PDA

View Full Version : Predictions

dragons08
08-23-2005, 06:26 PM
im extremly curious, who do you guys all think will play in the 3? i think its 3 bcs game, who vs who, and what not, and if you could have that teams key player and reason whyd they make it that far

jtk1519
08-23-2005, 06:48 PM
im extremly curious, who do you guys all think will play in the 3? i think its 3 bcs game, who vs who, and what not, and if you could have that teams key player and reason whyd they make it that far

There are 4 BCS bowls... the Sugar, Rose, Fiesta and Orange Bowls with the Rose Bowl serving as the NC game. Here are my predictions...

Fiesta - USC vs. Florida
Sugar - Michigan vs. Notre Dame
Orange - Tennessee vs. Iowa
Rose - Texas vs. Ohio State

I will explain my having ND up there and UCS not in the title game because I know some will read that and scratch their heads. Notre Dame wasnt that bad last year. Go look at their schedule and you will understand why they lost some games. Of course, their schedule is just as hard this year, but I think that helps them. 5 of their final 6 games are at home (including USC and Tennessee) and their last game is against a weak Stanford team.

ND returns their starting QB, leading rusher and their top 5 leading receivers. That is a lot of talent and experience for Weis to work with. I think ND beats USC in south Bend, but they may fall to Michigan early in the season.

Reaganrattler07
08-23-2005, 06:50 PM
I don't think Texas will be making the Rose Bowl.

But one team that's being left out is Virginia Tech.

wide-e-wide
08-23-2005, 07:09 PM
There are 4 BCS bowls... the Sugar, Rose, Fiesta and Orange Bowls with the Rose Bowl serving as the NC game. Here are my predictions...

Fiesta - USC vs. Florida
Sugar - Michigan vs. Notre Dame
Orange - Tennessee vs. Iowa
Rose - Texas vs. Ohio State

I will explain my having ND up there and UCS not in the title game because I know some will read that and scratch their heads. Notre Dame wasnt that bad last year. Go look at their schedule and you will understand why they lost some games. Of course, their schedule is just as hard this year, but I think that helps them. 5 of their final 6 games are at home (including USC and Tennessee) and their last game is against a weak Stanford team.

ND returns their starting QB, leading rusher and their top 5 leading receivers. That is a lot of talent and experience for Weis to work with. I think ND beats USC in south Bend, but they may fall to Michigan early in the season.

Now that would'nt be any fun. Beating Ohio St. twice in the same season.

I'll take Texas and Iowa in the Rose Bowl.

dragons08
08-23-2005, 07:12 PM
i say USC plays UT or Ohio St, i expect usc to beat just as good, but the team that plays USC wil be the winner of the UT/Ohio St game, i think that game will play a huge factor in this game

jtk1519
08-23-2005, 07:15 PM
I don't think Texas will be making the Rose Bowl.

But one team that's being left out is Virginia Tech.

I'm not at all sold on Virgina Tech... especially with the young Vick at the helm. They have some good young talent and I do think they will play in one of the big non-BCS bowls, but I think losing Randall is gonna hurt too much for now.

dragons08
08-23-2005, 07:19 PM
I'm not at all sold on Virgina Tech... especially with the young Vick at the helm. They have some good young talent and I do think they will play in one of the big non-BCS bowls, but I think losing Randall is gonna hurt too much for now.
i think VT wont be a big bcs game liek you said, lil vick had to many troubles as of late, but is he a jr or soph? cause if so i think they'll be better next year once he gets his act back togheter

jtk1519
08-23-2005, 07:23 PM
i think VT wont be a big bcs game liek you said, lil vick had to many troubles as of late, but is he a jr or soph? cause if so i think they'll be better next year once he gets his act back togheter

The Tech website has him listed as a rs JR.

dragons08
08-23-2005, 07:28 PM
The Tech website has him listed as a rs JR.
alrgiht, so if he stays, i think he will benfit a ton, cause last year wasnt he suspend? had all those problems, to me this is like a regroup year, then next year is his big NCAA year, IMO, but i dont follow him to much

Reaganrattler07
08-23-2005, 07:43 PM

They've been saying Vick's a heck of a lot better than his bro and Randall....you don't mind if I get you on the record for this one, do you?

dragons08
08-23-2005, 07:47 PM
They've been saying Vick's a heck of a lot better than his bro and Randall....you don't mind if I get you on the record for this one, do you?
better than vick at what? taking drugs? getting trouble?

Reaganrattler07
08-23-2005, 07:48 PM
Better arm. Faster? Playing wise.

Only difference is that Michael's already rich.....therefore Marcus is. And doesn't really have the same mentality his bro did.

dragons08
08-23-2005, 07:51 PM
Better arm. Faster? Playing wise.

