PDA

View Full Version : No. 5 Macarthur vs. No. (3) Madison

Mac Is Back
10-22-2006, 08:30 AM
Who wins, and thus is the final playoff team in 26-5A? Score?

eingedikid
10-22-2006, 08:35 AM
Who wins, and thus is the final playoff team in 26-5A? Score?I would highly suspect this goes to Mac, although the battle for fourth may actually still be between Reagan and Judson when all's said and done. If Judson goes down against SV, they will need to get out of their funk fast or else Reagan will be more than happy to crash Judson's playoff plans, and return the favor from the year before.

jrock210
10-22-2006, 09:20 AM
I would highly suspect this goes to Mac, although the battle for fourth may actually still be between Reagan and Judson when all's said and done. If Judson goes down against SV, they will need to get out of their funk fast or else Reagan will be more than happy to crash Judson's playoff plans, and return the favor from the year before.
judson has only 1 district loss and if they lose to sv they WILL come out and beat reagan

baylordad
10-22-2006, 09:51 AM
Madison by 3

SAdude58
10-22-2006, 07:36 PM
Madison can't spot Mac any points and the "D" they have to key on Craig on runs. We found a passing game, abit late. but now let's mix it up with the running of devin thomas and maybe we can get back to scoring big points the way we have early in the season. MAVS by 6

Mac Is Back
10-22-2006, 09:18 PM
Madison's lack of defense is what makes the difference in this game. Mac can play D when called upon to do so and Madison's shaky passing game won't be enough to overcome Macarthur's multi-weapon offense.

This game is similar to Mac-Churchill - mostly offense, with a few key defensive stands.

Macarthur 35
Madison 27

zippy
10-22-2006, 09:25 PM
Madison's lack of defense is what makes the difference in this game. Mac can play D when called upon to do so and Madison's shaky passing game won't be enough to overcome Macarthur's multi-weapon offense.

This game is similar to Mac-Churchill - mostly offense, with a few key defensive stands.

Macarthur 35
Madison 27

I agree. If they can slow Thomas down, its going to be a good game. However, QB number 4 for Madison showed some light to their passing game. He came in for the starting QB the other night and looked good. If they have trouble with Thomas, and #4 playes, then Madison should win the game. If not, I agree with the score you predicted. If Mac had a decent defense, they would be capable of going VERY deep in the playoffs.

Mac Is Back
10-22-2006, 09:33 PM
I agree. If they can slow Thomas down, its going to be a good game. However, QB number 4 for Madison showed some light to their passing game. He came in for the starting QB the other night and looked good. If they have trouble with Thomas, and #4 playes, then Madison should win the game. If not, I agree with the score you predicted. If Mac had a decent defense, they would be capable of going VERY deep in the playoffs.

Madison showed signs of a passing game against Churchill, but unfortunately it was rocky at best. There were far too many incompletions. And against a team who boasts potentially the most dangerous offense in the district, you can't afford to go into 3 and outs on dropped passes.

Mac knows Thomas is going to get the ball. Now, because of the Churchill game, they also know that Madison may throw the ball around. Mac plays very good pass protection, IMO, and if they can limit Thomas like Churchill did then this one should be a thriller in favor of Mac. I just hope we're ready to play.

zippy
10-22-2006, 09:42 PM
Madison showed signs of a passing game against Churchill, but unfortunately it was rocky at best. There were far too many incompletions. And against a team who boasts potentially the most dangerous offense in the district, you can't afford to go into 3 and outs on dropped passes.

Mac knows Thomas is going to get the ball. Now, because of the Churchill game, they also know that Madison may throw the ball around. Mac plays very good pass protection, IMO, and if they can limit Thomas like Churchill did then this one should be a thriller in favor of Mac. I just hope we're ready to play.

Madison did not look so good in the first half passing. The score reflected that. However, they took the starting QB out and replaced him with #4 (not sure of his name), and he completed some key throws. The second half comeback reflected this. Also, Churchill did not stop Thomas so much, Madison just did not use him. When they did, he had some good gains. They did stop him up the middle, but he would gain 6+ yards every time he went outside. Madison just was not sending in the outside run plays. Honestly, I dont know what Madison is doing. They have a good passing QB (#4). They have an outstanding RB. Their defense is OK. I dont see why they do not give to Thomas and let him hit the sideline. Do this left, right, left, right. Maybe a couple up the middle, then go play action with #4 in there. DO NOT run the QB. This cost them late in the game. You have Thomas, give it to him. I would like to hear from Madison fans, who is the backup that played the 2nd half, and why is he not playing more? What happened to the starter Saturday? I know he was not hurt because he was playing on special teams.

Mac Is Back
10-22-2006, 09:48 PM
Madison did not look so good in the first half passing. The score reflected that. However, they took the starting QB out and replaced him with #4 (not sure of his name), and he completed some key throws. The second half comeback reflected this. Also, Churchill did not stop Thomas so much, Madison just did not use him. When they did, he had some good gains. They did stop him up the middle, but he would gain 6+ yards every time he went outside. Madison just was not sending in the outside run plays. Honestly, I dont know what Madison is doing. They have a good passing QB (#4). They have an outstanding RB. Their defense is OK. I dont see why they do not give to Thomas and let him hit the sideline. Do this left, right, left, right. Maybe a couple up the middle, then go play action with #4 in there. DO NOT run the QB. This cost them late in the game. You have Thomas, give it to him. I would like to hear from Madison fans, who is the backup that played the 2nd half, and why is he not playing more? What happened to the starter Saturday? I know he was not hurt because he was playing on special teams.

