PDA

View Full Version : How is the Big XII terrible?

BeauxGeezy
10-17-2006, 05:47 PM
I keep hearing this every week but I don't agree.

Big XII- (4) 1 loss teams ...(granted one of them is aggy)

SEC- (2) 1 loss teams

Big 10- (2) undefeated and (1) 1 loss team

Pac 19- (1) undefeated and (2) 1 loss teams

ACC - (4) 1 loss teams

Now how are is it terrible?? I mean...I realize it's not the greatest this year.
But it's far from terrible in my opinion.

SeguinMatadors
10-17-2006, 05:49 PM

SEC- (2) 1 loss teams

ACC - (4) 1 loss teams

Now how are is it terrible?? I mean...I realize it's not the greatest this year.

Because there is only one legit top 25 (2 before OU fell apart) team in the big 12 regardless of records. If average teams schedule bad teams of course they are going to win.

garlandowl08
10-17-2006, 06:00 PM
I think it has more to do with the cliber of wins/losses. Granted, if it still looks similar to taht at the end of the season, it would be tough to say the Big XII sucks, but at this point I think we are not proved.

jtk1519
10-17-2006, 06:12 PM
The Big XII is horrible. I hate this friggin' conference. According to the A&H-Seattle Times poll, the Big XII is the 5th best conference in 1A football with a .541 winning percentage, trailing the Pac 10, SEC, Big Least and Big Ten. That's pathetic. What's worse is the Big XII is tied with the ACC for worst strength of schedule amongst all the conferences. Big XII opponents are sporting collective .427 winning percentage. Any time the Big XII is tied with or ranks behind such pathetic conferences as the ACC and Big Least, that is sad.

ThEgReAtOnE
10-17-2006, 06:41 PM

SEC- (2) 1 loss teams

ACC - (4) 1 loss teams

The Big XII isn't terrible. They've proved it over the last few years, in regular season and bowl games.

Lets look at the quality of the wins and losses of the better teams, in each conference...

Big XII

Texas = 6-1 (Quality wins against OU. Loss to Ohio State.)

Texas A&M = 6-1 (Quality wins against Missouri. Loss to Texas Tech.)

OU = 5-1 (Quality wins against Oregon. Loss to Pac-10 Officials.) Still a bit bitter. Can you tell?:D

Nebraska = 6-1 (Quality wins against Iowa State. Loss to USC.)

Missouri = 6-1 (Quality wins against Texas Tech. Loss to Texas A&M.)

Pac-10

USC = 6-0 (Quality wins against Arkansas and Nebraska. No losses.)

California = 6-1 (Quality wins against Oregon and Arizona State. Loss to Tennessee.)

Oregon = 4-2 (Quality wins against Arizona State. Loss to Cal and OU.)

SEC

Florida = 6-1 (Quality wins against Tennessee and LSU. Loss to Auburn.)

Auburn = 6-1 (Quality wins against LSU and Florida. Loss to Arkansas.)

Tennessee = 5-1 (Quality wins against Georgia and Cal. Loss to Florida.)

Arkansas = 5-1 (Quality wins against Auburn and Alabama. Loss to USC.)

ACC

Clemson = 6-1 (Quality wins against Florida St. Loss to Boston College.)

Georgia Tech = 5-1 (Quality wins against Virginia Tech. Loss to Notre Dame.)

Wake Forest = 6-1 (Quality wins against N.C. State. Loss to Clemson.)

Boston College = 5-1 (Quality wins against Clemson and Virginia Tech. Loss to N.C. State.)

Big Ten

Ohio State = 7-0 (Quality wins against Penn State, Iowa and Texas. No loss.)

Michigan = 7-0 (Quality wins against Notre Dame, Penn State and Wisconsin. No loss.)

Wisconsin = 6-1 (Quality wins against Minnesota or Indiana - neither or better or worse, IMO. Loss to Michigan.)

Favpack
10-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Big 10 is the best this year. ACC is the big surprise.

Here's a shocker - mark my words - and remind me after bowl season

The SEC is OVER-RATED! Not always - but they are this year.

tOSU and Mich blow away the SEC champ - and Clemson, GTech, Texas and a host of other schools are as good or better than Fl, Auburn or Tenn. - deal with it.

ThEgReAtOnE
10-17-2006, 06:49 PM
The Big XII is horrible. I hate this friggin' conference. According to the A&H-Seattle Times poll, the Big XII is the 5th best conference in 1A football with a .541 winning percentage, trailing the Pac 10, SEC, Big Least and Big Ten. That's pathetic. What's worse is the Big XII is tied with the ACC for worst strength of schedule amongst all the conferences. Big XII opponents are sporting collective .427 winning percentage. Any time the Big XII is tied with or ranks behind such pathetic conferences as the ACC and Big Least, that is sad.

The Big XII isn't as bad as the Jr. Ivy Schools (Big East) and ACCell No. 122336.

If we'd get rid of the useless schools (cough) Baylor, K-State and maybe Okie Lite or Kansas, then we'd be ok. (Hell, I'd love to pick up Houston, TCU and tear Arkansas away from the SEC....so they'd stop being the doormat of the SEC.) Plus keeping some of the homegrown talent at home would help.

Favpack
10-17-2006, 06:52 PM
The Big XII isn't as bad as the Jr. Ivy Schools (Big East) and ACCell No. 122336.

If we'd get rid of the useless schools (cough) Baylor, K-State and maybe Okie Lite or Kansas, then we'd be ok. (Hell, I'd love to pick up Houston, TCU and tear Arkansas away from the SEC....so they'd stop being the doormat of the SEC.) Plus keeping some of the homegrown talent at home would help.
Great idea - but these teams play great in other sports - even Baylor (track and womens' bball), but I do like the additions you mentioned. Let Iowa State and K state to somewhere else, maybe even Colorado - the buffs are always up and down.

ThEgReAtOnE
10-17-2006, 06:55 PM
The SEC is OVER-RATED! Not always - but they are this year.

tOSU and Mich blow away the SEC champ - and Clemson, GTech, Texas and a host of other schools are as good or better than Fl, Auburn or Tenn. - deal with it.

Can I get some of what you're somkin' or injecting, bro? Favpack...Dawg....are you really trying to say any school from the NFC SOUTHeast is overrated? I mean, if they're overrated, it's only within their conference.

I think Texas, OSU and Michigan can compete with them, but if Auburn, Tennessee and Florida beat OSU, Michigan and Texas I wouldn't be surprised at all.

SEC overrated?! C'mon man...that's pretty outlandish, IMO.