Only difference is that Michael's already rich.....therefore Marcus is. And doesn't really have the same mentality his bro did.
of course he has a better arm vick has no arm, but vick got some nice moves, im all for moving vick to running back, heck even wr would work, who likes that call?

jtk1519
08-23-2005, 07:52 PM

Go for it. Vick isnt even a shadow of his brother. In the one year that he wasnt suspended (other than his RS year) Vick played in 11 games and only managed to complete 52% of his passes for 475 yards. He threw just 2 TDs to 5 INTs. He also rushed for 102 yards on 37 carries (2.7 ypc). Even on Tech's infamous fast track, the young Vick only ran a 4.48... his brother ran a 4.26. I'm not impressed.

Reaganrattler07
08-23-2005, 07:58 PM
of course he has a better arm vick has no arm, but vick got some nice moves, im all for moving vick to running back, heck even wr would work, who likes that call?

Didnt Michael lead Division 1 or something in passing accuracy and all that?....saw that on Jeapordy the other day.

dragons08
08-23-2005, 08:02 PM
Didnt Michael lead Division 1 or something in passing accuracy and all that?....saw that on Jeapordy the other day.
maybe he left it at VT? so lil vick will pick it up this year i guess...but seriously vick needs to complete more passes in the NFL! or become a rb or wr

Reaganrattler07
08-23-2005, 08:13 PM
maybe he left it at VT? so lil vick will pick it up this year i guess...but seriously vick needs to complete more passes in the NFL! or become a rb or wr

Falcons went 11-5 and went to the NFC Title game....I personally don't watch the Falcons a lot but, if they had that record and went that far, they're doin' ok. Could be better of course, but everyone can.

dragons08
08-23-2005, 08:16 PM
Falcons went 11-5 and went to the NFC Title game....I personally don't watch the Falcons a lot but, if they had that record and went that far, they're doin' ok. Could be better of course, but everyone can.
a qb is supposed to throw, not run, and ATL had the best running game in the NFL

zippy
08-23-2005, 08:16 PM
Yea, they have a couple of players on that team that should be in the NFL this season. I dont see many teams keeping up with them, cause they are going to score, and score a lot! And what does Ohio have this year that they didnt last year? Why such hype? They were not that impressive in last years bowl game. Yea they won, but still, whats new there?

i say USC plays UT or Ohio St, i expect usc to beat just as good, but the team that plays USC wil be the winner of the UT/Ohio St game, i think that game will play a huge factor in this game

jtk1519
08-23-2005, 08:17 PM
Mike Vick led the nation in passing efficiency his freshman year with a mark of 180.37... an NCAA record for a freshman. By comparison, last year's Heisman trophy winner, Matt Leinart, had an efficiency rating of 156.54.

jtk1519
08-23-2005, 08:18 PM
a qb is supposed to throw, not run, and ATL had the best running game in the NFL

A QB is supposed to lead his offense to scores and his team to wins... that's it... PERIOD.

dragons08
08-23-2005, 08:21 PM
Mike Vick led the nation in passing efficiency his freshman year with a mark of 180.37... an NCAA record for a freshman. By comparison, last year's Heisman trophy winner, Matt Leinart, had an efficiency rating of 156.54.
and vick never won the heisman has he? but like whered vicks arm go? atl has some reciving alge cruplmer, that other dude i cant member his name who came from buffalo a few years back

zippy
08-23-2005, 08:21 PM
He needs to do something, no arm=no good in NFL. I mean who would you rather have Manning or Vick? Dont even lie and say Vick. I say put him out as WR. He has the talent to play in the NFL, but not as QB. You cant run every play, thats why you have that guy behind you, I think he is called the running back..?

dragons08
08-23-2005, 08:22 PM
A QB is supposed to lead his offense to scores and his team to wins... that's it... PERIOD.
okay, i'll give you that, but if ATL got a great thorwing qb, then they move vick to like wr, rb man imagine that tandem

zippy
08-23-2005, 08:28 PM
In the NFL he is suppose to do this by means of tossing the ball to highly paid WR's, and let the Highly paid RB's do the work on the ground. You are right, but there is a right way and a wrong way. As for college and for sure in HS, you take what you have and make the best out of it, so a mobile QB can and is used as much as a runner as he is a passer if that is what works. NFL is a different story in my book, but thats just me. I do know, if I were an owner, I would not want my highly paid QB running like he does. A backup RB is better than having to play a back up QB when he gets hurt.

dragons08
08-23-2005, 08:31 PM
In the NFL he is suppose to do this by means of tossing the ball to highly paid WR's, and let the Highly paid RB's do the work on the ground. You are right, but there is a right way and a wrong way. As for college and for sure in HS, you take what you have and make the best out of it, so a mobile QB can and is used as much as a runner as he is a passer if that is what works. NFL is a different story in my book, but thats just me. I do know, if I were an owner, I would not want my highly paid QB running like he does. A backup RB is better than having to play a back up QB when he gets hurt.
i agee 100 percent with you, you figure he takes these hits more and more he'll get hurt eventually, like last year that time he got naield and did a flip, im surprised he didnt get hurt at all!

jtk1519
08-23-2005, 08:34 PM

So you guys want to move him to RB where he will get hit on almost every single play or WR where he may have to run across the middle where the head-hunters roam. Please explain this logic.

