PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Question

CedarHillDad
11-30-2006, 11:33 AM
Let's say that the Weather turned horrendous and travel became impossible for this weekend for the DFW teams to go to West Texas. How would that play out? Could they reschedule for Monday? do they have to forfeit? It is not going to happen but I was asked the question and had no real answer.

dragonsdaddy
11-30-2006, 11:42 AM
Let's say that the Weather turned horrendous and travel became impossible for this weekend for the DFW teams to go to West Texas. How would that play out? Could they reschedule for Monday? do they have to forfeit? It is not going to happen but I was asked the question and had no real answer.
that's a good question. i'm sure the uil has rules for just such as this. i know baseball games are moved willy-nilly in the po's to get them done, whereever. i'm betting the same would be done for fb too.

CedarHillDad
11-30-2006, 11:45 AM
that's a good question. i'm sure the uil has rules for just such as this. i know baseball games are moved willy-nilly in the po's to get them done, whereever. i'm betting the same would be done for fb too.
so are you saying the game would be moved to another locale or moved to monday? or either?

I was thinking a monday game would be a logistical nightmare for football teams.

dragonsdaddy
11-30-2006, 11:48 AM
so are you saying the game would be moved to another locale or moved to monday? or either?

I was thinking a monday game would be a logistical nightmare for football teams.
sunday's are verboten, so it'd have to be monday, or another site. has this ever come up? i remember a state title game in 83 which had some really horrendous weather. it certainly could happen, if it hasn't already.

CedarHillDad
11-30-2006, 11:50 AM
sunday's are verboten, so it'd have to be monday, or another site. has this ever come up? i remember a state title game in 83 which had some really horrendous weather. it certainly could happen, if it hasn't already.

I knew sunday's were out. I do not know if this has ever come up or not, my wife asked me and I just fumbled with an answer. I basically said that it can't happen. But of course that was not good enough so I am looking for guidance.

youtellatale
11-30-2006, 12:57 PM
Well guys, it seems as though if the DFW teams were unable to travel out to WT because of weather...the WT teams would be unable to travel also...unless we have some awesome technology that i am not aware of. So my guess would be a Monday game at a neutral site, yes this is possible and the winning team could play again on saturday, 5 days rest is all that is needed for UIL play.

bullrock
11-30-2006, 01:02 PM
And if it couldn't be played on Monday does that mean they don't play the next game until the following Monday? This could really get ugly. The only way they call a game is because of lightening. The UIL doesn't care how many fans show up. 80% of the tickets that are going to be sold are already gone and they have their money so the teams will show up or forfiet.

drgnbkr
11-30-2006, 01:04 PM
And if it couldn't be played on Monday does that mean they don't play the next game until the following Monday? This could really get ugly. The only way they call a game is because of lightening. The UIL doesn't care how many fans show up. 80% of the tickets that are going to be sold are already gone and they have their money so the teams will show up or forfiet.
I think your right Bull..I think they just play the game unless lightnening causes delays..finish it up when the lightening stops.

dragonsdaddy
11-30-2006, 01:16 PM
I think your right Bull..I think they just play the game unless lightnening causes delays..finish it up when the lightening stops.
and change venues as deemed necessary to complete the contest too.

texalaska
11-30-2006, 04:20 PM
I just hope everyone stays safe.

Thank goodness for Reliant. It's not bad here - just cold. [42 right now]

Favpack
11-30-2006, 04:39 PM
Is it due to religion or the Dallas Cowboys?

lonny23
11-30-2006, 04:55 PM
Mt. Pleasant played a playoff game in a blizzard in Greenville one time. I think teams just need to leave early to get to the games and play on.

Baseball has rainouts and they move games at the last minute.

lonny23
11-30-2006, 04:56 PM
Is it due to religion or the Dallas Cowboys?
The Cowboys are a religion!:D

I'm pretty sure it's because people go to church on Sunday.

dragonsdaddy
11-30-2006, 05:38 PM
The Cowboys are a religion!:D

I'm pretty sure it's because people go to church on Sunday.
it's a uil rule regardless.

CedarHillDad
11-30-2006, 06:09 PM
thx for the guidance guys!