PDA

View Full Version : Woodlands offense

nonamesleft
09-18-2006, 09:20 PM
The Woodlands Offense has been very dissapointing, and thats going easy on them.. The D has looked good for playing the whole game and being forced to carry the entire load of the team.

This offense needs a major revamping or makeover otherwise it would be a long season for The Highlanders. I don't know what they should do but they definitely need to do something to try to get at least a little production. It just seems like all their best athletes and speed are on the defensive side of the ball. I don't know it is jsut very painful to watch.

zippy
09-18-2006, 09:30 PM
The Woodlands Offense has been very dissapointing, and thats going easy on them.. The D has looked good for playing the whole game and being forced to carry the entire load of the team.

This offense needs a major revamping or makeover otherwise it would be a long season for The Highlanders. I don't know what they should do but they definitely need to do something to try to get at least a little production. It just seems like all their best athletes and speed are on the defensive side of the ball. I don't know it is jsut very painful to watch.

They would be top 10 if they could score. Thier D is really good. They held 3 really good teams to low points.

drgnbkr
09-18-2006, 09:37 PM
Is'nt "Woodlands Offense" an oxymoron?......:D JK

protect_this_house
09-18-2006, 10:14 PM
Is'nt "Woodlands Offense" an oxymoron?......:D JK

Thank you. I wasn't sure that The Woodlands was still playing offense anymore. Too bad there aren't any transfer from New Orleans magically showing up on their door step like Montegue did last year.

t00 playa
09-18-2006, 10:19 PM
i just dont think they have had any sort of time or reps to put anything in place... i mean.. they have played 3 super sound defensive teams that will suffocate anyone and keep anyone out of sync... they havent played an average team in which the can find out what they really have....:eek:

Kilt-Boy
09-18-2006, 10:19 PM
The "Woodlands Offense" is just plain offensive. :mad: :mad:

When I read the title of this thread I started thinking in terms of Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster. I heard that it exhisted I just haven't seen it.

ktCarl
09-18-2006, 10:21 PM
Well, they did move the ball on Katy it's just that they fumbled it. Hold on to the ball and those long drives will eventually produce points while giving the defense a rest.

drgnbkr
09-18-2006, 10:23 PM
i just dont think they have had any sort of time or reps to put anything in place... i mean.. they have played 3 super sound defensive teams that will suffocate anyone and keep anyone out of sync... they havent played an average team in which the can find out what they really have....:eek:

Anyone?.....:D

Squirrel88
09-18-2006, 10:27 PM

Maybe too hard of non-district season?:confused:

zippy
09-18-2006, 10:27 PM
Anyone?.....:D

We shall see... Do know that they will keep them to low points. A lot lower than the 45+ point blowouts they are used to.

zippy
09-18-2006, 10:28 PM
Maybe too hard of non-district season?:confused:

Or maybe the 3 teams they have faced made their offense look bad?:confused:

HUM398
09-18-2006, 10:45 PM
Well its not like we all didnt expect this to happen (woodlands 0-3) the schedule was burtal..... If they came out ok Health wise, they should really improve offensive wise over then next couple weeks.. Remember you played the best in the state one after another... Yall will beat up on yalls district opponents and be ready to put a show on for ESPN come the lufkin game.

zippy
09-18-2006, 10:52 PM
Does anyone know why they did this? Not opinions, but acual reason from the H.C. I doubt it was due to the fact that these were the only teams left to play. I am all about playing very good teams pre-season, but NS, KATY, SV, Holy crap. These teams are ranked 3,6,5, today. I could see playing 1-2 of them at the most, but why all 3? I can see taking the SV game to play in the Classic, but other than that??

twcpfan1
09-18-2006, 11:01 PM
Does anyone know why they did this? Not opinions, but acual reason from the H.C. I doubt it was due to the fact that these were the only teams left to play. I am all about playing very good teams pre-season, but NS, KATY, SV, Holy crap. These teams are ranked 3,6,5, today. I could see playing 1-2 of them at the most, but why all 3? I can see taking the SV game to play in the Classic, but other than that??

Well, they did the same thing last year didn't they? Katy NS then Humble (with Jerrod Johnson). The Humble game turned things around for them after going 0-2. They didn't lose another game they should have won. Only losses were to Lufkin and A&M Consolidated. Both eventual semifinalists. They'll be ok this year.

zippy
09-18-2006, 11:03 PM
Well, they did the same thing last year didn't they? Katy NS then Humble (with Jerrod Johnson). The Humble game turned things around for them after going 0-2. They didn't lose another game they should have won. Only losses were to Lufkin and A&M Consolidated. Both eventual semifinalists. They'll be ok this year.