Mylar, I thought was his name.

Mac-Madison boasts the following:

1) 2 very strong teams offensively
2) 2 very efficient running backs
3) a rush-based offensive against a multiweapon offense

Honestly, I think Mac can play far better defense than Madison. Notice the word 'can'. It's key.

Kevin Schmid is a tremendous passer and can hit any one of his top 3 receivers (Loftin, Odom, Chambers) or hand it off to Craig or Schraim.

The key to Mac's defense is forcing broken plays and turnovers, something they did well against Taft, Churchill, and Roosevelt.

Madison may be pissed about 2 straight losses, but Mac can smell the playoffs and is hungry. It probably doesn't help that Mac guns for Madison more than any other team every year.

Tough call, but this is the game that will end a season and extend another.

zippy
10-22-2006, 09:56 PM

Honestly, I think Mac can play far better defense than Madison. Notice the word 'can'. It's key.

Kevin Schmid is a tremendous passer and can hit any one of his top 3 receivers (Loftin, Odom, Chambers) or hand it off to Craig or Schraim.

The key to Mac's defense is forcing broken plays and turnovers, something they did well against Taft, Churchill, and Roosevelt.

Madison may be pissed about 2 straight losses, but Mac can smell the playoffs and is hungry. It probably doesn't help that Mac guns for Madison more than any other team every year.

Yea Myler, they took him out and put in #4 (not Myler) at the half. This is a big reason for the close comeback. Madison will be pissed, but this might hurt them more then help. If anyone has a Churchill/Madison box score that will be great!

Mac Is Back
10-22-2006, 10:00 PM
Yea Myler, they took him out and put in #4 (not Myler) at the half. This is a big reason for the close comeback. Madison will be pissed, but this might hurt them more then help. If anyone has a Churchill/Madison box score that will be great!

Lack of focus?

>Churchill 0 10 (10) 17 0 27
Madison 0 0 (0) 6 14 20

I think this is about it.

nevaplayedk9
10-22-2006, 10:40 PM
mac should win, but nothing guaranteed in the 26-5

SAdude58
10-23-2006, 06:33 AM
#4 was Bryan Ehrlich. he was JV. mylar had his bell rung early in the game and sat out afew and ehrlich was doing such a great job moving the team, they stuck with him. Good JOB young man. Let's see if they stick with him against Mac.

zippy
10-23-2006, 12:39 PM
#4 was Bryan Ehrlich. he was JV. mylar had his bell rung early in the game and sat out afew and ehrlich was doing such a great job moving the team, they stuck with him. Good JOB young man. Let's see if they stick with him against Mac.

Thanks for the info. I did see Mylar take 3 or 4 solid hits. That last one looked to knock him silly before the half. I just didnt understand why he came out after the half and played on the KO return team. Then he punted later. Thanks for clearing that up. Its going to be interesting to see if they play him this week. He did a great job passing. Not so great running, but that is why they have Thomas right?? Better combo than Thomas/Mylar IMO.

SAdude58
10-23-2006, 06:03 PM
True better como with thomas/mylar if you want to run and forget the pass. mylar passing is not great, he thows high and behind the receivers. some passed that he thew against judson were high and not giving the guys to catch with #4 B.E. better passing QB good vision on receivers, but the not the best runner like mylar. he fumbled on a drive in the churchill red zone that could have put points in the first half, thats why they have thomas. I would thomas more offen now that the season and playoff's is on the line.

svhorns
10-23-2006, 06:11 PM
Madison- 45

MacArthur- 41

shooter
10-23-2006, 09:37 PM

that's funny!

Mac Is Back
10-23-2006, 10:30 PM
I can't WAIT for this game...
I've been nervous about it all day. :rolleyes:

jrock210
10-23-2006, 10:34 PM
to close to call in my book

zippy
10-23-2006, 10:36 PM
that's funny!

was that sarcastic? Was this not the case, or did you really think it was just funny?

mad_fan
10-24-2006, 06:01 AM
was that sarcastic? Was this not the case, or did you really think it was just funny?

I read it like the Shooter has more info than the Dude...

mad_fan
10-24-2006, 06:35 AM
Finally made my pick on this one...it'll be a three score game...

SAdude58
10-24-2006, 06:43 AM
Funny!! Im just hoping that my MAV's do the right thing and stick with I think would be best to get the win. like some people are saying madison is a running team with no passing offense, mix it up streety!! the playoffs is on the line. win or stay home.

Mean DT
10-24-2006, 01:34 PM
Mac will win this one by 10.

JRocketMan
10-24-2006, 04:37 PM
Madison looks like a down and out team right now. Im not saying their giving up, but things arent clicking for them right now and this is when it should be. They will face a very hungry Mac team with a very good offense. I'll have to give this to Mac, it will be close. But I give Mac the nod on this one.

Mac Is Back
10-24-2006, 07:12 PM
On the contrary, I wasn't thinking of Madison as down and out at all - but rather angry, which could lead to a lack of focus.

I walked into the coaches' office today and they were reviewing the film from the Churchill-Mac game.

...which means offense. And lots of it. :D

ourgalsal
10-24-2006, 07:24 PM
Madison is very, very, young on both sides of the ball plus their QB is hurt.

zippy
10-24-2006, 07:54 PM
Madison is very, very, young on both sides of the ball plus their QB is hurt.

Did their QB get hurt in practice? Because in the game, once he went out, he was back in later but just not at the QB position.

Mac Is Back
10-24-2006, 08:21 PM
Mac will win this one by 10.

