PDA

View Full Version : Hey, where are all the Valley fans

sldragondad
11-22-2006, 08:08 PM
Sure is quiet from all the valley folks. Whats going on down there??

No smack talking or anything.

Hey what almost happened to your almighty Los Fresnos team, they only won by 7 to a unrated team in the first round. You sure they got what it take to get past reqion???

RR08
11-22-2006, 08:09 PM

Hey what almost happened the almighty Los Fresnos, they only won by 7 to a unrated team in the first round. You sure they got what it take to get past reqion???

Not if Reagan has anything to say about it. Oh let it begin:D

sldragondad
11-22-2006, 08:12 PM
Come to think of it. I don't think they have the internet yet.:D

caveman
11-22-2006, 08:14 PM

Hey what almost happened your almighty Los Fresnos team, they only won by 7 to a unrated team in the first round. You sure they got what it take to get past reqion???
Good call SLD.
Why are you guys keeping South Texas football a secret all to yourselves? That is just not right, man.:(

TEAMFALCON
11-22-2006, 08:16 PM
Like a cat toying with a mouse before it eats it.

PSJA had a "weavas" game plan, and it almost worked.

LF had 2 20 pt leads at 2 different times.

I think it was this: PSJA was playing to WIN, Los Fresnos was playing to get by.

PSJA played a darn tough game.

Here in LF, I just spent 15 hours in line to get tickets. 400 people camped out to get a ticket to buy a ticket.

We tried to tough it out in the Bago. Check out some sample pics of last night: http://www.teamfalcon.net/2006LaJoyaPlayoff.html

TEAMFALCON
11-22-2006, 08:19 PM
"Come to think of it. I don't think they have the internet"

No need for that...it's already tough enough struggling without the professional schools that the rest of North Texas takes for granted, let's keep the socio-economic jokes to the ignorant cavemen.

Thanks.

RR08
11-22-2006, 08:24 PM
Ok for an honest assesment. I havent seen any of the valley teams. Reagan however is playing the best in the short history its had a program. If we keep our heads right and take it one game at a time no one in the region will beat us. Wright the O-line the special teams. Its all to much and its all clicking

sldragondad
11-22-2006, 08:33 PM

No need for that...it's already tough enough struggling without the professional schools that the rest of North Texas takes for granted, let's keep the socio-economic jokes to the ignorant cavemen.

Thanks.

Ouch!! Sorry. No harm intended. I'm just jealous I went to Olmito High:D

TEAMFALCON
11-22-2006, 08:45 PM
Olmito High? No such HS.

Just to give you info on LF.

LF had the #1 Offense in the RGV (from 1A-5A)

11 Game Total Falcon Offense breakdown:

Sprigner:2869 yards 34 passing TD's AND 11 rushing TD's (6 int)

Rushing Offense: 1999 yards

Total: 4848 yards

From their 11-0 Record, 7 teams made the 2006 playoff teams.

I know, I know, before you start talking about valley comp, etc., I'm just providing info.

RR08
11-22-2006, 08:48 PM
Wow thats a pretty potent offense! Westlake V LF should be 74-70!:D Of course if that matchup was to happen.

sldragondad
11-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Olmito High? No such HS.

I know, I know, before you start talking about valley comp, etc., I'm just providing info.

Yea I know no Olmito High. Hanna, before it was Hanna.

Offensve looks very balanced pass/run. Do you run the spread?

TEAMFALCON
11-22-2006, 08:54 PM
Yeap. The spread...

United also runs it..and runs it well.

sldragondad
11-22-2006, 08:56 PM
United? Larado United?

TEAMFALCON
11-22-2006, 09:00 PM
Yeah, they play another RGV team this week in the Alamodome..

The winner of United and Weslaco(RGV) (gasp..two border towns)..will play with winner of Regan and O'conner.

The winner of Los Fresnos (RGV) and La Joya(RGV), plays the winner of Westlake and Jay.

RR08
11-22-2006, 09:08 PM
Yeah, they play another RGV team this week in the Alamodome..

The winner of United and Weslaco(RGV) (gasp..two border towns)..will play with winner of Regan and O'conner.

The winner of Los Fresnos (RGV) and La Joya(RGV), plays the winner of Westlake and Jay.

Now Im not going to take shots at the valley just becuase but these two teams played two teams from the valley as did LF and LJ. Ill withold my decison on the valley until they play someone who isnt from there.