I guess if the group of kids can handle something like this, and learn from it, it could be good. I know a lot of teams that would give up after a start like this. My hats off to them if they turn this around and end on a good note. Not many 16-18 year old kids could.

HUM398
09-18-2006, 11:07 PM

That game was close...And i was really impressed with the Woodlands offense being about to come back. The game was dominated by defense...and the woodlands pulled it out and was able to somewhat Hold jerrod johnson. i got thier alittle late and the score was 13-2 Humble.... When i left 19-13...Woodlands Impressive vicotry...it got thier season moving like you said.

PS. Its to bad we cant have 5th year seniors in highschool... Because Jerrod Johnson was an outstanding player.

unbiasedobserver
09-19-2006, 09:22 AM
A weak Oline, and a panicky QB does not make for a good offense. I would be hesistant to measure a defense by how well they played against the Woods this year.

TheDuke
09-19-2006, 10:26 AM
It all starts with the QB. He just isn't good enough.

O-Line is average at best.

We don't have a GAMEBREAKER on Offense either, so any chance of a BIG PLAY is unlikely to happen!

RB is big, but not quick.

I think it will a LONG season. Of course we will win games and make it to the playoffs since we have a weak district, but as far as making a run at state??

WestlandTiger'95
09-19-2006, 11:58 AM
Well....they did play three programs with arguably the best defenses in the state...that will make most offenses look pretty bad. Hopefully they will learn from these three games and take the experience into the playoffs...predistrict games are nothing more than a time for young men to learn to grow up.

texasboy
09-19-2006, 12:00 PM
who are the running backs for the woodlands this year

playbook
09-19-2006, 12:15 PM

We don't have a GAMEBREAKER on Offense either, so any chance of a BIG PLAY is unlikely to happen!

I think it will a LONG season. Of course we will win games and make it to the playoffs since we have a weak district, but as far as making a run at state??

I know....they need Montague to come back don't they Duke?

KatyMachine
09-19-2006, 12:22 PM
Montague ?? While they're at it they need to see if there's another Amendola brother out there...:cool:

Too bad they only had Montague for a year...the short time he was there he lit it UP pretty good.

G-Man
09-19-2006, 12:30 PM
Thank you. I wasn't sure that The Woodlands was still playing offense anymore. Too bad there aren't any transfer from New Orleans magically showing up on their door step like Montegue did last year.

Yeah, they were prayin for another hurricane but it didnt happen and look where they are. Many said College Park didnt hurt their program...but look where they are. Woodlander will now have to face what most other schools routinely do...lack of quality bodies to fill all the positions and a neverending lack of depth at all positions. just my .02.

twcpfan1
09-19-2006, 12:36 PM
C'mon now. Did Milo not run for about 100 against SV? Not bad for his first varsity game. He has 2 more weeks before District. I think he will be very good. And of course there's Taylor Grote. He will be a threat, particularly if they are able to establish the running game with Milo. I guess it's a wait and see on how Parsons does against lesser competition the next few weeks. Might be a good opportunity for him to catch his breath a little bit. He should be able to make a few adjustments and be ok for District. Let's not forget who he was up against the last 3 weeks.

Kilt-Boy
09-19-2006, 01:22 PM
Okay, I tried to resist. It was futile...........................

10 points !!!! A total of 10 points. Hell, most playoff bound teams defenses have scored more than this already. I'm in no way advocating that TWHS should beaten any of the 3 teams played, but the points total is inexcusable.

Maybe Coach Schmidt should go back and read the Mike Leach press conference from yesterday and apply some of those messages to his team.

http://redraiders.com/stories/091806/foo_4170563.shtml

Exerpts:

"I think we have an entitlement syndrome around here and think that everything's easy and don't understand that to get anything, you fight for it.''

"if we're unable to either change the attitudes dramatically of players that have played for us previously or replace them with people that have different attitudes. And I'm willing to replace them with people that may not be as talented at this point as long as they play hard.''

If the kids think they are entitled to their slots, maybe he needs to shake things up to get their attention. They were told over and over during the off season how their defense was "all-world", their QB was a returning "All-Distict" starter and they had a great "power RB", and I think they bought the hype. They've got two games to get things right.