God willing. :D

DiamondJ2
10-24-2006, 08:30 PM
Time for the senior laden Brahmas to step up. The seniors on Mac's team have taken their lumps the past two years, and now it's up to them to take it one more step--playoffs. Offensively, Mac has been playing well since the Judson game, but defense is suspect at times. Madison can score in a heartbeat. If Thomas can be contained, as he has been the last couple of games, then Mac should win. The M&M Bowl should be exciting and just another typical 26-5A game. Go Brahmas.

Mac Is Back
10-24-2006, 08:33 PM
Time for the senior laden Brahmas to step up. The seniors on Mac's team have taken their lumps the past two years, and now it's up to them to take it one more step--playoffs. Offensively, Mac has been playing well since the Judson game, but defense is suspect at times. Madison can score in a heartbeat. If Thomas can be contained, as he has been the last couple of games, then Mac should win. The M&M Bowl should be exciting and just another typical 26-5A game. Go Brahmas.

Mac has shown they CAN play defense. Now they just have to. Roosevelt, while not boasting a high powered offense, fell victim to Mac's potential on defense after being shutout 42-0 until about 6 minutes to play last week when the second string came in.

However, Macarthur also showed that they can keep pace offensively with other high powered teams (Churchill) If Mac can limit Thomas, and force key turnovers and be efficient -- as they have been -- on offense, then this very overdue victory goes to the boys in blue.

mad_fan
10-25-2006, 06:22 AM
Mac has shown they CAN play defense. Now they just have to. Roosevelt, while not boasting a high powered offense, fell victim to Mac's potential on defense after being shutout 42-0 until about 6 minutes to play last week when the second string came in.

However, Macarthur also showed that they can keep pace offensively with other high powered teams (Churchill) If Mac can limit Thomas, and force key turnovers and be efficient -- as they have been -- on offense, then this very overdue victory goes to the boys in blue.

Madison's red zone turnovers certainly helped Churchill last weekend... :mad:

SAdude58
10-25-2006, 06:28 AM
#12 Matt Towne was hurt during the SV game, something with the knees. Towne and Mylar were taking turns at QB during the season but MYlar got the position wirh #4 erdich as his backup. #4 never got to play snap til late in the wagner game.now that mylar got his bell rung in the churchill game question will be will streety go back to mylar or start erdich. I say stay with mylar and if he has problems moving the team switch.

Mac Is Back
10-25-2006, 07:58 PM
I want to see how Mac heads into this game...what kind of attitude they bring.

Gridiron Gopher
10-25-2006, 08:02 PM
Both teams will come with everything they have. This game decides their playoff lives. Both teams have at least one game after this (Mac 2, Mad 1) but the winner would have to collapse to miss the playoffs.

Mac Is Back
10-25-2006, 08:04 PM
Both teams will come with everything they have. This game decides their playoff lives. Both teams have at least one game after this (Mac 2, Mad 1) but the winner would have to collapse to miss the playoffs.

Mac is surging (2 straight wins) and Madison is reeling (2 straight losses). Who's hungrier?

Madison could win, then lose to Roos and Mac would have to beat Wagner and Lee to get back in.

zippy
10-25-2006, 08:15 PM
#12 Matt Towne was hurt during the SV game, something with the knees. Towne and Mylar were taking turns at QB during the season but MYlar got the position wirh #4 erdich as his backup. #4 never got to play snap til late in the wagner game.now that mylar got his bell rung in the churchill game question will be will streety go back to mylar or start erdich. I say stay with mylar and if he has problems moving the team switch.

#4 took the first snap after the half, and played the rest of the game against Wagner.

Gridiron Gopher
10-25-2006, 08:19 PM
Mac is surging (2 straight wins) and Madison is reeling (2 straight losses). Who's hungrier?

Madison could win, then lose to Roos and Mac would have to beat Wagner and Lee to get back in.

Yes Madison has lost their last two games but that doesn't matter for this game. Again it comes down to matchups. Mac will have to prove they can "contain" Devon Thomas. They won't stop him but they have to contain him. They've played against him since junior high so they know how tough he is. Madison does bring a new option this week depending on the QB they play but they will still live and die with Devon Thomas.
Mac will again challenge with their spread offense and can Madison matchup against it. Madison hasn't played against any team that will spread them out like Mac will.
With all that said, it will still come down to who's defense plays the best. If Mac can't control Madison's running game then Mac's offense doesn't get on the field. If you look at Mac's game's this year that has been the theme in all but one game (Churchill). They lost to SV and Judson and SV controlled the clock for most of the game to keep Mac off the field. While Judson did give up a ton of passing yds to Mac (334yds) they didn't allow them to get into the endzone and in the 2nd half Judson controlled the clock to keep Mac off the field.
I like Mac in this game because of their defense. It's not filled with high profile players but they all play a blue collar type of ball and they play like a "team". It should be a great game and it's a shame that one of these teams will be watching the playoffs when it's all said and done.

shooter
10-25-2006, 10:45 PM
#4 took the first snap after the half, and played the rest of the game against Wagner.

That's funny also, and it's WRONG as well!

Reaganrattler07
10-25-2006, 10:52 PM
judson has only 1 district loss and if they lose to sv they WILL come out and beat reagan

Musta hit a nerve there...

Reaganrattler07
10-25-2006, 10:54 PM

I've said this before. Madison doesn't even know what the word defense means. This is gonna be one hell of a shoot out and luck is going to play a factor. 'Luck' as in the ball bouncing certain ways.

I say the score will be something like 53-49. Toss up to who wins.

