PDA

View Full Version : Pack vs Ike

Squirrel88
09-16-2006, 10:23 PM
Ok... I thought I would start this thread since NS is off this next week.

Who is going to be there? I want to get up a group! :eek:

I want to see... just how good the Pack is!

c-lisle
09-16-2006, 10:33 PM
wow....the packs next quality opponent.......LOL

LPFAN
09-16-2006, 10:37 PM
Sorry that not all Houston area teams can be as good as Longview.:cool:

backthepack
09-16-2006, 10:38 PM
Quality's ***...believe me, I wish we could play some better teams as much as the rest of you all...I should be there. Gotta find a ride probably but that shouldn't be much of a problem. It'd be nice to get a group together and meet some of you guys. Y'all just lemme know what the deal is and I'll see about making it.

t00 playa
09-16-2006, 11:11 PM
Ill probably be there....:eek:

HUM398
09-17-2006, 12:11 AM
Well, pack fans do be suprised if IKE comes out strong on defense and holds Lufkin for the frist couple of drives... They have convinced me that they are a legit road back to being supreme... They wont do anything to hurt anyones chances of making out of houston this year... But i have a feeling that the next couple years Your gonna see the BIG IKE we all remember.

pack0808
09-17-2006, 12:40 AM
It is hard to believe this team can be much better then the Ike team last year that lost a ton of div1 players and a team that lost to Lufkin 51-0 and had -6 yards. This game will be ugly like they have been the last several years.

pack0808
09-17-2006, 12:43 AM

I know it is ridiculous. I cannot believe Lufkin has a game in a few weeks vs a team they have beaten 9 times in a row. What a waste of time! Start scheduling some real teams and leave the cupcakes alone Panthers!

LPFAN
09-17-2006, 01:24 AM
I know it is ridiculous. I cannot believe Lufkin has a game in a few weeks vs a team they have beaten 9 times in a row. What a waste of time! Start scheduling some real teams and leave the cupcakes alone Panthers!
Dang they are almost up there with Nacogdoches when it comes to current losing streaks against Lufkin. Nac 14 Longview 9 :eek: Keep talking smack c-lisle and you could possibly be in the double digits like Nac in a few weeks.

texasboy
09-17-2006, 11:59 AM
LOL ike is a joke to lufkin... Lufkin has started to get the ball rolling on offense the streak on ike will continue this week. Hopefully this will be the last year outlaw schuedules them. We need to move because we played them when they were a powerhouse now they arent anything. We need to get a current powerhouse out of houston and play them. I would of liked to see us get a powerhouse from the houston and dallas areas on our schuedule and maybe john curtis and hoover if we could

dada
09-17-2006, 01:22 PM

I originally planned to go to this game...maybe hook up with the "wide man"...but I will be attending Katy-AMC.

c-lisle
09-17-2006, 01:35 PM

you lufkin fans are sensitive about your schedule.......lighten up...

maybe you could schedule Marshall in the near future....they are killing 5a LA teams and need someone new on the schedule.....they beat shreveport byrd 50-3 on friday....

like somone else said it would be cool if you could have JT, Lee, Longview, and Marshall on your nondistrict schedule......that would be a great non distrcit schedule....

c-lisle
09-17-2006, 01:42 PM
Keep talking smack c-lisle and you could possibly be in the double digits like Nac in a few weeks.

not if you play against us like you did against Nac in the first half.....you better bring your A game cause this Longview team is no pushover.....we have Carter to worry about though and have no time to talk about this game....

VB Pack Fan
09-17-2006, 07:18 PM
The pack seems too play to their opponents level. This has been a trademark for them ,for some reasons. The better the opponets play ,the better the Pack seems to be. I hope this does not come back and bite us in the rear.So come Lobos, the better you play ,the better the Packs......in OLD ABE at that:D

SmilinTiger
09-17-2006, 08:58 PM

At least it's finally a 5A team

PantherStang84
09-17-2006, 09:57 PM

I was wondering when you would stick your head in here and pop off.

Welcome to the official Pantherstang84 ignore list. It's short but distinguished.:p

pack0808
09-17-2006, 10:33 PM

Seems like Lufkin had a pretty good 5a team on their schedule called Katy in 02 and 03 what happened? ;) 19 in a row vs the Houston area teams and counting!

