PDA

View Full Version : Everyone please vote

supercentex
10-10-2006, 05:23 PM
Waco High vs Waco University High game of the week.....to vote it's on the right kinda a little bit lower.

http://www.kwtx.com/sports

I know it's not 5-A but it's definitely the best game out of all of the ones on the list.

x
x
x
x
x

aCm 07
10-10-2006, 05:50 PM
I can't believe Temple vs. Belton is even getting considered.:confused: Both of those teams aren't good at all, so I voted for Waco vs. University.

supercentex
10-10-2006, 06:10 PM
Waco High vs Waco University will be played in front of a sell-out crowd....or very close to it. It's a no brainer out of all of those teams. We just need to get 1st place before 6pm tomorrow! So, please everyone vote!

tigerdback083
10-10-2006, 06:32 PM
how come AMC vs Ellison isnt on there? I would have thought we would be one of the better games of the week...

Trinity Trojan Fan For Li
10-10-2006, 06:45 PM
Ask and ye shall receive. DONE!

supercentex
10-10-2006, 06:48 PM
how come AMC vs Ellison isnt on there? I would have thought we would be one of the better games of the week...

Probably because the game is in College Station and CS is not really considered the Waco area.

I think KCEN is the only Waco station that has anything to do with the Brazos Valley.

supercentex
10-10-2006, 06:49 PM
We were in last place..so, we're almost to the very top!

KEEP VOTING!

THANKS!

TrojanFan4Life
10-10-2006, 07:09 PM
We were in last place..so, we're almost to the very top!

KEEP VOTING!

THANKS!

Done - I know the QB coach at University - going to forward this to his family so they will know to vote (they are here ET fans)

supercentex
10-10-2006, 08:33 PM
bump

CCDawg
10-10-2006, 08:37 PM
How is a game between 3-2 Waco and 1-4 University better than 4-1 LaVega vs. 5-0 China Spring? or even 4-1 Crawford vs. 4-1 McGregor? I know that Waco played a killer schedule so it's basically a 5-0 Waco team playing against a 1-4 University team.

I understand it might be a rivalry game and all, that but come on, Waco is going to destroy University.

Might as well ask for everybody to vote for Temple vs. Belton since that's a rivalry game. :rolleyes:

Primetime254
10-10-2006, 09:05 PM
university sucks period. no way will i vote.

TrinityProud
10-10-2006, 09:38 PM
Voted. Go Waco!! Best of luck to you!

TrojanFan4Life
10-10-2006, 10:10 PM
How is a game between 3-2 Waco and 1-4 University better than 4-1 LaVega vs. 5-0 China Spring? or even 4-1 Crawford vs. 4-1 McGregor? I know that Waco played a killer schedule so it's basically a 5-0 Waco team playing against a 1-4 University team.

I understand it might be a rivalry game and all, that but come on, Waco is going to destroy University.

Might as well ask for everybody to vote for Temple vs. Belton since that's a rivalry game. :rolleyes:

I don't think he ever said it was a better game than the others - he was just looking for some help to vote for his team. Just like you might ask for others to vote for your team. Not quite sure I have ever seen a "my team is up for game of the week - but it is really the worst match up so don't vote for it - vote for someone else" request - Vote for another team if you want.

He didn't need what you are dishing!

BeauxGeezy
10-10-2006, 10:12 PM
I voted centex...can't say Go Lions though. My kids go to Midway ISD schools. You understand...

supercentex
10-11-2006, 10:32 AM
University always gets up for Waco High and Midway.....it don't matter about records...throw them out the window.

Even the year Midway went to the state semi-finals University was horrible and beat the crap out of Midway.

It will be played in front of a capacity crowd on Saturday afternoon...... (so if anyone in the area wants to see a crazy crowd....don't know if University's band still dances or not...but they were good too.....then you should check out the game at 2pm Saturday.

We'll probably go to the game Saturday and then find a spot to watch the Baylor-Texas game. (heard smokey bones is a good place so we might check that out)

So, keep voting...you can vote at least once a day.......we're almost there.......

supercentex
10-11-2006, 10:32 AM
I voted centex...can't say Go Lions though. My kids go to Midway ISD schools. You understand...

Yeah, did you hear about the Midway linemen getting put in jail for beating another player with cleats?

supercentex
10-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Waco High was formed by merging 3 high schools in 1986. Waco High Tigers, Waco Jefferson-Moore Lions, and Waco Richfield Rams.

Waco ISD was pushing to consolidate University also with the above schools...but the University family fought for them to keep their school. It is sort of like a neighborhood high school......only kids from the southside go there.

So, they took the mascot from Jefferson Moore...the colors and school site from Richfield, and the name "Waco High" from the Tigers and consolidated the 'new' Waco High.

It's northside against southside.

They never played each other up until 1998.

None of the games were close until 2003. Waco High had lost their starting QB the week before in a win against Converse Judson.

Waco High ended up kicking a field goal at the very end to win 10-9.