dragons08
08-23-2005, 08:40 PM
So you guys want to move him to RB where he will get hit on almost every single play or WR where he may have to run across the middle where the head-hunters roam. Please explain this logic.
hes fast he can burn him, all WR have to take the risk of running over the middle, why should he be any diffrent? he'll take those hits just as good as most of the wr's in the league

zippy
08-23-2005, 08:41 PM
Yea, it is a lot different when you are expecting it. When you drop back to pass, then have to run, it is a lot different than running up the middle as a RB. You have your WR's out running routes, not blocking, then as soon as that DB sees you past that line, he is toward you with no resistance. Speaking of that did anyone see that #40 DB from the Cowboys last night?!! WOW, he is going to be good!! Back to the issue. Also if you have him at WR, and he does get hurt, there are other to replace him. When you have him at QB, and he gets hurt, there is a larger problem at hand. If the Colts were to lose Manning, they would be in trouble, if the Eagles were to lose Owens, they could still do fine. Best of the best at each position in my opinion. But huge impact when the QB is gone. Oh and you can pay him less at the other positions..

zippy
08-23-2005, 08:42 PM
Or the time he got hurt and missed all those games? A big portion of the season. I think it happened in a pre-season game too.

i agee 100 percent with you, you figure he takes these hits more and more he'll get hurt eventually, like last year that time he got naield and did a flip, im surprised he didnt get hurt at all!

dragons08
08-23-2005, 08:49 PM
Or the time he got hurt and missed all those games? A big portion of the season. I think it happened in a pre-season game too.
broken shin rihgt? didnt some guy nail him in the shin with his helmet, im sure most players would break their shin if that happend to them, and zippy your post before that how losing a QB is worse than losing a WR, is complety true!

zippy
08-23-2005, 08:52 PM
Yea lower leg, might have been shin. He was about to take off instead of throwing the ball away, and a guy caught him around the lower leg, and another guy came in and made a nice hit.

broken shin rihgt? didnt some guy nail him in the shin with his helmet, im sure most players would break their shin if that happend to them, and zippy your post before that how losing a QB is worse than losing a WR, is complety true!

jtk1519
08-23-2005, 09:13 PM
The problem is not Vick himself, the true problem is a lack of creativity or imagination in the NFL. Vick doesnt need to be moved to WR or RB. He needs an HC or an OC like Urban Meyer or Bobby Petrino that knows how to design an offense around a guy like Vick. They are still trying to play Vick in the West Coast offense which is stupid if you ask me. There is nothing wrong with a team in the NFL that runs a lot. Any team with Vick or a similar QB should be lined up in the shotgun and using a zone read option as their base play. They should also run a lot of option plays. They should line up 3 wide and spread the field. Use the screen or other short routes to spread the field and get your receivers in the open field so they can make something happen. Take the pressure off of your QB by not forcing him to throw deep off of play action all the time.

Imagine Vick playing with a good hard runner (like a Jamal Lewis or Kevin Jones) in a one back offense that uses 1 TE and 3 WRs. Now imagine them running the exact same offense Texas ran last year (minus Greg Davis of course). Imagine what kind of success a QB like Vick could have if he were in an offense like that. An offense that doesnt restrict the QB by telling him he HAS to do this or he HAS to do that. Vick is a very smart QB. Let him read the defenses and call the plays he wants. Take the leg irons off of Vick and he will blow you away every time.

No the problem is not Mike Vick. The problem is the poor coaches in the No Fun League that are trying to turn Vick into Peyton Manning instead of letting him play his game.

Reaganrattler07
08-23-2005, 09:23 PM
He needs to do something, no arm=no good in NFL. I mean who would you rather have Manning or Vick? Dont even lie and say Vick. I say put him out as WR. He has the talent to play in the NFL, but not as QB. You cant run every play, thats why you have that guy behind you, I think he is called the running back..?

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with Manning....i think he's overrated. He's a good passer no doubt, but he's blessed with excellent recievers...

Reaganrattler07
08-23-2005, 09:24 PM

Yeah, they signed him on to win, and he did...for the most part.

dragons08
08-23-2005, 09:24 PM
The problem is not Vick himself, the true problem is a lack of creativity or imagination in the NFL. Vick doesnt need to be moved to WR or RB. He needs an HC or an OC like Urban Meyer or Bobby Petrino that knows how to design an offense around a guy like Vick. They are still trying to play Vick in the West Coast offense which is stupid if you ask me. There is nothing wrong with a team in the NFL that runs a lot. Any team with Vick or a similar QB should be lined up in the shotgun and using a zone read option as their base play. They should also run a lot of option plays. They should line up 3 wide and spread the field. Use the screen or other short routes to spread the field and get your receivers in the open field so they can make something happen. Take the pressure off of your QB by not forcing him to throw deep off of play action all the time.

