PDA

View Full Version : Are we biased toward 26-5A or are they that good?

ktchamp97
10-16-2006, 12:54 PM
I've seen a couple different posts suggesting that we are somehow biased toward 26-5A and that they are not worthy of the praise they receive over Districts 25 and 28. While both fairly good districts, they do not come close to 26-5A in terms of overall quality.

Consider the following:

First, we'll look at 25-5A's performance against 5A non-district opponents...
In summary, 25-5A was 2-6 against non-district 5A opponents with a combined 24-26 record including 0-6 against 14-5A. In fact, 25-5A didn't beat a single team with a .500 or better winning percentage in non-district play.

Only Bowie and Anderson have a SOS (strength of schedule) ranked in the top half of all 5A teams.

25-5A vs. 14-5A, Record: (0-5), Opponents' Record: (17-13)
L to Westwood (5-1)
L to Stony Point (2-4)
L to Round Rock (4-2)
L to McNeil (4-2)
L to Pflugerville (2-4)

25-5A vs. 3-5A, Record: (1-0), Opponents' Record: (2-4)
W vs Abilene (2-4)

25-5A vs. 13-5A, Record: (1-0), Opponents' Record: (0-7)
W vs Belton (0-7)

25-5A vs. 26-5A, Record: (0-1), Opponents' Record: (5-2)
L to Madison (5-2)

Compare that to 26-5A's non-district performance...
In summary, 26-5A posted a 12-2 5A non-district record against opponents with a combined 45-46 record, including 6-1 overall against 28-5A.

26-5A defeated 7 teams with .500 or better winning percentage, while 25-5A defeated none.

7 of the 9 teams in 26-5A have an SOS ranked in the Top 32 of all 5A teams!

26-5A vs 14-5A, Record: (1-1), Opponents' Record (7-5)
L to Leander (4-2)
W vs Georgetown (3-3)

26-5A vs 15-5A, Record: (1-0), Opponents' Record (3-3)
W vs The Woodlands (3-3)

26-5A vs 16-5A, Record: (1-0), Opponents' Record (1-5)
W vs Spring (1-5)

26-5A vs 25-5A, Record: (1-0), Opponents' Record (5-1)
W vs Seguin (5-1)

26-5A vs 27-5A, Record: (2-0), Opponents' Record (2-12)
W vs Highlands (1-6)
W vs Victoria Mem. (1-6)

26-5A vs 28-5A, Record: (6-1), Opponents' Record (27-20)
W vs Clark (3-3)
W vs Marshall (5-2)
W vs Holmes (1-5)
W vs Marshall (5-2)
W vs Taft (3-4)
W vs O'Connor (5-2)
L vs O'Connor (5-2)

Looking at what each district has done, it would be impossible to argue that 25-5A or 28-5A is even comparable to 26-5A in terms of overall quality. That district is praised because they have earned it with their performance on the field. Despite what some would like to believe, we don't favor certain districts or teams just because we have some vendetta against your district or team. We actually do pay attention to results, and, in this case, the results do not support the conspiracy theorists.

badger95
10-16-2006, 01:00 PM
It's amazing how that district improved when Smithson Valley joined it. Previousely the teams there would compete to get second behind Judson, but since the Rangers joined, the whole district has really raised it's level of play.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Lady Bird Johnson and Canyon Lake HS's open up in the next couple of years. That will likely cause SV to drop to 4A again, and split the talent from Reagan.

lonny23
10-16-2006, 01:06 PM
You guys are doing fine with what you say abut Region 4. This year's facts are before us and the history of the past champions the cause of the 26-5. There are plenty of morons who post on this forum and you have to ignore what they say. They don't want you guys to tell the truth. They want you to say what they want to hear.

Just look who has won Region titles the last 4 years:

2005 Judson and SV
2004 Judson and SV
2003 Westlake and Clemens
2002 Judson and SV

6 of the 8 Region titles were won by 26-5A, with Westlake and the first SV title being the exceptions.

CKE
10-16-2006, 01:32 PM
It's amazing how that district improved when Smithson Valley joined it. Previousely the teams there would compete to get second behind Judson, but since the Rangers joined, the whole district has really raised it's level of play.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Lady Bird Johnson and Canyon Lake HS's open up in the next couple of years. That will likely cause SV to drop to 4A again, and split the talent from Reagan.

