PDA

View Full Version : 25 though 27-5A district standing?????

RGVBadBoy
04-20-2005, 11:50 AM
how will it end up, who are the teams and players to watch out for out of the SA area??? SmithsonValley will likely win the region, but what about Judson and O'Connor......is Taft going down the shoot????? who will be the district champs, who will be the runners up, who are the playoff contenders?????

RGVBadBoy
04-20-2005, 07:40 PM
dont everyone answer at once.......LOL

KT2000
04-20-2005, 08:11 PM
Why the thumbs down icon next to the post? ;)

SV, Judson and Clemens seem to have the most pre-season buzz so far.

RGVBadBoy
04-20-2005, 09:30 PM

in all honesty, it looked like a question mark....but i later saw that it was a thumbs down........LOL

RGVBadBoy
04-20-2005, 09:33 PM
do you think O'Connor will compete with Judson for the Div I regional finalist spot, i know O'Connor had its hands full with Victoria last season and Victoria is looking to be LOADED for this upcomming season.......

KT2000
04-20-2005, 09:35 PM
I'm not sure what O'Connor has in the sub-varsity ranks, but they don't have many starters back from last year's group that I know of. Clemens and Taft look decent.

RGVBadBoy
04-20-2005, 09:36 PM
I'm not sure what O'Connor has in the sub-varsity ranks, but they don't have many starters back from last year's group that I know of. Clemens and Taft look decent.
25-5A
San Marcos
Schertz Clemens*
Seguin

26-5A
Smithson Valley
Converse Judson*
SA Madison

27-5A
SA O'Connor*
SA Warren
SA Taft
how does this projection look????

RGVBadBoy
04-20-2005, 09:38 PM
tell me what you think, reasons why or why not.....i would like to know how the RGV teams stack up, i realize probably not well, but i would like to atleast get to know the monster, before it eats us......you know what i mean???

KT2000
04-20-2005, 10:08 PM
I can't let the cat out of the bag on our projections yet (Guide coming June 1st :) ) but those look pretty good. Can't give everything away now though. Hopefully one of our San Antonio residents will chime in.

Texas Hammer
04-20-2005, 11:00 PM
You get 4 teams from each district, so I'd add East Central, Churchill, and Jay to the group. I don't have the returning numbers and can't pick the order of finish until at least June.

gtowndrumma
04-20-2005, 11:27 PM
i thought the 4 teams per district doesnt start until 2006-2007 school year.

RGVBadBoy
04-20-2005, 11:54 PM
yeah, it comes into effect for the 06'/ 07' season.....

RedRage00
04-21-2005, 10:44 AM
Victoria's gonna wipe out San Antonio this year ;) :p

dragonsdaddy
04-21-2005, 10:49 AM
hahahahahahahahaha

Rerun
04-21-2005, 11:01 AM
Anyone that has Clemens projected to finish any lower than #1 in 25-5A is way off base. It is no more than wishful thinking. Clemens will go undefeated in district play once again in 2005.

RedRage00
04-21-2005, 12:12 PM
hahahahahahahahaha

You dont have to be so mean lol

GO VIPERS!

RR

Pantherfan12
04-21-2005, 12:18 PM
Anyone that has Clemens projected to finish any lower than #1 in 25-5A is way off base. It is no more than wishful thinking. Clemens will go undefeated in district play once again in 2005.

Should be interesting as I think Clemens will move to 4A with the new high school opening next year. That would be one dominant 4A program

As far as an earlier post about the O'Conners status of underclassmen. They won't have a Senior dominated club like last year. Really great JV team that was loaded with mostly Soph starters. The Juniors that are there have made great strides are will step up to lead the way. The Freshmen Team went undefeated with most of their games running a continuous clock as they went up by 30 or more very early in most games. The Freshmen team in combination with the Sophs moving up will really be fun to watch in two years.

With that said though...O'Conner will compete for the Disctrict and Regional Championship. The program in place is outstanding. The effort in the weight room, class room, and the super coaching staff drive it to perfection. If it looks a lot like Judson....well that's the program where several of the coaches came from. First Class All the Way....

dragonsdaddy
04-21-2005, 12:38 PM
just the bthought of that and its effect on the san antonio posters gives me giggles. gl with that feat. lonnie would be apoplectic.