So, it will be very heated this weekend....it's on a Saturday afternoon also...and EVERYONE will be there.

1998 Waco 40 University 7
1999 Waco 24 University 6
2000 Waco 22 University 0
2001 Waco 43 University 22
2002 Waco 51 University 28
2003 Waco 10 University 9

after that game the series was ended.....Waco went to a 7 team district and they wanted to keep their non-district powerful like it always is.

So, now it's for REAL marbles...this is a district game.......and despite University's record...they are improving week by week. (they are very young)

University gets up for rivalry games..... (they beat Waco Midway the year they went to the state-semi-finals....and University is about as bad as they are now as they were then)

So, if we win..you'll get to see some long highlights........we're almost there!

CCDawg
10-11-2006, 12:11 PM
I don't think he ever said it was a better game than the others - he was just looking for some help to vote for his team. Just like you might ask for others to vote for your team. Not quite sure I have ever seen a "my team is up for game of the week - but it is really the worst match up so don't vote for it - vote for someone else" request - Vote for another team if you want.

He didn't need what you are dishing!

Actually if you look at the first post he said: "I know it's not 5-A but it's definitely the best game out of all of the ones on the list."

That looks to me like he is stating his opinion that it is indeed a 'better game than the others'. I decided to state my opinion is that even though it is a rivalry game, there are games on that list that I believe will more be more competitive, games which I think are better.

I have no problem with him trying to drum up support for his team, he does it every week for one game or another on the site, and it's not always Waco High it's usually the best game on the list from our district. This time I just felt like pointing out there are, what I believe to be, better games on the list.

Isn't that the point of a forum, a public meeting place for discussion of matters of public interest? Maybe I'm wrong, are opinions not allowed on this public message board anymore?

If they aren't I guess I will stop dishing out my opinion. :cool:

supercentex
10-11-2006, 01:44 PM
bump...KEEP VOTING

WE'RE #1 NOW..WE GOT UNTIL 6PM

supercentex
10-11-2006, 04:03 PM
Vote more everyone! We got 2 more hours til the voting ends and we're losing ground!

We were in last place yesterday...now in 1st..but we're losing ground.

stevefoxsc
10-11-2006, 05:12 PM
I can't believe Temple vs. Belton is even getting considered.:confused: Both of those teams aren't good at all, so I voted for Waco vs. University.

Now being a Temple and hearing we suck is one thing, but Temple vs belton is always a great game and always one of the biggest games hands down in the state of texas it has to be one of the top 5 rivalry games. Temple fans know we don't have the best record or what not, but none the less we are proud of are athletes win or lose. In 13-5a or central texas period temple vs belton is the biggest game reguardless of how bad there records are. Its the atmoshpere the tail gating the entire temple side shouting F*** Belton and the Belton fans replying back with the same thing the belton fans spray painting out school and the temple fans dumping paint all over the field.

stevefoxsc
10-11-2006, 05:15 PM
bump...KEEP VOTING

WE'RE #1 NOW..WE GOT UNTIL 6PM

but for how long

supercentex
10-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Yeah, Belton vs Temple is the only time i've seen 1-9 and 0-10 teams sell-out the stadium 10,000 plus. lol

They HATE each other with a passion.

supercentex
10-11-2006, 05:18 PM
but for how long

Voting ends at 6 ...in about 45 more minutes. Hopefully we can take it.

gtown04
10-11-2006, 07:22 PM
I cant stand it anymore...
I wont be able to sleep until I know.

Who won centex?

supercentex
10-11-2006, 08:10 PM
we did......it will be announced tomorrow.

I'll post highlights from the game when they are online Sunday.

Voting stopped at 6 today and we were in the lead still.

LPMOM
10-12-2006, 05:49 PM
i don't know what happened, but when i clicked on it said 'thanks for voting'.i don't have a clue as to what happened. i never even saw the poll.(?) sorry, if i voted wrong.

LPMOM
10-12-2006, 05:52 PM
university sucks period. no way will i vote.

one of my FAVORITE games of this year is John Tyler beating cove!
go East Texas!!!!

TrojanFan4Life
10-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Actually if you look at the first post he said: "I know it's not 5-A but it's definitely the best game out of all of the ones on the list."

That looks to me like he is stating his opinion that it is indeed a 'better game than the others'. I decided to state my opinion is that even though it is a rivalry game, there are games on that list that I believe will more be more competitive, games which I think are better.

I have no problem with him trying to drum up support for his team, he does it every week for one game or another on the site, and it's not always Waco High it's usually the best game on the list from our district. This time I just felt like pointing out there are, what I believe to be, better games on the list.

Isn't that the point of a forum, a public meeting place for discussion of matters of public interest? Maybe I'm wrong, are opinions not allowed on this public message board anymore?

If they aren't I guess I will stop dishing out my opinion. :cool:

My bad - I only read the first two lines of his post - You are offered up an apology of the highest degree - maybe I need to read everything typed :(

Again - SORRY!!!