Imagine Vick playing with a good hard runner (like a Jamal Lewis or Kevin Jones) in a one back offense that uses 1 TE and 3 WRs. Now imagine them running the exact same offense Texas ran last year (minus Greg Davis of course). Imagine what kind of success a QB like Vick could have if he were in an offense like that. An offense that doesnt restrict the QB by telling him he HAS to do this or he HAS to do that. Vick is a very smart QB. Let him read the defenses and call the plays he wants. Take the leg irons off of Vick and he will blow you away every time.

No the problem is not Mike Vick. The problem is the poor coaches in the No Fun League that are trying to turn Vick into Peyton Manning instead of letting him play his game.
i must say a very compelling arugment, you made me second guess myself, i did not know they still ran the west coast o, and now that i think about it, its the OC, cause jim mora is a defense minded coach i belive correct?

Reaganrattler07
08-23-2005, 09:25 PM

That's awesome....but they only award the Heismann to seniors, right?

dragons08
08-23-2005, 09:30 PM
That's awesome....but they only award the Heismann to seniors, right?
matt linehart won it as a jr, jason white, im not sure what he can be considered cause he played a year after, but he played college ball for 6 years? right

Reaganrattler07
08-23-2005, 09:35 PM
matt linehart won it as a jr, jason white, im not sure what he can be considered cause he played a year after, but he played college ball for 6 years? right

Oh ok, I wasn't too sure how the awarding process went. I guess they would rather give it to a person that's not going to be there anymore as opposed to someone who's gonna be there for like 4-5 years.

dragons08
08-23-2005, 09:45 PM
Oh ok, I wasn't too sure how the awarding process went. I guess they would rather give it to a person that's not going to be there anymore as opposed to someone who's gonna be there for like 4-5 years.
i thought they gave it to the best player, which happens to be a senior a lot, cause of the expeirence, and all that stuff that comes with being a senior

Reaganrattler07
08-23-2005, 09:45 PM
i thought they gave it to the best player, which happens to be a senior a lot, cause of the expeirence, and all that stuff that comes with being a senior

True....but what if the best player is a fish or soph?

jtk1519
08-23-2005, 09:46 PM
i must say a very compelling arugment, you made me second guess myself, i did not know they still ran the west coast o, and now that i think about it, its the OC, cause jim mora is a defense minded coach i belive correct?

It always amazes me how you can look at all these high schools and colleges throughout the land and see all the different offenses and what they are doin, but you get to the NFL and everybody runs pretty much the same offense. You have a couple of teams like St. Louis and Indy that have modernized their offenses a bit using less TEs and FBs and using more skill guys like WRs, but for the most part all the NFL teams still line up in your basic pro set offense. It's frustrating to watch all the cool offenses in college football and then turn on the NFL to see the exact same thing.

Guys like Vick are unique athletes. You cant expect them to fit a mold... you have to make the mold fit them. Until there is some new blood with new ideas brought into the NFL, guys like Vick are gonna be wasted.

dragons08
08-23-2005, 09:48 PM
True....but what if the best player is a fish or soph?
then they = hesiman winner

mtbray
08-23-2005, 09:59 PM
I personally think Tennessee is gonna do some damage this year, but who knows.

I would like to think the Longhorns, after losing to OSU on the 10th, will bounce back and own the Big 12 and advance to the NC and face USC, unless jtk's crazy prediction becomes reality! (about Notre Dame taking them at home)

I think if it's not Texas vs. USC in the NC, it'll be USC vs. the other UT.

Reaganrattler07
08-23-2005, 10:26 PM
It always amazes me how you can look at all these high schools and colleges throughout the land and see all the different offenses and what they are doin, but you get to the NFL and everybody runs pretty much the same offense. You have a couple of teams like St. Louis and Indy that have modernized their offenses a bit using less TEs and FBs and using more skill guys like WRs, but for the most part all the NFL teams still line up in your basic pro set offense. It's frustrating to watch all the cool offenses in college football and then turn on the NFL to see the exact same thing.

Guys like Vick are unique athletes. You cant expect them to fit a mold... you have to make the mold fit them. Until there is some new blood with new ideas brought into the NFL, guys like Vick are gonna be wasted.

Exactly why Joe Gibbs is one of the best coaches....he molds his plays to fit his players.

Sorry but it was obligatory to fit Joe Gibbs into this somehow! :D

dragons08
08-23-2005, 10:32 PM
Exactly why Joe Gibbs is one of the best coaches....he molds his plays to fit his players.

Sorry but it was obligatory to fit Joe Gibbs into this somehow! :D
explains whoy portis was so great last year huh? :rolleyes:

Reaganrattler07
08-23-2005, 10:37 PM
Haha nice one, but no.

When Gibbs first came in he lost his first 5 games....there were rumours that he'd be the first coach to be fired that never won one game.....but in his second season they went to (or won?) the superbowl. Then went back I think next year and lost.

But Gibbs made new blocking patterns for Portis....with a good o-line, there'll be a lot more running this year. and Ladell Betts is pretty darn good too...but this is off-topic so lets get back to Predictions and I guess the Heismann.

dragons08
08-23-2005, 10:39 PM
Haha nice one, but no.

