PDA

View Full Version : Cy-Fair vs Pearland

Pages : [1] 2

cy-fair dad
12-02-2006, 06:37 PM
Let's get the poll going cy-fair's playing great there defense is hitting on all cylinders only 7 pt per game in the playoffs!!

Red Raiders
12-02-2006, 06:39 PM
I've noticed many people disrespect Pearland1 that they're great team and I've agreed with him but many others don't or made fun of him, its sad. I expected them to be that far in the playoffs and season, they're good. Wherever Pearland1 is, he needs to be back on here. I think this game can go either way 50/50. I see Cy-Fair beating Pearland close or Pearland beating Cy-Fair big time.

CyFallsMom
12-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Why mess up a good streak - the BOBCATS of course:)

BoomerSooner
12-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Pearland is definitely for real. The way the Bobcats played today's game I think they could go up against any team in state, but next week could be a different story. They have to go out and be ready. No looking ahead or taking Pearland for granted that's for sure.

CyFair'86
12-02-2006, 06:52 PM
I for one will not be taking Pearland for granted. This will be Cy Fair's toughest test yet, and hopefully we'll pass it.

cy-fair dad
12-02-2006, 06:56 PM
Pearland is definitely for real. The way the Bobcats played today's game I think they could go up against any team in state, but next week could be a different story. They have to go out and be ready. No looking ahead or taking Pearland for granted that's for sure.

Yes the way they played today they could play anyone and win,i think cy-fair win's there great at stoping the run it's the passing team's that scare me,but they did great today against the pass,i think there unstopable now,the rest of the state is there's too lose!!!

CyFair'86
12-02-2006, 07:03 PM
Yes the way they played today they could play anyone and win,i think cy-fair win's there great at stoping the run it's the passing team's that scare me,but they did great today against the pass,i think there unstopable now,the rest of the state is there's too lose!!!

Yeah I'm worried about a great passing team to. We've got small DB's, but they have played great. I would be worried about facing a great offensive team like SLC, but we'll worry about that when and if we meet.

BoomerSooner
12-02-2006, 07:06 PM

I definitely don't think it's theirs to lose. We aren't anywhere near the state game yet, and until Soutlake comes back down to earth I think they are the favorite.

bobcatDL07
12-02-2006, 07:09 PM
The game will be played Saturday at 2 p.m. at Rice stadium if anyone is wondering

CyFair'86
12-02-2006, 07:15 PM
The game will be played Saturday at 2 p.m. at Rice stadium if anyone is wondering

Awesome, and not to have wait all night to find out where is even better.

78 Spartan
12-02-2006, 08:23 PM
I like Cy Fair to win fairly comfortably against Pearland.

Pearland's run defense today was very good but Cinco does not have a back with any real speed, let alone speed like the Oilers will see in McGuffie (why do my fingers keep trying to type McFugglie?). Plus, Pearland is obviously susceptible to the pass, and while Cy Fair is not a big time passing team, they have enough of it to keep the defense somewhat honest. If they completely load up the box, I think Cy Fair can make them pay.

On the other hand, Pearland has no such passing alternative. They have zero ability to move the ball through the air. So Proctor and Fozzie MUST be able to move the ball for four quarters against Cy Fair's defense, which I believe will prove to be better than Cinco's defense. And once Cinco loaded up on the run game, they started to shut it down, especially in the fourth quarter.

Even if I'm wrong and it's a very close game, Cy Fair's superior kicking game will win it. Pearland has trouble in all phases of the kicking game and it showed today. They were lucky to survive it.

My prediction: Cy Fair 31, Pearland 14. I could be wrong. I thought Cinco would beat Pearland today in a squeaker. I got the squeaker part right, but I couldn't believe the Oilers coughed up a 28-7 lead and dang near lost the ballgame.

One caveat: if I am wrong and it comes down to a couple of plays late in the game, I would like the ball in the hands of Sam Proctor. He can sure make plays.

CyFair'86
12-02-2006, 08:27 PM
I like Cy Fair to win fairly comfortably against Pearland.

78 Spartan are you trying to stir up the Pearland fans? LOL!! I do hope you are right this time though.

Pearland Longhorn
12-02-2006, 08:36 PM
Cy Fair will win this poll. I'm sure I'll be doing a lot of posting in this thread this week but to start it off I'de just like to appologize beforehand to the Cy Fair fans for anything Pearland1(rikker???) has to say.... He does not speak for the rest of us.

I've seen Cy Fair play. I don't think their passing game will do much damage against us unless they spread us out with 4 or 5 wideouts. A play action to a tight end like I saw them use against Lamar won't work on us. Today was by far the worst our secondary has done all year because they put so many wide outs on the field we had to use Roosvelt Weeks (WR) and Kasey Carrier (HB) to defend them.

To Spartan... What you saw today was not Pearlands "A" game by any stretch. We showed flashes of our usual self but really shot ourselves in the foot with penalties in the 4th quarter which is unlike us. We only had 1 penalty against Shore.

If Pearland wins I think it will be because of Proctor. Fozzy might not get as many yards as mcguffie (it will be close) but Proctor WILL put up over 150. If you talk to this man you will see that he is on a MISSION to get to state. We may not win but that man will give us everything he's got. He IS the reason we are here.

Good luck Cy Fair I really do respect yalls team. This is the game I've been hoping for.

CyFair'86
12-02-2006, 08:39 PM
Well I think everyone on the field will be giving all they've got to win this one. I do hope it's a great game with Cy Fair coming out on top.

1141brittmoore
12-02-2006, 08:42 PM
78 Spartan are you trying to stir up the Pearland fans? LOL!! I do hope you are right this time though.
Actually CyFair 86 - 78 Spartan is right on. Our entire kicking game has been an adventure this year. Our pass defense was very suspect earlier in the year. It improved and probably their best game was against pass happy Dulles. I don't have a clue as to why today. This game was very similar to BWood's. Somewhat comfortable lead - then momentum changed - overtime but this time Pland escaped with the win.

Pearland1
12-02-2006, 08:58 PM

Nobody in this board respects pearland yall have picked them to lose too

Dulles

NorthShore

Cinco Ranch

and now Cy Fair

We will see on Saturday.

on the game Cinco Ranch never gave up down 28-7 they fought hard and tied the game and I congratulate them on the hard effort and for not giving up. Cinco QB has a good arm and found his receivers. Cinco Ranch's defense spent too much on the field the pounding of Pearland running game took its toll at the end. Proctor is a winner and when the going gets hard he wants the ball in his hands with Cinco's band playing full blast Proctor took the ball and ran thru Cinco's defense for the win.

cyfallsgoalie31
12-02-2006, 09:18 PM
This will be Cy Fair's toughest test yet, and hopefully we'll pass it.
Do you mean through the season or in the playoffs?

NSStangs#1fan
12-02-2006, 09:20 PM

Dulles

NorthShore

Cinco Ranch

and now Cy Fair

We will see on Saturday.

on the game Cinco Ranch never gave up down 28-7 they fought hard and tied the game and I congradulate them on the hard effort and for not giving up. Cinco QB has a good arm and found his receivers. Cinco Ranch's defense spend to much on the field the pounding of Pearland running game took its toll at the end. Proctor is a winner and when the going gets hard he wants the ball in his hands with Cinco's band playing full blast Proctor took the ball and ran thur Cinco's defense for the win.

I think the reason yall aren't and haven't been favored is b/c

Dulles had one of the best passing attacks in the Houston area. No debate here hell of a game!

North Shore is... well North Shore. The previous what 0-5 or 0-4 record u guys had didn't say much for your team @ the time. A lot of ppl saw this as a trap game.

Cinco's D was almost as good as NS's, but the had they O to make up 4 those points where as NS didn't. Then Cinco made that tremendous comeback and almost took it.

CyFair has been here b4, they just held Hightower to 7 and we can't 4get Mr. McGuffie.

It's hard to be favored after wins like those against opponents like these. A lot of teams coming in2 the POs the way PL did (no offense) would be the underdog in any of these cases. @ 1 point PL was assumed to not even make the POs and look where yall r now!

Good luck next week to both teams!

CyFair'86
12-02-2006, 09:25 PM
Do you mean through the season or in the playoffs?

The playoffs.

CFBobcatFB
12-02-2006, 11:34 PM
Pearland will have the upper hand if it comes down to a close score late in the game after playing NShore close and this last game going into overtime. Bobcats havent been tested really yet (except Falls) but hopefully they will be able to pull it off. I think Fair proved for the 2nd week in a row they arent just 1 dimensional. Of course im biased but i think fair can hold plands run enough to win , b/c they will put points up on the board. Bobcats by 10

Dynastybegan86
12-03-2006, 12:46 AM
I've noticed many people disrespect Pearland1 that they're great team and I've agreed with him but many others don't or made fun of him, its sad. I expected them to be that far in the playoffs and season, they're good. Wherever Pearland1 is, he needs to be back on here. I think this game can go either way 50/50. I see Cy-Fair beating Pearland close or Pearland beating Cy-Fair big time.
His posts are the reason people do not show him much respect and make him an EASY target, it is not sad, his post are sad. Pearland made the play when it counted, that is respectable. Odds you say, best odds in football. I will stand by my feelings that pearland will lose because they can't PASS! If it was just an average passing game, I'd pick pearland to win. Unfortunately, their passing game is nonexistent and this deep in playoffs, it will be the downfall of pearland. imo. They also can't defend the pass very well. Not trying to provoke you P1, but you know I'm right!

Dynastybegan86
12-03-2006, 12:50 AM

Dulles

NorthShore

Cinco Ranch

and now Cy Fair

We will see on Saturday.

on the game Cinco Ranch never gave up down 28-7 they fought hard and tied the game and I congratulate them on the hard effort and for not giving up. Cinco QB has a good arm and found his receivers. Cinco Ranch's defense spent too much on the field the pounding of Pearland running game took its toll at the end. Proctor is a winner and when the going gets hard he wants the ball in his hands with Cinco's band playing full blast Proctor took the ball and ran thru Cinco's defense for the win.
Take this part out and this would be a good post imo. It's not disrespectful to point out weaknesses. Your right about that!

DIN0wns
12-03-2006, 01:01 AM
Pearland has a good chance. I think its going to be a close game. I say whoever wins by 3 and im leaning more toward cy fair, but good luck to both teams who both have tremendous backs.

slick06
12-03-2006, 01:13 AM
Im lucky to talk to proctor alot and talk about football. His heart and mind is set on State. I just talked to him tonight and i asked if he was nervous. He said " man i wasnt nervous...i want it the ball i want it coach to say draw right...once he said it it was over!! BALLIN!"

I dont know if any1 talks to sam or know him but hes one hell of a kid and one hell of a leader.

I really think that Pearland will face its toughest test and the fact we lost to SA Taft 5 years ago the same round we are here now.

"Take it to the house"-Sam Proctor (he wanted me to say that lol)

DIN0wns
12-03-2006, 01:18 AM
i am very anti 1 or 2 man teams but here is a battle of two of them and i just want to see wut will happen. i wonder if pearland will pull it off because they have two great backs and cy fair only has one but if cy fair did their scouting then they would know pearland has a 1% passing game and would use their ok passing offensive to win the game.

Bobcat81
12-03-2006, 01:44 AM
His posts are the reason people do not show him much respect and make him an EASY target, it is not sad, his post are sad. Pearland made the play when it counted, that is respectable. Odds you say, best odds in football. I will stand by my feelings that pearland will lose because they can't PASS! If it was just an average passing game, I'd pick pearland to win. Unfortunately, their passing game is nonexistent and this deep in playoffs, it will be the downfall of pearland. imo. They also can't defend the pass very well. Not trying to provoke you P1, but you know I'm right!

No doubt...he's marked :cool:

DIN0wns
12-03-2006, 01:47 AM
No doubt...he's marked :cool:

yep tru dat (aka) true that

Pearland Longhorn
12-03-2006, 02:24 AM
Im lucky to talk to proctor alot and talk about football. His heart and mind is set on State. I just talked to him tonight and i asked if he was nervous. He said " man i wasnt nervous...i want it the ball i want it coach to say draw right...once he said it it was over!! BALLIN!"

I dont know if any1 talks to sam or know him but hes one hell of a kid and one hell of a leader.

I really think that Pearland will face its toughest test and the fact we lost to SA Taft 5 years ago the same round we are here now.

"Take it to the house"-Sam Proctor (he wanted me to say that lol)

We played Taft in the Semi-finals not Quarter-finals.

I really don't wanna start anything with Cy-Fair fans because I really respect them but It's so funny that every single team has said EXCACTLY what yall are saying. "they run great but I think our defense is good enough to hold them a little. Plus, teams can't win this far into the playoffs without a passing game".. We have done it before guys... 2001,2002. Clear Lake did it in 2004...

The winner of this game will probably go to state with an extremely run heavy offense... No need to pass when you have backs like both of these teams do.

Hoodleboy80
12-03-2006, 02:33 AM
All i know is that this is gonna be a great game, and i never thought itd be these two teams in the region finals at the start of the season. great jobs by both teams

CFBobcatFB
12-03-2006, 09:27 AM
Both teams are run heavy that is a given. Both teams will stack the box and "limit" the run. Only reason I see Fair having the advantage is b/c of a better passing game as shown in the last 2 weeks. Even tho they have the adv doesnt mean they will win. Gotta come out and execute in all aspects. PLand has a 1-2 punch in their backfield. Fair has a 1-2 punch with McGuffie and the recently exposed passing game. Should be a great game. Wish Falls/Katy werent playing at the same time. 2 awesome games in Reg 3 Finals can't wait until the weekend.

CF Eagle Fan
12-03-2006, 05:08 PM
I, too, wish that the Falls/Katy game was not at the same time as the Fair/Pearland game. I was fortunate enough the past 2 weeks to see both Fair and Falls playoff games. Not this week or next. Too bad we couldn't have a double header!:) After seeing Fair play last week at Reliant, I know that they are mulitdeminsional. Lamar tested the passing game and Fair came out on top. Lamar also tried to stop the running game, but that didn't happen. McGuffie is the real deal. Then entire Cy Fair team is the real deal. Good luck Bobcats! Make us proud in 17-5A! I know you can do it! BFND!

sttirf111
12-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Cy Fair's defense has proven more this season than Pearland IMO. McGuffie and Whittaker are both great running backs. Proctor is also a threat to run the ball but Cy Fair has stopped 3 running QB's in the last 4 games (Ridge, Lamar, Hightower). I think Pearland will give Cy Fair competition but I don't think they are better than Cy Falls IMO. Cy Falls has been Fair's only real competetion this whole entire season. I think it will be close at half but in the end I'll take Cy Fair 35 Pearland 24. Pearland has also had a few close exhausting games while Cy Fair has coasted through the first 3 rounds. Cy Fair should be fresher, and if they are focused they should win this game IMO. Let the bashing of my post begin Pearland fans.

dada
12-03-2006, 06:31 PM
Cy Fair's defense has proven more this season than Pearland IMO. McGuffie and Whittaker are both great running backs. Proctor is also a threat to run the ball but Cy Fair has stopped 3 running QB's in the last 4 games (Ridge, Lamar, Hightower). I think Pearland will give Cy Fair competition but I don't think they are better than Cy Falls IMO. Cy Falls has been Fair's only real competetion this whole entire season. I think it will be close at half but in the end I'll take Cy Fair 35 Pearland 24. Pearland has also had a few close exhausting games while Cy Fair has coasted through the first 3 rounds. Cy Fair should be fresher, and if they are focused they should win this game IMO. Let the bashing of my post begin Pearland fans.
BINGO!!!!...Everyone forgets about the Bobcats D......they are VERY good. The key to beating Pearland is to force them to play catch up.......They had several 2nd and shorts against Cinco Ranch. I think fair has the offense AND the defense to force the Oilers to play from behind.....MAKE them throw the ball.

Pearland Longhorn
12-03-2006, 06:39 PM
I can see Fair winning this game. But please don't tell me yall win because of your defense... I've heard that 2 weeks in a row and both of those teams had better defenses than Fair statistically... It's gonna be a close shoot-out. Both teams in the 30's.

