PDA

View Full Version : Love for the Skeeters?

Favpack
09-23-2006, 09:48 AM
How about Mesquite? They blew out Dallas Carter 35-14, after Carter spanked Plano. How about the Skeeters in the top 20?

da wiz
09-23-2006, 09:57 AM
cant argue with that........

The Great Evaluator
09-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Agreed, they look good on film - some very impressive athletes this year.

Mesquite-Carter Highlights (http://insidehighschoolfootball.com/video.aspx?itemID=1001212368)

c-lisle
09-23-2006, 10:25 AM
maybe they are going to be better than I thought. One thing I have noticed about them in 125a is that they play very hard and that mixed with even a little talent will win you some ball games. Well now I feel more pressure for Longview to win big over Carter.

Kingwolf
09-23-2006, 10:31 AM
maybe they are going to be better than I thought. One thing I have noticed about them in 125a is that they play very hard and that mixed with even a little talent will win you some ball games. Well now I feel more pressure for Longview to win big over Carter.

I think they will end up being what we thought (or at least I did) Jt would be...

Bring on the Cowboys............

big red & cujo
09-23-2006, 10:34 AM
maybe they are going to be better than I thought. One thing I have noticed about them in 12-5a is that they play very hard and that mixed with even a little talent will win you some ball games. Well now I feel more pressure for Longview to win big over Carter.
yes, mesquite is playin very well. i knew in the begiining they were goin to be good. but, i kinda thought north mesquite was ahead of them in my mind. i think now mesquite cam be an early favorite right now after that performance against carter. lee is just makin to many mistakes durn drives. holdin back they self. i guess as long as you win then,just think about the next game. i think they have more than a little talent.they will make a strong running for district in 12-5a.

c-lisle
09-23-2006, 10:36 AM
I think they will end up being what we thought (or at least I did) Jt would be...

Bring on the Cowboys............

I was right there with you on Jt. I think alot of people had high expectations for them. I still think they can be a dangerous team but it is hard to consider them a playoff team right now. Looks like it will be Lee, Longview, Mesquite, and NM vying for the top 4 spots.....

c-lisle
09-23-2006, 10:39 AM
yes, mesquite is playin very well. i knew in the begiining they were goin to be good. but, i kinda thought north mesquite was ahead of them in my mind. i think now mesquite cam be an early favorite right now after that performance against carter. lee is just makin to many mistakes durn drives. holdin back they self. i guess as long as you win then,just think about the next game. i think they have more than a little talent.they will make a strong running for district in 12-5a.

sounds like your attitude about Lee is changing a little. I am not totally surprised by Mesquites win, afterall Carter plays in a very weak district and that is why they usually fiz out in the playoffs. Mesquite's QB has a heck of an arm from what I could see in the highlight video.....

Favpack
09-23-2006, 10:51 AM
sounds like your attitude about Lee is changing a little. I am not totally surprised by Mesquites win, afterall Carter plays in a very weak district and that is why they usually fiz out in the playoffs. Mesquite's QB has a heck of an arm from what I could see in the highlight video.....

Sounds like a district dog-fight - go east texas!

big red & cujo
09-23-2006, 10:52 AM
yea its changin as far as me thinking they are gonna run aWAY WITH DISRICT. I STILL THINK LEE IS VERYgood though.lately they have jus been makin mistakes to kill drives. nobody really stops them till they jus get a penalty or a fumble. you know that kinda of stuff. i no they want beat longveiw or misquite do that kinda of stuff. our qb is vey good though and the defense is the strength. the offense is not far behind. jus to many mistakes to hurt they self doin drives and key plays.

big red & cujo
09-23-2006, 10:53 AM
Sounds like a district dog-fight - go east texas!
yes it will be a dog fight!!!!!!!!

c-lisle
09-23-2006, 10:56 AM
yea its changin as far as me thinking they are gonna run aWAY WITH DISRICT. I STILL THINK LEE IS VERYgood though.lately they have jus been makin mistakes to kill drives. nobody really stops them till they jus get a penalty or a fumble. you know that kinda of stuff. i no they want beat longveiw or misquite do that kinda of stuff. our qb is vey good though and the defense is the strength. the offense is not far behind. jus to many mistakes to hurt they self doin drives and key plays.

well I am glad you dont think they will run away with district anymore...noone is doing that this year, it is going to come down to the last couple of weeks. I agree I still think you are very good and will get better. I thought the soph RB was going to be your primary RB but it looks like the Ekwuerke kid is really good..... Seems like Jackson is not throwing the ball as well as I thought he would considering he has some very good receiver....I saw some stats where he was under 50% completion ratio.

c-lisle
09-23-2006, 10:56 AM
yes it will be a dog fight!!!!!!!!

everyone agrees on this one.....