ThEgReAtOnE
10-17-2006, 06:59 PM
Great idea - but these teams play great in other sports - even Baylor (track and womens' bball), but I do like the additions you mentioned. Let Iowa State and K state to somewhere else, maybe even Colorado - the buffs are always up and down.

Forgot about the Colorado Pinkbellies. Ya...let them head off to dominate the Sun Belt Conference. No wait...North Texas and Troy is there....that might be a little too tough. Hey, there's always the Independents.;)

Favpack
10-17-2006, 07:03 PM
Can I get some of what you're somkin' or injecting, bro? Favpack...Dawg....are you really trying to say any school from the NFC SOUTHeast is overrated? I mean, if they're overrated, it's only within their conference.

I think Texas, OSU and Michigan can compete with them, but if Auburn, Tennessee and Florida beat OSU, Michigan and Texas I wouldn't be surprised at all.

SEC overrated?! C'mon man...that's pretty outlandish, IMO.

Just a hunch man - we'll see, but a good, but not great Ark. beats down Auburn at Auburn - who then beat Fl the next week - great, exciting football, but I still say Mich. and tOSU are the cream of the crop this year. I honestly don't see huge separation between Clemson, Texas, Florida or Tennessee - none.

DragonBand06
10-17-2006, 07:08 PM
Scroll down to see Big XII Record vs. Other Conferences (Page 6) (http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/big12/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/weekly-release.pdf)
This media guide is updated up to this week and includes BCS rankings and individual team stats, etc.

jtk1519
10-17-2006, 07:09 PM

I still can't get over the factual side of this debate. The Big XII has played the easiest schedule, yet boasts only the 5th best winning percentage.

BTW, the SEC is far and away the best conference in all of football and it aint even close. The top of that conference is so good that they tend to beat up on each other which leads to slightly misleading records. You put Florida in any other conference in America and they will dominate. You put Auburn in any other conference in America and they dominate. It just isn't even close.

Favpack
10-17-2006, 07:15 PM
I still can't get over the factual side of this debate. The Big XII has played the easiest schedule, yet boasts only the 5th best winning percentage.

BTW, the SEC is far and away the best conference in all of football and it aint even close. The top of that conference is so good that they tend to beat up on each other which leads to slightly misleading records. You put Florida in any other conference in America and they will dominate. You put Auburn in any other conference in America and they dominate. It just isn't even close.

I don't think they dominate OU, Neb, and they sure don't dominate Texas. B12 has too much junk in the trunk for sure - the bottom end is killing the conference - but I just don't see total SEC supremacy.

GarlandOwl06
10-17-2006, 07:33 PM

True, but part of the reason the Big 12 winning percentage is so bad is because of teams like Colorado losing to AA teams and Baylor. If you took about the top 8 we'd probably have one of the highest if not the highest winnging percentage even though the wins were against easy teams. A&M and Texas have the same number of good wins by the way. It's not even close though, the SEC is insane. It's not even fair. It will probably be a long time before we see a nationial champion out of that confrence because it just so hard to go undefeated, each year there are at least 3 teams that could seriously contend for one.

ThEgReAtOnE
10-17-2006, 07:41 PM
BTW, the SEC is far and away the best conference in all of football and it aint even close.

Definitely. I've said it a million times. (Hell, I played against it.) The NFC SOUTHeast is by far the best Conference.

jtk1519
10-17-2006, 07:48 PM
I don't think they dominate OU, Neb, and they sure don't dominate Texas. B12 has too much junk in the trunk for sure - the bottom end is killing the conference - but I just don't see total SEC supremacy.

I am maybe the most vocal Texas supporter on this board, but I would say without hesitation that Florida would own this confernece and maybe Auburn too. Nebraska? Are you kidding? Texas vs. Florida or Auburn would be one helluva game, but I don't think Texas would win those. Not right now anyway. You put Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee or LSU in the Big XII North and they win that division in epic fashion. I'm talking Biblical type domination.

BeauxGeezy
10-17-2006, 08:14 PM
I wasn't trying to take anything away from the SEC nor the Big Ten...
I was just saying...why is terrible the word that is constantly used to describe the BigXII?
Weaker?...yes
Terrible? ...I don't think so.
Wait until all the bowl games are played. I think the BigXII will surprise some folks.

svhorns
10-17-2006, 08:45 PM
I am maybe the most vocal Texas supporter on this board, but I would say without hesitation that Florida would own this confernece and maybe Auburn too. Nebraska? Are you kidding? Texas vs. Florida or Auburn would be one helluva game, but I don't think Texas would win those. Not right now anyway. You put Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee or LSU in the Big XII North and they win that division in epic fashion. I'm talking Biblical type domination.
Florida is overrated... Im probably one of the only people that think this but I will continue to say it till the end of the season... Why is everyone ignoring Auburns Loss to Arkansas they were wore down all day by Arkansas running game... Arkansas was blown out by USC... who right now is playing mediocre at best.... I know teams get better as the season goes along but its my gut feeling that Florida is overrated... Texas is better than Auburn and Florida... the meida is getting to you... :D

SeguinMatadors
10-17-2006, 09:18 PM

JTK, I am pretty sure this is the first thing I have ever agreed with you on. I think you are finally taking those orange shades offfff;)

stevefoxsc
10-17-2006, 10:56 PM

SEC- (2) 1 loss teams

ACC - (4) 1 loss teams

we've had great and good years last year was a chance to be a great year (had ou played bama) and in prior to that we dominated the bowl games

stevefoxsc
10-17-2006, 11:00 PM

Those kids want a few things to go to there dream school and to win big games UT did that and look at there recruiting bam got kids from flordia wanting to play here now kids now a days are band wagons

jtk1519
10-17-2006, 11:23 PM
I wasn't trying to take anything away from the SEC nor the Big Ten...
I was just saying...why is terrible the word that is constantly used to describe the BigXII?
Weaker?...yes
Terrible? ...I don't think so.
Wait until all the bowl games are played. I think the BigXII will surprise some folks.

It's a relative term. Think about the recent histories of the schools comprising the Big XII. Given that history and the success achieved by it's top programs, terrible, relatively speaking, might not be that bad of a description.

I mean, this conference is home to Texas, Nebraska, Kansas State, Mobilhoma, Colorado, aggy, Tech, etc. All these school enjoyed at least some success in the not too distant past. With those teams, the Big XII should be going through opposing conferences like Fran and Japorky go through a dozen Krispe Kremes.

