PDA

View Full Version : CNN Rankings

Reaganrattler07
08-30-2005, 06:02 PM
Wow, I have never seen worse predictions....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/specials/preview/2005/scout.report/?cnn=yes

dragons08
08-30-2005, 06:52 PM
yea they are pretty bad, the bears are NOT the worst team, i know most of you will agree! plus the skins would have to be lowly ranked because the bears will beat them :D

Reaganrattler07
08-30-2005, 06:58 PM
Haha, I don't anticipate a 4-12 with the Skins....and what's even worse is 10-6 for the Cowgirls! :rolleyes:

It's a shame the Bears have to open their season with an @$$ kicking :D

wide-e-wide
08-30-2005, 07:06 PM
They don't look that bad to me. No way the Vikings make the playoffs without Moss. I pick the Falcons to make it to the NFC title game...and the Steelers will certainly be better than 11-5. But these predictions are not that far off.

Reaganrattler07
08-30-2005, 07:13 PM
They don't look that bad to me. No way the Vikings make the playoffs without Moss. I pick the Falcons to make it to the NFC title game...and the Steelers will certainly be better than 11-5. But these predictions are not that far off.

If they have your team at 10-6, of course ur gonna agree, Wide.....

dragons08
08-30-2005, 07:18 PM
Haha, I don't anticipate a 4-12 with the Skins....and what's even worse is 10-6 for the Cowgirls! :rolleyes:

It's a shame the Bears have to open their season with an @$$ kicking :D
benson could possibly play against the skins, from what ive read, so that will take some pressure off kyle orton, i think this should be a good game, i say..bears win by 1

Reaganrattler07
08-30-2005, 07:22 PM
Redskins are pretty good against the rush.....it'll be a good game nonetheless....Jessica Simpson is gonna play before the game and that's gonna be broadcast to all the other games occuring at the same time.

dragons08
08-30-2005, 07:26 PM
Redskins are pretty good against the rush.....it'll be a good game nonetheless....Jessica Simpson is gonna play before the game and that's gonna be broadcast to all the other games occuring at the same time.
jessica simpson eh, shes hot...but her singing is...well not the best, i hope they show this game nationally where we can see it

Reaganrattler07
08-30-2005, 07:30 PM
jessica simpson eh, shes hot...but her singing is...well not the best, i hope they show this game nationally where we can see it

I hope so, too......If not we could just go to yahoo or something and get the play-by-play. Then we could just talk about the game....

dragons08
08-30-2005, 07:33 PM
I hope so, too......If not we could just go to yahoo or something and get the play-by-play. Then we could just talk about the game....
well i'll probally spend the whole day watching football/nascar, so i'll be out allllllllllll dayyyyyyyyyy, but we can talk after the game, so neither of us look like boneheards when our team loses (your team i mean :D )

Reaganrattler07
08-30-2005, 07:35 PM
well i'll probally spend the whole day watching football/nascar, so i'll be out allllllllllll dayyyyyyyyyy, but we can talk after the game, so neither of us look like boneheards when our team loses (your team i mean :D )

Psh, the only thing that the bears could whip is themselves in the lockeroom!

dragons08
08-30-2005, 07:39 PM
Psh, the only thing that the bears could whip is themselves in the lockeroom!
id laugh if it wasnt dissing my bears, dude come on the bears wont be the worst team, i say they are 3rd in their division

Reaganrattler07
08-30-2005, 07:48 PM
Haha, I don't think they'll be the worst team....I still just think the only things they could 'whip' (beat savagely) is themselves in the lockerroom :D well, maybe they could whip the Cowgirls....but I don't think they play each other...

dragons08
08-30-2005, 07:57 PM
Haha, I don't think they'll be the worst team....I still just think the only things they could 'whip' (beat savagely) is themselves in the lockerroom :D well, maybe they could whip the Cowgirls....but I don't think they play each other...
the boys beat us last yea, pretty bad on turkey day, im not going to consider the skins a great football team just yet, i want to see a few games, i know they have the talent, but can they put it all together

Reaganrattler07
08-30-2005, 08:01 PM
the boys beat us last yea, pretty bad on turkey day, im not going to consider the skins a great football team just yet, i want to see a few games, i know they have the talent, but can they put it all together

That, my friend, is why we have Joe Gibbs and Gregg Williams ;)

Yeah, I sadly remember Turkey Day last year......

dragons08
08-30-2005, 08:04 PM
That, my friend, is why we have Joe Gibbs and Gregg Williams ;)

Yeah, I sadly remember Turkey Day last year......
man the bears used like 3 qbs, all the chicago teams get bit by the injury bug every year, should try to get some new trainers, its getting riduclus, all the injuires, under performing teams, its pissing me off

Reaganrattler07
08-30-2005, 08:21 PM
Chicago's never really had a good quarterback....had very good linemen however....

dragons08
08-30-2005, 08:23 PM
Chicago's never really had a good quarterback....had very good linemen however....
mike mchmahon was a good qb, we had doug flutie for a year or 2 i think, other than that i cant think of any realy good qb coming into chicago

Reaganrattler07
08-30-2005, 08:28 PM
Each team is somewhat infamous for something....Chicago just was really never famous for having outstanding QB's...they have had a good one from time to time...but not like outstanding...