RGVBadBoy
04-21-2005, 01:53 PM
Victoria's gonna wipe out San Antonio this year ;) :p
i actually wouldnt put it past em', San Antonio O'Connor looks like the team to beat next season, but Victoria will be no joke, i actually think that Victoria might beat O'Connor next seaosn in rd 1, if they do, i cant wait to see what Harlingens got for either team......Harlingen should be good....

RGVBadBoy
04-21-2005, 01:54 PM
hahahahahahahahaha
lets see how funny you think this is.........
SmithsonValley is gonna pound SouthlakeCarrol this year!!!!!!!!!! :D

dragonsdaddy
04-21-2005, 02:03 PM
i hope they get the chance. it'll be another trip successfully thru north texas.

rangerpride
04-21-2005, 05:32 PM
O'Connor is a good program that has made themselves from the same mold as Smithson Valley. Coach Padron and Coach Hill are good friends that share ideas alot (although if you ask me, the sharing seems to only be going one direction: from Hill to Padron, until recently). Before this past season's move to a spread offense, SV ran mostly 2 TE sets with alot of singleback or offset full back. This is basically what O'Connor has been running lately. Word is that a couple of the SV coaches even agree that Padron's plays resemble coach Hill's so much that they could probably tell the O'Connor kids what mistakes they made on each play as far as blocking assignments, etc if they wanted to.

O'Connor fans, don't take this as a knock on your coach. Heck, SV stole most of its early stuff from Judson back in the day, but Coach Hill has made some tweaks here and there up until last year that is. What a shock it was to see them go to the spread. I know some of the SV coaches used to refer to the spread offense as "communist football" many years ago. Since none of their coaches ever leave, obviously they are now coaching the same offense they used to ridicule. :D

Anyway, I say SV comes out of the region for DII and Judson comes out of DI, but I AM a biased 26-5 fan :cool:

Clemens will be good this year and I see Churchill giving Madison a run for the 3rd playoff spot in 26-5.

lonny23
04-21-2005, 10:13 PM
O'Connor is a good program that has made themselves from the same mold as Smithson Valley. Coach Padron and Coach Hill are good friends that share ideas alot (although if you ask me, the sharing seems to only be going one direction: from Hill to Padron, until recently). Before this past season's move to a spread offense, SV ran mostly 2 TE sets with alot of singleback or offset full back. This is basically what O'Connor has been running lately. Word is that a couple of the SV coaches even agree that Padron's plays resemble coach Hill's so much that they could probably tell the O'Connor kids what mistakes they made on each play as far as blocking assignments, etc if they wanted to.

O'Connor fans, don't take this as a knock on your coach. Heck, SV stole most of its early stuff from Judson back in the day, but Coach Hill has made some tweaks here and there up until last year that is. What a shock it was to see them go to the spread. I know some of the SV coaches used to refer to the spread offense as "communist football" many years ago. Since none of their coaches ever leave, obviously they are now coaching the same offense they used to ridicule. :D

Anyway, I say SV comes out of the region for DII and Judson comes out of DI, but I AM a biased 26-5 fan :cool:

Clemens will be good this year and I see Churchill giving Madison a run for the 3rd playoff spot in 26-5.
There is truth to your analysis. SV and O'Connor are Judson Lite. Wait, so is Katy! :D

I have no problem with it because you take what works and see if you can make it a little better.

As far as the Valley goes, it's all speculation. The teams are getting better and the players are faster, but there is NO indication that they're ready to start winning playoff games against San Antonio. Judson is 19-0 against the Valley/CC/Victoria/Laredo in the playoffs and they haven't been close games. You have a few losses under 10 points and 3 wins, so there is no precedent to say the Valley will win.

San Antonio was dominant last year. The 3 5A districts lost 4 games all year to teams outside of town:

Waco 31 Clemens 26
Pflugerville 23 Smithson Valley 17
Westfield 28 Judson 14
Southlake Carroll 24 Smithson Valley 21

RGVBadBoy
04-22-2005, 02:12 AM
As far as the Valley goes, it's all speculation. The teams are getting better and the players are faster, but there is NO indication that they're ready to start winning playoff games against San Antonio. Judson is 19-0 against the Valley/CC/Victoria/Laredo in the playoffs and they haven't been close games. You have a few losses under 10 points and 3 wins, so there is no precedent to say the Valley will win.
what are you talking about, where did anyone put anything aboutthe RGV beating anyone???? i think i may have stated that Harlingen could be good, but where did anyone put anything about any RGV team beating an SA team???? are the RGV teams getting better, sure, are they all consistant??? NO, some teams are developing into good programs and others are declining, our players are getting bigger and faster, shoot we had RBs from like 6 or 7 different schools in the 10 sec range of the 100m and other kids that play different positions there too, sure SA teams do too, but its kinda rare for the RGV to have so many fast players...football in the RGV is slowly progressing, but can we compete w/ SA, not really, sure some of us could compete with decent teams, but ultimatly SA's elites, like O'Connor, SmithsonValley and Judson would anialate any one of our teams... untill the RGV can compete with SA on a more consistant basis then i wouldnt say they could.....i think it could happen, but not anytime soon..

