PDA

View Full Version : Franccione is a moron

Tiger Dude
09-03-2005, 10:35 PM
There is absolutely zero reason not to go for two on that last TD. Assuming they'd made it, it would be a tie game and we'd be in OT right now. Should have never gotten to this anyway.

He ought to have his butt kicked. I really hate this.

It's hard being a fan sometimes. :confused:

rattlerbacker
09-03-2005, 11:02 PM
That appears to be a no-brainer since you still have the lead if you don't make it. Unless there is something I'm missing, I don't see any downside to going for 2 there.

Garland02
09-03-2005, 11:07 PM
That appears to be a no-brainer since you still have the lead if you don't make it. Unless there is something I'm missing, I don't see any downside to going for 2 there.

Nope, you aren't missing anything, there is no reason to go for 1 in that situation at all. The only thing I can think of is that with over 9 min left in the game, and as easily as they just scored in 3 plays, he must have thought they would score again.

Not a great football weekend for me between this game and Garlands loss to Desoto last night.

Oh well, at least OU got beat by TCU.... I usually pull for the big 12 team, but its nice to see them brought back to earth.

westlake
09-03-2005, 11:10 PM
Oh well, at least OU got beat by TCU.... I usually pull for the big 12 team, but its nice to see them brought back to earth.

I always go for the texas team :D

pack0808
09-04-2005, 12:12 AM
I thought they got completely too conservative!! I understand Mcneil was not having the best game but they ran the option about a million times and on that 3rd and 3 when a&m had the ball with the chance to run the clock out i was like let him throw the ball please!! Trust in your senior star qb. But no!! they ran that same play once again and Clemson was waiting for it. I mean if you do not have confidence in Mcneil as a coach you are a moron. All qb's make mistakes and you have to let them keep going. It is not like the guy is a freshmen??

Mr_Lucci
09-04-2005, 03:20 AM
The series that did them in was their last possession. On 3rd down McNeal first calls a timeout only to come back with a useless play. Why they ran that option play to the short side of the field I will never understand. If they run it to the right side I believe this game goes to the Aggies.

Tiger Dude
09-04-2005, 11:50 AM
I guess I'm the moron since I can't spell Franchione. :)

rattlerbacker
09-04-2005, 11:56 AM
You aren't getting paid $2 mil per to spell either! :D

Reaganrattler07
09-04-2005, 11:59 AM
It's easy to look back at a game and say "what if" but as for the two point conversion, there was plenty time left and Coach Fran was probably pretty sure that they would get that ball back with some time and possibly kick a field goal.

A&M's defense needs to improve in between the two 30 yard lines. They could only stop people in the redzone....which 6 FG's is a lot better than 6 TD's. A&M will hopefully learn from this game.

KT2000
09-04-2005, 03:35 PM
There's no difference between a 1 or a 2 point lead at that point in the game (either way, a field goal is going to beat you) so he should have definitely gone for two. However, none of that matters if they don't let Clemson get in field goal range at the end so you can't blame that call on the loss completely.

LHSLion11
09-04-2005, 04:03 PM
moron...agreed

wide-e-wide
09-04-2005, 07:08 PM
I just love it when aggy calls their leader a moron. Kind of puts everything in perspective.

Favpack
09-04-2005, 07:20 PM
We were ripping Fran last year when Utah killed them in Week 1. They will get it together and finish 8-4 or 9-3 - and go to a decent bowl - but this does not appear to be an upper tier team - particularly the D and wr's.

farmerfan
09-04-2005, 07:58 PM
No way A&M wins 9 games this year, first they need to learn how to tackle, then learn how to add. It is decisions like we saw from Fran last night that lead to so many aggie jokes.

Favpack
09-04-2005, 08:02 PM
FF - this team should have gone up 14-0 after 4 minutes - and I think it would have been a route. A holding call and dropped td pass won't cut it on the road. The team was not ready - D included.

I still see 8-4, maybe 9-3 -- the conference wont be strong this year outside of UT - though they do have to go to Tech - likely loss there - and they will be legit. to some degree. - but, yeah, let me lean toward 8-4 right now - lol

wide-e-wide
09-04-2005, 08:51 PM
8-4? wow...do they get killed in the Cotton Bowl again?

TheProphet
09-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Lets do something interesting... perhaps an over/under for how many yards the UT offense will hang on the aggie D, 400 Over/under

THATS A BIG OVER AND OUT

wide-e-wide
09-07-2005, 10:40 PM
Waaay over.
Normally I would say ...Texas will pull their starters and the
stats will be low...but with this Texas team...it doesn't
really matter what string is in there.

svrangerfan
09-07-2005, 10:56 PM
We were ripping Fran last year when Utah killed them in Week 1. They will get it together and finish 8-4 or 9-3 - and go to a decent bowl - but this does not appear to be an upper tier team - particularly the D and wr's.

WHICH THEY WILL LOSE.

TheProphet
09-08-2005, 06:47 PM
I don know if I can give em 8-4 even, I suppose they can beat Baylor at home, of course I supposed the same thing last year too, and Texas State shouldn't count as a win since they are D2 (like it used to be when Arkansas lost their bowl eligibility). So I would say they have 4 given losses (UT, OU, Tech, and evidently Clemson) but thats never stopped them from losing more games before!

wide-e-wide
09-08-2005, 06:50 PM
I say 7-5...
I'm pulling for Baylor again this year.
I swear if they lose to Baylor two years in
a row...I will never...ever...ever...shut up about
it.

BTW...I vote we leave this thread at the top forever.
It makes me smile every time I read it.

GarlandOwl06
09-08-2005, 07:00 PM
A&M wont lose to Baylor.

TheProphet
09-08-2005, 07:07 PM
thats probably right garland, of course this time last year we would have all said that too...

jtk1519
09-09-2005, 03:25 AM
I read this and laughed so hard, I almost cried...

Texas A&M's Dennis Franchione (24), who managed to lose his road opener for the third straight year as coach of the Aggies. Losing at Clemson is not a mortal sin, but contributing to it with bad coaching is. A&M scored with 9:22 left but declined a two-point conversion that would have put them ahead by three. Clemson obliged by kicking the winning field goal with two seconds remaining for a 25-24 victory. (Honorable mention to NFL expats Dave Wannstedt and Greg Robinson, who bombed in their debuts. This might be tougher than it looks. Just as Bill Callahan.)

:D :D :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=2155656