PDA

View Full Version : 32-5A Div I Representatives.

TEAMFALCON
11-11-2006, 02:11 PM
10-0 Los Fresnos Falcons
Impact Players: Springer, Campos, Springer,Benavides,Mata
8-2 Weslaco Panthers
Impact Players: Mishak, Mishak (said it twice, you'll see why), Dylan Deleon, Cabrera

Firebird
11-11-2006, 02:22 PM
All the teams from the valley will be out after the third round. I'm even a Valley fan, but that's how it is. None of the valley teams have the kind of talent its gonna take. Maybe next year.

CKE
11-11-2006, 02:26 PM
All the teams from the valley will be out after the third round. I'm even a Valley fan, but that's how it is. None of the valley teams have the kind of talent its gonna take. Maybe next year.

But ill tell you what when we play san benito and were killing them all game they were one of the classest team I have ever played

Firebird
11-11-2006, 02:27 PM
You are the first person to ever use the words "San Benito" and "classy" together in one sentance since the dawn of time.

CKE
11-11-2006, 02:30 PM
You are the first person to ever use the words "San Benito" and "classy" together in one sentance since the dawn of time.

So I have heard but it is true they just played the game and didnt say a word.

Firebird
11-11-2006, 02:32 PM
Go visit this link:http://www.texasescapes.com/Music/Images/FreddyFenderTearDropFallsSanBenito206KRudine.jpg

It'll tell you everything about San Benny you need to know.

TEAMFALCON
11-11-2006, 02:35 PM
Come on now. Let's get back the subject.

I happen to like 32-5A's chances this year for a good playoff showing.

SeguinMatadors
11-11-2006, 02:37 PM
Come on now. Let's get back the subject.

I happen to like 32-5A's chances this year for a good playoff showing.

If Seguin were to advance that far I highly doubt you guys have the kind of athletes to take us down. I could be wrong.

Firebird
11-11-2006, 02:38 PM
32-5a will make the best showing this year of all the valley districts in the PO's....I see perhaps two teams making it to the 3rd round, Weslaco and LF.

But no one is going to make any history this year and get past SA. Sorry Team Falcon.

TEAMFALCON
11-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Let me email the coach and tell him that Firebird said to quit if we have to play a team from SA.

Make history? Are you serious? RGV teams HAVE beat SA team before......do your research.

Firebird
11-11-2006, 02:52 PM
No, they aren't but I haven't seen anything from Los Fresnos this year that suggests to me that they are the ones that are going to do it this year. It's going to take a very, very good team playing a weak SA team for that to happen, as it did with Edinburg in 1999.

This happens all the time. Some 5a valley team has put together an undefeated season for the first time in forever, and now THEY are going to be the ones to go farther than anyone else.

I'm a Harlingen fan. Unlike Los Fresnos folks, I've seen my team play in the 3rd year after year, and I know what it's going to take for a valley team to get over that hump. And there isn't a valley team that's going to do it this year.

TEAMFALCON
11-11-2006, 02:53 PM
Hey Seguin,

I'd like to think, especially this year, that the Falcons have the talent. Weslaco also has a RB that could run with the BEST of the RB's in the state.

What kind of athletes are you referring too? I can give you some more info on the players.

TEAMFALCON
11-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Ah.......so that Edinburg doesnt count? Nice one.

EE beat a SA team this year.... oh wait........that team doesn't count either...

more?

You're a Cardinal fan huh, that would explain it. Not over the butt kicking your great cardinals got from a team in just their 3rd year in 5A.

Man the Cardinals got whipped. Heck the first 2 games that the Falcons lost to was a heck of a lot closer than the spanking the Falcons gave you great cards this year.

And next year will be the same.

How long have the Cards been in 5A?.......

SeguinMatadors
11-11-2006, 02:58 PM
Hey Seguin,

I'd like to think, especially this year, that the Falcons have the talent. Weslaco also has a RB that could run with the BEST of the RB's in the state.

What kind of athletes are you referring too? I can give you some more info on the players.

I am talking 6 or 7 athletes that might end up signing D1 letters of intent. And not small D1, quite a few signing with Big 12 schools. It is not like we are a bad team, though. We have a good team and talent.

BeauxGeezy
Hey Seguin,

I'm 32 years old and about as quick as a fat weanie dog chasing a tennis ball....but I bet I could start at RB in the valley.

Firebird
Hey Seguin,

No. Mishak Rivas is an excellent valley back, but there is only one true blue chip player in the valley this season, and his name is Bradley Stephens. Rivas would be riding the pine behind players like Stephens or Whitaker.