TEAMFALCON
11-22-2006, 09:47 PM
I understand..

Then again, have SA team only played SA area teams??

RR08
11-22-2006, 10:00 PM
I understand..

Then again, have SA team only played SA area teams??

No we have travelled some but that is not my point. The Valley is a historicly weak football region. Year after year they get bounced by SA area teams. So until I see otherwise Id take Reagan or SV or Churchill or Mac or Judson or Madison against any team down there

BeauxGeezy
11-22-2006, 11:06 PM
Olmito High? No such HS.

Bless his heart y'all.

youtellatale
11-22-2006, 11:22 PM
I think it's only a matter of time before a Valley team wins state. Yes, i can only wait to hear the cries for foul on this statement, but I honestly believe it. Sometime, somehow, a team from the Valley will win a state title. Could be a favorable draw, an extremely talented RB or QB, something somehow will propel a team from down south to the title. Just a matter of time.

Winston
11-22-2006, 11:24 PM
That's the second time I've seen you make the same so-called "joke" on this board about Valley folks not having the internet. Hey maybe it's not time just yet to quit the day job.

Winston
11-22-2006, 11:27 PM
I think it's only a matter of time before a Valley team wins state. Yes, i can only wait to hear the cries for foul on this statement, but I honestly believe it. Sometime, somehow, a team from the Valley will win a state title.
They have, in fact. 2 of the last 3 years - in futbol, not football.

RR08
11-23-2006, 12:10 AM
Do you think this is the Valley team that breaks the mold? Do you think this is the one to shake the stereotypes? Im asking an honest question.

mojotrain
11-23-2006, 12:29 AM
I think it's only a matter of time before a Valley team wins state. Yes, i can only wait to hear the cries for foul on this statement, but I honestly believe it. Sometime, somehow, a team from the Valley will win a state title. Could be a favorable draw, an extremely talented RB or QB, something somehow will propel a team from down south to the title. Just a matter of time.
youtellatale, What do you think will happen in the valley to make any of their teams win a state championship. El Paso is ahead of the valley and you won't see it happen from El Paso in a matter of time, if ever.

GoOwls
11-23-2006, 12:35 AM
This isn't smack, JMHO, but I think 3A Celina would win a 5A Valley title, from what I've seen.

BeauxGeezy
11-23-2006, 12:55 AM
This isn't smack, JMHO, but I think 3A Celina would win a 5A Valley title, from what I've seen.

That's funny...yet pretty close to the truth.

RocklandDragon
11-23-2006, 01:20 AM
In 1961, the Donna Redskins won the 2A State Title in American Football.

Pharr-San Juan-Alamo went to the 3A state title game in the sixties twice.

:cool:

BeauxGeezy
11-23-2006, 01:28 AM

Didn't Dave Campbell have Donna ranked #1 a few years ago?
How'd that work out for 'em?

RocklandDragon
11-23-2006, 01:54 AM

Clearly you jest, for no major publication would actually pick a Valley team as a top 5 team, much less a preseason #1...

...your joking right...

...no?

:confused:

catman
11-23-2006, 05:28 AM

I believe the magazine had them ranked at #10. That was the year that Donna was playing in the HEB Classic at the Alamodome during week 0. DC seems to quite often overrate teams playing in the Classic for attendance purposes. I was there and Donna represented the Valley well. They played a strong defensive game and beat a good Lubbock Monterey team.

caveman
11-23-2006, 08:59 AM

Thanks.
Remember caveman are people too.
SV loss kind of opens the door, doesn't it?;)

TEAMFALCON
11-23-2006, 10:45 AM
My apologies Caveman, this last part of my post was not intended for you at all, "let's keep the socio-economic jokes to the ignorant cavemen."

I was trying to make a point and didn't notice that your screen name was 'caveman'.

TEAMFALCON
11-23-2006, 10:47 AM
A state champion in 5A from the Valley?

The last time that could have possibly happened was in 1991 with Koy Detmer leading the mission eagles.

We have a loooong way to go.

caveman
11-23-2006, 10:50 AM
My apologies Caveman, this last part of my post was not intended for you at all, "let's keep the socio-economic jokes to the ignorant cavemen."