Instead, we have aggy who is doing everything they can just to beat Army and whose most competitive rival might just be Baylor. Mobilhoma can't keep itís best players A. in Norman, B. Healthy, C. out of trouble D. out of the NCAA doghouse. There is Nebraska who has fallen off a cliff since Solich left (and he wasn't even that good). Everybody is turning on Pirate Mike because it turns out Graham Harrell is the college version of Ryan Leaf. Colorado would lose to a few Div. III schools and Kansas State just sucks. This conference has dropped so low that we are actually bragging about Mizzou. Has Mizzou improved? Sure. Should they ever be mentioned near the top of the Big XII? No way in hell.

dragonsdaddy
10-18-2006, 07:57 AM
jtk is dead on, and was crying in his m&c's while he typed it because he's painfully aware of the defamation of sos it is causing at tu. with a conference seemingly in freefall, tu takes a huge hit in the eyes of the computers, and we all know what kind of fans they are. after watching the hoggies dismantle auburn, it reminded me how much i miss the old swc.

pack0808
10-18-2006, 08:32 AM

Are you delusional? So you are saying that Auburn and Florida would dominate the Big 10? :eek: :confused: wow!! You ever heard of Ohio St. and Michigan? Florida and Auburn would have no shot against those 2 this year IMO. Hell Wisconsin (Big10) beat up on Auburn in a bowl game just last year do you have amnesia? Iowa has played Florida twice and LSU once in their last 3 bowl games and they are 2-1 with their only loss being a very close game to Florida last year. Ohio St. blew Iowa out last year. I mean come on man that does not even make sense? In this decade the Big 10 and the SEC have played about 25 games against each other and they have been dead even. Florida has been a little above average to good lately and Auburn just got completely dominated by a 3rd place Big10 team last year and all of the sudden those 2 could dominate every other conference in America? Huh? Hey, you do realize that Arkansas got absolutely embarrassed by USC this year right. Arkansas has already beat Auburn and Alabama this year! Do the math man.

Maybe you were joking?

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 09:05 AM
jtk is dead on, and was crying in his m&c's while he typed it because he's painfully aware of the defamation of sos it is causing at tu. with a conference seemingly in freefall, tu takes a huge hit in the eyes of the computers, and we all know what kind of fans they are. after watching the hoggies dismantle auburn, it reminded me how much i miss the old swc.

Damn skippy (though I don't miss the SWC), but allow me to be my own enemy for a moment and say that Texas lost control of it's own fate when they lost to Ohio State. When unbeaten, you have a right to complain about the strength of schedule, computers and all that crap. When you take your first loss, you have forfeited the right to gripe about all that stuff. Obviously, there are certain exceptions like 2004 when 1 loss Texas and 1 loss Cal both had justifiable reasons to be pissed off at the computers, but cases like that are few and far between. As it stands right now, Texas doesn't have a right to complain about strength of schedule or anything. Texas is a 1 loss team with a golden road straight to a BCS game. They can ask for nothing more right now.

The whole "Texas and the 11 dwarfs" thing was funny at first, but as the validity of that statement sinks in, it loses it's humorous appeal. For the sake of the Big XII, somebody has to step up and be a solid #2. Right now, there is a #1 with everybody else tied for 12th place and that just won't work.

pack0808
10-18-2006, 09:07 AM
After reading jtk's statement I decided to see how Florida and Auburn have done vs the Big 10 in recent years. Here we go!

99 Michigan St. 37 Florida 34
02 Michigan 38 Florida 30
03 Iowa 37 Florida 17
05 Iowa 24 (5th in Big10) Florida 31

Florida is 1-3 vs the Big 10 since 99 :eek: Their only win was vs a 5th place Big 10 team.

00 Michigan 31 Auburn 28
02 Penn st. (4th in Big10) 9 Auburn 13
03 Wisconsin 14 (5th in Big 10) Auburn 28
05 Wisconsin 24 (3rd in Big10) Auburn 10

Auburn is 2-2 vs the Big 10 since 00 and their only wins vs Big 10 teams were against a 3rd place and 5th place Big 10 team.

Should I have to say more? But these 2 would dominate any conference in America? Some need to quit drinking the media's SEC kool-aid and look at the facts. There is no doubt the SEC is one of the best conferences every year but they are definitely not clearly the best one and you could definitely make the argument that the Big10 has been just as good or better this decade when looking at the actual facts.

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 09:17 AM
Are you delusional? So you are saying that Auburn and Florida would dominate the Big 10? :eek: :confused: wow!! You ever heard of Ohio St. and Michigan? Florida and Auburn would have no shot against those 2 this year IMO. Hell Wisconsin (Big10) beat up on Auburn in a bowl game just last year do you have amnesia? Iowa has played Florida twice and LSU once in their last 3 bowl games and they are 2-1 with their only loss being a very close game to Florida last year. Ohio St. blew Iowa out last year. I mean come on man that does not even make sense? In this decade the Big 10 and the SEC have played about 25 games against each other and they have been dead even. Florida has been a little above average to good lately and Auburn just got completely dominated by a 3rd place Big10 team last year and all of the sudden those 2 could dominate every other conference in America? Huh? Hey, you do realize that Arkansas got absolutely embarrassed by USC this year right. Arkansas has already beat Auburn and Alabama this year! Do the math man.

Maybe you were joking?

And then there are the Big Televen fans, but nobody likes them anyway.

The point behind what I said was that the top of the SEC beat each other up. Take one of those top schools and put them by themselves in most other conferences and they will dominate. Perhaps I should have said "just about any conference" because I don't believe Florida or Auburn would dominate the Big Televen, but I do believe either could win that conference, even against the likes of Ohio State and Michigan (Oh how quickly the Lloyd Carr bashing is silenced) which was essentially the point behind what I said. I just said it with my usual dramatic, over-the-top flair.

BTW, Iowa just lost to Indiana. Donít ever mention Iowa and the SEC in the same breath again lest ye be beaten down with your own ignorant stick. Iowa's new role is to serve as the butt of jokes. They are the aggy of the Big Televen.

pack0808
10-18-2006, 09:22 AM

The point behind what I said was that the top of the SEC beat each other up. Take one of those top schools and put them by themselves in most other conferences and they will dominate. Perhaps I should have said "just about any conference" because I don't believe Florida or Auburn would dominate the Big Televen, but I do believe either could win that conference, even against the likes of Ohio State and Michigan (Oh how quickly the Lloyd Carr bashing is silenced) which was essentially the point behind what I said. I just said it with my usual dramatic, over-the-top flair.

BTW, Iowa just lost to Indiana. Don’t ever mention Iowa and the SEC in the same breath again lest ye be beaten down with your own ignorant stick. Iowa's new role is to serve as the butt of jokes. They are the aggy of the Big Televen.

God you absolutely make no sense at times! You have just proven my point even more after saying that stupid comment. You say do not put Iowa and the SEC in the same breath again because they lost to a weak Big 10 team yet Iowa is still 2-1 vs some of the SEC's best in January bowl games in the last 3 years. Talk about needing an ignorant stick? How about grabbing a extra cushioned helmet while your at it.