Los Fresnos will likely get Seguin, Judson, or Austin Westlake. Seguin is stacked with D1A talent this year. Judson and Westlake are perennial December playoff pictures. I'll take any of them over LF without even a second thought.

Firebird
11-11-2006, 03:00 PM
Ah.......so that Edinburg doesnt count? Nice one.

EE beat a SA team this year.... oh wait........that team doesn't count either...

more?

You're a Cardinal fan huh, that would explain it. Not over the butt kicking your great cardinals got from a team in just their 3rd year in 5A.

Man the Cardinals got whipped. Heck the first 2 games that the Falcons lost to was a heck of a lot closer than the spanking the Falcons gave you great cards this year.

And next year will be the same.

How long have the Cards been in 5A?.......

When's the last time Los Fresnos went 3 deep in ANY playoffs....tell me about that.

EE beat a SA 4a team, and that doesn't compare with SA 5a. Edinburg played a SA team that snuck into the playoffs with a 4-6 record, and they were one of the best valley teams I have ever seen. Los Fresnos doesn't have it.

SeguinMatadors
11-11-2006, 03:01 PM
http://texaspreps.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=38&Itemid=38

Here are some highlights of 3 of our players thanks to Brad@SunshinePreps

TEAMFALCON
11-11-2006, 03:01 PM
hahahahahahhahaah Firebird...

In the words of Frank the Tank, "Your crazy man...your crazy..I like you but your crazY"

http://home.austin.rr.com/ckato/frank1.jpg

The Dude
11-11-2006, 03:06 PM
hey...atleast he's(falcon) got a lot of faith in his team. Gotta admire that! (although I know he's wrong) :D

TEAMFALCON
11-11-2006, 03:09 PM
It would be great to get to the third round.

You can visit www.teamfalcon.net to view video of all the games to view some video of the the athletes below.

QB-6'4 QB 2600 yards 31 TD and 9 rushing TD's
MLB-6'4 220 lbs Def. Player of the Year
6'4 265 OL Benavides-great athlete
6'3 250 OL Atkinson-great pulling tackle
6'0 DE- Good Defensive End
5'10 WR-1000+ rec yards 15 TD's

Firebird
11-11-2006, 04:16 PM
I'M crazy? You're on here talking about how LF is going to get past Westlake, Judson, or a Seguin Team with at least 5 DIA athletes, and I'm crazy? You're on here comparing Mishak Rivas weslaco with Tatum's Creer (Florida, Miami, Georgia, Nebrska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Tennessee or A&M--whew), Mc. Memorial's Stephens (A&M), Pearland's Whitaker (Texas) and Dallas Madison's McNeal (A&M) and I'm crazy. Who is Rivas fielding offers from?

I laugh, my friend. Look, you have no idea what awaits Los Fresons in the third round. Who ever you play, it will probably be the best team LF has ever faced since LF started playing football.

If you think I'm crazy, tell my what is so much different about this year's Los Fresnos teams than all the other valley teams sporting great records that have gotten smacked down by SA/Austin teams over the years.

BeauxGeezy
11-11-2006, 04:18 PM
The rest of the state of Texas> The valley

this message was brought to you by Miller Lite and our sponsor Captain Obvious.

TEAMFALCON
11-11-2006, 08:32 PM
hahahahahahah

Firebird....I like you...hahaha "Your crazy man...your crazy..I like you but your crazY"

The Cards are going to get WHIPPED by Rivas and the Weslaco Panthers.

Panthers 48 Cards 14

I came in here talking about a good showing in the playoffs and you didn't hear me mention beating Judson, Seguin, etc.....

But Why not?

Oh and Rivas is a JR.

Firebird
11-11-2006, 09:52 PM
hahahahahahah

Firebird....I like you...hahaha "Your crazy man...your crazy..I like you but your crazY"

The Cards are going to get WHIPPED by Rivas and the Weslaco Panthers.

Panthers 48 Cards 14

I came in here talking about a good showing in the playoffs and you didn't hear me mention beating Judson, Seguin, etc.....

But Why not?

Oh and Rivas is a JR.
Listen up, kid:

A. I already stated that I fully expected Weslaco and Los Fresnos to advance three deep. Weslaco is a better team than Harlingen this year. I deal in reality.