I was trying to make a point and didn't notice that your screen name was 'caveman'.
We are more alike than you know. Some folks confuse Quality of life issues with Quanitity of life stuff.
It is easy to tell the difference.:)

mojotrain
11-24-2006, 12:02 PM

O yeah. seems like only yesterday!:)

RGVBadBoy
11-24-2006, 05:05 PM
Laredo United is a VERY GOOD TEAM...

LosFresnos and Weslaco are too....

Tonight I'll be watching the BEST RB IN SOUTH TEXAS Bradly Stephens play against 11-0 PSJA North Raiders. The SAME Raiders that lost to #7 Ranked SA O'Connor by 7pts in 2003...

The RGV will be in SA soon, i just hope we REPRESENT better than the past...

CKE
11-24-2006, 05:06 PM

Tonight I'll be watching the BEST RB IN SOUTH TEXAS Bradly Stephens play against 11-0 PSJA North Raiders. The SAME Raiders that lost to #7 Ranked SA O'Connor in 2003...

Now is the year with all the big team upsets that have happened in SA. Tho I still dont think it will help very much.

RGVBadBoy
11-24-2006, 05:09 PM
I'm pretty sure that Laredo United will beat Weslaco, and IF they do, i think United can BEAT MOST of the SA schools....

They are MUCH improved from last season when they lost to SmithsonValley 50-20, HOWEVER they put the MOST Pts on SV last season...all in the 1st half...

The OTHER team that has a real chance is LosFresnos, they have a pretty nice offensive attack...

McAllen Memorial has Bradly Stephens, a RB that could START FOR ANY TEAM in the State 5'11 200 4.3 40

RR08
11-24-2006, 05:15 PM

Tonight I'll be watching the BEST RB IN SOUTH TEXAS Bradly Stephens play against 11-0 PSJA North Raiders. The SAME Raiders that lost to #7 Ranked SA O'Connor by 7pts in 2003...

You mispelled his name its Marcus Wright and he plays for SA Reagan/. The valley has no shot this year. Watch for Mac and Reagan to win there respective regions. The 26-5 will be salveged

CKE
11-24-2006, 05:24 PM
You mispelled his name its Marcus Wright and he plays for SA Reagan/. The valley has no shot this year. Watch for Mac and Reagan to win there respective regions. The 26-5 will be salveged

Im a big SA homer when it comes to the valley and it makes me laugh when valley people claim a team being better than a SA team but Marcus is nothing compared to Bradly and that is one of the most unbiased statements you will find on this board it is just a fact.

CKE
11-24-2006, 05:25 PM

Reagan will fall to westlake but I see mac beating San Marcos winning and playing Katy and who knows how that game will play out.

SArattler08
11-24-2006, 06:04 PM

i kno that the playoff history for the valley isnt a good one. But i was saw the Los Fresnos v Weslaco game and the offensive and defensive line are HUGE!:eek: They have size and strength. That was the valleys problem in the past, THEY HAD NO O or D line. I think they can compete with the other teams i region 4. If SA reagan loses tomorrow(which the won't) then i think the falcons will go further than regional semi's.

CKE
11-24-2006, 06:06 PM
i kno that the playoff history for the valley isnt a good one. But i was saw the Los Fresnos v Weslaco game and the offensive and defensive line are HUGE!:eek: They have size and strength. That was the valleys problem in the past, THEY HAD NO O or D line. I think they can compete with the other teams i region 4. If SA reagan loses tomorrow(which the won't) then i think the falcons will go further than regional semi's.

They always have size you sure you know what you are talking about

SArattler08
11-24-2006, 06:13 PM
not true. i think it was 2004 when the San Benito Greyhounds played Smithson Valley in the region semi's and the Greyhounds were short and fat (as are most valley teams). nothing compared to SV's line. The Falcons have, like i said, size and strength this year.

CKE
11-24-2006, 06:24 PM
not true. i think it was 2004 when the San Benito Greyhounds played Smithson Valley in the region semi's and the Greyhounds were short and fat (as are most valley teams). nothing compared to SV's line. The Falcons have, like i said, size and strength this year.

lol dude I was on The SV team that year and they had one of the biggest lines I have seen There left Guard was 6'3 280 pounds and quite good. You say nothing compared to the SV line yet our biggest D lineman was 215.