I dont think it will have a lot of affect for talent. almost all of the starters for SV right now play in the zone that would still be attending SV. Only one kid is form the new school zone that would attend the new school and he moved up because of an injury. He is doing a fine job by the way

svhorns
10-16-2006, 01:38 PM
I dont think it will have a lot of affect for talent. almost all of the starters for SV right now play in the zone that would still be attending SV. Only one kid is form the new school zone that would attend the new school and he moved up because of an injury. He is doing a fine job by the way
Most of our talent comes from the Spring Branch, Bulverde area... we do have some that come from Canyon Lake but a handful sometimes.... I really dont think it will affect us much either...

DiamondJ2
10-16-2006, 01:39 PM
Those facts speak for themselves.

SeguinMatadors
10-16-2006, 02:37 PM
I have contiuouly in the past acknowledged that 265A has more good to average teams and less bad teams than any of the other districts. But that doesn't mean that the teams that are going to make the playoffs are going to be overwhelmingly better. Fact is, only the top 4 teams from each district are going to make it.

As far as the strength of schedule goes, that is sort of an endeless circle.

zippy
10-16-2006, 02:41 PM
Made that pretty clear. Good job.

leanderdad
10-16-2006, 02:44 PM
14-5A is 6 - 0 . Round Rock beat Bowie and Bastrop.:D

SeguinMatadors
10-16-2006, 02:44 PM
25 played 26 5a in one game... and that is really the only stat that matters. 25 5a was 0-1... and it was the first game of the year. Hardly enough there to make any huge assumptions. As far as what teams not named Seguin, Westlake, Austin High, and San Marcos perhaps did in their non district... I could care less. Akins and Anderson are going to lose to anyone and everyone.

SeguinMatadors
10-16-2006, 03:00 PM
25 played 26 5a in one game... and that is really the only stat that matters. 25 5a was 0-1... and it was the first game of the year. Hardly enough there to make any huge assumptions. As far as what teams not named Seguin, Westlake, Austin High, and San Marcos perhaps did in their non district... I could care less. Akins and Anderson are going to lose to anyone and everyone.

Before someone adds something along the lines of "Well you should have proved your worth by playing more 5a teams or more 26 5a teams" I will add, we did schedule two of our 3 non district games against 5a teams and 26 5a teams, too. New Braunfels is our rival so we have to play one 4a team. In addition to having Madison on our schedule we also had Macarthur on our schedule but when Lee screwed up the scheduling by going from 4a back to 5a. We lost the Mac game and we had to had to add anyone we could at the last moment which ended up being 4a Beaumont Ozen.

svhorns
10-16-2006, 03:20 PM
Austin lost to Stony Point... thats pretty bad... Stony Point is having one of their best years ever though.... but still pretty bad.. How do you lose to SP and beat Westlake.... I really think Austin isnt that great but I could be wrong... Bowie is terrible... Anderson is terrible... Akins is terrible... Bastrop is decent/terrible... San Marcos same thing different year... Seguin is probably the best team in the district... and they lost to the possible 3rd 4th or 5th place team in 26-5a... Westlake will probably do the most in the playoffs out of all the teams though...

BleedBurntOrange
10-16-2006, 03:22 PM
Top to bottom, I don't think you can argue the two districts. (25 and 26) 26 is much deeper.
But I think (until it is proved wrong in the first round of the playoffs) that the top half of both of those districts are comparible. We will see.

The stats that were put up on the top of this thread were compelling, no doubt, but you can't always go by the beginning of the year to rank teams. Some teams take longer to gel, and others may have some injuries that hurt them. What matters most is who is playing the best during November.

......ask Judson.

jrock210
10-16-2006, 04:39 PM
lol treu for example..with judson last yr wre made state ad yet we barely got in2 the playoffs and now judson has beat madison and have showed much improvement since the big losses against leander(preseason) and churhill

SACokeSooner
10-16-2006, 05:31 PM
Well, this may just be my opinion, but I feel like Marshall and Clark, especially Clark, are kinda like Judson this year. They started off slow, but now are getting better each week. So their losses early in the season to 26-5A teams may have a different outcome if played now.