Fleeman93
12-03-2006, 06:45 PM
If I were Fair's coaching staff I would work on the passing game all week. Fair should be able run anyway and Pearland has NO pass defense. It will be interesting to see if Fair's defense can slow down Pearland's rushing attack.

dada
12-03-2006, 06:45 PM
If I were Fair's coaching staff I would work on the passing game all week. Fair should be able run anyway and Pearland has NO pass defense. It will be interesting to see if Fair's defense can slow down Pearland's rushing attack.
Fair CAN pass....and run.....not one dimensional.

Pearland Longhorn
12-03-2006, 06:47 PM

Our NO pass defense held the #1 pass team in the state to 21 points.

dada
12-03-2006, 06:49 PM
what team was that? Dulles?

Pearland Longhorn
12-03-2006, 06:50 PM
what team was that? Dulles?

Yeah.

dada
12-03-2006, 06:51 PM
Yeah.
Fair held Andrew Luck and Stratford to 6 points. I think Luck was a little better than Cotton. This was the same Stratford team that put up 33 on Cy-Falls...For what it's worth.

Fleeman93
12-03-2006, 06:52 PM

I know the coaching staff for Cinco had to throw in some running plays to try and keep PLand honest, but it was easy to see that Cinco was destroying PLand's defense with the pass. PLand showed zero chance of stopping at any point.

sttirf111
12-03-2006, 07:01 PM
I can see Fair winning this game. But please don't tell me yall win because of your defense... I've heard that 2 weeks in a row and both of those teams had better defenses than Fair statistically... It's gonna be a close shoot-out. Both teams in the 30's.
I have one thing to say...7 points allowed per game in the playoffs. :D

Oiler99
12-03-2006, 07:03 PM
as much as i read into this game i cant find one thing to tell me pearland is favored, but thats why games are played. May both teams have a good week of practice and provide us with a great regional final on saturday, as im sure either team will represent region 3 well.

NSMustangProud
12-03-2006, 07:24 PM
as much as i read into this game i cant find one thing to tell me pearland is favored, but thats why games are played. May both teams have a good week of practice and provide us with a great regional final on saturday, as im sure either team will represent region 3 well.
Good post Oiler99 you are keeping it safe

Oiler99
12-03-2006, 07:32 PM
thanks mustang i have never predicted games or try to shy one way because i dont feel like as a biased fan who ahs only seen that one team that i can honestly predict a good score, but as much as im a pearland oiler fan im a high school football fan i would rather see them win a nailbighter and play a great game then walk all over someone.

bobcatDL07
12-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Fair held Andrew Luck and Stratford to 6 points. I think Luck was a little better than Cotton. This was the same Stratford team that put up 33 on Cy-Falls...For what it's worth.
on the 2nd stringers :p well since the game that we shut luck down they have played immense offensive football and it just never ended with stratford, by the time they had reached cy falls in round 2 of the playoffs they were easily one of the best offenses in the state... totally different than the opening game against Fair, but it was our first game as a defensive unit as well, so all is good

bobcatDL07
12-03-2006, 08:04 PM
but in all honesty it will be a good game and good luck to both teams

Pearland1
12-03-2006, 08:52 PM
BINGO!!!!...Everyone forgets about the Bobcats D......they are VERY good. The key to beating Pearland is to force them to play catch up.......They had several 2nd and shorts against Cinco Ranch. I think fair has the offense AND the defense to force the Oilers to play from behind.....MAKE them throw the ball.

Yes just like Northshore when Pearland was down 14-0. Pearland will run and run and keep the Cyfair defense on the field and wear them down.

You know there offense you know who is going to run if yall stop it yall win.
very simple on paper.
Good luck on saturday.

We have been picked to go down in defeat every game on this homer board and I dont expect anything to change.

CFBobcatFB
12-03-2006, 09:17 PM

Not sure if they will even have enough possesions to score 30 points among them both having predominately running games. Game should go by quickly i think. Game will be won between the tackles, which line will hold up. Fair hasn't faced a run only offense (Springs didn't count, Ridge passed fairly more than PLAnd) and although Pland faced a rushing offense in NShore they haven't seen such a strong running game with an efficient passing game to go along with it. Everyone knows what each team has to offer just gunna come down to who executes. Going to be a great game. Winner represents Reg. 3 in State Championship IMO.

BigtimeO-line
12-03-2006, 09:34 PM
this is going to be hell of a game... Fozzy v. Mcguffie.... what a match up, where will it be played at?
~blouse~

Vash
12-03-2006, 10:08 PM
There is not doubt that Sam Mcguffie is a great running back, but Pearland's defense was very stout against Chris Ganious and the Foward/Lugo combo. Pearland's defensive coordinator Coach Kanipes will call many Blitzes to hit Mcguffie behind the line, the secret to winning will have to be to for the QB of Cy Fair to throw it up and hope Saenz and Pealand's secondary have another terrible game. Im sure Mcguffie will have a good game of maybe 100+ but sooner or later he'll get stopped and Cy Fair will have to go to the Air, if they can't connect, they cant win. Now im sure Cy Fair, has a good defense, but they can't hold a candle to Northshore's or Cinco Ranch's defense, and if neither of them could stop the Proctor/Fozzie (Lightning/Thunder) combo, then either will they. It'll be a good game going down to the wire, but Pearland wins another close one on the legs of Proc and Fozzie

dj31588
12-03-2006, 10:26 PM

and that same defense got lit up by j.j. mcdermott (325 yds) and cinco...and cinco's passing game wasnt all that strong like it has been in the past...

dj31588
12-03-2006, 10:28 PM
Yes just like Northshore when Pearland was down 14-0. Pearland will run and run and keep the Cyfair defense on the field and wear them down.

You know there offense you know who is going to run if yall stop it yall win.
very simple on paper.
Good luck on saturday.

We have been picked to go down in defeat every game on this homer board and I dont expect anything to change.

cy fair's offense is a major step up from north shore's...i can almost guarantee that pearland wouldn't be able to dig out of a 14-0 hole this week...

Pearland1
12-03-2006, 11:29 PM
cy fair's offense is a major step up from north shore's...i can almost guarantee that pearland wouldn't be able to dig out of a 14-0 hole this week...

What makes you think Pearland is going to be one down 14-0?

Is your defense as good and fast as Northshore?

remember you know they are going to run and you know who is going to run but still they can't be stop. Fozzy and Proctor.

good luck to the best team on saturday.

GridironJAC
12-03-2006, 11:37 PM
and that same defense got lit up by j.j. mcdermott (325 yds) and cinco...and cinco's passing game wasnt all that strong like it has been in the past...
That is exactly what I was thinking... Cinco was know for it's D more than it's O. So Pearland's D (take note; this is the 4th round, so yes, I know this is a GOOD team) can get scored on. No one has come close to scoring much on the Bobcats D.
We were told to watch out for Lamar Redskins great offense... but they got scalped by the Bobcats D.
We were told that the Hightower Hurricanes offense was going to cause a stir... they ended up being a quiet storm without the storm, again, by the Bobcats D.
Now the offense was told again and again and again, "you can't win with just Mcguffie" - "Defenses are going to shut down your run", but the Bobcats faithful knew this wasn’t a one-man team/one dimensional... We won, to the tune of a record of 12-1, and staying strong.
Three PO games, Bobcat D has given up; 7, 7, and yes, 7 pts.
Three PO games, Bobcat O have scored; 35, 29, and 49 pts.

Pearland Oilers, meet the Fighting Bobcats!

Now I ain't trying to disrespect anyone, just stating PO fact.
I can tell you that I was at the NS/PLand game, and yes, the Oilers are good, good enough to get by the Mustangs + 2. I also like the two RB's in the game, two guys that appear to have level heads on their shoulders.

The Cats just need to stay focused, stay strong, keep the faith, and keep fighting, GO BOBCATS!

:D Again, a tip of the cap to the Cat backers out there, great attendance, filled Berry on home side, and then some. Keep it going!

:cool: Drill team, and band, great show again... Great team/state spirit. Amen to #1!

pearlandfan
12-04-2006, 12:52 AM

Pearland has a great secondary of juniors and sophmores. How many times did the safety catch the runner from behind. They problem was Pearland wasnt puttin pressure on the QB he had all the time to throw he just had to look. dont get me wrong yall have a great passing game.

dada
12-04-2006, 07:39 AM
Pearland reminds me of the Vince Young led Madison Marlins. Vince carried that team just like Fozzy and Proctor carries Pearland. 3 rounds deep into the playoffs, things can be different. Cy-Fair is a complete TEAM the same way Westlake was when the beat the "Young" Marlins. Madison went into game knowing the would have to outscore everyone. Cy-Fairs D may not STOP Pearland, but I think they will have a few good defensive stands that will allow them to win the ball game. To beat Fair you have to be able to run AND pass....the way Cy-Falls did(and big balls by the coach going for two) to keep them honest. Everyone in Texas KNOWS Pearland wont throw...I would dare them to throw on me. They sent one WR all the way to the sideline to take one defender out of the play....I would gamble. Cy-Fair will be able to score. The key is to keep Pearland out of the 3rd and 4th and shorts. Because of McGuffie everyone forgets about the other parts of the team...they only gave up 21 points to Katy Taylor, Lamar and Hightower combined.....how many teams can say that? They really haven't show any vunerability this year.

My pick....Cy-fair 31 Pearland 28

Tailwheel
12-04-2006, 10:00 AM
Another thing that can be used by Cy-Fair is the pass to the TE. Has 2 TD receptions on the year. Never misses what is thrown to him. Just wish he was used more. Teams are not looking for him to even get a pass. Maybe he's one of the secret weapons?

Pearland1
12-04-2006, 10:01 AM
Pearland reminds me of the Vince Young led Madison Marlins. Vince carried that team just like Fozzy and Proctor carries Pearland. 3 rounds deep into the playoffs, things can be different. Cy-Fair is a complete TEAM the same way Westlake was when the beat the "Young" Marlins. Madison went into game knowing the would have to outscore everyone. Cy-Fairs D may not STOP Pearland, but I think they will have a few good defensive stands that will allow them to win the ball game. To beat Fair you have to be able to run AND pass....the way Cy-Falls did(and big balls by the coach going for two) to keep them honest. Everyone in Texas KNOWS Pearland wont throw...I would dare them to throw on me. They sent one WR all the way to the sideline to take one defender out of the play....I would gamble. Cy-Fair will be able to score. The key is to keep Pearland out of the 3rd and 4th and shorts. Because of McGuffie everyone forgets about the other parts of the team...they only gave up 21 points to Katy Taylor, Lamar and Hightower combined.....how many teams can say that? They really haven't show any vunerability this year.

My pick....Cy-fair 31 Pearland 28

Not many teams got to play Katy Taylor,Lamar,hightower in a row so I guess they cant say.

forget about the past and lets talk about was coming up. This will be Cyfair hardest game so far yall had a easy for 3 games and now its time to play football. Your defense better stop the run or they are going to be spending lots of time on the field. May the best team win. Pearland reminds you of Madison?

UT66
12-04-2006, 10:17 AM
I have seen both of these teams and both have really good running games and CF has a decent passing game which Pearland doesnt. What most fail to see if you havent seen Pearland is just how good their qb is at running. This aint no ordinary running qb folks. This guy runs as well as Vince Young. Cinco had a pretty fair defense and he had over 200 yards. Add to that the Whitaker 200+ yards and a defense that is a lot better than they get credit for and you got the makings of a shoot out. If Pearlands receivers can catch 6-8 decent passes (maybe a tall order) this will be a wild game. Sam cannot offset the three ball handlers for Pearland by himself. Procter is worth 3 td's against any fairly good defense. Fair defense better be ON Saturday for them to win. I just see it a Pearland win in a shootout.

G-Man
12-04-2006, 10:24 AM
I have one thing to say...7 points allowed per game in the playoffs. :D

Look who CF has played. Pearland is the first real test against a real team. I reserve judgement on CF until after this game.:)

dada
12-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Not many teams got to play Katy Taylor,Lamar,hightower in a row so I guess they cant say.

forget about the past and lets talk about was coming up. This will be Cyfair hardest game so far yall had a easy for 3 games and now its time to play football. Your defense better stop the run or they are going to be spending lots of time on the field. May the best team win. Pearland reminds you of Madison?
I have no ties with Fair but I've seen them a few times. The game will be as hard as they MAKE it. They don't have to STOP the run....from what I've seen with Pearland..all they have to do is slow them down and make a few stops. If this gets to be a scoring match someones D will have to step up and make the difference...this will be the toughest D Pearland has seen this year...INCLUDING North Shore. Perland reminds me of Madison being that....you take away the main weapon(in this case there are Two)...you beat them...I will take a Solid TEAM(Cy-Fair) over Whittaker and Proctor anyday. Teams win Championships.....Two Players cant...espesially not in Texas....If I'm wrong...I'll still be here to take my abuse for voicing my opinion.

dada
12-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Look who CF has played. Pearland is the first real test against a real team. I reserve judgement on CF until after this game.:)
Hightower and Lamar were two top notch offensive teams......that couldnt find the endzone....this will be Pearlands first real test also...Unlike North SHore...Fair has been clicking on all cylinders since week one.

Pearland1
12-04-2006, 11:07 AM
I have no ties with Fair but I've seen them a few times. The game will be as hard as they MAKE it. They don't have to STOP the run....from what I've seen with Pearland..all they have to do is slow them down and make a few stops. If this gets to be a scoring match someones D will have to step up and make the difference...this will be the toughest D Pearland has seen this year...INCLUDING North Shore. Perland reminds me of Madison being that....you take away the main weapon(in this case there are Two)...you beat them...I will take a Solid TEAM(Cy-Fair) over Whittaker and Proctor anyday. Teams win Championships.....Two Players cant...espesially not in Texas....If I'm wrong...I'll still be here to take my abuse for voicing my opinion.

Pearland is not a 2 man team thats like saying cyfair is a one man team. dont forget about the O-lineman that open up the holes for them to run thru.

I dont know anything about Cyfair defense but I heard the same thing from Cinco Ranch people about how good the defense was and maybe better then NS and we ran for 400 yards so we will see on saturday if Cyfair defense will stop the pearland running game. Pearland is not that big in defense but they make it up with speed.

dada
12-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Pearland is not a 2 man team thats like saying cyfair is a one man team. dont forget about the O-lineman that open up the holes for them to run thru.

I dont think Cyfair Defense has the same speed that NS had I maybe wrong. Pearland is not that big in defense but they make it up with speed.
The thing is to keep pearland out of those 2nd and shorts....force them to punt...something Shore or Cinco Ranch didnt do....4th and 5...they are going for it. Fair my not be as Fast as Shore...but they are more disiplined. You take away the run then what do you have. Fair is more than capable of beating you with the pass...Like I say...they arent gonna shut Pearland down...I just think that if the game is on the line...their D will be able to make key plays to get the ball back in Cy-Fair's hands.

G-Man
12-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Hightower and Lamar were two top notch offensive teams......that couldnt find the endzone....this will be Pearlands first real test also...Unlike North SHore...Fair has been clicking on all cylinders since week one.

I DO think CF will win this one. However, I do see them being tested for the first time. Saw Hightower play early and saw Aldine who beat Lamar play early. Neither was particularly impressive. JMO. :)

dada
12-04-2006, 11:21 AM
I DO think CF will win this one. However, I do see them being tested for the first time. Saw Hightower play early and saw Aldine who beat Lamar play early. Neither was particularly impressive. JMO. :)
Falls beat fair because they could run and pass( and get lucky..lol)...Cinco Ranch Made asjustments to stop the run while they were making their comeback..they just couldn't capitalize on it....If Fair scores first and this goes Score for score...I see the bobcat D making more plays than the Oiler D....and that will be the difference in the Game. Hightower put up what? 49 on a good kingwood team?

CyFallsMom
12-04-2006, 11:23 AM
I dont know anything about Cyfair defense but I heard the same thing from Cinco Ranch people about how good the defense was and maybe better then NS and we ran for 400 yards so we will see on saturday if Cyfair defense will stop the pearland running game. Pearland is not that big in defense but they make it up with speed.