lonny23
04-22-2005, 05:22 PM
what are you talking about, where did anyone put anything aboutthe RGV beating anyone???? i think i may have stated that Harlingen could be good, but where did anyone put anything about any RGV team beating an SA team???? are the RGV teams getting better, sure, are they all consistant??? NO, some teams are developing into good programs and others are declining, our players are getting bigger and faster, shoot we had RBs from like 6 or 7 different schools in the 10 sec range of the 100m and other kids that play different positions there too, sure SA teams do too, but its kinda rare for the RGV to have so many fast players...football in the RGV is slowly progressing, but can we compete w/ SA, not really, sure some of us could compete with decent teams, but ultimatly SA's elites, like O'Connor, SmithsonValley and Judson would anialate any one of our teams... untill the RGV can compete with SA on a more consistant basis then i wouldnt say they could.....i think it could happen, but not anytime soon..
Red Rage said, apparently joking, that Victoria was going to wipe out SA. You agreed it could happen in Round 1. I just wanted to post that nobody from Victoria, Corpus, Laredo, or the Valley has shown yet that they can win in Week 3 of the playoffs. Victoria shouldn't really be lumped with you guys and to a certain extent, neither should Corpus.

RGVBadBoy
04-22-2005, 07:11 PM
what are you saying lonny, are you saying that Corpus is better than the RGV? while Corpus has a better all time record against the RGV, the RGV has better teams as of recently anyway, in 5A because Sinton, GregoryPortland and Calallen are tops at their classification 3 and 4A.......Victoria is good, but lumping Laredo in with the RGV is also not right, the best of the RGV would pound the best of Corpus and the best of Laredo, the best fo ElPaso and so on and sofourth......the RGV has yet to beat the SA teams consistantly but that dosnt mean they are crap teams.....we are progressing......oh and i dont doubt that Victoria beats O'Connor or who ever else they play next season in rd 1........so all in all, the RGV, is NOT part of Laredo, Corpus, or Victoria, we are south texas but we are a totally different area, separated by over 120mi...

Rerun
04-22-2005, 07:27 PM
No team south of San Antonio will beat any San Antonio team next year in the play offs.

RGVBadBoy
04-22-2005, 08:30 PM
No team south of San Antonio will beat any San Antonio team next year in the play offs.
i guess, whatever you wanna say, dont be suprised when some SA school loses next season to a CC, Laredo or RGV team....

Rerun
04-22-2005, 08:33 PM
Right.Since there is soooo much talent down there.Any kids that have a half a brain and any talent would transfer to a better school in SA.

RGVBadBoy
04-22-2005, 09:12 PM
alot of kids with talent cannot afford to transfer to SA, the parents cannot afford to send their kids to SA, so its not about brains, its about MONEY, shows howmuch you know, you think we have no talent down here, you are ignorant for saying such things......SA has much more talent, yes, they also have much more people, the RGV is growing and getting better, the teams and players arent the problem, its the coaching......

RGVBadBoy
04-22-2005, 09:14 PM
my point???? point is, several of our players could play for any SA team, yes and start too....we just dont get the publicity SA does

Rerun
04-22-2005, 09:33 PM
you dont get the publicity because you are not as good.

KT2000
04-22-2005, 09:43 PM
Headliner, he's not talking about The Valley as a whole. His main point, from what I can tell, is that they have some players who are good enough to start for teams in San Antonio. No reason to diss him for having an opinion.