I think 28-5A is better than 25-5A, do others agree with me?

26-5A gets alot of attention, but top to bottom it is the best district.

SeguinMatadors
10-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Well, this may just be my opinion, but I feel like Marshall and Clark, especially Clark, are kinda like Judson this year. They started off slow, but now are getting better each week. So their losses early in the season to 26-5A teams may have a different outcome if played now.

I think 28-5A is better than 25-5A, do others agree with me?

26-5A gets alot of attention, but top to bottom it is the best district.

I think Westlake and Seguin are better than anyone in 28-5a (including Marshall and O'Connor).

I don't know enough about Austin High but they have been impressive lately and they and San Marcos would be a good game against Clark or Jay. IMO.

Holmes, Stevens, and DelRio are pretty much on the same level as Akins and Anderson... non factors.

I agree that your middle teams (Taft and Warren) are better than our middle of the road teams (Bastrop and Bowie).

mad_fan
10-16-2006, 05:49 PM
You guys are biased...:p

Why anybody would suggest that you are biased toward anything in R4...I can't imagine...

Last week's top-25 had...

Region 1 - 7 Teams...
Region 2 - 12 Teams...
Region 3 - 4 Teams...
Region 4 - 2 Teams...

Oh yeah, I see conspiracy...:eek:

SeguinMatadors
10-16-2006, 05:52 PM

Why anybody would suggest that you are biased toward anything in R4...I can't imagine...

Region 1 - 7 Teams...
Region 2 - 12 Teams...
Region 3 - 4 Teams...
Region 4 - 2 Teams...

Interestinnnnnggggggg. Region dosssss!

Twin Threat
10-16-2006, 06:33 PM
As a 28-5a follower, 26-5a is the most competitive district in the state top to bottom. All of their games are knock, down drag out events. I've stated before they are the standard to measure up to. So I will continue to measure 28-5a to the standard. But, I will say there are times, when all the new posts are about 26-5a schools, that I move on.

mad_fan
10-16-2006, 06:35 PM
As a 28-5a follower, 26-5a is the most competitive district in the state top to bottom. All of their games are knock, down drag out events. I've stated before they are the standard to measure up to. So I will continue to measure 28-5a to the standard. But, I will say there are times, when all the new posts are about 26-5a schools, that I move on.

Me too...

I go read a SLC thread...:eek:

Gridiron Gopher
10-16-2006, 07:38 PM

Region 1 - 7 Teams...
Region 2 - 12 Teams...
Region 3 - 4 Teams...
Region 4 - 2 Teams...

Looking at your post you could say that the KT's are bias.........against 265a.
;) but we know they are not and now there are 4 teams from region IV in the top 25.

Churchill makes the top 15 and loses to a MacArthur team that could put those type of points on 90% of the teams in 5A football and they drop out? So much for a big win against the now #15 Judson team. Then Judson beats Mac 14-7, Roosevelt 24-7 and Madison 31-27 and now they are #15 but Churchill is out? I can tell you right now that all 4 teams that make it out of 265a will be in the top 25 when the regular season ends so why aren't they there now? They are in the best district in the state and Madison, Churchill or Mac would win 285a and have a very good shot as winning 255a but they will probably only be good enough for the 3rd or 4th playoff spot in 265a. Seguin and Westlake whould have a say but the fact still remains that 265a could and should right now have 4 teams in the top 25. They are good enough now and they will be at the end of the regular season and then into the playoffs.
Will they walk on 285a and 255a in the playoffs.......no but they will win probably 75% of the games and I wouldn't be surprised if they win all 8 games.

SeguinMatadors
10-16-2006, 10:02 PM
Looking at your post you could say that the KT's are bias.........against 265a.
;) but we know they are not and now there are 4 teams from region IV in the top 25.

Churchill makes the top 15 and loses to a MacArthur team that could put those type of points on 90% of the teams in 5A football and they drop out? So much for a big win against the now #15 Judson team. Then Judson beats Mac 14-7, Roosevelt 24-7 and Madison 31-27 and now they are #15 but Churchill is out? I can tell you right now that all 4 teams that make it out of 265a will be in the top 25 when the regular season ends so why aren't they there now? They are in the best district in the state and Madison, Churchill or Mac would win 285a and have a very good shot as winning 255a but they will probably only be good enough for the 3rd or 4th playoff spot in 265a. Seguin and Westlake whould have a say but the fact still remains that 265a could and should right now have 4 teams in the top 25. They are good enough now and they will be at the end of the regular season and then into the playoffs.
Will they walk on 285a and 255a in the playoffs.......no but they will win probably 75% of the games and I wouldn't be surprised if they win all 8 games.