NMHS fan
09-23-2006, 11:08 AM
Mesquite will be very good come playoff time. They may have a better team next year too. I hope we can stay on the field with them.

c-lisle
09-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Mesquite will be very good come playoff time. They may have a better team next year too. I hope we can stay on the field with them.

well with rivalry games you never know.....are they your big rival? fill me on the mesquite school's rivalries...

NMHS fan
09-23-2006, 11:19 AM
well with rivalry games you never know.....are they your big rival? fill me on the mesquite school's rivalries...

Yep. That's THE game for us. Anything can happen and usually does. They beat us 12-0 the year they won state, and they scored a late TD. Of course we need to win as many as we can. Longview and Tyler Lee are just as big this year. I think JT will be heard from before all is said and done too. I'll take what we can get, but we need to get back into the playoffs.

c-lisle
09-23-2006, 11:23 AM
Yep. That's THE game for us. Anything can happen and usually does. They beat us 12-0 the year they won state, and they scored a late TD. Of course we need to win as many as we can. Longview and Tyler Lee are just as big this year. I think JT will be heard from before all is said and done too. I'll take what we can get, but we need to get back into the playoffs.

playoffs are looking really good for you at this point. Your offense appears really good and JTs defense is just young and struggling. If you catch them early in district you will beat them.

big red & cujo
09-23-2006, 11:32 AM
well I am glad you dont think they will run away with district anymore...noone is doing that this year, it is going to come down to the last couple of weeks. I agree I still think you are very good and will get better. I thought the soph RB was going to be your primary RB but it looks like the Ekwuerke kid is really good..... Seems like Jackson is not throwing the ball as well as I thought he would considering he has some very good receiver....I saw some stats where he was under 50% completion ratio.
yea i thought the sophmore was gonna be the guy. yea ekwurke pronounced (appootika) ha ha! nothin like they way it is spelled. yea appootika is they guy. the coach i still very high on the sophmore.he is extremely fast.he hasnt had many carries but he still grabs alota headlines here. he will definaltly make some noise probobly in disrtict. he'll be the starter next year. oh yea jackson is doin good . he had a bad game against kimball. he was like 8-12 last night against abaline for 187 or so yrds and 2 td's so his percentage should go back up.

PaulinPlano
09-23-2006, 11:56 AM
Kelly Page threw 2 TDs last night. He is a big part of why the Skeeters will do well this year.

StormingCowboy
09-23-2006, 12:27 PM

I knew Mequite was better than the performance that they gave against Plano. The matchup was totally different with Plano. Plano was all run. and Mesquite was all pass.

If I was Longview, I would definitely keep the ball in the air against Carter.

c-lisle
09-23-2006, 12:53 PM
I knew Mequite was better than the performance that they gave against Plano. The matchup was totally different with Plano. Plano was all run. and Mesquite was all pass.

well I know our coaches were in attendance at this one and plus we have two weeks to get ready for this game. WE should have a very good game plan. This Longview teams has the tools to pass and showed that last week. WE need some receivers to step up and catch the ball...

Red Raiders
09-23-2006, 03:52 PM
Looks like there is not any Mesquite Fans on here? Oh well... Its scary that we all thought JT was going to have a good season but they may go 1-9 in a "Dog-Fight" District (like we all agree) with 1 win against Mesquite Horn (Lol). Mesquite, Longview, North Mesquite, and Tyler Lee are all looking like they all have a big chance getting district champ, seriously. This district is going to be very hard to predict where whos going to win and whos out for playoffs (JT Pending).

c-lisle
09-23-2006, 04:16 PM
Looks like there is not any Mesquite Fans on here? Oh well... Its scary that we all thought JT was going to have a good season but they may go 1-9 in a "Dog-Fight" District (like we all agree) with 1 win against Mesquite Horn (Lol). Mesquite, Longview, North Mesquite, and Tyler Lee are all looking like they all have a big chance getting district champ, seriously. This district is going to be very hard to predict where whos going to win and whos out for playoffs (JT Pending).

Mesquite has a few fans but you would think they would have more they arent far from a state championship. There are more NM fans.

NMHS fan
09-23-2006, 05:31 PM
I saw a Lobo or two at our game last night. They probably weren't too impressed with our first quarter play. Two fumbles deep in our end of the field and another inside MacArthur's 20yd line. We went for it on 4th down on our 4th possesion, and fumbled the snap. I'm so ready for our first 'complete game' - hopefully it comes against Longview in our district opener. :)

c-lisle
09-23-2006, 08:06 PM

well our coaches have two weeks to prepare the team for this game and all the coches went to the game last night. Longview's offense is centered around the run and that won't change in any circumstances. I don't expect us to pass over 15-20 times and we might complete half of those. I think it will be enough.