SeguinMatadors
10-25-2006, 10:55 PM
Mad by 35. Take it to the bank. My Madison sources tell me they aren't even worried about this one... that it should be over by half. Yes, its me with the inside information.

Reaganrattler07
10-25-2006, 11:01 PM
Mad by 35. Take it to the bank. My Madison sources tell me they aren't even worried about this one... that it should be over by half. Yes, its me with the inside information.

Madison has been known to get overconfident.....

SeguinMatadors
10-25-2006, 11:03 PM
Madison has been known to get overconfident.....

They tell me that it is going to be a complete anialation. That they will be embarrased if it is even close at halftime. Mac better watch out because Madisons defense see's something on film that they can key off on to get a jump on the snap count.

Reaganrattler07
10-25-2006, 11:05 PM
They tell me that it is going to be a complete anialation. That they will be embarrased if it is even close at halftime. Mac better watch out because Madisons defense see's something on film that they can key off on to get a jump on the snap count.

Don't go tipping their hand....

I'd like to see Madison win. But for other reasons than my dislike for Mac.

rebel27
10-26-2006, 10:34 AM
Who wins, and thus is the final playoff team in 26-5A? Score?
I think Madison is pretty much finished and I have reasons why I say this. 1. Devon Thomas is slowing down. Since the huge game versus Reagan, he has been "held" to somewhere around 140-150 yds a game. The Madison coaching staff has moved his starting fullback, Mike Williams, #24, to defensive end and they continously run the youngster between the tackles with no lead blocker. DT is only 165 soaking wet and being the guy with the bullseye on his chest, taking away such a devestating blocker as Williams' has been has taken it's toll.

2. The defense is too young and inexperienced. Their new starting free safety, Mario Wiggins, #23, who just returned a game or so ago from injury, will lead the team in tackles. Having your free safety lead your team in tackles says it all for me. Mac will hit'em for 7-8 yards a pop and will wear these guys down.

3. The high of the big Seguin win has worn off. They were riding high after that win and had hopes of challenging for a playoff spot in the 26-5a. After losses to SV, J-Rock, and the Church, the top three teams in the District this year, emotionally I think it will be too much to bear, playing the one other team that is fighting for that final playoff spot. They started out well but I think the returning nucleus of that team will fair much better next year.

nevaplayedk9
10-26-2006, 10:37 AM
tru dat!

HOOKEM
10-26-2006, 12:22 PM
I would highly suspect this goes to Mac, although the battle for fourth may actually still be between Reagan and Judson when all's said and done. If Judson goes down against SV, they will need to get out of their funk fast or else Reagan will be more than happy to crash Judson's playoff plans, and return the favor from the year before.
You are on something?
Reagan will be 3-4 in district after they get smacked by SV this week end. They have no shot a post season. Madison beats Mac and JR is in because they have the head to head against both....Reserve your tickets now for round 1 of the playoffs.

rebel27
10-26-2006, 12:32 PM

I guess you have Judson beating Lee this week which would take them to 5-1 in district and you think that they are still not playoff bound with tie-breakers going their way against Mad and Mac already? Wow. Had you said any team other than Reagan could/would crash their playoff party, I would not have commented at all on this.

shooter
10-26-2006, 02:47 PM
The Madison coaching staff has moved his starting fullback, Mike Williams, #24, to defensive end and they continously run the youngster between the tackles with no lead blocker. DT is only 165 soaking wet and being the guy with the bullseye on his chest, taking away such a devestating blocker as Williams' has been has taken it's toll.

You make it sound like they are running the wishbone or something? Madison has two backs in the backfield about 15% of the time.

Mac Is Back
10-26-2006, 04:09 PM

Tee hee. This brings chuckles to my day.

Seriously. I got a kick out of this.

rebel27
10-26-2006, 04:26 PM
You make it sound like they are running the wishbone or something? Madison has two backs in the backfield about 15% of the time.

That Williams kid is a superior blocker. He hasn't played in the backfield the last two games and there has not been a 200 yard game for DT either. Watch Devin's #'s the rest of the year without Williams in the backfield.

Mac Is Back
10-26-2006, 09:15 PM
I think Madison is pretty much finished and I have reasons why I say this. 1. Devon Thomas is slowing down. Since the huge game versus Reagan, he has been "held" to somewhere around 140-150 yds a game. The Madison coaching staff has moved his starting fullback, Mike Williams, #24, to defensive end and they continously run the youngster between the tackles with no lead blocker. DT is only 165 soaking wet and being the guy with the bullseye on his chest, taking away such a devestating blocker as Williams' has been has taken it's toll.

2. The defense is too young and inexperienced. Their new starting free safety, Mario Wiggins, #23, who just returned a game or so ago from injury, will lead the team in tackles. Having your free safety lead your team in tackles says it all for me. Mac will hit'em for 7-8 yards a pop and will wear these guys down.

3. The high of the big Seguin win has worn off. They were riding high after that win and had hopes of challenging for a playoff spot in the 26-5a. After losses to SV, J-Rock, and the Church, the top three teams in the District this year, emotionally I think it will be too much to bear, playing the one other team that is fighting for that final playoff spot. They started out well but I think the returning nucleus of that team will fair much better next year.

Yet, you picked Madison to win. :confused:

PESHpanther
10-26-2006, 09:23 PM
who was the running back for mac around 8 years ago.. last name sounded hispanic and he was a pretty decent tailback.

svhorns
10-26-2006, 09:38 PM
who was the running back for mac around 8 years ago.. last name sounded hispanic and he was a pretty decent tailback.
Matt Esquivel... damn good baseball player...