I will tell you this simple as can be.... any team that gives up 55 points in a game doens't have the defense to compete for a championship or even in the playoffs for long. Churchill is overrated and not worthy of the top 25.

Gridiron Gopher
10-16-2006, 10:09 PM
I will tell you this simple as can be.... any team that gives up 55 points in a game doens't have the defense to compete for a championship or even in the playoffs for long. Churchill is overrated and not worthy of the top 25.

I will tell you this simple as can be too!....any team that can beat Judson does have the defense to "compete" for a championship or even in the playoffs for long. Churchill is "not" overrated and worthy of the top 25. :p

jrock210
10-16-2006, 10:48 PM
i agree with u on that judson had a bad game and due to a serious bad cll judson should have won taht

rangerpride
10-16-2006, 10:50 PM
Most of our talent comes from the Spring Branch, Bulverde area... we do have some that come from Canyon Lake but a handful sometimes.... I really dont think it will affect us much either...

Hate to play devil's advocate here, but there is more than "1 guy" from the Canyon Lake area on the team.

Looking at the roster, these guys live in the attendance zone that would be going to the new Canyon Lake HS, granted these guys won't be there next year because of graduation and the fact that only grades 7-10 will start there next year.

W. McDonald
W. Bierbaum
J. Brown
J. Galindo
W. Salazar
B. Vehrs
T. Parsons
J. Nichols
D. Aguirre
E. Bias
C.Herring
T. Pogue

All these guys went to SVMS, which is the attendance zone that will be going to CLHS. Still, it won't affect these guys, but it will effect the current freshman class.

rangerpride
10-16-2006, 11:00 PM

It's already having an effect at the Middle School level. If you look at the 7th grade football standings, (I say 7th because the new attendance lines that were drawn last spring apply only to 7th graders, since 8th graders got to choose to stay at Spring Branch if they were there in 7th grade) Smithson Valley MS in ahead of Spring Branch in the standings for the first time in about 5 years. And both teams are in the middle of the pack (Spring Branch normally finishes 1 or 2) which isn't typical.

SVMS A Team 3-2 B Team 3-1-1
SBMS A Team 2-3 B Team 3-2

The talent pool has begun to suffer. We will not have the depth we are used to having in a few years. That's why SV better win state in the next 2-3 years, because it will get MUCH tougher after that with the weaker pool of players coming from the middle school.

Crank_It
10-16-2006, 11:12 PM
Hate to play devil's advocate here, but there is more than "1 guy" from the Canyon Lake area on the team.

Looking at the roster, these guys live in the attendance zone that would be going to the new Canyon Lake HS, granted these guys won't be there next year because of graduation and the fact that only grades 7-10 will start there next year.

W. McDonald
W. Bierbaum
J. Brown
J. Galindo
W. Salazar
B. Vehrs
T. Parsons
J. Nichols
D. Aguirre
E. Bias
C.Herring
T. Pogue

All these guys went to SVMS, which is the attendance zone that will be going to CLHS. Still, it won't affect these guys, but it will effect the current freshman class.

thats 15% of SV's roster that will be gone once they come up, i dont think they'll suffer quite as much as everyone thinks they will, especially with the tremendous growth and expansion of the sping branch area factored in.

svrangermom
10-17-2006, 02:17 PM
The new attendance zones (and the new no transfer rule-many of the SBMS students in the past really should have been going to SVMS) evened out the playing field between the two middle schools. With the way the lines are drawn now many Bulverde and Spring Branch kids now to SVMS and will still go to SVHS. They used hwy 281 as the boundary. (Going N the right side goes to SVMS and the left side goes to SBMS)

As far as the new school taking SV down to 4A-not going to happen!

As far as it affecting this year's freshmen group-from what we've heard the majority if not all of the core talent is staying. Only 200 of the entire freshman class will be leaving. That barely puts a dent in 2010's numbers. That class is huge!