When Gibbs first came in he lost his first 5 games....there were rumours that he'd be the first coach to be fired that never won one game.....but in his second season they went to (or won?) the superbowl. Then went back I think next year and lost.

But Gibbs made new blocking patterns for Portis....with a good o-line, there'll be a lot more running this year. and Ladell Betts is pretty darn good too...but this is off-topic so lets get back to Predictions and I guess the Heismann.
us off topic, never has that happend...but a team from florida, can be an underdong, FSU, Flordia, Miami(FL)...

zippy
08-23-2005, 10:41 PM
Come one now, Manning is accurate, has range, and a really smart QB. Have you ever heard him calling plays on the field. He knows how to read a defense better than anyone. Oh and by the way, who are these excellent recievers? Harrison? He is the only one that stands out in my mind. I mean as good as Moss, Owens, and those guys. Other than him, I dont think they have any outstanding WR's. He just knows how to play the position.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with Manning....i think he's overrated. He's a good passer no doubt, but he's blessed with excellent recievers...

zippy
08-23-2005, 10:42 PM
I really think Peterson should have won it. If he had the same season as a Senior, I think he would have.

Reaganrattler07
08-23-2005, 10:43 PM
Well they show clips of these "great passes"....I prefer to call them "great catches"

And yeah, I see how he calls plays on the field....apparently they made sure to do it in Madden :mad:

Reaganrattler07
08-23-2005, 10:44 PM
us off topic, never has that happend...but a team from florida, can be an underdong, FSU, Flordia, Miami(FL)...

Yeah, we're always on topic! :D

dragons08
08-23-2005, 10:45 PM
Come one now, Manning is accurate, has range, and a really smart QB. Have you ever heard him calling plays on the field. He knows how to read a defense better than anyone. Oh and by the way, who are these excellent recievers? Harrison? He is the only one that stands out in my mind. I mean as good as Moss, Owens, and those guys. Other than him, I dont think they have any outstanding WR's. He just knows how to play the position.
the colts got 3 top recivers man! harrison, stokley, wayne, all 3 are playmakers, and with peyton, oh boy it adds to the mix, most fearful passing attack otu there

Reaganrattler07
08-23-2005, 10:52 PM
He's a good (pretty high above average) qb, but not the best of the best, no. But he is blessed with good recievers though. They showed one pass that looked like a flopping goose egg and i think the tight end and to really stretch out and get to it.

dragons08
08-23-2005, 11:00 PM
He's a good (pretty high above average) qb, but not the best of the best, no. But he is blessed with good recievers though. They showed one pass that looked like a flopping goose egg and i think the tight end and to really stretch out and get to it.
okay, whos the best then? and dont say vick...tell me whos the best and why, please

Reaganrattler07
08-23-2005, 11:05 PM
Patrick Ramsey! Haha, I'm kidding. Mark Brunell! Wait a minute, I got one - Vinny Testeverde(or whatever the name)!

Haha, ok, being serious....um...I wanna say McNabb. He's got a good arm and can run the ball as well.

zippy
08-23-2005, 11:08 PM
I agree they are all good recievers, but stokley and wayne are not "great" in my book. There are several in the NFL that I would rank above both of them.

the colts got 3 top recivers man! harrison, stokley, wayne, all 3 are playmakers, and with peyton, oh boy it adds to the mix, most fearful passing attack otu there

zippy
08-23-2005, 11:10 PM
Ok, just consider this. Why would you pay someone 99 million over just a few years, when anyone could do it? He must have something the others dont, or he knows the right people?

okay, whos the best then? and dont say vick...tell me whos the best and why, please

dragons08
08-23-2005, 11:11 PM
I agree they are all good recievers, but stokley and wayne are not "great" in my book. There are several in the NFL that I would rank above both of them.
tell me how many people had more td receptions, either manning is that good, or his wr are good...basically you and redskins are on opposite sides, stokley and wayne, could get it done anywhere else, manning just makes them look that much better

dragons08
08-23-2005, 11:12 PM
Patrick Ramsey! Haha, I'm kidding. Mark Brunell! Wait a minute, I got one - Vinny Testeverde(or whatever the name)!

Haha, ok, being serious....um...I wanna say McNabb. He's got a good arm and can run the ball as well.
okay you make a point, mcnabb and culpepper, and manning they are top 3, with tom brady trailing in 4th, brady may not put up stats, but hes clutch, i'll take brady any day to win a playoff game

mtbray
08-23-2005, 11:19 PM
okay you make a point, mcnabb and culpepper, and manning they are top 3, with tom brady trailing in 4th, brady may not put up stats, but hes clutch, i'll take brady any day to win a playoff game

I'll take my boy Aikman anyday over any of them!!!

*runs into the past and cries*

Reaganrattler07
08-23-2005, 11:26 PM
Yeah....problem with McNabb is he gets too nervous (supposedly) and starts making bad plays.

Yeah, Aikman was good. Theismann was only good because of Gibbs' offense.