Mac Is Back
10-26-2006, 09:47 PM
Matt Esquivel... damn good baseball player...

He played the year Macarthur got to state after Kay's disqualification...and was then promptly manhandled by Midland Lee. :rolleyes:

DiamondJ2
10-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Tee hee. This brings chuckles to my day.

Seriously. I got a kick out of this.

And most of his previous predictions are just as funny. Especially the pre-season ones. Side splitters.

Mac Is Back
10-26-2006, 09:53 PM
And most of his previous predictions are just as funny. Especially the pre-season ones. Side splitters.

I've slapped my knee a few times since then.

mac football 07
10-27-2006, 10:20 AM

well it doesnt really matter what madison thinks or what mac thinks theyre still gonna have to go out and play and quite frankly i see no advantages for madison even if they do have some kind of jump on the snap count that wont win a game that can easily be varied... i honestly think the key would be for madison to slow down macs offense but seriously lets not kid ourselves that will NOT happen o and tell ur sources or whatever that them brahma boys are coming if our seniors lose it will be our last meaningful game we ever play for most of us will not be going to the next level so we WILL be playing lights out

rebel27
10-27-2006, 10:44 AM
Yet, you picked Madison to win. :confused:

Where did i say that? I would like for them to win to give Mac another loss in district.

shooter
10-27-2006, 02:49 PM
That Williams kid is a superior blocker. He hasn't played in the backfield the last two games and there has not been a 200 yard game for DT either. Watch Devin's #'s the rest of the year without Williams in the backfield.

I'm going to say it one more time. Madison runs ONE back sets 85% of the time. I can count on one hand how many times Williams and Thomas have lined up in the same backfield. Most of Williams' playing time has come with Thomas on the bench or when he was in street clothes. i for one thought throwing the kid on the D-Line was a mistake until I saw him make a nice sack on Carl Boulden in the Judson game. He has skills but is just a bit inexperienced on defense.

rebel27
10-27-2006, 04:27 PM
I'm going to say it one more time. Madison runs ONE back sets 85% of the time. I can count on one hand how many times Williams and Thomas have lined up in the same backfield. Most of Williams' playing time has come with Thomas on the bench or when he was in street clothes. i for one thought throwing the kid on the D-Line was a mistake until I saw him make a nice sack on Carl Boulden in the Judson game. He has skills but is just a bit inexperienced on defense.

That one hand should be entered in a freak show because I have watched Mike play and he has been back there with DT more than you have fingers and toes. Watch the game against O'Conner on demand tv. Mike is not running the ball he is blocking. Blocking for who? DT. He should be a Rocket anyway because it's obvious that they don't know what they have or how to use him. Hell, even their own peeps don't know when he's in the game.(hint, hint) If you think he's inexperienced, talk to some of the Madison players about him. I bet you they don't feel that way. He is a beast and Madison would be a better team if he was blocking for DT and playing LB or end.

shooter
10-27-2006, 05:35 PM
I never said the kid can't block, I also never said he should not be in the backfield with Thomas but the game you are referencing (O'Connor) where you believe Williams made a huge difference Thomas only ran for 177 yards. Thomas ran for over 400 yards vs Reagan when Williams was not in the backfield with him as much.

I personally think Madison SHOULD line up in the Power eye and ram the ball down some defenses. They have a huge line, some kids that can block (Williams) in the backfield and a bruising fast RB In Thomas. DT might not break off the 80 yard runs in such an offence but as we have seen that's not a bad thing for your defense. The way SV and Judson's defensive lines were attacking the backfield from the corners negating the counter, I though Madison would be better off running right at them and picking up 5 every carry just with their size.

As for inexperienced, I said he was on Defense. He has only played 2 games at the varsity level at DE. I also said he had skills and referenced an outstanding play against Judson. What else do I have to do to make you believe his "peeps" like him?

MavericksOnTheAttack
10-27-2006, 09:23 PM
lol yall are really picking Madison to LOSE?

yall have no idea

the San Antonio paper called out the Madison's D Line.
They just disturbed the hornets nest that was at rest.

You guys are not ready for what is about to be unleashed tomorrow.

You can quote me on this, Madison will win and Macarthur will fail

aclb
10-27-2006, 09:40 PM

yall have no idea

ooooookkkkkkk. It took a newspaper article to get your team fired up? Why has'nt the D line "unleashed" itself vs SV, Reagan, Judson or WC?

Let's not forget that Madison was 4-0 because they played Lee and Wagner in their first two 26-5A games. They are 1-3 since.

shooter
10-27-2006, 10:23 PM
ooooookkkkkkk. It took a newspaper article to get your team fired up? Why has'nt the D line "unleashed" itself vs SV, Reagan, Judson or WC?

Let's not forget that Madison was 4-0 because they played Lee and Wagner in their first two 26-5A games. They are 1-3 since.

And they have been in every loss till the end.

Mac Is Back
10-27-2006, 10:51 PM
Where did i say that? I would like for them to win to give Mac another loss in district.

..in the survey at the top of this page. Your name is listed among those who selected Madison.

That's where.

Mac Is Back
10-27-2006, 10:52 PM

yall have no idea

Yes. We are picking Madison to lose.