B. You posted on this very thread that you thought that this year Los Fresnos has the talent to take down Seguin. Go back and read again.
You need a history lesson, kid. Here are the valley teams that have won a third round playoff game in 5a:

1989 Harlingen
1990 Mission
1999 Edinburg

Here are the valley teams that have LOST third round games in 5a:

1982 Edinburg
1983 Edinburg
1984 Edinburg
1987 Mission
1988 Harlingen
1990 PSJA
1991 Weslaco
1992 McAllen
1994 Harlingen
1995 Harlingen South
1996 Harlingen
1997 Harlingen
1998 Edinburg
1998 Rio Grande City
1998 McAllen Rowe
1999 Brownsville Rivera
2000 Edinburg
2003 Harlingen
2003 PSJA North
2004 La Joya
2004 San Benito
2005 Harlingen
2005 PSJA

Your job is to tell me why Los Fresnos belongs on the short list, not the long list. Simply typing HAHAHAHAHAHA doens't count

C. If Mishak Rivas was truly one of the state's best RB's he would be getting offers or at least calls in his junior year. Stephens had already committed to A&M before the season started.

TEAMFALCON
11-11-2006, 10:17 PM
Firebird said, "But no one is going to make any history this year and get past SA. Sorry Team Falcon"

Thank you for proving my point amigo.

My buddies and I are laughing (while we watch the Texas game) at how long it took to complete your homework that I assigned.

hahahahhaa

Firebird
11-11-2006, 10:40 PM
Firebird said, "But no one is going to make any history this year and get past SA. Sorry Team Falcon"

Thank you for proving my point amigo.

My buddies and I are laughing (while we watch the Texas game) at how long it took to complete your homework that I assigned.

hahahahhaa

If you don't consider a valley team advancing past the third round for only the 4th time ever historical, then what is?

TEAMFALCON
11-11-2006, 11:14 PM
Oh...I'm sorry for not being able to read what you ACTUALLY meant (rolling eyes)

Weslaco 48 Deadbirds 14

Firebird
11-11-2006, 11:18 PM
Oh...I'm sorry for not being able to read what you ACTUALLY meant (rolling eyes)

Weslaco 48 Deadbirds 14

Learn to use this: :rolleyes: It's much more effective.

And the game hasn't been played yet--did you catch K-State v Texas tonight?

TEAMFALCON
11-11-2006, 11:51 PM
Ok...now you're crossing the line.....

That Kansas win will have an astrisk next to it.

Firebird
11-12-2006, 12:02 AM
Ok...now you're crossing the line.....

That Kansas win will have an astrisk next to it.

Why? Becaus TeamFalcon says so.....

Good luck in the PO's Falcon, I would love to see a valley school make a run.

But honestly, this isn't the year.

TEAMFALCON
11-12-2006, 12:06 AM
This isn't the year? Why because firebird said so (in a child's voice).

Firebird
11-12-2006, 12:18 AM
Kid, so far you've played with words and posted some of the dumbest stuff I've ever seen....

Yet you have yet to make a convincing arguement WHY LF can join Harlingen, Edinburg and Mission....

the onus is on you. Prove it.

TEAMFALCON
11-12-2006, 12:24 AM
the onus is on you, prove it (in a childs voice)

PLEASE..

Weslaco 56
Cards 7

Firebird
11-12-2006, 12:21 PM
OK.....

1. Los Fresnos is playing in only its third year of 5a football. Even when they were tearing up the 4a ranks, Los Fresnos never fielded a team capable of getting past the coastal bend 4a powers--CC Calallen and Gregory Portland. They have never played a team from out of the valley in 5a. Their lack of PO experience is going to hurt them against deep, experienced SA/Austin schools.

2. Los Fresnos just finished playing perhaps the weakest district slate in the state. Plus, their non-district slate was no great shakes,either--and I include the Cardinals in that statement. They have never been truly challenged, and I don't see them winning a close game against an upstate team that has survived the brutal schedule the 26-5a or Austin area powers get through each year.

3. Los Fresnos has some great starting athletes for the valley. But they don't have the depth the upstate teams do. The starters are going to get worn down, especially on the o and d line, against the much larger teams you see in third round. Plus, outside of the stars, like Springer, Los Fresnos' talent won't match up.

Take your weak stuff back to the rgvsports board. You can't contribute a single worthwhile football post, so until you do, all you are posting is hot air.

SeguinMatadors
11-12-2006, 12:23 PM
OK.....

1. Los Fresnos is playing in only its third year of 5a football. Even when they were tearing up the 4a ranks, Los Fresnos never fielded a team capable of getting past the coastal bend 4a powers--CC Calallen and Gregory Portland. They have never played a team from out of the valley in 5a. Their lack of PO experience is going to hurt them against deep, experienced SA/Austin schools.

2. Los Fresnos just finished playing perhaps the weakest district slate in the state. Plus, their non-district slate was no great shakes,either--and I include the Cardinals in that statement. They have never been truly challenged, and I don't see them winning a close game against an upstate team that has survived the brutal schedule the 26-5a or Austin area powers get through each year.