But really, of all the clips I've seen of Manning making these passes have just been great catches and nothing more. Now maybe he does make the plays at the line, and give him credit for that, but not for making "great passes"

Tut
08-25-2005, 09:50 AM
I think it will be USC and Michigan in the Rose Bowl. USC, because they are the best team and are more likely to be included even with a loss. Michigan has the schedule to go unbeaten (Ohio State and Notre Dame at home). At Iowa will be tough and they could lose one that they shouldn't. (Probably a homer's pick as I went to U of M)

To get a better insight, ask the computers!

pack0808
08-26-2005, 11:09 AM
I just got my Iowa Hawk magazine and they could be with out one of the top cb's in the nation for the rest of the year in antwan allen. Dang it!! Got in some trouble and was convicted and is looking at 1 year in jail. Iowa was supposed to have one of the best secondary's in the nation this year along with probably the best lb's in the nation but this hurts. Typical crap that happens almost every year. A few years ago it was Warren's Sapp's little bro that got in trouble. he was an all everything corner also. His name is Benny Sapp. I think he still got drafted.

farmerfan
08-29-2005, 06:40 PM
The big 10 will not get 3 teams into the BCS, also the loser of the Michigan/Ohio State game will most likely go to Orlando. I dont think Tennessee or Notre Dame will be in the BCS either seeing as they play late in the season and will knock each other out. If I had to predict the BCS bowl games, I would pick

Rose- USC/Miami
Orange- Michigan/Tennessee
Fiesta- Texas/Iowa
Sugar- Florida/Louisville

Reaganrattler07
08-29-2005, 06:43 PM
I think Frank Beamer and Marcus Vick may be smelling some Roses in January....

dragons08
08-29-2005, 07:04 PM
VT win it all? you serious man??? i think USC, UT, Miami, Michigan, slim slim chance, Ohio State, one of those 5 will smell roses

Reaganrattler07
08-29-2005, 08:47 PM
VT win it all? you serious man??? i think USC, UT, Miami, Michigan, slim slim chance, Ohio State, one of those 5 will smell roses

Wanna make a "friendly bet" :D

Course I dunno what its gonna be considering I just wanna do it over the internet...

dragons08
08-29-2005, 08:53 PM
Wanna make a "friendly bet" :D

Course I dunno what its gonna be considering I just wanna do it over the internet...
bears play the skins this year dont they....we'll do bragging rights.....we should do a lil poll for the bcs games, who going to win and stuff just for fun, for march madness we should all make brackets and see who wins and stuff, just lil fun things like taht to pass time would be cool

Reaganrattler07
08-29-2005, 09:00 PM
Oh yes, the Bears and the Skins do play.....but I doubt Chicago may win that one....but yeah, all that other stuff'd be cool. And I wouldn't mind bragging rights with the Bears-Skins game.

dragons08
08-29-2005, 09:08 PM
Oh yes, the Bears and the Skins do play.....but I doubt Chicago may win that one....but yeah, all that other stuff'd be cool. And I wouldn't mind bragging rights with the Bears-Skins game.
if we get benson in when we play you guys, and if Orton, can throw, oh man youd be in trouble

Reaganrattler07
08-29-2005, 09:10 PM
if we get benson in when we play you guys, and if Orton, can throw, oh man youd be in trouble

Haha, I'm sure the Chicago recievers are gonna be real excited to know Mr. Sean Taylor's gonna be standin' around.

dragons08
08-29-2005, 09:16 PM
Haha, I'm sure the Chicago recievers are gonna be real excited to know Mr. Sean Taylor's gonna be standin' around.
underestimate us, please :D , thats when were good, our defense is phenominal, you thorw in a decent offense, and your looking at a great fotball team (record wise) you look at the scores the bears games were rather low scoring, i noticed when watching the games, the bears die in the 4th q, which is due to the offenseive 3 and outs

Reaganrattler07
08-29-2005, 09:18 PM
Haha, I doubt the Bears are gonna come over and look at the opinion of a 17 year old Redskins fans....

But is Chicago ready for Washington's revamped offense? :cool:

dragons08
08-29-2005, 09:20 PM
Haha, I doubt the Bears are gonna come over and look at the opinion of a 17 year old Redskins fans....

But is Chicago ready for Washington's revamped offense? :cool:
the real question is...is chicago ready for another terrible offesnive year for the bears

Reaganrattler07
08-29-2005, 09:22 PM
If you all don't got a decent offense, forget about it....our defense will probably do all the scoring :p

dragons08
08-29-2005, 09:33 PM
If you all don't got a decent offense, forget about it....our defense will probably do all the scoring :p
looks like the defense's will score more than the offense's, curious when do we meet? id like to watch that game and exchange thoughts in between quaters

Reaganrattler07
08-29-2005, 09:33 PM
Sept 11th at FedEx Field....not too sure what channel or if it's on or not

Reaganrattler07
08-29-2005, 09:34 PM
Hehe, we can also comment on the slaughter that's gonna be going on in San Diego! :D

dragons08
08-29-2005, 09:34 PM
Sept 11th at FedEx Field....not too sure what channel or if it's on or not
fed ex bleh, dad works for UPS, well id hate to beat you guys in your own place, but i guess it'll have to happen

Reaganrattler07
08-29-2005, 09:37 PM
fed ex bleh, dad works for UPS, well id hate to beat you guys in your own place, but i guess it'll have to happen

Don't worry, we'll make it VERY painful :D

Tut
09-01-2005, 05:18 PM
Here is a consensus ranking from all the publications and polls that I could find.