Mac Is Back
10-27-2006, 11:12 PM
well it doesnt really matter what madison thinks or what mac thinks theyre still gonna have to go out and play and quite frankly i see no advantages for madison even if they do have some kind of jump on the snap count that wont win a game that can easily be varied... i honestly think the key would be for madison to slow down macs offense but seriously lets not kid ourselves that will NOT happen o and tell ur sources or whatever that them brahma boys are coming if our seniors lose it will be our last meaningful game we ever play for most of us will not be going to the next level so we WILL be playing lights out

My only fear is that with all six E-N forecasters picking Macarthur, the game being named the Game of the Week (with Mac as the victor), and all this notoriety of Mac's thrilling offense and playoff push, that the team will get overconfident and Madison's anger will boil over after all this attention being taken from them.

All Mac has to do is play Brahma football. The defense needs to keep Thomas from getting his yardage and the offensive line needs to protect Schmid at all costs.

I would hate to see Mac's playoff chances fall apart after how hard they fought to put themselves in this situation.

Never underestimate the opponent.

mad_fan
10-27-2006, 11:21 PM

But we did beat Reagan...now I sound as dumb as you...

mad_fan
10-27-2006, 11:23 PM
My only fear is that with all six E-N forecasters picking Macarthur, the game being named the Game of the Week (with Mac as the victor), and all this notoriety of Mac's thrilling offense and playoff push, that the team will get overconfident and Madison's anger will boil over after all this attention being taken from them.

All Mac has to do is play Brahma football. The defense needs to keep Thomas from getting his yardage and the offensive line needs to protect Schmid at all costs.

I would hate to see Mac's playoff chances fall apart after how hard they fought to put themselves in this situation.

I'd be afraid of that too...they pick aweful in the tight games...

Mac Is Back
10-27-2006, 11:24 PM
But we did beat Reagan...now I sound as dumb as you...

I think this is a draw.

Mac Is Back
10-27-2006, 11:26 PM
I'd be afraid of that too...they pick aweful in the tight games...

I hope Fuschak has a enough sense to drill into our players minds that it means nothing to be picked to win. You have to actually do it.

I'm not going to lie. I have this unshakeable feeling in the pit of my stomach right now (as I have all week) that Mac is going to come up short against Madison. I don't know why. I haven't seen Madison play yet this year, so I don't know how these two will match up.

I'd be quite literally devastated if we lost. I wasn't nominated by the senior class (as a junior, it should be noted) to be Most Spirited for nothing. I bleed blue and white.

Reaganrattler07
10-27-2006, 11:38 PM
I hope Fuschak has a enough sense to drill into our players minds that it means nothing to be picked to win. You have to actually do it.

I'm not going to lie. I have this unshakeable feeling in the pit of my stomach right now (as I have all week) that Mac is going to come up short against Madison. I don't know why. I haven't seen Madison play yet this year, so I don't know how these two will match up.

I'd be quite literally devastated if we lost. I wasn't nominated by the senior class (as a junior, it should be noted) to be Most Spirited. I bleed blue and white.

I've had that feeling before.....and normally it was before games in which we lost terribly:( :eek:

Course I also had a small bit of that feeling tonight. Although it was probably more anxiety than anything...

Mac Is Back
10-27-2006, 11:41 PM
I've had that feeling before.....and normally it was before games in which we lost terribly:( :eek:

Course I also had a small bit of that feeling tonight. Although it was probably more anxiety than anything...

You are NO help. :D

Reaganrattler07
10-27-2006, 11:43 PM
You are NO help. :D

Lmao, at least I backed it up with something that was sorta ok!

Mac Is Back
10-27-2006, 11:48 PM
Lmao, at least I backed it up with something that was sorta ok!

Gridiron Pick 'Em for Week 8:

Between Macarthur and Madison, Madison is favored by 59.2% of voters.

I wasn't afraid of losing to Smithson Valley. I knew we would. It was just a question of how badly.

Madison is another story. Madison, by most accounts, is being tossed aside after their 2 straight losses and suddenly the playoff spotlight is on Mac. Our players are not used to such attention - we haven't been playoff contenders for 6 years. I just don't want us to lose focus now that we're not considered the underdogs. Mac needs to come out firing on all cylinders and lay it to Madison early and often.

DiamondJ2
10-28-2006, 12:45 AM
Go Mavs!!

rebel27
10-28-2006, 02:16 AM
..in the survey at the top of this page. Your name is listed among those who selected Madison.

That's where.

there goes another one of those dang voting machines scandals!

Gridiron Gopher
10-28-2006, 05:23 AM

It doesn't matter who the paper picks. All you have to do is talk to Craig, Kinney, Schmid....they are all saying the same thing. They know Madison is going to be a dog fight and they want to go out and play their best game yet .

Gridiron Gopher
10-28-2006, 05:25 AM

I hate to tell you guys this but your feelings have nothing to do with the game. Sorry but those are the facts. :D

Mac Is Back
10-28-2006, 09:30 AM
It doesn't matter who the paper picks. All you have to do is talk to Craig, Kinney, Schmid....they are all saying the same thing. They know Madison is going to be a dog fight and they want to go out and play their best game yet .

That helps. Reaganrattler could learn from you. :D

Gridiron Gopher
10-28-2006, 10:05 AM
Well, if there was any doubt about Mac's mind set going into this game I'm sure it's where it needs to be now. My son just called me and said that the Mac campus has been tagged with spray paint with Madison logo's. They painted the buses, the ROTC building and the Mac logo on the center of the campus. I guess some kids can be pretty stupid at times. There's over a hundred cameras there and the tapes have already been turned into the authorities. As far as if the Mac players weren't ready to play.........there's no question now (I don't think there was in the first place).