Sorry for the rant, it's out of my system. Back to the kool-aid in 2 days :D :D

forest99
09-19-2006, 01:32 PM
C'mon now. Did Milo not run for about 100 against SV? Not bad for his first varsity game. He has 2 more weeks before District. I think he will be very good. And of course there's Taylor Grote. He will be a threat, particularly if they are able to establish the running game with Milo. I guess it's a wait and see on how Parsons does against lesser competition the next few weeks. Might be a good opportunity for him to catch his breath a little bit. He should be able to make a few adjustments and be ok for District. Let's not forget who he was up against the last 3 weeks.
nope, milo had 19 carries for 94 yards. and regardless of who he plays, parsons will never be anything special at qb.

TheDuke
09-19-2006, 02:27 PM

Yes they do. I wish he would come back and you would go away.

texasboy
09-19-2006, 03:00 PM
the milo kid is a power back.. he has no break away speed he can buck people but if he has no kind of speed he will get no where. I saw him play against lufkin's jv last year when they played the woodlands the defensive ends were catching this guy from behind. he wont do anything if he doesnt get some speed. if you want to use him like lufkin did javorskie lane he had better get some speed or you need to get deeper in the rb position like lufkin did

twcpfan1
09-19-2006, 04:21 PM
nope, milo had 19 carries for 94 yards. and regardless of who he plays, parsons will never be anything special at qb.

Ok, 94 yards then. Does not that qualify for 'about' 100 as I quoted?

unbiasedobserver
09-19-2006, 04:37 PM
I really don't think Montague is the answer, at least not if preseason expectations are to be met. The Woods was 7 and 4 and out in the first round last year.
Milo is a decent power back. Unfortunately the better teams are going to load the box and force Parsons to beat them.
The oline has to improve and give the back some room and Parsons time to throw, a lot of time to throw.

twhfan#1
09-19-2006, 06:00 PM

Some observations from a LONG TIME Woodlands fan

1. SPEED ( or lack of it ) -- both Parsons & Milo dont have ANY -- TWH plays a lot of 1 back sets --with just Milo & Parsons in backfield --Milo is too slow to get in front to block for Parsons --- too slow to hit holes --too slow to run the TWH bread & butter sweep ( every time he ran it he lost 3-5 yds )--- when Parsons has to scramble he is too slow --usually turns ball over. If either Parsons or Milo had speed it would be a lot different

2. COACHING --- I have never blasted coaching in many yrs of watching TWH football --but 2 things this year :

A. Committed to Parsons because of his size
B. Lack of originality -- in 2nd half -- every 1st down was Milo up the middle ( usually for no gain -- I think he broke loose 3 or 4 times for nice gain --but EVERYBODY in stands commented about it -- so it was obvious NS coaches were expecting it

3. POSSIBLE GOOD NEWS --- Ryan Montague little brother -played freshman for TWH last yr --heard he is better than Ryan -- after school family moved back to New Orleans -- but didnt work out -- so have moved back to Woodlands --his mother has a job & a house -- but even though he attended TWH last yr --UIL considers him a Katrina evacuee -- so the word is that after he clears all UIL red-tape he will be ready to play -- if he is anywhere near as good as his brother -- look for him on the varsity as a soph starter by time district starts

I dont care about TWH being 0-3 ( expected it ) --but to look bad ( on offense ) with NO PROGRESS is bad news

rangerpride
09-20-2006, 12:04 AM
Milo is a decent power back. Parsons has good size, but that's it.

What I don't understand is why the Woods doesn't utilize their HUGE TE more in games. They could have thrown up jump balls to him against the smaller SV DBs, but chose not to go that route.

Their coaches need to do a better job of playing to their own strengths and their opponents weaknesses.

JC73
09-20-2006, 08:59 AM
Milo is a decent power back. Parsons has good size, but that's it.

What I don't understand is why the Woods doesn't utilize their HUGE TE more in games. They could have thrown up jump balls to him against the smaller SV DBs, but chose not to go that route.

Their coaches need to do a better job of playing to their own strengths and their opponents weaknesses.
Its hard when their QB was on his back all game.:D

pack0808
09-20-2006, 09:02 AM

Looks like we are going to be even Duke. ;)

McC Insider
09-20-2006, 09:55 AM
Where has the biggest fan gone. I remember hearing how good Milo was and how Parsons and grown so much in the off season. How the defense was not going to allow a point regardless of who they played. I miss the banter please come out from under that rock.