RGVBadBoy
04-22-2005, 10:25 PM
tell me again how
Jamaar Taylor WR= Notre Dame, TAMU, NY Giants
Earvin Taylor WR= TAMU
Taylor Schuster TE/OL= TAMU
Greg Lamatia OLB/DB= SMU
Mike Lamatia LB= TAMU
Nick Lamatia LB= TAMU
Maurice Hunter RB= New Mexico
Ty Detmer QB= BYU, Philadelphia Eagles
Frank Hernandez WR= recieving yrd record holder
Nati Valdez WR= BYU, rec, record holder
Warrie Birdwell DT= SMU
Justin Ferrel LB/DT= Nebraska/TAMU
Hector Madrigal QB= Sam Houston st.
Charlie Wiebusch OL/DT= Rice
Bobby Lasoya WR= lead the state in 4A rec yrds
Javi Rodriguez QB= lead all of South texas and most of texas in passing
and every other D1, D1AA, or DII recruit, record holder from the RGV could not play for any SA team.........oh wait and those names are only from one town in the RGV, MISSION which has only about 15 to 20,000 residents, but they must not have talent or brains because they played south of SA......headliner, you are an ignorant fool whom knows nothing of what he speaks of, your are amusing if nothing at all.....

JC73
04-22-2005, 10:35 PM

I have heard the same thing. Padron is a great coach and I am a big Panther supporter. But the offense Padron uses does come from the same offense Hill has been using since 96. Hill did get a lot of his stuff from Judson during the Rutledge years. But all coaches do this. Hill has opened up his offense a bit, but it is not the true spread. The Rangers always have a tight end and still use the two tight end system. They have always used one back, now they just go from the shot gun. Not really that much difference. Both teams will be good this year.

JC73
04-22-2005, 10:41 PM
Should be interesting as I think Clemens will move to 4A with the new high school opening next year. That would be one dominant 4A program

As far as an earlier post about the O'Conners status of underclassmen. They won't have a Senior dominated club like last year. Really great JV team that was loaded with mostly Soph starters. The Juniors that are there have made great strides are will step up to lead the way. The Freshmen Team went undefeated with most of their games running a continuous clock as they went up by 30 or more very early in most games. The Freshmen team in combination with the Sophs moving up will really be fun to watch in two years.

With that said though...O'Conner will compete for the Disctrict and Regional Championship. The program in place is outstanding. The effort in the weight room, class room, and the super coaching staff drive it to perfection. If it looks a lot like Judson....well that's the program where several of the coaches came from. First Class All the Way....

What was O'conner's subvarsity actual record last year? Who did they play? Is there a site where I could get this info? I support this program, but I didn't think their jv and freshman did so hot last year.

Rerun
04-22-2005, 11:01 PM
Hmm, when was the last time a team south of SA won a 5A football title?Exactly.

gibberish
04-23-2005, 01:06 AM
tell me again how
Jamaar Taylor WR= Notre Dame, TAMU, NY Giants
Earvin Taylor WR= TAMU
Taylor Schuster TE/OL= TAMU
Greg Lamatia OLB/DB= SMU
Mike Lamatia LB= TAMU
Nick Lamatia LB= TAMU
Maurice Hunter RB= New Mexico
Ty Detmer QB= BYU, Philadelphia Eagles
Frank Hernandez WR= recieving yrd record holder
Nati Valdez WR= BYU, rec, record holder
Warrie Birdwell DT= SMU
Justin Ferrel LB/DT= Nebraska/TAMU
Hector Madrigal QB= Sam Houston st.
Charlie Wiebusch OL/DT= Rice
Bobby Lasoya WR= lead the state in 4A rec yrds
Javi Rodriguez QB= lead all of South texas and most of texas in passing
and every other D1, D1AA, or DII recruit, record holder from the RGV could not play for any SA team.........oh wait and those names are only from one town in the RGV, MISSION which has only about 15 to 20,000 residents, but they must not have talent or brains because they played south of SA......headliner, you are an ignorant fool whom knows nothing of what he speaks of, your are amusing if nothing at all.....

Correct me if I'm wrong didn't Ty Detmer play high school ball in San Antonio. (southwest highschool).
Headliner alittle upset that he picked clemens 2nd in 25-5a. Don't agree with it either. Clemens wins 25-5a hands down.

RGVBadBoy
04-23-2005, 04:21 AM
Sorry, your right, it was Ty that played for SA SouthWest, it was Koy Detmer that played for Mission.....later Colorado and then the Eagles.....

Chief Wahoo
04-23-2005, 07:34 AM
Hmm, when was the last time a team south of SA won a 5A football title?Exactly.