1. Southern California
2. Texas
3. Tennessee
4. Oklahoma
5. Michigan
6. Louisiana State
7. Ohio State
8. Virginia Tech
9. Florida
10. Miami (Fla.)
11. Florida State
12. Iowa
13. Louisville
14. Georgia
15. Purdue
16. Auburn
17. Texas A&M
18. Boise State
19. Arizona State
20. Texas Tech

21. California
22. Fresno State
23. Pittsburgh
24. Virginia
25. Alabama
26. Boston College
27. Georgia Tech
28. Utah
29. Colorado
30. Oregon
31. North Carolina State
32. U.C.L.A.
33. Bowling Green
34. Penn. State
35. Minnesota
36. Notre Dame
37. Iowa State
38. Texas - El Paso
39. Wisconsin
40. Nebraska

41. Southern Mississippi
42. Oklahoma State
43. Missouri
44. Wyoming
45. Toledo
46. Clemson
47. New Mexico
48. Washington State
49. West Virginia
50. South Carolina
51. Maryland
52. Michigan State
53. Alabama - Birmingham
54. Arkansas
55. Miami (Ohio)
56. Kansas State
57. Oregon State
58. Memphis
59. Northern Illinois
60. Mississippi

61. Colorado State
62. Northwestern
63. Syracuse
64. Texas Christian
65. Kansas
66. Brigham Young
67. North Texas
68. Wake Forest
69. Navy
70. Arizona
71. Houston
72. Mississippi State
73. Washington
74. North Carolina
75. Stanford
76. Illinois
77. Marshall
78. Rutgers
79. Louisiana Tech
80. Connecticut

81. Hawaii
82. Tulane
83. Nevada
84. Air Force
85. Middle Tennessee
86. San Diego State
87. Kentucky
88. Troy
89. Indiana
90. South Florida
91. Baylor
92. Vanderbilt
93. Duke
94. Akron
95. Tulsa
96. Cincinnati
97. U.N.L.V.
98. Kent
99. Rice
100 New Mexico State

101 Eastern Michigan
102 Louisiana-Lafayette
103 East Carolina
104 Army
105 Temple
106 San Jose State
107 Southern Methodist
108 Louisiana-Monroe
109 Central Michigan
110 Ohio U.
111 Central Florida
112 Utah State
113 Western Michigan
114 Ball State
115 Florida Atlantic
116 Arkansas State
117 Idaho
118 Buffalo
119 Florida International

FootballJunkie
09-01-2005, 05:39 PM
Yea VT vs USC Rose Bowl I can see that. Lets see Texas loses to Ohio State, Tennesee, Florida. LSU beat each other up same with Michigan,OSU, Iowa, and Purdue. USC will come out of Pac-10 and VT has Miami at home. That game is feasable.

dragons08
09-01-2005, 06:27 PM
Here is a consensus ranking from all the publications and polls that I could find.

1. Southern California
2. Texas
3. Tennessee
4. Oklahoma
5. Michigan
6. Louisiana State
7. Ohio State
8. Virginia Tech
9. Florida
10. Miami (Fla.)
11. Florida State
12. Iowa
13. Louisville
14. Georgia
15. Purdue
16. Auburn
17. Texas A&M
18. Boise State
19. Arizona State
20. Texas Tech

21. California
22. Fresno State
23. Pittsburgh
24. Virginia
25. Alabama
26. Boston College
27. Georgia Tech
28. Utah
29. Colorado
30. Oregon
31. North Carolina State
32. U.C.L.A.
33. Bowling Green
34. Penn. State
35. Minnesota
36. Notre Dame
37. Iowa State
38. Texas - El Paso
39. Wisconsin
40. Nebraska

41. Southern Mississippi
42. Oklahoma State
43. Missouri
44. Wyoming
45. Toledo
46. Clemson
47. New Mexico
48. Washington State
49. West Virginia
50. South Carolina
51. Maryland
52. Michigan State
53. Alabama - Birmingham
54. Arkansas
55. Miami (Ohio)
56. Kansas State
57. Oregon State
58. Memphis
59. Northern Illinois
60. Mississippi

61. Colorado State
62. Northwestern
63. Syracuse
64. Texas Christian
65. Kansas
66. Brigham Young
67. North Texas
68. Wake Forest
69. Navy
70. Arizona
71. Houston
72. Mississippi State
73. Washington
74. North Carolina
75. Stanford
76. Illinois
77. Marshall
78. Rutgers
79. Louisiana Tech
80. Connecticut