Bootsdaddy
09-17-2006, 11:11 PM
Seems like Lufkin had a pretty good 5a team on their schedule called Katy in 02 and 03 what happened? ;) 19 in a row vs the Houston area teams and counting!

Pack, you know the company line on that one. "Katy starts slow!"

pack0808
09-18-2006, 01:58 AM
Pack, you know the company line on that one. "Katy starts slow!"

oh yeah my bad!

the_pack
09-18-2006, 07:13 AM
I will definately be at the game.
Lufkin-48
IKE-17 (just because its a home game and we're nice)

KLH75287
09-18-2006, 09:57 AM

Amen !!!

SmilinKitty is a Pack hater with a very short memory.

GO PACK IN '05

PACK
09-18-2006, 10:13 AM
I think this game will be a dog fight in the first half but LP will kick it in in the 2nd half. Ike has a very good starting line up but I think depth will limit their staying power as the game wears on. Ike has played 2 very good teams and although they lost, they were not blownout by wither Humble or NS. Turnovers in the NS game probably made the score a little more lopsided than it would have been. You never know though. It should be a good game. I do think Ike will have to throw the ball more to be effective on the scoreboard, but throwing into the LP def backfield is dangerous with 8 picks already. LP has not faced a team with this kind of size on the d line this season. LP off might be slow starting until they adjust and start using their speed as the advantage.
LP 36
Ike 14 (scoring on backups)

pack0808
09-18-2006, 10:31 AM
I say 45-7

Squirrel88
09-18-2006, 10:40 AM
Reguardless of the score, I want to see the Pack's offense and defense for myself.

PACK
09-18-2006, 11:16 AM
Reguardless of the score, I want to see the Pack's offense and defense for myself.
I'd say get you a ticket for the game and come early.

pack0808
09-18-2006, 03:39 PM
I'd say get you a ticket for the game and come early.

I am going to miss my first Panther game since the 2000 season I think. Going to Disney World with the family this Thursday. It is going to be weird not going and hopefully they can pull it out without me. ;)

AHS Mustangs
09-18-2006, 03:58 PM
For you Pack fans, you might not want to take Aldine-Westfield off of Beltway 8 to go to Thorne Stadium. They are still working on widening Aldine-Westfield, and a lot of people will be going down that road (knowing you travel well). You can take the Betway to JFK and go to Aldine-Bender up to the stadium, or you can just exit FM 525 from US 59 and it turns into Aldine Bender. Just some ideas...good thing the IKE people will be coming from the opposite direction.

backthepack
09-22-2006, 09:25 AM
*bump*

So who all is going to the game? Anyone meeting up? What is the other way to get there?

Oh yeah, and is anyone ready for the game? I am. Woot.

texasboy
09-22-2006, 09:45 AM
umm this game is going to be a boring one. lufkin will win by more then 60 points if they left the starters in but since they wont it will be 60 to 7

LPFAN
09-22-2006, 10:01 AM
*bump*

So who all is going to the game? Anyone meeting up? What is the other way to get there?

I will be there. :D I had a scare last night and didn't think I was going to make it to the game. My muscles weren't working on the right side of my face. I couldn't spit properly, my right eye will not close properly and I didn't have much of a sense of taste in my mouth. I was also having some pain in my head from above my right eye, down to just above my mouth and then back to behind my right ear. I looked up the symptoms on Web MD and checked the symptoms of Bell's Palsy and Transient Ischemic Attack. I felt it was just Bell's Palsy(I was praying that was it) but I figured I better go to the hospital to get checked out. I decided to go to my son's 8th grade game first and then I went to the hospital afterwards. My BP was jacked up. I never have had it so high in my life. They did a CAT scan and found out that I really did have a brain.:eek: :D Thank God the Dr. said that I did not have TIA or a stroke but It was just as I had suspected. Bell's Palsy. It will go away in a matter of days. So if you see a guy in Aldine with a droopy face that would be me.:D

protect_this_house
09-22-2006, 10:06 AM
You heard it here first, 35 - 21 Ike.

Disclaimer: If Lufkin wins ignore this post

LPFAN
09-22-2006, 10:07 AM

:eek: If that happens I just might end up having a stroke.:eek:

Squirrel88
09-22-2006, 10:14 AM

That would throw off the ratings, but don't underestimate Ike.