SeguinMatadors
10-28-2006, 10:08 AM
Well, if there was any doubt about Mac's mind set going into this game I'm sure it's where it needs to be now. My son just called me and said that the Mac campus has been tagged with spray paint with Madison logo's. They painted the buses, the ROTC building and the Mac logo on the center of the campus. I guess some kids can be pretty stupid at times. There's over a hundred cameras there and the tapes have already been turned into the authorities. As far as if the Mac players weren't ready to play.........there's no question now (I don't think there was in the first place).

Wow, that is pretty ******. Good luck to Mac.. I hope they win now. I can't stand blatant disrespct like that. Hopefully Mac wins and those kids get arrested.

mad_fan
10-28-2006, 10:13 AM

Hummm...where was ReaganRattler last night...:eek:

JK...buddy...

Gridiron Gopher
10-28-2006, 10:22 AM

JK...buddy...

LOL! ReaganRattler gone wild after the win last night. Too funny! Let's just hope he kept his top on. :D

Reaganrattler07
10-28-2006, 03:20 PM

JK...buddy...

LMAO!

But still....that's pretty stupid.

Reaganrattler07
10-28-2006, 03:21 PM
LOL! ReaganRattler gone wild after the win last night. Too funny! Let's just hope he kept his top on. :D

You didn't say anything about my pants:p

Reaganrattler07
10-28-2006, 03:38 PM
Hehe, like I told Mad Fan in a pm.

The defensive playbook is where Streety stores his swiss cheese for sandwiches. So when he opens it up, he knows what his defense is.

Okay, that was kinda lame....but you all get the gist.

mad_fan
10-28-2006, 03:46 PM
Hehe, like I told Mad Fan in a pm.

The defensive playbook is where Streety stores his swiss cheese for sandwiches. So when he opens it up, he knows what his defense is.

Okay, that was kinda lame....but you all get the gist.

I just don't think you understand what happens in games that don't involve Reagan...
Check the scoreboard for Mads lose margin in the three games we lost...look at who we lost to...and the total points on the board...
There is a different dynamic in the the games we play against Reagan and Lee...just the way it is...

Reaganrattler07
10-28-2006, 03:49 PM
I just don't think you understand what happens in games that don't involve Reagan...
Check the scoreboard for Mads lose margin in the three games we lost...look at who we lost to...and the total points on the board...
There is a different dynamic in the the games we play against Reagan and Lee...just the way it is...

Come on, mad. You know Mad's defense is pretty bad. Madison is purely scoring. And obviously it's worked for them. Kick returns and offensive scoring wins a lot of their games until they play most of the big programs.

mad_fan
10-28-2006, 03:57 PM
Come on, mad. You know Mad's defense is pretty bad. Madison is purely scoring. And obviously it's worked for them. Kick returns and offensive scoring wins a lot of their games until they play most of the big programs.

PAPG...though last week...

SV 11.0
Judson 15.6
Roos 19.4
Mac 20.0
Church 20.3
Madison 22.4
Reagan 25.4
Lee 32.3
Wagner 32.7

Doesn't look so bad to me...kinda...average...

Reaganrattler07
10-28-2006, 04:01 PM
PAPG...though last week...

SV 11.0
Judson 15.6
Roos 19.4
Mac 20.0
Church 20.3
Madison 22.4
Reagan 25.4
Lee 32.3
Wagner 32.7

Doesn't look so bad to me...kinda...average...

List out all their scores if you could. (I don't know where i can find'em). And If i'm wrong, then I'll admit that I am. But lets review the numbers.

Gridiron Gopher
10-28-2006, 04:01 PM
You didn't say anything about my pants:p

Ok, I just sat down to eat this giant double bacon chesse burger and :eek: I almost threw up thinking about it. :p

mad_fan
10-28-2006, 04:04 PM
List out all their scores if you could. (I don't know where i can find'em). And If i'm wrong, then I'll admit that I am. But lets review the numbers.

You are the laziest kid not from southlake ever...:p

http://www.5atexasfootball.com/schedsresults265a.htm

Gridiron Gopher
10-28-2006, 04:04 PM

The scores will be on the main page under schedules and results.

Reaganrattler07
10-28-2006, 04:05 PM
Ok, I just sat down to eat this giant double bacon chesse burger and :eek: I almost threw up thinking about it. :p

Lmao....nice to see you had a nice lunch. Mmmm.....bacon. Think I'll head over to whataburger.

mad_fan
10-28-2006, 04:05 PM
The scores will be on the main page under schedules and results.

he cant find them....:p

Reaganrattler07
10-28-2006, 04:08 PM
You are the laziest kid not from southlake ever...:p

http://www.5atexasfootball.com/schedsresults265a.htm

ReaganRattler07:p

Reaganrattler07
10-28-2006, 04:11 PM
I actually never knew they had those....:o

But the Mad defense has given up quite a bit.

SV=27 (L)
Lee=34 (W)
Reagan=43:eek: (W)
Judson and Churchill = 27(L)

Remember what I said about the"big programs" stopping you all. Your wins you all had a lot of offensive firepower. With the exception of O'Connor (shut out)....I think the stars and planets had all aligned with a full, blue moon.:p

mad_fan
10-28-2006, 04:17 PM
I actually never knew they had those....:o

But the Mad defense has given up quite a bit.