I think RGV's point was there are a lot of players in the RGV that could play for the teams in San Antonio and he is absolutely right. That is an impressive list RGV. :)

rattlerbacker
04-23-2005, 09:01 AM
How can you put together a list of great players from Mission, Texas and not include Tom Landry? :confused: When some RGV school matches coaching excellence with talent and dedication they can make a run in the playoffs. That hasn't happened in a long while but with the growth in that area it may happen sooner than a lot of folks think.

As for predicting 25-5A, the coaching changes at Clemens and San Marcos muddy up the crystal ball a little bit although Clemens is the favorite based on results the last couple of years. It should definitely be an interesting race this year.

RGVBadBoy
04-23-2005, 03:21 PM
yup your right Rattlerbacker,Tom Landry is from the RGV, and what part of the RGV???? thats right, Mission......the best talent in the RGV has come from the Mission, area and there is alot more to come.......just wait and see, the (Mission) Sharyland Rattlers will be making some noise in teh near future...

Royal85
04-23-2005, 03:46 PM
RGV Bad Boy - the RGV has had some talented players, but so has every other part of the state. The problem with valley teams is they have no depth. They might have one or two guys on a team that are very good and then not much after that. The best teams in the state have quality at virtually every position. Speed kills and when an RGV teams faces a team like Judson, Katy, SLC, SV it is obvious who has it and who doesn't. You claim it is coaching. Well, maybe some. But there are good coaches and not so good coaches everywhere. I'm sure the valley has good coaches who, if given the talent of SV, SLC, Katy, etc. would do just fine. Who coached those players from Mission? Who coached that QB from sharyland who led the state? Who coached that receiver who led the state? Obviously there was some good coaching going on, but I would bet that they just didn't have a spread of talent that was able to allow their team to advance against superior teams. I bet if those coaches were at SLC or SV they would do great things, don't you think?

RGVBadBoy
04-24-2005, 12:16 AM
you r probably right about depth, i cant argue that, but speed we got, the ohter thing we really dont have and really need is quality strenght and conditioning programs.....i think with some good strengh and condtioning programs we could be 10Xs better...

Sonny Detmer and Rusty Dowling both coached Mission, Dowling coached at Sharyland.....but yeah, speed we got....

Royal85
04-24-2005, 12:49 AM
I'm not so convinced that the RGV teams have good team speed. They might have 2 or 3 guys that are fast, but do they have good TEAM speed? I knew Detmer coached at Mission, but I didn't know Rusty Dowling coached there and at sharyland. Did they coach together? Dowling won two state championships while he was the head coach in Texas City. Don't know where Detmer is although I would bet he's retired.

RGVBadBoy
04-24-2005, 01:41 AM
Coach Detmer ended his carreer at 3A Sumerset i beleive, Coach Dowling was WRs coach at Mission under Detmer, Dowling coached all of the record breaking WRs from Mission, Nati Valdez, Frank Hernandez, Papo Rodriguez and Angel Alvarez and so on......Dowling got the HC job at Sharyland in like 91' or 92', Shary had jsut moved up to 4A from 3A and Dowling never really had much success there but had some players put up some nice numbers, if my memory serves me, i believe Dowling ended up at Texas City and yes won a couple of titles.....Sharyland is now 5A and it is 1 of 3 HS in Mission, Mission only has about 15 to 20,000 residents and should really have that many schools, they should just have Mission HS and Sharyland HS, and get rid of MissionVeteransMemorial HS........maybe thats why we have so little depth?????

anyway, as far as teams speed, yeah, we do alright, some teams anyways....... Sharyland, LJ and Harlingen have probably the largest amounts of quality athletes in the RGV, and usually posess pretty decent team speed, not like Lufkin type speed, but pretty decent.......talking to players from the Semi Finalist Mission teams, they tell me that when they lost to Aldine Ike (the eventual state champ) that season in 90' or 91', they tell me about Aldine, "they were fast, but their size and strength really killed us" they playedin the Astrodome on the carpet, the Mission Eagles were using normal tennis shoes whild Aldine was using lightweight turf shoes....from what i understand, the shoes are what made the speed difference even more dramatic.....many of the Eagles were wearing basketball sneakers to play football, i hear that the majority of the MHS Eagles were wearing the Jordans (they were the shoes to have) so i really believe that shoes played a role as far as speed matchups.......

