PDA

View Full Version : SA Roosevelt Vs. SA Churchill

trbandchic
10-13-2006, 06:30 AM
Who will win?

Who is going to the game?

It's on Saturday at BAC TR-Home.

I say Roosevelt by 3, but it'll be close if our defense can step up and comtrol fanuzi, which last year they handeled him good, and causes his injury(sorry!!)

:)

bullrock
10-13-2006, 08:00 AM
Nice to see ya back! I really have missed your posts.

J-Rock Mom
10-13-2006, 08:03 AM
I am pulling for TR, my alma mater.

SVite
10-13-2006, 10:43 AM
Yet another good match up in the 26 5!

I`m going with Churchill, for some reason the Riders have fallen off, not sure why. Have they lost some players to grades or something else?

RedRage00
10-13-2006, 10:50 AM
I am pulling for TR, my alma mater.

Ugh, how can you put your kids at Judson then! lol :p

J-Rock Mom
10-13-2006, 11:05 AM
We bought our first house when he was a baby. He started in the JISD so when we bought another house didn't want to take out of there.

RedRage00
10-13-2006, 11:11 AM
We bought our first house when he was a baby. He started in the JISD so when we bought another house didn't want to take out of there.

I am just teasing! ;)

J-Rock Mom
10-13-2006, 11:30 AM
I am just teasing! ;)

Okay.
:D

trbandchic
10-13-2006, 12:58 PM
Yet another good match up in the 26 5!

I`m going with Churchill, for some reason the Riders have fallen off, not sure why. Have they lost some players to grades or something else?
I don't think so, I think it's just lack of self confidence. they always seem to just give up, and it doesn't help that we have no school spirit, they had to form a "scool spirit committee" to try and find ways to get kids into the games.. this is our first week to try it, I think they are all going to paint their bodies and what not, I hope it works, and the football players get pumped because a win over churchill sure would boost their confidence!! we have some good players they just need to believe in themselves!!:D

DiamondJ2
10-13-2006, 01:38 PM
Churchill by 1+. Never know in this district and the Rough Riders might be tired of losing and take it out on the Chargers.

Mac Is Back
10-13-2006, 11:49 PM
This is Roosevelt's game to win. They're at .500 with a rather dismal situation in district, but Churchill is coming off a throttling from last week. Roosy wants it, Churchill has it, it's all about who's hungrier.

Big test for Church. I'm pulling hard for TR though.

DiamondJ2
10-14-2006, 01:05 AM
This is Roosevelt's game to win. They're at .500 with a rather dismal situation in district, but Churchill is coming off a throttling from last week. Roosy wants it, Churchill has it, it's all about who's hungrier.

Big test for Church. I'm pulling hard for TR though.

Good post. And I am also pulling for the Rough Riders.

svhorns
10-14-2006, 01:07 AM
I say Churchill takes this game by 14... but Roosevelt is full of surprises so im expecting anything...

zippy
10-14-2006, 01:43 AM
Roosevelt by 3. It just an out of wack "feeling" I have for some odd reason.

rangerpride
10-14-2006, 02:45 AM
L:ike to see the Rough Riders win thsi one, but I have a feeling its gonna be Churchill in the end.

Churchill 24, Roosevelt 14

trbandchic
10-14-2006, 06:39 AM
L:ike to see the Rough Riders win thsi one, but I have a feeling its gonna be Churchill in the end.

Churchill 24, Roosevelt 14
as sad as it is, that actually sounds about right to me, based on how we played in prevous games,we score 14 in first havlf and they score 7..we go into half ahead and we go scoreless in the 2nd half and they get 17...
I hope they break this pattern...I really want to see these guys do great!

rangerpride
10-14-2006, 09:35 AM
as sad as it is, that actually sounds about right to me, based on how we played in prevous games,we score 14 in first havlf and they score 7..we go into half ahead and we go scoreless in the 2nd half and they get 17...
I hope they break this pattern...I really want to see these guys do great!

Yep, it just seems like Roose has lost its confidence after the last couple games.

Diablos
10-14-2006, 09:45 AM
I say Churchill takes this game by 14... but Roosevelt is full of surprises so im expecting anything...

Churchill qb has more to lose....Churchill by 14.

CKE
10-14-2006, 04:03 PM
What if fanuzzi does not play tonight?

trbandchic
10-14-2006, 04:06 PM
I might be a little excited...but then sad if he is hurt because i hear he is talented

CKE
10-14-2006, 04:13 PM
I might be a little excited...but then sad if he is hurt because i hear he is talented

dont lie I know deep down inside you would be jumping for joy. :D

trbandchic
10-14-2006, 04:19 PM
dont lie I know deep down inside you would be jumping for joy. :D
lol i wont lie..we shouldn't have beat churchill last year we just got lucky by
1. hurting him
2. have a REALLY good and experienced kicker

we don't have an experienced kicker,and I don't think he wont be playing.. so i don't have to much to be excoted about other than.. IT'S EFFIN FOOTBALL!! :)

CKE
10-14-2006, 04:48 PM
lol i wont lie..we shouldn't have beat churchill last year we just got lucky by
1. hurting him
2. have a REALLY good and experienced kicker

we don't have an experienced kicker,and I don't think he wont be playing.. so i don't have to much to be excoted about other than.. IT'S EFFIN FOOTBALL!! :)
dont be suprised

Diablos
10-14-2006, 06:09 PM

Roosevelt if he doesn't play.

TexasRed6x
10-14-2006, 08:23 PM
Is he playing tonight?