Again, try looking up the actual facts when making an argument.

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 09:23 AM
After reading jtk's statement I decided to see how Florida and Auburn have done vs the Big 10 in recent years. Here we go!

And you wasted all that time on useless facts. What relevance does the performance of a '99 Florida team have on the 2006 season? I'm talking about Florida now. I'm talking about Auburn now. A couple of years ago, you could have put "LSU" and "Georgia" in place of "Florida" and "Auburn" and my comments would ring just as true. The top of the SEC mountain is a tough place to stay when so many quality teams are there to knock you off. So goes life in what is clearly, far and away the best conference in college football.

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 09:28 AM
Again, try looking up the actual facts when making an argument.

Actual fact...

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/6092/iowadj6.jpg

Suddenly a near loss to Army doesn't seem all that embarrassing.

pack0808
10-18-2006, 09:32 AM

BTW, Iowa just lost to Indiana. Donít ever mention Iowa and the SEC in the same breath again lest ye be beaten down with your own ignorant stick. Iowa's new role is to serve as the butt of jokes. They are the aggy of the Big Televen.

Have a look at old Loyd Carr's record vs the GREAT SEC. He is 4-2 vs the SEC all time.

pack0808
10-18-2006, 09:37 AM
And you wasted all that time on useless facts. What relevance does the performance of a '99 Florida team have on the 2006 season? I'm talking about Florida now. I'm talking about Auburn now. A couple of years ago, you could have put "LSU" and "Georgia" in place of "Florida" and "Auburn" and my comments would ring just as true. The top of the SEC mountain is a tough place to stay when so many quality teams are there to knock you off. So goes life in what is clearly, far and away the best conference in college football.

They are only useless facts when they prove you wrong huh? :rolleyes: Here is another one for you after your comment in bold.

LSU a couple of years ago in 04
Iowa 30 LSU 25 :eek:

I bet you hate facts

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 09:37 AM
Have a look at old Loyd Carr's record vs the GREAT SEC. He is 4-2 vs the SEC all time.

So? I think Lloyd is a decent coach. He's had some rough years lately, but he has won a national title since WWII... unlike pink locker aggy.

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 09:38 AM
They are only useless facts when they prove you wrong huh? :rolleyes: Here is another one for you after your comment in bold.

LSU a couple of years ago in 04
Iowa 30 LSU 25 :eek:

I bet you hate facts

Yawn. Relevance to 2006? None. I didn't think so.

pack0808
10-18-2006, 09:41 AM
Actual fact...

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/6092/iowadj6.jpg

Suddenly a near loss to Army doesn't seem all that embarrassing.

To compare even a poor Big 10 team to Army is just as ignorant as it gets. By the way, Indiana played and SEC team in Kentucky last year and won 38-14. But I thought the whole SEC conference was like NFL teams and beat up on each other? Yes that was an embarrassing loss for Iowa (they completely own that series obviously) but I bet can find plenty of embarrassing losses for UT if I choose to look them up. So was UT the aggy of the Big 12 in those years? :rolleyes:

pack0808
10-18-2006, 09:44 AM
Yawn. Relevance to 2006? None. I didn't think so.

Do you need reading comprehension classes bro? I mean seriously?

Your comment.... I'm talking about Auburn now. A couple of years ago, you could have put "LSU" and "Georgia" in place of "Florida" and "Auburn" and my comments would ring just as true.

My comment.... LSU a couple of years ago in 04
Iowa 30 LSU 25

Try and stay with me man you can do it.

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 09:48 AM
To compare even a poor Big 10 team to Army is just as ignorant as it gets. By the way, Indiana played and SEC team in Kentucky last year and won 38-14.

Yawn. Relvenace to 2006? None. I didn't think so.

When you catch up to the present day, your going to be happy to see Steve Spurrier is no longer at Florida, Ohio State hired this good 1AA coach by the name of Jim Tressel and he actually won a NC with them (the only NC for the Big Televen in the BCS era). Of course, your going to be sad to see that pink locker aggy just lost to Indiana, but you'll get over it.

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 09:50 AM
My comment.... LSU a couple of years ago in 04
Iowa 30 LSU 25

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6933/nichsabanpa5.jpg

Im sorry, you were saying something?

pack0808
10-18-2006, 09:51 AM
Yawn. Relvenace to 2006? None. I didn't think so.

When you catch up to the present day, your going to be happy to see Steve Spurrier is no longer at Florida, Ohio State hired this good 1AA coach by the name of Jim Tressel and he actually won a NC with them (the only NC for the Big Televen in the BCS era). Of course, your going to be sad to see that pink locker aggy just lost to Indiana, but you'll get over it.

You really are a waste of computer space at times. I mean you act like last year or the year before was 1943? You can't handle losing an argument can you? Care to compare the Big12 to the Big10? :eek: Go talk to your counselor or something because I have work to do. Take care

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 09:54 AM
Care to compare the Big12 to the Big10?

Sure. The Big XII sucks, the Big Televen does not. I've spent an entire thread saying that, but it appears to have sailed over your head like an Indiana TD pass.

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 10:00 AM
You want to talk about the past? Texas is 5-3 all time vs. Big Ten teams (7-6 if you count Penn State even though Penn State was not a Big Ten team when Texas played them). Texas owns the Big Televen.

pack0808
10-18-2006, 10:00 AM
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6933/nichsabanpa5.jpg

Im sorry, you were saying something?

I can't resist so my work will have to hold off for a few minutes longer. Stay with me here ok. LSU a couple of years ago in 04 lost to Iowa in the Capital One Bowl. Now 3 years ago in 03 LSU won the BCS championship. Just for the record you do know a couple of years ago means 2 right? Just checking?

I got another interesting fact for you in 2003 when LSU won their NC with one loss.

2003 Florida 19 LSU 7
2003 outback bowl Iowa 37 Florida 17 :eek: :eek:

Just thought you would find that interesting because I did.

pack0808
10-18-2006, 10:03 AM
You want to talk about the past? Texas is 5-3 all time vs. Big Ten teams (7-6 if you count Penn State even though Penn State was not a Big Ten team when Texas played them). Texas owns the Big Televen.

Is Texas the only team in the Big12 maybe I am missing someting? The Big10 has an absolute dominant record over the Big12 since the Big12 came to existence it is not even close. By the way, If you consider 5-3 or 7-6 counting Penn St owning somebody then you are even more delusional and more of a homer then I thought.

ThEgReAtOnE
10-18-2006, 11:17 AM
So far, this season...