Strength and conditioning programs here inteh RGV are really what is lacking, it is my belief that with proper strength and conditioning programs to train our athletes, we would be vastly more competative...... when programs such as SLC, Stephanville, Katy and Smithson and so on have great athletic programs, it makes it easier and a whole lot faster to get kids ready for the season, so when you get a kid from SLC or Katy that has been involved in an all summer long weight and speed conditioning program, provided by their respective schools, of course the athlete is gonna end up stronger and faster (team speed) than another team that did not or does not have such programs....its just my opinion, but i have seen mediocre players become good players and good players become great players all with the help of a gym and a little hard work.....

RGVBadBoy
04-24-2005, 01:48 AM
these are jsut a couple of the RBs that recieve no speed or strength training at their schools......because whether other RGV fans want to admitt it or not, our Strength and Speed programs are just notup to par with other teams throughout the state:

Justin Hernandez Harlingen 10.7 100m
Jesse Galvan Edinburg 10.7 100m
JoJo Ortiz LaJoya 10.6 100m
Bradly Stephens MacAllen Memorial 22.09 200m 48.8 400m
Dominic James Edinburg North 10.5 100m 21.5 200m
Ryan Richardson Edinburg Economedes 10.6 100m
Jimmy Sikkink MacAllen NikkiRowe 10.8 100m

and these are only SOME RBs from around the RGV (that get little to no strenghth or speed training), there are many other kids around the RGV with speed and yes, many of them play fb, but jsut doent get the right training that some of the tops schools do......imagine if they did!!!!

lonny23
05-14-2005, 08:53 AM
these are jsut a couple of the RBs that recieve no speed or strength training at their schools......because whether other RGV fans want to admitt it or not, our Strength and Speed programs are just notup to par with other teams throughout the state:

Justin Hernandez Harlingen 10.7 100m
Jesse Galvan Edinburg 10.7 100m
JoJo Ortiz LaJoya 10.6 100m
Bradly Stephens MacAllen Memorial 22.09 200m 48.8 400m
Dominic James Edinburg North 10.5 100m 21.5 200m
Ryan Richardson Edinburg Economedes 10.6 100m
Jimmy Sikkink MacAllen NikkiRowe 10.8 100m

and these are only SOME RBs from around the RGV (that get little to no strenghth or speed training), there are many other kids around the RGV with speed and yes, many of them play fb, but jsut doent get the right training that some of the tops schools do......imagine if they did!!!!
Those times are OK, but not world-class.

RGVBadBoy
05-14-2005, 01:43 PM
no one said they were world class, but they're fast enough to run with anyone else in the state, remember these are football players, not olympic sprinters

Texas Hammer
05-14-2005, 03:01 PM
no one said they were world class, but they're fast enough to run with anyone else in the state, remember these are football players, not olympic sprinters
I checked your times and they are comparable to the top guys running in 4A at the State Track Meet.

gator9
05-17-2005, 07:37 PM
As to the question about SA Northside...I understand Taft's sub-varsity were weak (TAFT JV won 2 games) and they also lost some great seniors. Ram Vela, Jabarri Scott, Nick Charles. I dont believe the new head coach will have the horses or the savy to repeat their recent success. O'Connor is still the premier program but Warren will have to make a move fast because Stevens is the next new kid to take over. Clark lost their all-world back, Marshall wont have the kids to challenge, and Jay is Jay. Poor Holmes has gone from the team of the 80's to the whipping boy of the district but their recent head coach hasnt helped matters. Holmes has to throw the ball...again. Del Rio won the district track meet and could upset some Northside schools. Northside has hired some recent head coaches (Marshall and Taft) who were Warren's Dausin's coat riders and some believe its an effort to weaken the district so Warren can have success :)

RGVBadBoy
05-17-2005, 07:50 PM
I checked your times and they are comparable to the top guys running in 4A at the State Track Meet.
they were comperable to 5A times too...

lonny23
05-17-2005, 08:50 PM
they were comperable to 5A times too...
Considering how slow the 100 times were for the Region IV guys, my question is why didn't they go to the State Track Meet. I don't think they're that fast.

JC73
05-18-2005, 09:58 AM
[QUOTE=Roya I bet if those coaches were at SLC or SV they would do great things, don't you think?[/QUOTE]

I don't know, Hill and Dodge are about the best around.

RGVBadBoy
05-18-2005, 09:33 PM
Considering how slow the 100 times were for the Region IV guys, my question is why didn't they go to the State Track Meet. I don't think they're that fast.
i dont know, they just didnt make it???? Shane Jones from Roosevelt was fast, he placed 3rd in state.....i would love to see an RGV athlete do well at the State meet, but we all seem to choke up there, false start, run tight, whatever, its alot of pressure at the State Meet....

