mack Brown. They are poorly coached. OSU is smartly, coached, disciplined, and playing at home. My Texas contact (from Cedear Creek) says this Texas team isn't ready, and will continue to struggle against equaly talented but balanced and well coached teams. One dimensional teams rarely win on the road, and Vince Young will have at least 2 turnovers. Vegas agrees, setting the early proposition bet of Vince Young Turnovers at an Over/Under of 2. Jim Tressel's teams don't get beaten by one guy. The crowd, coaching, and balance of Ohio State, combined with Texas' shoddy game plan, and piss poor special teams will result in a dominant, although likely not high scoring, OSU victory.

Just my thoughts.

svrangerfan
09-07-2005, 10:53 PM
Smithson Valley. D'oh!!! I mean Texas. I don't know why but I like the Horns. I don't like their fans but they will win.

TheProphet
09-08-2005, 04:51 PM
MTBRAY, im not going to quote that whole crock you just put out...im only going to correct what is brutally wrong. The QB's are no where close to even, not even comprable. To say Justin Zwick and Troy Smith can compare to Vince Young makes you sound like the Ohio State mascot incognito. Also, there is no way shape or form the D-lines are even. UT's defensive ends are both returning starters and honorable mention all big 12. Robison was also the D-lines leader in 3 major stats. Not to mention, Okam starts, not Dibbles, but they both play a ton. In the 4th quarter they will all still be fresh because 6 players rotate 4 positions. The LB's obviously go to OSU, sure, but do not overlook Bobino and Kelson, besides whos gonna run over them, all 185 of Antonio Pittman. NO ONE will run the ball with UT's D-line. Now, sporting news called UT's DB's the best in the nation. I think thats overzealous with devin hester and miami, nevertheless, again we have 7 legitimate starters rotating 4 positions. I shouldnt have to tell you that not only does that make a huge difference, but Ohio State does not have same luxury. By the way, you will see Eric Hall (6'4 240) sharing time with Kelson (6'2 215), so the size thing is a touch moot. Also, if Ohio State had a power running game you might have a point, but they are a speed team, playing a speedier defense, and the crack at Michael Huff was ridiculous. The guy is THE track star at UT. He actually came to the school on a track scholarship and picked up DB. He is the fastest person on the field at all times (Since Ramonce Taylor (4.23) doesn't play defense). But you are entitled to your opinion and I'm not lashing out at you, on highlighting the factual flaws. Once again, please never say that the QB situation is even, thats a joke.

mtbray
09-08-2005, 06:11 PM
MTBRAY, im not going to quote that whole crock you just put out...im only going to correct what is brutally wrong. The QB's are no where close to even, not even comprable. To say Justin Zwick and Troy Smith can compare to Vince Young makes you sound like the Ohio State mascot incognito. Also, there is no way shape or form the D-lines are even. UT's defensive ends are both returning starters and honorable mention all big 12. Robison was also the D-lines leader in 3 major stats. Not to mention, Okam starts, not Dibbles, but they both play a ton. In the 4th quarter they will all still be fresh because 6 players rotate 4 positions. The LB's obviously go to OSU, sure, but do not overlook Bobino and Kelson, besides whos gonna run over them, all 185 of Antonio Pittman. NO ONE will run the ball with UT's D-line. Now, sporting news called UT's DB's the best in the nation. I think thats overzealous with devin hester and miami, nevertheless, again we have 7 legitimate starters rotating 4 positions. I shouldnt have to tell you that not only does that make a huge difference, but Ohio State does not have same luxury. By the way, you will see Eric Hall (6'4 240) sharing time with Kelson (6'2 215), so the size thing is a touch moot. Also, if Ohio State had a power running game you might have a point, but they are a speed team, playing a speedier defense, and the crack at Michael Huff was ridiculous. The guy is THE track star at UT. He actually came to the school on a track scholarship and picked up DB. He is the fastest person on the field at all times (Since Ramonce Taylor (4.23) doesn't play defense). But you are entitled to your opinion and I'm not lashing out at you, on highlighting the factual flaws. Once again, please never say that the QB situation is even, thats a joke.

These aren't my thoughts/posts, they're from another jack@ss on a different forum. I was simply looking for ammo to shoot back at him because I'm not educated enough on this stuff. Thanks for the reply though, you gave me what I needed.

TheProphet
09-08-2005, 06:39 PM
o your welcome man, haha anytime