SVite
10-14-2006, 09:18 PM
Churchill gets the "W"

DiamondJ2
10-14-2006, 09:26 PM
What happen to the starting QB for Roosevelt?

trbandchic
10-14-2006, 10:39 PM
That was the "poopiest" quarter of football I have ever experienced.

no points
and it was fun until it started to rain and the band directors became "pansys" and made us sit on the buses for like 1/2 hr. When we finally got back to the school we were told he didn't want any of us going back to the game, even though we could have made it for the end of the 3rd and 4th quarter, so they made us practice till 9:45...we stood in the band hall in our wet uniforms practicing...i officially hate band, and I'm "angry"...:mad:

Does anybody have any info on the game?
It was the first game I have missed in 7 years, and it's my senior year and my last season to watch then before i go off to college, far away...I'm so "angry"!

I hears Travis Minn went in as QB..what happened to marikese? did Travis do alright?why do we always lose?!?!?!?!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

edit:words in the "" were changed...

Rerun
10-14-2006, 10:43 PM
That was the shittiest quarter of football I have ever experienced.

no points
and it was fun until it started to rain and the band directors became ******* and made us sit on the buses for like 1/2 hr. When we finally got back to the school we were told he didn't want any of us going back to the game, even though we could have made it for the end of the 3rd and 4th quarter, so they made us practice till 9:45...we stood in the band hall in our wet uniforms practicing...i officially hate band, and I'm pissed...:mad:

Does anybody have any info on the game?
It was the first game I have missed in 7 years, and it's my senior year and my last season to watch then before i go off to college, far away...I'm so pissed!

I hears Travis Minn went in as QB..what happened to marikese? did Travis do alright?why do we always lose?!?!?!?!

Foul language can get you banned.

RedRage00
10-15-2006, 10:52 AM
Foul language can get you banned.

I think they'd warn her first. This is her first offense LOL

Others have done a lot worse and have been given another chance.

78 Spartan
10-15-2006, 01:33 PM
Bandchic, we love you.

Damn girl, you've got game.

eingedikid
10-15-2006, 01:43 PM
....it started to rain and the band directors became ******* and made us sit on the buses for like 1/2 hr. When we finally got back to the school we were told he didn't want any of us going back to the game, even though we could have made it for the end of the 3rd and 4th quarter, so they made us practice till 9:45...we stood in the band hall in our wet uniforms practicing...i officially hate band, and I'm pissed...:mad:

If it weren't for the game, the band wouldn't have been doing anything last night anyway. The least the band directors could have done was to let everyone listen to the live coverage of the game, and thereafter possibly have a short practice until such time the rest of the TR motorcade got back to campus after the game. This is one of my growing beefs is that Band Directors should take a much more active interest in contributing to the effort on the field (team) and the track (cheerleaders). This has been one of my continued points of discontent with our (Judson's) support groups in recent years (although it has gotten a little better beginning late last year and also this year). Everyone (the adult directors and sponsors) is off in their own world, doing their own things and not really being engaged with what's happening with everyone else. I'm referring to the party-pooper adults that are leading the support groups. They really ruin part of the HS experience and in this case Band experience for the kids, and this comes from a former Rocket Band member from back in the day.

If I were you I would try and get some parents together and chastise the Directors for doing this to you, and in the future have them come up with a much more original and fun set of contingencies for weather-related situations like this.

trbandchic
10-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Bandchic, we love you.

Damn girl, you've got game.

well now that i have slept on it, and am more calm....I'm still not happy with them!! lol

:) I'm usually an extremely happy person!

lonny23
10-15-2006, 05:51 PM
I think they'd warn her first. This is her first offense LOL

Others have done a lot worse and have been given another chance.
It's not her first offense. She's cussed several times lately. I'm surprised the filter isn't editing her words. As such, you get in more trouble around here for cussing at people instead of just cussing.

eingedikid
10-15-2006, 09:46 PM
we stood in the band hall in our wet uniforms practicing

The classic "wet dog smell" is almost more preferrable to "wet band uniform smell," which can provide for a rather funky environment what with 200 or so similarly scented people in a band hall on a somewhat muggy night.

TR chic, as for your choice of words, you do have the option of maybe editing or softening up part of that entry

trbandchic
10-15-2006, 10:36 PM
It's not her first offense. She's cussed several times lately. I'm surprised the filter isn't editing her words. As such, you get in more trouble around here for cussing at people instead of just cussing.
when? I never cuss unless I'm really angry...and still then i don't say the "bad" words...the only time i can think of is when i was quoting somebody..but i censored it myself...

trbandchic
10-15-2006, 10:39 PM
edit:words in the "" were changed...

78 Spartan
10-15-2006, 10:41 PM
I wouldn't change a thing. I think her description of one band director is probably apt for most of them.

I know the UIL competition is important to band directors, but sometimes it's like the bands hardly participate in supporting their teams --- their own agendas are what is important and trying to get the crowd riled up is not even a thought.

Bandchic is noteworthy because she intensely cares about the football game and for that we all love her.

Bandchic, next year you need to be in a college band, where it's ALL about supporting the team.

trbandchic
10-15-2006, 10:43 PM
The classic "wet dog smell" is almost more preferrable to "wet band uniform smell," which can provide for a rather funky environment what with 200 or so similarly scented people in a band hall on a somewhat muggy night.

maybe i should have been more ...we wore our blue pep rally polos and blue jeans.. so it wasn't that bad..but it sure was cold...but still practicing inside in wet clothes is never fun...especially when football is being played!!

Marikese, i was told, had a sling on and a couple other players were out, but I heard that the QB that went in, Travis Minn, did a pretty good job, so hopefully all the guys will be alright, and can beat our only competitor in the same league as us...Wagner

J-Rock Mom
10-16-2006, 02:21 PM
Don't give up hope.