Rerun
05-18-2005, 09:56 PM
As to the question about SA Northside...I understand Taft's sub-varsity were weak (TAFT JV won 2 games) and they also lost some great seniors. Ram Vela, Jabarri Scott, Nick Charles. I dont believe the new head coach will have the horses or the savy to repeat their recent success. O'Connor is still the premier program but Warren will have to make a move fast because Stevens is the next new kid to take over. Clark lost their all-world back, Marshall wont have the kids to challenge, and Jay is Jay. Poor Holmes has gone from the team of the 80's to the whipping boy of the district but their recent head coach hasnt helped matters. Holmes has to throw the ball...again. Del Rio won the district track meet and could upset some Northside schools. Northside has hired some recent head coaches (Marshall and Taft) who were Warren's Dausin's coat riders and some believe its an effort to weaken the district so Warren can have success :)

Don't even get me started on NISD and 27-5A.....

RocketQB
05-18-2005, 10:29 PM

SV, Judson and Clemens seem to have the most pre-season buzz so far.

I agree with Judson and SV being in the top running. Not sure about Clemens this coming season.

Rerun
05-18-2005, 10:30 PM
I agree with Judson and SV being in the top running. Not sure about Clemens this coming season.

Yea, Clemens is bringing nothing back and I think they will finish in 4th or 5th place in district.

Texas Hammer
05-19-2005, 12:04 AM
Yea, Clemens is bringing nothing back and I think they will finish in 4th or 5th place in district.
Hey, Headliner, are you a boxer? You retired from the board last week! :p
I knew you'd be back pretty soon. I'm glad you're back because I need somebody to argue with.

Rerun
05-19-2005, 12:09 AM
No, not a boxer. Not until Lonny and the rest of the Judson faithful give me a reason to be.

Clemens - geeeezzzzz, lets just play the freaking games.

Texas Hammer
05-19-2005, 12:10 AM
No, not a boxer. Not until Lonny and the rest of the Judson faithful give me a reason to be.

Clemens - geeeezzzzz, lets just play the freaking games.
Who do you think you're talking to? :D

Rerun
05-19-2005, 12:13 AM
Wonderful....Ok, cool, you in Converse? Meet me at the Wal-Mart on 78 in 45 min and we will exchange opinions.

Texas Hammer
05-19-2005, 12:16 AM
Wonderful....Ok, cool, you in Converse? Meet me at the Wal-Mart on 78 in 45 min and we will exchange opinions.
I can't get to Wal-Mart in 45 minutes and I was asking a question, not trying to start a fight. Look where I live. This is Lonny. I will be in town on Saturday and Sunday, though.

lonny23
05-19-2005, 12:21 AM
Boy, I get a kick out of you. You get mad even when I'm not trying to make you mad! :D

lonny23
05-19-2005, 12:39 AM
Since you haven't responded, I guess you DID go to the Wal-Mart on 78. :D I'm over 300 miles away right now and in no mood to fight. :)

Rerun
05-19-2005, 12:49 AM
Why does l2k have 2 sn? Naw, I was watching comic view, i didnt feel like driving all the way across town to converse tonight.

Rerun
05-19-2005, 12:52 AM
converse is like 40 min away from me....

lonny23
05-19-2005, 12:56 AM
converse is like 40 min away from me....
I figured you said 45 minutes since you'd have to drive across town. I never had 2 screen names before April. At least you can get to Wal-Mart without driving through the war zone.

I see Schertz has their Wal-Mart now. That's good because we can keep Clemens fans out of Converse except for when they want to lose in football! :p

lonny23
05-19-2005, 12:59 AM
Why does l2k have 2 sn? Naw, I was watching comic view, i didnt feel like driving all the way across town to converse tonight.
I think having 2 screen names makes me post more because I don't want to get too far ahead of myself! :D

Rerun
05-19-2005, 12:59 AM
Yea, just a strait shot on 1604 past I10, 281, then exit fm 78. When I lived in Schertz I nor any of my friends went to Wal Mart on 78, we would go to the one on 1604 and Naco across from Rolling Oaks Mall.Thats Madison territitory, not as bad as jroc, but close.

lonny23
05-19-2005, 01:04 AM
Yea, just a strait shot on 1604 past I10, 281, then exit fm 78. When I lived in Schertz I nor any of my friends went to Wal Mart on 78, we would go to the one on 1604 and Naco across from Rolling Oaks Mall.Thats Madison territitory, not as bad as jroc, but close.
I was glad I could stop going to the Madison Wal-Mart considering my feelings. The store was a little junky sometimes, but not as junky as the Roosevelt Wal-Mart that went out of business. They have some kind of big thrift store there, now. The funny thing about the FM 78 Wal-Mart is that it's outside of the city limits and that saves everybody half a cent in sales tax on every dollar.