dragons08
08-30-2005, 08:43 PM
Each team is somewhat infamous for something....Chicago just was really never famous for having outstanding QB's...they have had a good one from time to time...but not like outstanding...
the bears are famous for Great RB's and Great Defense, when people first hear bears they think of the 1985 bears, with the frdige, singltary, and of course walter payton, possibly the most dominating team in NFL history

Reaganrattler07
08-30-2005, 08:50 PM
the bears are famous for Great RB's and Great Defense, when people first hear bears they think of the 1985 bears, with the frdige, singltary, and of course walter payton, possibly the most dominating team in NFL history

I remember seeing something that the Dolphins prevented them from going undefeated that year or something?

dragons08
08-30-2005, 08:52 PM
I remember seeing something that the Dolphins prevented them from going undefeated that year or something?
yep, dont know how thats possible, must of been a day when they were out of it, cause it was their year, but either way we got the super bowl

Reaganrattler07
08-30-2005, 08:53 PM
yep, dont know how thats possible, must of been a day when they were out of it, cause it was their year, but either way we got the super bowl

That the year you won it?

Yeah, Chicago has always had good linebackers and good rbs...

wide-e-wide
08-30-2005, 09:54 PM
It's a sad commentary when your team's last Super Bowl came before you were even born. And Redskins88...how old were you when the 'Skins won their last one....let me guess ...'bout 14 months old?...and you talk smack about the Cowboys? Just going off of the last 15 years...Dallas has been in 3 Super Bowls and won all of them...compared to Washington's one?....Now who should be talking smack?

Garland02
08-30-2005, 10:14 PM

It was Jim McMahon, and that defense would get my vote as the best ever.... except for one magical Monday night game in Miami....and maybe Dan Marino's greatest game.

As far as this year, the Bears are still a bad team....sorry. But having CB will make them worth watching, they will need to build around him. The skins have underachieved since Snyder bought the team...maybe Gibbs will do better this year despite Danny sticking his fingers in the pie.

Reaganrattler07
08-30-2005, 10:27 PM
It's a sad commentary when your team's last Super Bowl came before you were even born. And Redskins88...how old were you when the 'Skins won their last one....let me guess ...'bout 14 months old?...and you talk smack about the Cowboys? Just going off of the last 15 years...Dallas has been in 3 Super Bowls and won all of them...compared to Washington's one?....Now who should be talking smack?

Try four years....if I'm 17 i would be born in 1988, and their last one was 1992. The second was a month before I was born.

wide-e-wide
08-30-2005, 10:36 PM
Like I said...Dallas 3 Washington 1
and ummmmmmmm....Chicago...well ummm zero.
I can't believe it has been 20 years since the Bears won the Super Bowl.
And they thumped Dallas 44-0 that year. I think it's still the worst defeat in Cowboys history.

Reaganrattler07
08-30-2005, 10:40 PM
Like I said...Dallas 3 Washington 1
and ummmmmmmm....Chicago...well ummm zero.
I can't believe it has been 20 years since the Bears won the Super Bowl.
And they thumped Dallas 44-0 that year. I think it's still the worst defeat in Cowboys history.

Must've been a wonderful day....

So if you have more of something, that makes you better than them?

wide-e-wide
08-30-2005, 10:43 PM
In what context?
As far as the franchise?...yes. The Cowboys are better historically than the Redskins.
As far as now? It means pretty much nothing. Just that in Jerry's office he has more shiny stuff.

Reaganrattler07
08-30-2005, 10:44 PM
Yeah, neither of those are worth much to either team right now. Unless you can take them out on the field and beat people with it...but that'd be just a waste of a good trophy or two. And Chicago wouldn't wanna bust up their only one...haha, sorry about that dragons...

wide-e-wide
08-30-2005, 10:45 PM
I think the "Fridge" ate their trophy...I could be wrong though.

Reaganrattler07
08-30-2005, 10:46 PM
That or maybe someone stole it in a riot....

wide-e-wide
08-30-2005, 10:49 PM
Ha...no that's Detroit.
When Dallas won the first one against Buffalo...they
had a huge riot right in the middle of the victory parade.
Michael Irvin said he was waiting for somebody to jump up on
the stage and do something stupid. haha Good ol' Mike..I miss
that dude.

Reaganrattler07
08-30-2005, 10:51 PM
It's good to see a city celebrating over something....but they take it a lil too far when they start overturning cars and lighting random things on fire...

wide-e-wide
08-30-2005, 10:55 PM
Like the LA riots. They got pissed at the police dept. ...so they destroyed and burned down THEIR OWN neighborhood? What the hell? Why didn't you go to their neighborhood and do that? Don't destroy your own neighborhood.

If your gonna be stupid....at least be smart about it. (that's a Wideman original you can use it if you like)

Reaganrattler07
08-30-2005, 10:58 PM
Haha, that is a good one.

But if they are "smart" about it...they wouldn't be doing it in the first place would they? I saw on tv some guy who was caught in the middle of a riot and claimed "he wasn't a part of it"....he claimed he was in his apartment and saw a freaking riot going on outside and decided "hmm, im hungry" so he went outside and just started walking around.....and the police arrested him.

Slim-Rob
08-31-2005, 10:55 PM
LOL, Cowboys 10-6, then a win in the Wild Card. I love my 'boys, but I don't see that happening this year. The 49er's and Bears are the worst teams until they prove otherwise, and I think the Redskins will pull a few more wins then that.