PantherStang84
09-22-2006, 10:23 AM
*bump*

Man. We need some way to recognize each other. I'll be the one wearing purple. lol

I am going to try to sneak away from work early to get a head start.

BTW...My son chain ganged the JV game last night. The score was like 52-0 Lufkin.

Pack0406
09-22-2006, 10:37 AM
My son was also on the chain gang at last night's JV game. He said that IKE was contact shy:confused: I thought that unusual as in the past IKE has always been ready and willing to hit. I am sure the Varsity will be ready to hit though;)

LP - 48
IKE - 7

Squirrel88
09-22-2006, 10:52 AM
My son was also on the chain gang at last night's JV game. He said that IKE was contact shy:confused: I thought that unusual as in the past IKE has always been ready and willing to hit. I am sure the Varsity will be ready to hit though;)

LP - 48
IKE - 7

Don't judge their V by their JV. Look at the NS vs TWHS game.
TWHS JV tore into NS.

Pack0406
09-22-2006, 10:55 AM
Good point.

Favpack
09-22-2006, 10:56 AM
I'll be there - in purple - look for me. ;)

Squirrel88
09-22-2006, 11:07 AM
I am going to be there tonight. I want to see just how good Lufkin is.

PACK
09-22-2006, 11:30 AM
I am going to be there tonight. I want to see just how good Lufkin is.

Be sure and wear your purple! ;) At one LP game, I saw a scout team of coaches wearing purple to blend in. Of course it was mostly LSU stuff. I thought that was funny.

texasboy
09-22-2006, 12:23 PM
hey if north shore coaches would of agreed to the game you could of saw lufkin play against another powerhouse team

t00 playa
09-22-2006, 01:22 PM
hey if north shore coaches would of agreed to the game you could of saw lufkin play against another powerhouse team

it was the other way around.:eek:

t00 playa
09-22-2006, 01:28 PM
I think lufkin will win.. but i just dont know by how many.. NS's offense looked horrible that night... and just had a hard time moving the ball.. but.. IKE's defense had a lot to do with that...but NS's defense was spectacular... and did thier job... IKE got nothing on offense.... but i think that IKE is too one dimensional...they will need to throw the ball more in order to be effective...and to keep lufkin off of them...but lufkin should win this game.. they look to be in sync on offense and defense... so.. we shall see..... i should be at the game... i have tickets...just not 100% sure if i will go to the game... :eek:

Squirrel88
09-22-2006, 01:43 PM

I heard it was lufkin that was skuard at the thought of playing NS. I have already played this game with a number of people.

I also think that having to find 5 non-district teams to play is what is causing you trouble finding people to play.

Squirrel88
09-22-2006, 01:48 PM
I think lufkin will win.. but i just dont know by how many.. NS's offense looked horrible that night... and just had a hard time moving the ball.. but.. IKE's defense had a lot to do with that...but NS's defense was spectacular... and did thier job... IKE got nothing on offense.... but i think that IKE is too one dimensional...they will need to throw the ball more in order to be effective...and to keep lufkin off of them...but lufkin should win this game.. they look to be in sync on offense and defense... so.. we shall see..... i should be at the game... i have tickets...just not 100% sure if i will go to the game... :eek:

I believe the imaginary game between Lufkin and NS would be a rather low scoring game. NS defense would keep the Pack at bay and the NS offense is still strugling aginst strong teams.
I don't have my tickets, but I will be there tonight.

I am also going to go see OSU vs UH tomorrow night. I want to see Bobby Reid back in action.

PantherStang84
09-22-2006, 02:33 PM

Are we still on this? Come on folks give it a rest.

Have you people ever considered the fact that it just possibly may have been a scheduling conflict? That maybe just maybe the 2 schools couldn't come up with a date that would have worked for both?

Wh knows maybe next year or at the next realignment it work out for your dream game.

It would be a good game and I'll have to find a half purple and half red shirt.

Squirrel88
09-22-2006, 03:00 PM
Are we still on this? Come on folks give it a rest.

Have you people ever considered the fact that it just possibly may have been a scheduling conflict? That maybe just maybe the 2 schools couldn't come up with a date that would have worked for both?

Wh knows maybe next year or at the next realignment it work out for your dream game.

It would be a good game and I'll have to find a half purple and half red shirt.