81. Hawaii
82. Tulane
83. Nevada
84. Air Force
85. Middle Tennessee
86. San Diego State
87. Kentucky
88. Troy
89. Indiana
90. South Florida
91. Baylor
92. Vanderbilt
93. Duke
94. Akron
95. Tulsa
96. Cincinnati
97. U.N.L.V.
98. Kent
99. Rice
100 New Mexico State

101 Eastern Michigan
102 Louisiana-Lafayette
103 East Carolina
104 Army
105 Temple
106 San Jose State
107 Southern Methodist
108 Louisiana-Monroe
109 Central Michigan
110 Ohio U.
111 Central Florida
112 Utah State
113 Western Michigan
114 Ball State
115 Florida Atlantic
116 Arkansas State
117 Idaho
118 Buffalo
119 Florida International
76, looks like we work our way up to the top, we cant get much worse :D

Reaganrattler07
09-01-2005, 06:40 PM
Yea VT vs USC Rose Bowl I can see that. Lets see Texas loses to Ohio State, Tennesee, Florida. LSU beat each other up same with Michigan,OSU, Iowa, and Purdue. USC will come out of Pac-10 and VT has Miami at home. That game is feasable.

People will probably be surprised with Marcus' ability...

FootballJunkie
09-01-2005, 06:42 PM
a quarterback is supposed to win and that is what Vick is doing.

Reaganrattler07
09-01-2005, 07:17 PM
Yeah, a quarterback is supposed to do anything that he has to to win.....

wide-e-wide
09-01-2005, 07:24 PM
Pass that on to all the Vince Young haters...

Reaganrattler07
09-01-2005, 07:31 PM
Pass that on to all the Vince Young haters...

Why tell myself something I said? :D

wide-e-wide
09-01-2005, 07:36 PM
Yeah, a quarterback is supposed to do anything that he has to to win.....

I'll just refer you back to this comment at any point this season when you are critical of Vince running the ball too much/not throwing enough...okay?

Reaganrattler07
09-01-2005, 07:38 PM
I'll just refer you back to this comment at any point this season when you are critical of Vince running the ball too much/not throwing enough...okay?

Haha ok...I don't comment much about Vine anyways.

So you a Stones fan, Wide?

wide-e-wide
09-01-2005, 07:54 PM
Love the freakin' Stones why?

Oh...duuuuuuuh...my sig huh?

Yeah I'm a big fan. Wish I could get tickets to
their new tour.

Reaganrattler07
09-01-2005, 07:55 PM
Love the freakin' Stones why?

"Hey! You! Get off of my cloud!".....I'm listenin' to it and saw it as your sig...

wide-e-wide
09-01-2005, 07:57 PM
Brain fart. I just figured it out and edited my previous post.

Favorite Stones song is probably "Brown Sugar"...do you know the original title of that song?...it's a bit risque'...hahaha

Reaganrattler07
09-01-2005, 08:02 PM
Brain fart. I just figured it out and edited my previous post.

Favorite Stones song is probably "Brown Sugar"...do you know the original title of that song?...it's a bit risque'...hahaha

Ahh, I like a few songs....not a huge fan but the way I am, I just like a certain songs from a variety of groups...just depends on how the mood is.

wide-e-wide
09-01-2005, 08:08 PM
I dig a lot of the 60's music. And would say that genre gets more air time in my car/house than any other music.

dragons08
09-01-2005, 08:12 PM
Ahh, I like a few songs....not a huge fan but the way I am, I just like a certain songs from a variety of groups...just depends on how the mood is.
thats how i am, listen to what im in the mood for

Reaganrattler07
09-01-2005, 08:14 PM
Although I listen/make my own cds...if i HAVE to listen to the radio...it's gotta be the radio station that plays the 60's-70's music....but i rarely listen to the radio so i just hook up my cd player... :p

dragons08
09-01-2005, 08:15 PM
Although I listen/make my own cds...if i HAVE to listen to the radio...it's gotta be the radio station that plays the 60's-70's music....but i rarely listen to the radio so i just hook up my cd player... :p
i use musicgalore.net or my own cds, if i listen to the radio its usually on modern rock, or espn

Reaganrattler07
09-01-2005, 08:19 PM
i use musicgalore.net or my own cds, if i listen to the radio its usually on modern rock, or espn

The problem with the radio here is we have four decent radio stations:

1. Oldies
2. Rap
3. Country
4. 3 Rap songs, 1 rock

Which would you chose?

dragons08
09-01-2005, 08:23 PM
The problem with the radio here is we have four decent radio stations:

1. Oldies
2. Rap
3. Country
4. 3 Rap songs, 1 rock

Which would you chose?
1!!! in heart beat...rap sucks country sucks rap out numbers rock idea sucks..

wide-e-wide
09-01-2005, 08:25 PM
More than likely the oldies station. And I would listen to the country when my wife is in the car....she's a country girl...goooot-goooot Yee-haw...

dragons08
09-01-2005, 08:27 PM
More than likely the oldies station. And I would listen to the country when my wife is in the car....she's a country girl...goooot-goooot Yee-haw...
i have one phrase to say to that "git er done" hahahahahaha