SEC
Overall Record vs Non-Conference: 26-6
Last year National Championship Appearance or Win: None
# of teams in Top 25: 6
# of teams in the Top 10: 3
Heisman Candidates: Chris Leak
Teams with wins against Top 25 opponents: Florida (2), Auburn (2), Tennessee (2), Arkansas (1)
Total # of wins against Top 25 teams: 7

Big Ten
Overall Record vs Non-Conference: 28-10
# of teams in Top 25: 3
# of teams in the Top 10: 2
Heisman Candidates: Troy Smith, Ted Ginn Jr.
Teams with wins against Top 25 opponents: Ohio State (3), Michigan (1)
Total # of wins against Top 25 teams: 4

Big XII
Overall Record vs Non-Conference: 33-15
Last year National Championship Appearance or Win: Texas (Won)
# of teams in Top 25: 5
# of teams in the Top 10: 1
Heisman Candidates: Adrian Peterson (IR)
Teams with wins against Top 25 opponents: Texas (1), Texas A&M (1)
Total # of wins against Top 25 teams: 2

ACC
Overall Record vs Non-Conference: 25-13
# of teams in Top 25: 4
# of teams in the Top 10: 0
Heisman Candidates: 0
Teams with wins against Top 25 opponents: Clemson (1), FSU (1), Boston College (2), Georgia Tech (1)
Total # of wins against Top 25 teams: 5

Pac-10
Overall Record vs Non-Conference: 21-9
Last year National Championship Appearance or Win: USC (Lost)
Heisman Candidates: Marshawn Lynch
Teams with wins against Top 25 opponents: USC (1), Oregon (1?), California (2)
Total # of wins against Top 25 teams: 4

Big East
Overall Record vs Non-Conference: 29-8
Heisman Candidates: Steve Slaton, Brian Brohm, Michael Bush (IR)
Teams with wins against Top 25 opponents: Louisville (1)
Total # of wins against Top 25 teams: 1

Since 2000, The Big XII has had 3 different teams (OU - 2000, 2003, 2004, Nebraska - 2001 and Texas - 2005) play in 5 different BCS NC titles, going 2-3. The SEC has had 1 team (LSU - 2003) play in 1 BCS NC game, going 1-0. The Big Ten has had 1 team (Ohio State - 2002) play for 1 BCS NC, going 1-0. The ACC has had 2 teams (FSU - 2000, Miami - 2001, 2002) play for 3 BCS NC titles, going 1-2. The Pac-10 has had 1 team (USC - 2004, 2005) play for 2 BCS NC titles, going 1-1. The Big East has not had a team play for a title.

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 11:18 AM
Is Texas the only team in the Big12 maybe I am missing someting? The Big10 has an absolute dominant record over the Big12 since the Big12 came to existence it is not even close. By the way, If you consider 5-3 or 7-6 counting Penn St owning somebody then you are even more delusional and more of a homer then I thought.

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/image_lib/brown_m_trophy_010606_2_300.jpghttp://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2137/iowa2su8.jpg

I'm sorry, what were you saying again?

pack0808
10-18-2006, 11:20 AM

Penn St was in the Big10 when they beat Texas in 96 by the way! That is the only time they met when Penn St. was actually in the Big 10.
Yes all time Texas has a very slight lead vs "current" Big 10 teams (going way way back to the 30's). If you are talking modern era then the Big 10 has the advantage. Here is Texas vs the Big 10 current teams since 1970. If I missed one let me know. By the way, Texas is the only other team I kind of cheer for besides my Iowa Hawks. I have nothing but respect for UT but I just thought it would be interesting to see if your UT dominance theory over the Big 10 held up. It did not at all no matter how you want to look at it (all time or modern era)

1971 UT 6 Penn St. 36
1984 UT 17 Iowa 55 :eek: ;)
1984 UT 28 Penn St. 3
1989 UT 12 Penn St. 16
1990 UT 17 Penn St. 13
1996 UT 15 Penn St. 38
2004 UT 38 Michigan 37
2005 UT 25 Ohio St. 22
2006 UT 7 Ohio St. 24

So if my calculations are right then UT is 4-5 vs the current Big 10 teams since 1970.

UT was 0-1 vs the Big10 in the 70's
UT was 1-2 vs the Big10 in the 80's
UT was 1-1 vs the Big10 in the 90's
UT is 2-1 vs the Big10 in the 00's. Their 2 wins vs very good Big10 teams were by a combined 4 points.

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 11:22 AM
Since 2000, The Big XII has had 3 different teams (OU - 2000, 2003, 2004, Nebraska - 2001 and Texas - 2005) play in 5 different BCS NC titles, going 2-3. The SEC has had 1 team (LSU - 2003) play in 1 BCS NC game, going 1-0. The Big Ten has had 1 team (Ohio State - 2002) play for 1 BCS NC, going 1-0. The ACC has had 2 teams (FSU - 2000, Miami - 2001, 2002) play for 3 BCS NC titles, going 1-2. The Pac-10 has had 1 team (USC - 2004, 2005) play for 2 BCS NC titles, going 1-1. The Big East has not had a team play for a title.

The SEC has had two team play for an win BCS national titles. Tennessee won the first BCS title in '98.

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 11:25 AM
Yes all time Texas has a very slight lead vs "current" Big 10 teams (going way way back to the 30's). If you are talking modern era then the Big 10 has the advantage. Here is Texas vs the Big 10 current teams since 1970. If I missed one let me know. By the way, Texas is the only other team I kind of cheer for besides my Iowa Hawks. I have nothing but respect for UT but I just thought it would be interesting to see if your UT dominance theory over the Big 10 held up. It did not at all no matter how you want to look at it (all time or modern era)

Yawn. The good ole' "modern era" argument. You know you have lost an argument when you are forced to use the words "modern era" just to try and save some dignity.

pack0808
10-18-2006, 11:36 AM
This year, so far...

SEC
Overall Record vs Non-Conference: 26-6
# of teams in Top 25: 6
# of teams in the Top 10: 3
Heisman Candidates: Chris Leak

Big Ten
Overall Record vs Non-Conference: 28-10
Heisman Candidates: Troy Smith, Ted Ginn Jr.

Big XII
Overall Record vs Non-Conference: 33-15
Last year National Championship Appearance or Win: Texas (Won)
# of teams in Top 25: 5
Heisman Candidates: Adrian Peterson (IR)

ACC
Overall Record vs Non-Conference: 25-13
# of teams in Top 25: 4
# of teams in the Top 10: 0
Heisman Candidates: 0

Pac-10
Overall Record vs Non-Conference: 21-9
Heisman Candidates: Marshawn Lynch

Big East
Overall Record vs Non-Conference: 29-8
Heisman Candidates: Steve Slaton, Brian Brohm, Michael Bush (IR)

Notice you left off the # of teams in the top5! ;) The Big 10 has 2. Yes the Big12 has played in more NC's this decade but the Big 10 has a huge lead in the overall series and in the bowl games vs these 2 conferences since the Big 12 began in 96. So overall these conferences have not been close which makes the Big12 very top heavy since it has begun. I will give you this. The Big12 has 3 NC's since it was formed in 96 compared to the Big10's 2.