P.S. If TWH doesn't hang half-a-hundred on Collins something is wrong. Then again there probably is.

forest99
09-20-2006, 10:00 AM
if cornrow can put up 33 against collins with 6 turnover in week 0, according to most of the people in this thread "teh" woodlands should get at least 50 mccinsider, and thats if they put the jv guys in at halftime.

texasboy
09-20-2006, 10:23 AM
the woodlands did talk alot of noise in the spring, but now its game time and they havent backed up anything. Milo is big and slow and the qb isnt as good as they said he would be. these guys were clearly over rated. they have alot to prove with a slow running back in the backfield. They are going to get demolished by lufkin if they dont find a way to get that rb some speed are get one that does.

Favpack
09-20-2006, 10:27 AM
Makes no sense to schedule such a brutal pre-dist. line-up - none at all. Whether you're good or bad it makes no sense.

Kilt-Boy
09-20-2006, 10:34 AM
This is from a post i made on 7/25. Does anyone disagree as of 9/20?

The key to The Woodlands season is pretty simple, they have to reduce their turnovers. They have a different kind of backfield this year, the RB is larger and more physical than what they have had in the past. Ball control will be very important, so if he can keep things pointed forward and hold on to the ball the yardage will come. There won’t be as many home runs as in the past, but that would be okay. The scary thing is the depth (or lack of) at HB, to my knowledge nobody at the position has taken a varsity snap. The QB MUST utilize the TE this year. He is tall, fast and has great hands. Last year he had a cast on one of his hands for the better part of the season so going to him wasn’t as easy, but this year it is imperative. The receivers are talented this year, but that’s only helpful if the QB can get the ball successfully from point A to point B without a defender jumping the route (saw this too many times last year against Lufkin). For the QB, hopefully being a year older and going through a State Championship run in baseball will help his confidence and allow things to slow down a bit, we’ll see.

twcpfan1
09-20-2006, 10:36 AM
Makes no sense to schedule such a brutal pre-dist. line-up - none at all. Whether you're good or bad it makes no sense.

Well the next 2 non district opponents are Klein Collins and Klein Oak. TWHS should win those. Then they start the District schedule with Oak Ridge and Conroe before they meet Lufkin. I have no problem with the schedule. If nothing else, all the pre season hype is now diffused and those guys can just play loose and just let it all hang out. The Highlanders will be fine.

pack0808
09-20-2006, 10:39 AM

I disagree. Playing great teams can prepare you for the playoffs and sometimes can make you tougher in the long run. Now this schedule was a little insane, but I still respect them for it and think it could benefit them in the long run. It could backfire and make them have less confidence but who knows? We will find out soon!

TheDuke
09-20-2006, 10:39 AM
Looks like we are going to be even Duke. ;)

It is NOT looking good for me I will tell you that!

I should have taken the beer and ran when I had the chance!:D

dragonsdaddy
09-20-2006, 10:41 AM
if they can survive this gauntlet, they at least should have some in the state overlooking them. of course if their (non)offense doesn't improve(and it can't get much worse) it'll be 1 and done.

twcpfan1
09-20-2006, 10:41 AM
This is from a post i made on 7/25. Does anyone disagree as of 9/20?

No argument here. Good call

protect_this_house
09-20-2006, 10:45 AM
I agree with playing tough competition to get your team ready for district or a playoff run, but The Woodlands pre-district scheduling looks more like chest thumping egotism than strategy. I can't help but think it's doing more harm than good this particular season.

I can't imagine what the pulse of the kids on the team must be after getting pounded every game to start the season. It can't do much for their confidence in my opinion.

At least they will get a couple of cream puffs in district to perhaps get their confidence going. They are going to get throttled by Lufkin no matter how battle tested they will be. All the pre-district schedule is doing is confirming with the kids that they CAN'T match up with the best teams in the state.

twcpfan1
09-20-2006, 10:58 AM
I agree with playing tough competition to get your team ready for district or a playoff run, but The Woodlands pre-district scheduling looks more like chest thumping egotism than strategy. I can't help but think it's doing more harm than good this particular season.

I can't imagine what the pulse of the kids on the team must be after getting pounded every game to start the season. It can't do much for their confidence in my opinion.

At least they will get a couple of cream puffs in district to perhaps get their confidence going. They are going to get throttled by Lufkin no matter how battle tested they will be. All the pre-district schedule is doing is confirming with the kids that they CAN'T match up with the best teams in the state.

I disagree. I'm sure the individuals responsible for the schedule knew that an 0-3 start was a real possibility. I really think they wanted to guage how their team as well as players in key positions, match up against the best. Best to do that at the beginning of the season.