SV=27 (L)
Lee=34 (W)
Reagan=43:eek: (W)
Judson and Churchill = 27(L)

Remember what I said about the"big programs" stopping you all. Your wins you all had a lot of offensive firepower. With the exception of O'Connor (shut out)....I think the stars and planets had all aligned with a full, blue moon.:p

1. We give less than Reagan per game...
2. Loses are by one score...
2a. SV by 3
2b. Judson by 4
2c. Church by 7...

How do Reagans loses stack up...
And yet you claim we have a bad D...
You just beat SV...
Don't tell me we can't win out...

shooter
10-28-2006, 04:39 PM

Guess they got it cleaned up real quick because I'm here at the Campus right now and just walked around the JROTC building and could not find any evidence of Graffiti or even that there was Graffiti. You posted this between 10am and 11am I am here at 4:34pm and I can't find any clean up, i can't find any Graffiti! SEEMS STRANGE!?! Please enlighten us on if it's you or your son making up stories and who we should hold Liable for these comments…

mad_fan
10-28-2006, 04:44 PM
Guess they got it cleaned up real quick because I'm here at the Campus right now and just walked around the JROTC building and could not find any evidence of Graffiti or even that there was Graffiti. You posted this between 10am and 11am I am here at 4:34pm and I can't find any clean up, i can't find any Graffiti! SEEMS STRANGE!?! Please enlighten us on if it's you or your son making up stories and who we should hold Liable for these comments…

Maybe the team has been painting all afternoon...gives them an excuss when they lose to Mad tonight...

I kinda tought that was bogus...hence the ReaganRattler post...:D

Gridiron Gopher
10-28-2006, 04:56 PM

It's not made up. He has the pictures to prove it. Some of the words that were put on the buses could not be repeated on this site.

shooter
10-28-2006, 04:58 PM

Photos are of all four sides of the MAC ROTC building. Would you like for me to go get some shots of the Mac logo on the center of the campus? i am still sting in the parking lot so if you would like for me to I will.

http://jamesmadisonsports.com/images/IMG_1030.JPG
http://jamesmadisonsports.com/images/IMG_1031.JPG
http://jamesmadisonsports.com/images/IMG_1032.JPG
http://jamesmadisonsports.com/images/IMG_1035.JPG
http://jamesmadisonsports.com/images/IMG_1036.JPG

shooter
10-28-2006, 04:58 PM
It's not made up. He has the pictures to prove it. Some of the words that were put on the buses could not be repeated on this site.

Would you like some photos right now of the busses?

Gridiron Gopher
10-28-2006, 05:00 PM
Shooter, I'm not sure who did the clean up but I can't post the pictures due to the words that were used. He brought home the pictures on his cell phone.

Gridiron Gopher
10-28-2006, 05:01 PM

Do you really think they would leave it up? Why don't you go ask the coaches. They are there right now if you like?

mad_fan
10-28-2006, 05:03 PM

You da man...:D

mad_fan
10-28-2006, 05:07 PM

I'm not doubting your son...it's probably a matter of degree...from your post it sounded like 25 kids with 200 cans of orange paint attacked...if it's all cleaned up now...probably just one bad apple....

shooter
10-28-2006, 05:19 PM
Wait!!!!

I stand corrected I found the Horrible, Awful, Despicable Graffiti, It hurt my eyes to even look at it.

I have just a little more respect for coaches than to bother them about some tagging before a big game like tonight

Let me work on some photos for ya

shooter
10-28-2006, 05:24 PM
Shooter, I'm not sure who did the clean up but I can't post the pictures due to the words that were used. He brought home the pictures on his cell phone.

Here are the shots of the Busses but, Busses are easily moved But also Busses are not usually left on Campus over night either hmmmm...

http://jamesmadisonsports.com/IMG_1037.JPG
http://jamesmadisonsports.com/IMG_1038.JPG
http://jamesmadisonsports.com/IMG_1040.JPG

shooter
10-28-2006, 05:27 PM
Wait!!!!

I stand corrected I found the Horrible, Awful, Despicable Graffiti, It hurt my eyes to even look at it.

I have just a little more respect for coaches than to bother them about some tagging before a big game like tonight

Let me work on some photos for ya

I did find some Tag work on a portable building NEAR the ROTC building. I got a shot of it and I have no problem posting it....

Last Time I checked Madison was the "Madison Mavericks" not the "Madison SA Thugs" looks like your sons school got taged but by Madison is a bit questionalble. As for the center of Campus, All of the gates are locked I walked around the whole campus Sorry I can't get you shots of that art work if it's still there.

http://jamesmadisonsports.com/IMG_1041.JPG

shooter
10-28-2006, 05:30 PM

I have some great computer programs that can black out words in photos if you would like to send me the photos i would love to doctor them up for you so you can post them. you can send me PM and I'll send you my email address. Ok?

Gridiron Gopher
10-28-2006, 05:38 PM
I have some great computer programs that can black out words in photos if you would like to send me the photos i would love to doctor them up for you so you can post them. you can send me PM and I'll send you my email address. Ok?

Shooter, I'll try and get it to you but not on this site. You are right that it might not have been Madison students that did the tagging. Could just be thugs. I haven't seen all the pictures becasue the first ones I saw on the buses were pretty bad.

Mac Is Back
10-28-2006, 10:47 PM
How about some photos of the courtyard? Because they MESSED IT UP. I saw it first hand this morning at 9:45 am. I took some cell phone pictures. The paint came off the glass easily, as well as the Brahma statue out there. The Big blue "M" was tagged up as well, but the janitors were using some chemical stuff that was clearing it up pretty good when I went out there again. It needs to be repainted, though. Whoever did it, they spray painted the camera that overlooked their entrance point - however, the courtyard is loaded with cameras in plain sight as well as hidden ones. They're as good as screwed, IMO.

Reaganrattler07
10-28-2006, 10:51 PM
They're obvious stupid for doing this. But i'm pretty sure they wouldn't leave their identities open.