Diablos
10-18-2006, 11:38 AM
Notice you left off the # of teams in the top5! ;) The Big 10 has 2. Yes the Big12 has played in more NC's this decade but the Big 10 has a huge lead in the overall series and in the bowl games vs these 2 conferences since the Big 12 began in 96. So overall these conferences have not been close which makes the Big12 very top heavy since it has begun. I will give you this. The Big12 has 3 NC's since it was formed in 96 compared to the Big10's 2.

That's the great thing about stats....just keep looking and you'll find one to fit.

pack0808
10-18-2006, 11:43 AM
Yawn. The good ole' "modern era" argument. You know you have lost an argument when you are forced to use the words "modern era" just to try and save some dignity.

It must be painful when getting proven wrong huh? You are making this so easy man. Even if you go back to 1930 like you want there is no such thing as dominance at all. 7-6 all time egads. Most only care about the modern era (since 70) compared to talking about games way before they were born. Congrats on some of those huge wins like the 13 to 6 win vs Indiana in 1940 or the big 1950 win over the Purdue Boilermakers 34-26. Ohh but i can brag on one I am so puuuuumped dude. NW beat UT 3-0 in 42. Yes! that is big time right there. :rolleyes: Yeah your right forget the modern era (the 70's on) let's talk about the 40's when they still had leather helmets on.

Firebird
10-18-2006, 11:47 AM
RIGHT NOW the Big 12 does indeed suck compared to recent years.

Mizzou ---is a WAY overrated Top 25 team. Their only "quality" win came against Tech, and as much as it pains me to say it, that doesn't exactly count as quality. Might win the Big 12 North, but that ain't saying much.

Nebraska-- is showing signs of life. Don't get me wrong. But they are also a bit overrated. If Nebraska was playing in the SEC they would have only a string of losses to look forward to. As it is, they MIGHT win the Big 12 North. The Big 12 needs Nebraska to return to form.

Oklamoma-- Just....blah. They might be the 2nd best team in the Big 12 South, but it is a really distant second.

Texas A&M-- The jury is still out. Even if they do finish 2nd in the Big 12 South (as I am picking them to) again, it is a very, very distant second. And there is always the distinct possibility that they will lose to Baylor.

Texas Tech---- 30-6 vs a no-win Colorado team. 'Nuff said.

Kansas, Okie State, Baylor, Iowa State--- not TERRIBLE on the national level, but not good either.

K-State--- Again, the Big 12 needs them to get better. The conference's image has taken a hit since they imploded.

Colorado--- 1-6, including a loss to 1-AA Montana State. Again, 'nuff said.

What is really hurting the Big 12 is a lack of competition at the top. What we need is for either Oklahoma, Tech, or A&M to emerge next year as a LEGIT challenger to Texas in the South. Then at least one high-caliber team (I hope Nebraska) to emerge as a true contender in the North and add some drama to the Big 12 championship game. The Big 10 has Ohio State-Michigan both as true NC, top 5 type teams. SEC gets battles like Florida-Auburn. Right now the Big 12 doesn't have that, and it makes the conference look bad.

ThEgReAtOnE
10-18-2006, 11:49 AM
The SEC has had two team play for an win BCS national titles. Tennessee won the first BCS title in '98.

I know....I have 2 very good friends who played on that team. (I was on the sidelines, at that NC game.)

But if you notice I said...SINCE 2000.

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 11:50 AM
It must be painful when getting proven wrong huh? You are making this so easy man. Even if you go back to 1930 like you want there is no such thing as dominance at all. 7-6 all time egads. Most only care about the modern era (since 70) compared to talking about games way before they were born. Congrats on some of those huge wins like the 13 to 6 win vs Indiana in 1940 or the big 1950 win over the Purdue Boilermakers 34-26. Ohh but i can brag on one I am so puuuuumped dude. NW beat UT 3-0 in 42. Yes! that is big time right there. :rolleyes: Yeah your right forget the modern era (the 70's on) let's talk about the 40's when they still had leather helmets on.

http://smokeys-trail.com/Visions-of/98trophy.jpghttp://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/ap/iaced25209281050.hmedium.jpg

There I go again, what were you trying to say?

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 11:52 AM
I know....I have 2 very good friends who played on that team. (I was on the sidelines, at that NC game.)

But if you notice I said...SINCE 2000.

Is that the "modern era"? Does that mean we can't count Tennessee's title? Does the "modern era" include Andre Ware?

ThEgReAtOnE
10-18-2006, 11:55 AM
Is that the "modern era"? Does that mean we can't count Tennessee's title? Does the "modern era" include Andre Ware?

Count what you want. I was making the point that I knew that the Volunteers had won the NC, in 1998. (I was there.) But, my comment above was related to this year and since the year 2000.

BTW, go back up and look at the #'s again. What jumps out at you?

pack0808
10-18-2006, 11:55 AM
Typical jtk. When he makes some ridiculous false statements his only answer is to ignore it and make post's like this. Waste of time would be an understatement.

Diablos
10-18-2006, 11:58 AM
Typical jtk. When he makes some ridiculous false statements his only answer is to ignore it and make post's like this. Waste of time would be an understatement.

They learn by hero modeling.

pack0808
10-18-2006, 12:03 PM

I am like jtk forget the modern era lets talk about the days when they played some real football.
I want to talk about the great 1899 and 1900 Iowa teams. Man they did not lose a game for 2 years. :eek: :D I think Jessie James was their qb and boy could he "rifle" it.

