PDA

View Full Version : My 1,000 word essay...

BeauxGeezy
11-26-2006, 03:21 PM
Just letting DB06 know that I still intend on writing this soon.
I have been busy yesterday and today doing housework and yardwork. It's amazing how that stuff piles up during football season. Wonder why??

Anyway, I will try to knock it out tonight. I will post it on this thread.
Hook 'em.

slorch
11-26-2006, 05:19 PM
I have been busy yesterday and today doing housework and yardwork. It's amazing how that stuff piles up during football season. Wonder why??

Hook 'em.
housework= sweeping out empty beer bottles and broken lamp...:D

DragonBand06
11-26-2006, 05:42 PM

Hook 'em.
Don't worry, I didn't think you'd back out. I just thought you were drinking away your problems...;) :D

BeauxGeezy
11-26-2006, 05:47 PM
housework= sweeping out empty beer bottles and broken lamp...:D

close.
Sweeping up pieces of a monitor that I pushed off my bar and halfway across the room. It was in approx. 500 pieces. And icing down my hand after beating it against the side of the house repeatedly.

BeauxGeezy
11-27-2006, 12:11 AM
Why I wish I were a Fightin’ Texas Aggie

There are many reasons why one would wish to be a Fightin’ Texas Aggie. I would have to list PRIDE as the thing that sticks out in my mind the most. Throughout my life I have met many Texas Aggies. The one constant with each and every one of them, is PRIDE. They cannot pinpoint a specific reason why they are so proud. They mention the traditions, the history, and the excellent education they received. But they all say the real reason they are so proud is not something that can be explained to a non-Aggie. I happen to appreciate that and understand that sentiment wholeheartedly.

I was not fortunate enough to attend a school with such storied traditions. The Bonfire, The Elephant Walk, Midnight Yell and many, many more. No my alma mater focused mainly on trips to the Jolly Fox and scaring off newcomers with stories of “Ol’ Sparky” making the lights go dim when they killed someone over at Ellis Unit (not true by the way). The crowds at our football games were mostly comprised of the player’s parents, and a spattering of true college football fans.
Texas A&M has a huge student body that supports its football team in great numbers. That is something I wish I could have been a part of. Indeed, something that I could have enjoyed and had memories to tell my Grandkids about years from now. But alas, I don’t. I shall only have stories of drunken coeds puking from the top seats of Bowers Stadium.

I could have stories of the 12th Man swaying back and forth and screaming those proud yells. I would wear my maroon and white proud and true. I would have something that no one could ever take away from me. An education from one the finest institutes of learning in the entire country.
I would be a part of the traditions of thousands of Fightin’ Texas Aggies who have gone before me. If I were a Fightin’ Texas Aggie I could walk with my head held high all the days of my life.
And on this the last weekend of November 2006 I could tell all of Longhorns. ………….We came to Austin and beat the hell outta’ t.u.

Fightin’ Texas Aggie is a title that I do not possess. Although I wish with all of my heart I had been blessed enough to be one. I am not and I never will be. However, I can go through life with the same courage and pride that they do. I can hold on to traditions and honor those who worked so hard to build and protect them. I can be a man of my word and have integrity. God bless the Fightin’ Texas Aggies. Give ‘em hell and Gig ‘Em!

I know it’s not 1,000 words DB06.(it’s 510) I wasn’t an English major as you can plainly see. But hey I tried….
If it’s not good enough let me know and I will add more to it.
The funny part is...
When I made the bet I initially typed 500...and got cocky and changed it to 1000. haha

GoOwls
11-27-2006, 12:22 AM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

BWA.....BWA.....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Wide, that's the funniest thing I ever read. That'll teach you to make bets like that. How many pounds of puke did you wretch up from the pits pf your bowels from having to write that stuff?

KT's.....please close this thread now and send it to the Hall of Fame to preserve it for all to see for eternity.

Wide, Wide, Wide,.........

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! :D

Firebird
11-27-2006, 12:24 AM

There are many reasons why one would wish to be a Fightin’ Texas Aggie. I would have to list PRIDE as the thing that sticks out in my mind the most. Throughout my life I have met many Texas Aggies. The one constant with each and every one of them, is PRIDE. They cannot pinpoint a specific reason why they are so proud. They mention the traditions, the history, and the excellent education they received. But they all say the real reason they are so proud is not something that can be explained to a non-Aggie. I happen to appreciate that and understand that sentiment wholeheartedly.

I was not fortunate enough to attend a school with such storied traditions. The Bonfire, The Elephant Walk, Midnight Yell and many, many more. No my alma mater focused mainly on trips to the Jolly Fox and scaring off newcomers with stories of “Ol’ Sparky” making the lights go dim when they killed someone over at Ellis Unit (not true by the way). The crowds at our football games were mostly comprised of the player’s parents, and a spattering of true college football fans.
Texas A&M has a huge student body that supports its football team in great numbers. That is something I wish I could have been a part of. Indeed, something that I could have enjoyed and had memories to tell my Grandkids about years from now. But alas, I don’t. I shall only have stories of drunken coeds puking from the top seats of Bowers Stadium.

I could have stories of the 12th Man swaying back and forth and screaming those proud yells. I would wear my maroon and white proud and true. I would have something that no one could ever take away from me. An education from one the finest institutes of learning in the entire country.
I would be a part of the traditions of thousands of Fightin’ Texas Aggies who have gone before me. If I were a Fightin’ Texas Aggie I could walk with my head held high all the days of my life.
And on this the last weekend of November 2006 I could tell all of Longhorns. ………….We came to Austin and beat the hell outta’ t.u.