SArattler08
11-24-2006, 06:32 PM
lol dude I was on The SV team that year and they had one of the biggest lines I have seen There left Guard was 6'3 280 pounds and quite good. You say nothing compared to the SV line yet our biggest D lineman was 215.

touché

CKE
11-24-2006, 06:34 PM
touché

lol but the lack of talent and technique makes up for there size in the valley

SArattler08
11-24-2006, 06:37 PM
lol but the lack of talent and technique makes up for there size in the valley

ill agree with you there. its just that i hate when people dis the valley teams. :mad:

CKE
11-24-2006, 07:00 PM
ill agree with you there. its just that i hate when people dis the valley teams. :mad:

Well they do have ne of the best backs in the state and he has got a lot of credit

RR08
11-24-2006, 10:30 PM

Gus just becuase your from Harlingen doesnt mean you have to defend them:p

dragonsfan
11-24-2006, 11:08 PM

No need to make fun of the RGV. Those kids have heart and a lot have struggles our kids in SLC wouldn't even believe.

TEAMFALCON
11-24-2006, 11:12 PM
Like a cat playing with a mouse before it eats it.

So was tonights game.

Where is the LF/Westlake game going to be at?

RGVBadBoy
11-25-2006, 02:17 AM
LosFresnos is pretty good this season, but they'll get BLOWN out be Weslake, props to LosFresnos on a 12-0 season....

McAllen Memorial is pretty decent, but they're OLine cant block for Bradly Stephens AT ALL, he does probably 90% of it on his own... Bradly will get SHUT DOWN but it wont be because he's NOT good, it'll be because he wont get blocks

HarlingenSouth, is okay, Jim Helms a heck of a coach and will have them fired up but they'll lose BADLY

I think Laredo United will beat Weslaco and I REALLY BELIEVE that United can hang with MOST SA teams.... but we'll see

caveman
11-25-2006, 09:57 AM
No need to make fun of the RGV. Those kids have heart and a lot have struggles our kids in SLC wouldn't even believe.
And they play 5a football with heart.;)

mustangfan05
11-27-2006, 08:09 PM
Right here.

Wonderful thing about the valley, once the playoffs start, we could care less what school you're from, a playoff valley team gets the support of everyone, and I mean everyone. I hear talk of La Joya fans popping into McAllen Memorial Stadium.

I'm not going to be dumb and say that we're going to win, cause truthfully, I am not expecting to. I know MacArthur is among the best in the state.

But hey, they play the game for a reason.

And Cinderella's bound to have her day sometime.

Best of luck to the Mustangs. Same goes to the Falcons, Yellowjackets, Cardinals, and Hawks.

rattlerfan
11-27-2006, 08:59 PM
Right here.

Wonderful thing about the valley, once the playoffs start, we could care less what school you're from, a playoff valley team gets the support of everyone, and I mean everyone. I hear talk of La Joya fans popping into McAllen Memorial Stadium.

I'm not going to be dumb and say that we're going to win, cause truthfully, I am not expecting to. I know MacArthur is among the best in the state.

But hey, they play the game for a reason.

And Cinderella's bound to have her day sometime.

Best of luck to the Mustangs. Same goes to the Falcons, Yellowjackets, Cardinals, and Hawks.

I say good luck to the valley teams as well..I sat on the weslaco side the other night hoping they could pull one off against united..pretty rowdy fans..they came up short..I went for them bc I used to live in brownsville..I think los fresmos has a legit shot..AW is skittish this year..if they are overconfident they can be beat...macaurthur will have to be ready for a rough crowd..the valley will be coming in full force..momentum has to be held in check and they win...as far as reagan and united..they cant stop marcus or the offensive coaching...

Firebird
11-27-2006, 09:23 PM
La Villa has the best shot out of el valle, in class A.

Austin Westlake isn't going to overlook this team. In 5a, all the valley teams exit this week.

TEAMFALCON
11-27-2006, 10:50 PM
There you go again Firebird (#1 Cardinal Fan) with you're one liners fit for a .......

"In 5A, All valley team will exit this week."

I've seen you post better than that. Don't hold back.

RR08
11-27-2006, 10:52 PM
He speaks the truth. Westlake Reagan Macarthur and San Marcos have poured to much into the season to lose to a valley team. These teams dont have the personal to hang. Maybe someday but not this year. All 4 Sa/Austin teams win comfortably.

TEAMFALCON
11-27-2006, 11:01 PM
"have poured to much into the season to lose to a valley team. These teams dont have the personal to hang"

There you go, that sounds better.......(rolling eyes).