If our coaches stay put this new school will not affect SV at all.

TheRowdyRanger
10-17-2006, 04:20 PM

I don't think SV will drop to 4A when the other schools open. They have already declared that Canyon HS will be a 3a...meaning that they shouldn't have more than 600 to 800 students its first year. Which means even if it takes 500 or so people away from SV it should still weigh in at around 1800, which I believe is the smallest amount to still reach the 5A classification. This is just what I am hoping anyway. I think moving back down to 4A would be a step back for SV, being as how they have already proven themselves a threat in 5A. It would likely mean good things for the football program, but they still have so much left to prove in 5A as well. With so many people wanting to move out of the city, I think SV would be right back where it is in a few years even if a significant number of students were taken away from it.

svhorns
10-17-2006, 04:23 PM
I don't think SV will drop to 4A when the other schools open. They have already declared that Canyon HS will be a 3a...meaning that they shouldn't have more than 600 to 800 students its first year. Which means even if it takes 500 or so people away from SV it should still weigh in at around 1800, which I believe is the smallest amount to still reach the 5A classification. This is just what I am hoping anyway. I think moving back down to 4A would be a step back for SV, being as how they have already proven themselves a threat in 5A. It would likely mean good things for the football program, but they still have so much left to prove in 5A as well. With so many people wanting to move out of the city, I think SV would be right back where it is in a few years even if a significant number of students were taken away from it.
and since SV has been doing pretty good in football and making a name for themselves people are going to want to come here just for the athletics itself but they wont tell anyone that...:D

BandidoNB
10-17-2006, 04:26 PM
1800 isnt enough for SV to be 5A.... look at New Braunfels they are at 1900 and they are 4A. The only reason there are 1800 student schools in 4A is because they are Laredo schools (significant travel concerns). By 2008, the 5A cutoff should be around 2050.

CKE
10-17-2006, 04:53 PM

W. McDonald
W. Bierbaum
J. Brown
J. Galindo
W. Salazar
B. Vehrs
T. Parsons
J. Nichols
D. Aguirre
E. Bias
C.Herring
T. Pogue

I said starting

CKE
10-17-2006, 04:56 PM
It's already having an effect at the Middle School level. If you look at the 7th grade football standings, (I say 7th because the new attendance lines that were drawn last spring apply only to 7th graders, since 8th graders got to choose to stay at Spring Branch if they were there in 7th grade) Smithson Valley MS in ahead of Spring Branch in the standings for the first time in about 5 years. And both teams are in the middle of the pack (Spring Branch normally finishes 1 or 2) which isn't typical.

SVMS A Team 3-2 B Team 3-1-1
SBMS A Team 2-3 B Team 3-2

The talent pool has begun to suffer. We will not have the depth we are used to having in a few years. That's why SV better win state in the next 2-3 years, because it will get MUCH tougher after that with the weaker pool of players coming from the middle school.

When I was in middle school we werew 6-4 in 7th grade the next year we lost on game and that was to SVMS....in 2004 we played the number one team in the nation to the last 6 sec. and lost by 3 points. middle school means nothing.

jrock210
10-17-2006, 04:57 PM
ll alot of school in texas have usually been 5A but they dropped to 4A with 1950 so i dont know if they will pull off the cut off population

DiamondJ2
10-17-2006, 10:54 PM
I believe as long as Coach Hill and the majority of his staff continues to coach at SV, the Rangers will be just fine.

rangerpride
10-17-2006, 11:12 PM
When I was in middle school we werew 6-4 in 7th grade the next year we lost on game and that was to SVMS....in 2004 we played the number one team in the nation to the last 6 sec. and lost by 3 points. middle school means nothing.

Middle schools play an 8 game schedule; think your math is wrong.:D

I also remember that game vs. SV, that was the MS upset of the year, since SVMS had only won 1 other game that year I think. But your 7th grade class was the exception, not the norm. Look at SBMS's website and all the district championships they have for 7th and 8th grade, it coincides with SVHS's success.

But you are also not taking into consideration that that ONE TEAM that beat you in the 8th grade ended up being your teammates in HS and for the 2004 championship game. That "might" have something to do with the improved record, don't ya think? Now that won't happen anymore.