IMO, Cy Fair is the toughest defense we played all year - even moreso than Westfield - and they have only gotten better. I match them up with Katy at this point in the season. Again, just my opinion for what it's worth.

dada
12-04-2006, 11:56 AM
IMO, Cy Fair is the toughest defense we played all year - even moreso than Westfield - and they have only gotten better. I match them up with Katy at this point in the season. Again, just my opinion for what it's worth.
The Fair Defense is pretty good...has been all year....but when you have Superman...that's the only think people think about when they hear your name. Folks who havent seen them play will be really suprised once the realize that this team is solid in EVERY department.

slick06
12-04-2006, 12:03 PM
As i read this thread and how CF has only given up 7 pts per game and blah....

Dulles, NorthShore, and Cinco Ranch > Katy Taylor, Lamar, and Hightower

Do i make my point clear? enough said

Pearland1
12-04-2006, 12:04 PM
The Fair Defense is pretty good...has been all year....but when you have Superman...that's the only think people think about when they hear your name. Folks who havent seen them play will be really suprised once the realize that this team is solid in EVERY department.

Superman?

dada
12-04-2006, 12:07 PM
Superman?
That's Sam's nickname.

But Pearland does have Batman and Robin.:D ..

Batman and Robin are loners though....Superman has the Hall of Justice to back him up.

dada
12-04-2006, 12:09 PM
As i read this thread and how CF has only given up 7 pts per game and blah....

Dulles, NorthShore, and Cinco Ranch > Katy Taylor, Lamar, and Hightower

Do i make my point clear? enough said
How much did they give up to Ulles(No D)....who couldnt run but carved them up.....Shore couldnt pass.....Cinco couldnt run...>Fair does both....Really well WITH a great Defense.

Pearland1
12-04-2006, 12:52 PM
Why do all teams we play compare them selfs or think they are better in defense to North Shore and say they will stop the run?

I dont think no one in Houston has the speed on defense that North Shore has maybe LM in 4A

Pearland is the home team on Saturday thats 4 games in row that we are home. Black uniforms on Saturday.

dada
12-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Why do all teams we play compare them selfs or think they are better in defense to North Shore and say they will stop the run?

I dont think no one in Houston has the speed on defense that North Shore has maybe LM in 4A

Pearland is the home team on Saturday thats 4 games in row that we are home. Black uniforms on Saturday.
Numbers don't lie.

Bobcat81
12-04-2006, 01:46 PM
What's the weather looking like for Sat??

dada
12-04-2006, 01:59 PM
100% chance of McGuffie

Bobcat81
12-04-2006, 02:03 PM
100% chance of McGuffie

....and then some!!!! :eek:

dada
12-04-2006, 02:05 PM
....and then some!!!! :eek:
Sprinkle in a little Galloway and Chance......

panamamyers
12-04-2006, 02:12 PM
That Kingwood team was good because of their offense, not their defense. Pretty much any playoff team could roll out of bed and score 30-40 on them, especially with a few turnovers added in for easy points.

Lamar did not have a running qb per se. they had some little guy that was doing all he could. The starter waa out. The backup looked like a cornerback they plucked from the defense and stuck him back there. He was small, couldn't pass and couldn't run that well.

Proctor is no Vince Young, if he was Pearland would moonwalk their way into the state championship game. Proctor is very, very athletic though. He's basically like having another running back, because he can't pass. He's not as fast as the Shepherd kid that Cy-Fair had to stop, but he's much, much stronger running the ball. He's a big, strong, man, not a 10th grader.

Everyone THINKS they can stop Pearland, because they run such a simple offense. They block so well though. They have basically two D1 running backs that can get the ball on any given play. If North Shore can't completely stop them, then Cy-Fair won't be able to do it. Cy-Fair can't hold North Shore's jockstrap when it comes to run defense, yet the Oilers still were able to move just enough to win the game.

Not sure what Pearland's pass defense has to do with this. If it comes to Cy-Fair being forced to pass, then game's over. That will mean McGuffie will have been stopped, might as well hang up your cleats and wait til next year. This will come down to McGuffie vs Whittaker and Proctor. Everything else is out the window.

Pearland 28 - Cy-Fair 20

Hoodleboy80
12-04-2006, 02:26 PM
After seeing both teams play, I'd take CyFairs passing game over Pearlands any day. CyFairs QB has made plays when needed, and i think having a more balance offense, including an great rb, is more effective than two great rbs. Whichever defense makes more plays will come out on top.

Pearland Longhorn
12-04-2006, 02:26 PM
Pearland does not have a weak secondary unless you spread them out. Cy Fair does not do that. They have 2 wide outs and a tight end. Every team that has attempted to pass on us with this formation has failed this year. Nicholas Saenz is due for another game changing performance this weekend...

panamamyers
12-04-2006, 02:29 PM
As I said, if this game lieson Cy-Fair's passing game, then they can get ready to turn in their pads. But, if it's coming down to that, it would mean their running game has been stopped.

The relative strength of each team's passing game has nothing to do with the outcome of this game. The game lies entirely on the rush defense of each team. Whichever team comes through there will win the game,.

Tailwheel
12-04-2006, 02:31 PM
Panamyers-

You seem to think we will only pass because we HAD to. We will pass in order to help Sam and open things up.

dada
12-04-2006, 02:32 PM
Panamyers-

You seem to think we will only pass because we HAD to. We will pass in order to help Sam and open things up.
Like the Coach from Westfield said....the key is to pass when you WANT to, not when you HAVE to.

panamamyers
12-04-2006, 02:34 PM
I saw Cy-Fair against Lamar.
The Cy-Fair passing game just isn't good enough to have any effect on the outcome. They will get their passes here and there, but the game will come down to who can stop whom on the ground.

This is all just my opinion of course.

Hoodleboy80
12-04-2006, 02:34 PM
i agree with tail, CyFair doesnt have to go to its pass game only if the running game is stopped. they have a decent pass game, and their qb has put up good numbers for being in such a run heavy offense. they can change it up on pearland's D, and thatll be, IMO, a factor in the game.

dada
12-04-2006, 02:37 PM
I saw Cy-Fair against Lamar.
The Cy-Fair passing game just isn't good enough to have any effect on the outcome. They will get their passes here and there, but the game will come down to who can stop whom on the ground.

This is all just my opinion of course.
Yeah...he was only 11-15-0 156yds and 1td against Lamar.....not good at all.

panamamyers
12-04-2006, 02:41 PM
I never said he wasn't good or that the passing game isn't pretty good.

I said that if Cy-Fair's passing game is to play any substantial role in this matchup, they will be in a whole heap of trouble.

panamamyers
12-04-2006, 02:43 PM
I will go so far as to say, the higher the # of passing yards Cy-Fair has, the lower % chance they have of winning in my mind.

Tailwheel
12-04-2006, 02:44 PM
Panamamyers-

Were you at the Hightower game?

We had 160 yds passing at the half. 170 total. 18.9 avg/pass. Completed 9 of 12. Two for TDs.

I will agree that we will never be known for our passing. But it's not like we're incapable of doing it when we want to.

dada
12-04-2006, 02:45 PM
I never said he wasn't good or that the passing game isn't pretty good.

I said that if Cy-Fair's passing game is to play any substantial role in this matchup, they will be in a whole heap of trouble.
The role it will play is that IF the running game isnt working...they atleast have another way to move the ball....and a GREAT tightend...just like the one Cinco Ranch FINALLY decided to use late in the game against P'Land. Let's just think for a minute and say what IF pearland is in a third and long....I don't think they will be able to gamble this week the way they did last week.

panamamyers
12-04-2006, 02:47 PM
Yeah I see your point, no doubt.

But, my point is, if Pearland is getting them in 3rd and long with any sort of regularity, then Pearland stands a much better chance.

Tailwheel
12-04-2006, 02:48 PM
dada4w-

I couldn't agree with you more about that TE!

Hoodleboy80
12-04-2006, 02:49 PM
i agree, third and longs would be tough, but CyFalls is effective enough to not have to wait to pass in these situations. they have the ability to gain positive yards on first and second down through the air, leaving 2nd and short or 3rd and short for the run game.

dada
12-04-2006, 02:55 PM
Yeah I see your point, no doubt.

But, my point is, if Pearland is getting them in 3rd and long with any sort of regularity, then Pearland stands a much better chance.
I meant that what happens when/If Fair get Pearland in 3rd and long situations....as long as Fair throws at the opposite side of #7 the way CR did....they should be ok.

panamamyers
12-04-2006, 02:59 PM
If Fair gets Pearland in a 3rd and long then watch for a quick kick lol

Pearland can NOT convert 3rd and longs. They will just run the ball some more and hope to set up a 4th and short.

dada
12-04-2006, 03:06 PM
If Fair gets Pearland in a 3rd and long then watch for a quick kick lol

Pearland can NOT convert 3rd and longs. They will just run the ball some more and hope to set up a 4th and short.
EXACTLY.....anything under 6 yards...they will go for it on 4th.

UT66
12-04-2006, 03:07 PM
Procter is no Vince Young? We played against Vince at Madison twice in the playoffs, we won one and he won one. I have seen them both play in HS and you are right if you are comparing Procter against what you know VY has done since. But, at the same place in HS, there isnt a great deal of difference. The problem is that if you key on him, then Whittaker beats you. Dont sell Pearland short is all I'm saying. Even when you know they are gonna run and you load up 10-11, they still get 400+ yards. Now that should get anyones attention. When a one dimensional team can still shove it down your throats, you better pay attention. They will pass 6-8 times a game and watch out if they get lucky and complete some of those (miracles do happen). Fair has a very good defense but is it as good as NS, I just cant believe it is. Pearland's secondary is suspect but they are very fast. This aint no cakewalk for Fair. What really puzzles me is how Brazoswood beat them though. That makes absolutely no sense.

panamamyers
12-04-2006, 03:17 PM
I saw Vince twice in high school, against NS and against Westlake. Houston Madison is such a ragtag school...no team from there should ever again be able to challenge for a championship. He had a few talented players surrounding him sure, just like most HISD schools usually do. Joseph Addai was a great player at Sharpstown, you think he challenged for a state title?

Vince Young in high school was more dominating than Vince young at Texas. Vince at Texas was quite possibly one of the top 5 most dominating players ever in college football. Vince Young at Madison single handedly lead a ragtag bunch from HISD to the cusp of a championship. You could have put vince on virtually any team in Texas and he would have lead them deep into the playoffs. You could have stuck Vince as an 18 year old on this year Houston Sam Houston team, and they would have likely made the playoffs.

Vince, on this year's Pearland team? lol An 18 year old Vince on an actual well-oiled, well-coached, disiplined team, like Pearland? No team would have come within 40 points of Pearland this year if Vince at age 18 played for Pearland.

Back to Proctor. He's a good athlete. He's a nice, solidly built guy with good speed. He reminds me of a slightly faster Ell Roberson who I am very familiar with here at Baytown Lee.

Proctor is not in the same stratosphere as Vince. Not even close. Pearland, as I said, could moonwalk their way to a national championship and roll over every team by 20+ points if (18 year old)Vince was their qb.

dada
12-04-2006, 03:21 PM
I saw Vince twice in high school, against NS and against Westlake. Houston Madison is such a ragtag school...no team from there should ever again be able to challenge for a championship. He had a few talented players surrounding him sure, just like most HISD schools usually do. Joseph Addai was a great player at Sharpstown, you think he challenged for a state title?

Vince Young in high school was more dominating than Vince young at Texas. Vince at Texas was quite possibly one of the top 5 most dominating players ever in college football. Vince Young at Madison single handedly lead a ragtag bunch from HISD to the cusp of a championship. You could have put vince on virtually any team in Texas and he would have lead them deep into the playoffs. You could have stuck Vince as an 18 year old on this year Houston Sam Houston team, and they would have likely made the playoffs.

Vince, on this year's Pearland team? lol An 18 year old Vince on an actual well-oiled, well-coached, disiplined team, like Pearland? No team would have come within 40 points of Pearland this year if Vince at age 18 played for Pearland.

Back to Proctor. He's a good athlete. He's a nice, solidly built guy with good speed. He reminds me of a slightly faster Ell Roberson who I am very familiar with here at Baytown Lee.

Proctor is not in the same stratosphere as Vince. Not even close. Pearland, as I said, could moonwalk their way to a national championship and roll over every team by 20+ points if (18 year old)Vince was their qb.
great post...who was sam before he came to Pearland? The QB from Dobie.

dada
12-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Made up my mind....I HAVE to see this game....I know Katy will handle their business....I will be at Rice Saturday.....havent been this excited for a game with two random teams I have no affiliation with in awhile......

TellMeWeCan't08
12-04-2006, 03:29 PM
Really looking forward to seeing you guys on Saturday. It's gonna be one a good one, no matter the outcome. I just have to say I'm really hoping it's us singing on the bus ride home.

TellMeWeCan't08
12-04-2006, 03:29 PM
But Pearland does have Batman and Robin.:D ..

Wow..I hope you didn't make that up because I've never heard anyone call Fozz or Proc that. We just call them Fozz or Proc around Pearland.
We're doing alot of preparation today. We didn't have a heavy practice today but it was intense, I'll assure you that. I'm sure it's the same way over in Cy Fair. We, along with Cy Fair, are going to bring it this weekend. Once that clock expires, there's going to be nothing left in either of us because we're going to bring it all here this weekend. Regardless, tears are going to be shed no matter the outcome for each of us.
Can't wait to play on Saturday though. See you guys on the field.

dada
12-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Wow..I hope you didn't make that up because I've never heard anyone call Fozz or Proc that. We just call them Fozz or Proc around Pearland.
Can't wait to play on Saturday though. See you guys on the field.[/QUOTE]
yeah...that's what I call them....thy Dynamic Duo=Batman and Robin.

TellMeWeCan't08
12-04-2006, 03:48 PM
lol, that's cool I got you.
Oh yeah, if McGuffie really is called Superman, you know some Pearland person is going to crack jokes at it.

So let me be the first, being a player.

Sam McGuffie = Superman
Pearland = Kryptonite (If only we had SLC colors)

dada
12-04-2006, 03:49 PM
lol, that's cool I got you.
Oh yeah, if McGuffie really is called Superman, you know some Pearland person is going to crack jokes at it.

So let me be the first, being a player.

Sam McGuffie = Superman
Pearland = Kryptonite (If only we had SLC colors)
You have to go all the way to Krypton to get it...I've seen Batman take a Few a@@ whippings....and he BLEEDS...lol....not the man of steel.....lol:D

panamamyers
12-04-2006, 03:54 PM
Kneel Before Zod!

cy-fair dad
12-04-2006, 05:08 PM
That Kingwood team was good because of their offense, not their defense. Pretty much any playoff team could roll out of bed and score 30-40 on them, especially with a few turnovers added in for easy points.

Lamar did not have a running qb per se. they had some little guy that was doing all he could. The starter waa out. The backup looked like a cornerback they plucked from the defense and stuck him back there. He was small, couldn't pass and couldn't run that well.

Proctor is no Vince Young, if he was Pearland would moonwalk their way into the state championship game. Proctor is very, very athletic though. He's basically like having another running back, because he can't pass. He's not as fast as the Shepherd kid that Cy-Fair had to stop, but he's much, much stronger running the ball. He's a big, strong, man, not a 10th grader.

Everyone THINKS they can stop Pearland, because they run such a simple offense. They block so well though. They have basically two D1 running backs that can get the ball on any given play. If North Shore can't completely stop them, then Cy-Fair won't be able to do it. Cy-Fair can't hold North Shore's jockstrap when it comes to run defense, yet the Oilers still were able to move just enough to win the game.

Not sure what Pearland's pass defense has to do with this. If it comes to Cy-Fair being forced to pass, then game's over. That will mean McGuffie will have been stopped, might as well hang up your cleats and wait til next year. This will come down to McGuffie vs Whittaker and Proctor. Everything else is out the window.

Pearland 28 - Cy-Fair 20

What part of the 7pts per game in the po. don't you understand,cy-fair may have the best defense in the state regular season 11.2 pts per game,you will be stoped count on it better learn how too pass by sat. or your setting ducks.is that simple enough for you i'll even make it big and maroon if that will help!!!