TheDuke
09-20-2006, 11:07 AM
I disagree. I'm sure the individuals responsible for the schedule knew that an 0-3 start was a real possibility. I really think they wanted to guage how their team as well as players in key positions, match up against the best. Best to do that at the beginning of the season.

An 0 - 3 start maybe.

Scoring only 10 points in 12 quarters is another thing.

unbiasedobserver
09-20-2006, 11:11 AM
I have to believe that the Coaches felt that they had a better team than they do. I really don't think they would have created this schedule if they had known that they wouldn't be able to at least sniff a win.

pack0808
09-20-2006, 11:15 AM
I have to believe that the Coaches felt that they had a better team than they do. I really don't think they would have created this schedule if they had known that they wouldn't be able to at least sniff a win.

They only lost by 3 points to 5a power Katy. I would call that score more then a sniff at victory.

unbiasedobserver
09-20-2006, 11:30 AM
Thats a fair point. Bad choice of words on my part.

KatyMachine
09-20-2006, 12:07 PM
Some observations from a LONG TIME Woodlands fan

1. SPEED ( or lack of it ) -- both Parsons & Milo dont have ANY -- TWH plays a lot of 1 back sets --with just Milo & Parsons in backfield --Milo is too slow to get in front to block for Parsons --- too slow to hit holes --too slow to run the TWH bread & butter sweep ( every time he ran it he lost 3-5 yds )--- when Parsons has to scramble he is too slow --usually turns ball over. If either Parsons or Milo had speed it would be a lot different

2. COACHING --- I have never blasted coaching in many yrs of watching TWH football --but 2 things this year :

A. Committed to Parsons because of his size
B. Lack of originality -- in 2nd half -- every 1st down was Milo up the middle ( usually for no gain -- I think he broke loose 3 or 4 times for nice gain --but EVERYBODY in stands commented about it -- so it was obvious NS coaches were expecting it

3. POSSIBLE GOOD NEWS --- Ryan Montague little brother -played freshman for TWH last yr --heard he is better than Ryan -- after school family moved back to New Orleans -- but didnt work out -- so have moved back to Woodlands --his mother has a job & a house -- but even though he attended TWH last yr --UIL considers him a Katrina evacuee -- so the word is that after he clears all UIL red-tape he will be ready to play -- if he is anywhere near as good as his brother -- look for him on the varsity as a soph starter by time district starts

I dont care about TWH being 0-3 ( expected it ) --but to look bad ( on offense ) with NO PROGRESS is bad news

Montague has a little brother ? Better than him ? Man....People should watch out then. His big brother first TOUCH in a Woodz uni he ran a KO back 98-yards I think. He in my opinion was HELLA good. Up there with Amendola, B Carter, and Easely when you think of guys who were effective on Offense for the Highlanders.

TheDuke
09-20-2006, 12:12 PM
Montague has a little brother ? Better than him ? Man....People should watch out then. His big brother first TOUCH in a Woodz uni he ran a KO back 98-yards I think. He in my opinion was HELLA good. Up there with Amendola, B Carter, and Easely when you think of guys who were effective on Offense for the Highlanders.

Don't let "playbook" hear you say that about Montague. He has some kind a thing about him. Always talks smack when people say he is good.

G-Man
09-20-2006, 12:20 PM
I am sure that when Coach Scmidt made the schedule he didn't consider the possibility of 0-3. Surely he felt they could win at least one and probably felt like they had a chance against the others. However, you really dont know until you play...unless you are Lufkin or SLC with all their returning guys. Another factor is the top tier teams have a hard time finding opponents because no one wants to start the season either beat up or with losses or both. Woodlands is not as strong as in the past but still have that reputation making it difficult to fill out a preseason schedule. Also, when you begin making a two year schedule you really dont know who will be in your district so you have to make several tentative schedules just to be safe. Lufkin is a prime example. No one wants to play them....and they never know what district they will be stuck in. No one wants them because 1)they are good, and 2)they are 100 miles away. Back to Woodlands. This preseason will probably help them because they are use to winning and a couple of easy wins in district will get their swagger back....and if it doesnt thats ok too because a little humility is good for all of us. Sooner or later it will be Lufkin and SLC's turn for their dose. Unfortunately for the rest of us it doesnt look like it will happen this year.:)

McC Insider
09-20-2006, 12:47 PM
The Woods went 0-4 to start the season in 1997, before realing off 5 or the next six. The year ended with a loss to Lang. Creek in the first round but the point is the coaches have been in this situation before. Those losses were to Kingwood, Nimitz, Humble and Brazoswood. At least this team has an excuse for going 0-fer.