Fightin’ Texas Aggie is a title that I do not possess. Although I wish with all of my heart I had been blessed enough to be one. I am not and I never will be. However, I can go through life with the same courage and pride that they do. I can hold on to traditions and honor those who worked so hard to build and protect them. I can be a man of my word and have integrity. God bless the Fightin’ Texas Aggies. Give ‘em hell and Gig ‘Em!

I know it’s not 1,000 words DB06.(it’s 510) I wasn’t an English major as you can plainly see. But hey I tried….
The funny part is...
When I made the bet I initially typed 500...and got cocky and changed it to 1000. haha

I feel your pain Beaux, I really do. Good man for paying up on the bet. This one has to go into the Hall.

BeauxGeezy
11-27-2006, 12:24 AM
yeah,yeah,yeah...shut up old man!

I did throw up a few times...
And I even went off on a classic tirade in the middle of it. I had to edit out that part.

DragonBand06
11-27-2006, 01:22 AM
I applaud you, sir. Certainly a man of your word. And even though it was 510 words, the content made up for it! I'm just glad we won cause I was only to number 10 on my list of "50 Reasons why not to make a bet with Wideman"! :D

BeauxGeezy
11-27-2006, 01:33 AM
I applaud you, sir. Certainly a man of your word. And even though it was 510 words, the content made up for it! I'm just glad we won cause I was only to number 10 on my list of "50 Reasons why not to make a bet with Wideman"! :D

As long as you're satisfied...
That wasn't easy dude.

DragonBand06
11-27-2006, 01:35 AM
As long as you're satisfied...
That wasn't easy dude.
You've got to know that I've got it saved in a MS Word file on my comp though...:D

BeauxGeezy
11-27-2006, 01:40 AM
You've got to know that I've got it saved in a MS Word file on my comp though...:D

You've got to know that anytime you post that in the future without the disclaimer reading "Wide posted this after he lost a bet".......I will sue.

lonny23
11-27-2006, 01:41 AM
You might never admit it, but I think there was a little truth to what you wrote. You didn't go too far off the deep end to have to start lying to get to the 1000 words.

BAMF cowboy
11-27-2006, 01:43 AM

The funny part is...

just somehow incorporate the words to the fight song...that might get you another 100

DragonBand06
11-27-2006, 01:49 AM
You've got to know that anytime you post that in the future without the disclaimer reading "Wide posted this after he lost a bet".......I will sue.
Oh, it's not for blackmail or anything childish like that... just to look back on in a couple of years after we have a bad game against Texas and I can say "Ahhh, those were the days...." :D ;)

Favpack
11-27-2006, 07:58 AM
I think Wide/B-G's keyboard was imploding - 500 words will have to do - well done!

backthepack
11-27-2006, 09:31 AM
Wide said AGGIE...oh what a glorious day.

Respect level...UP!

Miss Kitty
11-27-2006, 10:16 AM
Wide,

I have had to pay-up on many bets over the years because of the A&M vs. UT game. FINALLY, not this year. FINALLY, I won't have UT ornaments on my Christmas tree among other things. But I respect your honoring your bet. You are a good man for doing that.

Nice writing by the way. :)

SV61
11-27-2006, 10:51 AM
Good piece, Sir. Good piece indeed.

I have seen your work for some time, and knew that you had it in you. I know, I know, in this case, not the subject matter you care to write about, but a good essay just the same.

I am still pretty perturbed, though. I mean, your Avatar is better than mine!

:eek:

You get alllll the good stuff.

Sorry about LP. I would have not thunk it, but I haven't been able to follow all the HS this year like before. I know that LP had big aspirations this year. Gotta play them all, though. Just ask SV, AMC, etc.

Understand your comment about "your Football season being over", for I felt that way a few weeks ago. I have kinda "gotten over it", but it isn't the same when your fav team falls. I do understand.

Maybe we can put some stock in the Cowboys. Romo has to have an off week. I don't think that he can be almost perfect the rest of the year. Course, they said that about Big Ben @ Pittsburgh a few years ago too, and they won the Superbowl. But I also think that Romo's off week, doesn't make the boys any worse than having Bledsoe in there.

Again, man, good work on the essay!

Tag.

RocklandDragon
11-27-2006, 01:39 PM
There's always next year for the Longhorns.

:D

Odd year...

Tech beats A&M :D
UT gets by Tech :mad:
A&M upsets Texas :eek:

And everybody beat Baylor (sorry, Bears fans). :p

lonny23
11-27-2006, 03:15 PM
There's always next year for the Longhorns.

:D

Odd year...

Tech beats A&M :D
UT gets by Tech
A&M upsets Texas

And everybody beat Baylor (sorry, Bears fans). :p
It's an odd year when A&M beats Tech!:p OK, it only happens in even years, but it's odd when it happens!:D

BDB
11-27-2006, 06:53 PM
wide..........i.......i feel empty after reading that.......white is black, up is down.....i.......i need some air.

dragonsdaddy
11-27-2006, 07:22 PM

The funny part is...
so it was either the barfing coeds and the sore, but beer salved fist, or a crotch-grabbing, maggie-kissing, jack-booted thug with a cheap haircut, huh? i think maybe you won that deal.

slorch
11-27-2006, 07:34 PM
I feel for ya, Wide. You are a man of both courage and honor. You walked the treacherous path of aggy for those moments of prose. let's hope the IQ level comes back up( at least with alcohol, you know the ole liver is killing about one beer/ shot per hour, with aggy, who knows how long it could be.

Thoughts and prayers for a brave soul...;)

garlandowl08
11-27-2006, 07:38 PM
Wide, I'm an Aggie and even I felt a little dirty reading that knowing it came from you. I don't disagree with anything you typed, but those 510 words scare me coming from you.