FairCheer11
12-04-2006, 05:15 PM
WOW! this is getting intense and it's only monday.. i CAN NOT wait for this game... but since it is cy-fair and pearland.. two teams who get no press.. don't count on the game getting covered too well :mad: Oh well!

* * Cy-Fair Football Rules * *

Hoodleboy80
12-04-2006, 05:46 PM
two teams that dont get press? How could they not, each havine a dominating running back. These teams def get some press, and mcguffie has gotten more press than any other player in texas. That obviously leads to team attention.

Pland90
12-04-2006, 05:51 PM
All i know is that if Pearland can control the clock and keep Cy Fairs offense on the sideline that Mcguffie cant jump over anybody, and if Pearlands o-line can wear out Cy Fairs defense Pearland should win.

sttirf111
12-04-2006, 05:52 PM

Pearland 28 - Cy-Fair 20
How about you stop cutting down Cy Fair and let the score do the talking because your going to look really stupid come saturday afternoon IMO.

Hoodleboy80
12-04-2006, 06:03 PM
The same thing could be said about Cy Fair. If they control the clock and run the ball, which they do, theyll keep proc and fozzy on the sidelines.

ktCarl
12-04-2006, 06:21 PM
How about you stop cutting down Cy Fair and let the score do the talking because your going to look really stupid come saturday afternoon IMO.

Who is Houston Lamer?

I wish the Cy-Fair/PLand game was being played at Tully or a bigger venue as part of a double header. It would be a treat to see the Katy/Falls and CF/PL back to back. Would that be a great afternoon of football or what?!

5toolman
12-04-2006, 06:52 PM
There is not doubt that Sam Mcguffie is a great running back, but Pearland's defense was very stout against Chris Ganious and the Foward/Lugo combo. Pearland's defensive coordinator Coach Kanipes will call many Blitzes to hit Mcguffie behind the line, the secret to winning will have to be to for the QB of Cy Fair to throw it up and hope Saenz and Pealand's secondary have another terrible game. Im sure Mcguffie will have a good game of maybe 100+ but sooner or later he'll get stopped and Cy Fair will have to go to the Air, if they can't connect, they cant win. Now im sure Cy Fair, has a good defense, but they can't hold a candle to Northshore's or Cinco Ranch's defense, and if neither of them could stop the Proctor/Fozzie (Lightning/Thunder) combo, then either will they. It'll be a good game going down to the wire, but Pearland wins another close one on the legs of Proc and Fozzie

I don't expect you, or the Pearland coaches and the Pearland defense for that matter, to understand completely what you are dealing in trying to stop Sam AND and one of the most efficient passing teams around.

By now, most that follow Texas High School know who Sam is. But unless they really know the game and have had to opportunity to see him in a few games in person, the average fan may not understand just how special he is.

I quietly laughed to myself when I would read from the many who have said Sam would have move to another position in D1, so he can overcome his size and make best use of his speed. If they understand what makes any RB gifted, and they had seen Sam in person, they would recognize Sam has one of the most exceptional combination of skills of any RB who has played this sport at the high school level ... ever.

Big words, no doubt. But they are words I was telling everyone after watching Sam for only two games last year. After everyone was so impressed with Westfield's speed last year, Sam made their defense look like they were treading water.

Sam has a very intuitive feel for the game. He knows when to use his blockers, when to make a subtle move, when to make a spin move, when to turn on the jets, when to run through arm tackles and when to go airborne.

What takes Sam from impressive to supernatural is combined with his intuitive feel and understanding of football, Sam has the ability to accelerate to top speed as quickly as some of the all time great RBs. While I don't think these compressions are fair ... to Sam ... he reminds me of a combination of three backs who I am happy to say I had to opportunity to watch very closely when they were also at a very young age.

Sam has a feel for the game, an ability to make subtle moves without sacrificing speed and an ability to never get hit square much like Barry Sanders. Sam has the ability to go airborne and hurdle standing tacklers, that I have not seen since Billy Sims. In truth, Sam does it much more often. Eight times this year, and counting. Sam is also better able to understand when and how to jump, so that he takes far less contact from the stunned defender, than Billy ever did. As far as quick acceleration, Reggie Bush is the most notable compression. Although it is close, in my judgment Sam has Reggie by a fraction in the first 10 to 12 yards.

In case you think I am gushing too much as a Cy Fair Homer, guess again. Sam is now turning heads at all of the very best D1 schools. Through a business partner, I know a major college scout that has been in charge of requiting south Texas for over 25 years. Because of Sam's awesome combination of skills, the scout considers Sam among not only among the most impressive running back prospects in Texas, but in the entire nation.

Consider Sam aveages 9+ yards per rushing attempt. Now try to understand, that combined with Sam's greatness, the Bobcats have two other options where they actually average more that a first down (10+ yards) per play. Partly because they are unexpected, and partly because the Cats have some very capible players besides Sam, the Bobcats are well over 10+ yards per play passing attempt and per inside dive to their full back.

Let's get ready to play some football!

Sam is tough as nails and has an enormous aptitude for the game. I have not seen man

panamamyers
12-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Where did I cut down Cy-Fair?

I'm just giving my opinions on the game. Cy-Fair's run defense is not in the same zip code as North Shore's run defense. It's just not.

Sam averaged over 9 yards per carry. gainious from North Shore averaged about 10.5 yards per carry this year. Those types of averages are commonplace in high school football.

And lastly, as I said before...Kneel before Zod!

bobcatDL07
12-04-2006, 07:17 PM

I'm just giving my opinions on the game. Cy-Fair's run defense is not in the same zip code as North Shore's run defense. It's just not.

Sam averaged over 9 yards per carry. gainious from North Shore averaged about 10.5 yards per carry this year. Those types of averages are commonplace in high school football.

gainous averaged 10.5 yards with a 300 pounds avg Oline against 22-5a teams.. Sam is averaging over 200 a game agaisnt playoff teams and defense oriented teams at that being Katy taylor and lamar...theres a statement to be made this week ( if it already hasnt been made) i think cy-fairs D knows what theyre up against and will knock some heads to prove just what were all about

panamamyers
12-04-2006, 07:28 PM
I just wasn't that impressed against Lamar. Maybe it was a bad game for Cy-Fair. I'll admit that's the only Cy-Fair game I've seen since Ryan Beard was the running back there.

I'm not saying that Cy-Fair won't beat Pearland. Cy-Fair just better be ready to score some points, because I don't think they will slow Pearland down too much if they(CF) play like they did against Lamar.

panamamyers
12-04-2006, 07:29 PM
And Sam had MUCH bigger holes from his line than Gainious ever got against Lee or Pearland. Just because the line averages 300 lbs doesn't mean they are good.

5toolman
12-04-2006, 07:36 PM

Psst ... Gainious is the big play guy only, while Sam is the big play guy AND the work horse in offense. That is a big, big difference. The kind of difference that has the Bobcats deep in the playoffs, and Sam soon to be over 3,000 yards.

Tailwheel
12-04-2006, 07:41 PM
Panamamyers-

I guess you finally answered the question about how many games you have actually seen. One. But you still act like an expert about Cy-Fair?

Panamamyers-

Were you at the Hightower game?

We had 160 yds passing at the half. 170 total. 18.9 avg/pass. Completed 9 of 12. Two for TDs.

I will agree that we will never be known for our passing. But it's not like we're incapable of doing it when we want to.

5toolman
12-04-2006, 07:53 PM
I just wasn't that impressed against Lamar. Maybe it was a bad game for Cy-Fair. I'll admit that's the only Cy-Fair game I've seen since Ryan Beard was the running back there.

I'm not saying that Cy-Fair won't beat Pearland. Cy-Fair just better be ready to score some points, because I don't think they will slow Pearland down too much if they(CF) play like they did against Lamar.

I can see where one who did not know Cy Fair might not have been too impressed with them in the Lamar game. However, after quickly jumping to a 21 point lead against a team that they knew had no chance to come back, Cy Fair coaches did not use the strongest part of their offensive.

Rather than exploiting the corners it was clear they had all day, they appeared content to running the ball up a very crowed center of the field, keeping the clock running. And in my view, just for practice they threw in an occasional ball controll pass, a rare trick play or attempted a FG they did not neet to secure the game.

Pearland1
12-04-2006, 09:03 PM
gainous averaged 10.5 yards with a 300 pounds avg Oline against 22-5a teams.. Sam is averaging over 200 a game agaisnt playoff teams and defense oriented teams at that being Katy taylor and lamar...theres a statement to be made this week ( if it already hasnt been made) i think cy-fairs D knows what theyre up against and will knock some heads to prove just what were all about

yes hightower,Lamar,Katy Taylor are better then North Shore, Cinco Ranch and Dulles, wake up. Lamar did not even have a QB or a defense. Hightower comes from Fort Bend district that is water down with so many Schools and Katy Taylor no in the same class as Katy and Cinco Ranch.

dada
12-04-2006, 09:17 PM
yes hightower,Lamar,Katy Taylor are better then North Shore, Cinco Ranch and Dulles, wake up. Lamar did not even have a QB or a defense. Hightower comes from Fort Bend district that is water down with so many Schools and Katy Taylor no in the same class as Katy and Cinco Ranch.
Dulles came from that same watered down district.

CyFair'86
12-04-2006, 09:28 PM
Made up my mind....I HAVE to see this game....I know Katy will handle their business....I will be at Rice Saturday.....havent been this excited for a game with two random teams I have no affiliation with in awhile......

Well we'll be glad to have you at the game. Which side are you going to sit on?

CyFair'86
12-04-2006, 09:32 PM
Who is Houston Lamer?

I wish the Cy-Fair/PLand game was being played at Tully or a bigger venue as part of a double header. It would be a treat to see the Katy/Falls and CF/PL back to back. Would that be a great afternoon of football or what?!

Hello!!! You can't get much bigger then Rice Stadium. Katy/Cy falls should be joining us in a double header at Rice. Heck Rice might just be big enough to hand;e the Katy crowd. ;)

sttirf111
12-04-2006, 09:58 PM
I can see where one who did not know Cy Fair might not have been too impressed with them in the Lamar game. However, after quickly jumping to a 21 point lead against a team that they knew had no chance to come back, Cy Fair coaches did not use the strongest part of their offensive.

Rather than exploiting the corners it was clear they had all day, they appeared content to running the ball up a very crowed center of the field, keeping the clock running. And in my view, just for practice they threw in an occasional ball controll pass, a rare trick play or attempted a FG they did not neet to secure the game.
The more you keep off the game film the better. Im tired of all this bickering because in my eyes throughout this season Cy Fair has taken care of business and should not be doubted. One 1 point controversial loss to Cy Falls...the closest game besides that was 28-14 win over a good Ridge team. In which Cy Fair was winning 28-0. And a 21-6 win over a good Stratford team which Cy Fair fumbled in the redzone 3 times. Cy Fair has clearly played great football all year and Pearland has done the same as of late. Hell they moved the ball on the "great" Northshore D. It will be a great game..saying Cy Fairs D isn't worth Northshore's jockstrap or whatever...it might be true...but who is in the 4th round and who isnt? Should be a great game and go CATS!

bobcatDL07
12-04-2006, 09:59 PM
like we did against Lamar?? our defense held them to under 200 yards and they scored on 1 big play, was 29 not enough to beat lamar scoring 7? and Sam had 195 yds and 3 TD's regardless of Lamar stacking the box which ended up hurting them, because we passed for 11/15 160ish yards

Pearland1
12-04-2006, 10:03 PM
like we did against Lamar?? our defense held them to under 200 yards and they scored on 1 big play, was 29 not enough to beat lamar scoring 7?

Pearland is not Lamar!!! If you keep Pearland's running game to 200 yards and under you guys deserve to win but I dont think you defense is NS caliber.

bobcatDL07
12-04-2006, 10:06 PM
cool, i dont deny yall havent played harder teams that was a comparison between ganious and mcguffie btw..IMO north shore was getting too much love during the season beating up on those teams, and congrats on beating cinco ranch who could barely muster a win against cy springs

sttirf111
12-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Wow your right man...considering Dulles is in that watered down district. O and Katy Taylor isn't in the same class as Cinco too bad they led Cinco 13-0 at half and were down 14-13 late in the 4th quarter and only lost 21-13. They gave Cinco a very good game. And why the hell are you even talking about Katy..they have nothing to do with this discussion at all. And your right Lamar didn't have a D?? They were only the only team to hold Mcguffie under 200 yards in over a month.

bobcatDL07
12-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Pearland is not Lamar!!! If you keep Pearland's running game to 200 yards and under you guys deserve to win but I dont think you defense is NS caliber.
i realize that im tryign to point out that the defense was stout against Lamar so i dont know where panamamyers is coming from, and i think it woulda been even uglier had we played on a decent field

Pearland1
12-04-2006, 10:16 PM
Wow your right man...considering Dulles is in that watered down district. O and Katy Taylor isn't in the same class as Cinco too bad they led Cinco 13-0 at half and were down 14-13 late in the 4th quarter and only lost 21-13. They gave Cinco a very good game. And why the hell are you even talking about Katy..they have nothing to do with this discussion at all. And your right Lamar didn't have a D?? They were only the only team to hold Mcguffie under 200 yards in over a month.

Who is Houston Lamer? I think is Lamar.

CyFair'86
12-04-2006, 10:28 PM

Looks like sunny and cool. Mid to high 50's for the highs as of now.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/boatandbeach/weekend/77065?from=36hr_topnav_boat

Bobcat81
12-04-2006, 10:28 PM

Being a follower & proud fan of Cy-Fair, I wasn't as impressed with the Lamar preformance as i have been with other games before & since then. Even though they came away with a decisive win, They didn't appear to have played quite the game that i know they are capable of. Who knows what the reason is. Maybe they feel they didn't have to preform 100% in order to beat Lamar...but i doubt it. Those kids are SERIOUS about every single down they play & have a "one track" mind when it comes to winning. For those that didn't see the Hightower game, those poor kids in silver & green were acting pretty timid when they came out to play the second half. It was pretty evident by the way they carried themselves that they were thinking,.."Oh no..not another 24 minutes of this!!"

Perhaps Hightower just didn't anticipate playing a team that plays as 'physical' as Cy-Fair likes to play. I'm not sure. One thing is for certain, from what i observed this past weekend at Berry, I have a strong feeling those Hightower kids won't soon forget the 48 minutes of agony they had to endure at the hands of those determined kids from Cy-Fair. I left there without a doubt in my mind that these kids are on a mission. These kids really do 'want it'...and they play like they 'want it'- REALLY BAD!

I don't anticipate seeing anything less than 4 quarters of 100% full-throttle, agonizing 'smash-mouth' football out of the Bobcats again this weekend against Pearland. It will definately be a game worth seeing.

Go Cat's GO!

5toolman
12-04-2006, 10:33 PM
The more you keep off the game film the better. Im tired of all this bickering because in my eyes throughout this season Cy Fair has taken care of business and should not be doubted. One 1 point controversial loss to Cy Falls...the closest game besides that was 28-14 win over a good Ridge team. In which Cy Fair was winning 28-0. And a 21-6 win over a good Stratford team which Cy Fair fumbled in the redzone 3 times. Cy Fair has clearly played great football all year and Pearland has done the same as of late. Hell they moved the ball on the "great" Northshore D. It will be a great game..saying Cy Fairs D isn't worth Northshore's jockstrap or whatever...it might be true...but who is in the 4th round and who isnt? Should be a great game and go CATS!

I am not sure about your comments on the game film. Are you asking me not to discuss too much of Cy Fairs' tendencies and ability to follow good coaching by working on several areas of the game, when and as the coach asks? If so, that is very hard for me because as much as I love the game, I have a greater love for the game within the game.

I understand how in your view it is hard to understand how fans of other teams could disrespect Cy Fair. After all, you have been watching their awesome run all year. But please remember, Pearland Fans and fans of all the teams left this late in Texas Football Playoffs, have many great reasons to be very confident in their beloved teams.

Some of them may be a little off base in their views. Some may like to talk a little smack to stir the pot. It is all good. It is Texas Football!

