PDA

View Full Version : District 15??

NewSherriffInTown
04-24-2005, 11:39 AM
Anyone have some info you can float me about the Round Rock, Cedar Park, Leander, Pflugerville, Georgetown district??? I'm going through withdrawls right about now...I want to learn some things about my new area...

LoneStarProud
04-24-2005, 02:30 PM
Anyone have some info you can float me about the Round Rock, Cedar Park, Leander, Pflugerville, Georgetown district??? I'm going through withdrawls right about now...I want to learn some things about my new area...

Sorry Sherriff, can't help you much with football in that area. I have
relatives in Austin and Liberty Hill that are deep into football there but
that doesn't help you much. Just curious though, what kind of high
school football atmosphere is there in the Big Apple. I assume thats
where you just moved from.

ktchamp97
04-24-2005, 03:20 PM
We expect McNeil, Pflugerville, and Leander to be at the top of the district this year. It will be interesting to see how Cedar Park fares after having such a great year last year, but having lost the heart and soul of their offense. Pflugerville lost Todd Walker, but they were young in alot of areas; they have the most coming back. McNeil had a surprise year and they return a good nucleus of players as well. Leander was young last year too and Coach Gideon has got himself a nice little program going out there. I expect them to be back in the playoff hunt. The big unknown for me is Cedar Park...was last year a flash in the pan?

NewSherriffInTown
04-24-2005, 04:56 PM
New York does not have great atmospheres very often for HS football. NYC itself is just pitiful. NY is so down in football because the best talent is untapped. Just imagine all those basketball players on the gridiron, but I digress. I live just outside NYC in Westchester County. Instead of districts, we have sections here. There are 11 sections in the state. Each section has about 65 teams spread throughout the classes. I'd say there is an average of 12 teams per section in each class. Our section is tops. The winner of each section goes on to the state playoffs in each class, but NYC doesn't participate, and Long Island doesn't participate (they have excellent football out there, but they won't join the state tournament).

In upstate NY, the following of HS football is a little bit better because frankly they don't have as much to do, and the high schools are more spread out than we are (like you guys) therefore communities are closer knit.

We have one rivalry game in our area, Harrison-Rye that will get 6 to 10 thousand people. Besides that one game in the entire 65 school area, nobody averages more than a 1000 people. Not even close. It's a joke. The state title games are played at the Carrier Dome at Syracuse University and the most people to ever attend a game is probably close to 12 thousand people. That was a couple years ago when Mike Hart from the Syracuse area played his final state title game. (he won 3 in a row in the lowest classification and now stars at U. Michigan). I put clips of him on this forum or the TexasHSfootball.com forum already from HS.

We have some decent bands, but they don't necessarily play and march at football games. They do it for their own benefit alot.

We average about 15 d1 players per year in the entire state.

I can not wait until football season starts down in Texas. I need to experience this.

stevefoxsc
04-24-2005, 08:41 PM
just from playing that district they are above average, and have they have there years of good times and bad times but they are decent

LeanderLions3033
04-25-2005, 05:47 PM
Hey everybody long time no see, this is LHSgimp3033 from the old board, but im back on this username now.
If you want my honest opinion stevefoxsc, i'd say 15-5a would be rated higher than 13-5a over the past 3 or 3 years. 3 years ago, yall won 2 out of the 3 with your infamous waco over pflugerville game, and a&m consol over westwood, and Leander beat cove. The next year We won 2-3 with Leander beating Belton (actually Ramonce taylor almost beat us by himself with his 220 yards rushing through 3 quarters) and Pflugerville beat a&m consol pretty bad. This past year, its simple, our districts best team played yalls districts best team (Cedar Park played Cove) and lets just say it was a blood bath to say the least. From top to bottom yalls district is probably better, but year in and year out, our district seems to be better than yalls. It didnt used to be the case but it is now. And next year, if our offensive line can step it up, we will have our 2nd team all district qb Drew Dunn coming back, our 1st teamers WR Travis Njuko and TE Brett Schroeder, and our RB Jason Barnes back. Our Offense should be stacked, and our defense has alot of returning starters as well. Im not trying to be bias with this opinion, but my opinion on next years playoff picture looks like this.

1. Leander
2. Pflugerville
3. Mcneil

Id say 1 and 2 can be interchangeable, but we have for the most part dominated pflugerville over the years, except for last season. We are trying to put last season behind us :D . What are you guy's thoughts?

abilenefan
04-25-2005, 07:50 PM
I think it will be very interesting to see how Georgetown shapes up this year and next. They have hired about half of Abilene High's staff. My understanding is that Coach Blue is going to try to duplicate the program that Coach Warren started at Abilene High about 10 years ago.

Georgetown is a one high school town and probably is not as far down as Abilene High was so I would expect that they'll see results a lot quicker.

Good luck to Coach Blue, Fullen and Dean.

LeanderLions3033
04-26-2005, 04:59 PM
Yeah Georgetown has always been a school that has left me speechless. They are a one school town (the only one school town in our district) and have consistantly not made the playoffs, although they have been highly touted sometimes, and have had talent. That confuses me.

abilenefan
04-27-2005, 02:35 AM
Yeah Georgetown has always been a school that has left me speechless. They are a one school town (the only one school town in our district) and have consistantly not made the playoffs, although they have been highly touted sometimes, and have had talent. That confuses me.

That is probably going to change. They have an excellent staff now...time will tell.