We already know a) We don't have the athletes. b) we don't play the same comp

This is a long week, lets discuss something tangible.

rattlerfan
11-27-2006, 11:27 PM

Dude Weslaco was weak..their 12 guy was supposed to be fast..yeah maybe in the valley but Marcus Wright, Devin Thomas, and Isiah Sneed make him look slow..I hope Los Fresnos brings something up here

rattlerfan
11-27-2006, 11:29 PM
"have poured to much into the season to lose to a valley team. These teams dont have the personal to hang"

There you go, that sounds better.......(rolling eyes).

We already know a) We don't have the athletes. b) we don't play the same comp

This is a long week, lets discuss something tangible.
those are tangibles..weak competition, size, and coaching...

TEAMFALCON
11-27-2006, 11:30 PM
I don't think 12 is slow.

What would happen if you put #12 with an 'up state' team? It just goes to show you what happens in the playoffs.

#12 still had 154 yards and 2 TD's. That's not being shut down...by any means.

4.5 speed is 4.5 speed (if that's what his speed is) , no matter what part of the state you live in.

TEAMFALCON
11-27-2006, 11:32 PM

"those are tangibles..weak competition, size, and coaching..."

ummmmm..you got that from reading ""have poured to much into the season to lose to a valley team. These teams dont have the personal to hang"

Interesting...........I really don't see that.

RGVBadBoy
11-28-2006, 12:20 AM
Hey Rattlerfan, i dont know what your defenition of "FAST" is, but i call a 4.4 40 and a 10.6 100m pretty fast...but MAYBE I'm WRONG.... oh, and another thing, he also has run SUB 22sec in the 200m and went to STATE in the 4x200m relay.... But, i guess he's JUST RGV Fast.... I guess STATE Qualifiers in TRACK are slow....

Ignorance at its BEST!!!:cool:

rattlerfan
11-28-2006, 12:30 AM
I don't think 12 is slow.

What would happen if you put #12 with an 'up state' team? It just goes to show you what happens in the playoffs.

#12 still had 154 yards and 2 TD's. That's not being shut down...by any means.

4.5 speed is 4.5 speed (if that's what his speed is) , no matter what part of the state you live in.

it was against laredo united..and his timed speed is much different then what he showed in the dome..sneed and wright like i sadi made him look slow

rattlerfan
11-28-2006, 12:32 AM
Hey Rattlerfan, i dont know what your defenition of "FAST" is, but i call a 4.4 40 and a 10.6 100m pretty fast...but MAYBE I'm WRONG.... oh, and another thing, he also has run SUB 22sec in the 200m and went to STATE in the 4x200m relay.... But, i guess he's JUST RGV Fast.... I guess STATE Qualifiers in TRACK are slow....

Ignorance at its BEST!!!:cool:

dude speed on timing and in that thing they call track doesnt count on a field with people chasing u..the analogy is how u run in a timed context..and what u do at gametime..

TEAMFALCON
11-28-2006, 12:33 AM
it was against laredo united..and his timed speed is much different then what he showed in the dome

oohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

huh? (shrugging shoulders)

rattlerfan
11-28-2006, 12:36 AM
it was against laredo united..and his timed speed is much different then what he showed in the dome

oohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

huh? (shrugging shoulders)

its a football thing..u probably played at an rgv school..u learn that in youth football....if u had a good coach...

TEAMFALCON
11-28-2006, 12:39 AM
I just got a PM that says you didn't even play in HS.

And that's not the only PM I got.

rattlerfan
11-28-2006, 12:45 AM
I just got a PM that says you didn't even play in HS.

And that's not the only PM I got.

ok...corner and wb both ways..played against schools 3x our size... but hat doesnt matter I am not here for bragging about my ability..just my knowledge of football...and how I am pulling for rgv..but gosh they are so weak..maybe if I had stayed in the valley they would have made the finals...

RGVBadBoy
11-28-2006, 12:45 AM
OHHHH..... So i guess because Darrel Green ran a 10.2 100m dash, it means that HE WAS NOT THE FASTEST man in the NFL for A LONG TIME....OHHHH....

I see...the AIR in the RGV must be THINNER there for making our 4.4s and 4.5s NOT AS GOOD...

TEAMFALCON
11-28-2006, 12:49 AM
maybe if I had stayed in the valley they would have made the finals...

I can't angry at you anymore after you say this.