Big Daddy Cool
09-20-2006, 12:57 PM
I know the North Shore game was made because of the close relationship between Coach Aymond and Mr. Wilig. From what read in an article in the chronicle it said they had already planned on playing each other before the 03' title game. And then after playing the last two years it was decided to extend the series. Now for how long it didn't say so this may have been the end or there may be one more game between the two.

playbook
09-20-2006, 01:28 PM
Yes they do. I wish he would come back and you would go away.

I bet you wish he would "come" back.

TheDuke
09-20-2006, 02:37 PM
I bet you wish he would "come" back.

WOW!!

WTF is wrong with you??

GET A LIFE!

HUM398
09-20-2006, 06:36 PM
The Woods went 0-4 to start the season in 1997, before realing off 5 or the next six. The year ended with a loss to Lang. Creek in the first round but the point is the coaches have been in this situation before. Those losses were to Kingwood, Nimitz, Humble and Brazoswood. At least this team has an excuse for going 0-fer.

1997 Humble team was no push over team... They were the real deal, they just made an early exit like all the other Humble teams...

Kilt-Boy
09-22-2006, 11:22 PM
So there was a sighting tonight.

Even with the passing game opening up, the running game still looked ineffective. That is until they handed the ball to Skaufel, the running game takes on a totally different look when they do that.

twcpfan1
09-22-2006, 11:25 PM
So there was a sighting tonight.

Even with the passing game opening up, the running game still looked ineffective. That is until they handed the ball to Skaufel, the running game takes on a totally different look when they do that.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Skaufel is one of the two really good DB's right? The other one is Charbonnet?

WoodlandsHigh
09-22-2006, 11:44 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong. Skaufel is one of the two really good DB's right? The other one is Charbonnet?

Skaufel is division I ready. Great field vision & reads very, very well. They miss Zach Carpenter. Charbonnet & Lake is the reason the 4 were listed as top defensive backs. Very impressive.

WoodlandsHigh
09-22-2006, 11:45 PM
Basically, this TWHS varsity team is a product of too many kids in the program. They lack the varsity experiences & learning on the job in their 1st few games of the season; which makes one wonder why they are playing the toughest opponents in the state.

Regardless, there are too many kids in the program not to win a few of these games. As with any team, you need a few kids who make the difference. My take on the Woodlands is they "feature" a few kids who are not producing 100 percent on the field. Their egos are above the coaches & nothing seems to be done about it.

I saw a game this year. # 1 & #5 do not block. How do you expect their RB to break open if your WR's are watching. They had two big holes in the line last year which played havoc. They had great backs last year w/nothing to show for it.

A few observations:

1) stop sending the QB back & forth between plays. The guy must get tired running 40 yards per play. Send the play in with the WR. The QB needs to stay in the huddle & create some leadership & synergy. How many timeouts have been called this year because of this delay?

2) Stop asking the WR's to block. Bench them if they don't; regardless of who they are. Colleges don't recurit slackers.

3) They need a quick tackle. A blocking fool who is fast & smart. Strong side is good. Also, Hinton could make the difference if the team moves to a running game vs. passing; which is not that great. Besides, the defense is well coached. Go to the running game..... Keep the defense off the field & use the clock. Defense is very impressive & will only improve with Zach coming back. Watson needs to follow instruction... he can cause great havoc.

4) Stop throwing to the sidelines. Teams will pick this off. Parson's is sure to get two TD passes...for the other team if they prepare right. You got a very, very tall TE to get the obvious 5 yard catch everytime. The other TE is good. running game in the two TE offense... will do the trick. Parson's floats the long pass. Ok if you have a great WR. We still miss Danny & Kyle.

5) Good JR running back. Hold on to the ball! Blocking is coming on board! Great job by new members on the line.

6) Forget about JV ball & move up the younger kids who have the right attitudes & do the simple things like blocking. Katy proved to me that size is not everything. They took A&M today w/defensive players under 180 lbs.

Success is not judged by how many years you win district; especially this one. Success is about the post season. Let's focus on getting the right formula to do just that.

The Woodlands have some good coaches. Mark will make the right moves. No more deals with the devil. Time to move past the 1st round of the playoffs.

And last, go to the games & cheer them on. Katy was a great indicator of things to come. North Shore will probably win state...they were that good.

How's my driving? or analysis.........