GridironJAC
12-04-2006, 10:44 PM
please remember, Pearland Fans and fans of all the teams left this late in Texas Football Playoffs, have many great reasons to be very confident in their beloved teams.

Some of them may be a little off base in their views. Some may like to talk a little smack to stir the pot. It is all good. It is Texas Football!

There ya' go...

sttirf111
12-04-2006, 10:58 PM
agree!

5toolman
12-04-2006, 11:10 PM
Being a follower & proud fan of Cy-Fair, I wasn't as impressed with the Lamar performance as i have been with other games before & since then. Even though they came away with a decisive win, They didn't appear to have played quite the game that i know they are capable of. Who knows what the reason is. Maybe they feel they didn't have to preform 100% in order to beat Lamar...but i doubt it. Those kids are SERIOUS about every single down they play & have a "one track" mind when it comes to winning. For those that didn't see the Hightower game, those poor kids in silver & green were acting pretty timid when they came out to play the second half. It was pretty evident by the way they carried themselves that they were thinking,.."Oh no..not another 24 minutes of this!!"

Perhaps Hightower just didn't anticipate playing a team that plays as 'physical' as Cy-Fair likes to play. I'm not sure. One thing is for certain, from what i observed this past weekend at Berry, I have a strong feeling those Hightower kids won't soon forget the 48 minutes of agony they had to endure at the hands of those determined kids from Cy-Fair. I left there without a doubt in my mind that these kids are on a mission. These kids really do 'want it'...and they play like they 'want it'- REALLY BAD!

I don't anticipate seeing anything less than 4 quarters of 100% full-throttle, agonizing 'smash-mouth' football out of the Bobcats again this weekend against Pearland. It will definately be a game worth seeing.

Go Cat's GO!

On the Lamar game, I really think the coaches knew they had the game totally under control, knew they had the corner anytime they wanted, and thus were content to dive up the middle to kill the clock and work on their situational passing game needed for later rounds.

In the Hightower game; it was clear Chance's practice in the passing game against Lamar paid huge dividends. Not only was he great in the short game, but he was two for three stretching the field in the vertical game with two touchdowns. And he just missed the outstretched hands of his receiver for the third bomb and the third touchdown pass.

Don't get me wrong and think that I believe Pearland will be an easy out. They have a great running game, including an awesome weapon perfect to exploit one of the few weaknesses I have noticed this year with the Cy Fair defense. While Fozzy is an awesome back, I do not believe he is the bigger problem for Cy Fair. In my view, the QB's speed on the corner is the potential Achilles Heal for the Bobcats. Pearland's QB is their fasted back, and he gets more of an advantage by faking to a deserving future D1 player.

Cy Falls stayed in the game by beating the Bobcats on the corner. And Falls won the game, willing to take a chance to beat the Bobcats around the corner. Their willingness to take such a gamble tells me two things. One they did not want no part of an OT with a team lead by Sam. And they knew they had a solid chance to beat the Bobcats on the corner.

Gladly I do have to admit, the Cats demonstrated great growth in that very area. They were awesome on the corners agaist Cy Ridge, despite Ridge's Vince Young Model QB. And Highsmith from Hightower, while apearing very fast, never stood a chance to even get to the corner, much less exploit it. But again, he had so solid threat to fake to in his back field.

Bobcat81
12-04-2006, 11:59 PM
On the Lamar game, I really think the coaches knew they had the game totally under control, knew they had the corner anytime they wanted, and thus were content to dive up the middle to kill the clock and work on their situational passing game needed for later rounds.

In the Hightower game; it was clear Chance's practice in the passing game against Lamar paid huge dividends. Not only was he great in the short game, but he was two for three stretching the field in the vertical game with two touchdowns. And he just missed the outstretched hands of his receiver for the third bomb and the third touchdown pass.

Don't get me wrong and think that I believe Pearland will be an easy out. They have a great running game, including an awesome weapon perfect to exploit one of the few weaknesses I have noticed this year with the Cy Fair defense. While Fozzy is an awesome back, I do not believe he is the bigger problem for Cy Fair. In my view, the QB's speed on the corner is the potential Achilles Heal for the Bobcats. Pearland's QB is their fasted back, and he gets more of an advantage by faking to a deserving future D1 player.

Cy Falls stayed in the game by beating the Bobcats on the corner. And Falls won the game, willing to take a chance to beat the Bobcats around the corner. Their willingness to take such a gamble tells me two things. One they did not want no part of an OT with a team lead by Sam. And they knew they had a solid chance to beat the Bobcats on the corner.

Gladly I do have to admit, the Cats demonstrated great growth in that very area. They were awesome on the corners agaist Cy Ridge, despite Ridge's Vince Young Model QB. And Highsmith from Hightower, while apearing very fast, never stood a chance to even get to the corner, much less exploit it. But again, he had so solid threat to fake to in his back field.

Yeah..that was a little evident during the Fall's game and the DE's had a little trouble in outside containment. They've obviously worked it out since they have been staying 'at home' a little longer and waitng for the play to develope. Just one of the disadvantages of 4-2 defense on an outside option with such a great inside threat like Pearland's O has. I only saw the second half of the NS-PL game but i noticed they sure like to run off-tackle. Wished i could have seen more of it though. You seem to have quite a bit of knowledge on how the game is played on the inside. Some good posts you have.

Bobcat81
12-05-2006, 12:11 AM

By the way CF-MOM...saw the "HSSN" highlights on the Stratford game tonight. Showed some down right AWESOME footage. Fall's looked very very good. Appeared to be of very good quality video too. Certainly worth checking into to see if a copy is obtainable.

CyFair'86
12-05-2006, 12:29 AM
I just looked on the Chronicle's website and they have Sam Mcguffie's season stats at 330 carries for 3005 yds and 41 td's. Congratulations Sam!!

http://www.chron.com/c/apps/sports/hs/fb/fb_results.mpl?category=class_lead&year=2006&season=2006&class=5A&submit.x=12&submit.y=13

panamamyers
12-05-2006, 01:17 AM
I don't really mean to offend.

I just try to call it like I see it. Obviously people that are fans of the teams will not want to buy into any of my opinions that are not in their favor.

I think the defenses are fairly similar in this game. Pearland's defense isn't horrible. They did a decent job of stopping North Shore after the first quarter espcially. Lamar moved a little bit on Cy-Fair(not a whole lot), but more than I would expect considering they were playing without a qb basically.

I think the offenses are quite similar. Great blocking, disciplined, they stick to their gameplan. The only difference being that Cy-Fair has Sam and a little passing to keep you honest. Pearland has Fozzy and a lil Proctor to keep you honest.

I said things that Pearland gfans got mad about it. Namely that Proctor is NO VINCE YOUNG!

Bobcat81
12-05-2006, 01:52 AM
I just looked on the Chronicle's website and they have Sam Mcguffie's season stats at 330 carries for 3005 yds and 41 td's. Congratulations Sam!!

http://www.chron.com/c/apps/sports/hs/fb/fb_results.mpl?category=class_lead&year=2006&season=2006&class=5A&submit.x=12&submit.y=13

That's kind of odd. Yesterday i checked the Boxscore for the Hightower game on Chron.com and they had him with 2997 which is a little closer to what i calculated at the game Sat. We all knew he needed only 214 yrds on the game to reach 3,000. The pressbox said that he already had 189 yrds at halftime which put him at 25 more yards to go. I counted the yards he made on the drive he played in at the begining of the 3rd qtr, of which he made 21 yrds...putting him 4 yrds shy of 3,000. After that drive they put in the second & 3rd teams and he never returned. I left the game thinking he was 4 yrds shy only to come home and read the Chronicle who stated that he was 3 yrds shy at 2,997 yrds. Now they wanna say he was over??? lol

I've noticed on quite a few ocassions..that the Chonicle is about sub-par at best for keeping accurate stats. The fact that they no longer have any competition down there (IE; the old POST) really shows why they don't rate very high in the integrity department with most Houstonian's. "Chris Baker" (AM 950 talk radio) seems to have a nickname for them that's become pretty farmiliar around town.. "The Barnicle"

If you look close on the "Team stats"...you'll also see that they conveniently robbed several defensive players on the list of "Interseptions" thruought the year (Devin Quintero) being one of those. Who knows how many times they have left out imprtant stats..not only for us, but all the other teams around town.

I've sent in two complaints to date on them this year so far..as well as another buddy of mine who's son also plays for CF.

So here we sit...wondering which is truth & which is fiction. I would think that as major an acheivement as it is for a RB to be on the verge of a 3,000 yard season, that they would keep their records under a little closer scrutiny.

So how are we to know?

Bobcat81
12-05-2006, 02:58 AM
I hope the later publication is the right one. If it is,..then Hooooo-Raaaayy for Sam!!!
What an exciting show he's put on all year! AMAZING!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Bobcat81
12-05-2006, 03:02 AM
"CONGRAT'S" to Sam McGuffie on reaching 3,000 yards rushing in a SINGLE SEASON!!!

Forward Pass
12-05-2006, 07:48 AM
Not sure if they will even have enough possesions to score 30 points among them both having predominately running games. Game should go by quickly i think. Game will be won between the tackles, which line will hold up. Fair hasn't faced a run only offense (Springs didn't count, Ridge passed fairly more than PLAnd) and although Pland faced a rushing offense in NShore they haven't seen such a strong running game with an efficient passing game to go along with it. Everyone knows what each team has to offer just gunna come down to who executes. Going to be a great game. Winner represents Reg. 3 in State Championship IMO.

Couldn't have said it any better. Halftime show may last longer than the game. If you like track meets, this is your game. Should be a great one and I agree, winner will most likely represent Reg. 3 in State Championship.

dada
12-05-2006, 09:12 AM
Well we'll be glad to have you at the game. Which side are you going to sit on?
Fair..of course

cy-fair dad
12-05-2006, 09:51 AM

We have the greatest rb in the state.your rb's can't carry his jock strap,and the best defense in the state po.7pts per game ok say yall are good you get 14 sam gets that in the first quater you've never played someone like sam so get forget the win won't/can't happen just bask in the glory of getting too be on the same field as sam.bye bye!!!!!!!

Pearland1
12-05-2006, 09:57 AM
We have the greatest rb in the state.your rb's can't carry his jock strap,and the best defense in the state po.7pts per game ok say yall are good you get 14 sam gets that in the first quater you've never played someone like sam so get forget the win won't/can't happen just bask in the glory of getting too be on the same field as sam.bye bye!!!!!!!

We were having good comments about the game until this idiot comes in here and post this at the top.

Some one make sure to post this in Pearland's locker room!!!!!!!!

CyFallsMom
12-05-2006, 10:04 AM
By the way CF-MOM...saw the "HSSN" highlights on the Stratford game tonight. Showed some down right AWESOME footage. Fall's looked very very good. Appeared to be of very good quality video too. Certainly worth checking into to see if a copy is obtainable.

Thanks - I DVR HSSL every week (and FSN too - If I can get all of Ric's hair in the DVR:p ). They didn't show much 2nd half coverage though - that's where we really took off.

cfbobcat
12-05-2006, 10:23 AM

Lets be realistic- Cy-Fair does not have the best defense in the state. They give up way too many yards and are susceptible to big plays. True, their scoring defense is pretty good, but I do not think they have played a really good offense yet. Pearland has a good offense, and they will more than likely move the ball and score on Cy-Fair. The issue will be whether Cy-Fair can score, and the answer to that will be yes. McGuffie is a great RB, that is for sure, and he will need to produce if the Bobcats are going to win. The passing game will also need to be a factor, as it has been the last couple of weeks. I predict a shoot out, with the Bobcats coming out on top ( :) Go figure). Whomever has the ball last will more than likely win the game.

dada
12-05-2006, 10:27 AM
Lets be realistic- Cy-Fair does not have the best defense in the state. They give up way too many yards and are susceptible to big plays. True, their scoring defense is pretty good, but I do not think they have played a really good offense yet. Pearland has a good offense, and they will more than likely move the ball and score on Cy-Fair. The issue will be whether Cy-Fair can score, and the answer to that will be yes. McGuffie is a great RB, that is for sure, and he will need to produce if the Bobcats are going to win. The passing game will also need to be a factor, as it has been the last couple of weeks. I predict a shoot out, with the Bobcats coming out on top ( :) Go figure). Whomever has the ball last will more than likely win the game.
No they don't have the best defense in the state....just the best in Region 3 right now....that's all that counts.

Roadrunnerbia
12-05-2006, 11:16 AM
I don't really mean to offend.
I think the defenses are fairly similar in this game. Pearland's defense isn't horrible. They did a decent job of stopping North Shore after the first quarter espcially. Lamar moved a little bit on Cy-Fair(not a whole lot), but more than I would expect considering they were playing without a qb basically.

Stopping North Shore is not much of a defense due to their lack of offense. Neither team surpassed 300 total yards! (I will give you that)

And saying you expected more from Fair's defense against Lamar is just out their . . They allowed a total of 214 yards the entire game

In the playoffs :

Fair - has not given up more than 283 yards in a game, has not given up more than 7 points in a game and is averaging around 441 yards in the playoffs

Pearland - is giving up around 322 yards a game and is allowing 22 points a game but are averaging around the same offensive yards as fair if not more

Ima Pick Fair! but thats mainly based on stats and Superman

Should be a hell of a game!

Roadrunnerbia
12-05-2006, 11:18 AM

Thats going out on a limb cy-fair dad . . lets show a lil more respect for Pearland . . they didnt make it this far on fluke!

cy-fair dad
12-05-2006, 12:41 PM
Thats going out on a limb cy-fair dad . . lets show a lil more respect for Pearland . . they didnt make it this far on fluke!

If they would show a little respect so would i,sometimes you have too stoop to there level too get your pt across,ok maybe not state just region 3 i got a little carried away,just hate too see them get there hopes up only too be crushed,do they really think since we have the best rb in the state and know how too block for him we don't know what it would take too stop one not near as good.thank you

78 Spartan
12-05-2006, 12:51 PM
No they don't have the best defense in the state....just the best in Region 3 right now....that's all that counts.

Point of reference. Stratford scored 6 on Cy Fair in week zero and that was late in the game after the outcome was already determined.

In eleven subsequent games, Stratford averaged 32 points. Against playoff teams other than Cy Fair, Stratford averaged 31 points.

Luck threw for about 260 yards on Cy Fair, which I suspect is more than anyone did all year against them, but the Bobcats just completely snuffed out our running game. We had about 70 yards rushing total and I would bet that 50 of that was on Luck scrambles after being flushed from the pocket.

The only teams to score significant points on Cy Fair were Cy Falls and Cy Creek, and both had a balanced attack, being able to move the ball through the air.

Point is, I don't think the way to beat Cy Fair's defense is to run through it. I think it's to pass over it. But we didn't have the running game (as Falls did) to put drives together to score and win.

I'd say they clearly had the best defense we saw all year, and having seen almost all the top teams in Region III, only Katy's and North Shore's were comparable.

I don't see the same track meet that many of you see. I respect Proctor and Fozzy and especially that great O-line for Pearland, but I don't see Cy Fair giving up a bunch of big plays. Pearland is going to have to move the ball, convert on third (and maybe fourth) downs and that will shorten the game. Cy Fair will do the same. I just happen to think Cy Fair has more options on offense and certainly a lot more defense than what Pearland saw last Saturday from Cinco. Just my opinion. I wish all the best of luck.

cougarjb
12-05-2006, 12:56 PM
cool, i dont deny yall havent played harder teams that was a comparison between ganious and mcguffie btw..IMO north shore was getting too much love during the season beating up on those teams, and congrats on beating cinco ranch who could barely muster a win against cy springs
Cinco and Cy-Fair played five common opponents. I have not seen Cy-Fair. But I have seen Cy-Ridge, Katy Taylor, Strait J, Alief Taylor, and Cy-Springs beacause I saw most of the Cinco games. I have seen Pearland play LaMarque, NS, Galveston Ball. Judging from the games that I saw, Pearland's team has seen more speed. LaMarque might have been the fastest team that I saw all year. Pearland beat LaMarque. Cy-Ridge could not stay on the field with LaMarque speed wise. I think this will be just like the Cinco game, very close.

panamamyers
12-05-2006, 01:35 PM
Didn't Lamar get a 90+ yard touchdown called back for penalty? I left at the half to go watch West Orange Stark. Lamar had a wide open touchdown pass on 4th down in the first half that was dropped.