In the words of frank the tank, "you're crazy, you're crazy, I like you...but you're crazy.. http://home.austin.rr.com/ckato/frank1.jpg

Thanks!

rattlerfan
11-28-2006, 12:55 AM
OHHHH..... So i guess because Darrel Green ran a 10.2 100m dash, it means that HE WAS NOT THE FASTEST man in the NFL for A LONG TIME....OHHHH....

I see...the AIR in the RGV must be THINNER there for making our 4.4s and 4.5s NOT AS GOOD...

you still dont get it do u...some people are able to control their arousal in response the bodys' rush of adrenaline..look up the yerkes-dodson law this translates into a performance factor..in this case we are talking about speed..to be specific speed and agility in context...the context being game time vs timing on a track or some other tryout venue...basic kinesiology doesnt teach u this so try to bear with me..eaither way if you put the backs in game time they differ on their ability to perform...my observation reveals...one is faster and more agile others arent regardless of previous times...some people call it heart...or focus...

rattlerfan
11-28-2006, 12:59 AM
maybe if I had stayed in the valley they would have made the finals...

I can't angry at you anymore after you say this.

In the words of frank the tank, "you're crazy, you're crazy, I like you...but you're crazy.. http://home.austin.rr.com/ckato/frank1.jpg

Thanks!

thats great!

RGVBadBoy
11-28-2006, 01:01 AM
So, are you saying that BECAUSE theyre from the RGV that they couldnt play up in SanAntonio because they're fast, but just NOT SA fast?!? Or because they dont have "Heart"!?!! I think SanAntonio has BETTER competition, Coaching, and OVERALL talent, but for SanAntonios's 10 GOOD players, the RGV has 3 or 4 GOOD ONES TOO..... Mishak (#12) could play for any SA team, remember he's NOT a RB, he's a SLOT BACK.... so he might NOT start OVER Wright, but i BET he'd start at Slot or Wing for Reagan....

RGVBadBoy
11-28-2006, 01:03 AM
An example, I seriously DOUBT Trent Rios would start OVER LaJoya's Juan Martinez, Memorials Bradly Stephen, LosFresnos' Luis Campos or Weslaco's Mishak Rivas.... but i'm sure everyone in SV is just THRILLED with Rios

rattlerfan
11-28-2006, 01:07 AM
So, are you saying that BECAUSE theyre from the RGV that they couldnt play up in SanAntonio because they're fast, but just NOT SA fast?!? Or because they dont have "Heart"!?!! I think SanAntonio has BETTER competition, Coaching, and OVERALL talent, but for SanAntonios's 10 GOOD players, the RGV has 3 or 4 GOOD ONES TOO..... Mishak (#12) could play for any SA team, remember he's NOT a RB, he's a SLOT BACK.... so he might NOT start OVER Wright, but i BET he'd start at Slot or Wing for Reagan....

slot wing whatever they change those names to fit some overglorified scheme...heck u could call him a h back in some schemes...he would definitely start at reagan no doubt..on the JV

rattlerfan
11-28-2006, 01:09 AM
An example, I seriously DOUBT Trent Rios would start OVER LaJoya's Juan Martinez, Memorials Bradly Stephen, LosFresnos' Luis Campos or Weslaco's Mishak Rivas.... but i'm sure everyone in SV is just THRILLED with Rios

have u seen rios run? comaprison with mishak is that mishak is slow compared to him to...reagan spanked him this year..imagine what would happen to mishak??? weslaco had solid hits on him..u cant do that to rios, thomas, wright..hager invites it..

RGVBadBoy
11-28-2006, 01:22 AM
Weslacos' OLine doesnt have the Coaching or athletism of SmithsonValley, I PROMISE YOU, if Mishak, Martinez or Stephens had the Coaching and OLines that Judson, Reagan, Taft, SmithsonValley etc etc have.... you'd be singing a different tune... I SERIOUSLY DOUBT Rios is faster than Mishak,

lonny23
11-28-2006, 01:25 AM

Hey what almost happened to your almighty Los Fresnos team, they only won by 7 to a unrated team in the first round. You sure they got what it take to get past reqion???
Most Valley people always expect to lose in Round 3. We had a thread yesterday about the chances of the Valley teams. Laredo United is the best South Texas team this year.