3. Los Fresnos has some great starting athletes for the valley. But they don't have the depth the upstate teams do. The starters are going to get worn down, especially on the o and d line, against the much larger teams you see in third round. Plus, outside of the stars, like Springer, Los Fresnos' talent won't match up.

Take your weak stuff back to the rgvsports board. You can't contribute a single worthwhile football post, so until you do, all you are posting is hot air.

Book it, Dano.

Firebird
11-12-2006, 12:39 PM
Book it, Dano.

The weak schedule is a KILLER, Seguin. If and when a valley team gets past one of the upstate powers again, I don't think its going to be one of these 10-0 teams that has run roughshod against the competition down in the valley. I see it time and time again-- these teams come out and don't quite know what to do when the other team isn't just laying down for them.

This happened with the very best valley team I have ever seen in person, the 1994 Harlingen Cardinal team(talent-wise, I think they beat out the 1989 team that beat Austin LBJ). That team lost 29-20 against Judson in Corpus Christi, in a game where Harlingen scored most of its points and shut out Judson in the 2nd half. What killed that team was the fact that Judson came out and hit them in the mouth and didn't just roll over to them and their all-state running back.

When it happens, it will be a very good team playing in a year that the entire valley is above-par. They will have survived some scares, perhaps even dropped a game. These undefeated teams that beat up on a weak area can't handle it when they face a competitive team.

Firebird
11-12-2006, 01:28 PM
Falcon, do you think these numbers might have played a role in Welsaco's and Los Fresnos' gaudy records and scores:

Brownsville Hanna: 1-9
Brownsville Rivera: 1-9
Brownsville Porter: 1-9
Brownsville Pace: 3-7
Brownsville Lopez: 5-5
San Benito: 7-3
Weslaco: 8-2
LF: 10-0

32-5a had only three teams above .500.....and they played valley schedules:eek: Three...count 'em... THREE teams in that district with one win.

That's why I have doubts about serious playoff noise coming from 32-5 or any valley district.

SeguinMatadors
11-12-2006, 01:31 PM
Falcon, do you think these numbers might have played a role in Welsaco's and Los Fresnos' gaudy records and scores:

Brownsville Hanna: 1-9
Brownsville Rivera: 1-9
Brownsville Porter: 1-9
Brownsville Pace: 3-7
Brownsville Lopez: 5-5
San Benito: 7-3
Weslaco: 8-2
LF: 10-0

32-5a had only three teams above .500.....and they played valley schedules:eek: Three...count 'em... THREE teams in that district with one win.

That's why I have doubts about serious playoff noise coming from 32-5 or any valley district.

Boy, they play some great football down in Brownsville don't they? :eek:

Firebird
11-12-2006, 01:37 PM
Boy, they play some great football down in Brownsville don't they? :eek:

Those teams are just lucky they got to play each other...they wouldnt have any wins otherwise.

TEAMFALCON
11-12-2006, 03:58 PM
Whay are you so upset??

Talking about the 90 something cards.....oh boy...get over it.

Yeah, the Falcons did have to play the brownsville schools, and you're right they should have decided to play in a tought district...since thy can choose what district to play in.(rolling eye and shaking a yoohoo)

We scheduled harlingen because they are....or were..the program to beat, It's not our fault we swept the floor with them....they also made the playoffs...they'll get beat...though..

Take a look at your beloved schedule of your cards.

Weslaco 60
birdies 7

Firebird
11-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Who's upset?

So far you've come on here doing nothing but talking smack against Harlingen, a program with more playoff apperances, po wins, total wins, and district championships than the Los Fresnos can ever dream about. You continue to do so despite the fact that I have stated numerous times that the Cardinals are indeed down this year that I don't expect them to get past Weslaco in the first round. And, by the way, Harlingen's schedule isn't something to write home about, but I guarantee it didn't include three 1-9 Brownsville teams.

Next you proclaim Mishak Rivas as one of the best RB's in the state. That alone disqualifies you from speaking as though you know something about Texas football. Then you say, and I quote "why not" when I tell you that LF doesn't have a chance to advance past the 3rd round of the playoffs. II've told you why, and you came back with....more Harlingen smack talk. Obsession noted.

No, Los Fresnos doesn't get to choose its district. But, the fact remains, their schedule hasn't prepared them for a long playoff run.

Instead of talking smack, tell us Falcon--what is so special about Los Fresnos this year? So far, you've told us nothing about your team, save for a few measurments and your subjective opinions of four players.

Until that time, you're just somebody playing on his dads internet.

Firebird
11-12-2006, 04:12 PM
Should read..."subjective opinions of a FEW players".

TEAMFALCON
11-12-2006, 04:33 PM
ahahahah (pointing at screen)

I like you firbird.......

I can always count on a good laugh when you respond.