Lamar had a defensive back playing QB man. Lamar's offensive line is average at best. If I'm talking about a GREAT defense, I want them to TOTALLY shut down a Lamar team that has no threat to pass really and a defensive back playing at qb. I want them to be suffocating and hitting them in the backfield every play. It just didn't happen. They still occasionally got yards on them, enough to get over 200 yards of O, even with the 90+ yard touchdown called back for penalty.

Lamar's offense isn't even on par with North Shore's to be honest. Not once you stick that defensive back in there and make him play qb for Lamar. If they had Woods playing back there, then ok, Cy-Fair held a legitimate team to 200 yards of offense. Once you have to stick a defensive back in there, a 5'6" 145 pound one with average speed.....214 is about 114 too much.

Cy-Fair has a good defense. You won't hear me say otherwise. They just aren't a suffocating defense. They aren't as good as North Shore's run defense, not by a long shot. Pearland moved on NS, albeit not THAT much, but just enough. I will be extremely surprised if Pearland doesn't run for 350+ this Saturday.

Also, to Cy-Fair dad...it's arguable that Sam is not even going to be the best running back on the field Saturday, there's no way in hell he's the best back in the state.

panamamyers
12-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Cy-Creek went for 500+ yards on the Bobcats. And don't give me the game was out of reach. Creek scored wih 4 minutes in the third quarter to cut it to a 20 point lead, which is a manageable(sp) deficit.

Creek ran ALL OVER Cy-Fair.

Who has Fair shut down in the post-season.
Katy Taylor? stinks, Elsik had them 33-0 at the half
Lamar? playing with a db at qb
Hightower? Klein Forest held them to 109 yards, negative 25 rushing

With all due respect to 78 spartan, Stratford at the early part of the year wasn't the juggernaut they became. I saw them against Spring, two weeks after the Cy-Fair game, and Stratford looked remarkably average. I can only imagine how they looked the very first week of the season.

Roadrunnerbia
12-05-2006, 01:54 PM
If they would show a little respect so would i,sometimes you have too stoop to there level too get your pt across,ok maybe not state just region 3 i got a little carried away,just hate too see them get there hopes up only too be crushed,do they really think since we have the best rb in the state and know how too block for him we don't know what it would take too stop one not near as good.thank you

I completely understand what your saying . . i myself got a little fumed by some of the statements but we have more class than that . . let the scoreboard saturday afternoon do the talking for us . . We both know our team is forreal but everyone has their opinion and we cant take that from them.

Pearland1
12-05-2006, 01:56 PM
Everthing will be in open on saturday. The Best defense in state will have to stop the run if they are going to win just like everybody before them had to. Cyfair's outside linebackers better be faster then Northshore if you have a chance to stop the run.

panamamyers
12-05-2006, 01:58 PM
Who here has said your team isn't for real?

By not bowing down to the greatness that is Cy-Fair, that automatically means someone is saying Cy-Fair isn't for real. If we don't agree that Sam is a mix of Barry Sanders, Earl Campbell and Crazy Legs Hirsh, then we are hating. If we don't think the Cy-Fair defense is a cross between the Steel Curtain, Orange Crush and Purple People Eaters, then we are saying that Cy-Fair stinks.

Cmon man, Cy-Fair is a good team.

Pearland is just as good and has every bit the shot to beat Cy-Fair as Cy-Fair does to beat Pearland.

Roadrunnerbia
12-05-2006, 02:01 PM
Didn't Lamar get a 90+ yard touchdown called back for penalty? I left at the half to go watch West Orange Stark. Lamar had a wide open touchdown pass on 4th down in the first half that was dropped.

Lamar had a defensive back playing QB man. Lamar's offensive line is average at best. If I'm talking about a GREAT defense, I want them to TOTALLY shut down a Lamar team that has no threat to pass really and a defensive back playing at qb. I want them to be suffocating and hitting them in the backfield every play. It just didn't happen. They still occasionally got yards on them, enough to get over 200 yards of O, even with the 90+ yard touchdown called back for penalty.

Lamar's offense isn't even on par with North Shore's to be honest. Not once you stick that defensive back in there and make him play qb for Lamar. If they had Woods playing back there, then ok, Cy-Fair held a legitimate team to 200 yards of offense. Once you have to stick a defensive back in there, a 5'6" 145 pound one with average speed.....214 is about 114 too much.

Cy-Fair has a good defense. You won't hear me say otherwise. They just aren't a suffocating defense. They aren't as good as North Shore's run defense, not by a long shot. Pearland moved on NS, albeit not THAT much, but just enough. I will be extremely surprised if Pearland doesn't run for 350+ this Saturday.

Also, to Cy-Fair dad...it's arguable that Sam is not even going to be the best running back on the field Saturday, there's no way in hell he's the best back in the state.

You have your opinion

But penalties are part of the game and you cant do much abou them . . . And i never said Cy-Fairs defense was better than North Shore's but Fair is still in the playoffs and Shore's not and i think that just goes to show you Fair is a more well rounded team

But if you wana talk about yards and points given up is this the same Pearland team that gave up 40 to a decent at best Clear Lake team?

And everyone has their own thoughts of Sam and from my perspective i think hes one of the best RB in the state

Roadrunnerbia
12-05-2006, 02:02 PM
Who here has said your team isn't for real?

By not bowing down to the greatness that is Cy-Fair, that automatically means someone is saying Cy-Fair isn't for real. If we don't agree that Sam is a mix of Barry Sanders, Earl Campbell and Crazy Legs Hirsh, then we are hating. If we don't think the Cy-Fair defense is a cross between the Steel Curtain, Orange Crush and Purple People Eaters, then we are saying that Cy-Fair stinks.

Cmon man, Cy-Fair is a good team.

Pearland is just as good and has every bit the shot to beat Cy-Fair as Cy-Fair does to beat Pearland.

Didnt mean it like that . . just trying to chill my boy down and that statement was not even pointed at you

dada
12-05-2006, 02:03 PM
Everthing will be in open on saturday. The Best defense in state will have to stop the run if they are going to win just like everybody before them had to. Cyfair's outside linebackers better be faster then Northshore if you have a chance to stop the run.
I don't think Fair is dumb enough to come in thinking they will STOP Pearlands rushing attack....all they have to do is slow it down a little and put pressure on the oiler D...The SAME D that gave up 33 to HOUSTON MADISON...40 to clear lake(who RAN all over them) 28 to Clear Creek and 31 to Cinco Ranch. Everyone assumes that North Shore was the measuring stick of all Houston High school defenses this year...beat North Shore and every other D will be a cakewalk.....North Shore was a hump PEARLAND needed to get over to prove something to themselves. North SHore may be the best d THEY faced this year but that dosent mean they were the best in the city.

Pearland1
12-05-2006, 02:06 PM
You have your opinion

But penalties are part of the game and you cant do much abou them . . . And i never said Cy-Fairs defense was better than North Shore's but Fair is still in the playoffs and Shore's not and i think that just goes to show you Fair is a more well rounded team

But if you wana talk about yards and points given up is this the same Pearland team that gave up 40 to a decent at best Clear Lake team?

I think Northshore would still be in playoff if Cyfair would have face them instead of us in the second round thats just my opinion. It all will come down to who will stop the run and what team has a faster defense.

Roadrunnerbia
12-05-2006, 02:06 PM
I don't think Fair is dumb enough to come in thinking they will STOP Pearlands rushing attack....all they have to do is slow it down a little and put pressure on the oiler D...The SAME D that gave up 33 to HOUSTON MADISON...40 to clear lake(who RAN all over them) 28 to Clear Creek and 31 to Cinco Ranch. Everyone assumes that North Shore was the measuring stick of all Houston High school defenses this year...beat North Shore and every other D will be a cakewalk.....North Shore was a hump PEARLAND needed to get over to prove something to themselves. North SHore may be the best d THEY faced this year but that dosent mean they were the best in the city.

Agreed . . It should be a hell of a game

Both teams have weaknesses its just going to come down to who can exploit their opponents more

Pearland1
12-05-2006, 02:07 PM

so what is the best defense in the city Cyfair? Please name me another defense better then Northshore in the Houston area?

dada
12-05-2006, 02:08 PM
I think Northshore would still be in playoff if Cyfair would have face them instead of us in the second round thats just my opinion. It all will come down to who will stop the run and what team has a faster defense.
Easy to say now....Northshore BARELY got past Baytown Lee...that GREAT D gave up 33 points to the Ganders.

dada
12-05-2006, 02:09 PM
so what is the best defense in the city Cyfair? Please name me another defense better then Northshore in the Houston area?
Katy
Westfield

Pearland1
12-05-2006, 02:11 PM
Katy
Westfield

How come you didn't say Cyfair? From reading all the post in here you are a second coming of Northshore when comes to defense. Plus you are even a Cyfair fan but I guess you are jumping on the band wagon.

Roadrunnerbia
12-05-2006, 02:16 PM
Cy-Creek went for 500+ yards on the Bobcats. And don't give me the game was out of reach. Creek scored wih 4 minutes in the third quarter to cut it to a 20 point lead, which is a manageable(sp) deficit.

Creek ran ALL OVER Cy-Fair.

Who has Fair shut down in the post-season.
Katy Taylor? stinks, Elsik had them 33-0 at the half
Lamar? playing with a db at qb
Hightower? Klein Forest held them to 109 yards, negative 25 rushing

With all due respect to 78 spartan, Stratford at the early part of the year wasn't the juggernaut they became. I saw them against Spring, two weeks after the Cy-Fair game, and Stratford looked remarkably average. I can only imagine how they looked the very first week of the season.

K then lets check Pearlands shall we

Gave up 40 points to Clear Lake a mediocre (6-4) team. Gave up 396 total yards but 359 were rushing. Held to 0 first downs in the final quarter of play!

Had 487 yards against Clear Creek (4-7) but squeaked by 34-28
who had 307 yards

Roadrunnerbia
12-05-2006, 02:18 PM
How come you didn't say Cyfair? From reading all the post in here you are a second coming of Northshore when comes to defense. Plus you are even a Cyfair fan but I guess you are jumping on the band wagon.

Dada4w even said he had no ties with either team so he's not a fan for us . . and im not sure who said Fair's defense was the best in Houston but it is argueable for one of the best in Region III

dada
12-05-2006, 02:19 PM
I've NEVER compared Cy-Fair's D to Northshore...it's the Pearland fans who say "WE did this to Northshore...we did that to North Shore so this will be easy"...Cy-Fair has a solid D that is VERY Disciplined.....they have been solid ALL year....and NO..I'm not jumping on the bandwagon....by not being a fan of EITHER team I have the luxury of seeing both teams with out Maroon tinted glasses on.

dada
12-05-2006, 02:21 PM
Dada4w even said he had no ties with either team so he's not a fan for us . . and im not sure who said Fair's defense was the best in Houston but it is argueable for one of the best in Region III
I made the statement that RIGHT NOW...they may have the best Defense in region 3....all North SHore talk is irrelevant with North shore sitting at home. Baytown lee exposed that killer mustang D...and some will say Creek exposed Fair.

Roadrunnerbia
12-05-2006, 02:23 PM
People are going to say what they want to protect their own teams

I just can't wait for that game on saturday

dada
12-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Each team has played what? 13 Games? That means 13 different teams have come in saying "We are gonna stop McGuffie". 13 Teams have said "We are gonna stop Proctor and Whitaker"....where they sucessfull? NO....the DIFFERENCE between these two teams is that ONE team's defense has failed them 3 TIMES....almost 5 if you count Madison and Cinco Ranch. WHile on the OTHER hand...you can say Fair's defense "failed" against Creek in a game that was 34-7 after 1 and 42-14 at the half. Or you can say it "FAILED" them when Cy-Falls went for two at the end of the game and intercepted a pass in the endzone as time expired in a 22-21 loss.

I'm not comparing Fair's D to Northshores..but I WILL say this is the best OFFENSE PEARLAND will face this year....sure NS's D was good...but if you read the posts on this board...their OFFENSE was a problem ALL year and never fully clicked....that's the difference between Fair and Northshore.....at the same time Pearland may be the SECOND best Offense Fair has Faced....Falls offense is top notch...and we wont count Stratford because it was Week 0....week 0 only counts win you beat a Katy, a Northshore or a Lufkin...then it REALLY means something. These are two GREAT offenses...and it will come down to who's DEFENSES will make the most plays......and THAT's why I like Fair...I'm not comparing their Defense to North Shore's defense...I'm comparing their defense to PEARLANDS defense.

panamamyers
12-05-2006, 02:56 PM
Notice how I said RUN DEFENSE.
Cy-Fair's run defense isn't on par with North Shore's. Baytown Lee PASSED on North Shore. Baytown Lee is an explosive passing team. North Shore's pass defense wasn't the greatest. NS had a GREAT run defense. This is all I'm saying as it relates to this game. North Shore's run defense is far superior to Cy-Fair's, yet Pearland could run on NS. Pearland will run on CF. Whether you choose to believe it or not has no bearing on whether it's true.

Everything I say is streamlined and has a point to it.

Who cares what Pearland's defense did against Clear Lake? My point of bringing up Cy Creek was to disprove Cy Fair's statement they have the best defense in the state. Never did anyone state that the Pearland defense was best in the state, so what's your point of bringing that up? Follow the train of logic here.

panamamyers
12-05-2006, 02:59 PM
That's like if I told an Iowa Hawkeye fan that Texas is going to whoop them, cause Texas has the best defense in the land. Hawkeye fan will point out, look what Kansas State and Texas Tech did to that defense. Then I will say, oh yeah well look at your defense!! It aint that good either! lol
That would be besides the point and hopefully I would never be that lost in the sequence of logic of the argument to say something like that.

The premise was that Cy-Fair is an inpenetrable wall on defense. It was disproven. There was never a premise asserted that claimed that Pearland was a stone wall on defense.

Roadrunnerbia
12-05-2006, 03:04 PM
Pearland will bring their rushing attack but my point of the Clear Lake game was to point out that Pearland will not be able to stop McGuffie either

I never said Fair's defense was the best . . they give up to many yards to even be considered my only point was that their are two sides to the game O and D and giving up 350+ yards doesnt give any help to your team!

All im doing is comparing both teams on all aspects

It should be a crazy rushing game

dada
12-05-2006, 03:08 PM
Notice how I said RUN DEFENSE.
Cy-Fair's run defense isn't on par with North Shore's. Baytown Lee PASSED on North Shore. Baytown Lee is an explosive passing team. North Shore's pass defense wasn't the greatest. NS had a GREAT run defense. This is all I'm saying as it relates to this game. North Shore's run defense is far superior to Cy-Fair's, yet Pearland could run on NS. Pearland will run on CF. Whether you choose to believe it or not has no bearing on whether it's true.

Everything I say is streamlined and has a point to it.

Who cares what Pearland's defense did against Clear Lake? My point of bringing up Cy Creek was to disprove Cy Fair's statement they have the best defense in the state. Never did anyone state that the Pearland defense was best in the state, so what's your point of bringing that up? Follow the train of logic here.
Ok...lets say I agree with you...WHAT is telling us Pearlands RUSH DEFENSE will stop Fair? put the shoe on the other foot?

Roadrunnerbia
12-05-2006, 03:09 PM
FInally thank you Dada4w someone got my point . . what says you will be able to stop Sam?

dada
12-05-2006, 03:10 PM
That's like if I told an Iowa Hawkeye fan that Texas is going to whoop them, cause Texas has the best defense in the land. Hawkeye fan will point out, look what Kansas State and Texas Tech did to that defense. Then I will say, oh yeah well look at your defense!! It aint that good either! lol
That would be besides the point and hopefully I would never be that lost in the sequence of logic of the argument to say something like that.