rattlerfan
11-28-2006, 01:28 AM
Most Valley people always expect to lose in Round 3. We had a thread yesterday about the chances of the Valley teams. Laredo United is the best South Texas team this year.

that would be fun...now that reagan wouldnt be in the game!!!!!!! Is that sound of choking over in Converse!!!??!

lonny23
11-28-2006, 01:30 AM
Do you think this is the Valley team that breaks the mold? Do you think this is the one to shake the stereotypes? Im asking an honest question.
I don't think a Valley team will win state this year, but I do think that Laredo United is good enough to potentially get there.

lonny23
11-28-2006, 01:31 AM
He had them at 25 to start the year.

lonny23
11-28-2006, 01:32 AM
I believe the magazine had them ranked at #10. That was the year that Donna was playing in the HEB Classic at the Alamodome during week 0. DC seems to quite often overrate teams playing in the Classic for attendance purposes. I was there and Donna represented the Valley well. They played a strong defensive game and beat a good Lubbock Monterey team.
Donna won that game 10-9 and brought plenty of people. They were 25th to start the year.

lonny23
11-28-2006, 01:33 AM

You're going to have a better year against Austin-SA than in recent memory.

lonny23
11-28-2006, 01:35 AM
I know you're from Reagan, but Stephens is better.

lonny23
11-28-2006, 01:39 AM
He speaks the truth. Westlake Reagan Macarthur and San Marcos have poured to much into the season to lose to a valley team. These teams dont have the personal to hang. Maybe someday but not this year. All 4 Sa/Austin teams win comfortably.
It won't happen.

lonny23
11-28-2006, 01:45 AM
that would be fun...now that reagan wouldnt be in the game!!!!!!! Is that sound of choking over in Converse!!!??!
This has nothing to do with Reagan or Judson. Fact is Laredo United is a good team. I don't care who they play, I have to give them credit. Most of the time, I say that South Texas teams don't stand a chance, but they have a better shot this year.

Firebird
11-28-2006, 11:01 AM
I'm not posting on United, because I'm just not familiar with them.

I would be beyond shocked if any Valley 5a teams advanced. I think South has just the faintest glimmer of hope.

This is what is going to have to happen for LF, South or Memorial is to win.

A. They must play virtually mistake free. And I don't just mean turnover free. I mean every lineman needs to hit every block. I mean that no reciever should ever be overthrown, or drop a pass. I mean that the RB needs to hit the right hole, everytime. I mean that there better not be a SINGLE missed tackle or blown coverage. I mean....you get the picture.

B. The other team needs to make several mistakes, lapses in concentration. If both teams go at each other, playing their best ball, then Austin/SA wins every time.

Problem is, most valley teams are not near as disciplined and well coached as most upstate teams. I don't see it happening.

RGVBadBoy
11-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Firebird, well said...

As for United, they have what ALL RGV teams NEED.... GOOD COACHING.... their team is incredibly consistant despite being a passing team, their running game is basically their QB rolling out and MAYBE RUNNING the ball instead of throwing it, he's very athletic and fast, just like their QB David Garza who signed with TAMUK.

When you see United, Think TexasTech, they dont have the Athletes of a University of Texas Longhorn team, but every now and then, they can sneek a win over A&M or another Ranked team, because of the way they throw...

Thats United...

RGVBadBoy
11-28-2006, 11:17 AM
As for the comment about, "Insulting Lardo by saying they're in the RGV" its MORE of an insult to the RGV, because the RGV usually OWNS LAREDO.... Only Nixon in recent history has been able to hold their own against the RGV and even then, when they face a tough RGV team, they'll lose...

United has been doing MUCH BETTER in the past couple of seasons..

Firebird
11-28-2006, 11:42 AM
As for the comment about, "Insulting Lardo by saying they're in the RGV" its MORE of an insult to the RGV, because the RGV usually OWNS LAREDO.... Only Nixon in recent history has been able to hold their own against the RGV and even then, when they face a tough RGV team, they'll lose...

United has been doing MUCH BETTER in the past couple of seasons..

You're right about that. The Valley usually does very well against Laredo in the playoffs. In fact, they've done very well this year, only United got past their first round playoff opponents

Right now I'm pulling for all the South Texas teams and MOJO. It sounds like United has a very good team this year, and ya'll are starting to convince me on them. But, I can't say.

playthatball
11-28-2006, 12:12 PM
Im pulling for the Valley cuz:
Viva la Selena!!!