Sure, kids improve, new players move in, teams change when they get to HS, but the trend has been for SBMS to finish in the Top 3 every year. With 2 games left, it's not happening this year. Does this mean the sky is falling? No, but there will be a little more of a drop off than people are making it out to be. You won't see it right away because many of the kids that are in the CLHS zone will still get to stay at SVHS, but by 2008 and 2009, you'll see the effects of it. I still think we'll stay in 5A (can't move down next year, have to wait until next realignment in 2008), but the days of 100+ kids on the freshman team are numbered.

rangerpride
10-17-2006, 11:13 PM
I believe as long as Coach Hill and the majority of his staff continues to coach at SV, the Rangers will be just fine.

Thats a big if, though.

One of those guys will want to take that head coaching job, and some of the others might follow that guy over.

I'm sure it will be offered to Coach Mooch, the D coordinator, but whether or not he takes it is another story.

Texas Born,Chaparral Bred
10-17-2006, 11:32 PM
Your right, these districts as a whole can't compete. The average level of quality of 25-5a is far below 26-5a because there is only 1 or 2 bad teams in 26 vs 3 or 4 in 25 this year. District 25 is dragged down by teams like Anderson, who looked like the worst football team I've ever seen last Friday. We had to take out our starters 4 minutes after the first quarter ended to keep us from scoring 70 by halftime. Our 3 string running back had 150 yards and 4 TDs on 10 carries.

My only problem is when you don't give the good teams in 25-5a the credit they deserve just because their schedule looks weaker because of the andersons and akins on it. AHS, Seguin, and Westlake all deserve some attention this year, but you seem very hesitant to do that.

zippy
10-18-2006, 12:06 AM
Your right, these districts as a whole can't compete. The average level of quality of 25-5a is far below 26-5a because there is only 1 or 2 bad teams in 26 vs 3 or 4 in 25 this year. District 25 is dragged down by teams like Anderson, who looked like the worst football team I've ever seen last Friday. We had to take out our starters 4 minutes after the first quarter ended to keep us from scoring 70 by halftime. Our 3 string running back had 150 yards and 4 TDs on 10 carries.

My only problem is when you don't give the good teams in 25-5a the credit they deserve just because their schedule looks weaker because of the andersons and akins on it. AHS, Seguin, and Westlake all deserve some attention this year, but you seem very hesitant to do that.

I cant speak for all 26-5 teams, but I promise that SV does not overlook anyone. They might have overlooked Westlake the first time they played them. However later that year in the playoffs, they made up for it. AHS, and Seguin are teams that could for sure give 26-5 trouble, but we will have to wait and see. 26-5 is not going to have a cakewalk to a regional title by no means.

LeanderLions3033
10-18-2006, 05:16 AM

If Austin High wins this friday then they will probably be the 25-5a district champ. RR Westwood (14-5as 3rd best team more then likely) beat Austin High 27-21. Don't get me wrong, Collins wasnt in the game (i believe he wasnt) but it still doesnt change the facts. I think that if you matched up all 8 teams from 25-5a and 14-5a from best to worst and had them play i dont think 25-5a would win more then one game, and it wouldnt be a stretch for that game to go in 14-5as favor. As of right now...

Leander over Austin high/seguin
Cedar Park over The loser of Austin High/Seguin

Westlake probably over RR Westwood (although Stony Point who is winless in district beat Austin High and Austin High beat Westlake. They didnt have collins but depth is an element to all teams. You shouldnt be that drastically different without just one player if you have any depth.)

Round Rock over San Marcos
RR McNeil over Bastrop
Pflugerville over Bowie
Georgetown over Akins
Stony Point over Anderson (naturally if 114-5as worst team can beat 25-5as best team, then they would murder the worst team right?)