1900-Iowa (Western)

9/28 vs. Upper Iowa (non-IA) W 57 0
10/6 vs. Northern Iowa (non-IA) W 68 0
10/12 vs. Simpson (non-IA) W 47 0
10/26 vs. Drake (6-3) W 26 0
11/3 @ *Chicago (9-5-1) W 17 0
11/10 vs. *Michigan (7-2-1) W 28 5 @ Detroit, MI
11/16 vs. Grinnell (3-6) W 63 2
11/29 @ *Northwestern (7-2-3) T 5 5
7-0-1
311 12
1899-Iowa (Independent)

9/23 vs. Northern Iowa (non-IA) W 22 0
10/7 @ Chicago (16-0-2) T 5 5
10/14 vs. William Penn W 35 0
10/21 vs. Rush Medical W 17 0
10/28 vs. Iowa State (5-4-1) W 5 0
11/4 vs. Nebraska W 30 0 @ Omaha, NE
11/11 vs. Grinnell (7-2-1) W 16 0
11/18 @ Knox (4-4-1) W 35 0
11/30 vs. Illinois (3-5-1) W 58 0 @ Rock Island, IL
8-0-1
223 5

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 12:09 PM

What false statements? I started ignoring your silly, pointless stats and nonsensical whining somewhere on page 2.

dragonsdaddy
10-18-2006, 12:58 PM
What false statements? I started ignoring your silly, pointless stats and nonsensical whining somewhere on page 2.
i wish i had ignored this whole silly thread from page 1. i am much less intelligent for the perusing. thanks to 2 of my favorite posters for dragging me thru this garbage.

pack0808
10-18-2006, 01:07 PM

Yeah I know that is what you do. You ignore when you are proven wrong. I do not blame you at all my friend. I am not going to bother going back and naming the several statements that you said that were false because it is really not worth it. I swear you are bi-polar at times?

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 01:08 PM
i wish i had ignored this whole silly thread from page 1. i am much less intelligent for the perusing. thanks to 2 of my favorite posters for dragging me thru this garbage.

Anytime. :D

BTW, was this a serious thread?

pack0808
10-18-2006, 01:09 PM

I am glad I could make you less intelligent today d-daddy. ;) Becareful when you diagnose some patient today though. :eek:

BeauxGeezy
10-18-2006, 01:10 PM
I would just like to point out that Pack08 posting the score from the 1984 Texas/Iowa game was totally uncalled for.
I think I paid the price for that one a long,long,long time ago.

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 01:10 PM
Yeah I know that is what you do. You ignore when you are proven wrong. I do not blame you at all my friend. I am not going to bother going back and naming the several statements that you said that were false because it is really not worth it. I swear you are bi-polar at times?

One cannot name what is not there. Consider yourself pwn3d. :D

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 01:12 PM
I would just like to point out that Pack08 posting the score from the 1984 Texas/Iowa game was totally uncalled for.
I think I paid the price for that one a long,long,long time ago.

I was 2 when that game was played. I didn't care then and amazingly, my interest in it has yet grow.

pack0808
10-18-2006, 01:14 PM
One cannot name what is not there. Consider yourself pwn3d. :D

Okie dokie jtk if you say so. Now go switch personalities or something!

BeauxGeezy
10-18-2006, 01:15 PM
I was 2 when that game was played. I didn't care then and amazingly, my interest in it has yet grow.

Pack08 and I were both 10...and he rubbed it in my face forever!!
I made the mistake of bringing up Chuck Long one day...OH NO YOU DIDN't!!!
He got me pretty good. I think it's time to put that bad boy to rest...

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 01:16 PM
Okie dokie jtk if you say so. Now go switch personalities or something!

Go switch underwear. I've beaten the s*** out of you enough today. :D

pack0808
10-18-2006, 01:17 PM

I know you hate the modern era like me. Let's keep it 1930 in this biatch.

Wide you know I like and respect UT but when this guy calls my team pink aggy do you think I am not going to respond. This is how it started. I simply said he was crazy for thinking the SEC was that good (proved it) and then he decided to call my Iowa Hawkeyes pink aggy? I mean wtf?

pack0808
10-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Go switch underwear. I've beaten the s*** out of you enough today. :D

You really are delusional and it is fairly sad. I proven you wrong so many times that I was starting to feel sorry for you. Now go talk to yourself in the mirror and put your lipstick on.

BeauxGeezy
10-18-2006, 01:21 PM

Wide you know I like and respect UT but when this guy calls my team pink aggy do you think I am not going to respond. This is how it started. I simply said he was crazy for thinking the SEC was that good (proved it) and decided to call my Iowa Hawkeyes pink? I mean wtf?

I feel you dawg...pink locker aggy was a bit much. I would have said Indiana's 'lil brother or something...but as a joke. Something tells me jtk wasn't joking though. The love for the SEC is just too much. The media buys into this whole "old school" the south is where real football is played...best gameday experience crap. Some of that is true.............but you can't be blinded by it so badly that you overlook football elsewhere.
FWIW...I think Florida and Auburn are both way overrated.

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 01:22 PM

Wide you know I like and respect UT but when this guy calls my team pink aggy do you think I am not going to respond. This is how it started. I simply said he was crazy for thinking the SEC was that good (proved it) and decided to call my Iowa Hawkeyes pink aggy? I mean wtf?

pink locker aggy fears nobody (except Indiana). :p :D

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 01:24 PM
You really are delusional and it is fairly sad. I proven you wrong so many times that I was starting to feel sorry for you. Now go talk to yourself in the mirror and put your lipstick on.

One cannot prove the existence of that which does not exists. :cool:

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 01:25 PM
I feel you dawg...pink locker aggy was a bit much. I would have said Indiana's 'lil brother or something...but as a joke. Something tells me jtk wasn't joking though. The love for the SEC is just too much. The media buys into this whole "old school" the south is where real football is played...best gameday experience crap. Some of that is true.............but you can't be blinded by it so badly that you overlook football elsewhere.

Didn't you once wear a hat? A special kind of hat? Maybe, an embarrassing hat? Yeah, your opinion is equally worthless. :p :D

pack0808
10-18-2006, 01:28 PM

On the SEC I know! I almost started to believe it until I looked up the facts vs the Big 10 in this decade. I figured the Big 10 was way behind the way the media sees it. These 2 conferences have played each other over and over since 2000 and it is virtually a dead lock. I watched the Big10's 3rd place team Wisconsin (a team Iowa beat last year by the way) man handle all everything Auburn last year and was like what the heck? Then I have seen my Hawks play some of the SEC's best the last 3 year and they are 2-1 vs them and their only loss was a very close game to Florida last year. They blew out Florida just a few years before. I mean it just does not add up. Ohio St., UT, Michigan, USC would all hammer Auburn and Florida this year without a doubt.

On the pink agggy thing? Gay! Iowa has finished in the top 10 in the nation 3 of the last 4 years and he is calling them aggy for being shocked by a poor Big 10 team? Please! So I guess Georgia is red aggy since they lost to horrible Vandy last week?

BeauxGeezy
10-18-2006, 01:30 PM
Didn't you once wear a hat? A special kind of hat? Maybe, an embarrassing hat? Yeah, your opinion is equally worthless. :p :D

I honored a bet that I lost and wore an OU cap for about 10 seconds. Long enough to have my picture taken and then I stomped on it and kicked it off a balcony. Having integrity and owning up to your end of a bet is nothing to be ashamed of...In fact there are few people on here that should try doing it.