Rerun
05-19-2005, 01:06 AM
Yea, that old Wal Mart by Roosevelt is now a Flea- Mart. It is a good place to buy Swishahouse cd's.They even got some Sam Houston Boyz cd's too.

Texas Hammer
05-19-2005, 01:08 AM
Yea, that old Wal Mart by Roosevelt is now a Flea- Mart. It is a good place to buy Swishahouse cd's.They even got some Sam Houston Boyz cd's too.
I couldn't remember the name, but you're right. I'm giving this thread a thumbs up since somebody gave it a thumbs down! :)

Rerun
05-19-2005, 01:10 AM
stop being a tool and just use lonny as your one and only screen name. dont be such a girl and have multiple names.

Texas Hammer
05-19-2005, 01:12 AM
stop being a tool and just use lonny as your one and only screen name. dont be such a girl and have multiple names.
I need multiple names for multiple personalities! :D
OK, I have one personality which can be good or bad depending on who you are!

Texas Hammer
05-19-2005, 01:13 AM
Somebody said they agreed with the tool a few days ago, which I thought was a good play on words.

Rerun
05-19-2005, 01:16 AM
wonderful. now i gotta block messages from l2k and hammer.
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smibang.gif
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smipctoss.gif

Texas Hammer
05-19-2005, 01:21 AM
wonderful. now i gotta block messages from l2k and hammer.
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smibang.gif
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smipctoss.gif
I thought it was funny when somebody said something about Wide-e-Wide being the new Lonny. I figured I'd keep quiet about the screen name, but had to say something when KT said Judson was the best 5A team ever.

Rerun
05-19-2005, 01:23 AM
KT- Another hater. They wont put Clemens in the pre season top 25, but they will learn....December, fellas, December......

Texas Hammer
05-19-2005, 01:28 AM
KT- Another hater. They wont put Clemens in the pre season top 25, but they will learn....December, fellas, December......
Clemens may be one of the Top 25 teams in Texas. I have no reason to hate Judson's stepchild! :p I think Clemens' season ends in Bi-District, but I'll root for them the rest of the way if they win.

Rerun
05-19-2005, 01:30 AM
Clemens may be one of the Top 25 teams in Texas. I have no reason to hate Judson's stepchild! :p I think Clemens' season ends in Bi-District, but I'll root for them the rest of the way if they win.

OHHHHHOHOHOHOHOH, You are very lucky that you moved l2k, very lucky. let me know when you are back in converse and meet me at that mcdonalds by that stupid water tower that reps converse off kity hawk. its on l2k, its on.

Texas Hammer
05-19-2005, 02:12 AM
OHHHHHOHOHOHOHOH, You are very lucky that you moved l2k, very lucky. let me know when you are back in converse and meet me at that mcdonalds by that stupid water tower that reps converse off kity hawk. its on l2k, its on.
That's where I used to eat at. All 3 of my houses were within 2 miles of that McDonalds. I'll be back on Saturday and might be there for a few days.

RedRage00
05-19-2005, 01:52 PM
Simma down children....simma simma :p

RR

Slim-Rob
05-19-2005, 09:40 PM

As long as they play better than they did against Judson in the playoffs last year, they will be okay.

Texas Hammer
05-19-2005, 09:42 PM
As long as they play better than they did against Judson in the playoffs last year, they will be okay.
Clemens problem is they can win district, but won't be as tested as Judson and will probably lose again.

Rerun
05-19-2005, 09:46 PM
Clemens problem is they can win district, but won't be as tested as Judson and will probably lose again.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/no.gif

TIGER
07-14-2005, 08:39 AM

Dominic James RGV won the 200M at the district meet on San Antonio's field and went to the state meet where I believe he got 6th place. The valley is not lacking speed just depth. The valley constantly has 400M relay teams in the low 42's. Also, the RGV produces some pretty good players. RGV list was pretty complete. The valley currently has a kid Bradley Stephens who the recruits are saying is really opening up the eyes of the colleges as far as athletes in the valley. Considered one of the top RB's in the nation.