The premise was that Cy-Fair is an inpenetrable wall on defense. It was disproven. There was never a premise asserted that claimed that Pearland was a stone wall on defense.
I'm still trying to figure out who and where was it said Fairs defense was better than North SHores? I only find Pearland fans saying....If you don't have LB's like NS or you can't do this like NS...we're gonna run all over you.

dada
12-05-2006, 03:13 PM

I never said Fair had the best defense in the land(state) I said of the TEAMS LEFT......they...next to Katy were playing the best defense. Obviously...the best defense in the land(State) will make it farther in the playoffs.....Weakness will be exposed.

panamamyers
12-05-2006, 03:22 PM
ok, cy-fair dad said it

Let's assume that no one is saying that Cy-Fair's defense is the best in the state. I'm just pointing out that Pearland is going to be tough to stop.

I never said that Pearland will be able to shut down Sam either.
I'm not that confident of a Pearland win. I hope they win, but I wouldn't put money on it.

I'm just trying to break down the different matchups. I think Pearland will be able to run on Cy-Fair very effectively. The evidence then that I gavce to back that up was that they ran on a better run defense in North Shore, and that Cy-Fair was run all over by Cy-Creek(yes I know that's only one game, but it does show that it's possible). I

I'm not trying to argue that Cy-Fair stinks and Pearland will roll over them. Not at all.

I just don't personally think that they will be able to stop Pearland. Pearland might not be able to stop Cy-Fair either. Cy-Fair had some good blocking early in that Lamar game.

I'll just say this much, if the same Cy-Fair team that showed up against Lamar, shows up agaisnt Pearland, I probably would put money on the game. But, others have told me that's not the real Cy-Fair, and everyone is due a bad game here and there. Don't tell me about the stats in that game, don't tell me about the score. I saw what I saw, and that was a Lamar team with no qb basically giving Cy-Fair a pretty good game if not for a penalty that brought back a 90 yard td and a dropped 4th down td pass.

dada
12-05-2006, 03:28 PM
As a Pearland fan you will say Creek exposed Fair....But a Fair fan will say...hey it was 42-14 at halftime...we took out our starters......so it's just a matter of opinion...

dada
12-05-2006, 03:34 PM
ok, cy-fair dad said it

Let's assume that no one is saying that Cy-Fair's defense is the best in the state. I'm just pointing out that Pearland is going to be tough to stop.

I never said that Pearland will be able to shut down Sam either.
I'm not that confident of a Pearland win. I hope they win, but I wouldn't put money on it.

I'm just trying to break down the different matchups. I think Pearland will be able to run on Cy-Fair very effectively. The evidence then that I gavce to back that up was that they ran on a better run defense in North Shore, and that Cy-Fair was run all over by Cy-Creek(yes I know that's only one game, but it does show that it's possible). I

I'm not trying to argue that Cy-Fair stinks and Pearland will roll over them. Not at all.

I just don't personally think that they will be able to stop Pearland. Pearland might not be able to stop Cy-Fair either. Cy-Fair had some good blocking early in that Lamar game.

I'll just say this much, if the same Cy-Fair team that showed up against Lamar, shows up agaisnt Pearland, I probably would put money on the game. But, others have told me that's not the real Cy-Fair, and everyone is due a bad game here and there. Don't tell me about the stats in that game, don't tell me about the score. I saw what I saw, and that was a Lamar team with no qb basically giving Cy-Fair a pretty good game if not for a penalty that brought back a 90 yard td and a dropped 4th down td pass.
Oh...and penalties are a part of the game....take away a questionable PI call against Falls and Fair is still undefeated.

Oiler99
12-05-2006, 04:09 PM
ok from a pearland fan, Our defense is very shifty, one game looks outstanding next looks like jv. Or even half look at cinco game held cinco to under 80 yds in first half(which 3/4 were on td pass) but gave 300 in second.

Can not compare the lake game, first worst performance of year, second pearlands defense has never figured out a real good way to stop the option, see 04,05 lake games.

The effectiveness of the pearland run game relies on one thing the ability to run 6 or 7 plays in 10-15 different looks. If Fair can figure out coaches tendency then they will be able to shutdown the play as they know what is coming. Pearland keeps defense on heels by throwing multiple looks at them. Fozzy, Carrier, Williford, Pool will line up in multiple positions in same series.

dada
12-05-2006, 04:13 PM
ok from a pearland fan, Our defense is very shifty, one game looks outstanding next looks like jv. Or even half look at cinco game held cinco to under 80 yds in first half(which 3/4 were on td pass) but gave 300 in second.

Can not compare the lake game, first worst performance of year, second pearlands defense has never figured out a real good way to stop the option, see 04,05 lake games.

The effectiveness of the pearland run game relies on one thing the ability to run 6 or 7 plays in 10-15 different looks. If Fair can figure out coaches tendency then they will be able to shutdown the play as they know what is coming. Pearland keeps defense on heels by throwing multiple looks at them. Fozzy, Carrier, Williford, Pool will line up in multiple positions in same series.
I saw Pearland bring #9 in at QB and had Proctor and Fozzy flanked to each side....is that something you do often or was it just to throw Cinco off once they started slowing the run down?

panamamyers
12-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Again, you're not completely following the logic involved

Of course penalties are part of the game.

What if Lamar had broke 12 different 85 yard runs on Cy-Fair...but all were called back for illegal shifts. It's great for Cy-Fair they got called back, but alarming to give them up in thefirst place.

Yeah, it's great yall held them to 214 yards, but in reality.....the defense gave up a 90 yard run...it's wonderful it got called back, it's part of the game...no one is saying Lamar should have won

To give up a 90+ yard play, on a legitimate play, is bad news.
If you want to tell me it was a botched qb sneak like Pearland did to NS then fine. If the penalty was for Lamar having 24 people on the field, then fine...I can understand giving up a long play. But, to give up a 90 yard play, penalty or no penalty, to that pathetic offense, tells me something.

dada
12-05-2006, 04:36 PM

What if Lamar had broke 12 different 85 yard runs on Cy-Fair...but all were called back for illegal shifts. It's great for Cy-Fair they got called back, but alarming to give them up in thefirst place.

Yeah, it's great yall held them to 214 yards, but in reality.....the defense gave up a 90 yard run...it's wonderful it got called back, it's part of the game...no one is saying Lamar should have won

If you want to tell me it was a botched qb sneak like Pearland did to NS then fine. If the penalty was for Lamar having 24 people on the field, then fine...I can understand giving up a long play. But, to give up a 90 yard play, penalty or no penalty, to that pathetic offense, tells me something.
So....Lamar game in avaraging close to 34 a game....Fair held them to 7....but since they had a score called back because of a penalty it wasnt impressive? Did they need to hold Lamar to negative yardage and beat them 69-0. NS had a few crucial penalties against Pearland...WHAT IF? What IF NS hadn't call the timeout with 20 seconds before half time and Pearland went into the half down by 7 instead of tied.....One big play...that was just so happened to be called back because of a penalty dosent say much...for all we know the PENALTY may have been the reason he went 90 yards......come on dude...you're digging.. Pathetic Offense? When was the last time Lamar's offense was shut down like that? 3 deep in the PLAYOFFS and you've only given up 21 points is amazing...I don't care WHO the compition is...they were good enough to be in the playoffs in the first place.

dada
12-05-2006, 04:42 PM

Give up a 90 yard play that was called back is Bad News???
Come on

How about giving up a
63 yard pass for a TD for Madison
a 51 yard run for a TD for Madison
not one but TWO 52 yard td runs for Madison
a 56 yard td pass for memorial
THAT"S bad news...
I mean it's not like this is an NFL team playing against HS teams....
Fair gave up a 90 yard play in a game they won 28-7....but there D is bad news?

cy-fair dad
12-05-2006, 05:04 PM
[QUOTE=panamamyers]Notice how I said RUN DEFENSE.
Pearland will run on CF. Whether you choose to believe it or not has no bearing on whether it's true.

Ever wonder why your the only one on here that belives that!!!!

Pearland1
12-05-2006, 05:10 PM
[QUOTE=panamamyers]Notice how I said RUN DEFENSE.
Pearland will run on CF. Whether you choose to believe it or not has no bearing on whether it's true.

Ever wonder why your the only one on here that belives that!!!!

Cyfair's dad must be smoking crack because he belives Pearland will not get any rushing yards hahahahahaha. Hey Cyfair dad stop smoking that crack pipe is going to kill !!!!!!

The only way for Cyfair can stop Pearland's running game is for Proctor and Fozzy and the O-line not show up for the game.

Pearland1
12-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Eveyone has picked Pearland to get beat this the 4th time so what's new?

We will take one at a time.

cy-fair dad
12-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Game 59
Pearland (TX)
vs Cy-Fair (Cypress, TX)
at Rice U. (Houston, TX)
Saturday, December 9th, 2:00pm
[projection: Cy-Fair (Cypress, TX) 31-21]

Just what the experts at cal-prep think!!!there 87% for the season,maybe they smoke crack too lol

Pearland1
12-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Game 59
Pearland (TX)
vs Cy-Fair (Cypress, TX)
at Rice U. (Houston, TX)
Saturday, December 9th, 2:00pm
[projection: Cy-Fair (Cypress, TX) 31-21]

Just what the experts at cal-prep think!!!there 87% for the season,maybe they smoke crack too lol

dude you have some serious problems. Relax is just a high school game. I hope your team does win because I feel you may jump from the highest building in town if your team were to go down.

TellMeWeCan't08
12-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Just putting my perspective out there, if it matters, Lake ran that crazy option attack with 4 backs (if you include the QB.) That's 4 guys to cover, crash down on, knock the snot out of so they won't think about running to your side. We couldn't stop it, mainly because of how inexperienced we were at the beginning of the season. If we played Lake again, there'd be a much different outcome, same with the B-Wood game.
Also, in the Cinco game our offense kept getting penalties cause of that awesome band Cinco has. Had there not been penalties, more clock would of been consumed, and more points would have been scored.

And I'm looking forward to seeing McGuffie upclose and personal this weekend. It's going to be a great game, all you supporters of either team better be out in force.

Pearland Longhorn
12-05-2006, 06:54 PM
Just putting my perspective out there, if it matters, Lake ran that crazy option attack with 4 backs (if you include the QB.) That's 4 guys to cover, crash down on, knock the snot out of so they won't think about running to your side. We couldn't stop it, mainly because of how inexperienced we were at the beginning of the season. If we played Lake again, there'd be a much different outcome, same with the B-Wood game.
Also, in the Cinco game our offense kept getting penalties cause of that awesome band Cinco has. Had there not been penalties, more clock would of been consumed, and more points would have been scored.

And I'm looking forward to seeing McGuffie upclose and personal this weekend. It's going to be a great game, all you supporters of either team better be out in force.

Sweet signature. Does it have anything to do with the 2001 team? I know Coach Heath would love to improve on that years performance.

5toolman
12-05-2006, 07:30 PM
I made the statement that RIGHT NOW...they may have the best Defense in region 3....all North SHore talk is irrelevant with North shore sitting at home. Baytown lee exposed that killer mustang D...and some will say Creek exposed Fair.

After Sam scored 6 touchdowns in slightly over 1 quarter, perhaps Cy Fair just lost their focus. When Sam was reinserted, going quickly for #7 and jumping over the defender for #8, the shortcommings of the defense was hardly the story.

Pearland1
12-05-2006, 07:46 PM
After Sam scored 6 touchdowns in slightly over 1 quarter, perhaps Cy Fair just lost their focus. When Sam was reinserted, going quickly for #7 and jumping over the defender for #8, the shortcommings of the defense was hardly the story.

It looks like superman Mcgufie can take the entire Pearland team by himself and win the game.

5toolman
12-05-2006, 07:59 PM
It looks like superman Mcgufie can take the entire Pearland team by himself and win the game.

Must be your lack of comprehension. :D

No one from Cy Fair has said that Sam is the entire team. And no one that knows football would think one player could ever do it all.

That said, Sam is as special as they come.

Pearland1
12-05-2006, 08:02 PM
Must be your lack of comprehension. :D

No one from Cy Fair has said that Sam is the entire team. And no one that knows football would think one player could ever do it all.

That said, Sam is as special as they come.

Cyfair dad!!!!!!!!

5toolman
12-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Does anyone have the film of Sam going airborn against Hightower?

While he was impressive high jumping over defenders against Stratford, Falls and Creek I thought the leap in the Hightower game may have been his most impressive.

If anyone has it, please share!

5toolman
12-05-2006, 08:14 PM
Cyfair dad!!!!!!!!

Guess again. I don't have any kids playing football at Cy Fair, now or ever.

cy-fair dad
12-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Cyfair dad!!!!!!!!

I don't think i ever said sam was the whole team,i think said something about the defense too.

cy-fair dad
12-05-2006, 08:27 PM
dude you have some serious problems. Relax is just a high school game. I hope your team does win because I feel you may jump from the highest building in town if your team were to go down.

Just a high school football game!!!!!!!You must be from mars.

5toolman
12-05-2006, 08:36 PM
I don't think i ever said sam was the whole team,i think said something about the defense too.

Oh, now I get it. Sorry for the off base responce P1!

Bobcat81
12-05-2006, 08:42 PM

Sorry "Palmaranian"...We don't wanna buy any turnips today. Try the south end.. better luck there

Bobcat81
12-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Does anyone have the film of Sam going airborn against Hightower?

While he was impressive high jumping over defenders against Stratford, Falls and Creek I thought the leap in the Hightower game may have been his most impressive.

If anyone has it, please share!

KHOU.com (Chnl 11 News) Video highlights section

5toolman
12-05-2006, 09:10 PM
KHOU.com (Chnl 11 News) Video highlights section

Thanks Bobcat 81!

cy-fair dad
12-05-2006, 09:11 PM
to Cy-Fair dad...it's arguable that Sam is not even going to be the best running back on the field Saturday, there's no way in hell he's the best back in the state.[/QUOTE]

Surely they teach yall to read in pearland,The numbers don't lie 3000yds 41tds, fozzy's numbers can't come close to that so yall must have a new rb.are you must be on crack!!

Pearland1
12-05-2006, 09:18 PM
Hey Cyfair dad you may not no this but Fozzy is in the top 10 leading rushers of all time in Texas. Before you make yourself look stupid and cut down Mr. Whittaker you need to do more research.

CyFair'86
12-05-2006, 09:27 PM
Hey Cyfair dad you may not no this but Fozzy is in the top 10 leading rushers of all time in Texas. Before you make yourself look stupid and cut down Mr. Whittaker you need to do more research.

P1 you are correct about Mr. Whittaker, and from everything I hear he is a great RB and deserves all the praise he gets.

Sam is also a great RB, and if he has the same type of senior year as he is having this year he will also be in the top 10 rushers of all time.

Pearland1
12-05-2006, 09:30 PM
P1 you are correct about Mr. Whittaker, and from everything I hear he is a great RB and deserves all the praise he gets.

Sam is also a great RB, and if he has the same type of senior year as he is having this year he will also be in the top 10 rushers of all time.

correct he will also be there.

bobcatDL07
12-05-2006, 09:45 PM
im pretty sure if cy-creek had at least 10 oppurtunities on offense in the FIRST HALF to score on a tired Cy-fair defense that had absolutely no rest time inbetween Sams 1 play 80 yard drives pearland would have given up more than 14 points against Cy-creeks offense... only 21 points were given up on the starters in that game against cy-creek which was the #1 offense in the houston area, thats right cy-creek was the best offensive team in the houston area.. madison and clear lake ranked where?? prolly like 52nd , congrats! panama, did you ever think the illegal motion on the 90 yard play against Lamar is what caused our safety to miss the tackle by a fraction? noo u didnt ur too busy trying to dog on a team that put up a dominating performance against 3 playoff teams... i also dont see why ur trying to belittle Lamars 2nd string QB, since he was on houston chronicle and all for averaging 30+ points a game since he filled Demetrius Woods shoes,did u ever stop and look and see that Lamars offense was good but the CYFAIR DEFENSE WAS BETTER??? i dunno if you saw this stat but it shows pretty clearly that Lamar was not a pushover team..