Anyway...pink locker aggy was a bit much. It's okay to call Tceh-sand aggy...or USC botox aggy...or even Colorado-drunk co-ed aggy....
but Iowa's fans have never talked trash to Texas. Not that I know of anyway...Unless you count a 10 year old calling me and laughing into the phone when Iowa absolutely killed Texas...

BeauxGeezy
10-18-2006, 01:32 PM
So I guess Georgia is red aggy since they lost to horrible Vandy last week?

Actually Georgia is pig farmer aggy...but that's not the point.

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 01:33 PM
Seriously man, I have been toying with you since 8:30 this morning, but do you really not get the pink locker aggy reference? I didnít think it was all that hard. I donít expect the Midwestern State fans to get it, but I didnít expect Indianís little brother (thanks for that one Geezy) to miss it.

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 01:34 PM

I was going to go with peanut farming aggy, but pigs are good.

farmerfan
10-18-2006, 01:35 PM

i hope that's not a knock at me ;)
I had a great time with pig farmer aggy daughters last weekend. Georgia was Vandalized.

BeauxGeezy
10-18-2006, 01:38 PM
I had a great time with pig farmer aggy daughters last weekend. Georgia was Vandalized.

My Dad always gives my Mom the business about being from Georgia.
Saying they could hide the entire state in one of Texas' counties and she would never find it. Calling all of her family pig farmers...it's quite funny to listen to.

BTW..."giving 'em the business" is my new saying...I'm out of control with it. Use it at least 20 times a day.

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Georgia was Vandalized.

:D

dragonsdaddy
10-18-2006, 01:43 PM
i think it would be more appropriate to say they were farmer-ized.

farmerfan
10-18-2006, 01:43 PM
My Dad always gives my Mom the business about being from Georgia.
Saying they could hide the entire state in one of Texas' counties and she would never find it. Calling all of her family pig farmers...it's quite funny to listen to.

BTW..."giving 'em the business" is my new saying...I'm out of control with it. Use it at least 20 times a day.

glad I could be of help.
funny thing about UGA is that it is the Ag school of georgia and they fly a 4A flag under their state flag at sanford stadium.

farmerfan
10-18-2006, 01:44 PM
i think it would be more appropriate to say they were farmer-ized.

that they were. im taking donations to fund my next trip out there, only thing is I have been told next time I go, a certain someone is going with me :mad:

dragonsdaddy
10-18-2006, 01:45 PM
glad I could be of help.
funny thing about UGA is that it is the Ag school of georgia and they fly a 4A flag under their state flag at sanford stadium.
did you mean "4f"? 4a doesn't compute.

dragonsdaddy
10-18-2006, 01:46 PM
that they were. im taking donations to fund my next trip out there, only thing is I have been told next time I go, a certain someone is going with me :mad:
then you might as well come to sl and have some cb products. lots cheaper, and the same effect.

svhorns
10-18-2006, 01:46 PM
that just means he's a true Highschool football fan...

BeauxGeezy
10-18-2006, 01:47 PM
I thought it was 4H club...
My wife informed me the other day that FFA is no longer the proper term to use. She says they are much more than just farmers and did away with that name. She should know with her country ***.

dragonsdaddy
10-18-2006, 01:50 PM
My wife informed me the other day that FFA is no longer the proper term to use. She says they are much more than just farmers and did away with that name. She should know with her country ***.
yeah, isn't it great to correct some one and turn out to be just as wrong? should have kept quiet, so as not to remove all doubt.

BeauxGeezy
10-18-2006, 01:52 PM
yeah, isn't it great to correct some one and turn out to be just as wrong? should have kept quiet, so as not to remove all doubt.

Quick what do the 4H's stand for?
I'll go first......

Hoez
Hoochies
Hookers and
Huzzies

farmerfan
10-18-2006, 01:53 PM

yeah i meant 4H, hit the "a" after I hit the caps lock button. but geezy is right it is a 4H flag that they fly under the state flag.

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Hookers
Hoops
Henley (as in Don... Eagles haters shut up)
Huskers getting beat at home by Texas... again

farmerfan
10-18-2006, 01:58 PM
heaven- as in georgia is as close to heaven as I have been
hefeweizen
halletsville- met a girl on the georgia v-ball team from halletsville
hue hefner

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 02:04 PM
hue hefner

Well played, Sir. :cool:

dragonsdaddy
10-18-2006, 02:07 PM
"hue hefner" i always color him satisfied. i think that was one of the crayolas they did away with along with flesh when the axlu flared up.

BeauxGeezy
10-18-2006, 02:08 PM
the OU version is..

Hummers
Hondas
and Hello Handfuls of money

BeauxGeezy
10-18-2006, 02:09 PM
"hue hefner" i always color him satisfied. i think that was one of the crayolas they did away with along with flesh when the axlu flared up.

axlu?
Struggling with acronyms today d-daddy?

dragonsdaddy
10-18-2006, 02:10 PM
axlu?
x-c whatever. those lower left letters all sound the same to me anyway.
aclu

BeauxGeezy
10-18-2006, 02:11 PM
Yeah...blame the lower left for everything.

dragonsdaddy
10-18-2006, 02:12 PM
axlu?
damn that good-looking typing teacher fresh out of north texas normal, and those damned royal manual typewriters. i've been handicapped ever since.

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 02:19 PM
the OU version is..

Hummers
Hondas
and Hello Handfuls of money

The Tech version...

Herpes
HIV
Hepatitis
HPV

Firebird
10-18-2006, 05:45 PM
The Tech version...

Herpes
HIV
Hepatitis
HPV

Good one. How about UT...

Hippies
Handcuffs
Hoity-Toity
Hefiers

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 06:12 PM
Handcuffs

The kinkier the better. Pooper. :cool:

slorch
10-18-2006, 06:29 PM
Texas

hand-cuffs
hippies
heifers
and
homos

BeauxGeezy
10-18-2006, 06:30 PM
Or aggy...

Holy
Hell
How do we continue to suck this
Hard?

jtk1519
10-18-2006, 07:04 PM
Or aggy...

Holy
Hell
How do we continue to suck this
Hard?

And Geezy hits another one out of the park. :D

Firebird
10-18-2006, 07:22 PM
Texas

hand-cuffs
hippies
heifers
and
homos

I don't know how I mispelled "heifers".. I am not at all dylsexic.

dragonsdaddy
10-18-2006, 07:27 PM
I don't know how I mispelled "heifers".. I am not at all dylsexic.
that's easier sone than dead. hefiers might just catch on if marketed right in the land of the lotus.