That district is looking bad thsi year from an outsiders perspective. There should never be this senario with two districts right next to each other.

jrock210
10-18-2006, 07:08 AM
I cant speak for all 26-5 teams, but I promise that SV does not overlook anyone. They might have overlooked Westlake the first time they played them. However later that year in the playoffs, they made up for it. AHS, and Seguin are teams that could for sure give 26-5 trouble, but we will have to wait and see. 26-5 is not going to have a cakewalk to a regional title by no means.
lets hope that sv doesnt let churchill beat them again

BleedBurntOrange
10-18-2006, 03:17 PM
If Austin High wins this friday then they will probably be the 25-5a district champ. RR Westwood (14-5as 3rd best team more then likely) beat Austin High 27-21. Don't get me wrong, Collins wasnt in the game (i believe he wasnt) but it still doesnt change the facts. I think that if you matched up all 8 teams from 25-5a and 14-5a from best to worst and had them play i dont think 25-5a would win more then one game, and it wouldnt be a stretch for that game to go in 14-5as favor. As of right now...

Leander over Austin high/seguin
Cedar Park over The loser of Austin High/Seguin

Westlake probably over RR Westwood (although Stony Point who is winless in district beat Austin High and Austin High beat Westlake. They didnt have collins but depth is an element to all teams. You shouldnt be that drastically different without just one player if you have any depth.)

Round Rock over San Marcos
RR McNeil over Bastrop
Pflugerville over Bowie
Georgetown over Akins
Stony Point over Anderson (naturally if 114-5as worst team can beat 25-5as best team, then they would murder the worst team right?)

That district is looking bad thsi year from an outsiders perspective. There should never be this senario with two districts right next to each other.

A couple of things: Actually Collins played in the first two drives of the Westwood game. Austin High was up 14-0 after those two drives. Then he was injured. He did not play at all against Stony Point.

As for the Stony Point game. Austin High played terrible and still came back, and wins the game if they don't miss an XPT on the last play of the game.

You shouldn't be dogging Stony Point and Westwood anyway. Westwood is 5-1, and Stony Point came within a missed XPT of taking Cedar Park to Overtime. Everyone one of Stony Points losses were close in District. Stony Point is winless, but they are a very solid team that has been missing their best RB the past few games.

I agree with you 100% as far as how good 14-5A is. They are tough......top to bottom. In fact I would put their depth up with anyones.

But to continue to say that "Stony Point is better than Austin" is absurd.

Take McKinley off of Leander's team and go play Stony Point or Westwood and see how well you do. You don't think you would be "drastically different"? That is what it was like when Austin played without Collins. He is their best player, and makes the offense go.

svhorns
10-18-2006, 03:31 PM
A couple of things: Actually Collins played in the first two drives of the Westwood game. Austin High was up 14-0 after those two drives. Then he was injured. He did not play at all against Stony Point.

As for the Stony Point game. Austin High played terrible and still came back, and wins the game if they don't miss an XPT on the last play of the game.

You shouldn't be dogging Stony Point and Westwood anyway. Westwood is 5-1, and Stony Point came within a missed XPT of taking Cedar Park to Overtime. Everyone one of Stony Points losses were close in District. Stony Point is winless, but they are a very solid team that has been missing their best RB the past few games.

I agree with you 100% as far as how good 14-5A is. They are tough......top to bottom. In fact I would put their depth up with anyones.

But to continue to say that "Stony Point is better than Austin" is absurd.

Take McKinley off of Leander's team and go play Stony Point or Westwood and see how well you do. You don't think you would be "drastically different"? That is what it was like when Austin played without Collins. He is their best player, and makes the offense go.
Stony Point is not a good team... you are giving them wayyyyyyyyyyyy to much credit.. they are a one demionsal team... they are equivalent to Wagner in 26-5a have seen both teams play... and Stony Point had Cameron Bell when I saw them play... Stony points offense was Run, Run, pass, 4th down...Run, Run, pass, 4th down...

jrock210
10-18-2006, 05:05 PM
Stony Point is not a good team... you are giving them wayyyyyyyyyyyy to much credit.. they are a one demionsal team... they are equivalent to Wagner in 26-5a have seen both teams play... and Stony Point had Cameron Bell when I saw them play... Stony points offense was Run, Run, pass, 4th down...Run, Run, pass, 4th down...
lol ya and wagner honestly dosent have a good qb so they have a weak passing game

TheRowdyRanger
10-18-2006, 05:19 PM
and since SV has been doing pretty good in football and making a name for themselves people are going to want to come here just for the athletics itself but they wont tell anyone that...:D

Very true.

jrock210
10-18-2006, 05:20 PM
the only thing texas is really know for is hs football