And sit in the middle? lol :eek:

PantherStang84
09-22-2006, 03:07 PM
And sit in the middle? lol :eek:

I guess in the end zone on either end.

I'll be down to watch Thunder and the Boys next Friday.

Squirrel88
09-22-2006, 03:32 PM
I guess in the end zone on either end.

I'll be down to watch Thunder and the Boys next Friday.

Thunder doesn't run much anymore like he used to. There isn't a track to run him.

PantherStang84
09-22-2006, 03:36 PM
Thunder doesn't run much anymore like he used to. There isn't a track to run him.

Yeah I know. It's kind of sad how traditions die. Still nice seeing him on the sideline though.

nsmustangbacker
09-22-2006, 06:34 PM
I was thinking of going to the game tonight, but I wouldn't be wearing purple. And my cap would be black with red Mustangs on it. Do you think that the Lufkin people would treat me ok? Heck, I spent my summers working on my grandparents land in East Texas, just outside of Apple Springs and Groveton.

As for Thunder running, there is a place to run him, it just wouldn't be in front of the stand anymore, like it was at Dement. And, secondly, it might be sexist, but I really think the Rounders need to be male. Heck, maybe get the Air Force ROTC boys to run him, at every score. They already are doing the push-ups, might as well get their wind sprints in also.

Class of '85

Squirrel88
09-22-2006, 06:41 PM
I will be there with my mustang stuff on.

HUM398
09-22-2006, 10:48 PM
Well Ike hung in thier for 2 quarters, but by the looks of the score they couldnt handle that number #1 Lufkin Panters... Congrats on the win.

Mr. Buddy Garrity
09-22-2006, 10:49 PM
They pissed LP off by scoring first thats why they lost..lol

t00 playa
09-22-2006, 10:49 PM
Ill give my take on lufkin and the game in a few .....:eek:

Squirrel88
09-22-2006, 11:08 PM
Here is my take on Lufkin. They have a very well ballanced offense. They have a very well orcastrated dual threat and can hit you with both the pass and the run. Defense? They are above average, but nothing really special.

t00 playa
09-22-2006, 11:11 PM
Here is my take on Lufkin. They have a very well ballanced offense. They have a very well orcastrated dual threat and can hit you with both the pass and the run. Defense? They are above average, but nothing really special.

i dunno.. i dont think that can be associated with anything having to do with the 2006 lufkin panthers....:eek:

Squirrel88
09-22-2006, 11:14 PM
i dunno.. i dont think that can be associated with anything having to do with the 2006 lufkin panthers....:eek:

Let me make myself a little more clearer. I HOPE THAT THEY GO D2, SO NS DOESN"T HAVE TO LOSE TO THEM! :eek:

t00 playa
09-22-2006, 11:16 PM
Let me make myself a little more clearer. I HOPE THAT THEY GO D2, SO NS DOESN"T HAVE TO LOSE TO THEM! :eek:

who would win?? i dont know... i could care less if they play lufkin or not.. but ill give credit where credit is due... they are a GOOD football team.... ike.. shot themselves in the foot plenty of times...however... they were overmatched....:eek:

bdenby
09-23-2006, 12:41 AM
TC, I can't believe you are missing the game. I watched SLC and Rockwall last night. Riley Dodge made throws like JD Booty made against us in 2001. But of course Rockwall's D isn't the Pack. Let me hear from you.

LPFAN
09-23-2006, 01:15 AM

OOOOPS!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:
I will say that Lufkin needs to cut down on the penalties. We can't have that in a close game against a good team. It could cost us big time. I think that is something you have mentioned in the past.

PantherStang84
09-23-2006, 08:05 AM
Just a quick shout out to Squirrel88. Man. it was nice meeting and visiting with ya at the game last night. I'll look for ya Friday at the deer killin'.

c-lisle
09-27-2006, 03:10 PM
just watched the first quarter of the game online. The pack is scary good and amde IKE look rediculous. IKe speed in the front seven was not very good. If they would've played with some confidence they had alotj of opportunites missed from what I saw. Lufkin has some great receivers....they just lob the ball down field and the WR are good just better than the DBs and go get the ball. That first TD by Bryant should not ahve happened....very poor tackling.

It is scary when Lufkin punts the ball....if its anywhere inside of 4th and 10 they could get 10yds easy....almost anytinme.....