Top 5 Scoring Offenses

Houston Lamar, 41.3 ppg
ppg North Shore, 40.0 ppg
Cy Fair, 35.7 ppg
Houston Westside, 35.2
FB Dulles, 32.8 ppg
Top 5 Scoring Defenses
North Shore, 5.2
Cy Fair, 11.9 ppg
Katy Cinco Ranch, 12.2 ppg
Houston Lamar, 13.2 ppg
Aldine MacArthur, 16.2 ppg
Top 5 Margin of Victory
North Shore, 34.8 ppg
Lamar, 28.1 ppg
Cy Fair, 23.8 ppg
Houston Westside, 18.1 ppg
Katy Cinco Ranch, 17.7 ppg

who are you to say these numbers dont rank among the best in the houston area?? to sit here and tell me Lamar was a mediocre team your pretty much calling Cinco Ranch and North Shore mediocre teams :confused: Also, the first 6 games of the season our Rush defense ranked # 5 in the state, and were #3 in the state on points allowed until we went into a defensive slump, and it pretty obvious were back in the groove... DUH everyone knows pearland will get their rushing yards, maybe because thats all they do? they had what like 60 running attempts last week and were 1-4 in passing, hmm wonder where they got those yards? with all these if, ands, and buts your adding in, i should add in, WHAT IF the ref would have called proctor out of bounds and they wouldnt have scored, that meant they woulda only had 14 points and maybe less going into the half with no momentum and so on and on and on and on.. north shore simply didnt win because they didnt have enough points to overcome pearlands amount of points.. its pretty obvious taht nobody is going to absolutely shut down the pearland dual threat, thats all they do and are pretty damn good at it - Cy-fair offense will score its points no doubt about that, its up to the defense to slow down pearland enough to keep the pressure off the offense

CFBobcatFB
12-05-2006, 09:50 PM
im pretty sure if cy-creek had at least 10 oppurtunities on offense in the FIRST HALF to score on a tired Cy-fair defense that had absolutely no rest time inbetween Sams 1 play 80 yard drives pearland would have given up more than 14 points against Cy-creeks offense... only 21 points were given up on the starters in that game against cy-creek which was the #1 offense in the houston area, thats right cy-creek was the best offensive team in the houston area.. madison and clear lake ranked where?? prolly like 52nd , congrats! panama, did you ever think the illegal motion on the 90 yard play against Lamar is what caused our safety to miss the tackle by a fraction? noo u didnt ur too busy trying to dog on a team that put up a dominating performance against 3 playoff teams... i also dont see why ur trying to belittle Lamars 2nd string QB, since he was on houston chronicle and all for averaging 30+ points a game since he filled Demetrius Woods shoes,did u ever stop and look and see that Lamars offense was good but the CYFAIR DEFENSE WAS BETTER??? i dunno if you saw this stat but it shows pretty clearly that Lamar was not a pushover team..

Top 5 Scoring Offenses

Houston Lamar, 41.3 ppg
ppg North Shore, 40.0 ppg
Cy Fair, 35.7 ppg
Houston Westside, 35.2
FB Dulles, 32.8 ppg
Top 5 Scoring Defenses
North Shore, 5.2
Cy Fair, 11.9 ppg
Katy Cinco Ranch, 12.2 ppg
Houston Lamar, 13.2 ppg
Aldine MacArthur, 16.2 ppg
Top 5 Margin of Victory
North Shore, 34.8 ppg
Lamar, 28.1 ppg
Cy Fair, 23.8 ppg
Houston Westside, 18.1 ppg
Katy Cinco Ranch, 17.7 ppg

who are you to say these numbers dont rank among the best in the houston area?? to sit here and tell me Lamar was a mediocre team your pretty much calling Cinco Ranch and North Shore mediocre teams :confused: Also, the first 6 games of the season our Rush defense ranked # 5 in the state, and were #3 in the state on points allowed until we went into a defensive slump, and it pretty obvious were back in the groove... DUH everyone knows pearland will get their rushing yards, maybe because thats all they do? they had what like 60 running attempts last week and were 1-4 in passing, hmm wonder where they got those yards? with all these if, ands, and buts your adding in, i should add in, WHAT IF the ref would have called proctor out of bounds and they wouldnt have scored, that meant they woulda only had 14 points and maybe less going into the half with no momentum and so on and on and on and on.. north shore simply didnt win because they didnt have enough points to overcome pearlands amount of points.. its pretty obvious taht nobody is going to absolutely shut down the pearland dual threat, thats all they do and are pretty damn good at it - Cy-fair offense will score its points no doubt about that, its up to the defense to slow down pearland enough to keep the pressure off the offense

Hmmm...Pretty well said if you ask me. And Cy-Fair Dad, I don't know about you lol your posts are a little out there sometimes

5toolman
12-05-2006, 10:05 PM

Sam has just started for slightly over one year in an offense that has never produced anything close to an all time top 10 rusher.

Fozzy is in a system under Tony Heath that has produced 3 of the top 10 rushers in Texas History ... IN A ROW!

Oiler99
12-05-2006, 10:24 PM
just thought i should throw out there panama isnt from pearland,sam is well respected inside the lockerroom as his face is all over the lockeroom.

bobcatDL07
12-05-2006, 10:34 PM
just thought i should throw out there panama isnt from pearland,sam is well respected inside the lockerroom as his face is all over the lockeroom.
u think hes cute huh?? yall gota little sam fetish goin on wanting Sam to watch u change ur clothes :p

DIN0wns
12-05-2006, 10:35 PM
why do these pearland threads always get to a butt load of pages every week and the game isnt till sat which is 4 days away

5toolman
12-05-2006, 10:38 PM
Fozzy is a great running back. I have had to enjoyment to watch him in person for two games and on many highlights. In the Ball High game last year when he went for over 200 on a workman like 30+ carries, leading his team to a narrow victory. In the 2nd round of this years playoffs he had a very solid game against a stout North Shore defense.

I was impressed by his feel for the game. In the games and film I have seen, he is mostly a North/South runner. Like most great backs he makes very subtle but effective moves, without giving up much speed. This allows him to get into the open field, even against faster defenders. What has really impressed my about Fozzy is his great ability to run through tackles. He runs with impressive strength, using subtle moves to throw defenders off balance while not losing speed. This allows him to run through and over defenders more than his size alone makes one believe he could.

Sam is very much like Fozzy in all the respects mentioned above. In my view, what seperates Sam from Fozzy, every other back in the State of Texas, and most likely the entire nation, is Sam's combination of unique athletic skills and his speed.

Sam's football speed places him ahead of Reggie Bush. Sam's ability to read and jump over standing defenders is better than a skill perfected by Billy Sims. In track, with focus on any particular event, Sam has demonstrated he could be amoung the top in the USA in sprints, hurdles, long jump or the triple jump, or even a combination of the above.

CyFair'86
12-05-2006, 10:39 PM

I'm sure Sam is as well respected as Fozzy and Proctor are in the Cy Fair lockerroom.

Hopefully Cy Fair's game plan to slow down(notice I said slow down not stop) Pearland's offense works better then Pearland's plan to slow down Cy Fair's..

DIN0wns
12-05-2006, 10:42 PM
Fozzy is a great running back. I have had to enjoyment to watch him in person for two games and on many highlights. In the Ball High game last year when he went for over 200 on a workman like 30+ carries, leading his team to a narrow victory. In the 2nd round of this years playoffs he had a very solid game against a stout North Shore defense.

I was impressed by his feel for the game. In the games and film I have seen, he is mostly a North/South runner. Like most great backs he makes very subtle but effective moves, without giving up much speed. This allows him to get into the open field, even against faster defenders. What has really impressed my about Fozzy is his great ability to run through tackles. He runs with impressive strength, using subtle moves to throw defenders off balance while not losing speed. This allows him to run through and over defenders more than his size alone makes one believe he could.

Sam is very much like Fozzy in all the respects mentioned above. In my view, what seperates Sam from Fozzy, every other back in the State of Texas, and most likely the entire nation, is Sam's combination of unique athletic skills and his speed.

Sam's football speed places him ahead of Reggie Bush. Sam's ability to read and jump over standing defenders is better than a skill perfected by Billy Sims. In track, with focus on any particular event, Sam has demonstrated he could be amoung the top in the USA in sprints, hurdles, long jump or the triple jump, or even a combination of the above.

After watching the game and hearing all about fozzy from earlier games in the season and playoffs i have mucho respect for him and i hope he leads the team to the state title.

CyFair'86
12-05-2006, 10:43 PM
why do these pearland threads always get to a butt load of pages every week and the game isnt till sat which is 4 days away

Have you noticed the Cy Falls/Katy thread. It has three times as many posts as this one, and three times the number of views.

DIN0wns
12-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Have you noticed the Cy Falls/Katy thread. It has three times as many posts as this one, and three times the number of views.

have u noticed that theres about a billion kajillion katy people on this forum and that cy falls mom is crazy about posting

bobcatDL07
12-05-2006, 11:01 PM
have u noticed that.....cy falls mom is crazy about posting
lolololololololol

CyFair'86
12-05-2006, 11:03 PM
have u noticed that theres about a billion kajillion katy people on this forum and that cy falls mom is crazy about posting

Nope I never noticed there were a kajillion Katy people, or Mom was a crazy poster. ;)

Bobcat81
12-05-2006, 11:21 PM

All Time huh?? Wow!

I think you must be reading the local Pearland Journal or something. Let me fill you in.

"Rushing Yards in One Season-ALL TIME LEADERS (Texas)
(1) 4,045 Kenneth Hall, Sugar Land 1953
(2) 3,701 Rodney Thomas, Groveton 1990
(3) 3,569 Wes Danaher, Calallen, 1999
(4) 3,526 Cedric Benson, Midland Lee, 1999
(5) 3,515 Robert Strait, Cuero 1987
(6) 3,458 Kenneth Hall, Sugal Land, 1952
(7) 3,339 Jacoby Jones, Bangs, 2003
(8) 3,323 Thomas Tarver, Brookshire-Royal, 1998
(9) 3,225 Buddy Hanson, Tom Bean, 2003
(10)3,160 Kenneth Hall, Sugar Land, 1951
(11)3,108 James Talton, Paul Pewitt, 1993
(12)3,089 Chris Harris, Elysian Fields, 1998
(13)3,080 Billy Sims, Hooks, 1973
(14)3,074 Anthony Byerly, Newton, 1981
(15)3,070 Bobby Mitchell, Big Sandy, 1973
(16)3,015 Jeff Spikes, Burkeville, 1993

...and so on. All the way down the list past #49, I see no Fozzy, or anyone else from Pearland. When did you have this 'Dream' P-man?

Pearland Longhorn
12-05-2006, 11:25 PM
All Time huh?? Wow!

I think you must be reading the local Pearland Journal or something. Let me fill you in.

...and so on. All the way down the list past #49, I see no Fozzy, or anyone else from Pearland. When did you have this 'Dream' P-man?

He's talking about through his career. We've got 3 guys in the top 10 all time buddy...

Pearland1
12-05-2006, 11:35 PM
All Time huh?? Wow!

you are a bigger moran then Cyfair dad. Geeez are all Cyfair people like this 2 guys? I hoping after this weekend we will not have to hear from Cyfair people anymore just like Cinco las weekend. Hurry saturday get here.

Bobcat81
12-05-2006, 11:37 PM

Can you show the stats?

I've checked every possible avenue available on "Texas" Top-10 in rushing in every form..IE; Career Rushing, One season ALL-TIME leaders, Touchdowns in one game leaders, Touchdowns-season (All Time State Leaders), Rushing Yards in ONE game (top 27), and i see no Fozzy anywhere. Care to show the numbers??

Bobcat81
12-05-2006, 11:40 PM
you are a bigger moran then Cyfair dad. Geeez are all Cyfair people like this guy?

Moran?? LOL C'mon Pee-man, We all know who drives the Turnip truck around this site. And it's not anyone from Cy-Fair

Put up the numbers or shut your trap

Pearland Longhorn
12-05-2006, 11:40 PM
Can you show the stats?

I've checked every possible avenue available on "Texas" Top-10 in rushing in every form..IE; Career Rushing, One season ALL-TIME leaders, Touchdowns in one game leaders, Touchdowns-season (All Time State Leaders), Rushing Yards in ONE game (top 27), and i see no Fozzy anywhere. Care to show the numbers??

Well we are just talking about 5a on this 5a forum so that might be where you are going wrong. It is well known around here that Anthony Evans, Brandon Roberson, and Fozzy Whitaker are all in the top 10 all time leading rushers.

Pearland1
12-05-2006, 11:45 PM
Well we are just talking about 5a on this 5a forum so that might be where you are going wrong. It is well known around here that Anthony Evans, Brandon Roberson, and Fozzy Whitaker are all in the top 10 all time leading rushers.

and Carrier will follow the footsteps next year.

Bobcat81
12-05-2006, 11:48 PM
you are a bigger moran then Cyfair dad. Geeez are all Cyfair people like this 2 guys? I hoping after this weekend we will not have to hear from Cyfair people anymore just like Cinco las weekend. Hurry saturday get here.

It's pretty obvious "Intelligence" is not your 'forte'.. You must have a monumental migrain building having to deal with all of this dubias script!

Pearland Longhorn
12-05-2006, 11:48 PM
and Carrier will follow the footsteps next year.

We can only hope. He'll need 2 big years... I heard something about a QB coming up through the system that was the real deal do you know anything about this?

Pearland1
12-05-2006, 11:54 PM
We can only hope. He'll need 2 big years... I heard something about a QB coming up through the system that was the real deal do you know anything about this?

yes he is a freshman and he is the real deal I did not see him play but people that have seen him say that he some great talent.

Pearland secondary will one of the best in Houston next year I think all 4 guys come back next year.

Pearland1
12-05-2006, 11:58 PM
Bobcat why dont you and Cyfair dad start looking for a tall building. you may need it after saturday.

BoomerSooner
12-05-2006, 11:58 PM
The reason you might not find fozzy on the top 10 is because he just surpased the mark recently. But they are not lying. He is 10th place in all time career yardage. And they are also right that 3 players from Pearland are on the all time top 10.

Bobcat81
12-06-2006, 12:00 AM

If we're dealing with "5A" ONLY, then that might change things a little. P1 stated, "the 10 ten rusher of ALL-TIME in Texas" so one would have to assume that statement for refering to "THE top 10 of ALL time"

5A ONLY numbers are going to be much lower per capita of rushers

BoomerSooner
12-06-2006, 12:01 AM
Also, stop making Cy-Fair people look like idiots. It was a well published article in the Houston Chronicle. It was also all over this message board. If you can't find it, fantastic, but don't say people from Pearland are making things up.

Pearland Longhorn
12-06-2006, 12:05 AM
If we're dealing with "5A" ONLY, then that might change things a little. P1 stated, "the 10 ten rusher of ALL-TIME in Texas" so one would have to assume that statement for refering to "THE top 10 of ALL time"

5A ONLY numbers are going to be much lower per capita of rushers

I thought we were to always assume that records discussed here are of the 5a variety. It IS 5atexasfootball.com

Bobcat81
12-06-2006, 12:05 AM
The reason you might not find fozzy on the top 10 is because he just surpased the mark recently. But they are not lying. He is 10th place in all time career yardage. And they are also right that 3 players from Pearland are on the all time top 10.

Could be then. My records (printed 4 days ago) only reflect that of rushers up to and including the 2006 season which is;

(10) David Overstreet, Big Sandy, 1973-76 (7,582 yrds)

Pearland Longhorn
12-06-2006, 12:08 AM
Could be then. My records (printed 4 days ago) only reflect that of rushers up to and including the 2006 season which is;

(10) David Overstreet, Big Sandy, 1973-76 (7,582 yrds)

That was not 5a. 5a started in 1980.

Pearland1
12-06-2006, 12:13 AM
That was not 5a. 5a started in 1980.

some one posted the list somewere in this forum but I cant remember what thread.

Bobcat81
12-06-2006, 12:18 AM

Ok.. I'll stand corrected then. The list i was reading from didn't have 5A only.. so, my apologies to all... sorry about that. :p

Bobcat81
12-06-2006, 12:33 AM
What are the 5A 'ONLY' ALL-TIME rushing records in Texas?? (Top 10)